Page 279 of 369 FirstFirst ... 179229269274277278279280281284289329 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 7369

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    TheOnePaladin's Matarisvan: A great execution of the prompt. I really enjoyed how the Servant is still distinctly Matarisvan despite the amount of connections made to Prometheus and how much you adjusted his story to fit the syncretic connections built. Really feels like the same character, simply being viewed throught the lens of Greek myth.
    I really like his first skill, you could've stopped at the abilities he gainst but the added flavor of his spiritual core being in the hands is great. The mechanics around his fire abilities are also very interesting and are a breeding ground for interesting storylines. It's the kind of thing that really makes you imagine the roles this character could play in an proper story.

jishara's Eruzlie Freda: I mean, it does what it is trying to do, but I think a sheet involving three characters from three different cultures needs more than 2 lines of lore to explore them properly.

Wyvern's Cuca: Delightfully nostalgic. I really enjoyed the journey of transformation you wrote to justify the connections and the final result strikes a nice balance between classic folklore, 'modern' interpretations and anime reference.
    And you do really excel at evoking that nostalgia, that Bond 10 was the perfect end.
    I'll say that the NPs don't fit that well due to the territorial effects. You called them extra gimmicks and they do come across like that. The idea of them representing where she was as well as who she was is fine, but the rest of the sheet feels personal enough that I don't think the area altering effects quite fit.

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Say, just making sure, but does syncretism always have to include divinity somewhere? Would "non-divine guy from myth A appears in myth B under a different name" be enough? Think of Lancelot (French) --> Lanzelet (Germanic) for example. Or is that just closer to adaptation/appropriation?
    It all depends on your approach, but no, it doesn't have to be religious.
    If I was to tackle Lancelot for example, the sheet would probably be more about courtly love as a French idea being introduced to and influencing English Arthurian literature. That's just an example though.
    Last edited by pinetree; December 10th, 2022 at 02:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Alright, lets respond to these now before I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Wyvern's Cuca: Delightfully nostalgic. I really enjoyed the journey of transformation you wrote to justify the connections and the final result strikes a nice balance between classic folklore, 'modern' interpretations and anime reference.
    And you do really excel at evoking that nostalgia, that Bond 10 was the perfect end.
    I'll say that the NPs don't fit that well due to the territorial effects. You called them extra gimmicks and they do come across like that. The idea of them representing where she was as well as who she was is fine, but the rest of the sheet feels personal enough that I don't think the area altering effects quite fit.
    Yes, its been mentioned that the FGO-esque effects that I picked didn't fit the actual canon effects of the NP. I probably could go back and alter that, but I feel like it would be unfair to edit and fix that now that it is already posted. This is contest, after all.

Outside of that, I'm glad that you enjoyed the journey of our favorite witch.

I wasn't certain about the path I took to explain her transformation, but its an idea that's been rattling around inside my head for a while now. And this remake of one of my first ever Sheets deserved a nice stage.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Anyway, we have a lot of entries already. Lemme see if I can comment on them and gush over their awesomeness.

Cuca: NOT ME SIMPLY NOT BEING ABLE TO NOT READ THIS ENTIRE THING WITH SITIO DO PICAPAU AMARELO’S MUSIC BLASTING IN MY BRAIN.
    Everyone already know I’d trust my life to you when it comes to characters. Your servants are always a work of art, specially when they’re from our good ol’ Brazil. Your love for this country’s folklore is self-evident at this point and it shows. But never not even in my wildest dreams, I’d think about this connection, and now that I finished the sheet I could only think, ‘but of course’ as if this is the most logical conclusion. Of course Cuca was that Dragon of the Lake once. Of course she’s a dragon maid now. Of course she still needs an assistant in this yellow woodpecker place. WHY THE HELL NOT. Take my vote already and stop being amazing! ;_;
    Nostalgia for the win, yes.

I avoided touching Sitio do Picapau Amarelo until the very end of the sheet because of how it is a modern interpretation of her myth, and its effects haven't manifested fully. But these 'fake memories' that she is experiencing are just too much fun for her to be mad about it. Cuca is an actress who's played various roles, and this one she's doing now is in her honest opinion one of the best roles ever.

Don't sell yourself short though. I know you'll come up with something even more amazing than me!

Of the Brazilian Three Amigos who won this contest in the past, I consider you and pinetree much better, so don't go letting me beat you guys yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    Cuca, the Witch of the New World by Wyvern: oh hi tohru. XD Ahem. Anyways. Love how it starts off, always a sucker for these kinds of starts, and thankfully I kept liking it as I read through it. Making the link of Melusine to a dragon and then to this little boogieman-type story from Brazil. It's nice learning about this stuff, you know? I'll admit, I was initially "wait why does she have henshin forms for her NPs?" but then I gave it some thought and realized why, which you then confirm: the NPs are a representation of the changes she went through and where. So now I like it.
    I had to look for so many gifs and images to make this look right.

The NP effect, like you said, is a bit iffy. But for Cuca, her NP isn't something associated with her current role, but the ability to swap roles back and forth between her other previous identities. I really wanted to lean on that aspect of her story, and the NP felt like the best way to sell it.

Always glad to teach you guys more about tales from my country.

It's been my mission since I decided to pick up steam on making my sheets.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alter Ego of The Wandering God

Source
    Lieutenant Mars Thingsus

Class: Alter-Ego
    Other Classes: Rider (Tyr), Ruler(Mars-Thingsus), Assassin, Watcher (Tiwaz/Unknown Sky-God)
    True Name: Mars Thingsus (While his other names could be debated, Thingsus is utilized as his last deific incarnation before the coming of Christianity and loss of widespread worship)
    Other Names: Tyr, The Lieutenant, Lieutenant, “Oh, ah, what was the name I used again? Something that started with a C, I think…”, various others
    Alignment: Lawful Peaceful
    Place of Origin: Norse/Germanic/Roman legend

Parameters:
    STR: E--
    END: A
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: A

Height: 5’6”
    Weight: 146 lbs
    Dislikes: Most weaponry (especially firearms), broken oaths, raincoats
    Talent: Solving Crime
    Natural Enemy: Sherlock Holmes, Gilgamesh, Enkidu
    Attribute: Heaven
    Traits: Divine, Divine Spirit, Humanoid, Male, Roman, Norse, Giant
    Armament: None
    Catalyst: Mars Thingsus is a servant that only manifests upon the condition of a criminal mystery, a "whodunnit" scenario being set afoot, with the stipulation that no other individual present has yet taken the role of “investigator” or “sleuth”, trying to solve the mystery. He only arrives when a statement along the lines of, "well we've got to call someone about this" is uttered aloud.

Personality
    Alter Ego is a disheveled, shabbily dressed, seemingly slow-witted police(?) detective whose fumbling, overly polite manner makes him an unlikely choice to solve any crimes, least of all murder. While coming off as outwardly bumbling and buffoonish, his attitude is distinctly one of a cheery, almost meek pleasantness, were it not for his slightly dry humor and mannerisms. because of this, he may even come off as a touch bothersome, even annoying, simply appearing out of nowhere, poking around in one's business, sniffing around like a dog looking for a treat. While utterly underwhelming in persona, his mental capacities are anything but- being an individual of INFERNAL investigative intellect on the interior. His passivity and meandering hides the constant collection and processing of information, which feeds his strong sense of justice, no matter how he hides it.

Lore
    Tyr is the Norse god of War and Justice, most often agreed to be born of the head of it's pantheon, Odin. He is most known for sacrificing his arm to Fenrir, the lupine son of Loki who is destined to swallow the sun, and Odin himself at the coming of Ragnarok, the Norse cyclical end of the world, in order for the gods to bind him.

Mars Thingsus is the name given to the god who governs the Germanic peoples outside Rome's borders. Believed to be an equivalent of their own Mars, he is designated "Thingsus" meaning, "Of the Thing", Thing being the title for their governing assemblies. Despite being a god of barbarians who would not accept, it was position as a deity of law and order that allowed him respect from the Romans, and equation to one of their highest gods.

The Lieutenant was a LA homicide detective of Italian descent starting in the late 1960's. Known for having an extraordinarily successful record of cases solved, unbeknownst to his peers, but suspected by some of his guilty, he was someone a bit more than human.

Alter Ego, as the Lieutenant, is both of the mentioned gods, and more. As some scholars have found, he predates the Norse pantheon as it is currently understood- the rune named after him, Tiwaz, being the same as the proto-germanic word for "a god, a deity" which suggests him being much older than some son of Odin (a designation which is debated, other acounts marking him as a son of the Jotunn Hymir). "Tiwaz" itself stems from the Proto-Indo-European "Deywos", the word responsible for the sanskrit "Deva" Old Lithuanian "Deivas", and Greek "Deus", each meaning heavenly, and or divine. Tiwaz is also the name for the Luwian godhead, and yet another link is found in the Finnic "teivas", which is found as a suffix in multiple of tier deities, such as Rukotiivo. Magi who use the rune Tiwaz (otherwise called the T Rune) also recognize it's supportive effects as something that would be equated to incredible Leadership, were they to be qualities of an individual.

This linkage in linguistics, properties of magecraft, and role in his most well-known pantheons, provides a thread to follow.
    He is not merely Tyr, Mars Thingsus, or some Lieutenant, but a shadowy, wandering deity of law and order who assimilates itself into different pantheons. His link to holding off the cyclical Norse apocalypse suggests that rebirth is integral to his existence- he will keep popping up in different places at different times to continue his existence.

His presence as the Lieutenant seems to suggest that existence is not limited to godhood.

Relationships
    Nordic and Roman Servants: He feels oddly familiar...

Sherlock Holmes: "Wow- see, that's a real detective right there. I hsd to put in the work, but him? That's a god-given talent right there, for solvin' mysteries..."

Mononobe-no-Moriya: "Ah jeez... an immortality noble phantasm? Well Mr Moriya, that's quite impressive- really, I can only imagine what it would be like to endlessly reincarnate like that..."

Demetrius of Thessaloniki: "A Divine lancer, huh? Y'know, I know a guy sorta like yourself- part man, part god, two people... say, you wouldn't also be Italian, would ya?"

El Goblino: "Wow, a sun-eater? That's mighty impressive! Real big stuff there, gives me the chills... Never met a fella who could do the same thing as Dog here."

Loki=Rod: "Hey, look who it is! Fenrir- ya can hop outta that form for now, your dad's here to say hi... anyhow, how've ya been? It's been a few cycles!"

Sukunabikona: "Huh- and here I was hoping I'd finally meet someone shorter than me! Haha, no matter though- as a god of agriculture though, do you have any experience with tobacco? You see, I love these cigars, so I was wonderin' about trying to make some of my own-"

Santa Claus: "Wow, the real, genuine article... You know, my wife's big fan of yours- so am I honestly! Though, if you don't mind me asking- is Dog on the naughty list? He keeps knocking over the trash can, but other than that, he's been a real good fella. Oh, uh, might be under the F section, if it's alphabetized."

Matrisvan: "Wow, so you're the legendary fire thief, huh? Normally, I'm real adverse to any sorta stealin', but I ultimately think ya did the right thing, helping humanity- besides, that punishment they dealt ya was a bit much, to put it lightly. I'm usually real good with sussin' out guilty parties, and you don't really seem to be one. Anyhow, can I treat you to a Cigar? Know you got a light, haha!"

Erzulie Freda: "So you're trying to figure out what you need most? Well, that sounds like quite the mystery... looks like ya found the right guy then, Miss Freda!"

Cuca, Witch of the New World: "Hey there Miss Cuca- do you mind if I step inside? You see, the funniest thing happened when I got summoned to Chaldea this time- oh, no worries, no murder or anything this time... just a washing machine going missing. Might you know anything about that? I figured I'd ask, because, after all, you're one of those fellas who's good with water and all, figured you could help me out.~"

Class Skills:
    Divine Core: A
    A skill denoting Alter Ago as a divine being, a true deity from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference, prevents the body from growth and prevents the figure from changing no matter how much calories are absorbed.
    While Mars Thingsus naturally possesses this skill at EX rank, it is his form as the Lieutenant that keeps him from embracing true divinity, and a higher rank

Magic Resistance: B+
    A skill that grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Invalidates magic with three verses or less.
    Receives mostly no damage even against greater magecraft or Greater Rituals. Depending on the situation, even greater magecraft would be completely invalidated.
    It is listed as a B+ rank skill due to the perception that the Lieutenant, a seemingly modern man who is not versed in any sort of magecraft, should logically not have any sort of ability to resist anything even resembling the stuff.
    "My wife says it's real important to keep up appearances- she even thought my old coat here looked too shabby, and bought me a replacement to wear! But y'know, I just couldn't get used to it- raincoats just don't do it for me like my good old trench coat does... you think it's the cigar smell?"

Independent Manifestation: B
    A special Skill that permits unsupported manifestation into reality, without necessity of energy cost or of summoning by a Master; effectively, the Skill serves as an enhanced version of Independent Action. This skill signifies a confirmed existence. Those with this skill have resistance to instant death and time-control attacks.
    While normally restricted to the Beast Class, Alter Ego possesses it due to his duty as a god of law and justice, now serving as a sort of Liaison for the Counter-Force for miniscule matters outside their jurisdiction.
    "Hey there, fancy meeting you here! I was just walking by..."

Territory Creation (Crimescene): D
    It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. For Alter Ego, it simple means marking the scene of the mystery, and knowing the location of those who exited it.
    "Do you mind if I step inside, look for clues? Standard Procedure, I promise ya."

Personal Skills:
    Primordial Rune (Tiwaz): -
    Taught by his father, Odin, Tyr possesses knowledge of the Primal Runes present in the Age of Gods. His mastery was such that the rune Tiwaz, known also as the T-rune or Tyr’s Rune, is named after him.
    It is knowledge of, and ability to freely control Norse runes, though due to the effects of Pax Romana, he will refrain from doing so, other than utilizing Tiwaz passively. Originally used on the battlefield to aid and strengthen warriors (its modern magecraft equivalent being most frequently used as a physical buff, and to bolster the effects of bounded fields), it now acts as a sort of paranoia agent towards the guilty, and as a sort of 6th sense for Alter-Ego.
    "There's something that bothers me... call it a Detective's hunch."

Pax Romana: A
    A skill named after the phrase describing the era of general peace and stability that the Roman Empire brought. Much in the same way that the Roman Mars became a figure of order and duty, as compared to his violent Greek counterpart Aries, Tyr fell much more into his aspect as a god of Justice once becoming Mars-Thingsus, casting aside his violence as a war god, with many gods of Rome fulfilling the position better.
    It is a skill denoting the user’s adherence to utter nonviolence. Weapons, nor offensive magecraft is used, not even a punch is thrown. When acting as a human officer, the Lieutenant did not even carry a firearm throughout his tenure. Because of this, it changes Alter Ego’s Strength Parameter to an E-- Rank, where it would normally be A.
    "I hate guns. Besides, I'm a bad shot. I'm liable to miss- could never be an Archer!"

Wandering God (Bumbling): A+
    A skill encompassing the effects of Territory Infringement, Presence Concealment, and Espionage, it marks Tyr’s status as a deity belonging to multiple pantheons, and his ability to seamlessly situate himself within different cultures. The designation of “Bumbling” on this skill comes from the form Alter-Ego manifests in, the Lieutenant. His presence is utterly harmless, to the point that he is often very quickly looked down upon, despite having no skills that conceal his divinity. The perfect fool, a fellow that simply exists and appears, but without cause for alarm. He just always seems to be there, no matter any sort of magical barrier in place- his presence takes upon it a state of “being natural”. The only thing that seems to override his presence as just some, “silly little guy” is when someone comes under the effects of Tiwaz. His unexpected presence and arrival then begins to feed into the panicking effect.
    "Hey, just one more question for ya-"

Noble Phantasms

Fenris-Suetus

Dog-Type Noble Phantasm (Phantasmal Beast)
    Range: “Never too far behind me”
    Max Targets:-
    A Funny little basset hound that follows around the Lieutenant wherever he goes, mostly content with chewing on his oddly-shaped chewtoy... is it actually a toy? It's hard to tell- frankly, it looks rather fleshy for a toy. While mostly silent aside from the occasional bark or growl, he is fully capable of speech, he just doesn't have much to say. Or do for that matter- he vanishes for any sort of conflict
    An aspect of the Norse God Fenrir, in his form as Tyr, Alter Ego's fate is eternally bound to the Chained Wolf.
    "Oh him? He's a good little guy, ain't he? You can ask him his name, and he'll answer if he feels like it, but I just call him Dog. He doesn't seem to mind."

Just One More Thing

Judgement-Type Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-100
    Max Targets: 1-12
    After investigating the crime he was summoned to inspect, and forcing the culprit to out themselves through compounding guilt, and the presentation of evidence, he invokes a Thing, or large-scale traditional Germanic governing assembly. Upon true name activation, spectral cuffs appear on the suspect's hand, transporting the perpetrator(s) to a Grand Court Structure filled with shades, where Alter Ego manifests his divine authority as a multi-pantheon justice deity, and utterly annihilates the physical and spiritual form of the guilty from the mortal realm. Souls are sent to the afterlife, and heroic spirits back to the throne. He himself will also vanish shortly after, though it is unknown where to.
    "With Myself and the world as witness- Let this be your end! ONE MORE THING."

Creator's Notes:
    Click here!- Think I managed to get through the sheet without calling Alter ego Columbo! So lemme know if I fucked that up anywhere though, lmao
    - This whole thing started because I got bored at work- columbo shitposts turned into me watching some of the show, which turned to me watching some of the show, eventually leading me to look at the tv tropes page, which has a theories part. It has a section dedicated to the idea that Columbo is something more than human, based upon the way the show is written to ask, "How's he gonna get them" rather than, "Who did it", as if he already knows from the start, and is torturing them. Because of this, it suggest he's one of the greek furies, which would be a really cool interpretation. Initially, I was gonna try my hand at making him a Watcher as a modern fiction servant, but then I started thinking about different avenues I could take it, and started looking into justice gods, where I got Tyr. Since Columbo had a Dog, I figured it would be fun to bring that in as part of the kit, which was a fun way to incorporate fenrir- The fact that he had an Italian name was kinda irking me, but when I found Tyr had a Roman version? Fuck yeah! And the transition to Thingsus (Which allowed me the fucking fantastic opportunity to make his NP a pun on Columbo's catchphrase) being a deity of law/order worked really well for the pacifist nature of the character. Plus, there's little things like Columbo having an unnamed wife, and Tyr having an unnamed wife or concubine, that I sorta latched on to.
    - I'll get to adding the other servants in the contest to relationships tomorrow, I'm fucking with all the ones so far.
    Last edited by Vididii; December 12th, 2022 at 12:59 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Word of advice. Read everything on this in Gianni matragrano’s Columbo voice.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What an absurd concept. I fell in love with it the moment I saw the Fenrir basset.
    Not to take credit away from your writing, you did well justifying the connections while working around Columbo's character.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Eyyy, thanks mate, I’m glad the lil scribble had a good effect

Alright, where is the cat with a silly hat?

Haha, I love this sheet and the lore behind it. Never knew Romans actually incorporated this germanic god into their pantheon, and as a god of law rather than war.

Doggo is of course the best part.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We're not gonna talk about the cat.

Anyway, reactions! Thingsus's sheet has also been updated with relationships for everyone, if you all care for those.

Mononobe-no-Moriya: Man, you gotta understand, I see Mara mentioned, and as an SMT fan, I blanche a bit, but thankfully, Mononobe doesn't have that unseemly form. Still, adore the NP, and I love the sorta air of inevitability they have in their descriptions.

Demetrius of Thessaloniki: Honestly, really like the association you made off of the similar names, this is a really cool combo- Good FC combo too, though I do wish there was a bit more info on her ascended form. Still, I like how her voice comes through in the flavor text.

The Skrunkly: YEAAAAAAHHHH!!!! I LOVE this little shit, the sheet's absolutely a delight to read. Great job with the skills and everything too, and with who they are? Absolutely takes the prompt-cake, so great job!

Loki=Rod: First off, this is cool as shit- love what you've done here with how you thought out the connection, and how it molds together to create an individual that feels entirely whole. I like it even more since Loki's so often the villain in media, contrasted here, and honestly? I'm partial to dad servants. Really like this guy, good shit.

Sukunabikona: Oh, I really love this big (little? He's big here so I'm gonna go with that- like that about him too, what a DILF) guy! I really enjoy how in juxtaposition to the other sheets, his brand of prompt-fulfillment is much more subdued and sorta natural feeling- not a dig to him, the others, or my own, it's just different- which I really jive with! Great set of skills and NP too, he's definitely high in my rankings.

Santa Claus: Helllllll yeah, tis' the season! I really like him here, and the usage of the bits of data to create a syncretic individual is really smart. I was a bit confused on why there was no class skills, but that's a Stranger class thing, right? Regardless, good shit here, tremendous work.

Matrisvan: Shiiiit, this is your first post? I almost wanna accuse you of smurfing, because this is rock solid. Love the choice to marry the legends of Prometheus and Matrisvan here, yet another I wouldn't have thought of- made even better with the eagle theming. Great formatting job too, super easy to read!

Erzulie Freda: As always, clear and concise quality on your end! However, I think it kinda hurts it here? Don't get me wrong, what's there in the skills and np makes sense, but it isn't what I'd like to know more about. For instance- I got no idea what a Loa is! I'm guessing its some sorta god or saint or something, but when I look at servant sheets, I prefer that the story and information be collected there and presented to me- I don't wanna have to go research it on my own, just to form a picture in my mind. I think this factor really hurts Freda as an Alter-Ego, and for this prompt specifically, due to them both depending on lore. Sorry mate, this one's a rare miss for me, unless I'm missing a hidden part of the sheet.

Cuca: Yo, a motherfucking gator witch dragon lady??? Oh hell yeah brother, that's sick as shit! Love the ability niche of creating different battlefields (and the carefully-picked dragon maid gifs that go with the related NP's), along with a solid skill selection, and a fantastically bubbly personality. I would absolutely summon Big Sis Cuca, 100%.
    Last edited by Vididii; December 12th, 2022 at 03:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have the strangest feeling this might be contentious. Then again, I’ve shown I can be very wrong.

Well, this will be interesting! Life, part two!
    Hm. Why do I have déjà vu?

Source
    Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: Saber, Archer, Rider, Caster
    True Name: Lleu Llaw Gyffes
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Wales/Ireland
    Height: 187 cm.
    Weight: 75 kilo.
    Dislikes: Traitors. Stagnation.
    Natural Enemy: Blodeuwedd, Kermit (Cermait)

Parameters:
    STR: A
    END: A
    AGI: B
    MGI: B
    LCK: A
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (A):
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding (A):
    Having Aenbharrn in his previous life and her offspring Melyngan Mangre in his next, Lancer was a capable rider of magical beasts, earning him both his high rank in this Skill and his qualification for Rider.

Divinity (A+):
    Having once been a major god in a previous life alongside being born from a demigod has gifted Lancer with nearly the highest level of Divinity.

Personal Skills:
    Samildánach (EX):
    Meaning “Equally Skilled in All Arts”. Lancer gained this title resulting from his many talents. A natural savant, Lancer could master anything he put his hands to. While he cannot take on blessings or burdens of the body, Lancer can acquire any Skill relating to physical and mental ability.

Lámfada (A):
    His most famous title of “Long Arm”, it is debated as to whether this referred to his ruling capabilities or superb spear handling. Due to this, the Skill acts as both B rank Charisma while increasing the speed and strength of his attacks the more he strikes his enemies.

Rune Magecraft (A+):
    Aside from the basis of his previous life, Lancer was taught to use various magics, including the 18 original Runes by his uncle Gwydion. Along with the effects of the Runes, he can also use his magics to shapeshift himself and others, transform plantlife and give it sentience, cast powerful illusions, and summon familiars.

Dusk Born (A):
    Lancer was born during the transition from night to day, the moment when the day is erased to become night. Though he claimed it was the only time he could be killed, in actuality, it was merely the time he is most vulnerable. Though it is infinitely harder, Lancer is completely capable of being slain outside of this time.

Lancer’s Divinity and supernatural abilities has become tied to that time. At any other time, Lancer maintains his full might, but he loses all supernatural abilities during the hour of dusk, lowering his parameters, locking his Divinity, and removing Lámfada’s buff to spearmanship.

Noble Phantasm
    Gae Assail: The Finest Yew of the Wood (A)
    Anti-Unit

The spear of his previous life and one he rediscovered on his adventures, Gae Assail is Lancer’s primary Noble Phantasm and one that exists in both his Archer and Rider incarnations as well.

A magic spear said to be enchanted to always hit and return to the thrower when certain words are spoke, Gae Assail is actually a sentient weapon and close companion of Lancer. The use of phrases to explain its actions are to deceive their enemies and leave them open to surprise attacks.

Able to magically propel itself, Assail and Lancer have fought together long enough that they can battle seamlessly without communicating with the other. It also has a protective streak, often wary of anyone getting close to Lancer after witnessing the numerous times it went wrong. It also particularly dislikes Lancer’s second Noble Phantasm for these reasons.

Areadbhair: Lúin Celtchair (A)
    Anti-Fortress/City

A weapon whose natural state is destruction, the Lúin of Celtchar, known by the name Areadbhair (Slaughterer), is a venomous, hateful living spear that only desires to burn away everything around it. After the death of its previous owner, caused by the spear itself, Lancer claimed it and used it in his previous life to obliterate the Fomorians and allow him to confront Balor. Fearful of its power, he hid it away so that its lust for death could never be unleashed again.

A pyrrhic trump card, summoning this weapon causes immediate changes to the environment. The mana in the air evaporates as the temperature steadily rises to unbearable levels. The world slowly burns around Lancer from the sheer heat the weapon gives off. Even lancer is not exempt from its effects, his own life and body burning away with every second the weapon remains.

This destructive torch in the shape of a spear can unleash its power in several ways. It can fissure the earth, sending up columns of flame in scattered bursts, it can unleash concentrated waves of fire from its tip, and it can even do the more typical beam of energy. All the while, the world will continue to scorch until it is completely set ablaze.

Though he is no longer a god, Lancer’s incredible endurance is what allows him to wield the weapon as long as he does. Were others to hold it, it’s possible they could survive long enough to use it well, but most would likely be incinerated in short order. Were someone else to do so, Lancer would be unable to banish it until they have released it due to the spear’s own will. However, it can still otherwise be destroyed along with Lancer himself.

Lore

Lúgh was a very prominent god within the Ulster Cycle and Irish myth as a whole. Fathering the great Cú Chulainn, slaying the mad Balor, creating many sports, and being responsible for both cow milk and yearly harvests, Lúgh wasted no time making a name for himself with his intelligence, strength, and ability. However, even he was eventually outwitted and slain by those who sought vengeance against him, ending his reign as king of the Tuatha Dé Danann.

Lúgh is not only known for his great deeds, but also for his connections to surrounding myths. Having shared names and titles with Odin while sharing parallels to Loki (which actually feeds into theories that Loki is another aspect of Odin) and equating to Mercury through his believed pan-Celtic self Lugus, who himself was thought to be a triune god of Esus, Toutatis, and Taranis.

However, today we are speaking of the only version of him that had one thing the others don’t.

He was mortal.

Before Lúgh was slain, he tied his soul to the Dagda, his half-brother. When the Dagda bore Donn, also known as Dôn, Lúgh transferred into her, and through her into Arianrhod, her only daughter. It is likely he would’ve have continued this way until he could return to his full strength were it not for Math fab Mathonwy.

To test her virginity, he used a magic rod that forcibly expelled anything that was being conceived within her. Doing so, she birthed two things: A boy who would become known as Dylan ail Don and the formless glob that was Lúgh’s incomplete state of rebirth.

While Dylan immediately fled for the water, the glob’s new uncle placed it in a chest for a week only to, at the time when day changed to night, hear cries emanating from within. He who was once Lúgh, who would come to be known in his new life as Lleu Llaw Gyffes, was born.

The boy, who grew at an accelerated pace, would go unnamed for several years until he was introduced to his mother. His uncle asked her to name him. His mother, furious from her revealed lack of virginity, place a geis known as a tynged that only she could name him and refused to do so.

His uncle would then disguise them both and have the boy show his throwing skills. When his uncle asked what she thought of him, she described him as fair-haired bearing a skillful hand, unwittingly allowing his uncle to use that as his name.

Even angrier than before, she would place another tynged on him that he could wield nothing until she gave him a weapon. Once more, both Lleu and his uncle tricked her into giving him a spear. In one final act, she cast a tynged that he could marry no human woman. They would circumvent this final tynged by creating a woman from plants and giving her life.

Having outwitted his mother and gained everything she sought to deny him, Lleu than went questing, often following vague recollections and familiar feelings that often led him into both trouble and discovery. Though he could no longer remember his life as Lúgh, he found himself treading similar ground in an odd reenactment.

However, his time away did nothing to endear himself to his wife, who would find comfort in another. Corrupted by Gronw Pebr, his wife would manipulate Lleu into revealing how to kill him, as he had never been harmed before. He revealed that it was only at dusk, the time he was born, that he feels his power wane.

Armed with this knowledge, she and Gronw arranged an ambush, striking him near fatally with a spear. Thinking quickly, Lleu transformed into an eagle and flew off, barely managing to escape. His uncle, discovering something was amiss, managed to track him down, finding him close to death.

Nursing his nephew back to health, the duo would go to confront the murderous two. They challenged Gronw to a duel at dusk, with Gronw adding the condition that he may hide behind a boulder for Lleu’s first spear throw. Lleu accepted and preceded, despite his powers being at their weakest, throw his spear through the boulder and kill Gronw. Then his uncle punished Lleu’s former wife by permanently transforming her into an owl.

After this and a few more smaller adventures, Lleu would ascend once more to a throne as he did in his previous existence. He reigned for many years, bearing a son before falling in battle, more honorable a death than being assassinated by grieving brothers.

It was this way that Lúgh died for the second and last time. Or, perhaps, Lúgh found a way to once more cheat death its prize. Whatever the case, so ends this life of Lleu Llaw Gyffes, the only mortal amongst godly incarnations.

Personality

Lleu tends to be a very relaxed, confident man who takes nearly anything in stride. The kind of confidence and carefree nature that comes from completely certainty in one's own abilities and that nothing will truly challenge you. There may have been a time, including his own life, when this was not wholly the case, but it seems something has changed from being summoned. Like a weight has been lifted of his shoulders due to newly gained knowledge.

Whatever the reason, Lleu applies this attitude to every part of his life. He rarely gets worked up in a battle, wins and loses with grace, gives both menial and important matters the same amount of gusto, and is always excited to learn new things. You'd be pressed to find someone with less to prove and more to give from both a personal and laborial stance.

Yet, there are times when something old seems to rise to the surface. Something bittersweet and complicated. He can be often found in these strange fugues watching other Servants. They could be doing anything from fighting to eating, but an enigmatic expression will cross Lleu's face. It can pass as quickly as it appears, and he doesn't acknowledge it when others bring it up.

None of that detracts though from the man known as Lleu Llaw Gyffes, a powerful, competent, and reliable friend, ally, and king.

Relationships
    Cú Chulainn: You really think I’d remember having a kid like you. You are very familiar though.

Gwydion: Uncle! By the gods, it's good to see you again!

Fionn, Diarmuid: Well, I can honestly say I have the best spear of us.
    Assail vibrates contentedly.

Manannán mac Lir: You're... a lot different than you used to be. Feels a little awkward to call you 'Father' like this.

Mordred: With a title like that, who wouldn't trust you?

Claiomh Solais: Man, I didn't expect to see Nuada's sword going around without him. Well, it's not like he can get here under normal circumstances. Let's go make him proud!

Sir Morholt: Honestly, I'm a lot happier seeing the spear like that. At least this version isn't trying to kill you along with everything.

Sir Orfeo: I came for harp lessons and left with... Hm. Lucky man.

Craft Essence

Agency

I don’t always feel like my own person.

I feel like I’ve done so many things already, yet it all should be the first time.

Like I’m walking a treaded path, placing my feet in another’s footsteps.

My life, my spear, my horse. It all should be mine, but it feels like I’ve taken them from someone else.

A doppelganger. An imitation that doesn’t quite reach the original’s heights.

Yet, even as I walk down this repetition, I know there was something that felt like mine.

Something that was Lleu Llaw Gyffes’s.

And my only act of agency ended in tragedy.

Why did it end like this, Blodeuwedd?

Creator's Notes
    Interesting fact I found researching: Much Japanese media would have you believe Lugh's spear is named Brionac rather than Areadbhair. However, that name never appears in any Welsh or Celtic texts, and instead is first found in the writings of a Japanese game developer who in turn is said to have been inspired by a story written by Michael Moorcock of Elric of Melniboné fame who had a magical invisible spear named Bryionak wielded by Corum Jhaelen Irsei, who is clearly not Lugh. How this transition was made is uncertain, but I thought it was ironically relevant to this contest.
    This also continues my telling Fate lore to screw off for the sake of mythological accuracy, so that's always nice.

As a side note. WF. You know I love you, but... I'm not in love with your version of him. I don't know why I felt the need to say that, but I have. Also, I've only recently started to notice a lot of your Servants hate themselves, which was a weird detail to realize.
    [Beneath a New Light ~ Roy's Courage Orchestral Remaster]
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; February 27th, 2023 at 07:17 AM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lleu Llaw Gyffes: UMPROMPTED?? I WAS JUST MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS?? Lleu is a bunrei of Lugh, Lughaid is a bunrei of Manan, it's fine. They're fine.
    And I dunno how much this one is stretching the prompt, but I'm sure as hell enjoyed his character all the while. You gotta love whenever Morg decides to go joye de vivre on us because the characters truly embody that. Plus, it was a great read and I've learned about an interesting character. Good to see you here showing us how's done
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Tear into me. Make me feel it. I need preparation for whenever I finally release the Saver to end all Savers
    I just think it's weird that he's the lover of his former self's daughter, that she's the only connection to Manannán I can find unless you make him Lugh, his name is another name often just used for Lugh, and the geas thing just rubs me wrong. It also makes it weird with the evidence saying he's probably Lugh that they also meet Lugh's pet at one point, which means they know who Lugh is, but they don't recognize Lughaid as Lugh, and the concept becomes a big mess.

I'm still waiting on your entry. I know Del is. I'm praying for another Alcyon & Cyx
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; December 14th, 2022 at 04:55 AM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Always glad to teach you guys more about tales from my country.

It's been my mission since I decided to pick up steam on making my sheets.
    Urge. To do. That other sheet. For the contest. For the same reason. Just with my country. Rising. GAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Thingsus's sheet has also been updated with relationships for everyone, if you all care for those.
    I saw! Always like seeing those. I'll (hopefully) do the same with my own soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Loki=Rod: First off, this is cool as shit- love what you've done here with how you thought out the connection, and how it molds together to create an individual that feels entirely whole. I like it even more since Loki's so often the villain in media, contrasted here, and honestly? I'm partial to dad servants. Really like this guy, good shit.
    I'm glad you also like the excuse I made for my headcanon and that it felt the connection was believable for you. And also his own entity, since that's what I was going for. Like you mention, Loki is often a villain, and for good reason, so I made this "Loki" be "his own thing"/"more than the sum of his parts" just as much as it is "what I think is a part of Loki". also yeah im a sucker for good parent characters in general too so that's another factor

Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    I'm still waiting on your entry. I know Del is. I'm praying for another Alcyon & Cyx
    IF FRENZY MAKES ANOTHER SHEET FOR THEM I'M GONNA SCREAM AND SQUEE SO BAD. i love those two dumb birds so much.

Ahem. Anyways. Thoughts on Servants again!

"Osiris" by Baron Magnus: I would've said something...but unfortunately, you already put down the sheet before you did. I went "aw..." in disappointment since I liked it more than Hermes Trismigestus, but I get it. I think. I will admit there was one thing about it that I was wondering about, that being "Why did actual Osiris mess with Dionysus's revival and it ended up as Dionysus-Osiris?", and with the reception of your last sheet and this one, it seemed less and less a good idea to continue when you wanted to make so many changes. So I'll just say, good luck! I hope that whenever you do make the revamped versions, they'll be much better.

Lieutenant Mars Thingsus by Vididii: With a name like that, you'd think it's a joke sheet. Honestly I thought there were gonna be Asterisk references. But nope. While there are references (and to something I didn't realize was a show), it's a serious sheet. And an interesting one too, and fun, though not in a "laugh out loud" kind of way and more the kind that gives me chuckle. The main thing that stood out to me the most was that it's all connected to a Proto-Indo-European god (that is totally not his identity, naaaah... :V). I thought it was cool because, well, it's basically something we only know from reconstructing stuff, from comparing things, and how similar they are despite their differences, so connecting that, Tyr, and Mars Thingsus with that and connecting it to "totally not Columbo"? Love it. Yes I love that even more than good boi Fenrir--I mean Dog. He's great too (totally not biased as a creator of a Dad!Loki :V), but that was the main thing that stuck with me. Enough that I think I found my other 3 point candidate, if not at least top 3.

Lleu Llaw Gyffes by Morg von Destro: Welp. Now I know why Areadbhair is Dimitri's weapon in Three Houses. Also explains the use of a map theme from Binding Blade. :V Okay more seriously, I'm...not sure where the "lover of his former self's daughter" thing you mentioned is...? From what I understood, Lugh went "soul tied to half-brother, then that soul tie dragged Lugh's soul into his 'niece' when he died, and then did it again with his grand niece and it would've continued if he hadn't been split/dispelled". Felt more like "hitching a ride" until he was formed more than anything. Or I could be misunderstanding again. Either way, first read through, I liked reading the sheet and learning about this self-assured figure. The syncretism felt believable to me, even if you say the connection you made it contentious. But the biggest stand out was that goddamn Bond CE. Ugh. it shot right through me. i want to give him a hug. Though I feel like he'd say he doesn't need it.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    set out to write yamaraja sheet, ended up writing a novel. Also buddhist hell is horrifying.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    I'm...not sure where the "lover of his former self's daughter" thing you mentioned is...? From what I understood, Lugh went "soul tied to half-brother, then that soul tie dragged Lugh's soul into his 'niece' when he died, and then did it again with his grand niece and it would've continued if he hadn't been split/dispelled". Felt more like "hitching a ride" until he was formed more than anything. Or I could be misunderstanding again. Either way, first read through, I liked reading the sheet and learning about this self-assured figure. The syncretism felt believable to me, even if you say the connection you made it contentious.
    Oh, you misunderstand. That part was me talking about WF's Lughaid. She made him a reincarnate of Manannán, who was Lugh's foster father and the biological father of Lughaid's lover, which makes the concept she put into the sheet really weird.

Thanks. I knew his character was better now, but he really felt the betrayal and the repetition of doing Lugh things in life. I apparently have a habit of gut punching people with CEs.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; December 14th, 2022 at 10:00 PM.
    Fate/Without Justice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lleu Llaw Gyffes: I think the highest praise for this sheet is that I was initially confused on how this fulfilled the prompt, because the way you combined the figures slotted together so thoroughly- like, there was a little confusion due to the Isish and Welsh names being linguistically similar for me, but it was mostly due to your own efforts. This shit is mixing together smoother than a jar of Skippy- and on top of it, it's just a thoroughly well-made sheet. Sublime.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    ‘Shé:kon! Servant, Caster. On behalf of great O’nenste, I will protect you and all children everywhere!’

Source

CASTER OF THE CORN
    Class: Caster
    Other Qualifying Classes: Alter Ego
    True Name: The Corn Husk DollTrue Name: The Corn Husk Doll, ‘Corn Dolly’, ‘Corn Maiden’, Various Other Names Based on Locality
    ‘I’m fine with whatever for the most part, but, um, could you not call me ‘Corn Mother’? I’d rather you think of me as a big sister, not a mother!’

Alignment: Neutral Good
    Attribute: Earth
    Region: North AmericaNorth America, Europe
    Source: Iroquoian legend, Indigenous CraftsSource: Iroquoian legend, Indigenous and Pagan European Crafts

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: C
    Agility: C
    Magic: A
    Luck: B
    NP: C

Height/Weight: Variable, about 15-25 cm in ‘base’ form
    Likes: ‘I enjoy making children happy! I also appreciate the festivities of harvest-time, wherever in the world they are.’
    Dislikes: ‘Self-obsessed people rub me the wrong way. And those who hurt children are absolutely unforgivable.’
    Wish for the Grail: For every lonely child all across the world to have a friend when they need it.
    Traits: Servant, Female, Fairy Tale Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Natural Enemy: figures associated with the Indian residential school system

Lore:
    A long time ago, before the Age of Discovery, before Leif Erikson, before the Great Law of Peace… when the Age of Gods was still ongoing on Turtle Island, the advent of the cultivation of the Three Sisters was what allowed humans to first begin to grow beyond just struggling to survive. The peoples of the region celebrated the Three Sisters, giving them the epithet Tionhéhkwen, our sustainers, as a since of reverence. The spirit of Corn, thankful for the new title, decided she wanted to bestow a boon to further help her people, and asked the Great Spirit for a recommendation, to which he suggested that she create a doll using her husk. She did so, and through this, a Divided Spirit, in the form of a doll with an impossibly beautiful face, was born with the inborn purpose of entertaining children.

For a while, the doll traveled from village to village, playing games and telling stories to children, bringing joy to the Three Sisters’ people. The people grew to love the doll, and she found joy in that love. However, as the people around her complimented her, particularly on her beauty, she began to deviate from her purpose. She grew proud of her own beauty, and spent time gazing into the reflections of streams and ponds instead of entertaining the children.

When the Great Spirit caught wind of this, he called the Doll to his lodge, and admonished her, telling her not to neglect her assigned purpose. He told her a punishment awaited her if she continued as she was. The doll, ashamed of her actions, accepted the rebuke and returned to the villages and continued her task. However, as she was once again complimented for her beauty, she again returned to self-obsession.

The Great Spirit called on the Doll again, but she arrived late, having dawdled after seeing her reflection on her way there. Upon her arrival, the Great Spirit expressed his disappointment.

‘I have given you one warning, now a great punishment will come upon you.’

The Great Spirit refused to tell the Doll what the punishment was, however, and she left the lodge. When she came upon another pool, she stopped to look in it, and found, to her horror, that her beautiful face was gone.

As time passed and the Age of Gods came to an end, the Haudenosaunee still remembered this story. As an object lesson against the dangers of letting vanity distract from one’s purpose, the Corn Husk Dolls that they make in imitation of the original all share a distinct feature; they lack a face.

Although there seems to be a bit more to this particular summoned Servant than just that legend…

...The Corn Dolly, Corn Mother or Corn Maiden is a term used to refer to a wide variety of different folk customs from across various parts of Europe. A form of pre-Christian belief, the spirit of corn was thought to live amongst the crop, and with harvesttime, was left with nowhere to reside. A widespread traditional practice was to take the last sheaf of the crop and pleat it into a wide variety of shapes, varying depending on locality, as a form of tribute to the spirits of the harvest and as a form of good luck, with the charm formed acting as a home for the corn spirit over wintertime.

As harvest time modernized, particularly with the introduction of the combine harvester to agriculture in the 20th century, such customs faded from memory, largely as a matter of practicality. Obtaining the last few sheafs of the harvest was easy when a scythe or sickle was used, but modern technology ended up making the process too arduous to seem worth it to European farmers. The Corn Dolly, already having lost relevance over time, died away as a tradition, and mostly survives now as a form of folk craft, with the true meaning behind many of the associated shapes of straw and rituals lost to time.

When settlers from Europe first settled into North America, Maize spread across the world and began to be cultivated across numerous countries as a result of the Columbian exchange. The meaning behind the word corn, originally a descriptor attached to various forms of cereal crops, became more specifically associated with maize in North American countries as the plant spread in the cultural consciousness the world over.

Having been taught agriculture by the indigenous peoples that they encountered, European immigrants adopted similar techniques and philosophies behind the cultivation of the native crops of North America. Corn in particular carries a level of symbolic weight in this regard, with the techniques of maize cultivation being integral to the earliest settlers’ survival. With this cultivation of corn, early settlers adopted the custom of creating Corn Husk Dolls of their own.

These two instances of a ‘Corn Doll’, with a loose connection formed between them through the interactions of different cultures, both exist as part of this Servant. Degraded by the loss of faith, the various harvest spirits of Europe all sharing the name Corn Dolly have effectively no will of their own, with the Corn Husk Doll being undoubtedly the dominant part of the Servant in personality and power. The situation is a bit more complicated than the Corn Husk Doll using these spirits to empower herself, at least in her mind, as she more considers it a way to help these lost spirits reclaim a sense of purpose robbed of them, through them being able to work alongside her in fulfilling her role as a Servant and caretaker of children.

Personality:
    ‘Just because I made mistakes in my past, doesn’t mean my job is over!’

A figure who has matured past the end of her tale, having thrown herself back into her role as a caretaker and entertainer of children with fervour. The extent to her enthusiasm for her given task borders on the obsessive, to the point one wonders if perhaps she’s overcorrecting, or worrying about trying to repair her reputation.

Her imposed role as a ‘caretaker of children’ extends to any master that summons her; since she is from the Age of Gods, any living human is a child compared to her. She dislikes fighting, and is for the most part uninterested in the grail, but is still willing to fight on behalf of any ‘child’ who asks her to.

A born entertainer, who loves to dance, tell stories, play games, and above all, make people happy. Her enthusiasm shines through, and she is liable to win over those who might have a bad first impression of her due to her bizarre worldview.

She views it as her responsibility to correct the behaviour of misbehaving children before someone else ends up needing to take it into their own hands, a belief that extends into her philosophy on fighting. Battle as a Servant, to her, is a matter of meting out appropriate punishment, which generally reflects on how she tries to avoid inflicting meaningful physical damage as opposed to using various forms of magical effects to limit her enemies’ movements and options. This belief extends to her Master, another ‘child under her care’, and she will speak out if her Master acts in particularly immoral or needlessly cruel ways, as well as if she feels they are putting themself in unnecessary danger.

While she projects an air of cheeriness, she’s more complicated and introspective than initially appears, particularly since she has no facial expressions to read. She has a level of internalized inadequacy due to her previous missteps, and worries about failing to properly care for the children around her by repeating her mistakes. This is deepened by how children’s toys have changed significantly in the modern day, and she worries about an old simple doll like her seeming ‘boring’ compared to the flashy plastic and metallic toys of the modern day. She has a level of unhappiness about the current state of her home, particularly with the atrocities committed against the children who she was first created for by the Canadian and American governments through the implementation and upkeep of residential schools. Even still, she views the children of those who have settled onto North America her responsibility as much as the original inhabitants, and always works as hard as she can.

‘The Three Sisters sustain those of Turtle Island and beyond, even those who didn’t originally live there. So, it follows that my job extends to the children who don’t have roots there too!’

Relationships:
    Nursery Rhyme: ‘A fellow ‘hero of children’? I have my issues with the country you originate from, but I don’t hold that against you, when all you want is to keep children happy. Do you think we could trade stories sometimes?’

Jack the Ripper: ‘‘Kill the Indian in the child’… and this was what was happening to their own country’s children only a few years before. Perhaps these people just aren’t satisfied without someone at the bottom rung. Don’t worry, even with all you’ve done, I won’t abandon you… I’ll be the friend you need.’

Galatea: ‘Love towards objects… I agree with you that that is important, but I’m not sure how much I can consider that worthwhile when it comes down to physical appreciation. Someone so quick to attach themselves to you on basis of beauty… How true can that affection really be?’

Mononobe-no-Moriya: ‘Hmph. A schemer and troublemaker… I’ll keep an eye on him, Master. If self-recognition’s the key to his power, then I can probably take him.’

Demetrius of Thessaloniki: ‘Hm, so you’re a spirit associated with grain amidst the Europeans? Me and you both are tied to the food of the land, so I think we can get along fine.’

‘Sun Eater’: ‘…What? Do you realize that if you eat the sun, the crops will… Actually, never mind. I don’t think it’s worth the effort to try and understand what’s going on with you.’

Loki=Rod: ‘A protector of children? Well, I’ve been charged with their wellbeing, but until I was added to the Throne, I couldn’t really do anything to keep them safe from dangers… We should team up! I feel like if we work together, nothing could keep us from making kids happy!

Sukunabikona: ‘This guy’s supposed to be famous for being short? I’ve learned a long time ago not to focus on my appearance, but really, it feels like I’m the only one who can bother to be actually small like I’m supposed to be around here! Well, except for that seamstress…’

Santa Claus: ‘Oh, it’s him! The most well known ‘hero of children’ there is. Well, I can’t help but feel a little inadequate around him, and he’s at least part of the reason why crafts like me are considered old fashioned, you know… He’s plenty kind, I’m sure, but I think it’ll be a while before I can be open around him.’

Matarisvan: ‘Your inborn purpose was… to defy the 'natural order' of your pantheon? Well, you seem like the type to act in the people’s best interest, so I’m sure it doesn’t reflect on you badly, but that idea… it feels so strange to me…’

Erzulie Freda: ‘Beauty is nice, but I’ve found it can serve as a distraction from what’s really important… No offense intended, but I just can’t find myself buying into your whole deal.’

Cuca, Witch of the New World: ‘Oh, a fellow caretaker of children from the Americas! I expect we’ll get along well enough, especially since I’ve heard she was looking for some extra help...’

‘Lieutenant’ Mars Thingsus: ‘I’m not sure why you’re here now if justice is your whole deal, I haven’t made any moral missteps ever since I lost my face. At least, I’m pretty sure I haven’t. …I hope I haven’t…’

Lleu Llaw Gyffes: ‘Another tool, given a life of its own. I can’t imagine being made to be a weapon… I still feel horrible over what few people I’ve hurt unintentionally before, and if I had to capacity to injure people around me, it wouldn’t be safe to be around children.’

Agape & Chione: ‘Ah, so they used to be spirits representing the seasons? But, if that's the case, why are there are only two of them? ...There's usually three of them? Well, that's still one season short of what the people whose stories I originate from experience, but I guess they're from the parts of Europe where there isn't much difference between autumn and winter. Anyway, I'm going to keep them away from the other kids here, if that's alright... these two just come across as bad influences, saints or not.’

The Horned God (Lover): ‘I see, so even nowadays, it's possible for people to create new gods through their belief. Older, separated spirits, put back together again in a new form... perhaps, if enough attention is given to revitalizing them, the Corn Dollies could become something like this instead of needing my help.’

The Langslands Program: ‘So, you say in the future, humans will all leave not just Turtle Island, but the world itself behind. Well, I imagine they'll still need to grow food, even far away... perhaps, one day, the Three Sisters will become astronauts themselves, and in that case, I'll find myself coming along too.’

Sir Orfeo: ‘Love for other people can do the impossible? Hehe, that's a nice story you have. Um, as the foremost expert, would you say that applies to romantic love only, though? I'm only really good at feeling familial love, you see, but I'd like to try some of this ‘power of love’ stuff myself, is all.’

Eve & Lifthrasir: ‘That woman seems to have issues with her version of the Great Spirit, farming, and dealing with family and children. So, I should avoid her, since that sounds like an argument waiting to happen... Maybe me and that man with her have more common ground, though.’

Harun al-Rashid: ‘A Noble Phantasm all just so you can listen to other people's stories? ...Haven't you just tried asking? I think plenty of Servants are fine just talking about themselves... and then you have types like me, natural storytellers!’

The Horned God (Moon Cancer): ‘...Yeah, I think I like the other version of this one better. We don't need all that nonsense of editing human history to feel connected to nature, folks just need to remember their roots!’

Menrva: ‘She seems unhappy, even with her having an inborn purpose she believes in following. We don't have that in common, but I can relate to having a part of yourself you don't like.’

The Stronsay Beast: ‘Hm. My job and everything about it is all about humans, so I don't really have any experience or know how to approach dealing with monsters like this... although if it could change into a, um, baby ‘Globster’, that would be an interesting challenge for me, I think.’

Huwawa Nemean: ‘...I see. Here, take one of me. I can't promise it can do much to protect you, but you deserve at least one other friend who will try, small as it is.’

Anbei Qingming: ‘You can take one, if you want. All adults were kids once, even if you're immortal, and you seem young in spirit still.’

Class Skills:

Divinity D
    A Divided Spirit of O’nenste, the spirit of maize of the Iroquoian peoples. It naturally follows that the Corn Husk Doll possesses at least some divinity, with the level of widespread recognition and veneration the Three Sisters possess amongst many of the indigenous peoples of North America.

Familiar Construction A
    A variant of Item Construction belonging to Casters which specialize specifically in the creation of familiars as opposed to other forms of magical items. In this case, the line between ‘items’ and ‘familiars’ is a bit muddled, as what Caster creates is other animate Corn Husk Dolls, using ordinary Corn to substitute magical materials. Caster can also suppress her magical energy to hide her presence, appearing to be just another of these familiars.

Territory Creation (Maize) C
    A variant on the skill which creates a space to offer an advantageous position for a mage. In this case, rather than creating a closed space, this modifies pre-existing natural terrain to become extraordinarily effective at the growth and production of corn… and nothing else.
    ‘Hey, don’t try and make it sound all unimpressive! Corn has plenty of uses besides just being food, you know!’

Personal Skills:

Protection of the Three Sisters A
    A Skill demonstrating the divine protection of the Three Sisters, climbing beans (O’saheta), squash (Onon’onhsera) and corn (O’nenste). Gives plus modifiers to in-combat checks based on environmental factors; wild and cultivated vegetables and other edible plant life activate the effect in proportion to their number, with instances of corn, squash and beans together having the greatest possible effects.
    ‘This is a more specialized form of ‘Protection of the Harvest God’, if I recall correctly… Well, there’s nothing really comparable to the Three Sisters, so that’s why it’s a separate skill!’

Perfect Form D
    A Skill where by making use of the magic energy of the land, Caster restores herself to her former shape. As an existence made of ‘material from the land’ created in the Age of Gods, Caster has the ability to restore herself upon sustaining damage. Her lack of proper human physiology also means her stamina is not tied to her physical body’s condition. However, the low rank means that this regeneration is fairly slow, and likely will not be able to outpace damage sustained within an extended battle.
    ‘As long as the land to grow corn exists, there will always be the means to make a Corn Husk Doll! That’s part of the meaning behind O’nenste’s gift!’

Morph C--
    A Skill that refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance change. Caster can freely change into other permutations of the concept of a ‘Corn Husk Doll’, completely remodeling her appearance. The ‘--’ marker indicates how the skill is nearly entirely ineffective when used to try and form a face for herself, as the Great Spirit’s curse on her makes such a form of transformation essentially impossible.
    ‘There are some Corn Husk Dolls out there with normal faces, so I might be able to shift to create one if you use a Command Seal… Don’t do that though! It’s a waste, and besides, if I have a face again, I might… just don’t do it, please.’

???Harvest Token EX
    A unique personal skill belonging not to the Corn Husk Doll, but to the various ‘corn dollies’ which have been added to her Saint Graph. The embodiment of the end of a harvest, and a stand in for the ‘spirit of the harvest’ which was sheltered to provide luck in the following year. When used, this skill restores Caster’s item construction skill properly, enabling her to create both Corn Husk Doll familiars and European corn dollies from various localities. The possible effects of these corn dollies include temporary boosts to Luck in dangerous situations and limited forms of weather and terrain control.
    ‘Cultivation and civilization go hand in hand… it was the blessings of the Ahsen nikontate’ken:a and all the other harvest gods the world over that let humanity begin to truly progress and become the dominant species on the planet. But, as technology improved, the folk customs once used to show appreciation were swallowed up by the waves of progress, and more minor spirits of the harvest were left behind by the people they helped grow… I have no face of my own, but if I can act as the ‘face’ for these spirits who don’t have their identities anymore, I hope that they can still be remembered. You’ll remember them, won’t you, Master?’

Noble Phantasm(s):

Tionhéhkwen – O’nenste
    Greet and Thank the Harvest (Maize)

‘The power to give life to all the peoples of the land… through this, shall prosperity take shape! This is the greatest of the gifts of O’nenste of Tionhéhkwen!’

Type: Anti-Banquet
    Range: 30
    Max Targets: 6

A Noble Phantasm derived from the existence from which Caster is derived, Corn of the Three Sisters. A simplified version of a shared Noble Phantasm of the Three Sisters, in this case specifically specialized only to produce Corn’s effect.

A bounded field which creates a space overflowing with life energy. Within the bounded field, maize grows at a hyper-accelerated speed, being mature and ready for eating in less than a minute. This maize has a general restorative effect to those who eat it, as well as Caster whose skills empower her from proximity to maize. Damage healing is quickened immensely, magical energy is restored, and illness and hunger are staved off.

The other side of feeling satisfied by this corn takes effect on Caster’s enemies. A feeling of sluggishness from the good food, similar to the sleepiness which is known to closely follow a thanksgiving supper. The amount of life energy within this space is a bit overwhelming to be in the presence of, even for Servants.

Because this Noble Phantasm restores magical energy to Caster while inside it, it can fuel itself for an extended period of time outmatching most other Noble Phantasms without placing much strain on the Master. While this Noble Phantasm has limited combat applications, it is almost unmatched as a Noble Phantasm specialized to create healthy, delicious food.

‘It’s unfortunate I can only grow maize with my powers as a Servant… corn is excellent, Master, but you should try eating it alongside squash and beans! Trust me, there’s a reason why the Haudenosaunee have been planting them together for as long as they can remember… You’d be hard-pressed to find a tastier, healthier meal to help you get strong!’

Iah Okónsha
    Raweno’s Punishment

‘A great punishment will befall you… Through me, the Great Spirit’s gaze is upon us! Achieve absolution through the loss of what you covet… Iah Okónsha!’

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~30
    Max Targets: 1 person

A Noble Phantasm through which the curse which came upon Caster at the end of her story reoccurs. Using herself as a medium, she draws the focus of the Great Spirit of Iroquoian belief onto the battlefield, and has him exercise his judgement on Caster’s target. A ‘judgement’ type of effect whereby traditional forms of magic resistance or luck become less relevant, and the guilt of the target is instead brought to the forefront as the most important factor.

The target has traits such as their ‘narcissism’, ‘irresponsibility’ and ‘indolence’ brought to the forefront and assessed. If the target is judged as too enwrapped in such traits, the curse takes effect, banishing the target’s face.

Said banishment is more symbolic than physical, not effecting the target’s ability to speak or perceive, but rather their self-recognition. The Skills, abilities or Noble Phantasms which the target values the most are sealed.

As an approximation of the original curse, this effect is only temporary, with the duration being determined by a combination of the target’s level of meted punishment and Magic Resistance. A situational Noble Phantasm good for buying a few moments of advantage in a fight, while the opponent’s trump card is rendered unavailable.

Bond Craft Essence
    Nameless Spirits of the Corn

Few things in this world are born knowing their purpose. Some struggle to uncover theirs through prophecy and magic. Some decide to let themselves believe they have a purpose but aren’t allowed to know what it is. Some doubt such a thing as ‘purpose’ exists at all, and choose to live as they like in spite of that.

I knew my purpose. From the moment I could first stand up on my own, I knew why I was there, and awaited me. And that purpose was one I enjoyed.

But despite that, I neglected and didn’t appreciate that fact. That I knew I had a reason to exist. And the punishment I earned for that still lingers.

These spirits, left behind in the homelands of those who came to Turtle Island. I don’t know if they had their purpose from birth, or if they knew what that purpose was. But even still, I can tell what it was; to sustain their people and help them to live and grow. The same purpose as the Three Sisters, and one so much grander than my simple little role.

If I had a second chance, as immature as I was, then these spirits deserve a second chance too. Different as our homelands are, the Creator’s role as the everything maker binds us together.

My role is a simple one, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t one that many people can perform together. These spirits from a faraway land who have lost their names, voice and purposes, all of these things, I’ll let them share with me... and in doing so, I hope I can give them some satisfaction.

Creator's Notes
    corn
    Last edited by FarewellToMrA; December 22nd, 2022 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Cleaning up some of the grammar, adding to relationship section for all other entries

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I sure hope I won't be hit by that fearsome UR BANNED FOR THIS CONTENT Beam or anything...

“Now, imagine three sisters, orphaned at an early age.

Under the guide of a gentle priest, they led lives dedicated to their one and only God in a place determined to wipe this deity from the face of the Earth.

Like the spring, they were fresh and new. Vigorous in their beauty, steadfast in their faith. Three hearts full of praise, ripe for taking.

And because of that, one day, this priest had a most auspicious dream said to be given to him by the Great Martyr herself, a vision he is told to relay to the sisters.

「Rejoice」 He says in his gentle glee. 「For you, holy virgins, will suffer martyrdom.」

Now, imagine three innocent, young women told they would, without a doubt, suffer greatly and die an undeserving death merely for their different beliefs. They would suffer because that was the proof of faith their God was asking of them.

—What do you think you’d do in their place?

Do you have in your heart what is necessary to forgive your deity for delivering such cruel destiny upon you, without your consent? After all your sacrifices to sing His name?

Would you have the strength to withstand the lonely agony of knowledge—knowing that every ticking minute would be one less step between you and endless agony?

What do you think they felt, as these dreadful news washed over them?

Did they doubt their God? Did they feel fear? Were they hesitant?

I will tel
    l you—

Instead, they smiled.

They laughed, with a feathery-light heart.”

“What? We only told you they were three sisters.”

“That’s right. We never told you they were right in the head.”

“Imagine this. Three youthful sisters turning down offers of marriage that could save their lives.

They were waiting for the vision of their priest coming to pass.

For them, the promise of suffering was but an instant before an entire eternity of bliss.

For them, to be asked by God for a proof of faith wasn’t a slight—instead, it was the validation that the feelings in their heart managed to reach the one Who matters the most.

That’s why, when the gentle priest who took care of them suddenly passed away, they weren’t sad or frightened.

Because they knew they would meet him again, somewhere else.

Very soon, too—

After all, when news of orphaned heretics spreading the word of a false God, one Who called his own gods pagan idols, came to the ears of an evil Emperor, he summoned the three sisters who were still as fresh as spring, as pure as snow.

When he took a look at the three of them, his breath was taken away for the quickest of seconds. That, too, could have saved their lives, if so they wished.

—But they had already welcomed that promised pain.

And because of that, his words and promises about illustrious bridegrooms and comfy lives fell on deaf ears. His demands of them to renounce their faith were useless. They wanted nothing of earthly rewards—their hearts were set somewhere else, far away.

「Our only bridegroom is Christ, for Whom we are ready to suffer」 They replied in unison, in a feat of courageous simplicity.

The sisters were, then, sent to an evil Judge for their trial.

And he decided to start with the youngest of them.

What unspeakable tortures he visited upon her earthly shell? One can only imagine. But he tried his best, and so did her—the youngest’s faith was unshakable, and she remained unyielding during the entire process.

Seeing he’d not get anything out of her, she was sent to prison, and this fact was used to appeal to the other two sister’s emotions.

—However, they smiled.

—They laughed, their soul feathery-light.

Here was their sister, offering her purest devotion to their God. Their hearts swollen with pride.

They were ordered to burn, in hopes that this fact would break the spirit of the youngest, and for that, the older two merely smiled, thanking the evil Judge for their crown of martyrdom. They merely smiled, as they were tied to a pyre. Were they screaming in laughter as the fire took them away, to the arms of their Christ? Who could tell.

We could have told them that, but I do think they came to the same conclusion in the end...

「These women are crazy.」

“Passion-bearing maidens united in Flesh, united in Spirit—

Wrestling with Evil and enduring martyrdom—

Offering to their God a gift of love and blood—

A beautiful tale, I’d say. Almost too perfect, in fact.

Weren’t those innocent girls raised in seclusion—those young maidens unaware of the world outside of their temple—scared of what they saw? Weren’t they even the slightest frightened by their sudden judgement, the tortures visited upon them?

—Is a holy crown upon your head truly worth all of this, one can’t help but wonder.

Maybe you’ll tell us it is. Or maybe, you’ll tell us it isn’t.

But, what about us?

—Well, we kinda have a theory, right?”

“We sure do! What if their feathery-light laughter, so strange to the ears of others, is the certainty of a creature who already crossed the gates once?”

“Just speculation, but... What if, once upon a time, they were holy maidens desecrated by the hands of others as well? Would anyone believe in them if they simply told those people this isn’t their first rodeo?”

“I think they wouldn’t. I think anyone with their head in the right place wouldn’t.”

“—Right? Well, this is all but mere conjecture. I think those maidens died unaware of this.”

“I think so too. —Ehh, 「to think」 is not the right word here. We went through all of that, of course we know we died in ignorance.”

“That’s true. But maybe, it IS weird to be so nonchalant about your own death?”

“Really? Even though we never denied the fact we were those maidens?”

“Is this it, Agape? Not understanding the feelings of these youngsters... Are we finally 「boomers?」”

“Well, damn! Maybe we are! Seriously, though... Let's admit it, Chione, I could be a mighty sexy cougar if I had to, couldn’t I?”

“——You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“What? I’m just saying we’ll be very gentle and very thorough~~ ♥”

AlterEgo
    — KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR —

Class: AlterEgo
    Other Classes: Gatekeeper
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Height: 168 cm / 5'6'' [Agape] || 166 cm / 5'5'' [Chione]
    Weight: 57 kg / 125 lbs [Agape] || 60 kg / 132 lbs [Chione]

Natural Enemy: “Me? I loathe those who don’t like to play.”
    “You mean,
    foreplay?”
    “At least it’s a totally valid archnemesis, unlike you! What do you mean, 「I dislike the Holy Grail?」 What even is this?”
    “Excuse me, I have my reasons! It didn’t accept my suggestion for the Perfect Body skill. Fuck that thing.”
    “You’re a damn Servant, Chione, you can’t get fat?!?!”

Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Servant, Divine, Earth or Sky, Weak to Enuma Elish

STRENGTH: ?
    MANA: ?
    ENDURANCE: ?
    LUCK: C
    AGILITY: ?
    NOBLE PHANTASM: C

No expression of humanity can exist in a cultural vacuum. A soul must be expressed in languages, customs, art, and social relationships.

The Christian faith was, just as well, adapted from different cultures. From this singular thread of miracles comes 「contextualization」—the expression of a gospel through the stories and symbols familiar to the people in a certain culture. In this way, the heart of the gospel remains the same even if the outside is dressed up in the clothing of thousands of cultures.

—Perhaps, if following this logic, what if the opposite could also be true?

Could something dressed up in the mantle of a 「saint」 still be something else entirely?

Agape, Chione, and Irene were three sisters who, according to Christian tradition, were martyred for their faith after their deaths during the persecution of Dulcitius.

The story of their martyrdom speaks of them being brought before the governor of Macedonia, on charges of spreading the word of Jesus Christ and denying the local gods as false idols. The three were imprisoned and questioned, but later separated from each other in hopes that this would weaken their resolve—however, this did not happen. After their continuous refusal to change their ways, Agape and Chione were burned alive.

The story continues with the surviving sister, the youngest Irene, who was threatened to suffer the same fate of her sisters should she not renounce Christianism, but she stubbornly perseveres. The emperor, knowing the value of a 「
    virginity
    pure and untouched body
    」 for her people, then condemns her to be defiled in a brothel. As she is being escorted by two soldiers to the fateful place, a luminous creature said to be of divine origin frightens the soldiers away. She, then, thankfully surrenders her soul to the Lord and is taken by the light.

The story of the three holy sisters did not happen in a void. Rather, it was a rebrand born from a single icon.

An icon of three goddesses dancing around a most beautiful woman, now forgotten in old, decrepit pagan temples.

「She Who Stands in Heaven.」

The title of an once great goddess of love, now personified as a pseudo-saint.

Her attendants, three holy nymphs of the seasons, were the 「
    love priestesses
    sacred prostitutes
    」 called Horae.

Gatekeeper (Self): B

Rather than a trial meant for a Master, this exceptional Skill denounces trials made for the Servant itself.

Once upon a time, there were three sisters. The protectors of the gates—the handmaidens of seasons—the virginal saints. Their own incompletion, perhaps sensed by the Holy Grail, somehow summons a Skill which limits their abilities and usefulness until they can rectify such mistake.

—However, can that feathery-light soul still find its way?

If their hedonistic view of the world and their own situation is any clue, they’re still going through their own trials right as we speak.

Magic Resistance: D

For a pair of saints, their resistance to magic and other sacraments is quite laughable. Then again, one might be wise to not expect much from a one-trick pony who’s even got themselves summoned in an incomplete state, to start with.

“I feel like we should be offended somehow, but...”

“I mean, maybe? Irene did jackshit and she’s still better than us both.”

Divinity: D

Though known to be
    Nature deity
    Nymphs
    in a different incarnation, Agape and Chione were recognized as mere humans before their canonization as saints, hence the low Rank in this Skill.

Incidentally, the olden word for a nymph is 「nymphē」 and could also denounce simply a young woman or even a bride. So, in a sense, before their canonized incarnation, they might never have had any divine aptitude to speak of. Or... That’s what one could deduce. They have a different opinion on the matter.

“If we weren’t the least bit divine, we wouldn’t have scored both of our jobs.”

“Hell yeah! Put some respect on our (former and current) names.”

Territory Defense:

The power to protect allies in one’s own territory. An ability that’s currently sealed, its own future depends on the result of their ongoing self-trials.

Independent Action:

The symbol of total independence of a Servant from their Master, even to reject their magical energy supply if necessary. At higher Ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in the material world without an established contract. However, this ability is also sealed until the fateful result of their self-trials...

The virgin martyrs that were slain by Diocletian’s persecution were labels in statues of Greek goddesses, re-imagined as virginal saints. However, without the existence of ever-forgotten pagan idols, their own self couldn’t exist as well.

A life that was too distant to be called 「past.」 Too abstract to be called 「existence.」 Perhaps, the best way it could be described is as an 「incarnation.」 Something so distant that it could barely register as a part of your own—and yet, it was intrinsically linked to your own name.

Nevertheless, this obscure root of their own existence had found a fertile land in which it could spread its seed——

The figure of the three Horae, now personified in three virginal sisters, were still adopted in early Christian sects as symbols of a
    agape ceremony
    spiritual marriage
    , certainly a nod to one of their original function as handmaidens of Aphrodite. And, even if for the Christians virginity was a prized concept in a female body, the original roots of the word were very different in olden times. For love priestesses, to be a virgin was said to be merely a way to distinguish those who participated in ceremonies and those who didn’t—a root that was preserved, although in a distorted way, in the concept of 「virgin blood」 i.e. the prized ichor of youths never presented to a love feast.

Until the 7th century A.D., the concept of a sacred
    agape ceremony
    spiritual marriage
    between priests and believers that went to become the Western’s version of tantric sex was still practiced in many sects of the Catholic faith. And in this modality of worship, the ever-enduring presence of three youthful figures dancing around the Great Martyr persisted.

——Therefore, as one can see, although their tale was about the preservation of their purity, their role was much more... Lewd in nature.

Height / Weight: 168 cm・57 kg (Agape) | 166 cm・60 kg (Chione)
    Source: Christian mythology, Apuleius
    Region: Greece
    Alignment: Chaotic・Neutral

“Perhaps for you, that doesn’t sound very important, but...”

“For us, it’s the difference between the world and the entire universe.”

“We did say we would teach our dear Master about such matters though, didn’t we? ♥”

This whole mess doesn’t begin to explain why Agape and Chione went to be summoned without their dearest Irene, as the tale dictates, but maybe it does begin to explain why they would find an exhilarating—anarchic even—sense of freedom in a symbol that had 「nothing to prove,」 and was allowed to merely 「exist.」

Reunited with the symbols of their existence long lost to time, and wielding a new sense of perspective that could only be born from this singular experience, they rightfully abhor the label of 「saints.」

You can just call them 「lovers」 instead. That’s more like it.

——Now, as one can observe, it doesn’t mean this decision didn’t come with its own set of drawbacks.

Garland of Flowers:

It could be said that this is a variant of the Hero Creation personal Skill. Rather than to describe the artifices and techniques used to 「create a king,」 this is but the power to, instead, 「crown a god.」

—Unfortunately, it is currently sealed until the results of their self-trials.

Whiter than Snow: A

The fulfillment of a life unburdened is only tempered by the incompleteness of spirits searching for their missing link.

Even as a Servant, the two doting sisters can’t help but lament the decision that took their precious sister away from them. If it isn’t obvious by now, the AlterEgo container isn’t their most flattering version, you see... It weakens them. By a great margin, they might add.

“However, even in the darkest of nights there is the light of a star.”

“—Which is fancy lingo for 「we fought tooth and nail for this Skill with the Grail.」”

Although being Servants placed on the weaker side of the scale, they were granted the blessing of, for a temporary moment, taking matters in their own hands and manipulate their own Status. Although the Luck and Noble Phantasm ranks are immutable, the rest is empty and prone to be filled on the spot, depending on their different needs.

——Do not go expecting great ranks or anything, though.

“Consider this like just getting some pretty shitty rolls on a DnD character sheet.”

“And then you have a super-specialized glass-canon who’s useless in everything else.”

“Oh? Do you want to know what we’re specialized at? Great timing~”
    >:3

The Ripe Citrus: B+++

The Horae, goddesses of seasons—and, by extension, of fertility—were the symbol of a remnant cult based on the love feast, the carnal and spiritual union between man and woman. The primordial incarnation of three faithful sisters who went to become, too, the symbol of a
    agape ceremony
    spiritual marriage
    consummated in flesh.

What is 「sexuality」 if not the way of experiencing and expressing erotic, physical, emotional, social, or even spiritual feelings? And so, just like the citrus is the fruit of eternal life—the expression of 「sexuality」 is, too, the ultimate expression of life in the eyes of these two.

“Then again, I’m not one to criticize your tastes, Master, but the mastery of sexual manipulation is badly represented within Chaldea.”

“—I mean, a wicked god of love inhabiting the body of a youngster and a nun full of distorted notions of healthy boundaries? Come on!”

Grievances with this power being misused aside, this Skill represents their encyclopedic knowledge of all carnal techniques, those which would be used, if they were properly introduced in their Gatekeeper Class container, to help guide the Master towards their ultimate destiny. A shame they’re lacking their last sister, no?

—Then again, even with this Skill being heavily nerfed, the absolute satisfaction of body and soul could still be attained with no more than a feathery touch. Copulation is absolutely not mandatory, but then again, they are purists... They know what you are, TypeMoon! Besides, don't you agree that both 「euphoria」 and 「pain」 are but two sides of the same coin—two expressions of the act of living? That’s all what is to be understood about their Skill. It is only right that they could manipulate the boundaries of both sensations as per their designation. Do not think too deeply about it, just enjoy the ride.

“But, did you know? A healthy expression of love is no different than burning in a pyre~ ♥”

“Fire is fire, even when it comes from within~ ♥”

——And they think they’re being very clever with this association. Stop winking, you two.

“The intricacies of the modern dating scene. I mean, Tinder? How did we even exist before this invention, am I right!”
    “What she means is that anything goes and she has no standards.”
    “Oh, fuck off you!”
    “—As for me, I have some self-respect and like to take my endorphins somewhere else... For example, sweets. They’re definitely the Lord’s most delectable creation.”
    “What she means is that she’s gonna suck you dry in other ways.”

DISLIKES
    “Agape, obviously.”
    “Wha—Then, I dislike Chione!”
    “Just kidding... I’m not a fan of the hot weather. Or being hot. Or fire in general. You know the gist.”
    “——I’m not kidding, though.”
    “—H-hey!”

WISH FOR THE HOLY GRAIL
    “Say, Chione. Are we really ready to welcome Irene?”
    “I... Don’t know.”
    “—What do you say about us postponing this question for another day?”
    “...I say you’re a genius.”

A bickering pair of sisters undergoing a seemingly endless, mysterious trial of their own...

Do you think this could explain why they keep behaving like Gatekeepers when they’re clearly not inserted in this Class? Maybe, old habits simply die hard.

Anyway, betraying their saintly origins, they are seen practicing the philosophy of being free to do as they please in this new chance at life, where they aren’t bound by their duty to God. As a result of this newfound sense of anarchy, their feelings towards such topics are as messy as they come.

But there’s one thing in which they absolutely agree, if nothing else: their admiration towards that which they became. The wide-eyed amazement towards what they once were.

A life dedicated to not only love the Lord above, but also their fellow brothers and sisters? An existence that denotes the ultimate expression of the joy of life? How come they’d even feel disappointed at that!

—Then again, those are the limits of their pious feelings.

Other than that, they are seen being inappropriate and raunchy at the worst times, surely disappointing their fellow saints. Not that they care, but...

By the way, Chione is the smartest one of the duo (unsurprisingly), but Agape has way more common sense (also unsurprisingly.)

However, we still can only dream of what their dynamic would be should they be reunited with the last component of their little family... They’re extremely secretive about this part of their life, for some reason.

Mononobe-no-Moriya
    (Random)

“—Like... He’s hot.”
    “Oh my God, you truly have NO standards.”
    “Stop pretending you’re above this! I KNOW you thought the same!”
    “No, you don’t know!”
    “See!? This is clearly a YES!”

Demetrius of Thessaloniki
    (Vance)

“Wait, so this was a man that... Became a woman...? How does this work?”
    “Oh my God, Agape, you can’t just ask trans people how they work!”

Apep = Apophis = Hou Yi = Chang'e = Orion = Artemis = Diana
    (Serra)

“What the fuck.”
    “What the fuck indeed.”

Loki=Rod
    (DracoScribe)

“Don’t say it. I know exactly what you’re gonna say.”
    “It’s the red hair for me.”
    :9
    “—You know he’s married, right? You know his wife is in Chaldea too, right?”
    “——I mean, she’s free to join us? I’m not a selfish woman.”
    “...I’m not saving you when she wrecks you.”

Sukunabikona
    (Nuclear)

“...”
    “Oh—omigod, Master! Look! I wasn’t the one being inappropriate this time! Are you seeing this!? Are you seeing her exposing her filthy kinks like that!?”
    “W-what!? Shut up, both of you! I wasn’t thinking that man looks like a plump, sweet berry, I was only looking at the scenery!”
    “Sure thing, Jan.”

Santa Claus
    (Gl4re)

“So, what sort of unspeakable thoughts are you having about this poor old man, this time?”
    “...None?”
    “No way in Hell!”
    “No, no! I’m being serious this time! —I-I guess he’s so intrinsically linked with children that I feel dirty lewding him?”
    “Wow... That’s a first...”

Matarisvan
    (TheOnePaladin)

“Oof, he’s a deity related to fire. What a waste... And here I was, thinking he was kinda fine...”
    “So, even you don’t like that type of 「hot.」”

Erzulie Freda
    (jishara)

“I see... This one is a deity of love.”
    “Fickle and empty-headed too... Doesn’t it make you long for simpler times?”

Cuca
    (Wyvern)

“I feel kinda bad—it truly feels like we’re ripping off her schtick or something...”
    “Are you sick in the head or what, Agape? The only thing we have in common with that reptile is the fact we all have tits.”
    “Whoa, that’s a lot of antagonism I’m sensing—!”
    “Hmph... You’d hate her too if you read that she’s a wet blanket who hates a lil’ anarchy and fun here and there.”
    “—Now, when you say 「fun,」 do you mean...”

Mars Thingsus
    (Vididii)

“How the hell is this even possible.”
    “If you give up trying to understand this place, I think you’d be far happier, you know.”
    “You’re also strangely not drooling over him too? What’s happening?”
    “—Wellll... Me like snakes, you know what I mean, but not when they’re snake-y in their heads. That’s not sexy, that’s creepy.”
    “I’m learning a lot about your (very low, albeit existing) standards today, huh.”

Lleu Llaw Gyffes
    (Morg van Destro)

“———*sighs* Just go, okay. Just go.”
    “WISH ME LUCK~ ♥”
    >:3

Corn Maiden
    (FarewellToMrA)

“Oh, no... I feel like we should know this one.”
    “A shame we’re Agape and Chione, right? If we retained even a fraction of memories that composed the Horae, maybe we could properly greet this one as deities of fertility.”
    “Hey, maybe the greetings of Catholic saints are as good as those?”

Horned God
    (Alexcoene)

“You nasty, you told me you’d only talk to him.”
    “I literally said NOTHING, what gives!”
    “It’s written all over your disgusting face. —Ugh, no wonder Irene is ashamed of us!”
    “Excuse me!?”

The Langlands Program
    (DelRey)

“That’s some skinny nerd you’ve summoned there, Master. Are you gonna give him a wedgie and shove him into a locker? Should we help you?”
    “You’re insufferable whenever you don’t lust over a man, you know that...”

Sir Orfeo
    (BnEl15)

“I’ve come to regret my early prejudices. This man is actually incredible, and I’d only ever use this word to describe sweets.”
    “...Huh. If you say so.”
    “—You’re so disinterested! That’s not like you.”
    “—Well, I mean, it’s hard to be interested in someone who shot you down like a mangy dog.”
    “Ohh, so that’s what happened...”

Lífthrasir & Eve
    (Drangle)

“Can’t you stop drooling over any male specimen for a second? That man is clearly uncomfortable with you.”
    “Well, sorry for having EYES, I guess?”

Harun al-Rashid
    (Kamera)

“Hey, look. Isn’t that man the one you—”
    “——Don’t. Don’t even start. I’ve never been so disappointed over a blind date in my entire life! He spoke about this stupid book for an entire day!”
    “Oh no, how sad. I’m sure you’re tainted forever with Nerd Disease or something now.”

The Horned God
    (sutaa)

“Okay, but we’d have to take this entire sheet somewhere else if I was to speak of all the things I’d let that man do to me.”
    “—Oh, right... He DOES have tentacles.”

Menrva
    (Serra)

“Chakravartin...? Is this something edible?”
    “I don’t know, but it definitely has something to do with Master. Do you think she wants to… Make him her pet or something? That’s the type of kinky stuff only I’M supposed to do! She can’t come here stealing my only role!”
    “I doubt it’s this serious but hell yeah! Fuck her up anyway, Agape!”

“「Really? We’re at this point already and no Noble Phantasm yet?」 ——Totally guessed your thoughts, am I right?”

“You probably did. People here are truly simplistic at heart.”

“That has its cute side, though.”

“Don’t you even start...”

“—It would be marvelous if the answers could be just as simple, hm?”

“—Wouldn’t it?”

“Aww... And we were having so much fun... What a shame. What a crying shame. I was about to complete my list of 100——”

“—Look, it doesn’t matter! Let’s not kid ourselves, now, Agape. We knew this day would come.”

“We could feel it in our bones, every single day, didn’t we?”

“The question is... Have we ever truly forgotten?”

“Let’s see... Passion-bearing maidens united in Flesh, united in Spirit—”

“Wrestling with Evil and enduring martyrdom—”

“Offering to their God a gift of love and blood—”

“O Agape, Irene, Chione—God’s precious jewels.”

“We celebrate your wondrous, holy memory.”

“Would you look at us. Turns out, we never forgot...”

“No... More than that...”

Irene, we have never forgiven...

BRIGHT MIRROR OF MARTYRDOM
    Eirēne

To the three virginal sisters, there was once upon a time posed a question.

「Is a holy crown upon your head truly worth all of this?」

And, perhaps for the youngest, who died believing in the almighty grace of God to the very end, that very notion would be absurd. The mere fact one would be asking her that would be laughable. What could one describe her devotion as, if not enduring?

But, in the solitude of her cell, she hasn’t laughed in feathery-light relief. In the loneliness of her walk of shame, she hasn’t been consumed in scarlet-red fire.

—She hasn’t hesitated.

「Is a holy crown upon your head truly worth all of this?」

In their last moments, burning together side by side, Agape and Chione finally had their answer.

——No, it wasn’t.

They had rejected all the earthly gifts for the chance of being blessed in an afterlife that could elude them for eternity. And yet, the One for Whom they had given everything had never touched their spirit. A death in vain is far more cruel than any torture by fire.

But, at this point, it was already too late. It was an answer lost forever to the wind.

Once killed by the all-consuming time, by memories that were freely reinterpreted. And then killed yet again by the orders of a tyrant.

The resentment of a lifetime condensed in a desire that brought forth a memory, transformed into an incomplete Servant.

What are saints, if not people in heaven who lived heroic, virtuous lives? People who boldly offered their lives for others, martyred for their faith? What were the holy handmaidens, if not the protectors of the skies? Those who guarded the gates to the heavenly Olympus?

What are these holy, pious sisters, if not the ones who ought to protect the gates—but instead, turned their back to their original duty? Is this new life they live truly an excuse to make all the memories that were denied to them? Or is it something more... A way to flee the heavy burden of forgiveness?

This isn’t a Noble Phantasm made to attack and hurt others. It is not made to bless and relieve allies as well. Instead, it is a trial—it is made solely to pose, this time, a new question to Agape and Chione.

O, Keepers of destiny.
    O, guardians of the gates.

「Are you ready now?」

Are they ready to take their place by Irene’s side? To disturb the memory of her eternal rest? Are they ready to part with every excuse to flee from their shame?

Are they truly ready to say goodbye to the unmovable purgatory that is their existence as incomplete Servants of the AlterEgo Class—

—They don’t know yet. But it is an answer that, one day, they will have to voice.

And whenever they are ready, then, one day. One day, surely.

——They will reach heaven’s doors.

Gatekeeper
    — AGAPE, CHIONE & IRENE —

If I didn’t know we have minors reading our creations... BY GOD. THE THINGS I WANTED TO DO WITH A SHEET WITH PANTY & STOCKING AS THE FC.

So yes, this sheet could have been way worse and with 100x more dirty jokes, but I had to contain myself. Maybe another day...

Anyway, I love pine but I hatehate his prompt. Jesus Christ, I dunno WHAT stumped me all this time but this wasn’t easy. I can only hope these feelings weren’t bleeding on the sheet or anything. Once I had a clear vision for them, the ride became surprisingly smooth... THE PROBLEM WAS ALL THE OTHER 13 DAYS I SPENT BASHING MY HEAD AGAINST A WALL THINKING ABOUT A CHARACTER AND DISCARDING HALF-BAKED CONCEPTS LEFT AND RIGHT.

This is all a mess of a concept and I know it, I'm pretty sure I have the vision but I lack the execution, but IF I SPEND MORE TIME THINKING ABOUT THIS SHEET I'LL NEVER FINISH IT. I can only still hope that it’s still presentable enough to be considered a proper entry. Please be nice to me you guys, I already hated myself enough all the while I was writing this sheet. ;__;

Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; March 29th, 2023 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Added more relationships
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Well, I can't say I didn't ask for it, as this is another Alcyon & Cyx situation. However, reading just left me wondering "With a Skill like The Ripe Citrus, why was there not a single Hellraiser reference?"
    I'm not sure if this one fits, but that's not for me to decide. I do feel your pain though. Lleu with his concept has been on my mind for months, but the only things I have left that might fit it are a globster of an idea and my New Years Servant, both of which would be way more tenuous, especially the first one. I'm not sure if Pine understood the pain he was inflicting on us. Otherwise though, this sheet is colorful fun. I'm am still confused about the NP. Is it them ascending? Are they doing it do their master? Was Alter-Ego a lie or did they become Gatekeeper? I need answers, and asking P&S doesn't seem like it will get me anywhere.
    Fate/Without Justice

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think I'm following the path of WF here. Enlighten me on how you write your sheets.
    also, when does submission end?

Blog Entries
    Submission ends after 3 weeks.
    I have to read a lot of sheets, including WFs, but i dont think someone can explain "how they do sheets". The way we create sheets is something that shows our nature of sorts. Its also hard to describe how we approach a Servant, from what sort of angle, motivation and vision, etc.
    One may copy the format bit not the style
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.