Page 3466 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2466296633663416345634613464346534663467346834713476351635663966 ... LastLast
Results 69,301 to 69,320 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by lolque View Post
    If not the beast cycle itself, I think marisbullie wants to complete the mission for humanity Gilgamesh talked about in CCC, the conquering of the stars. If humanity defeats the final Evil, AKA the final beast and ends the cycle, can rise beyond the original limits, in other words, this Planet.

I mean, sounds good enough for the Lord of a certain department of the clock tower Who is always thinking about the outter space.

Also, as the modern solomon, the paralelism can't be more appropiate. If the King gave humanity the capacity of using mystics at the level of gods, the Next step is clear.
    The thing is, defeating the beasts doesn't quite really enable or unlock anything.

It just gives humanity the right to not be dragged down by the shadow that grows with them.

I imagine a lot of timelines that defeat the beasts or whatever end up like Tsuki no Sango rather than notes, tbh.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Is that Amdusias in Salieri's interlude

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post

Caenis:
    Caenis is making a big mess in the kitchen and so Gordolf comes to check what the hell is going on. He figures out that she must obviously be trying to bake the croissant they shared that one day, so he helps her bake it but she can't do it properly cuz you know, that's the joke formula here. To sort of appeal to Caenis more he compares something like this to fighting the lostbelt kings in a real underdog position, like Arjuna without Karna's help, or Zeus without Quirinus. The battles are basically Caenis' chuuni way of visualizing the baking process. After all of that, you make some progress in the baking but she's like "it's no use, it's nothing like the thing he used to eat". At first, Gordolf assumes that she has to be talking about her parents or family or something, and tries to explain that you can't really replicate the love put in by a family member cooking, but then you realize that she's actually talking about Kirschtaria. As such, she should be baking something more modern, something both noble and common, that fits him better. So you help her bake that in his memory.

At the end, she's actually had fun with Chaldea for once, and she monologues, basically saying (a bit paraphrased cuz I only have my discord logs up still):
    "Ah, we spent all day trying to get this together, and it didn't even turn out that great. But we went at it together, Chaldea and I.
    It was an all-in, genuine team effort. They really did that to help me bake bread for you. What a ridiculous bunch, seriously...
    We baked all this and in the end none of it was like what you used to have.
    But well, it's all just a stupid thing in the end, isn't it? Such a stupid, trivial thing...
    Even if it's just a gift you can't accept, I'm sure you're watching over me with a twinkle in your eye. Aren't you, Master?
    No, you're not a Master anymore.
    You're simply Kirschtaria Wodime."
    wondered what's up with the boss fights, turns out it's just hell's kitchen

JP Friend Code
    Also for good measure, I've only read two interludes, Anastasia and Caenis', but here's the rough of what happens in them
    Danke~

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wu Zetian's third interludeYang Guifei's first interlude is kinda long and there's IRL stuff happening, so I decided to post it as two halves. Here's the first part.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So how'd Mozart fall to Amdusias in Salieri's interlude?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'm reading comments about Anastasia's interlude destroying the ship with Kadoc (not that it was ever canon). Why's that? As far as I know Anastasia only said she didn't do what she did for Kadoc but for her own reasons, which isn't really something new if I remember LB1 correctly.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    I'm reading comments about Anastasia's interlude destroying the ship with Kadoc (not that it was ever canon). Why's that? As far as I know Anastasia only said she didn't do what she did for Kadoc but for her own reasons, which isn't really something new if I remember LB1 correctly.
    It is as you said. It's just people have their own headcanons and love to jump to conclusions. Just because she claims that doesn't mean she means every word.

Personally, it's clear how much LB Anastasia cares for Kadoc, romantic or otherwise, since she went so far as to take Billy's bullet. And then there's that arrangement she made with Kirei to ensure Kadoc's safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    Well, I guess partly because throughout the entire thing you all but bang each other and she almost proclaims her love for you at the end of it on a romantic beach scene. On the other hand, the whole point of her interlude is that the Anastasia summoned under Kadoc who attacked Chaldea and did all that stuff with Kadoc, and the Anastasia here now, are entirely different people who have nothing to do with each other, so you know, it doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    >The Neo Argonauts meet up at the end of Mandricardo's interlude
    >There's no Chiyome

Rude and uncalled for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Second half of Yang Guifei's interlude. Sometimes your abusive family members are just tsundere.

Gilles statement that the Foreigner's legends are happening in the present is being implied to be more literal than we thought.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Well, I guess partly because throughout the entire thing you all but bang each other and she almost proclaims her love for you at the end of it on a romantic beach scene. On the other hand, the whole point of her interlude is that the Anastasia summoned under Kadoc who attacked Chaldea and did all that stuff with Kadoc, and the Anastasia here now, are entirely different people who have nothing to do with each other, so you know, it doesn't matter.
    Why, more so than anyone else, does Anastasia generate this kind of discourse all the time? Does Kadoc live rent free in people's heads THAT bad?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I suppose it's because Kadoc is basically not far removed from Guda as a character. Maybe that's why the Kadoc/Anastasia NTR jokes haven't gone away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

There's not much else to talk about with Ana as presented in FGO.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I suppose it's because Kadoc is basically not far removed from Guda as a character. Maybe that's why the Kadoc/Anastasia NTR jokes haven't gone away?
    It's actually because people are idiots, you see
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Second half of Yang Guifei's interlude. Sometimes your abusive family members are just tsundere.

Gilles statement that the Foreigner's legends are happening in the present is being implied to be more literal than we thought.
    everything about foreigners continues to be stupid and unnecessary
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

It's actually because people are idiots, you see
    That's usually the correct answer unfortunately. Also because NTR is popular for some weird reason.

If they use it to retcon a lot of the dumb foreigner stuff ill let it slide, gimme actual van gogh, actual yang ect

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    everything about foreigners continues to be stupid and unnecessary
    Well, if everything about the Foreigners being a way to hacking the Throne and induce disruption in the Human Order through its protectors (the Heroic Spirits), because the Outer Gods don't have any means to manifest in this world except the awareness/worship of those who keep denying them because are "fictional" is true, I'm far to call it stupid. Even the plan of Marisbully may be related to this since the point to give the Alien God a vessel to manifest is producing an imperfect one like Olga, then play hand to hand against it.

But, well, yeah, almost every Foreigner being a cute little girl and all of that doesn't help so much I guess.
    Last edited by lolque; June 26th, 2021 at 08:38 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Salem made it pretty clear that Outer Gods were fictional in-universe. The real question is how MHXX and Nyarlathotep were able to exist in Summer 3, supposedly before Salem, but it could easily be timeline shenanigans of “Foreigners exist now, so they must have always existed” and the past retroactively changing to accommodate them