Page 390 of 618 FirstFirst ... 290340380385388389390391392395400440490 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 12346

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    That's not an excuse for anything. Don't run from the fact that being based in historical fact has not stopped people from messing around and giving Servants crazy shit.

Rants can be idiotic when they are based on nonsense. So maybe try to complain better?
    Except the story really didn't give itself room to "mess around". It's hurting the suspension of disbelief.

I don't know, maybe take your head of out your hind quarters and read some good stories to see what decent story-telling is like?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    It's just that who can be Servants or Heroic Spirit are so wide open these days that it's not really cool anymore.

Since there are fewer and fewer reasons why Hitler can't be a Servant now.
    I dont mind it being wide, i just wish they didnt go in FGO 'michelangelo cant be a HS' as it just feels like a attempt to make da vinci look better.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    And "Historical Fact" as a source for Servants hasn't stopped writers from making Reality Marble user and mathematician Charles Babbage, ME fairy(?) wielding Anastasia, mediator with dragon waifu Ryouma and so on. So complaining about that is painfully idiotic.
    That's still grounds for criticism. The drift furthered with GO concerning Heroic Spirits is troubling.

Basically anything can really go now and that's not really good.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, for what it looks like, Voyager seems to be a special case anyway. His summoning as a Heroic spirit seems to be directly related to the state of the world, complaining that he "doesn't fit the standards" where the point of the novel is that no one fits the standards feels kind of disingenuous.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anything can go for Servants has been a selling point of the franchise, so why on Earth are you all complaining about GO Servants or Voyager having random shit despite being based on HF? Maybe you could try to elaborate better rather than twist away from what I was discussing?

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I dont mind it being wide, i just wish they didnt go in FGO 'michelangelo cant be a HS' as it just feels like a attempt to make da vinci look better.
    Yes, that's why i said it's not cool anymore, it's pretty obvious that Nasu in the past had made numerous attempt at explain why certain people can't be heroic spirits to maintain some form of consistency and exclusivity for the Throne of Heroes, but with FGO the Throne of Heroes basically had it's door wide open. There really isn't anymore reason why Michelangelo can't be a Servant, we have Wraith Servants and Pseudo-Servant to fill a lot of exceptions to the rule.

It's Nasu's fault for not maintaining this consistency, at the same time, not everything is his fault. We seen time and time again, different authors outside of Type Moon's main staff make Fate/ works that are inconsistent with the core series Stay Night / Hollow Ataraxia, yet Nasu has also at times express leniency, basically he let many of these authors go wild with their own interpretations, and because FGO is a business that requires waifus to make money, these new Servants are inevitably going to integrate into FGO no matter the reason, even if their setting are inconsistent with FGO's own setting.

So you might as well throw most of FGO out of the window. I only consider the main story line of FGO with any canon implications. In my headcanon not even the KnK event happened.

Anything can go for Servants has been a selling point of the franchise, so why on Earth are you all complaining about GO Servants or Voyager having random shit despite being based on HF? Maybe you could try to elaborate better rather than twist away from what I was discussing?
    I am complaining about GO Servants and Voyager because it's drifting too far from my comfy Old Nasuverse world view. Also because this is a complaints/opinion thread.

I elaborated plenty enough, and others seem to get my point.

If you want to devolve to name-calling, I got more where that came from. If you want to just flame, I can do that too. If you want civil discussion, we can also do that. I've been here long enough to work with all sorts.
    Last edited by Bookworm Luke; July 2nd, 2020 at 09:08 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    From the beginning, no.

Currently, absolutely. It's certainly a more profitable decision.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The "drifting" has been a thing since FSN. And so I find whining about GO and Requiem to be idiotic, if you are giving the actual origin a pass just because.

And sorry, but calling things dumb just because it doesn't fit into your headcanon is dumb as well. And rants/unpopular opinions without any factual basis is always going to be idiotic to read, since it suggests you haven't read anything.

Which is a different reason why I got into Type-Moon to begin with.

Anyone can draw a blonde girl with a sword.

Fate/Stay Night portrayed a blond girl with a sword who had deep story, complex character relationships and an emotional romance.

I like those, I would like to have more. FGO is not doing that. TM is not doing that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    So you might as well throw most of FGO out of the window. I only consider the main story line of FGO with any canon implications. In my headcanon not even the KnK event happened.
    Canon to what? FGO is entirely self-contained. What happens in FGO stays in FGO.

The "drifting" has been a thing since FSN. And so I find whining about GO and Requiem to be idiotic, if you are giving the actual origin a pass just because.

And sorry, but calling things dumb just because it doesn't fit into your headcanon is dumb as well. And rants/unpopular opinions without any factual basis is always going to be idiotic to read, since it suggests you haven't read anything.
    I've been in this fandom long enough, read enough, and butted heads with others about the most pedantic stuff too.

If you are calling other people's opinion dumb in an opinion thread, then I am sorry, you are a dumbass and perhaps a troll.
    Last edited by Bookworm Luke; July 2nd, 2020 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Canon to what? FGO is entirely self-contained. What happens in FGO stays in FGO.
    I sure hope so.

I still not very sure about FGO's implications on the greater Nasuverse, and if you read bamboo broom diary, Nasu definitely had a greater Nasuverse in mind.

Problem is that we don't know what that looks like. There is no actual frame of reference on the greater Nasuverse.

And every time FGO makes some exceptions to the "rule", old material books seem less and less relevant.

I don't like that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So it is just dumb stuff, good to know.

So it is just dumb stuff, good to know.
    Yup, dumbass.

Blog Entries
    Problem is that we don't know what that looks like. There is no actual frame of reference on the greater Nasuverse.

And every time FGO makes some exceptions to the "rule", old material books seem less and less relevant.
    This reminds me that somehow they probably going to shoehorn Beasts into tsuk:re

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean what "rules" is FGO breaking?

I mean what "rules" is FGO breaking?
    There are no rules, because Type Moon makes the rules.

It's just the new coke does not taste like the old coke.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    It's more like the rules aren't broken, but rather bent around until they become a headache inducing tangle tied in knots around itself, and you can't tell anymore where it starts and it ends.

Which is fine only as long as you don't take anything seriously and just laugh dumbly while ogling the waifus, but becomes a bother to discuss, especially when between two sides with different takes that want to be serious on a topic that has become a surreal parody of sorts of itself.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What rules? I'm starting to suspect that there isn't any and people just want a safe space to cry along with actual complaints, but I would like more evidence.