Page 3770 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 277032703670372037603765376837693770377137723775378038203870 ... LastLast
Results 75,381 to 75,400 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Those are two different things. Giving up your title as grand doesn't mean you immediately get weaker (King Hassan), and getting weaker by sacrificing the "grand crown" is just for a massive power boost (as far as we know for now at least).

The "grands" we summon in Chaldea have neither greater power nor the title of Grand, they're simply the same Servants who would qualify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Didn't Gramps also sacrifice his crown so he could apply the concept of death to Tiamat?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    In working with Chaldea, he gave up his title. In his strike to harm Tiamat, he used up his remaining Grant Saint Graph. Orion does the same thing in Atlantis, giving up his title right there and then using all the power in the Grand Saint Graph in his final shot.

The important thing is that the power boost is a result of giving up the greater saint graph, merely an indirect followup from rejecting ones title, and thus they are separate things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    You get fired if you go against the orders from your boss, and you lose your power if you use it all up for your big boom blast, basically.

I still have to wonder why they even have to lose the title as these are the pinnacle of Heroic Spirits. Is it so they only send the best one for a specific job and isn't always the same one?

It feels like a very odd idea that the CF would actively cripple its pool of defenses permanently for the crime of going agianst its will.

It very much felt like a choice thats for hype than something to think bout implications of

As either 1. they lose it permanently crippling the CF for future threats
    or 2. they regain it upon a seperate summoning iteration but that takes away the weight of the act narratively

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    We’ve seen that Hassan is Grand again in Arcade, and Nasu stated there is no other Grand Assassin in FGO. So it sounds like it’s a permanent firing limited to only the local world.

Wasn't that just the Hassan from Arcade's world tho?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    It would be pretty stupid of the world to have no countermeasures against Grand Servants doing whatever the hell they want though

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    It would be pretty stupid of the world to have no countermeasures against Grand Servants doing whatever the hell they want though
    If the World was any good at dealing with Beasts we wouldn't have to keep intervening. But here we are.

JP Friend Code
    Beasts also aware of the world's interference and try to cheat the system anyways. And the counter force being something that only uses the bare minimum, really doesn't want to go with the original 7v1 format unless it is absolutely needed.

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    If the World was any good at dealing with Beasts we wouldn't have to keep intervening. But here we are.
    That's because the World already took into account your intervention obviously.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    We have at least two Grand Servants with ties with or also being possible Beasts, what does that tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    We have at least two Grand Servants with ties with or also being possible Beasts, what does that tell you?
    That the world is willing to take risks, but at the same time capable of retaining countermeasures against those risks. With Solomon for example, it really paid off.

That was more YHVH having countermeasures, not the CF (unless nasu does go with the CF being the christian god)

On one hand, that's fair, but I was really trying (and failing) to say that the world has a habit of selecting Grands geared to fighting specific Beasts, hence some of them having a strong connection to Beasts.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    What's Chad Orion's interlude about, besides him dying of ligma?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    What's Chad Orion's interlude about, besides him dying of ligma?
    It's just a cold, though he's never had one before so it's a new experience for him. Or at least that's what I think it says.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spotlight Lostbelt Olympus

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurai on LB5 having two parts
    Atlantis and Olympus are a turning point in the middle section of part 2, so Nasu explained it would be split into two parts back when we were producing Epic of Remnant.
    - The strongest and most unclouded Lostbelt.
    - Twelve mechgods of Olympus.
    - Technology on a level where the average soldier can be as strong as a Servant.
    - Citizens made immortal by sci-fi tech.
    So much... he gave so much to do here...!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitheia size comparison
    The tiny one on the left is Golden Huge Bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakurai on why the Godbreaker Alliance was all electric Servants
    They needed to oppose Zeus's powerful lightning. Taking this notion as a a prerequisite, the Heroic Spirits in Atlantis intentionally prioritized getting the electric Heroic Spirits to Olympus. Consequently, most Heroic Spirits who made it there are electric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasenge on Demeter
    Since she's the first mechgod you fight, we needed to set the difficulty in a way that would make you feel the might of the gods. Also, since she's the god of fertility, full of revival functions (Authorities) (expressed as defense and HP recovery effects) I believe we made a very memorable mechgod battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakurai on Goredolf's fluffy croissants
    His croissants were once praised by his house homunculus (Toole). More specifically, she made a pleased face. All she did was smile, but this was a major event that filled the young Goredolf with pride. Even now as an adult, he's strongly attached to this proud and precious recipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasengle on Zeus
    The Zeus fight was the hardest mechgod fight to make. The boss battle introduced new gameplay elements, like moving between two other targets aside from the main Zeus and those reviving multiple times. Combining and balancing all these gimmicks wasn't easy. By the way, all mechgods had character profiles written by the chapter writer, and our efforts were dedicated to converting the contents of this profile into gameplay gimmicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakurai on Adele and Makarios using Age of Gods magecraft
    What they used is unquestionably a kind of magecraft from the Age of Gods. A magecraft that utilizes arcana by accessing the Swirling Fount through the gods. Speaking a god's name means using arcana through said god. This means that instead them having multiple types of magecraft, they have 12 access keys to the one magecraft. I hope this analogy made the idea understandable. Each god's name already enables a wide array of arcana depending on the exact pronunciation, the intent put in the word, the prayer, etc. Side note: Makarios and Adele learned magecraft from the Mechanical Owl Minerva, a terminal of the goddess Athena. They also got some helpful advice from Heroic Spirit Helena from the Godbreaker Alliance. Also, their magecraft is an Olympus version, which follow the same principles as Medea's and Circe's AoG Greek magecraft but is different in the finer details. Magecraft was a lot more varied in the Pan-Human Age of Gods than it is in the stagnated Olympus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakurai on Zeus's Lifescale being the lowest
    As a consequence of the Lostbelt mechgod Zeus piling up all of the gods' functions (Authorities) in his own body, he was far more energy-intensive than any other ship, and thus had the shortest lifespan. Goddess Hera was the only one who knew this, and this memory was lost in the process of her assimalation into Europa. Mash's downcast face when she saw Zeus's lifescale was because the almighty Zeus also had the worst lifecycle, which made her understand he was a literal machine pushing itself to its limits to serve the people of Olympus. It was a moment of pity, respect, and sadness for the fact that, despite being like this, Zeus will never be anything more than an enemy to humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyama on Kirschtaria's design
    I was demanded to reach a fine and subtle balancing point. He needed clear beauty and confidence, but without looking overconfident in his capabilities. Anyone who read the full story would know what I'm talking about.

I'm very satisfied with his staff. It's a unique design that heavily incorporates the concept of fusing modern engineering with the ancient magecraft that reflects Kirschtaria's ancestry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu's list of twists that Kirschtaria failed to predict
    - The apostles of the Alien God failing their vs Chaldea duty.
    - The reason why Muramasa was chosen as an apostle.
    - He guessed a Grand Servant would show up but was surprised at it being Romulus-Quirinus.
    - Act of burning the Fantasy Tree in the 6th Lostbelt.
    - Kadoc not laughing at his rock joke.
    - Kadoc not inviting him to go to the moving brothel together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu on the world Kirschtaria dreamed of
    When everyone's individual capability change from limited to (eventually) unlimited, there will no longer be discrimination, competition, and discord. He knows it's in human nature to attack people they dislike without needing any reason, but that's because their intellectual standard is low. He'd be upping their intellect by one rank, which would end conflict over profits, happiness, and fulfillment because everyone would think that it's more efficient to improve themselves. He also believed that on top of this self-improvement mentality, these new intelligent lifeforms would also be able to cooperate to tackle bigger problems (the foundational diseases of the universe). Basically, a world where everyone is Ultraman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyama on his memorial illustration
    It's an image of Kirschtaria's last conversation with Caenis, as it happened in the game. Nothing damaged his mentality. It remained beautiful until the very end. I tried to make the picture serene and dignified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu on Kirschtaria not expecting Caenis to help Chaldea
    He thought Caenis wouldn't help in battle. "He'll express that he understands Chaldea's situation, but lending them a hand is a bit too much. It's a matter of Caenis's heroic pride. For as much as he's a very understanding guy, he's quite stubborn.", Kirsch sips his tea with a smile. But something happened that surpassed Kirschtaria's expectations. Goredolf unraveled Caenis's stubbornness with his choice of asking what kind of person Kirschtaria was instead of asking about Kirschtaria's combat abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Souma on Kirschtaria
    I'm obviously very grateful to the chain of connections and coincidences that lead me to voice Kirschtaria. I feel like it was fate, as pretentious as it may sound. He showed a lot of sides to himself but if I had to boil down his qualities to one simple explanation, I'd say he's a man of love. I adore his worldview. Also his many humorous moments. Whenever I have to record lines for him, I focus myself on being faithful to Kirschtaria and his dialogue without overthinking anything. My heart is filled with the desire to speak more of his words.
    Last edited by Comun; October 6th, 2022 at 02:07 PM.