Page 284 of 620 FirstFirst ... 184234274279282283284285286289294334384 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Archer of the Wild West
    -- The Little Sure Shot --

"Howdy there, Master. The name's Annie Oakley, an Archer. Y'know, the fastest, most accurate guns in the west n' all that? Yep, you've summoned that Annie. Honestly I'm more of a performer than a full-fledged gunslinger, but if the Grail somehow chose me to manifest in this Class, guess that means the two ain't mutually exclusive or somethin'. Well, in any case, I ain't here to talk about technicalities. Now, sit back and see what these guns can do!"

Source

"I ain't afraid to love a man. 'Course, I ain't afraid to shoot 'em either. When you've been livin' in the wild west for so long, you quickly realize that life's way too short to be afraid of anythin'; of people's judgment, their doubts, or even your own perceived weaknesses. It's all about takin' a leap of faith and firin' your shot right when it counts!"

Class: Archer
    Other Classes: Gunner

True Name: Annie Oakley
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: United States of America (19th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: E
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Likes: Entertaining others, proving herself, classic western dramas
    Dislikes: Arrogant people, not having an audience (though she wouldn't admit it)
    Talent: Acting, sharpshooting
    Natural Enemy: -
    Armament: Pistols, shotgun
    Catalyst: Old western firearms

Class Skills
    Independent Action (B)

The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's Magical Energy supply, the Master can concentrate their own Magical Energy on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they cannot supply Magical Energy due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them is by utilizing Command Spells. It is possible for Archer to stay in the world for two days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage.

Archer left her mark in history as one of the few notable women in the wild west. A talented gunslinger, marksman, and entertainer, she's no stranger to denying conventional values of the time to follow her own path and attain success. This strong inclination towards personal freedom and independence grants her a decently high rank at this Skill.

"See, I'm tellin' ya; when it comes down to it, what people think, their judgment, those don't matter one bit! You've got one life to live, so why spend it worryin' over their approval?"

Magic Resistance (D)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

"A lone gunslinger from the American south, faced with stuff like mages, wizards, and the supernatural... just as I thought, we don't go well together. 'Course, I could always try to put a bullet between their eyes, the old-fashioned way, but somethin' tells me I might need more than a few bullets to put 'em down for good."

Personal Skills
    Innocent Monster (C)

An attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person's will or appearance. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Considered by many as an icon of the wild west, Archer's personality and mannerisms has been influenced by the concept of "a classic western outlaw"... In truth, due to her talents as a performer, it's hard to determine for sure how much of her persona are influenced by this Skill, and how much are her simply method acting for the role of "a cool western gunslinger".

"To think the people remembered me that way... Well, not that I mind. I've always admired strong, determined gals like Calamity Jane, Eleanor Dumont, Mary Fields, and so on. There's just somethin' real cool about a woman goin' against the world by her lonesome to leave her mark in history, dontcha' think? I'm more of an entertainer myself, so I wouldn't say I'm on the same level as those gals I mentioned, but now... maybe I can change that."

Showmanship (B)

A Skill denoting mastery in performing arts. In life, Archer was more than a gunslinger; she was also a renowned entertainer, known for assuming a number of roles in Buffalo Bill's Wild West exhibition and captivating her audience. Thus, acting out different characters, concealing her true emotions, drawing attention, and "putting on a good show" seems to come off as a natural talent for her.

"That Indian Chief, Sitting Bull I think was his name, once told me how ya can't win a man over with a gun. I proved 'em wrong twice. The first when I won my man over by beating him in a shooting contest, the second when I joined up with Bill's troupe; sure enough, I didn't win a single man with my gun... I won an entire town's worth of audience! If only I could see his face now..."

Marksmanship (A)

A Skill representing all-round shooting techniques, which includes quick drawing and trick shooting. Archer's aim with her trusty shotgun is impeccable. In her shows, she reportedly shot down a customer's cigar, moving disks, thrown glass bottles, playing cards, coins, and snuffed the fire off a candle while shooting backwards, all with pinpoint accuracy. Her talent is almost comparable to a once-in-a-century genius.

"'Aim at the high mark and you will hit it. No, not the first time, not the second time and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect. Finally you'll hit the bull's-eye of success'... well, that's what I said to the reporters wanted a good quote for the headlines. Whaddaya think? Didja' get the cool, inspirational feel from that quote? I was pretty proud at myself from coming up with that one on the fly, y'see."

Quick Draw (B)

The ability to quickly draw a handgun and accurately fire it upon a target in the process. This skill was made popular by romanticized depictions of gunslingers in the Western genre, which in turn were inspired by famous historical gunfights in the American Old West. This Skill appears to be a bit of an irregularity, considering Archer mainly wields a shotgun as opposed to any smaller firearms. Nonetheless, she insists that she picked up these abilities from her husband, and her friends from the troupe.

"'I'd like to see every woman know how to handle guns as naturally as they handle babies'... that's what I said back then, and I'm certainly not exempt from my own quote. When my trusty shotgun fails to get things done, I gotta improvise somehow, and that means picking up a few new tricks. There's nothing surprising about that."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    An Exhibition of Shooting at Glass Balls, etc.
    Little Sure Shot of the Wild West

"Right, guess it's about time for that, huh... The winds are calm, the weather's clear, and the target's in sight. All that's left is to pull the trigger. FIRE!"

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-100
    Max Targets: Varies, depending on firearm used

Archer's most famous shooting exhibition, performed as part of Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. One such performance was filmed by Thomas Edison and aired throughout the country, cementing her fame as a performer. The documented 21-second footage shows Archer using a rifle to shoot down stationary objects and thrown disks. The true extent of her performances are largely undocumented, however, relying only on word of mouth to piece together her feats. According to certain accounts, at her peak, she was able to split a card in half and create a hole at the center of a silver coin in seconds, without these objects ever touching the ground.

This Noble Phantasm is a manifestation of Archer's superhuman reflexes and accuracy. Upon its activation, she enters a heightened state of focus, time seemed to slow down, and her body becomes one with her weapon. From there, she releases several consecutive shots with such speed, that it appears as if she shot multiple bullets simultaneously with a single shot. From an outsider's perspective, it appears as if Archer releases a single shot, and the target is nigh-instantly riddled with bullets.

This Noble Phantasm bears some similarities to that of a certain other western outlaw. Unlike said outlaw, however, Archer could perform the same technique using a variety of different firearms with enough practice, including but not limited to pistols, shotguns, and rifles, greatly increasing her versatility. This is due to this Noble Phantasm's true nature being "Archer's skill with firearms" as opposed to "Archer's firearm".

Description
    Archer's True Name is Phoebe Ann Mosey, also known as ​Annie Oakley, an American sharpshooter and performer who starred in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.

A cool-headed gunslinger who appeared straight out of an old western film. She lives not for praises or acknowledgements, but only to make it in the cruel, lawless world that is the wild west. There's a strangely cool and reliable aura about her that easily captivates others, and she possesses several larger-than-life advice about defying conventional norms and pursuing one's dreams. All in all, a picture perfect image of what most people imagine as "the perfect cowgirl".

...That is but an act, of course, at least partially. No matter how much she tries to maintain that cool image, Archer is still a performer at heart. Thus, while she does not entirely live for praise and acknowledgements, she does not mind them in the slightest. In fact, she tends to display some smug bashfulness whenever she's showered with praises, revealing a more laid-back, somewhat airheaded side to her. In this state, she's less of an action heroine and more of a girl-next-door. That strangely charismatic aura still remains, though, and most people still consider her as a clever, reliable figure despite knowing her "cool cowgirl" persona was simply an act.

A performer more than a fighter, Archer does not care much for efficiency, practicality, or complex battle strategies beyond her shooting techniques. In battle, she plays off her cowgirl persona as if standing before an audience, performing stylish moves and coming up with cool one-liners for her enemies. To be honest, between the cool-headed gunslinger and the airheaded performer, it can be hard to believe that the two are one and the same, seeing how she could switch personas at the drop of a hat.

Yet sometimes, very rarely, she may display a different kind of expression on her face. A third face.
    That is...

Lore
    Annie Oakley (born Phoebe Ann Mosey; 1860-1926) was an American sharpshooter who starred in Buffalo Bill's Wild West show.

Oakley developed hunting skills as a child to provide for her impoverished family in western Ohio. At 15, she won a shooting contest against experienced marksman Frank E. Butler, whom she later married. The pair joined Buffalo Bill in 1885, performing in Europe before royalty and other heads of state. Audiences were astounded to see her shooting out a cigar from her husband's lips or splitting a playing-card edge-on at 30 paces, and she earned more than anyone except Buffalo Bill himself.

After a bad rail accident in 1901, she had to settle for a less taxing routine, and toured in a play written about her career, as well as instructing women in marksmanship, believing strongly in female self-defense. Her stage acts were filmed for one of Thomas Edison's earliest Kinetoscopes in 1894. Since her death, her story has been adapted for stage musicals and films, including Annie Get Your Gun.

Relationships
    Calamity Jane:
    "That's... Mrs. Calamity Jane? Really? I heard news about her way back then, and I admired her actions, but she... looks a bit different from how I imagined her to be. Eh? She's from outer space? What in tarnation..? I'm feelin' even more out of place here now, dammit. A-Ahem, anyway, I better make sure she's not an impostor! Watch me, Master, I'm gonna challenge her to a shooting match! You can fake appearances, but you sure can't fake your skill with a gun!"

Billy the Kid:
    "A bona fide western outlaw... Those duels at high noon, where two gunslingers stood below the blazing sun, their trigger fingers ready for action, itching to shoot right when the clock strikes twelve... you have any stories about 'em you'd like to share?"
    "Those... didn't really happen? A dramatized version of an outlaw's life, huh... Gosh darnit, I was really hopin' to get a first-hand account of those incidents to polish up my performance, so it's a real shame to hear that those things just ain't true. Well, guess I just gotta make due with a bit of dramatization..."

Samuel Colt:
    "Well I'll be! If it ain't the legendary gunsmith himself! I'm a big fan! Say, could I commission you this shiny new gun I drew in this here blueprint? I reckon I should spice things up and change my routine every now and then, and who better to help me than the finest gunsmith in the old west!?"

Thomas Edison:
    "That lion-man is Mr. Edison!? Damn, this Chaldea place is weirder than I ever imagined... still, in any case, it's partially thanks to him that I got as famous as I am now, so I suppose I should give him my thanks. O-Of course, as a gunslinger, I couldn't care less about awards, praises, and other stuff like that, but as a performer, well, um, I suppose... it's not that bad, every now and then."

Sitting Bull:
    "That old Indian is here as well!? Gosh darn, it's been forever since I last seen 'em... he was a good man, y'know? He reminds me of my grandpa back in the day. He did a lot for me, like comin' up with 'the Little Sure Shot', which became my stage name. That said... I think I'll hold off on seein' him for a lil' while longer. I, uh, still have some techniques to polish, something that'll knock his socks right off..."

An Exchange with the Detective
    "Oh? Mr. Holmes? It sure ain't every day a performer like me gets to entertain a detective. To what do I owe this pleasure?"
    "Good day, Miss Oakley, I'm just here to ask about a few things, really. Some things have been stuck in my mind ever since you were summoned, and I'd like to clear them up."
    "Be my guest, Mr. Detective. Would you like me to brew you some tea?"
    "Oh no, it's all right. This little chat shouldn't take too long."
    "Well, suit yourself. Fire away, then."

"Then I'll get straight to the point. First of all, just to make sure... your True Name is Annie Oakley from the American south, right?"
    "Hmm? Yeah, obviously. I mean, who else could I be?"
    "I see, I see. Well, I just thought it was a bit odd how Annie Oakley, who was mainly famous with a shotgun, was summoned using a pistol as a catalyst. Not to mention how you seem to be more partial to using those pistols as opposed to your shotgun."
    "Well, I handled all sorts of guns during my life, heck, I wanted other women to know how to wield guns, so it ain't that surprisin' for me to be summoned using a firearm, regardless of the type."
    "I see..."

"Moving on to the second question, let me make sure once again; you are Annie Oakley from the south, right?"
    "Yes."
    "Are you sure?"
    "I ain't sure what kind of answer you were expectin' beyond a simple 'yes', honestly."
    "Are you absolutely certain?"
    "I'm tellin' ya, I'm the one and only Annie Oakley! Now, are we gonna keep goin' in circles, or are ya gonna ask your next question?"
    "But I just did. And you've given me your answer."
    "Pardon?"
    "You are Annie Oakley from the American South... which is odd, since she was born and spent most of her years in Ohio. I say that hardly qualifies as 'south', don't you think?"
    "W-Wait, are ya actually accusin' me of somethin' here!? I don't take kindly to slander, y'know!?"
    "No, no, I'm just voicing out some of my thoughts. You're free to refute them at any time if I'm mistaken."
    "..."
    "No? Very well then. There's another thing I'd like to ask."

"I reviewed some of your combat footage the other day, and the results were... strange."
    "Whaddaya mean?"
    "Some of the bullets' trajectories don't match up."
    "I mean, in my superfocused state, I could move my aim a bit to hit different targets. It ain't that hard once I've gotten used to it, really."
    "No, I mean, some of the trajectories are absolutely impossible so long as you stood in the position you were in. Not unless the bullets curved, which I don't think you have that kind of ability, or... there were multiple guns fired simultaneously."
    "Now that's just absurd."
    "So you'd think. The sound of your gunshot might be loud enough to obscure the other shots, but I strained my ears to listen to the sound in more detail... and sure enough, only one gunshot clearly originated from your gun. Yet if that is the case... where did the other gunshots come from?"
    "..."

"I believe I've explained my reasoning well enough. Now, let me get to the main point. Miss Annie Oakley, I believe you are not who you introduce yourself to be."
    "..."
    "From the evidence we've discussed, I believe we can narrow down the suspects into someone who originated from south of the USA, mainly wielded pistols, and possibly operated in a group. I can imagine a few candidates, and while I don't have any concrete names just yet, a brief trip to the library ought to fix that. It's just a matter of time before your true identity is revealed."

"Tch, and here I thought I'd finally be free without those damn Pinkertons at my tail."

>> - ----- - <<
    "All right, you know the drill, folks! This is a robbery! Put your hands in the air, drop your weapons, and nobody try any funny business unless you want your body pumped full o' lead. ...Whew, you've no idea how much I've been wantin' to say that! Don't get me wrong, my short stint as Little Miss Sure Shot there was far from unenjoyable, but, it just ain't the same, I tell ya! For one, I had to hold myself back to shoot as a performer instead of a killer! My trigger finger's been itchin' for some real action now!"

Pretender of the Lawless Age
    -- Matriarch of the Old West --

"Anyway, Now that this lass no longer has any reason to pretend, let me introduce myself again for the audience. Belle Starr, the Bandit Queen of the old west, outlaw extraordinaire, and the one true Starr (heh) of this little charade. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Now, put your qp in this bag here, and you might just walk out of this room without a hole in your temple."

Source

"It's about time I ditch the scruffy cowgirl outfit. It ain't so bad, but it lacks style! And what kind of self-respectin' criminal mastermind could forget that!? Now, this dress brings back memories of the high life. It's seen both classy socialite meetings and bloody shootouts in equal measure. Yeah, wearin' this... feels like I'm born again, ready to make waves in this new age!"

Final Ascension

Source

"Oho, to think you'd still form a contract with me despite knowin' my true nature... you're an odd little Master, ain'tcha'? Well, suit yourself, I don't dislike the stupidly stubborn types like you. More importantly, look at this, Master; everything you could ever dream of; money, respect, love... all of 'em lyin' at your fingertips. This is a dream, a miracle made possible by the lawlessness of the wild west, where the only thing you need to make it in the world is a gun and the determination to shoot your shot. Isn't it beautiful? Of course, I know our time has long passed, but so long as I'm here... this dream will live on. The chaotic wild west will never fall."

Class: Pretender
    Other Classes: Archer, Gunner, Rider

True Name: Belle Starr
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Origin: United States of America (19th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MGI: E
    LCK: A
    NP: B

Dislikes: Overly-inquisitive types, laws, the changing times
    Talent: Managing a criminal empire, riding, gunslinging, acting
    Natural Enemy: Sherlock Holmes, Alan Pinkerton, Bass Reeves, Isaac Parker
    Armament: Pistols, horse
    Catalyst: Old western firearms

>> - ----- - <<

Class Skills
    Anti-Human Order (D+)

An ability that puts a stop to everything created by humanity, as well as the laws that work in humanity's favor. It is a skill originally possessed by the Beast Class. Under this particular Class, Pretender represents the final resistance of the lawless wild west against the changing times. Once considered one of the largest crime syndicates in the American midwest, the rise and subsequent fall of her organization marked the beginning of an end to the lawless age of sheriffs and gunslingers, replaced by laws and bureaucracy. Pretender resisted these changes until the very end of her life and career as an outlaw. It was said that her unsolved murder served as a final nail in the coffin for the "old" ways of organized crime.

Rather than targeting the entirety of humanity, Pretender's version of this Skill is mainly optimized against the concepts of laws and authorities, as her mere presence imposes the concept of "anarchy" itself. This effect is further boosted against laws and authorities from after her time (post-1889).

"We're thieves, robbers, and murderers, fightin' in a world that don't want us no more. But we'll fight anyway, cuz' that's the only thing we know. That's why the wild west will live on, come what may!"

Riding (C+)

A Skill denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. In Pretender's case, only horses can be managed with above average skills.

"I've rode horses before. Hundreds of 'em. I rode em in a dress, while sittin' on my side, or facin' backwards, or while black-out drunk, and I've performed several trick shots as well on horseback... 'Course, most of these horses were stolen. Hell, the one crime the feds were able to pin on me directly was horse theft, but that's beside the point."

Independent Action (B+)

The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's Magical Energy supply, the Master can concentrate their own Magical Energy on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they cannot supply Magical Energy due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them is by utilizing Command Spells. It is possible for Archer to stay in the world for two days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage.

As a criminal mastermind born in a time where most women couldn't even leave their homes to pursue their own dreams, Pretender was no stranger to the concept of "independence" itself. This Skill is further boosted due to Guilty Angel, as well as her own anti-establishment mindset.

"Me and that Oakley lass, the two of us went down very different paths amidst the turbulence of the wild west. Even so, I gotta agree with her when she said she wanted women to know how to handle guns. Back then, all you needed to make it in the world is a gun and the strength of your own spirit. Once you got that down, no old-fashioned conventionalities could tie you down. It's really that simple, honestly."

Magic Resistance (D)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

"Can't say I've ever encountered magecraft in my lifetime. Even so, I know how to take countermeasures when I see new challenges. You don't get to maintain a criminal empire without knowing how to improvise and reconsider your tactics against different enemies."

Personal Skills
    Guilty Angel (C)

A "positive" version of Innocent Monster held by those whose legends were distorted to be more heroic than they actually were. Normally, she would manifest as a mediocre Servant under the Classes of Archer or Rider, as opposed to a Class known for opposing Human Order itself. However, her legend had been intertwined with the public's romanticized depiction of the "wild west", painting her as a noble outlaw fighting against sheriffs and Pinkertons at the dying days of the lawless frontier. Due to mainstream depictions of an "honorable, lone gunslinger", this Skill also grants her the benefits of Marksmanship and Quick Draw at a similar rank. While Pretender herself was a decently talented gunslinger in life, normally, her talents could not hope to match Annie Oakley's without this Skill.

"Lessee, my classmates here include an evil dragon fated to destroy Britain, a Chinese war god, and a primordial sea god, among all else. Golly gee, for a frail young lady like yours truly to manifest in this Class... it's a real honor to be here, gentlemen. I doubt someone like me could hold a candle compared to the likes of y'all, but since I'm here either way... you can be sure I'll have my fun. 'Sides, not like society would stop me. Look at this Skill! They love me, no matter how much they'd say otherwise!"

Showmanship (A)

A Skill denoting mastery in performing arts. Part of the reason why authorities failed to apprehend Pretender for so long is because of the masks she wore in society. A reputable socialite by day and an unhinged criminal mastermind by night, at the peak of her fame, she established a base of operations in Fort Smith, Arkansas. There, it was said that she could commit crimes in broad daylight, and authorities would still refuse to apprehend her, thinking "it couldn't possibly have been her". Even if they wanted to, the townspeople would oppose their decision, citing her goodwill (funding churches, feeding the poor, and holding charities using her ill-gotten fortunes, unbeknownst to them) in developing the town. This Skill is also why she could maintain her facade as "Annie Oakley" for so long, a performance convincing enough to captivate and deceive an entire society.

"See, life's all about keepin' up appearances! Ya wouldn't think an honest, generous, God-fearin' lass such as myself capable of somethin' as dreadfully horrendous as murder now, would you? If you would, well... it'd probably be far too late for ya then. I'll put a bullet in your head in the evening and read your eulogy in church the very next morning. 'A poor soul who lost his life in a tragic shootout. May the perpetrators be captured and hanged for their crimes against humanity, and may our dearly beloved friend, father, son, brother, and husband find peace by the side of our Lord in heaven...' yeah, that sounds about good 'nuff."

Evil Charisma (C)

A variation of Charisma associated with one who stands at the top of an evil organization rather than one who manages a nation. For a time, Pretender worked closely with the James-Younger Gang, a large group of outlaws led by the infamous Jesse James and his brothers. While her fame was largely eclipsed by the eldest James brother, her involvement in managing and keeping unity in the group was undeniable. Furthermore, after the gang's dissolution in 1876, she continued her exploits as the Bandit Queen, bringing numerous outlaws together under her command.

"Y'know why I hate those law-abidin' types like the sheriffs and the Pinkertons? It's cuz' we're the same, really. They take bribes, gathered their own posse, got rich off the people's sufferin', and took away their means of honest livin' under the guise of 'bureacracy' n' all that crap. Not to say I didn't do such things, mind ya; if anything, I'd probably done worse. But the way they declare themselves to be 'righteous' without a hint of self-awareness? Somethin' about it just really rubs me the wrong way. They're less of a crime-fightin' organization and more like criminals wearin' a different coat of paint after the cowboys died out, as much as they try to say otherwise."

End of the Spider's Thread (B)

A Skill which represents the ability to scheme evil. In life, authorities only managed to indict Pretender with the charge of horse-theft, imprisoning her for nine months (she was released early, citing her "good behavior"). Yet murder, robbery, extortion, bootlegging, harboring wanted criminals, corruption... Pretender was indirectly connected to countless other offenses as she worked with other outlaws. Authorities struggled to pin any solid evidence on these other charges, and even now, her involvement in the wild west underground might run even deeper than any of us thought possible.

"I consider myself a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw, fightin' out there to preserve the beautiful chaos of the old west. So if y'all ever need someone to 'disappear', or you want a bit o' extra cash, or you find yourself in a bit o' legal trouble with those pesky authorities... my door is always open. So long as you're in this fight, the Bandit Queen has your back. But the moment you ever decide to go against us, well... let's hope you never make that mistake, yeah?"

Noble Phantasm(s)

The notorious gang of criminals that Pretender once rode with. Once a band of confederate bushwackers during the American Civil War, following the conclusion of the war, they continued to kill, plunder, and terrorize the nation at large, mainly around Missouri and Oklahoma. The true extent of Pretender's involvement with this gang is unclear, though there are several accounts of her bailing them out of prison, harboring them from authorities, and rumors of her acting as their shadow-leader of sorts.

Straightforwardly enough, this Noble Phantasm allows her to summon up to 13 shadows (the gang's core members) to act as her "enforcers". These shadows possess weak parameters and low-ranked Independent Action, making them hardly suitable for prolonged or close combat. On the other hand, these shadows are equipped with various different types of firearms, and they all possess Marksmanship and Quick Draw at ranks ranging from A to C. Thus, they function as excellent snipers. Furthermore, Pretender can quickly desummon and resummon them anywhere within her vicinity with ease for a relatively low mana cost, allowing her to freely rearrange their positions in battle nigh-instantaneously.

Used in conjunction with her second Noble Phantasm, it is possible for Pretender to "recruit" others into the gang to bolster her forces. However, due to mana constraints, she rarely summons all 13 (or more) members of the gang simultaneously outside of dire circumstances. At most, she limits herself to 3-4 active members at a time, depending on what the situation requires.

The Many Lives and Deaths of the Bandit Queen
    Belle Starr and Her Times

"Y'see, a lady's gotta keep her secrets every once in a while. An outlaw, even more so. As both, well... even I've lost count on how many layers of lies and embellishments I've put up. Care to hazard a guess?"

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: -
    Max Targets: 1 (self)

As the "Queen of Outlaws", Pretender was nigh-untouchable in life. Rival gangs feared her, while federal authorities struggled to apprehend here. All the while, her actions continuously incited fear and chaos upon the populace, prolonging the lawless era known as the wild west.

...All this made it more surprising when she lost her life not in a major shootout or a final confrontation with her enemies, but in an unsolved murder committed in the dead of night. A number of potential scenarios emerged, and dozens of suspects were questioned, to no avail. In the end, authorities were more than happy to put an end to this case, marking the dawn of a new era in America.

In a way, "ambiguity" has been a constant recurring theme throughout Pretender's life. While most saw her as a criminal, there are also stories depicting her as a romanticized "Robin Hood-like" figure who fought against the oppressive hands of the law. The lack of a clear verdict over what crimes she actually committed (beyond one charge of horse theft) bolstered this perception even further, shaping her as a very well-known, yet enigmatic figure of the wild west.

A Noble Phantasm exclusive to the Pretender-Class Belle Starr, this is a crystallization of the various contradictions and unknowns surrounding Pretender's legend. Passively, it only serves to increase her resistance against instant-death attacks as the world struggles to determine the point of her death. By activating its True Name, however, Pretender gains the ability to manipulate her own Saint Graph, to a limited degree. From there, there are two ways she could utilize this ability.

First of all, by tapping into the more ambiguous aspects of her legend, Pretender seemingly disrupts the world's ability to verify her existence. This grants her something akin to Presence Concealment and Powerless Shell as the definition of "who Belle Starr is and what her actions are" becomes increasingly muddled. Due to these conflicting perceptions, it also becomes possible for her to temporarily assume the Skills and parameters of her Archer and Rider forms, albeit in appearance only. Finally, by pushing these "ambiguities" further, she may eventually reach a point where the world actually struggles to maintain her existence, allowing her to occasionally "glitch out" and phase through attacks unscathed. However, utilizing this "glitch out" phase for prolonged periods of time may result in her fully losing her footing in the world and actually fading away for real. Furthermore, so long as she remains in this "ambiguous" state, her Evil Charisma is severely ranked down. No one would be willing to follow an uncertain entity who could blink in and out of existence at any time, after all.

Secondly, by tapping into the more historically-rooted aspects of her legend, Pretender strengthens her reputation as "the Bandit Queen", allowing her to grant "membership" to the James-Younger Gang and strengthening her first Noble Phantasm. New "members" gain the Skills Riding (rank D-E), Marksmanship (rank A-C), and Quick Draw (rank A-C). Pretender can also freely communicate with them at any time, as if establishing a pseudo-contract of sorts. In exchange, however, these members will have their own mana drained periodically as a form of "membership fee", severely weakening them after some time if they do not possess sufficient mana. While the first application of this Noble Phantasm sacrifices charisma for stealth, this application does the opposite; the more "members" Pretender had initiated into her organization, the more likely it becomes for enemies to be aware and cautious of her presence.

Description
    Pretender's True Name is Belle Starr, a notorious American outlaw and criminal mastermind during the wild west era.

Pretender is a woman of many masks. At times, she plays the part of a noble vigilante fighting against oppressive authorities. At other times, she wears the mask of "a pure, demure southern woman", a professional business owner, a charming socialite, or a cunning mastermind.

...Of course, the truth is much simpler than that. Similar to Annie Oakley, Pretender is a woman who genuinely believes in pursuing one's dreams, going against conventional traditions, and living life on her own terms. However, while the former's "dreams" refers to entertaining others as a performer, the latter is considerably more chaotic and self-centered in comparison.

Pretender is not a hedonist, at least not in the traditional sense. She is a bit of a narcissist, and she does not mind the riches and infamy that came from her actions. However, she does not live for such things. Rather, she lives for the "thrill" of her actions. The excitement of maintaining her roles, committing illegal acts and deceiving not just the authorities, but society as a whole. To that end, she considers herself as the star of the show. An actress through and through, she's always ready to act out whatever roles she consider to be "most interesting". In life, her actions were motivated by the same belief; she opposed authorities and helped outlaws not out of some grand principle, but simply because it's "fun". To that end, there are instances where she purposefully left some holes in her plans and lets her underlings get captured if she deems it more interesting to see them struggle. Of course, if she deems their actions entertaining enough, she's ready to bail them out of prison at any time, confident that none of them were in any real danger to begin with (though these underlings have no idea this is the case).

Compared to her Annie Oakley persona, Pretender acts in a more sophisticated, refined manner. Befitting the mastermind that she is, she rarely gets her own hands dirty, preferring to use the James-Younger Gang to "fight without getting her dress dirty". She's also a master of seduction and manipulation, using her "charming southern Belle" persona to get what she wants. She still has a more violent, rowdy side to herself if sufficiently pushed, though. In fact, she finds that moment- when the power balance is suddenly reversed and her target suddenly finds themselves held at gunpoint by the harmless, soft-spoken southern lass talking to them seconds before- absolutely ecstatic for her.

To the Grail, Pretender would wish to undo the complicated laws of not just America, but the entire modern society and return to the lawless, chaotic era of the wild west. Why?

"Cuz' the oppressive laws we have now only benefits the rich and powerful, while the poor are doomed to toil in their own misery with no way to change their fate... Juuuust kidding! 'Course, it's just more fun that way, compared to whatever it is you have goin' on in society these days. Really, do I need any deeper reason than that?"

Lore
    Belle Starr (1848-1889) was a notorious American outlaw and criminal mastermind during the wild west era.

Starr was born Myra Maybelle Shirley as the daughter of a farmer. As a child, she received classical education and learned piano, while graduating from Missouri's Carthage Female Academy, a private institution that her father had helped to found. Yet despite her education and talent for the arts... she was always a rebel.

The American Civil War marked a significant turning point in Shirley's life. Her father was killed while eating with a friend at the house of a confederate sympathizer, and her family fell into destitution. Considering her education and skill with the piano, perhaps she could have found a legitimate occupation to earn money. However, she was never truly interested in such jobs, considering them to be "boring". Instead, she sought out the James-Younger Gang, a group of childhood-friends-turned-outlaws that she was acquainted with during her early days in Missouri, and began working closely with them. Her role in their organization was unclear, with theories ranging from a strategist, a fighter, a supporter, or even the leader of the whole operation. However, it's undeniable that without her involvement, it's highly unlikely that the gang could grow to become as massive as it was.

Following the end of the Civil War, Shirley had earned a reputation as a notorious criminal riding with the James-Younger Gang. Despite being a criminal, she was known for her impressive sense of style; according to witnesses, she often rode sidesaddle while wearing an expensive dress and a plumed hat, carrying two pistols, with cartridge belts across her hips.

The James-Younger Gang disbanded in 1876, when most of its members were arrested or killed by the authorities. A few years later, in 1880, Shirley married Cherokee outlaw Sam Starr, and settled down in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Here, her illegal enterprises continued to develop as she sheltered outlaws, organized heists, planned murders and robberies, and so on. At the same time, she assumed the appearance of a wealthy socialite and mingled upon the higher echelons of society. At the peak of her fame, it was said that she had the entire town at the palm of her hands, and she could freely bribe authorities to free her clients, colleagues, and associates from the law whenever they were caught. All the while, authorities struggled to find a justification to arrest her, as she utilized her own cunning to find loopholes in the law and evade capture. In 1883, Starr and her husband was arrested for horse theft by sheriff Bass Reeves and tried before "The Hanging Judge" Isaac Parker. She was supposed to be sentenced for at least four years, but heavy public backlash (for all the good she did developing Fort Smith) and her own good behavior in prison reduced that sentence to a mere nine months, after which authorities failed to find any more reason to detain her. On the contrary, her husband was assigned to hard labor, and was killed in a gunfight not long after he was released from prison in 1886.

After her husband's passing, Starr continued to manage her criminal empire in her final years. It was said that many other outlaws allied with her during this period, including Jack Spaniard, Jim French, and Bluford Duck. Alas, in 1889, Belle Starr lost her life in an unsolved murder that shook the nation. Apparently she was found dead of numerous gunshot wounds, reportedly from her own double-barrel shotgun. Suspects varied, including rival gangs, Pinkerton agents, her own son, a relative of her victim's and so on. Yet no one was ever caught, and authorities quickly wrapped up this case. Her empire soon crumbled afterwards, taking down the age of western outlaws and gunslingers with it. Numerous laws and reforms to law enforcement agencies were introduced to prevent the resurgence of similar organizations, and America made its transition to the 20th century.

Relationships
    Calamity Jane:
    "Yeah, I lied, turned out I was the impostor all along! Still, a legendary bounty hunter from outer space, eh? I still don't get what your whole deal is, but I ain't no stranger to your kind back in the day. Well, if you're just a fella lookin' for some cash like those many other bounty hunters I know, I'm just gonna leave you be. But if you ever went for my head? You'll probably regret it, so don't. You stay outta my way, and I'll stay outta yours, yeah?"

James Moriarty, Charles Augustus Howell:
    "Yes, yes, I see a long and fruitful partnership ahead of us. It's a real honor to be workin' with you fine gentlemen. Let's sign this contract and shake on it to seal the deal, shall we?"

The three shook hands with fingers crossed behind their backs. Furthermore, unbeknownst to each other, each of them included a fine print in the contract that could screw over the other two if the plans ever went south. On the bright side, this somewhat self-sabotaging nature of their alliance makes it so that none of them could ever truly "win" and inflict any serious damage on Chaldea and/or its personnel.

"Bonnie and Clyde":
    "Oh boy, to think the spirit of the wild west ain't truly dead just yet! To see a young couple standing against the world and tearin' America apart just to follow their hearts, ah, it almost drove me to tears to see such passion!"

Alcyone and Ceyx:
    "...Well that was disappointing. A Pretender duped by another Pretender. Maybe I've gotten rusty after all these years..." (monotone)

Oberon-Vortigern:
    "The desire to pursue a beautiful, fleetin' dream, even if it means rejectin' the progress of Proper Human History... The two of us ain't so different in that regard. I wonder if the other Pretenders are the same..."

Marie-Jeanne Rose Bertin:
    "Oho, you sure know how to sew 'em right. I might just commission you for a new dress if my old one's got too much blood on it. Now, now, don't look at me that way. Tell ya what; as a token of my appreciation, I'll pay you up front with cash earned legitimately for once. How 'bout that? You won't find offers like this from the Bandit Queen every day, I tell ya!"

Queen Medb:
    "Just where did ya get that fluffy coat!? I gotta get one of those for myself one of these days! I reckon it'd be mighty comfortable to wrap yourself in it in winter. Mmm, yeah, I can imagine the fluff from here..."

Jirocho Shimizu:
    "You ain't doin' so bad yourself, big guy! You have an entire city to yourself, and you even had the authorities in your pocket... Eh? You're not that kind of outlaw? Well, what's the point, then?"
    "Altruism? Heh, aren't you a gentleman. Well, you do you. I ain't gonna interfere so long as you stay outta my turf."

Hong Xiuquan:
    "Yeah, his brand of fun's a little too oppressive for my tastes. He's not so different from those self-righteous sheriffs from back in my day, honestly. Take him out, boys."

Samyaza:
    "He tends to go overboard with his whole rants about free will and such, but I ain't complainin'. He's a nutjob, but I s'pose every gang's got a madman or two in 'em somewhere."

Billy the Kid:
    "A true icon of the wild west, and a rebel through and through. Be sure to keep it in moderation from time to time, though. Wouldn't want me bailin' you out again, after all, eh?"

Jesse James:
    "If it ain't the main man himself! How you doin' old boy? Gotta say, I love your new style here. Your old clothes are fine for an outlaw n' all, but I always thought you lacked taste. Seein' you dressed up as a sheriff, of all things? Now that's a bold statement if I've ever seen one. Anyway, come on in, y'know my door's always open for my oldest friend."

Sherlock Holmes:
    "Words can't describe how offended I am! To think you'd accuse a poor, innocent young lass like myself capable of such terrible crimes... It's utterly unthinkable! ...'course, you hit it right on the money with that one, but I still have my pride as an actress, dammit!"

Bond CE

"Shed not for him a bitter tear; Nor give the heart to vain regret. Tis' but the casket that lies here; the gem that fills it sparkles yet."

It was a sorrowful day; a man had been shot to death in a robbery gone wrong. A woman, roughly in her thirties, beloved by her community, led the funeral proceedings.

"He was a beloved son, brother, husband, and friend to us all. Alas, the Lord loved him too much. He was taken from us much too soon. Even so, let us not weep for his fate. Rather, let us bask in fond memories of the fellow, and laugh upon the moments we shared together. That is what he would have wanted. And so, let us send him off with-"

"YOU KILLED HIM!" A young woman screamed, interrupting the proceedings. The crowd looked at each other cluelessly, and hushed whispers could be heard among them. "My husband- I knew he hasn't been payin' your protection money these past few months. Harvest has been poor, and we barely had enough money just to feed our children! We begged you to postpone the payment for a little while longer, b-but you wouldn't hear any of it! THAT'S WHY YOU-!"

"I understand your pain, madame, I really do." The older woman cut her off as she calmly walked to her side with a warm smile. "But grief is a terrible thing. It eats us inside out, and makes us see things that aren't there. I know this must be a terrible time for you; trust me, I was the same after losing my husband, but pointing fingers and throwing out baseless accusations won't solve anything. Your husband was a good man, surely he'd want the best for you. He'd want you to live your life to the fullest, rather than throwing it away to drown in grief. Now, look me in the eye and answer me this; you don't actually think someone like me could do something so cruel now, do you..?"

The younger woman looked into her eyes, only to see an endless spiral of darkness in them. She looked around at the crowd. They looked at her the same way; such pitiful, patronizing eyes. Some even praised the older woman's sympathetic understanding of her sorrow. A few seconds passed, and she sighed.

"No, Mrs. Starr, that was foolish of me. I'm sorry for the accusation."
    "Now that's a good girl."

Creator's Notes

• What happens when you try to write a relatively normal person into a very rare Class known for opposing Human Order itself? This is the result. Not sure if I've fully pulled off the Class properly, but I did enjoy writing this one.
    • Big thanks to Delrey for helping me with the Archer --> Pretender transition. My formatting skills still need some work, though.
    • I read Lucky Luke and played the first few hours of RDR II to get the atmosphere for the sheet. That counts as research... right?
    • Honestly I'm still confused on how to rank Anti-Human Order due to our singular canon example. Oberon "bears no hatred or resentment toward humanity. He merely wants to eradicate them, an action as instinctive as breathing". He got the Skill at rank D. Starr here has a legitimate hatred towards the Human Order (though only in a very specific aspect, and for a reason as stupid as "the laws ruined my fun"), but the scale of destruction she could cause is nowhere near what Oberon could do. Rank E felt too weak, while anything above D sounds too high for me.
    • I wonder if that second NP is a bit too convoluted, and that maybe I should've split them into two separate NPs, if they should exist at all. It's one of my most far-reaching NP idea developed from a relatively mundane concept (her mysterious death and ambiguities surrounding her legend). Hopefully that's not stretching it too far.
    • She came pretty close to being my second contest entry, but I decided against it. She certainly has a sense of style, but this sheet focuses less on that and more on her thrill-seeking obsession, and her hatred towards law-enforcement for ruining her fun.
    • Surprisingly, this sheet did not contain that much edge or angst compared to most of my previous sheets. She's undeniably a monster, but unlike Hong Xiuquan's over-the-top messiah complex, her evil feels... more grounded, somewhat.

Last edited by BnEl15; November 16th, 2021 at 12:25 PM.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    I love the presentation

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So here it is. I'm finally getting around to Metatron. I started working on him after my last entry in the monthly contest and I liked the idea for him I got. However unlike that entry this one is a two parter. So this is the first half. Enjoy.

Sources: Hyunckel, MegamiTensei.Fandom.com. I like smoothies, Reddit.com. Blue August, MegamiTensei.Fandom.Com. Pitnm06Ghost, Deviantart.com
    Class: Caster
    True Name: Metatron, Prince of the Presence
    Origin: Abrahamic Myth
    Alignment: Lawful-Neutral
    Other Classes: Ruler, Saver, Shielder, Archer, and Rider
    Armament: Divine Words

Parameters

Spoiler:
    Str: A
    End: A
    Agi: D
    Mna: D
    Lck: C

Lore

Spoiler:
    The result of the man Enoch’s legendary ascent into heaven while alive, he is considered the ultimate among angels. Said to have continued his tutelage under god, he was granted many titles. Scribe of Heaven, Prince of the Presence, Prince of the World, Voice of God, Seer of Heaven are just a few of the titles Metatron, the name given to him by god, earned for himself under gods purview. However humans despised him for his accomplishments and in their jealousy rebuked and rejected his works and books. Not long after, the flood occurred and while it is disputed that this was the cause many scholars have suggested it is. As if to add insult to injury, centuries later the pope Marcellinus gave 14 holy books to the then emperor of Rome and offered incense, one book of which was a copy of the Book of Enoch which was later burned. However in spite of this he never once grew angry at humans, instead gaze upon them with indifferent eyes. For he is no human but merely a prince of god, an angel and his role is to guide humans, not judge them. That is for others and god in his eyes. He comes now on orders to aid humanity in their plight. If he can convert a few to the true religion on the way? So be it, his lord will be pleased with his works, both extra and primary.

Class Skills

Spoiler:
    Territory Creation: ?

A skill denoting the servants capability in creating a territory for themselves, however Metatron never does create territory. Instead his territory is simply ‘Places where god is worshiped’. The ranks of these ‘workshops’ are D-ranked and so their benefits are few. However the fact is that this skill is mostly sealed after the initial activation.

Item Construction: E

A skill denoting the skill at which servants create items, of which this servant has little. Rather than create, this servant prefers instead to convert. These conversions usually are texts of god with which he uses to try to convert people.

Personal Skills

Spoiler:
    Divine Core of Faith (False): C

A divine core holding authority over the concept of ‘Faith’. However due to it not being his originally, but rather given by his god, it is ‘false’ as his control over it depends entirely on the approval of god according to him. If he commits ‘sin’ then he cannot utilize it until he corrects the behavior. Further it will fail when he attempts actions that are disapproved of. However while functional it provides the benefits of Protection of the Faith, Divine Power, and Divinity at C rank. Further he can bend the faith of others to a degree, not breaking it but straining it, with only those of the catholic faith as him being immune to this power. When this is done, faith-based skills get ranked down a whole grade so long as he maintains it.

High-Speed Divine Words: C

The language of the gods, it is expected that he have it. He utilizes it for magecraft but his fluency in this arte is not as good as his actual fluency in the language itself. He can understand all those that speak this ancient language and converse perfectly but when it comes to spellcasting he is behind most accomplished magus that used it. Despite this he should not be underestimated as he can easily overpower any modern magus and even some families whose families survived from the age of the gods.

Ultimate One (False): C

It is unknown why or how he has this skill with him speculating it is a gift from his lord, stating that normally he’d only have the prior two skills. At this rank, so long as his opponent isn’t similarly allied with the planet even one-sidedly, he will receive a grade bonus in all skills, noble phantasms, and parameters bar this skill. Further, it still provides a plus modifier in general. It is unknown why it is labeled false.

Personality

Spoiler:
    Has a very humble but sagely persona. He offers advice when asked and will listen to others troubles. While he will disapprove of ones choice in religion, he will do no more than simply vocalize it once and leave it be. In terms of his own faith, he preaches the catholic doctrine with a small difference; It acknowledges the books officially written out of catholic canon as true and generally will call attempts to say otherwise as treasonous to god. As for personal flaws he displays none beyond being clearly inhuman. He does not eat, he does not sleep, and he barely shows emotions. His only currently known emotions are ‘Anger’, ‘Disappointment’, ‘Approval’, and ‘Understanding’. Beyond these, he seemingly has no other reaction to situations beyond pure apathy. Despite this he acts as if he understands humans and when pressed does display deep knowledge on the psychology of humans. In some ways it matches or exceeds noted scholars of the subject while in other ways being naive and simple when also compared to the depth minds like Freud, Jung, and even Nieztche plundered into. The only notable thing regarding his personality is the rejection of all forms of works that do not follow his strict ideology. If a religious text appears before him contradicting it, he will disregard it with little thought and move on. This has even occurred with magus' thesis’ proclaiming god to be connected or being the Swirl of the Root, though an interesting comment was made one time ‘To think god would mingle with such heretics or their works is simply abominable. Just like your ‘living planet’ theory’.

Noble Phantasm

Spoiler:
    [Color="Light Grey"]
    Liber Cognitionis Vetitae Quatuordecim
    God's Apocrypha[/Color]

Type: Anti-Army

A powerful bounded field that exists as a crystallization of his legend of ascension as well as a gift from his lord. This bounded field is established by uttering the true name of this noble phantasm while at least six of his workshops are within a 1 mile radius of him. If so, the bounded field forms between each and this effect takes place along with a few other effects, so long as he pays the requisite cost of prana which is equivalent to a noble phantasm of equal rank each minute it is active; All demonic or pagan servants have all their parameters, noble phantasms, and skills forcibly downgraded into a weaker state. Even noble phantasms that would normally protect against such become sealed due to the strength of this effect, though the servants themselves as a result do not suffer this weakening. However after this all gain the personal skill ‘Weakness to Scripture’ which makes hearing verses from the holy bible inflict real pain. After this, the bounded field grants him a stronger authority and he may now influence the actions of anyone of the catholic faith and even empower them to an extent provided he can provide the prana for this (Under normal circumstances, he can empower only one person to be a D-rank servant or three people to be equivalent to three E-rank servants). While a powerful noble phantasm, it is limited by requiring his workshops to be within the requisite distance of him of which he cannot willingly create, often making unleashing it tricky. It becomes especially troublesome in countries that do not regularly practice the catholic faith.

Relationships/Interactions

Spoiler:
    “The saint of orleans… thank you for your service. You were instrumental in gods work in the region”

“Saint Martha, saint of love… erk… apologies. I believe your love, however I still find your… ‘methods’ jarring”

“To think I’d meet his opposite. While I reject your existence, I give respect. Your way of life opposed my lords in every way and was not even a religion… truly, an opposite”

“Saint Georgios, the dragonslayer. Valiant ever to the end. I am sad to not see you in heaven yet for one such as yourself there must be purpose”.

“Amakusa Shirou… A tragedy what befell you. I can only say that it was necessary for your dream. It will happen, but please be patient”.

“Such an ugly little creature… what beast do you serve, monster? Is fiction not enough for your vile influence?”

“To think such a holy man would fall… I admit, you are the epitome of a certain idiom. ‘Hate the sin, love the sinner’. Your actions were abominable… yet I cannot but grieve for your state Gilles. Truly… Hate the sin, love the sinner”

“Ah, detective. Good day… tell me, did that particular herbal compound work? Good, good. I thought it might but I am not human so there is a margin of error… so I am glad. Hmmm? Yes, thank you. Good day”.

“Heh… to think you’d be the one to find out, Master… huh? Heh… you even figured out my aims… my, I overlooked you entirely… damn. If only it lasted another day”

Sources: JadeDragon, Pinterest.Com.
    Class: Pretender
    True Name: Marcellinus, the 29th Pope
    Origin: Historical Fact
    Alignment: Lawful-Evil
    Other Classes: none
    Armaments: Baptism Rites

Parameters

Spoiler:
    Str: D
    End: E
    Agi: D
    Mna: C
    Lck: C

Lore

Spoiler:
    Also known as the Once-Traitor/Martyr, while his name is among the popes and later saints it is a tenuous position tied directly to his real world myth. While a real person catalogued among the many popes that reigned over the church through the years, his was a notably turbulent one. During the reign of Rome, his rule did not begin with the persecution of the christians but was a mid-life occurrence. Initially, he did not take aggressive action but only did so at the behest of the emperor. Horrified, the christians cursed him with misfortune. After this, a large scandal occurred. It was rumored he had given 14 holy books that were the last remaining texts of the dead sea scrolls to be entered into the bible and that he also offered incense to their pagan god. He initially refuted these but one night in a fit of madness confessed and begged for judgement, being told that the pope could not be held accountable. Things became quiet until his sudden death while asleep, leading to his war-like successor blaming the christians and harshly persecuting them. As for how this relates to his taking Metatrons identity, the 14 books go by another name; The 14 Apocryphal Books. Among these is the Book of Enoch, which contained the titular Enoch’s tale of his ascent into heaven. Due to the actions of Marcellinus, the book was lost and written out of the catholic canon so the holy texts couldn’t be tainted by the potential of pagan heresy. As for how this was accomplished, the stealing of such a high spirits identity, it is likely due to the similarities of roles the two had. Pope’s were often considered the voices of god in myth and likewise Metatron too was a voice of god. As such, it is theoretically possible for Marcellinus to accomplish such a grand lie to both their master and the world. Of course, he has been exposed… It seems such an act has stripped him of the false power ‘Metatron’ gave him.

Class Skills

Spoiler:
    Anti-Human Order: E

A skill that turns the servant into a weapon against humanity. However, due to his nature he turns the skill on its head and even lies to it. Unlike most who become obsessed with the destruction or eradication of humanity he instead seeks to ‘save’ humanity by converting all to his religion and save their souls when they die. The skill thinks his method will ‘destroy’ humanity and so permits his actions. As such he has this both at a low rank and is only driven to pursue his method of ‘saving’ humanity.

Divinity: E

He has no divine blood in his body. Not a single drop. In fact his origins before becoming pope are unknown. However due to his position as Pope and the role of ‘Voice of God’, he has a tiny amount laid into his spirit origin. At his level however it only grants him a plus modifier against faith-based protections and provides very weak protections.

Personal Skills

Spoiler:
    All Books Must Be Relinquished: C

A skill based off his legend regarding his kidnapping. It is a strong skill that uses mental interference to force enemies to not attack him so long as he grants them some sort of boon. Generally, this is in the form of an exchange of prana. Due to its nature, it is a mental interference that must be accepted, but generally they need not know this fact. Accepting the offered prana is always considered acceptance and so bypasses them on average. In the event that they try to resist, they may attempt a luck check. However the fact is that the check is difficult due to having 'accepted' the interference willingly, even if under false pretense. In the event it is however the prana instead becomes akin to a poison, weakening them by an entire grade in all parameters. However the length of time the servant cannot attack/is poisoned is dependent on the amount of prana he gives. If he gives the equivalent of his noble phantasm, an entire day must pass before such effects vanish.

Baptism Rite: B

A form of magecraft developed by the church. It uses the bible as a foundation to perform its arte, developed to pursue heretics. At this rank they can easily combat even magus from the age of the gods, partially because this magecraft type is highly effective against spiritual bodies. He has it due to his role as a pope and apparent skill in this arte of magecraft.

Charisma: B+

A skill denoting ones ability to connect and speak to others as well as a measure of their leadership capabilities. At this rank he is capable of leading a nation but generally only leads religions. While normally it is merely B rank, he is considered B+ rank when he employs it on those of the same faith. Generally, he will use it to inspire allies and prevent his enemies from demoralizing them or himself.

Personality

Spoiler:
    Similar to his metatron facade, he offers advice to those who ask and generally keeps it to himself otherwise. He is capable of regular conversation even with those of other faiths even if he finds some disagreeable. Usually, he will simply regard them as ‘misguided’ and will use subtle psychological manipulation techniques in an attempt convert them. However there are servants he will flatly avoid. Primarily he will avoid those from outer space, like Voyager and Mysterious Saber X, and Foreigners like Abigail Williams or Van Gogh. This is due to their existences, in his eyes, being contradictory to his world view and refusing to acknowledge it. It is to such an extreme he has in the past used his Noble Phantasm to make them imperceptible to him to his own detriment. After all, to him it is impossible for one to be irredeemably sinful. That forgiveness is impossible, yet he finds their existence repugnant and cannot stand them. As such he avoids interaction with them completely.

Despite his cheery and accepting personality, he really can’t stand contrary opinions to his. Even if told to stop attempting his subtle manipulations, he will not and instead will be even sneakier in his attempts to convert the contrarian. Further anyone that actively engages him in debate will be rebuked, with him leaving as best he can. However whenever the subject of the 14 books comes up he will get irrationally angry, proclaiming modern catholicism being misguided and that they need to ‘Accept the light’. This is due to him realizing that they are only written out because of his own mistake. For this reason he does have a wish for the grail, that being the resurrection of the true faith… at least, what he views as the true faith; Catholicism.

Noble Phantasm

Spoiler:
    Liber Cognitionis Vetitae Quatuordecim
    God's Apocrypha

Type: Anti-World

A noble phantasm that he can use facets of without using its true name. Without this, it simply acts as a form of charisma that attempts to make those that hear believe what he says is true within the limits of common sense. Any servant or master with a modicum of mental resilience can ward off this easily. Even if he focuses, his words must be cemented in common sense or there is no chance of success. Unlike normal charisma, it can affect even enemies. While it may not demoralize them, it can influence their decisions to believe he’ll take tactics he isn’t actually planning to. However this is contingent on the servant having no resistance to mental interference. Any amount requires a luck check and anything more powerful than D rank immediately negates it. However magic resistances actually do not help in blocking this skill due to nature not being tied to magic. After all, once he unleashes its true name the truth becomes real.

Upon true name activation, Ego Sum Vox Dei becomes a very strong noble phantasm. He effectively creates a field that acts similar to his false identities noble phantasm but with a much more insidious affect. Instead of implementing shifts to enemies, he instead warps the reality around him with his words. Essentially, the idea of him being a voice of god is taken to its logical conclusion. While he requires a luck check to seriously alter anything around him to any real degree that has sentient thought, he can externally influence them. Removing the oxygen from the atmosphere around them, increasing tenfold, or simply removing the concept of light around them. Further, the above resistance only applies if the target resists. If they do not, his alterations take hold immediately. However there is a single flaw with this noble phantasm. Simply put, if he at all believes contrary to what he states then it falls away. This noble phantasm works purely on his own belief in what he says and fails when he does not believe it. As such, he keeps its details as secret as possible, even going so far as to use it to obscure details regarding it.

Relationships/Interactions

Spoiler:
    “Why do you think you're sinful? God commanded violence and you obeyed. You were nothing more than an obedient servant of god. Be proud, saint of orleans”

“Perhaps unorthodox but your method of ‘Tough Love’ is valid nonetheless. Praise be, sister Martha”

“Tsk… of all the people to meet. You are one I cannot stand. Technically, you do not breach His teachings… yet you take from his flock. That is unforgivable… excuse me”

“To meet a saint… what a privilege. I am Marcellinus, a former pope. What saint might you be?”

“Hello… hmmm. I’ve read of you. Truly tragic… My condolences. Hmmm? Yes I mean it. Should lost life not be grieved, even if meant to be?”.

“Ergh… to think you’d be the cause of my outing. Begone creature. I will not abide you even on my masters orders. Ego Sum Vox Dei!”

“Abominable. To think you are a child of god is repulsive… yet all can be forgiven. So long as you join our fold and commit yourself, you can be forgiven… simply stop being so blasphemous”

“.... Ah, detective. Hmmm? How did I fool you….? I will not tell… a hint? No. I will not let slip even a hint. I know your power, detective, and I will not allow it to usurp my own. Good day”

“Sorry for the facade, master. I had a simple goal. Hmmm…? How did I elude even Sherlock? Of course. I ‘became’ metatron. Nothing more… come. Let us have a frank discussion...”

Authors note

Please read sheet first before this AN
    So this was fun to make. The guy is very obscure and was perfect for my plan for Metatron. So yeah... sorry for ruse. Now onto the real sheet.
    Last edited by Baron Magnus; October 19th, 2021 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Forgot Armaments/Reworking majorly busted NP.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Damn, two Pretenders back to back? I'll read this one later. I've exhausted my brainpower doing the formatting for my sheet.

Blog Entries
    I laughed when I saw you posted a pretender lol. and it's all good. I'm feeling the same at the moment. I'll read it when I've played a game or two.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    I didn't understand the second is a Pretender too , how you notice it

Blog Entries
    Its the line above the AN that asks to read the sheet first.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Ah sorry my english is not perfect and i read to fast

Blog Entries
    It's good enough I generally understand. hope you enjoy it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Was the face claim not matching canon Oakley’s physical description an intentional part of the Pretender buildup or was it just a consequence of Requiem not being fully translated?

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i pledge myself to Nailah, therefore to hecuba as well. I especially like her NPs and the interaction with her clairvoyance. Knowing Nailah, the character of hecuba is a bit strange, but not bad. There is a Bridal Nailah Art if you ever want another alt of her.

BnEl15: Wooah I didnt expect that one so soon already. Glad I could be of service for the matriarch. Bad thing is that I saw the Archer card and new what was gonna happen. But if I didnt the reveal would have surprised me! It is incredible how you took the class that by all means so far points towards bonkers big Servants and still stayed true to your grounded "normal, yet significant people" approach. Really on point.
    Cool addition to the growing Pretender Family.
    If I had known you posted it so early I would have fixed the moved Archer Card.
    Also regarding the formatting, you could have just put all the skills and so forth also into the transition to faceclaim reveal. No need for another separate coll3 code. I tried to take a quick look at it if I could fix it right away, but it is difficult to get through your code that fast.
    In praxis, you could have made the whole pretender sheet like usual and then just moved it in place of the Billy picture i sent.

now I have to take a break from reading, i already was distracted while writing
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Was the face claim not matching canon Oakley’s physical description an intentional part of the Pretender buildup or was it just a consequence of Requiem not being fully translated?
    It's... *quickly googles Requiem Oakley in the TM wiki* part of the Pretender buildup, yeah, totally. 100% intentional. No way I could've missed there being an Oakley mentioned in Requiem, nope.

Delrey: About the separate col3 tag, I tried doing that, but it doesn't seem to work cuz' the alignment is different. The contents of the transition col3 is aligned center, while the second col3 is aligned left. Using one col3 on both segments automatically splits the tag in two when the alignment changed. The same problem doesn't appear with your sheets since all of them are aligned center, I think.
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 19th, 2021 at 08:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Annie Oakley: Kind of a normal servant but hey we have billy the kid and honestly this one has a whole thing put on it. I like it. It's great. (Clicks the end results).

Belle Starr: huh. literally never heard of her before. Then again, till now, I never heard of half those people so my wild west must've slipped hard. Still, reading over the second half was a blast. Took me a solid thirty minutes to get it down. Nice job as always, a well done servant.
    Last edited by Baron Magnus; October 19th, 2021 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Click. CLICK. ugh.

Blog Entries
    Metatron/Marcellinus: Not bad, the Skills are fitting, and their personalities work well enough for the figures in question. "Metatron"'s NP is pretty busted though. From the description, it includes reality warping, manipulation and strengthening of Catholics, summoning, subverting fate, and severely weakening demons and pagans, all of this achievable simply by building six workshops, which doesn't sound so hard for him.

Marcellinus' NP is somewhat more reasonable in turn. That whole reality warping effect still sounds like hax, but at least it's limited only to the things he actually believes. I like how he seemingly used that NP on himself to delude himself into becoming Metatron, though. Now that's another creative justification for the Class.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    It's... *quickly googles Requiem Oakley in the TM wiki* part of the Pretender buildup, yeah, totally. 100% intentional. No way I could've missed there being an Oakley mentioned in Requiem, nope.
    beware, lying to a Mod can have consequences
    and congratulations to your Saint Graph Ascension, Comun
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad that my subtext got noticed. It makes me happy. As for Metatron's original noble phantasm... I'll admit, I completely forgot how busted i left it. i need to rework it because originally it was actually supposed to be weaker than the other one to balance the increase in stats and skills that he gets. That said... I may simply eliminate the reality warping sections and instead focus on the debuff/buff aspect... and maybe implementing how much prana it requires him to use for it.

Note: Aright mostly done but wanted to add I remembered the limiting factor and why its mentioned; he can't create his own workshops. After initial activation, which simply label places of worship as his workshop, he can't use it again as the skill practically seals itself. Kinda based on the idea that humans make the houses of god, not angels.
    Last edited by Baron Magnus; October 19th, 2021 at 11:00 AM.

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    "Annie Oakley": Holy shit. Now that's peak fucking BnEl15. I can't praise this enough fam
    Current FGO setup

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vanatos View Post
    "Annie Oakley": Holy shit. Now that's peak fucking BnEl15. I can't praise this enough fam

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    “Annie Oakley”: finally some good fucking sheets.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "How wonderful, if you've summoned me then that surely means there's someone in this world who still recognizes me as the brilliant king I truly am rather than the repulsive mockery those traitorous dogs smeared me with. Be greeted Mage, the greatest king of England has deigned to answer your call. Now, get down on your knees and prostrate before me. That is the most suitable way for me to express my 'love'..."

Servant Berserker:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: George III

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Alternate Classes: Rider, Caster

Strength- C+
    Agility- D
    Endurance- C
    Mana- C
    Luck- D
    NP- C++

Personality
    An obsessive, manic and unstable man. Under this Class the disposition of a troubled yet intellectual king who strove to maintain his country's integrity in a tumultuous era has been warped into an insane egotist who believes everything exists to serve and worship him. Berserker preaches constantly of "love" for his subjects yet the "love" he speaks of is merely domination. "I love everything, and so I shall rule over everything" is merely a statement of fact for Berserker. And naturally to those who reject the passion that smolders within him the only suitable punishment is to be broken and subjugated until they have no choice but to submit to his "love".

Despite his twisted nature Berserker still retains some vestiges of his original self, such as a genuine love for his youngest daughter Amelia whose death by tuberculosis plunged him into a renewed bout of madness in life. He periodically hallucinates Amelia wrapping her arms around him and is determined to be a strong king who will make her proud. He also had a great curiosity and love of science in life though as a Berserker this mainly manifests in him idly tinkering with mechanisms when alone and looking longingly at science magazine articles.

Incidentally, he holds a deep and burning hatred for a certain musical and will undoubtedly fly into a rage if it's played anywhere in his presence.

His wish on the Holy Grail is to rule eternally over a reborn British Empire that's conquered the whole world.

Dislikes: the foolish and irascible rebels who deny his love, history tarring him as a mad king, a certain musical
    Talents: absolute authoritarian rule, scientific study (former)
    Natural Enemy: George Washington, Spartacus

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement- D
    A Skill that characterizes the Berserker Class, raising parameters in return for a loss of sanity and/or hindering mental capacities. At this rank, Strength and Endurance are ranked up, but one has difficulty thinking or speaking properly. While able to speak lucidly, Berserker is prone to bouts of mania and near-totally focused on the task of "subjugating rebellion" making him difficult to reach mutual understanding with.

Personal Skills:

Authoritarian- B+
    A Skill held by absolute rulers famed for attempting to subjugate any and all independence amongst their subjects. Since many monarchs could in more cynical eyes qualify as such, it's one's perception as a tyrant and anecdotes of suppressing rebellion in the popular consciousness that shapes their basis for possessing this Skill. Berserker's infamy as the king who strove to quash the American Revolution, resorting to increasingly desperate efforts to maintain grip over the colonies has equated to a high rank. Greatly inflates the damage dealt by his attacks against foes with a Chaotic or Neutral Alignment, and those known for opposing authority in life.

Innocent Monster- E
    An attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence were distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips accumulated over the course of their life and thereafter, without regard for the actual person's will or appearance. As consequence the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend.

Historians still debate Berserker's true characterization to this day. Whether a mad tyrant clawing at the borders of a fraying empire, or a troubled figure simply trying to fulfill the responsibilities assigned to him, history whispers a thousand alternate truths. In his case this Skill manifests as exaggerating his mental instability, which existed in life but was embellished as better propaganda to tar "the mad king". Rendering him a raving megalomaniac who believes his kingdom is his own wayward children and murder and torture are justifiable to "teach them to renounce their petulant defiance and return to my loving arms".

Origin Of Science (King)- D-
    A Skill Berserker rightfully possesses as the first king to study science as part of his royal education, having founded his own astronomical observatory as well as amassed a collection of scientific instruments preserved in museum to this day. Allows him to make use of Skills stemming from a variety of scientific fields such as chemistry, astronomy and mechanics. However the dulling of his mind through Mad Enhancement renders it little more than a vague intuition.

Noble Phantasms
    Tenggiling Waja
    Divine Carapace Regalia

Type: Support

The sublimated pangolin-scale coat of armor Berserker received as a gift from the governor-general of Bengal. As pangolins were exotic beasts from far India revered to have several spiritual properties an armor made from them naturally possesses a fair amount of innate mystery. Donning it lends Berserker Magic Resistance at rank C in addition to the sharp scales of the coat repelling attacks while dealing slicing damage if the enemy were foolish enough to strike it barehanded. Incidentally, pangolins are said to possess the strongest defense in the natural world with their scaly pelt capable of withstanding hammers and shotgun blasts in the modern age. However, that isn't this Noble Phantasm's true power.

By invoking its true name Berserker can merge with the pangolin spirit inside the armor, transforming into a monstrous human-pangolin hybrid. In this form as well as a rank-up to all stats he can draw on the legends in ancient Javanese mythology where pangolins were divine beasts devouring their enemies who were represented as demonic insects. The imagery of swarming ants falling headlong into a fire was used to represent the futile charge of a warrior whose
    śakti
    spiritual energy
    was consumed by the śakti of their opponent. Thus pangolins can be seen as the ideal warrior who literally digest the śakti of their opponents.

Reflecting this, Berserker eats up a small but significant portion of the opponent's
    śakti
    life-energy
    with every attack landed or blocked, severely advantaging him in any battle of endurance. This also symbolizes Berserker's desire to exhaust the revolutionaries to surrender by drawing out the war past the point where it was feasible. The pangolin's sacred status synergizes with his Authoritarian Skill to empower the Mana-drain if the opponent was known for opposing authority or possesses demonic aspects. In this state Berserker literally sees all of his enemies as demonic insects, spiking his Mad Enhancement and making him single-mindedly focused on the task of eradication.

Once invoked the armor fuses with Berserker's body and can only be forcibly disengaged with a Command Seal, returning him to normal. Berserker's vestiges as a dignified king resent the idea of turning into a monster so he dislikes using this trump-card except as a last-resort, in which case he'll furiously blame his opponents for "making me show such an unsightly side of myself" and "deserving to be annihilated for rejecting my love".

Transformed appearance

Liberty To Death
    Demonic Sovereign's Ultimatum

Type: Anti-Army/Anti-Rebel

"That moron said 'give me liberty or give me death' but the truth is that self-centered stubbornness just leads directly to death! Now I'll show you, this is the true punishment for those who insist on defying me. Become ashes, Liberty To Death!"

A crystallization of Berserker's efforts in crushing the colonists during the Revolutionary War. Upon preparing this Noble Phantasm Berserker offers his opponents a simple choice; surrender or die. An overwhelming aura of mental intimidation pressures them to choose the former option, in which case he gains a Command Seal pertaining to each penitent rebel for the rest of the Grail War. Should they refuse to bend the knee however as most heroes likely will even in the face of crushing odds then Berserker simply responds by bringing the full force of Britain's military might upon them. Cannons and artillery batteries appear extending from space itself to bombard the opponent in a fusillade of shellfire.

While the offer of surrender isn't strictly necessary to deploy this Noble Phantasm, it rises in power the more they were affected by the mental intimidation. Further deals more damage when the targets fulfill the conditions of his Authoritarian Skill. Against an American Heroic Spirit this easily reaches the level of an A-rank Noble Phantasm.

So here's a new sheet from me. Rather proud of his first NP even if it's a pretty wild reach from his legend. Personality-wise I was a bit inspired by his characterization in the musical Hamilton, which I even included some nods to. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!