Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1621242526272831 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant Secret Santa Contest 2022 Edition

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh. Is this a half Wall of Shame mention...?
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    God damnit, all of these sheets are realy good just glancing over them, but I have no idea how I'm going to be able to read them all in full in time for voting.
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

My Servant Compendium

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 21
    NPCs: Sidekicks, background characters, or set-dressing. These are characters who are defined by being on the side of the limelight. And maybe, you even want to take on an actual NPC in Fate's game history!

From Down Below: Did you know there are exactly 0 characters in FGO that are from below the equator? I'm not actually going to fact check that. And, well, the recent LB7 release may change that, but thus is my challenge to you. Bring to the front a Servant from below the equator.

Sightseeing: Let's talk traveling. People who've gone the distance and seen the sights, talked to many people from all walks. Perhaps even their home is the road itself. However it results, I'd like to see a character who's defined by crossing that far-off distance.

Lancer the White Eagle
    “Well Master it seems you’ve drawn the short straw… I am Lancer, and with a little bit of planning we may make it through this.”

Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: Rider, Voyager
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Norway

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MGI: C
    LCK: -

Height: 187 cm
    Weight: 80 kg
    Dislikes: Stubbornness, Adventure
    Talent: Cross-Country Skiing
    Natural Enemy: “Although I grieved at his death, he has no one to blame but himself for it.”
    Attribute: Star
    Traits: Servant, Humanoid, Male, Magus
    Armament: Frozen Flag
    Catalyst: An old Inuit-style coat

❄︎

|Class Skills
    Class Skills

Riding: C+
    A skill which denotes the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. One can flawlessly manage beasts and vehicles if they have received the proper training and adjustments. Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. When Lancer is riding mounts and vehicles made to travel across snow, he gains a positive modifier. He is proficient in such modes of transport, even being summoned with his skis.

Item Construction: C
    The skill to manufacture items of both the magical and the mundane. It is possible to construct amulets that provides specific forms of Magic Resistance (such as an amulet that protects against charms, one that increases defense against flames, one that protects against curses, etc.). However, each amulet can only have one effect, so if Lancer wants multiple effects he would need to craft (and therefore wear) multiple amulets, creating a need for tactical planning regarding his use of this skill. His ability in this skill was something he picked up after spending a long time living with the Inuit people, as he not only learned their way of life, but their type of magecraft as well.
    |

❄︎

|Personal Skills
    Personal Skills

Pioneer of the Stars: EX
    A unique Skill given to heroes that became turning points in human history. All difficult voyages and challenges which are considered "impossible" turn into "events that can be realized". During his life time many attempted to reach the South Pole, however, all who tried gave up before getting close, or died along the way. However, due to his personal viewpoints, ingenuity, and willingness to learn from others, he not only reached the South Pole, but revolutionized Polar travel.

Luck, They Call It: -
    A unique skill, which encompasses a quote Lancer once said, where Luck is dictated by one’s ability to plan properly. As a skill, it has encompassed that idea. Passively, it removes his LCK stat, and instead such checks for and effects that stat would give are instead rerouted from this skill. The more planning that Lancer does before an excursion, as well as the more prepared he is, his “luck” will increase. During his life, Lancer was someone who always prepared for everything and any eventuality, while many of his rivals seemed to fly by the seat of their pants. It was this climate that caused him to utter such a quote.
    “Master, there is much work to be done. If you want to win this, we need to prepare properly.”

Wisdom of the Adept: C
    A rare skill that is similar to All Kinds of Talents, and also similar to a low level Charisma. Not only does this skill make people more willing to converse with him, but also allows him learn skills, abilities, and talents from those he talks to at an accelerated rate. He can also use this skill for other non-academic purposes such as just using it to gain information. Lancer was a well known philomath, using every opportunity to expand his knowledge. However unlike most of that type, he wielded that tendency in such a way that allowed him to use it to greatly benefit his job and mission.
    “That’s an interesting spell you’re using Master. Do you think you could teach it to me?”
    |

❄︎

|Noble Phantasms
    Noble Phantasms

Polheim
    The Bottom of the World That Pins Down The Earth

“Let’s see you face this unprepared... Face the bite of the Ice. Polheim!”

Type: Anti-World, Anti-Unit, Anti-Team
    Range: 0~50
    Max Targets: -

A Noble Phantasm that crystallizes his greatest achievement, while combining it with the object of his achievement. This is, Lancer’s success in being the first to reach the South Pole, not only surviving, but thriving. Upon reaching the southern-most point, he planted a flag and a tent right at the spot calling it Poleheim. This Noble Phantasm is in fact the Flag and Flag Pole, however, both are totally encased in ice, essentially forming an ice spear. When pooping mana into said weapon, he can cause ice to shoot our from the tip of the “spear”. It also naturally messes with the magnetic workings of anything in a ten foot radius.

The true power of this Noble Phantasm comes from its true name release. Upon doing so and planting it into the ground, it overwrites the [I]texture[I] of the area around him, creating something akin to a Reality Marble that turns a large area into Antarctica. All opponents will have to deal with sudden conditions (conditions which Lancer is ready for) and freezing cold which is magical in nature. In essence, magical protections against cold do not work in this space, only practical protections against cold having any effect. While in here, anywhere that is “Antarctica” messes with magnetism, and pretty much everything else actual Antarctica does to a person. However, while this is going on, Lancer’s flag must remain planted into ground, meaning he can’t use his main weapon. It does however, create a small tent which protects against ice, whether it be just the natural elements or an element attack made of it. The only ways escape this NP would be Lancer running out of mana, him uprooting the flag, an Anti-World NP to be used, or simply just walking out of its boundaries. Although a flashy NP, it in the end may not do much if the opponent is properly trained or prepared, and instead could be a detriment since Lancer would be down his main weapon.
    |

❄︎

|Lore
    Lore

The true name of Lancer is Roald Amundsen, a Norwegian explorer most well known for using his experiences with the Inuit people to revolutionize Polar travel, allowing him to be the first man to reach the center of Antartica, the South Pole. Through this, he inadvertently decreased both the mystery of both Antártica and the world at large.

Norway had explorers before Roald. The first thought is the Vikings, and they birthed many explorers. The next thought, would be Roald’s idol: Fridtjof Nansen. He had seen Nansen return from the bitter cold successfully and go out once more; first in 1889, and again in 1893. All the time, Roald wishes he was out there himself, for he had grown up with such a dream, even sleeping with the window open in the winter when he was younger to acclimate himself to the cold. However, he was currently in school to become a doctor at the wishes of his mother.

However, tragedy struck when Roald’s mother suddenly died. He did grieve for many days, however, he used the chance to quit his learning and train himself to become a polar explorer. He indulged himself on learning experience he could get his hands on, from cartography to astrology, and even serving in the army for a short time. He took on many different tasks as he continued to train. When Nansen (who was thought missing and dead) showed back up in Norway, he visited as often as he could to learn about Arctic travel.

For experience, he eventually went on an expedition to Antarctica with an international team. Doctor Frederick Cook was a particular person of interest for him, as Roald learned from the doctor things such as the usefulness of eating animals of the land or how much warmer the clothes made from those animals were. Making it back from the expedition alive, he used this experience and credibility to put together a team to reach the North Pole. He used his experience from working aboard a sealing vessel to persuade him to buy a sealing boat for his polar expedition.

Once he started getting a team together, one explorer friend of Nansen’s convinced Roald to invest in dog sledding. Listening to this suggestion would eventually be one of Roald’s best decisions. After he got support from the king of Norway, he and a six man team made it through the Northwest passage. This trip was a success, even more so when during the time, he and his team spent time with a group of Canadian Inuit people, who were more than happy to show them how to survive and thrive in the cold temperatures. After returning 1906, he begrudgingly gave lectures for money until he decided to try for another expedition, one for the North Pole. After getting both supplies and crew ready, he was shocked when he heard news that someone reached the North Pole.

Not one to give up, he secretly made plans to change his destination to the South Pole, which was also the destination of a fellow explorer, a British man by the name of Robert Scott. Due to not wishing to cause unrest among the public, he hid this change of plans until he was already on the water. He broke the news to his crew after stop for supplies, and though he said they could leave if the wished, all wanted to continue. After this, before setting off again, he sent a brief telegram to Scott that read “Beg to inform you Fram proceeding Antarctic - Amundsen”, the Fram being his new ship for this expedition.

Once he reach Antarctica, his team set up camp, and surprisingly him and his small team had found Scott’s team to be very cordial to them. Both teams though were wildly different; Roald’s was one that applied the experiences he learned from the Inuits and others, while Scott used the “tried and true” method the British had been using for years. After one close call, they managed to have a fairly easy trip to the South Pole, reaching there on December 14th 1911. They planted a Norwegian Flag and a tent, which he cheekily called Poleheim (with a letter for Scott inside once he arrived), and then double checked he did indeed reach the South Pole.

A little over a month later, Scott’s team arrived, despite both setting out about the same time. Roald and his team hurried back their boat, wishing to quickly make to Australia and send word to Norway of their achievement. However, a while later, news came that Scott and his team had died on their on the way back to their base from the pole. The public was solemn and Roald was not just sad, but also felt pity over the fact that if Scott and his team just used a different method, they might still have been alive.

Over the next few years, Roald made various speeches, but eventually had to declare bankruptcy due to a lack of money. He did eventually manage to earn money back through those speeches as well as various small expeditions. However, one fateful day, Roald and a crew flew a seaplane to help with search for friend of his that had been missing. This missing ended with him being ultimately lost at sea on June 18th 1928.
    |

❄︎

|Personality
    Personality

“I’d like to talk with you Master, after all I always endeavor to get to know my crew before taking action.”

Roald is someone who take his job seriously. If you want something done he gets it done. If you start slacking off, you better make sure doesn’t see you. Lancer is also quite a straight forward person. He doesn’t like beating around the bush or unnecessarily drawing things out, if he has something to say, he says it. This does not mean he lacks finesse or tact in his speech however, in fact he prides himself on both his linguistics and his understanding of others.

So far this may seems to paint the picture of a man who is always serious and never willing to cut loose. That is surprisingly far from the truth though. When he isn’t on the job, he thoroughly enjoys spending time with friends, whether it be through chats or different types of games (be it board games or video games). He personally seems to really enjoy turn-based strategy games and real time strategy games the most, as they call to his tactical nature.

As hinted he does like maintaining control of a situation (although he is no control freak), so masters who interrupt his planning process and try and take over will really get on his nerves. In doing so, Roald may even decide to not work with his master depending on the master’s attitude while doing so. In terms of other servants, he’s well aware he is most likely to be the weakest servant in a grail war, so he prefers to do heavy planning and reconnoissance before facing anyone. He loves talking to other people (be they normal people or servants) from different parts of the world and learning about their culture. He particularly has a soft spot for the Inuits, as he is reminded fondly of the time he spent with the people in life.

“This drink that your people makes is quite interesting Master. I would never think to put something like that in a cold beverage, let lone tea… What other wonderful and inventive things can you show me?”

Although there are many things an explorer like Roald would want, his wish for the grail is quite wholesome and simple. He just wants to see again the two Inuit girls he once took care of again. For a man who was never married and never fathered children, they were the ones who made him feel like a father. He will never forget the saddening day he had to give them up due not making enough money to support them. While he may have conquered the poles, giving up those children was the hardest thing he ever had to do.
    |

❄︎

|Relationships
    Relationships

Voyager 1:
    “Though on Earth there may be little left to explore, your existence proves that much awaits for humanity to still explore.”

Quetzalcoatl (Rider):
    “You seem to come from a very fun loving people. Do you think you talk about your culture with me?”

Sitonai (Alter Ego):
    “A Polar Bear?! Oh thank goodness, that scared me half to death. I’m sorry for scaring your pet Miss.”
    |

❄︎

|Creator Notes
    Creator Notes

Pool 21 - Prompt 3
    Sightseeing

I originally was going to try and see if I could pass this off as counting for both this and the Southern Hemisphere prompt, but decided against it because he is not actually from below the equator. Anyway, this was a fun sheet to put together, a lot of scrapping an reworking happened over the month. Although I didn’t get as much time as I would’ve liked to finish him up and in some places feels a little bare bones, I’m still fairly happy with the end result. I’m sure there’s probably something on this sheet that needs work, but I guess I’ll find out what when the review and voting starts. Until then I’ll just chill.

Image Sources:
    Image Source 1: https://twitter.com/hanayu_aa/status...314624/photo/1
    Image Source 2: https://twitter.com/sni8_/status/134...831680/photo/1
    Image Source 3: https://twitter.com/URASHIMA_ZZZ/sta...505732/photo/1
    |
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A voyager Lancer and a Genshin FC. PLEASE. I'M WEAK.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Huh. Is this a half Wall of Shame mention...?
    I am so sorry but I have been feeling like I am really losing my touch lately and been stuck in a rut

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 22
    The One Piece is Real!: Piracy is romanticized often because freedom is cool and that's what I'd like to see someone write. Make a servant out of a character that screams freedom. No constraints on who beyond contest rules; Gods, Aliens, Even mole men. Write what speaks freedom to you!

It Existed Once Upon A Time: Mythical landmasses are quite frequent in modern myths. Like before however I don't want some servant from a mythical place. What I seek with this prompt is creativity from modernity. Not a servant from a modern fiction but a servant that comes from figures pushing new age mythologies such as crystals and chakras. If they also feature some mythical place like Laputa? All the better!

Find the Truth Hidden in the Truth: Alchemists are pretty cool. They can change one thing for another at the drop of a hat. Likewise that's what this prompt wants. Find an alchemist in history and turn them into a servant. Their ties to alchemy can be thinner than hair or stronger than carbon fiber. Just write up a good 'ol alchemist.

Space.

The Final Frontier.For as long as humans have dreamed, they have looked up to the heavens above the, eyes transfixed by vastness of the void beyond their comprehension dotted with infinite points of light, twinkling in the horizon as they reached their hands as if to reach them.

The desire to climb ever higher.

The beauty of a world where darkness and light, death and rebirth mingle.

That is the great impulse which has pushed forward human evolution ever since time immemorial, what compelled them to place brick upon brick, climbing higher and higher. Across the oceans, over mountains, deep into the jungles and through wastelands of sand and ice.

Humanity carved a path leading to the heavens.

Humanity wished for more.

Like a bird locked in a cage, wishing to take flight, humanity tried over and over again, climbing higher and further with each generation, taking flight with sophisticated machines, rocketing probes and messages of good will into the Void.

‘We are here.’

Or better yet…

‘We wish to be Free.’

Earth is our cradle, the mountain we climbed to stand as close to the Heavens as we could.

But it hasn’t been enough.

Not nearly so.

Humanity is still far too young to dream about the cosmos.Yet we dare to, and our dreams have given birth to a future within our minds, a collective desire to go where no man has been, to place millions of years on the soil of another star. Humanity’s footprint, the proof that the precious fragile lifeforms of this planet finally broke out of their cage.

Behold the result.

The image that exists in our hearts. The end result of our journey.

This is… Freedom.

“I am designated [Ashtar], the commanding unit of this far removed galactic oasis. I await humanity's arrival as its protector and vanguard. I am here, brave explorers of the Final Frontier.”

Class
    Other Classes
    Allignment
    Foreigner
    Watcher / Voyager
    Lawful Neutral
    Height / Weight
    Region
    Source
    Immeasurable
    Space
    Historical Fact
    “Whale songs. They will surely become an intergalactic hit.”

Dislikes

“Meddlesome outsider entities, humanity’s wish is humanity’s own. Any who seek to undermine its independence are to be eliminated.”

Attribute
    Traits
    Star
    Female / Existence Outside the Domain / Hominidae
    Command Cards
    Parameters
    STR
    D
    AGI
    D
    END
    D
    MA
    A
    LUK
    A
    NP
    A
    Background

“Who am I, you ask?”

She wasn’t a normal existence, one created not from yesterday but from the dreams reaching for days to come, a being encapsulating what it meant to be truly free in the eyes of humanity. To go anywhere and everywhere with no barriers or rules, beyond the edge of the planet, the solar system, no… beyond the boundaries of the galaxy and the universe itself.

Her name was ‘Freedom’

Project Freedom.

A blueprint created in the 1980’s for what was believed to be the very first space station, the project was discontinued due to time and finances, but its concept and ‘meaning’ wasn’t lost. The skeleton of what would one day become the great station which cycles around the world, crewed by the best and brightest of mankind.

The international space station.

What Freedom is, isn’t a singular existence, but the root source for all who will one day aim to step foot into the cosmos, to show the universe that we are here, and that we refuse to be constrained to a birdcage, no matter how beautiful it may be. Freedom is nothing but the crystallization of a dream, a possible future to come.

Ashtar is something else altogether.

The name is a borrowed construct, a shell worn by the consciousness of the greater whole to facilitate communication with humanoids, a simple jest to reference the belief that somewhere out there in the cosmos, there is a being who commands a fleet of spaceships and will one day get in contact with humanity.

That, however, is not who Freedom is.

Like her cousin, Voyager, she represents humanity’s attempts to reach out to the unknown beyond our known universe. But whereas Voyager’s basic impulse is to explore and learn, Freedom’s basic impulse is to build and transport, to create a space for humanity in the vastness of space and carry them off into it, a modern Ark seeking a Noah of its own.

It wouldn’t be wrong to claim that it sees its Master as the Modern Noah, destined to help it reach completion.

Modern humans dream with the cosmos.

They write songs and weave tales of vast empires hidden like a pirate’s treasure, just waiting to be unearthed. They imagine worlds unlike their own, worlds that they can set foot on and build upon the same way as they have on their own. To create new homes for humanity’s future.

That is Freedom’s sole purpose and ambition.

And like the cold machine that she is, she will pursue this meaning with the dogged determination of her forebears, willing to put all who stand between her and her neo-pioneering duties to the torch.

Personality

Like a star in the night, she appears cold and aloof, a being with a view point completely different from our own, though her aims are to immortalize humanity amongst the stars, her mind is still unlike that of a human, lacking the curiosity and lighthearted honesty of Voyager, she wasn’t entrusted with culture and information on what it means to be human. Instead she only knows her mission and the importance of such a mission for the survival of her creators.

Like the captain of a ship, she sees the wider universe as unexplored waters to be sailed, filled with dangers and enemies, and as the captain it is her responsibility to make preparations for all eventualities.

Such is her duty.

But also her greatest flaw.

Her ability to communicate is limited by her experience with other humans, which she’s never had up until the point she was summoned, as such she comes across as a blank slate, knowing only things pertaining to her mission, and how to better achieve her objective as a Space Colony.

“The most optimal number of crewmates, rate of repopulation, needed resources and fuel. These are all within expected levels. Even at the height of my power I cannot become the vehicle needed to transport the entirety of humanity. We must reassess our goals and seek out the most optimal plan for transporting human civilization.”

Her development as an individual is dependent on how much information she is exposed to and her interpretation of said data. As a creation of humans she is predisposed to seeing them in a positive light, but that doesn’t necessarily mean she will always select the most humane course of action.

She lacks any sort of empathy for beings that aren’t humans.

Even her views on humanity are closer to how one would look at a fragile priceless cargo they are required to transport with care and not as passengers whose opinions she is required to abide by. Understanding human emotion, relationships and the value of life beyond its perpetuation is a challenge for Freedom.

“I do not understand the meaning of this exercise, my physical parameters cannot be modified no matter how many times I hold this small furred creature. It is also slobbering over my chassis. Fluid leaks may also be a sign of illness. If canine companions are to survive our voyage this biological flaw must be corrected, promptly.”

Class Skills

Existence Outside the Domain - D

Unlike how other Foreigners are "receptacles of Outer Gods", ‘Freedom’ has acquired this aptitude as an emissary to space built by humanity. As a ‘prototype’ the ranking of this skill is lower than that of a finished product, however, as a device meant to facilitate the conquest of deep space by humanity, it can be inferred that the threat this represents to foreigner entities would be high.

Gains 2 critical stars every turn.

Increases own debuff resistance by 4%.

Territory Creation - EX

The Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. In this case, however, the territory being created is advantageous to the concept of ‘human survival’ and exists as a physical part of the world. Behaving like a form of wide scale Item Construction

Increases own Arts performance by 12%.

Riding - B

Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that don’t exist in the time period one was alive in. Specifically, the ability to pilot a vehicle that doesn’t yet exist based off of collected data

Increases own Quick performance by 8%

Personal Skills

Mana Burst (Star) - E++

She inhales Magical Energy from the atmosphere and then exhales it into the outer World as new magical energy after circulating it through her body. Allowing any environment rich in True Ether to become inhabitable by humans. This skill can be said to have been reverse engineered from a much more primal one, though in essence both work under the same principles. In its maximum setting, it is possible for Foreigner to shoot concentrated blasts of Magical Energy at targets, making use of her targeting system, the output is supposedly even higher in the void of space.

Increases own Arts performance

Gains critical stars.

Presence Detection - E++

The ability to detect other Servants and local mana sources via technological advancements and equipment. A signal is sent every time an enemy approaches a certain distance of Freedom, such senses aren’t limited to the purely magical but also to scientific theories of tracking targets. As such this variation of the Skill allows for attacks that will follow and track the position of the enemy so long as Freedom is aware of their position.

Reduces one enemy's critical attack chance.

Removes Evasion buffs.

One Who Crosses the Sea of Stars - E++

The skill denoting the ability to travel the stars. At the lowest possible rank it simply denotes one who possesses the capacity to make such a voyage. The possibility of success, let alone survival is still in question. It is possible to increase the rank of this skill by performing the necessary actions of constructing Foreigner’s NP, thus making the possibility of failure smaller as the rank increases. As far as its uses go as a servant, it allows the proper navigation of the Sea of Stars, and improves the physical parameters of the Servant as their ‘true body’ is perfected.

Charges own NP gauge.
    Grants self Debuff Immunity for 3 turns.

Noble Phantasm
    Life Cosmos Odyssey: Through Adversity, to the Stars
    EX Rank / Anti-Planet

The end point of Freedom’s ambition.

Its true body is not that of an imaginary alien form but the unfinished construct resembling a spaceship. A collection of dreams and ambitions taking the form of what others believe will be the future of humanity, a massive complex structure meant to house and transport humans, it is similar to other such Noble Phantasms in that it requires multiple reagents and resources to build it, people to crew it and the needed fuel to launch it into orbit.

That is the reason behind Freedom’s participation in the Grail War and manifestation.

Obtaining the Grail.

Using it to finish its own construction.

The ‘main body’ is the source of Foreigner’s skills and abilities, as well as its true body. Even if the temporary body hosting its consciousness is debilitated, it is a simple matter for the main body to produce a backup or replace the lost one so long as it is left untouched.

Concurrently, the closer the ‘Ark’ is to completion, the more of its functions become available to it, increasing Foreigners power as well as the Servants capabilities, culminating in its launch, an event which would completely throw the course of history on its head.

Whether for good or ill, remains to be seen.

This does create a conundrum, however, as to who came first, the Noble Phantasm or the servant. While the true body of Foreigner is definitely the Freedom Space Station, it is summoned in such a way that it cannot perform most of its functions and requires both the mana and the raw materials to build itself from its prototype form all the way to its true final form.

This Prototype taking the form of what could be described as a crashed spaceship manned by Freedom’s avatar. An unfinished project summoned in its unfinished state, but capable of rebuilding itself.

At this point all of Freedom’s skills will be at their lowest setting, and while still accessible, it is only after maintenance and repairs have started that they will become for effects and Freedom better capable of fighting and defending its main body, with its avatar serving as main combat unit until such a time that the main body can operate without assistance.

Needless to say, should this process be completed, Freedom will have become the strongest Heroic Spirit of any given conflict.

Grants party Anti-Purge Defense buff.
    Removes party's debuffs.
    Recovers party's HP.
    Charges party's NP gauge for 5 turns.

Last edited by Kamera; January 26th, 2023 at 11:50 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    I am so sorry but I have been feeling like I am really losing my touch lately and been stuck in a rut
    It's good, it's good. At least you came here and gave a justification too instead of going MIA.
    Good luck with getting back in touch with your muse :c

AND SPEAKING OF MUSE. HNNGGG. THIS 22TH PROMPT.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, I’m liking this one for the Star Trek reference alone with that picture, if nothing else.

Although there is a lot else to like about it!
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 23
    1- Weird Archers
    So, as we have learned from Fate, Archer translates roughly to "Man who chuck weapons at people, or just decides to fight melee, or who chucks lightning, or whatever." Try to make an Archer class servant who seems to make no sense why they're an archer, but then explain why they're an archer in a comprehensible way.

2- Secret Identities
    Well, its Secret Santa, so let's do some secret identities. Make a servant who pretends to be one historical figure, but actually is another. Basically, employ misdirection on who the servant actually is until the ending. Bonus points if they're a Pretender.

3- My Beautiful Dream
    Make a Servant who desperately wants to save humanity and will do anything for that. I'm looking for interestingly written backstories and personalities. Bonus points if they have a Reality Marble
    [First Sheet]

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SERVANT RECORDS
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >Search Records.
    …
    SELECT SEARCH OPTION—
    -SEARCH BY ERA
    -SEARCH BY LOCATION
    -SEARCH BY SOURCE
    -ENTER NAME
    -ENTER KEYWORD
    >Enter Keyword.
    …
    INPUT KEYWORD.
    >’My Beautiful Dream’.
    …
    MATCH FOUND. INTIALIZE SUMMON?
    >Yes.
    …
    SUMMONING INTIALIZED. PLEASE STAND BACK AND WAIT.

‘At the end of an hour we saw a far-away town sleeping in a valley by a winding river; and beyond it on a hill, a vast gray fortress, with towers and turrets, the first I had ever seen out of a picture.

“Bridgeport?” said I, pointing.

“Camelot,” said he.’

‘I ask you: are you the one who sees fit to call yourself my Master? …Haha, sorry if that was a bit needlessly intense… I just figured, if I’m playing at this whole Servant thing, I’d try channeling someone I used to know, a long time back. I’m Lancer, pleasure to meetcha. Alright, let’s make a good run of it, together.’

LANCER OF AN ANACHRONISTIC KINGDOM
    Class: Lancer
    Other Qualifying Classes: Archer, Caster, Pretender (as ‘Sir Boss’)
    True Name: Hank Morgan
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Earth
    Region: Britain (6th century), America (19th century)
    Source: Literature (A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court)

Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Magic: E
    Luck: E
    NP: D++

Height/Weight: 148 cm, 41 kg
    Traits: Dragon, Humanoid, Servant, Round Table Knight, Saberface, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Colt Dragoon Revolver, Lasso, Gatling Gun, Effective Miracle — Merlin’s Tower

__________________________________________________________________________________

The legend of King Arthur, known the world over. The story of the great king who fought monsters and foreign invaders to restore peace to the British Isles in their darkest era, rising up amongst the people to unify them under a single banner. Camelot, the impossible kingdom of dreams… One whose downfall marked the true end of the Age of Gods and the rapid decline of mystery on one of the world’s last holdouts. Even as Camelot faded into myth, accruing disbelief amongst the non-magical community, the stories and struggles of Arthur and his valiant knights continued to be written of and added onto, new texts being added onto a growing ‘Arthurian canon’.

An engineer from Hartford, Connecticut who had a talent for manufacturing all kinds of machinery. After getting into a scuffle with one of her workers, she found herself transported to the time of Arthurian legend through unknown means. Using her talents and knowledge of the future to quickly gain influence and political power, she began to recreate the infrastructure, technologies and societal structures of the 19th century within 6th century England. Despite succeeding in convincing King Arthur to abolish slavery and revealing her innovations to England at large, the machinations of Merlin, who cursed her into a magical slumber, and the Holy Church, which supressed her achievements and removed her from the historical record, resulted in her downfall.

The reason why she appears as a teenage girl when she is described in the novel as a man in his late thirties to early forties is unclear.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Likes: ‘I consider myself a big supporter of the human spirit… Is that a bit too vague? Well, people are capable of a lot more than you’d think, and the average person has a lot more worth than you’d know… of course, those in charge of the world end up holding the people back, more often than not.’

Dislikes: ‘…I bet me saying the church would be a bit inflammatory, huh. Well, it’s not even that I hate the church, so much as what it represents. People who hold back progress for their own benefit, and tolerate other people being hurt if that’s what the status quo means… that’s what I truly hate, with all my being.’

Wish for the Grail: ‘Need you even ask? My wish’s the same as anyone with even a bit of integrity. I want to save as many people as I can.’

Natural Enemy: ‘…I want to say Merlin, I cannot tell you how badly I do. …But I don’t think self-declaration means much when it comes to whatever this is. If I have to be completely objective here, it’s probably Arthur. As much as I respected him, we were perhaps a little too different for our own good in the long run.’

‘Hm? You want to hear my story, Master? Haha, that’s a bit of a strange thing to ask… my story is already out there. It’s in the public domain, so you could find and read it real easy if you wanted to.

…Yeah, figured that wouldn’t be enough to dissuade you. The novel didn’t say I was a woman, after all.

Well, there’s a lot to cover on that front, but I’m not a natural storyteller, and I’d rather not bore you… Very well, let’s go back to the beginning; Hartford, Connecticut. The only home I ever knew, which I didn’t leave once before I got flung through time and space.’

The tail end of the 19th century. An era following the industrial revolution, and a world of relative peace preceding the social upturn of the World Wars and Great Depression. And a time in which ‘heroes’ were on their way out for humanity, with the recorded instances of Heroic Spirits ascending dropping drastically almost immediately afterwards.

Hank Morgan, a youth with an immense amount of talent but almost no passion to match it. ‘Barren of sentiment’. Even with her natural gifts and supportive family, she lacked genuine satisfaction with her life, not feeling able to properly love herself.

A natural genius, easily able to choose any path in life she wanted but not invested enough in where she was going. Urged by her family, she apprenticed at the local munitions factory, and not caring to move on, eventually found herself the factory’s head superintendent. Capable, but unpopular, she found herself earning the ire of her many workers, unable to understand her, and them feeling not properly understood. She eventually got in a confrontation with one of her workers, was knocked unconscious by a strike from a crowbar…

And awoke somewhere else.

Class Skills

Magic Resistance C
    A Skill which grants protection against harmful magical effects. As for the rank…

‘A bit of a contradiction, isn’t it? A completely ordinary woman from the late 19th century… and an adventurer from 6th century Britain. Of course, my experiences weren’t exactly adjacent to your mage types’s preconceptions of what then was like, but even then, this’s the result.’

Mistaken for a foreign spy or other such threatening presence, Hank Morgan was almost immediately captured, imprisoned and slated to be executed. In order to escape this fate, she used her future knowledge of an eclipse to pass herself off as a powerful mystic. After repeated showings of her future knowledge and technological capability, she found herself, almost incidentally, as someone with a position in Camelot second only in influence and status to King Arthur himself.

As she got a better sense of the political landscape of the world around her, she became horrified by the flagrant inequality of the world around her. Much of the populace was either literally or figuratively enslaved to the wills of nobles, much of whom were either needlessly cruel, completely incompetent, or both. Left with no hope of returning to where she had come from, and a world filled with suffering, she set out to save the people, not through battle or singular acts of bravery, but with widespread societal reform to the political and labor institutions, modeled after the democratic world she knew.

‘I’m not going to pretend like I did everything right, that I was some sort of perfect savior… or even the best person for the job, really. I let the knowledge I had over everyone else go to my head after a while. That manuscript I gave Samuel… there’s some stuff in there I’m genuinely embarrassed about now that I’ve had a chance to go back and look it over more objectively, no matter the circumstances it was written. But even still… I don’t regret trying to fix everything I saw that was wrong. Even if it was something I wasn’t fully qualified for… I’d like to think anyone with the same skills I had, in the same position, would do the same. If whatever cosmic, unknowable force placed me there was choosing me of all people… then all I could do is my best.’

Personal Skills

Charisma C+

While falling short of ruling Britain directly as it’s monarch, Lancer inspired a form of cultural fascination amidst the people of Britain, having earned the moniker of ‘the Boss’, becoming known as an exceedingly powerful magician and effective honorary member of the Round Table, having many loyal supporters of her vision, and becoming effectively second in power to King Arthur, as well as a close friend of his.

‘This is a Throne thing, just so you know. I didn’t have anything like this in life. Heck, before I got sent back, I was one of those blunt, quiet types that end up borderline unpopular… My worker wouldn’t have attacked me if I was well-liked. And I think anyone in my place would have ended up garnering interest and respect.’

King Arthur. One of humanities’ greatest heroes, wielder of the holy sword. And to Hank Morgan, someone just as familiar, just as easy to reach, as any other man.

To Hank, the king was a likable, respectable person, but one with a perspective so different from hers that a gap was always present between them. As she was looked down on, respected but not truly accepted by the court for lack of lineage to place herself, she could not genuinely find common ground with the world of the throne, ownership of land, pedigree and hereditary power.

‘I didn’t charge for my opinion about them, and they didn’t charge for their opinion about me: the account was square, the books balanced, everybody was satisfied.’, as she herself wrote.

But even still, there was a mutual respect and friendship deeper than any of Hank’s relationships in the world she had known. King Arthur wanted nothing more than to save her people, and let them be content and free, as did Hank. A sense of responsibility to shoulder the burden of a whole country alone, undertaken because it appeared to be the only correct choice… two people, from worlds so different as to be almost unrecognizable as the same planet, separated only by time, were unified by this.

‘Arthur and I went on an adventure together, you know. Both dressed up as peasants, wandering around the country, seeing in truth how the commonfolk lived. You can read the whole of it later, if you want, but one moment still sticks with me.

We stopped at a small hut, and saw no one about. When we came asking, we found a deathly ill woman, and we were told to flee… but the both of us chose to enter and help to the best of our ability. I told Arthur to leave, but he stood firm, even after seeing the woman had something as potentially lethal as smallpox… and he told me to leave, since the church had quarantined the hut, and I was liable but he wasn’t. And then, even knowing it could kill him… he carried down the woman’s dying teenage daughter from the loft, risking everything just to afford a mother some small degree of comfort, and let her see the only family she had left before death took them both.

That was when I knew King Arthur was great. That was when I knew he was a hero.’

Mutual, deep respect. Hank Morgan and King Arthur came to think of each other so. Just as Hank respected the heroism Arthur was capable of, the king respected Hank’s forethought and willingness to change the system for the people’s sake. At the end of their adventure, Hank had a statue built commemorating this moment as he saw it, of Arthur at his best, and Arthur agreed to outlaw slavery and institute numerous reforms much more liberal than any previously attempted on Hank’s advice.
    But even still, after everything…

There was still a gap which could never truly be bridged.

Critique to the King D

A Skill denoting an individual who, through their words, left a deep mark which changed the direction of the legend of the Knights of the Round Table, the King of Knights in particular. This is typically a unique Personal Skill of Tristan, whose departure and parting words could be thought to have been the beginning of the darker side of Arthurian legend coming to the forefront, and yet…

While too pragmatic to voice her opinions out loud, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court is a work which, through narration, dedicates much effort to a deconstruction of King Arthur. If the work could be thought of as an ‘anti-chivalric novel’, and King Arthur is considered the peak of the chivalric ideal, then it only makes sense that King Arthur would be considered lacking.

‘The king is amongst the best of men, but a poor king… for a truly good king does not exist.’

This is what Lancer believes of King Arthur. Just as several of the Round Table Knights, what Lancer hopes for is to free Arthur of his burden.

Spending several years trapped with no way to go home, Hank Morgan found herself with nothing to do but try and make a new life for herself. Despite her initial inability to relate to those around her, viewing herself as a wolf amidst sheep due to the lack of education and modern knowledge which separated herself from those around her. However, over time, her limited perspective shifted, and almost by necessity, she found herself forming other close relationships. Friendships amongst some of the other Knights of Round Table, partnership and close trust with Clarence, her protégé… and love.

‘Sandy… that manuscript I wrote didn’t do her justice, you know. I skipped over too much, I focused too much on my bad first impression. But even if it isn’t really clear why from the novel itself… I loved her, deeply.’

‘I was just some strange and actually somewhat unpleasant type, but she treated me like the most important, greatest person she ever met. And even if part of that was just dragging me into her knighthood fantasy, she still knew me better than I knew myself after a while together… and she ended up being the one who helped me to truly value myself, not based on what I did, but for who I was.’

After her adventure with Arthur, and her revealing her accomplishments to Britain as large, Hank Morgan married, something she hadn’t done in the nearly forty years she had spent in her present, and had a daughter. Unfortunately, her daughter fell deathly ill, and Hank and her wife were advised to go overseas to help in her recovery.

‘That time in Gaul with my family… as anxious as I was, looking back now, that’s my last happy memory.’

Light of Possibilities C

A Skill which denotes an existence effected by humanity’s collective perception. Similar in nature to a composite of Pioneer of the Stars and an inversed form of Innocent Monster, it belongs to those reshaped not by their monstrous reputations, but by becoming bearers of humanities’ hopes and desire for an idealized hero.

In this case, Lancer has been reshaped on two fronts; the populous of 6th century Britain, not aware of how technology informed her feats, saw her as a great wizard, among other divergent perceptions. Lancer has gained features which she did not possess in life to better match these perceptions, up to and including minor dragonkin traits as a result of a moment in which using a pipe under a helmet led onlookers to believe she could breathe fire.

To the people of the late 19th century, on the other hand, Lancer was an ordinary woman who died of illness in obscurity… and then became a national sensation through her story being spread by Mark Twain.

The idea that a person could actually travel back in time simply after being hit on the head… nobody believed it could actually happen, but they believed the illusion of it enough to still find the novel engaging. This ‘fictional hero’ version has superseded the Lancer who ‘actually existed’, letting her become a ‘hero’ even within the Mystery-sparse cultural space of the 19th century and beyond.

‘Sandy believed me to be a great knight, and wonderful hero, even as I was just a half-baked failure who didn't even understand myself… I’m going to become that knight and hero now, since this Skill’s all I have left of her here.’

‘I want to save people.’

‘I want to change the world.’

A wonderful sentiment, and wonderful dream. Hank Morgan did not originally have ambitions such as this, content to live in quiet in the 19th century, not truly happy but without suffering. But she ended up in the past, a world so much more fragile seeming and mutable than the one she had become entrenched in. In a world where she felt she could actually exact change, where she could let herself believe, where she was a unique instead of one of many…

Her passion, and her hope, emerged for the first time.

‘War, disease, slavery… The history books of my time are filled with suffering which happened between here and then. If I restructure the government to better support the people, if I spread modern education, if I help improve food production and produce modern medicines… How many of those people between then and now could be saved?’

This was what Hank Morgan believed, and what she eventually desired with all of her being… but, it would not come to fruition.

While she was overseas, Lancelot’s affair was revealed, and the Battle of Camlann brought down Camelot. The church placed Britain under interdict, and Hank realized something was wrong by seeing the lack of trade in the English Channel. She returned, and found her followers having abandoned her, and the land torn apart by revolt.

And thus, all of Britain became Hank Morgan’s enemy.

The Battle at the Sand-Belt A

A unique Personal Skill which embodies the final battle which Lancer engaged in while in the past. Through modern weaponry and trench warfare tactics, Lancer supposedly successfully won a battle while outnumbered several thousand times over, but in the process lost all of her soldiers to illness from close contact with corpses and was injured herself, being enchanted into a coma afterwards.

A Skill which empowers and sustains Lancer the closer she is to losing an engagement, whether through sustained injuries or being outnumbered. However, this has the drawback of having a corrosive effect on Lancer’s mentality when activated. Lancer’s empathy is degraded and her willpower is strengthened… she gains a singular focus on moving forward. As her heroic nature is swallowed up by this shift in personality, it will also eventually seal her Light of Possibilities Skill. One who used child soldiers, and killed thousands in a last-ditch effort to keep her dream of saving people from centuries of oppression and suffering to come afloat… that is where this Skill originates.

‘I lost everything. I left behind my wife and infant daughter just to try and salvage what I built, I killed thousands of people, led children and my best friend to their deaths… Everyone from Camelot was dead or beyond my reach by then. Years of effort, my home, my family, my friends, all gone. I couldn’t save anyone, and trying to keep even some of what I made intact only made things worse.

There’s not much else to it, really. Merlin for once cast a spell properly, and sent me back the long way to the 19th century as one last act of spite. I woke up… and had nothing. I spent the next few months wasting away, not even having the will to head back to America, and eventually died from illness only a few days after I met Samuel, the only one I told what had happened to me to.

I didn’t know him long enough to even realize he was a writer and publisher, so I was surprised when I entered the Throne because he saw fit to share my story. Even if everyone disbelieved it actually happened… and maybe Samuel did too… it was enough to get me here.

So, I became a Heroic Spirit, even though I was a fraud who ended up a failure.

My wish is to ‘save people’, like I told you before. But that was a half-truth. What I wish… is to go back, and try to do it all again. I need to try and do it properly, I need to keep Camelot from falling. I need to save someone and have it mean something this time.

And I need to know…

No, never mind. Sorry if that got a bit more depressing than you were hoping, Master. Thanks for listening.’

Effective Miracle — Merlin’s Tower
    Spread Outwards, Modernity, For the People’s Sake

‘Tear down all that holds the people back, and bring forth the future here and now! Fire from heaven, light my forge… Effective Miracle — Merlin’s Tower!’

NP type: Anti-Army
    Range: 5~150
    Targets: 1 person

A Noble Phantasm derived from the chapter of Lancer’s story where she rigged an old Roman-constructed tower with a lightning rod and explosive powder and ‘called down fire’ to destroy it in order to solidify their reputation as a powerful ‘wizard’ and humiliate Merlin. The tower and lightning rod have been fused together into this form, a conceptual spear representative of her reshaping the world itself around her in an attempt to improve people’s lives.

When this Noble Phantasm is activated, it will call down lightning from the sky which will automatically hone in on Hank’s selected target. As the leaders attach and the lightning discharges, the space around the point of impact will automatically detonate, as if explosives had been placed nearby beforehand. This Noble Phantasm has a rather low base power output, but damage increases drastically against those closely associated with monarchies and feudalism, those with high levels of Mystery, and ‘classical magicians’.

This Noble Phantasm has a secondary property, which is truthfully its main function, activated by placing it in the ground and calling the lightning to hit it instead of another target. The lighting’s anti-Mystery properties are diffused throughout the surrounding ground, which then enters the Texture itself and bolsters it. Mystery within the area is degraded at a high rate by the further reinforcement to the laws of physics, and Magecraft and other Mystery-based phenomenon becomes volatile and likely to destroy itself upon use.

The representation of Lancer’s bringing of the modern world to one still amidst the times of Arthurian legend, dismissing the fantastical as essentially non-existent and spreading across Britain modern day infrastructure and technology. One who ‘exposed the nineteenth century to the inspection of the sixth’. Conceptually, it should be an exceedingly powerful Noble Phantasm, but Lancer’s low rank as a Heroic Spirit limits it severely. Usage of its true function is impossible without turning it into a Broken Phantasm, and the backlash of required magical energy consumption is extremely likely to either kill Lancer’s Master through drain or inflict mortal damage to Lancer’s Spirit Core.

‘Rhongomyniad? Sounds vaguely Welsh, what is that? …One of Arthur’s Noble Phantasms, huh. Sorry, never heard of it. Arthur carried around his sword all the time, but I didn’t see him with a lance once while I was in the past. Do you have a reason you asked about it, Master?’

Relationships:

Artoria: ‘Arthur. I never thought I’d see him again, although I was always aware of the possibility when I learned how the throne worked… I’m glad to see him again. Maybe, now, without a kingdom, he’ll be able to find a way to be truly fulfilled.’

Artoria Alter: ‘Arthur, in his aspect as a tyrant. I wish I could say I’m surprised this exists… but no. All kings, at their core, are this. The fact that this side only comes to the front when Arthur’s like this is proof that he has what it takes to be better than the rest.’

Artoria (Archer): ‘…Wait, Arthur’s a woman? …Well, so am I, so I guess that’s, uh… how did I miss this?! …Well, she seems happier now that she’s able to live as a woman. I guess that’s something we have in common.’

Merlin: ‘This feeling… there’s no mistake. He may look different than I remember, but there’s no way I’d ever mistake that bastard Merlin. Keep your guard up, Master. The only real talent that humbug possesses is sucking out the life of those around him for his own amusement and benefit.’

Knights of the Round Table: ‘A familiar face. I didn’t care much for these folks as knights, didn’t really see the value of the whole thing, but as people, I couldn’t help myself from getting attached. I’d like to talk with the lot of them again, but… No, it’s nothing. I’m sure I’ll get around to it sooner or later.’

Lancelot (Saber): ‘What a frustrating reminder. I overlooked it at the time, and I’d be lying to myself if I held him alone accountable… but at the end of the day, if it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t have lost everything. I’d have been able to stay with my family. …You’re okay if I have him shot dead, at least once, right Master?’

Gareth: ‘Is that… it is! Garry, great to see you again! How’s Heroic Spirit life treating you? How’s the wife? Oh, come on, what’s with the face? You’re really telling me that you… you don’t recognize me?’

Mordred: ‘Ah. To think, the role he played, and I don’t even recognize him by face. …If I do manage to go back one day, this’ll be the first thing I change about my approach, I think. Figure out a way to defuse all of this… Camelot’s biggest ticking time-bomb.’

Morgan: ‘I read the records. A magician so powerful, she could even move through time, huh? To think, I just dismissed her as another cruel noble. Maybe, maybe just maybe, she’s the one who brought me there at the start… Funny coincidence with the name, though.’

Gray: ‘That voice… Hey! Kay, are you hiding around here somewhere?! You better show yourself! I hope you don’t think I’ve forgotten you never apologized for chasing me up that tree!’

Nikola Tesla: ‘You were a close friend of Samuel’s, right? Well, I didn’t know him for very long, but I owe a lot to him… Think I can trouble you for some stories about him over some drinks sometime?’

Bond Craft Essence

Deathbed Dream of a World Restored

Source

“Oh, Sandy, you are come at last—how I have longed for you! Sit by me—do not leave me—never leave me again, Sandy, never again. Where is your hand?—give it me, dear, let me hold it—there—now all is well, all is peace, and I am happy again—we are happy again, isn’t it so, Sandy? You are so dim, so vague, you are but a mist, a cloud, but you are here, and that is blessedness sufficient; and I have your hand; don’t take it away—it is for only a little while, I shall not require it long.... Was that the child?... Hello-Central!... she doesn’t answer. Asleep, perhaps? Bring her when she wakes, and let me touch her hands, her face, her hair, and tell her good-bye.... Sandy! Yes, you are there. I lost myself a moment, and I thought you were gone.... Have I been sick long? It must be so; it seems months to me. And such dreams! such strange and awful dreams, Sandy! Dreams that were as real as reality—delirium, of course, but so real! Why, I thought the king was dead, I thought you were in Gaul and couldn’t get home, I thought there was a revolution; in the fantastic frenzy of these dreams, I thought that Clarence and I and a handful of my cadets fought and exterminated the whole chivalry of England! But even that was not the strangest. I seemed to be a creature out of a remote unborn age, centuries hence, and even that was as real as the rest! Yes, I seemed to have flown back out of that age into this of ours, and then forward to it again, and was set down, a stranger and forlorn in that strange England, with an abyss of thirteen centuries yawning between me and you! between me and my home and my friends! between me and all that is dear to me, all that could make life worth the living! It was awful—awfuler than you can ever imagine, Sandy. Ah, watch by me, Sandy—stay by me every moment—don’t let me go out of my mind again; death is nothing, let it come, but not with those dreams, not with the torture of those hideous dreams—I cannot endure that again.... Sandy?...”

‘What do you need, Master?

Ah, the new summon. Yes, it’s quite the charming little story, isn’t it? Funny to think one of the early protagonists of the time travel genre would end up summoned to help you through your own adventure through time, eh?

Ah? ‘Cut the crap’? Now what could you mean by that?

…Yeah, should’ve figured you’d notice it… Hah, fine.

So, this Hank Morgan… A lot of discrepancies between their story and what we know about Britain during the Knights of the Round Table’s time. And if even a quarter of the things they claimed to do actually happened, the Magus community, if not mundane historians, would’ve uncovered archeological evidence.

But even still, the fact that she recognizes the actual Knights, but the Knights don’t recognize her… means there’s a bit more going on than just a person utterly convinced of a fevered delusion, or her actually being a Phantom Spirit. That’s what you pieced together, and the reason you came to me, right?

Alright, so let me set the scene. Late 19th century, I’m still relaxing in my tower, you know how it is. Normally, I find humanity’s stories more interesting the less I get involved… but sometimes, even I want to change the metaphorical channel, see?

So, I happen upon our newest friend, doing factory work. And… well, the appearance, the name, the gender issues… couldn’t help but find myself getting a little nostalgic. Decide to keep an eye on her, and well, got bonked and set into a coma the next day.

So, feeling a bit bad for her, I decided to put together a little thought experiment, and give her something to do so she wasn’t lying around waiting to wake up.

‘What would happen if Camelot had someone like her around at the time?’

So, I put together a dreamscape based on all the memories I had lying around, modified things a little to make things more interesting and better match her expectations, and threw her in. Figured she’d have fun, getting to be the smartest person in the room over the course of this.

And, well, it started well enough… but it might have gone a biiiiit out of control. I probably should’ve pulled the plug before she got married, since she still had a life to go back to when she woke up, but I might’ve gotten a little hands-off with the whole thing after a certain point.

So, I stepped in, sort of pulled together a sequence of events that would give a logical end-point, and booted her out. Recreated the manuscript from the dream and moved her to Britain too, just to avoid discrepancies.

Imagine my surprise when I later found out she happened upon a popular author by chance, and shared her story… then the thing became a bit of a sensation. Wasn’t expecting that, but that sort of unpredictability is the sort of thing I like in humans, so I can’t really complain.

I’m surprised she got to the Throne. Guess I haven’t fully ditched my bad habits as much as I’d like, considering just how badly what I thought was a bit of innocuous dream-weaving changed the direction of her life that much.

She seems to sort of have figured out what’s going on, but she doesn’t want to accept it. It’d mean the life she built for herself, and her family, all never really existed. That’s definitely something people aren’t built to come to terms with.

But who knows? She’s a Heroic Spirit, so she has all the time in the world now. And she hasn’t ditched the spirit her time in that dream awoke in her. So, maybe some day… she’ll accomplish the impossible, and get to be with her wife and daughter again. And now, she’s truly capable of fighting to help save humanity. She can turn those dreams into reality, as long as she holds onto her convictions.

Or maybe that’s just a lazy justification on my part. But even still, if Artoria could eventually manage a happy ending, even with my bad influence… I’d like to believe this woman can too. Guess the resemblance is just that strong, if I feel that way.’
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Creator's Note
    Finding an effective faceclaim when building a Saberface sheet is presumably a nightmare, so I skipped it by just putting together what I was imagining and used that instead. Hopefully doesn't pull away from the sheet's presentation too badly, and reads as a Saberface decently even with the half-baked sketch.

Maybe deviates from the prompt a bit, but I hope the person who submitted it still enjoys this. I ended up sort of approaching the 'wonderful dream' wording with the double meaning in mind, and with how busy the sheet ended up conceptually I'm worried the original 'point' I was supposed to work with ended up buried a little.

[Second Sheet]

‘My name’s Rube. … … …
    Baseball’s pretty popular in Japan, right? Well, I’m pretty good at it, so maybe you’ll find me interesting.’

Source

True Name: George Edward ‘Rube’ Waddell
    Class: Archer
    Other Qualifying Classes: N/A
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: America (20th century)
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Attribute: Man

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: E
    Luck: D
    NP: C+

Dislikes: Alcoholism
    Talent: Throwing
    Natural Enemy: Arsonists
    Armament: Baseball Bat, Baseballs

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance E
    ‘Wait, magic is real?’ was Archer’s reaction when he learned he had this skill. Obtained by virtue of his Class container, not his personal experiences.

Independent Action A
    A free-spirited individual, famed for acting on both his positive and negative impulses with no hesitation throughout his life. Able to exist on his own with little need for support from a Master. He acknowledges the importance of a ‘manager’, even if he himself tends not to take what a ‘manager’ expects of him as particularly important… If it weren’t for this token acknowledgement of the authority others hold, he might even possess this skill at EX rank.

Personal Skills
    Throw (Baseball) A+
    An expertise for throwing projectile weaponry. In this case, baseballs.

‘Is a baseball even a weapon? I mean, it hurts when you get hit by one, but…’

Archer was widely renowned for his talents as a pitcher, one of the strongest of his time and is still acknowledged as ‘one of the greats’ in the modern day. His mastery as a pitcher has been repurposed as a Servant into usage of baseballs as his main means of attack. His talents being further enhanced as a Heroic Spirit means that these projectiles outmatch most firearms in speed and destructive power, able to inflict lethal damage to even Servants on direct hits.

Archer’s accuracy is normally excellent, but he can occasionally miss… simply because he forgets to aim with intent to hit.

‘Muscle memory. You know, since in baseball you’re supposed to avoid beaning people with your pitches.’

Formless Potential D
    A Skill denoting one whose potentials remained unfulfilled before the world. The user's parameters will appear to fluctuate randomly, making them appear much stronger or weaker than they truly are. Their Skill names are also heavily obscured, while its ranks also fluctuate randomly akin to their parameters. The user can choose to divulge information on his true Skills and parameters with his Master at will.

While Archer’s talents were undeniable, his struggles with alcoholism and frequent conflicts with teammates and managers mean that he never fully threw himself into the game, and was traded and dismissed numerous times. He also died young due to tuberculosis. While he still attained great fame and regard for his gameplay, causing this skill to have a low rank, the implicit understanding that Archer never fulfilled his true potential, that he could have become even greater if he didn’t have to contend with outside factors, have granted him this Skill.

Calm and Collected C
    A Skill denoting an existence with a remarkable talent to remain calm no matter the severity of a situation or engagement. Allows one to suppress their emotions and calmly observe their surroundings, and then correctly determine the optimal approach. Additionally grants resistance against mental interference effects.

Archer has many anecdotes about his ability to act undeterred by the stress of a situation. From successfully striking opposing players out at crucial moments, even with runners on base, to preventing a fire at a department store by carrying an overturned, still-burning oil stove out of the building. Indeed, outside influences seem to not faze him in the slightest.

Archer projects a stoic, cool-headed image to those around him, even as he doesn’t really understand why he could come across as abnormal. He is a very emotional person inside, but said emotions are not apparent from his natural outside behaviour and expression. His emotions come to the surface when he is drunk, but…

‘…No way I’m making the mistake of touching that stuff again.’

Bizarre Hobby B
    A nonstandard skill belonging to those whose interests unrelated to their achievements have nonetheless shaped a large portion of their Spirit Origin. While the actions which granted Archer the status of Heroic Spirit were related to baseball, his true passions were known to lie elsewhere. He was said to have left in the middle of some of his games to chase after firetrucks, for which he had a fascination since early childhood, or to go fishing.

The actual functionality of this skill is somewhat unclear, and varies on a case-by-case basis. For Archer, it gives a plus modifier for actions whenever either fishing or firefighting is relevant, whether he is performing one of said interests or is currently primarily motivated by one of said interests.

‘Can we wrap this up? I want to see if the Simulator can recreate a good fishing hole…’

Noble Phantasm(s)
    The Atom Bomb of Baseball
    Strikeout Artist

‘Three pitches. That’s all. Strikeout Artist.’

NP type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~60
    Targets: 1 person

Archer’s talents as one of the best pitchers in baseball history, encapsulated as a Noble Phantasm. Rather than being a single fastball or curveball representing the highest point of Archer’s pitching career, the Noble Phantasm is instead based around his overall remarkable talent for strikeouts. Archer held the title of annual strikeout leader for six straight years in his prime, beating out second place by over a hundred strikeouts in 1903, and he is also the second major-league pitcher recorded to throw an immaculate inning.

This Noble Phantasm, rather than being a single attack, takes the form of three individual pitches which occur concurrently. Each of the three projectiles approach from a wildly different angle and have nearly the exact same speed, making it effectively impossible to block all three consistently, even for Servants in the upper echelons of agility. Unbound from the strict ruleset of the game, Archer’s creativity comes to the surface, and he is adept at using misdirection and environmental factors to ensure that the moment when this Noble Phantasm is activated, he has a strong mental image of how his pitch will force an opponent into a situation where he will manage at least one strike.

As a result of this Noble Phantasm being conceptually tied to the ‘three strikes’ at the core of baseball’s ruleset, each subsequent hit with a projectile applies an exponential positive modifier to damage inflicted. While a single hit is only on the level of a C-rank attack, a true ‘strikeout’ can match top-tier Anti-Unit Noble Phantasms in lethality.

Lore
    George Edward ‘Rube’ Waddell (1876-1914) was a Major League Baseball player of the late 19th and early 20th century. Bearer of remarkable talent, he has fostered a reputation as one of the greatest players of the game in history, having earned a place amidst the Hall of Fame.

Born to a middle class family and raised in the rural community of Prospect, Pennsylvania, Rube was known for his eccentric behaviour even as early as childhood. He rarely attended school, and was said to have wandered off for several days when he was only three to visit the local fire station. Nonetheless, he possessed a strong level of work ethic, chasing birds away from his family’s land by throwing rocks and helping with his father’s work on mining sites.

Rube’s natural talents for baseball were only matched by his reputation for eccentricity. He frequently clashed with his managers early in his careers as a result of his unpredictable behaviour, and he was known to have lived a truly strange life. He was said to have gotten into fights with alligators and lions, he spent time as a headlining actor in a critically-acclaimed melodrama, and saved several people’s lives from both drowning and fires. His behaviour endeared him to his fans, but resulted in conflicts with his teammates and managers. He became a bastion of modern-day folklore, with many stories in which the line between fact and fiction blurred, even as his personal life suffered beneath it all.

Rube’s alcoholism and erraticism had a detrimental effect on his relationships over his life. He was known to have married three times, with each marriage imploding on unamicable terms and catastrophically. He was separated from his second wife within less than a year. He was known to be quick to resort to violence as a result of his drinking problems, and he alienated many of his friendships with teammates as a result of his behaviour. Eventually, he was ousted from the major leagues despite continued success, and spent the last few years of his life continuing to work in the minor leagues. In 1912 and 1913, he helped save the city of Hickman, Kentucky from devasting floods, catching pneumonia both times as a result. His health degraded over the last few years of his life, and he died in 1914 in a sanitarium from ongoing complications. He was only 37 years old.

Description
    Archer’s odd personality in life seems unaltered by his summoning as a Servant, with him being foremost a stoic and blunt individual. He doesn’t take his contract as a Servant particularly seriously, preferring to keep to himself and do what he can to be helpful to other people generally rather than stay alongside his Master. His personality and behaviour were noted by some modern commentators as possibly being symptomatic of some form of disorder, such as autism or attention deficit disorder, and while the validity of that is unclear, Archer certainly acts in a way which differs greatly from ‘normal people’.

Archer doesn’t have any grand ambitions or regrets from life he wants to change. Rather, his primary objective with his manifestation seems to be just to pick up where he left off. He strictly avoids alcohol, knowing how it informed his worst moments and mistakes in life, and he would much rather go fishing than fight for the Holy Grail.

Archer is not stupid or uncompassionate, despite his reputation. Rather, he simply struggles to express himself clearly to other people. His free-spirited nature means he is primed to be exceedingly incompatible with most mages which summon him, but amongst those with a kinder nature, and who manage to adapt to him, they will learn to see him as a man who wants to live peacefully and help the people around him, and more than anything hopes those who came after him have managed to learn from his mistakes.

Relationships
    EMIYA: ‘You can use your magic spells to create fishing rods out of nothing? That’s pretty cool, if I had something like that, I wouldn’t have needed to play baseball at all. Want to head out together sometime? I know some pretty good spots.’

Sei Shounagon: ‘Oh, her? Yeah, we hit it off pretty well. We both know what’s it like to say something, or well, write something, without thinking it through first and ending up being needlessly hurtful or embarrassing. I don’t get why she’s an Archer though… I wouldn’t think throwing things is good enough to count for the class.’

Ibaraki-Douji: *wordlessly sprays with fire extinguisher*

James Moriarty: ‘See, you can tell he’s evil because he’s both smart enough to know what he’s doing and is selling people alcohol.’

Creator's Notes
    I just wanna grill fish for God's sake

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that I am in AWE of these sheets! I mean srsly all of you pulled out such amazing stuff!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 24
    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier…:
    A servant who was known for being a Spy of some fashion. Their profession does not have to be that, and they don't even have to be good at being a Spy; as long as the servant committed espionage and that is the focus of their sheet, then they count for this prompt.

Please Don't Ask About the Moon:
    A servant having to do something with the Moon Cell. It can be something like a mythology tie to the moon causing a relationship with the Moon Cell. It could also be something like a servant (or mage) that was summoned (or brought over) to the Moon Cell being undergoing a major change due to it. Or maybe it's just a servant that works for the Moon Cell in some way (like Archimedes). Any of these and anywhere in between works for this prompt.

Nasu Can't Read a Map:
    A servant from Central America, however, we'll do something that Nasu doesn't do. We'll make an excuse for why said character would be summoned in or have a connection to South America. It can be anything from something simple as "Aztec god is the same as Incan God" to a more complicated explanation. Let your minds run as wild as the Amazon.

Class: Saber
    True Name: Caleb

STR: B
    CON: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: D
    NP: B

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (A): Cancels spells of A-Rank or below. Mysteries practiced by the children of Abraham, such as Kabbalah
    and Church Sacraments, are an exception, as this Skill is born from Saber's faith in God.

Riding (C): Saber can handle most mundane vehicles and mounts if they have received the proper training and adjustments.
    However, Phantasmal races are far beyond his ability. Saber's rank in this Skill is quite low for his class, as he has no
    anecdotes of riding anything special or worth mentioning.

Independent Action (A): It becomes possible for Saber to remain materialized for about a week at most, even without
    Magical Energy supply from his Master. A Skill derived from Caleb's mission as a Hebrew spy in the land of Canaan,
    and his refusal to corroborate in the unfavorable report given by his fellow spies upon their return.

Personal Skills

Disengage (C+): Bonus effect of returning battle conditions to what they were at the beginning of the match and
    restores the condition of this Skill to the initial value. Gains a Rank-Up when facing enemies larger than oneself. Saber
    used this Skill to its fullest extent while spying on the land of Canaan and its inhabitants, which numbered among them
    the post-diluvian giants called Anakim.

Protection of the Faith (A+): Absoluteness of body and mind born from one's beliefs. Saber resists all but the most
    powerful forms of mental interference, but his ability to multitask suffers in exchange.

Sword of Castigating Resolve (C-): Caleb of Jephunneh's sword, which he drew in an attempt to rouse his fellow spies'
    faltering spirits. So long as the sword is unsheathed, Saber's allies receive the effects of Charisma of the same rank as this Skill,
    and the enemy suffers intense mental pressure born from Saber's unyielding will.

Noble Phantasm

Adonai Spring Up ~ O' Lord in Heaven, Let Thy Favor Be Revealed
    B-rank Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm

The embodiment of Caleb of Jephunneh's conquests, his pilgrimage to the tombs of the Hebrew patriarchs at Canaan, and the
    nature of his daughter Achsah's dowry. Within 30 turns of invoking this Noble Phantasm, Saber temporarily gains access to
    the Mana Burst skill at B rank. His attacks also have a higher chance of striking a vital point and causing his enemies to
    rapidly lose their vital fluids; the critical hit chance and bleed rate increase when facing especially-large enemies.

Although this Noble Phantasm is mainly used to incapacitate enemies through vital fluid loss, it can also be employed to
    efficiently reveal water sources by striking the land itself.

Overview
    Background

In the Old Testament, Caleb was one of the spies sent by Moses from Kadesh-barnea in southern Palestine to reconnoitre
    the land of Canaan. Only Caleb and Joshua advised the Hebrews to proceed immediately to take the land. For his faith, Caleb was
    rewarded with the promise that he and his descendants should possess it. Subsequently Caleb settled in Hebron (formerly Kiriath-arba),
    after driving out the three sons of Anak. Caleb gave his daughter Achsah to Othniel, his nephew, who took nearby Debir.

Character

Saber is a taciturn, no-nonsense warrior who lets his achievements speak for themselves. He can be quite blunt with his words and
    inflexible with his methods, but he believes that this approach is better than trying to sugarcoat the truth or experiment with
    untested solutions. He is aware that his blend of bullheadedness and steadfast faith is branded by those of the modern era as
    "extremism", "fanaticism", and "zealotry", but he doesn't understand how any of those words could be insulting.

What does get under Saber's skin, however, is calling him "blind" or "naive". Caleb of Jephunneh's profound faith in God--
    the most valuable thing he has-- was not the result of disregarding the question of whether or not God acts in the world
    and going with the popular answer; but the exact opposite; if his former comrades are to be believed, he thought it was
    the only mystery worth considering.

As a Servant, all of Saber's actions is rooted in his conclusion that "God really does care about us". He recognizes the miracles
    God worked for and throuh him in Canaan, so his wish is naturally "to continue defending and encouraging God's chosen people".
    Surprisingly, he still has to take some time getting used to the knowledge that the criteria for being part of the chosen people
    changed somewhat from the time when he was alive.

Relationships

Master

Saber's ideal Master is one who shares in his beliefs, or at least one who can appear to do so. Otherwise, the inevitable values
    difference might spiral out of control considering Saber's headstrong and independent nature.

Mandricardo
    "I don't understand well how this sort of thing works, but... You're part of the Lord's chosen people too, so lift your head high!"

David
    "Oi, descendant of mine! You're a chosen of the Lord, so you'd better start acting like it!"

Cu Chulainn
    "Huh... He's the what of Culann, again?"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My Not-Assassin Spy Can't Be This Cute!
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pool 23:
    Dang, who woulda thunk we'd see an isekai protag here?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 25
    King of Games
    The throne of heroes has shown that it holds many a 'King' when it comes to heroic spirits, from the King of Conquerors to the King of Kings. How about a bit of a strange addition? This prompt calls for those with notable connections to various games, whether things like card games and chess, or larger things like war games and the Olympics, to be summoned with those connections as their main feature.

Horror Movie Villain
    Perhaps more a prompt for anti-heroes, but I'm not going to stop you if you find a path otherwise. Whether a slasher film or a psychological horror movie, the villains of this particular genre hold a certain aura about them. The hope is for you to find, or form, a suitable servant whose particular personality and load out could have them stand amongst the greatest examples of this genre's antagonists.

A Mage Forevermore
    Much like Paracelsius or Helena Blavatsky, some historical servants are recast as mages within the works of Type Moon. Such connections create a second side to a servant that makes one need to consider their public actions repercussions on the world of magic. Whether history recorded them as some form of mage, or they were thought of as something wholly unconnected, this prompt wants to see what connections and effects a servants life had on both sides of the world, public and magical.

This is so sad.

Mnemosyne, play I Know Him So Well.

p
    l a y e r
    BOBBY FISCHER
    the machine-minded grandmaster

First Ascension
    Final Ascension

ALTERNATE CLASSES
    Teacher, Berserker
    ALIGNMENT
    Neutral Evil

IMAGE VA
    Uchida Yuuma
    IMAGE SONG
    I'm Gonna Win / Two Sides of the Same Coin
    Winning, praise, puzzles, sleep, Mexican comic books
    DISLIKES
    Opposition, losing, disrespect, other people
    NATURAL ENEMY
    Francis Drake

STR E
    END E
    AGI E
    MAG D
    LUK A

« Lore »Lore
    Robert James Fischer, better known to the masses as Bobby Fischer, was the American-born World Chess Champion from 1972-1975, a legendary grandmaster who swept the chess scene from the age of fourteen, breaking records and making headlines with his exacting style of play. The man’s legend, in the modern era, is one of two halves. The brilliant, inspiring champion who rose up from the most humble of beginnings, who threw himself into chess with a passion few could ever imitate and, in a match that shocked the world, stole the Soviet championship crown smack in the middle of the Cold War. A grandmaster the likes of which only appears once a generation, such was his impact on opening theory, his efforts at improving the prestige of the game he so adored. And yet... So too is there the legacy of his later years when, having put distance between himself and chess, Fischer fell into a disturbed state of mind, a paranoid mess who spouted vile anti-Semitic talking points and applauded the deaths of his countrymen. A disgrace such that many found it difficult to mourn the man when he finally passed.

This incarnation as a Player can, in a sense, be considered the 「core」of Fischer's legend, the elegant grandmaster with a difficult personality. Purging anything but dedication to the game as irrelevant junk data, the Player class - combining the Ruler's sense of neutrality with a Berserker's single-mindedness - thus manifests a Fischer in his youth, a Bobby Fischer Lily whose dedication to chess is at its most pure, untouched by worldly concerns or his inevitable descent into mania. The lonely king driven by hunger, devouring any willing to make the effort to best him.

"Great, now we've got all the formalities out of the way, I'll take this chance to make a few things clear. This Master, War, preserving humanity bullcrap? Doesn't mean a thing to me. Don't get me wrong, I'll fight; chess needs humanity like humanity needs chess or hell, something to do with their lives that proves we deserve saving, but don't ask anything more, you hear me? I accepted the summons for one reason only. I'm sure you can figure it out. I'm a Player, I play. I'm here for a good game, but for now, I guess you'll have to do. C'mon, I'll even let you play white. Make it through a match without looking like a total sucker, and I'll help you out."

« Class Skills »Class Skills
    Board Establishment A
    Other board games, such as Trouble and Sorry, were also problematic: If a touch of bad luck stymied his plans, he became angry and would abandon the game. Ultimately, he rejected all games of chance."
    “Chess is war over the board. The object is to crush the opponent's mind.”

A class skill of Player Servants, Heroic Spirits of Games. Be it the court, the board, the contest hall, the ring, no Player is complete without an area to demonstrate their skills, and this particular Player is no different.

Allows for the creation of a 「Contest Hall,」which is superior to a Lecture Hall. Board Establishment in appearance is similar to the Territory Creation used by Caster-class Servants, with the noticeable twist that rather than creating a territory for themselves, Player Servants surrender a territory to the game that they represent. Within Player’s Concert Hall, chess itself as Fischer envisions it reigns supreme, such that not even the Servant has an advantage.

And why would he need one, after all?

The timing system invented by Fischer that was adopted for modern use. The lighting conditions and seating he insisted upon for his games. And most important of all, the complete elimination of any and all forms of 「chance」 from the competition.

Within Player’s Concert Hall, all Luck parameters are automatically set to 「X.」If an individual is suffering from a negative effect that would impact their play, it is temporarily removed. Even if an attack were to be launched against a person inside, it could be ignored for as long as one continues to play. Here, there are no off-days, no bad moods, not a single factor that can disturb Player’s game. Only pure skill, as expressed in the game of kings. Nothing but the board, and there will Player see any opponent who dares sit across from him conquered.

"It's not my style to mix words, so you know what, let's get this out of the way: You suck. Even more than I was expecting, and frankly, I didn't think you could pull that off. I'm not just talking about chess here, either; your tactics suck, you trying to bluff me sucks, the way you can't even commit to a strategy sucks. We're putting a stop to me calling you Master already, I don't listen to weakies. Now -- Where do you think you're going. Oh, no. Set the board up again. If I'm stuck with you, then we'll keep going until you prove you're not a total failure. Hurry up, already, and try not to be so damned obvious this time. There's no-one to blame but yourself when you lose, too, so wipe that sad look off your face and improve."

Our Spirits Clash! X
    "They have nothing on me, those guys. They can't even touch me. Some people rate them better than me. That really bugs me. They think that no Americans play chess. When I meet those Russian patzers I'll put them in their place."
    "When I was eleven, I just got good.”

Another Class skill of Player Servants, relating to the idea of rivals.

This is, however, not a concept Fischer has any understanding of, resulting in the skill being sealed. He will never acknowledge anyone as his equal and, even were an opponent to rise to his exacting standards, he will simply devote himself to outmatching them without acknowledgement. The most egotistical player, starving without end.

"Distracted again? That's death here, just like out there on the battlefield, so you'd be wise to keep that in mind. You know what I think of the suckers who try to challenge me? Here's the thing: I don't. Maybe I'll take a good hard look at them before the game starts, hell, maybe I even brush up on their style before we sit down, but once we do, they're not a player anymore. They're just a puzzle some bozo laid out on the table for me, so I don't gotta think too hard about it; don't ask why the puzzle's there, if the puzzle has family, if handling the pieces too hard might hurt the puzzle's precious fee-fees. Just solve it and move on. You learn to approach me the same way, maybe you'll last another minute - but it's not how you do things, and that's why you're just another weakie."

« Personal Skills »Personal Skills
    Grandmaster EX
    "The neurons of Bobby’s brain seemed to absorb the limitations and possibilities of each piece in any given position, storing them for future reference. They remained there, tucked into his memory, deep within a cave of abstract thoughts: information and ideas about pawns and squares to be used, discarded, or ignored—all in perfect cadence and synchronicity."
    “I am the best player in the world and I am here to prove it.”

The skill given to those who, recognised or no, achieved the status of chess grandmaster.

A measure of both the Servant’s contributions to the game, and the depths of their feelings towards it – and in both fields alike is he without peer. In the 20th century there are few, hardly any, perhaps none who can contest Bobby Fischer’s contributions to the current state of chess, the man described by Gasparov and the like as the world’s first true chess professional.

The man who fought for improved playing conditions, for fairer regulations, opposed what he perceived as corruption, increased the prestige of chess in America and paved the way for his peers to make a living on chess alone – not out of any love for his fellow man, but sheer love of the game, and his ability to dominate within it. Indeed, the fact multiple Soviet players once conspired to brainstorm a counter to Fischer's strategies and still failed to prevent him from claiming the champion title is a badge of pride none will ever take from him.

Even today, Fischer’s 60 Memorable Games remains a foundational text for any aspiring player, his opening theories as yet unrefuted, his ever-attacking, ever-advancing style of play that adapted to break apart the enemy formation and strike at their heart still a shining beacon to players everywhere.

Allows for the summoning of 「familiars」fashioned after chess pieces, each several stories tall, that can be controlled for so long as Player holds his chess board. Knights that simply bypass fortifications, bishops that attack the enemy’s very spirit, pawns deployed en masse, a king that will ensure Player’s survival through anything so long as it is protected – all are within his means. Even in his lifetime, Fischer's style became known as exceptionally exquisite, almost like crystal, transparent in its consistency yet unbreakable in its approach. A constant offense without cracks, adapting new patterns of attack whenever the enemy manages to sustain a defence.

While the Player class is a representation of humanity’s more civilised urges, they are in turn its defenders. Employing a game fashioned after battlefields as a tool of combat is no contradiction.

"As for the idiots who came after my crown, honestly? If it was just the title they wanted, they could have it. It was never about the fame, or the money, or all that other crap about national pride, not when you get right down to the heart of it. I lived a good life, and I never needed a piece of paper or a trophy to tell me how good I was. I already know I'm the best, suckers. I just can't stand idiots who can't get that through their heads, so I went and proved it to them before they got too full of themselves. The best part of becoming a grandmaster wasn't getting a title I already knew I deserved, it was being able to rub it in the faces of everyone who thought I didn't."

Determination of Steel B-
    "I must warn Spassky that Fischer is armed with all the new ideas in chess. As soon as Fischer gains even the slightest advantage, he begins playing like a machine."
    “A strong memory, concentration, imagination, and a strong will.”

The unwavering force of will that catapulted a boy of humble origins to the American championship before he’d even made it out of his teens, never once doubting himself or his principles, never once wavering from his pursuit of all-encompassing perfection. Even at the age of seven when Fischer first walked into the Brooklyn Chess Club – and what a sight a small child must have been – he endured his countless defeats from the more experienced players, quietly seething within whilst building up in his head a repertoire of new strategies.

A boy played against himself, turning the board over and over and envisioning himself as his own opponent, forcing his mindset to adapt to countering his own gameplan. Who read whatever chess literature he could get his hands on and experimented with his openings at every meal and for hours before bed, to the point his childhood chess set became literally encrusted with crumbs. Who actively dreamed about chess nearly every night of his childhood, recasting his games as murder mysteries and the like for him to solve.

The young Fischer, not yet consumed by the decaying mentality of his Teacher and Berserker incarnations, retains in his mind a single-minded determination to ascend to the very peak – and crush underfoot whatever gets in his way. With an almost mechanical precision, he dismantles his opponent without sentiment, identifies the flaws in their approach, and immediately sets to pressing his advantage.

His focus was such that for a time, it was whispered that Fischer must possess a form of hypnosis, the way an opponent meeting his eye from across the board seemed to sap their spirit and only bolster his own – a nonsensical rumour, but one any who try to combat him must give credence to, catching a glimpse of the calculations going on behind that hollowsunk gaze.

Even outside the bounds of his Contest Hall and its various protections, nothing can sway Player once he sinks into this competitive mindset.

The thing his eyes exist only to perceive…
    The thing his hands exist only to seize…
    The thing his feet exist only to chase…
    That surely is 「victory.」

"If you can't do whatever it takes to win, you won't -- can't help feeling weird, every time I realise not everyone understands that the way I do, like you're all ants or monkeys or something, and then I end up feeling like an idiot for trying to talk on your level. See the move you made here? It's awful, no two ways about it, but you don't get that, you can't see that, like I can. I don't do advice, but I guess... Look at it this way. You think chess is a two-player game, don't you? Hell, maybe it is, for people like you, but not me; a two-player game implies the other guy's got a chance, and he ain't, if I'm player one. I'm guaranteed to win if I play well, and if I lose, it's all on me, nothing to do with whatever they did. It's single-player, and I'm playing to win."

T
    o the Top B

"When Fischer thinks he is right, no compromises are possible - even if the consequences inflict the most harm on himself."
    "The most individualistic, intransigent, uncommunicative, uncooperative, solitary, self-contained and independent chess master of all time, the loneliest chess champion in the world. He is also the strongest player in the world. In fact, the strongest player who ever lived.”

Ambition, drive, the will to do whatever’s required to stand at the pinnacle. While it provides a similar function to Determination of Steel, blocking off mental interference, at this point it more resembles a curse. Or in short, a massive ego.

The 「other」side of Fischer’s competitive mindset, that he carried even as a child. The very same quality that make him strong – that unyielding disposition – is in turn his weakness. Instead of principled, obtuse and pedantic. Instead of inquisitive, nosy and ill-mannered. Instead of tenacious, stubborn and petty. In the end more than any other who faced him down, Bobby Fischer was, and remains, his own worst enemy.

The boy who learned his prime numbers before reaching six but refused even in his teens to commit a single multiplication table to memory, who insisted upon setting his own bed time each night, who’d throw tantrums at length if his meals weren’t prepared just right. Destined to become the man who’ll grouse over the most miniscule details in his seating arrangements, who’ll demand total strangers fall in line with his schedule – who will one day in a truly spectacular feat of self-sabotage abandon a key game of his career, refuse to defend his title, and withdraw from public life as he spirals into a state of staggering mental instability.

The younger Player may not have yet reached that stage, but the beginnings are still there, of the Bobby Fischer who descended into paranoia, anti-Semitism, fascist rhetoric and nigh misanthropy as he tarnished his own name. The loneliest, strongest champion, trying to connect while abhorring connections. Like an oncoming storm, he cannot divorce himself from this disgrace tied to his legend.

Player’s protection against external influences remains strong, but even in this class the internal conflicts presented by his own exacting personality are inescapable. The moment anything doesn’t go his way, there is the possibility his focus will slip, his heart and mind alike thrown into disarray. Everything must proceed exactly as he desires, or he’s like to lose control of himself.

He is the king, after all. Why should he tolerate anything less than perfection?

“I’ve drawn my boundaries. Don’t go out of your way to tick me off, and we’ll get along just swell. .... Losing even faster than last time is definitely pushing it, though. Didn't you want my help, to be my Master? Then quit whining and start thinking about winning.”

« Noble Phantasms »Chess960
    To Impose Talent on Tradition
    Rank C
    Anti-Army

"I object to being called a chess genius because I consider myself to be an all around genius who just happens to play chess, which is rather different.."
    "I love chess, and I didn't invent Fischerandom chess to destroy chess. I invented Fischerandom chess to keep chess going. Because I consider the old chess is dying, it really is dead. I want to keep the old chess flavor. I want to keep the old chess game.”

Also known as Fischer random chess. A man’s solution to the oncoming disaster set to strike his beloved game.

The problem was time. In the days of old, chess was an indulgence. But now there were people who devoured the game, breathed it, lived on chess alone – where once theory was as-yet undeveloped and strategy sat in its infancy, the rise of the outright chess fanatic meant games were pored over, every detail pondered over and scrutinised, every potential opening and move analysed past the point of absurdity. Plays that may have emerged eventually over the course of years were discovered in months, weeks. Strategy began to give way to calculation, ability suppressed by the superiority of simple rote memorisation. The best chess player would one day not be the man with the greatest skill, but simply the man most well-read, most mindless, executing moves with all the understanding of an insensate computational engine.

To Fischer, chess as a solved game was a matter of inevitability. One mired in horror.

Hence the creation of his random chess variant. Following a carefully-planned method of shuffling, the pieces are rearranged before the start of the game, throwing a spanner into the works of conventional chess theory – the name Chess960 derives from the fact that there are a grand total of nine-hundred and sixty potential initial board states, making memorising a particular opening or approach before the game begins all but impossible. Here they would be only skill, only creativity, only the much-fabled player expression.

“Before you say anything, no, there's no hypocrisy between hating games of chance and coming up with this. Not a single board state has any advantage over the others. There are no unwinnable games, to put it to you straight, just players who can’t win, so if you instead of crying your little heart out over RNG, apply yourself more and get good already, or get out of my face.”

To deploy this Noble Phantasm, Fischer must first obtain the true names of his targets, along with a through understanding of their strategic abilities, for it was only through possessing the deepest knowledge of chess and its inner workings that Fischer had the capability, had the right to alter it.

By invoking the principles of his variant, Player is able to perform a 「shuffle」of the strengths, weaknesses, and locations of all combatants within his Contest Hall. To use a certain war as the baseline… The blessing of twelve resurrections is lost to the child of light, an immunity to projectiles to the fool who imagines himself a hero. A paralysing gaze distributed to a gate-bound swordsman, the contract-breaking blade to a false attendant, and so on. Anything of practical value, be it parameters, skills, even a hero’s Noble Phantasms – are redistributed among Player’s targets for so long as they remain in the bounds of his territory, such that while may not initially appear so, no single combatant or faction will have a meaningful advantage.

A feat that can only be accomplished by Fischer in the Player class, where the very spirit of chess itself, having chosen him as its representative, provides the absurd quantities of mana required to support the redistribution.

"Now.... I guess the time has come.
    What a waste of my time.
    Look at me, fish, sucker, failure.
    Look deep into my eyes,
    and know the face of the man who conquered you.
    After all, this really was the..."

Match of the Century
    Hear Loud a Knell, Hail the New King
    Rank C
    Anti-Army

“I think the reason you look at these matches probably was not so much the chess factor but to the political element, which was inevitable because in the Soviet Union, chess was treated by the Soviet authorities as a very important and useful ideological tool to demonstrate the intellectual superiority of the Soviet communist regime over the decadent West.”
    "The story of a lonely hero who overcomes an entire empire".

The World Chess Championship. In a shocking turn of events, Bobby Fischer, the young upstart from America, defeats Soviet Boris Spassky, ascending to the position of World Champion.

Unseating over twenty years of Soviet domination over the game, the significance to the so-called Match of the Century cannot be overstated – for this was a game in the midst of the Cold War, that enduring struggle between the Americans and the Soviets for even the slightest sense of supremacy between their peoples, thus regardless of Fischer’s indifference did so much more take place off of the board.

The results of the match were covered in news bulletins around the world, chess experts dissecting and explaining each day’s play. Chess had never received so much excited interest, and perhaps never would again. It was a clash of ideologies and personalities as well as of grandmasters. For his accomplishments, Fischer became an overnight celebrity, festivities held in his honour, his name and face on the front cover of magazines, offers of sponsorship coming in totalling millions of dollars. It was the highlight of Fischer’s career – and, for quite some time, seemingly its end, after a Fischer disgusted with the entire affair went into retirement.

As the defining game of Fischer’s life, the Noble Phantasm embodying it is one that follows him regardless of class. Triggering whenever Player achieves victory against an opponent in any game of their choice, it can be considered a 「declaration of dominance.」No-one could have seriously imagined at the time of Fischer’s fateful match that an American might seize the crown, not after all the blood sweat and years the Soviets had sunk into their cultural image, of themselves as a nation of artistic intellectuals and the Americans as a rowdy bunch of uninspired swine. It was a paradigm shift, a victory of nations.

The moment Player defeats an opponent, then, is not just any triumph, but a direct attack on their very culture. A harsh affirmation imbued with the concepts both of 「my tribe is superior」and 「your tribe is inferior.」

An intense demoralising effect that can take weeks to shake off. If the opponent has any means of creating or establishing territory, that ability is immediately sealed, any space they have already claimed ceded to his Contest Hall. More than that, as their culture has been demonstrated as lesser, any Noble Phantasms or skills rooted in said culture – a steed bearing the dignity of the French monarchy, or the principles of Japanese writing – are seized, stripped of their value, and bestowed upon Player’s chess piece familiars. Fischer, after all, did not simply destroy the Soviet crown, but took it for his own.

And as the king of the game of kings, surely a crown fits him best.

« Craft Essence »Endgame

1. e4 e5
    I'm shocked. You really are improving.
    2. Qh5 Nc6
    Give it another year or so, and I might seriously have to start fighting at your side.
    3. Bc4 Nf6??
    Your tactics still suck, though. And you won't be winning anything with an attitude like that.
    4. Qxf7#
    .................................................. ......
    Fuck you. Rematch.

« Sources »
    Ascension arts by JG_Yoru.
    CE art by min.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    MMMMMMMM [Douman voice] This one hits the spot.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 26
    Fanmade Classes
    Create a Servant of a fanmade class (Lover, Binder, Stranger, Hammer, etc.)
    As an alternative, make a canon Class that was influenced by a Bleast Lair creator. (pinetree's or NMR-3's Gatekeeper interpretation, metaphysical journey Voyager and 'threat toward the stars' MoonCancer from DelRey)

Ignored Myths
    It is not a secret that FGO and modern media have a bias towards certain mythologies. Show them how it is done! Give us a mytholigical figure from a rarely utilized pantheon! Give us Brazil, Yoruba, Slavic, North-American, Inuit, Australian or whatever!

Colors!
    Dive into the history of colors! Painters are an obvious choice, but ever considered how their paint was created? The cultural consequences of them? Colors also express someone's standing. Some were called "The Red" or "Golden King". As long the focus of the sheet is involved with colors, it is cool.

Class: Stranger
    Other Class: Ruler, Berserker, Assassin
    True Name: Judas Iscariot
    Titles: The Traitorous Apostle
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Region of Origin: Middle East

Height: 5'8
    Weight: 72kg
    Dislikes: Abrahamic Religion, Rome, Scholars
    Talents: Bookkeeping, Preaching, Lying
    Armaments: A dagger, moneybox

Parameters:
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Mana: B
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Who am I?Who am I?

My fellow apostles… some called me possessed. That I knew nothing of my actions and that the control of my life was ripped from me by a demon. The greatest of hell himself. I wasn’t a greedy man, just a puppet on strings that was guided by malevolence itself. That I was no more sane than any other we'd met with such an affliction, like Legion or Lilith. A raving beast whose erratic actions led to our saviour's death. A Berserker, if you will…

Cassandra's Fate: B

Judas first personal skill that represents one's ability to prevent future sight and clairvoyance from saving someone from a fate induced by the wielder. The higher one's level in this skill, the harder it is for one to produce enough ripples to eliminate the outcome. At this level, it requires a large number of luck checks with difficulty equal to this skill rank, and substantial action, to be able to avoid anything shown by precognition.

Judas, despite being known that he would betray the Christ, was not impeded in any way from doing so. This eventually led to the death of Jesus, despite the apostles' hopes to avoid such a fate. Judas might have a higher rank of this skill, if the prevailing theory that he was able to betray Jesus because it was required, and so no action was attempted to counter it, did not exist. As it does, this skill has this rank.

Stone Heart: A-

Judas second personal skill, and a skill that shows the difficulty to change one's perception. It essentially works as an anti-mental interference skill that increases this difficulty of inducing effects that would fall under that category. At this rank, it is incredibly difficult to induce any such effect on Judas, although his resistance is significantly weaker when faced with such effects coming from a Christianity aligned source.

This skill comes from the perception of Judas as a hard headed, unyielding person who did not take any of the Christ's teaching upon him. Instead, he continued to walk his path without self reflection, going so far as to sell out his teacher. Whilst this idea is not completely correct, it's popularity has induces an extremely high level of this skill. It's only weakness is the recorded guilt Judas felt after the results of his actions that lead to his suicide. This has induced a weakness to mental changed from Christian aligned sources, as they have the concept of affecting him, even if at a delayed rate.

Judas Price: Thirty Pieces of Silver, an Eternal Redemption for All
    Anti-Redemption: E-EX
    Targets: Variable
    Range: Variable

A noble phantasm that Judas can never part with, much to his regret. Iscariot's first noble phantasm is the thirty silver coins that he received for betraying the Christ, a party of his legend that is present no matter the interpretation of it you take.

Whilst not physically stained by Jesus's blood like the main holy relics of the crucifixion, these coins are just as conceptually tied to it as those other items. This gives the thirty coins that make up Judas Price a weak regenerative effect that increases the more of them a person owns. However, this effect would barely equate to an E rank phantasm when all thirty are gathered, and is not the true use of this phantasm.

Just like any currency, this phantasm's true use is when a coin is spent, or to be more accurate, used like a broken phantasm.

By breaking each coin, Judas is able to echo that which the Christ paid for, that being all the sins of mankind. By breaking the coin, aka paying part of the price, Judas is able to bring forth an effect ranging from E to EX rank in strength, one for each coin. However, there is a risk to this.

One interpretation of Judas's death has him cursed and afflicted by God.

So, as each coin is broken, the act of Judas selling out Jesus is reenacted. This conceptual reenactment comes with the chance of Judas being cursed and dying. At E rank, the chance is negligible, however it exponentially grows until it is a certainty if he uses an EX rank effect.

In the end, the greatest power only comes to pass with Judas death, just as it was when he was alive.

But that isn't right.But that isn't right.

Some of my other fellows called me the archetypical Jew. An old wineskin who was bursting from the new Gospel being poured into me. A stiffnecked man whose heart probably gives coal a run on how black it was, and who stole from our ministry for his own purposes under the guise of charity. Was my greed so great I sold out the son of man for a bag of coins?... nonetheless a traitor, and an Assassin, in function, if not in name.

Golden Rule(Treachery): D

Judas third personal skill, a variant of the golden rule skill that ensures that one will profit from treacherous actions. While it does not protect the wielder from other consequences of betraying someone, such as grudges or loss of other allies, it ensures that such acts will never be financially harmful to the user, and instead increase their coffers. At this rank this skill will ensure that Judas would always gain a sizable amount of money in terms of a small group of people.

Whilst most famously Judas gained thirty pieces of silver in exchange for betraying Jesus to the religious leaders of the Jews, he is also noted to have been the keeper of the Apostles moneybox. It is also recorded that he would occasionally steal from it under the guise of charitable actions. However, whilst the funds he gained were sizable for a single person, it was never on the scale of some users of this skill.

Traitor in Yellow: EX

Traitor in yellow is both a skill unique to Judas, and his fourth personal skill. Based off of the tendency for renaissance painters to depict Judas in yellow garb to signal him as the traitor, it grants Judas a shape-shifting skill, which at this rank is capable of achieving literally any form, including other people, demons, and other inhuman forms. The restriction of course being that a significant and notable feature of the form be yellow.

However, the reason that this is not simply classified as the Shapeshifting(Yellow) skill is its secondary aspect. Whilst transformed, Judas gives off a constant aura that causes everyone in a fair area around himself to think that everyone in the area has traitorous intentions of them, causing a fair amount of havoc. It requires a very high level of resistance to mental interferences interferences resist.

Eayn Yahudha: The World Captured in the Yellow Traitors Eyes
    Anti-Unit(Self): C
    Targets: 1

An odd phantasm that, whilst its effects are present in all forms of Judas, is only truly crystalised in this summoning. Eayn Yahudha is the second noble phantasm of Judas, and is a crystallisation of scholarly efforts to figure out why one of the apostles would betray christ.

It manifests as a pair of yellow mystic eyes that grant two main features to Judas. This first, and most valuable, is the ability to look at any situation with a countless number of viewpoints simultaneously, an interpretation of the many explanations and reasonings applied to try to explain Judas’s actions. This allows him to easily break down any situation and figure out the best way to go forward. However, all these viewpoints are tainted by a malicious intention, limiting the overall applicability of this phantasm.

The second, and more restrictive use, is that if Judas focuses down to a single other viewpoint, he can gain the circumstances required to make that viewpoint valid, such as skills that would affect his viewpoint. However, using it this way can temporarily distort his personality, an event that can be dangerous to his allies.

Yet that doesn't hit the mark either.Yet that doesn't hit the mark either.

I… don't know if any of my fellows thought this… but could I have been faithful? The son was meant to to die, and yet non understood but I. I did his will, trying to help bring about his purpose in the only way I knew how. Maybe even how he instructed me too. I was no traitor, no mad man. I was a visionary! The only student who truly understood, and my actions were just as God directed as any Saint, any Ruler could ever hope for!

Apostle of the Christ(Fake): B

A skill that can be called an upgraded form of the Saint skill, and Judas's fifth personal skill. Under normal circumstances, this skill would grant all the benefits of the Saint skill, alongside all its benefits, as well as the revelation skill. However, as Judas holds the fake form of the skill, the revelation skill is replaced by the clairvoyance skill.

Judas is unique in his possession of this skill due to his position. Due to having been an apostle, and later being removed from the twelve, he possesses the fake variation of the skill. Normally, if one claimed to be an apostle and never was one, they would have this skill with the False classification, which would cause it to grant different benefits.

Miracle: C

Judas sixth and final personal skill, one that acts in the function in making the impossible into the realisable. While similar in function to other skills, such as Pioneer of the Stars, it has a very different set of requirements around what it can be applied to.

As an apostle, even if former, Judas was given the authority by the Christ to perform miracles in his name during his ministry and mission. However, as there is a lack of notable records of Judas doing so, the rank of this skill has been severely lowered compared to most other apostles.

Akeldama: Blood Money Graveyard of the Archetypal Suicide
    Anti-Unit: B+
    Range: 1-500

Akeldama, the death place of Judas and that which was bought by Judas with the coins he was given. This third and final phantasm of Judas is an oft forgotten part of his legend, and so it is unsurprising that it only appears in this form. The phantasm is an expandable bounded field that acts as a crystallisation of that location.

Whilst in life, Judas would first die here before he became a simple archetype, as a phantasm the effect is reversed. When someone enters the area, they suffer a combination of conceptual and mental interference that slowly pushes them towards a single character archetype. This archetype depends on what the person has done in their life.

This is useful as, due to the conceptual nature of the change, those affected by the phantasm can lose access to abilities or skills they have that no longer mesh with the character archetype they are fulfilling. For servants, this can go so far as to even lock access to skills and noble phantasms. However, there is a secondary effect that activates once the individual has been completely reduced to a caricature.

This second part is an instant death effect that requires those within the field to make constant luck checks that scale in difficulty the longer one remains. On failure, the victim will swell until their own body bursts at the seams.

However, if one escapes the field they will gradually return to normal, meaning that the will need to undergo the conceptual change again to be applicable to the second aspect. This is also where the phantasm bonus applies, as the phantasm is more effective on those who are already caricatures, such as a certain French Emperor.

There is one other thing to note on this phantasm. While normally Judas is immune to its effects, this is because, as he still has the thirty coins of Judas Price, he has not yet purchased it, which is required for it to affect him. If he were ever to lose access to Judas Price, it would act on him normally and he would no longer be able to turn it off, subsequently leading to his death.

But that's a lie too.But that's a lie too.

No… I'm… just me. I'm just a man, who did what he could and made a single, stupid mistake. I… I… I was naive, thought I knew better, thought I knew anything at all. But it turns out my master, my beloved teacher was just a stranger to me. I did not really know him at all. And as such, the same has been done to me. The rogue apostle, the thieving traitor in yellow, the greatest suicide of the Bible. Fitting, I think, that for my mistake of thinking I knew him so well that I knew better, that others have done the same to me?

Dissecting the how and why so thoroughly, that they've reduced me to archetypes, forever remaining a Stranger to the true me.

Sorry for my rambling master. Servant Stranger is ready as can be. I guess…

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

And that's a wrap! QOL Post ahead

WALL OF SHAME

2021 - Doncosaco
    2022 - Dreamerless
    - Ismail2002? For now?

POOL 1
    Frau Holle

POOL 2
    Hatsheput

POOL 3
    Yamato Takeru

POOL 4
    "Victoria"

POOL 5
    Helenos

POOL 6
    Niya
    Gustave-Sobek

POOL 7
    Palaestra
    Herman the Recluse

POOL 8
    Ame-no-MinakanushiAmatsumikaboshi

POOL 9
    Heeren XVII

POOL 10
    "Dyson Sphere"

POOL 11
    Abel (Lostbelt)
    Kinap
    Euroswydd

POOL 12
    Inkarri

POOL 13
    Sinbad
    Lady Liberty
    Gregson & Lestrade

POOL 14
    Nodens
    Oya

POOL 15
    "Shiki Tohno"

POOL 16

POOL 17
    Sima Qian

POOL 18
    Zellandine

POOL 19
    Turandot
    Queen Victoria
    Carman

POOL 20

POOL 21
    Roald Amundsen

POOL 22
    "Ashtar"

POOL 23
    Hank Morgan
    Rube Waddel

POOL 24
    Caleb

POOL 25
    Bobby Fischer

POOL 26
    Judas Iscariot

——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That’s all of them ye?

Gosh, don’t know how I’ll find the time to read all of them before voting ends.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aaaand we got a wrap on all the sheets! Thanks for the QoL post, Frenzy, really appreciate it. (Also LMAO at the memes)

Now it's time to go a read 'em all...
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post

Class: Stranger
    Other Class: Ruler, Berserker, Assassin
    True Name: Judas Iscariot
    Titles: The Traitorous Apostle
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Region of Origin: Middle East

Height: 5'8
    Weight: 72kg
    Dislikes: Abrahamic Religion, Rome, Scholars
    Talents: Bookkeeping, Preaching, Lying
    Armaments: A dagger, moneybox

Parameters:
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Mana: B
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Who am I?Who am I?

My fellow apostles… some called me possessed. That I knew nothing of my actions and that the control of my life was ripped from me by a demon. The greatest of hell himself. I wasn’t a greedy man, just a puppet on strings that was guided by malevolence itself. That I was no more sane than any other we'd met with such an affliction, like Legion or Lilith. A raving beast whose erratic actions led to our saviour's death. A Berserker, if you will…

Cassandra's Fate: B

Judas first personal skill that represents one's ability to prevent future sight and clairvoyance from saving someone from a fate induced by the wielder. The higher one's level in this skill, the harder it is for one to produce enough ripples to eliminate the outcome. At this level, it requires a large number of luck checks with difficulty equal to this skill rank, and substantial action, to be able to avoid anything shown by precognition.

Judas, despite being known that he would betray the Christ, was not impeded in any way from doing so. This eventually led to the death of Jesus, despite the apostles' hopes to avoid such a fate. Judas might have a higher rank of this skill, if the prevailing theory that he was able to betray Jesus because it was required, and so no action was attempted to counter it, did not exist. As it does, this skill has this rank.

Stone Heart: A-

Judas second personal skill, and a skill that shows the difficulty to change one's perception. It essentially works as an anti-mental interference skill that increases this difficulty of inducing effects that would fall under that category. At this rank, it is incredibly difficult to induce any such effect on Judas, although his resistance is significantly weaker when faced with such effects coming from a Christianity aligned source.

This skill comes from the perception of Judas as a hard headed, unyielding person who did not take any of the Christ's teaching upon him. Instead, he continued to walk his path without self reflection, going so far as to sell out his teacher. Whilst this idea is not completely correct, it's popularity has induces an extremely high level of this skill. It's only weakness is the recorded guilt Judas felt after the results of his actions that lead to his suicide. This has induced a weakness to mental changed from Christian aligned sources, as they have the concept of affecting him, even if at a delayed rate.

Judas Price: Thirty Pieces of Silver, an Eternal Redemption for All
    Anti-Redemption: E-EX

A noble phantasm that Judas can never part with, much to his regret. Iscariot's first noble phantasm is the thirty silver coins that he received for betraying the Christ, a party of his legend that is present no matter the interpretation of it you take.

Whilst not physically stained by Jesus's blood like the main holy relics of the crucifixion, these coins are just as conceptually tied to it as those other items. This gives the thirty coins that make up Judas Price a weak regenerative effect that increases the more of them a person owns. However, this effect would barely equate to an E rank phantasm when all thirty are gathered, and is not the true use of this phantasm.

Just like any currency, this phantasm's true use is when a coin is spent, or to be more accurate, used like a broken phantasm.

By breaking each coin, Judas is able to echo that which the Christ paid for, that being all the sins of mankind. By breaking the coin, aka paying part of the price, Judas is able to bring forth an effect ranging from E to EX rank in strength, one for each coin. However, there is a risk to this.

One interpretation of Judas's death has him cursed and afflicted by God.

So, as each coin is broken, the act of Judas selling out Jesus is reenacted. This conceptual reenactment comes with the chance of Judas being cursed and dying. At E rank, the chance is negligible, however it exponentially grows until it is a certainty if he uses an EX rank effect.

In the end, the greatest power only comes to pass with Judas death, just as it was when he was alive.

But that isn't right.But that isn't right.

Some of my other fellows called me the archetypical Jew. An old wineskin who was bursting from the new Gospel being poured into me. A stiffnecked man whose heart probably gives coal a run on how black it was, and who stole from our ministry for his own purposes under the guise of charity. Was my greed so great I sold out the son of man for a bag of coins?... nonetheless a traitor, and an Assassin, in function, if not in name.

Golden Rule(Treachery): D

Judas third personal skill, a variant of the golden rule skill that ensures that one will profit from treacherous actions. While it does not protect the wielder from other consequences of betraying someone, such as grudges or loss of other allies, it ensures that such acts will never be financially harmful to the user, and instead increase their coffers. At this rank this skill will ensure that Judas would always gain a sizable amount of money in terms of a small group of people.

Whilst most famously Judas gained thirty pieces of silver in exchange for betraying Jesus to the religious leaders of the Jews, he is also noted to have been the keeper of the Apostles moneybox. It is also recorded that he would occasionally steal from it under the guise of charitable actions. However, whilst the funds he gained were sizable for a single person, it was never on the scale of some users of this skill.

Traitor in Yellow: EX

Traitor in yellow is both a skill unique to Judas, and his fourth personal skill. Based off of the tendency for renaissance painters to depict Judas in yellow garb to signal him as the traitor, it grants Judas a shape-shifting skill, which at this rank is capable of achieving literally any form, including other people, demons, and other inhuman forms. The restriction of course being that a significant and notable feature of the form be yellow.

However, the reason that this is not simply classified as the Shapeshifting(Yellow) skill is its secondary aspect. Whilst transformed, Judas gives off a constant aura that causes everyone in a fair area around himself to think that everyone in the area has traitorous intentions of them, causing a fair amount of havoc. It requires a very high level of resistance to mental interferences interferences resist.

Eayn Yahudha: The World Captured in the Yellow Traitors Eyes
    Anti-Unit(Self): C
    Targets: 1

An odd phantasm that, whilst its effects are present in all forms of Judas, is only truly crystalised in this summoning. Eayn Yahudha is the second noble phantasm of Judas, and is a crystallisation of scholarly efforts to figure out why one of the apostles would betray christ.

It manifests as a pair of yellow mystic eyes that grant two main features to Judas. This first, and most valuable, is the ability to look at any situation with a countless number of viewpoints simultaneously, an interpretation of the many explanations and reasonings applied to try to explain Judas’s actions. This allows him to easily break down any situation and figure out the best way to go forward. However, all these viewpoints are tainted by a malicious intention, limiting the overall applicability of this phantasm.

The second, and more restrictive use, is that if Judas focuses down to a single other viewpoint, he can gain the circumstances required to make that viewpoint valid, such as skills that would affect his viewpoint. However, using it this way can temporarily distort his personality, an event that can be dangerous to his allies.

Yet that doesn't hit the mark either.Yet that doesn't hit the mark either.

I… don't know if any of my fellows thought this… but could I have been faithful? The son was meant to to die, and yet non understood but I. I did his will, trying to help bring about his purpose in the only way I knew how. Maybe even how he instructed me too. I was no traitor, no mad man. I was a visionary! The only student who truly understood, and my actions were just as God directed as any Saint, any Ruler could ever hope for!

Apostle of the Christ(Fake): B

A skill that can be called an upgraded form of the Saint skill, and Judas's fifth personal skill. Under normal circumstances, this skill would grant all the benefits of the Saint skill, alongside all its benefits, as well as the revelation skill. However, as Judas holds the fake form of the skill, the revelation skill is replaced by the clairvoyance skill.

Judas is unique in his possession of this skill due to his position. Due to having been an apostle, and later being removed from the twelve, he possesses the fake variation of the skill. Normally, if one claimed to be an apostle and never was one, they would have this skill with the False classification, which would cause it to grant different benefits.

Miracle: C

Judas sixth and final personal skill, one that acts in the function in making the impossible into the realisable. While similar in function to other skills, such as Pioneer of the Stars, it has a very different set of requirements around what it can be applied to.

As an apostle, even if former, Judas was given the authority by the Christ to perform miracles in his name during his ministry and mission. However, as there is a lack of notable records of Judas doing so, the rank of this skill has been severely lowered compared to most other apostles.

Akeldama: Blood Money Graveyard of the Archetypal Suicide
    Anti-Unit: B+
    Range: 1-500

Akeldama, the death place of Judas and that which was bought by Judas with the coins he was given. This third and final phantasm of Judas is an oft forgotten part of his legend, and so it is unsurprising that it only appears in this form. The phantasm is an expandable bounded field that acts as a crystallisation of that location.

Whilst in life, Judas would first die here before he became a simple archetype, as a phantasm the effect is reversed. When someone enters the area, they suffer a combination of conceptual and mental interference that slowly pushes them towards a single character archetype. This archetype depends on what the person has done in their life.

This is useful as, due to the conceptual nature of the change, those affected by the phantasm can lose access to abilities or skills they have that no longer mesh with the character archetype they are fulfilling. For servants, this can go so far as to even lock access to skills and noble phantasms. However, there is a secondary effect that activates once the individual has been completely reduced to a caricature.

This second part is an instant death effect that requires those within the field to make constant luck checks that scale in difficulty the longer one remains. On failure, the victim will swell until their own body bursts at the seams.

However, if one escapes the field they will gradually return to normal, meaning that the will need to undergo the conceptual change again to be applicable to the second aspect. This is also where the phantasm bonus applies, as the phantasm is more effective on those who are already caricatures, such as a certain French Emperor.

There is one other thing to note on this phantasm. While normally Judas is immune to its effects, this is because, as he still has the thirty coins of Judas Price, he has not yet purchased it, which is required for it to affect him. If he were ever to lose access to Judas Price, it would act on him normally and he would no longer be able to turn it off, subsequently leading to his death.

But that's a lie too.But that's a lie too.

No… I'm… just me. I'm just a man, who did what he could and made a single, stupid mistake. I… I… I was naive, thought I knew better, thought I knew anything at all. But it turns out my master, my beloved teacher was just a stranger to me. I did not really know him at all. And as such, the same has been done to me. The rogue apostle, the thieving traitor in yellow, the greatest suicide of the Bible. Fitting, I think, that for my mistake of thinking I knew him so well that I knew better, that others have done the same to me?

Dissecting the how and why so thoroughly, that they've reduced me to archetypes, forever remaining a Stranger to the true me.

Sorry for my rambling master. Servant Stranger is ready as can be. I guess…

For real though excellent Judas Iscariot. It's truly impressive.

That all said I'm not even going to begin because it's going to take a while and it's nighttime for me... so Imma play Disco Elysium and come back in the morning fresh.

By the by though thanks for the sheet my secret santa you made my day.

I also don't mind picking up the slack for Pool 16. Just need a bit of time to do some research and find an appropriate muse.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.