Page 3806 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 280633063706375637963801380438053806380738083811381638563906 ... LastLast
Results 76,101 to 76,120 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    This whole fiction, imaginary and reality sounds extremely similar to the recent world lore dump in Honkai Impact and I feel like we're going in a somewhat similar direction. Gonna keep my eyes on that for ideas just in case.
    I mean, it's the theme of all of Part 2. They've just become more explicit about it since we're reaching the finishing line. Kirschtaria's words at the start "空想の根は落ちた" (The Roots of Fantasy have fallen)

Blog Entries
    Wasn't expecting Tlaloc's profile to actually explain every single skills she got, whether passive or active. I like the explanation that the Moon Lake of Texcoco has similar properties to the Inner Sea of the Planet. I also appreciate how much Nahuatl words she throws out, even if the pronunciation is off.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nasu profiles are usually quite elaborate. I suppose he likes writing them.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Nasu profiles are usually quite elaborate. I suppose he likes writing them.
    He wouldn't come up with something like Type-Moon's lore if he didn't like stuff like that, I suppose.

Blog Entries
    oof she she even roasts the Spaniards for being absolutely garbage at flood control
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    I mean, it's the theme of all of Part 2. They've just become more explicit about it since we're reaching the finishing line. Kirschtaria's words at the start "空想の根は落ちた" (The Roots of Fantasy have fallen)
    I'm more referring to something else from Honkai that feels very similar, specifically their explanation for how imagination and fiction plays into the growth of human history. Humans has been constantly changing and redefining what is "possible" and "real" throughout history, and end up constantly denying their current "reality" with new "fiction". Humans used their creativity (imagination) to create stories about brave heroes, religions about divine beings, science technology that the primal human would never imagined could be possible. In other words, they used the stuffs from their imagination to transform reality. However humans are still limited by what they perceive as "possible", so there can only be a limited amount of "possibilities", and things beyond that perspective are deemed "unreal", "impossible".

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    I'm reminded of some of the constructivist literature I've read in my psych classes, but that's more generally applicable to stories and the sort of...imagined possibility space of them in general and so it just tends to go really well with stories that are metatextual.

Might need to break out the textbooks again.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I posted this is my theory thread because it was relevant right now, but I might as well mirror it here:

Marisbury
    I'm glad you decided to show up on your own initiative. Welcome to Chaldea, Daybit.

Daybit
    I've heard you were conducting some interesting research. And also that you were interested in my background.
    It seems you're in need of a precise view capable of observing the universe in a way that mankind's current level of technology is incapable, am I correct?

Marisbury
    Yes. I don't care for its contents, just the shape is enough. I'd like it to be as elaborate as possible.
    But I don't need it to go outside the universe. 13.8 billion light-years will do, no more.
    Your findings will be most helpful to me. I'd very much like you to cooperate with ensuring the Human Order.

Daybit
    Ensuring the Human Order... the attestation of the future, or perhaps even its determination. That is indeed a righteous Order. But how, specifically?

Marisbury
    Oh. So you can see that far ahead? I suppose I'll tell you then.
    Could you keep this a secret from your other teammates?

And that encapsulates my objective. If you have any concerns, I'd like to hear them.

Daybit
    I don't have any in particular right now. That said, don't you think the chances at success are exceedingly low?
    The survival rates of the magi forming the cornerstone of the plan are far too low. Those who learn the truth will surely try to get rid of them.
    And that includes the Counter Force. Nobody but me and Wodime would survive.

Marisbury
    Which is why we're hiding it this way. From the Mages Association, from our fellow Chaldeans, and from the world as well.
    In the upcoming Singularities that are part of the Human Order Restoration, the magi of the A-Team will not be Masters.
    You will be concealers. Crypters. Will you keep that in mind?

Narration
    It was at that moment that he decided on the Order he needed to fulfill. His plan to destroy Chaldea, even if it meant he had to destroy the planet as well.
    Daybit Sem Void approaches things from a cosmic perspective.
    He is neither a servant of the Alien God, nor is he fighting for the sake of the Human Order.
    He did not need anyone to teach him that. He did not need anyone to be happy about that. Humans are simply beings that do good.
    Even if that amounts to the same thing as a cold-blooded insect's instincts.

13.8 billion years being the current estimation of the age of the universe.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    13.8 billion years being the current estimation of the age of the universe.
    It's the size of the observable universe, because of light's properties, as well.

It's the size of the observable universe, because of light's properties, as well.
    i know, but my mind is attaching to the idea that unless Earth is the center of the universe (observable universe bullshit aside) if you pick the "wrong" direction, 13.8 billion is still within the universe

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The observable universe might as well be the only thing that matters in the Nasuverse. Textures, world of perception, etc, etc.

current idea that pop-ed in my head is "You (counter force) cant stop me cuz stopping me will kill humanity" with the counter argument being why wasnt it stopped before it reached that point.

also, i need to work on a theory to have FGO end in a Guda&Mash vs Marisburi&Solomon

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    current idea that pop-ed in my head is "You (counter force) cant stop me cuz stopping me will kill humanity" with the counter argument being why wasnt it stopped before it reached that point.

also, i need to work on a theory to have FGO end in a Guda&Mash vs Marisburi&Solomon
    It wouldn't be the first time someone has managed to fool the counter-force until it was too late for it to do anything. SEREPH event being the stand-out example in my mind.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The whole thing about hiding what they're doing from everyone echoes Marisbury's sentiments exactly from how he stated it to Solomon in the first flashback we got with him.

Blog Entries
    So with the second part of LB7 released, what's the full story behind the Dinosaur King and his relation to Tezcatlipoca?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    So with the second part of LB7 released, what's the full story behind the Dinosaur King and his relation to Tezcatlipoca?
    Chain summon, Child Tezca is Blue Tezcatlipoca and Adult Tezca is Black Tezcatlipoca. Blue, Red and Black are all different personalities/aspects of Tezca, White is still Quetz.
    Tezca has this philosophy of helping both sides of a conflict, Blue was send by Black to help the dinos, but before he could form a plan Kuku force the role of Dino King on him. Blue was conflicted because it aligned with his purpose but it was working for that snake (Kukulcan).

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Is that why Tez shouts Xipe Totec in one of his attacks in his Second Ascension, so is Xipe Totec and Huitzilopochtli consider separate characters from Tez or just a weird aspect of Tez

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Chain summon, Child Tezca is Blue Tezcatlipoca and Adult Tezca is Black Tezcatlipoca. Blue, Red and Black are all different personalities/aspects of Tezca, White is still Quetz.
    Tezca has this philosophy of helping both sides of a conflict, Blue was send by Black to help the dinos, but before he could form a plan Kuku force the role of Dino King on him. Blue was conflicted because it aligned with his purpose but it was working for that snake (Kukulcan).
    So Red Tezcatlipoca is Izcalli (Moctezuma II), at least partially?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Red Tezca is never mentioned outside of Mash's information dump about the Tezcas