Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Profesional Wrestling Discussion

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    I've almost always been the only one posting.

Speaking of, totally need to put up another write up.

Blog Entries
    that only you will read

IBooBies

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Well, my dick just went Beast Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Evangelion 3.33, Your Boner Can (Not) Rise

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    RB reads 'em.

Blog Entries
    you dun know that fo shore

IBooBies

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Well, my dick just went Beast Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Evangelion 3.33, Your Boner Can (Not) Rise

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    NJPW New Beginning
    YOUR WINNER, AND NEEEEEEEEEW IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, KAZUCHIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OOOOOOOOOOKAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

HOLY FUCK YES! THIS IS THE GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is he a newcomer from Japan or is this from the Japanese Wrestling Federation?
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    OK, to fully explain how fucking amazing this is, I have to do a little explaining.

First off, Japanese wrestling is steeped in tradition, like many Japanese things. It also has that social hierarchy that many businesses in Japan do. When you're the new guy, certain things are expected of you and you do them without question, and many things come along formulaically. One of these things is wrestling abroad and honing your skills. This used to mean working in several of the US/Canadian territories and working with veterans. After you were done with that, you'd come home and finally come out of your shell and, basically, get a gimmick. Nowadays it means working in TNA and maybe ROH for a year or two and never really appearing on TV. However, the same principal is still there. The Japanese view it as a grueling process that toughens up the wrestler and prepares them for the true battle that is Japanese wrestling.

Now, one of the common things to happen after you get back from this excursion is that the young wrestler goes on a huge winning streak. Often times they will join a stable as well, or possibly form their own. After a series of good performances, this will almost always culminate in a title match with the veteran champion, who knocks the wrestler down a peg or two and makes them realize how much further they have to better themselves to be on top. This has been the formula for roughly fifty years, and for good reason. It gets the younger wrestler some exposure, the champion gets another title defense under his belt, and it also lets the fans voice their opinion on just how much they like this guy post Young Lion status.

Now, Kazuchika Okada is a 24 year old wrestler. He first started in Toryumon when he was 16 and really didn't do much of anything. After getting fed up with the Toryumon system, he went to the New Japan Dojo and made another attempt at becoming a star. This time, he succeeded. During one of New Japan's many inter-company feuds with NOAH, Okada went up against Go Shiozaki, one of the top NOAH guys and their self proclaimed Ace. This was only a few years ago, roughly 2009 I think. The crowd went apeshit for everything Okada did, and Shiozaki was never that over with the New Japan fans. Okada took about 10 minutes of a beating and could barely touch Shiozaki, but the fans were completely on his side now, and his rise to stardom had begun.

He came back from his lackluster TNA tour last year and became the Rainmaker, joining top guy Shinsuke Nakamura's heel stable CHAOS as a sort of co-leader, and quickly earned his way to a title shot against longtime company ace and bonafide superstar Hiroshi Tanahashi. This wasn't the first time Tanahashi and Okada locked up, but it was the first time "Rainmaker" Okada and Tanahashi had a 1 vs 1 match. These two always had chemistry in my opinion, and I can't wait to see the actual match they put on. But the outcome is so historic that it bears marking out.

Blog Entries
    If that guy goes to WWE and beats out the top wrestlers (Yes, even CM Punk. Sorry, KENTA!), that's gonna be an incredible reminder of Yokozuna's ending from the WWF Royal Rumble arcade game made by Midway.

Bricks shall be defecated.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    The only recent NJPW trainee to enter the WWE was Naofumi Yamamoto, now known as Yoshi Tatsu. He spent about 6 years as a guy who's entire purpose was to get pinned in tag matches with Tanahashi so DAT HAIR wouldn't have to take the fall. WWE gives no fucks about Okada or NJPW in general. Somewhat unfortunate, but I'll get over it thanks to GLORIOUS RAINMAKER.

Blog Entries
    The one huge way for a true upheaval is if the Rainmaker does win the big title in WWE. Not only would this be a HUGE wake-up call, it would be 1,000,000 times more awesome than when CM Punk gave them the finger when he won his title.

No offense, KENTA, but seeing all of the WWE wrestlers' faces when that happens would make it priceless.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    For those that want to watch it.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Fuck the Rock. This stupid feud is gonna be the reason I start drinking. Heavily.

Blog Entries
    That's among a few things you should check out in Grantland, KENTA.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...lemania-xxviii

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Dear Wrestling Observer fans: There is more to life than NOAH Juniors and All Japan heavyweights. Please watch Hashimoto more. Thank you for your time.

Blog Entries
    The echoes of Wrestlemania III and what could be brought from them in the upcoming Wrestlemania event:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...estlemania-iii

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Blog Entries
    I figured that I'd do KENTA a favor and bring this thread back on track with the 1988 edition of the Royal Rumble. Can you guess who won it??

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Blog Entries
    The 1988 Beltgate with Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Blog Entries
    Here's a tag team match for a change. The Rockers vs Demolition.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Blog Entries
    Man, Randy Savage was the riot back then. XDDDD

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

I marked out like a whore when the entire DX roster came out at the start of Raw. When Trips said "Didn't there used to be more of us?" I actually let out a wide-eyed "OSHIT."