Page 419 of 620 FirstFirst ... 319369409414417418419420421424429469519 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Who was Judas Sicarii?...I am servant caster. Victory, in my hands, is a simple ritual away... shall we begin?

Sources
    Overdoor, Zerochan.net. Raikoh-illust, Knowyourmeme.com.

Class
    Caster

True Name
    Judas Sicarii

Origin
    Biblical Canon, Bliblical Myth.

Alignment
    Chaotic-Neutral

Studying mysteries of the soul, Silver, Venison, Juices, and Television.

Dislikes
    Humanity, Goodwill, Weakness, Cowardice, Bread, Alcohol, and Theater.

Natural Enemies
    Jesus, God.

Other Classes
    Pretender, Faker, Assassin, Foreigner.

Catalyst
    Thirty Pieces of Silver, His Preserved Lips, or the field he died in.

Armaments
    Magecraft (CB-rank)

So then master... first let us spruce up this workshop. Bring it to code before I begin creating the tools to our victory... oh, don't worry. I won't make too much of a mess.

Parameters

Str: ED End: ED Agi: DC
    Mna: BA Lck: -E NP: CB

Ah. One of my familiars has informed me of a development. It would seem the false caster is clashing with the Saber
    I see... so what are our plans?
    Nothing for now. Let the fakers fight. Even if one wins the other is of no concern... especially false caster... after all, all he is is my refuse

Lore

Once, there lived a man within ancient Israel. He was the son of a magus seeking the root. This magus believed that to reach it she needed a perfect soul. Unfortunately her predeccessor had failed to make her soul perfect and so she had to study the craft of soul manipulation in order to progress their knowledge of it and perfect the soul of the heir.

He was not the heir. He was simply third in line. If the heir and then their replacement died he'd be chosen. Due to the importance of the mission all were overall treated equally to ensure peak condition for when the time came. Yet it was not to be for he would be removed seemingly.

A man had begun to make waves. He had begun to openly use miracles. Magecraft. For altruistic purposes. For truth. Something that incensed and angered the magus of the region. They attempted to have this man stopped... but he was a divine spirit. They couldn't touch him.

So they contented to make his life difficult. His family was no different. He was however. His family used small plots to make the life of the man named Jesus difficult. Nothing life-threatening that would threaten his wrath or expose them. Small things... like making the price of bread higher, which the disciples ate often according to rumor.

He did not share in this due to his difference in study, guided by one of the familiars the family had conjured. He thought that he could simply create a perfect soul to guide him to the root. That his own soul's quality mattered little in the end.

Yet it would not last forever. One day, while gathering resources from the city, he was separated from his family. Wandering, he came across Jesus and met him for the first time. At first he was unimpressed. The man seemed human like anyone else, naively idiotic even... then he witnessed it. A genuine miracle.

Not merely magecraft. Not true magic. The warping of reality to make a man who was lame no longer lame. One moment he was lame and his leg rotting and the next it was healthy... all without the use of mana. He couldn't fathom what he saw. Until a thought crossed his mind. A Perfect Soul.

He followed the man. They had made eye contact and he felt a compulsion... but he knew it wasn't from the man. It was his own soul responding to the answer. The answer to the mystery he was looking into. How to make the perfect soul... the man before him, the divine spirit Jesus, was the answer. He, of course, followed.

What surprised him however was not the kindness of the man, but the acceptance displayed by the disciples. They didn't bat an eye at his entry to their home, at the invitation of Jesus, and sat and talked with him familiarly. It wasn't unpleasant but it was off-putting.

Then came the offer at the end of the meal. Jesus gave him an explicit offer. To abandon magecraft and follow him, gaining what he sought at the end and paradise, or to return to his family and risk never seeing that paradise he sought.

He was somewhat humbled. He wasn't threatened if he walked away. Simply informed he might miss out on what he sought. Abandoning the way he lived however was difficult for him... yet, like his family, he dreamt of the root. Of reaching it. So he agreed. As, regardless of which he chose, he needed Jesus. So the only real choice was to follow him.

His days from there went to easy and studious to tough and difficult. Living in the darkness, Jesus' lessons were not readily apparent to him as Jesus was far more open and truthful than magus. Naturally, he didn't understand his ways. This caused a rift between him and the other disciples... yet Jesus never forced him to leave. He was patient.

Yet he never truly abandoned his magecraft. He simply stopped using it since Jesus gave him some power. The ability to heal others and grant god's grace. He, at night and alone, studied it and recorded his observations of Jesus. Coded so that if a disciple found his writings they wouldn't see the truth.

Yet it was all for naught. One day soldiers of the High Priest Caiaphus approached him and delivered a letter with a simple threat. That if he didn't expose the identity of Jesus to the soldiers then he would die right there. He doubted the soldiers could kill him... but he knew the consenquences of defiance. Of fighting back. The disciples would be blamed. Jesus would be blamed. They'd all die and his perfect soul would be lost.

So he made an offer. a promise of no execution and he would do it. The guards said that would be fine, as the high priest merely wanted to confront Jesus about his heresy. He silently walked them to where they were to meet for the night. He walked to Jesus. He gave what became known as the 'Kiss of Judas'.

When Jesus was taken away the guards paid him 30 silver for his civil service. The disciples, angered, exiled him. He left and went to spy on the events. When the time came he went to attend the festival that had been assured to him by Caiaphus to release Jesus. The people would choose between a murderer-thief or Jesus on who to release. While they had no intention of letting him free, the crowd would surely choose to merely imprison him forever.

Yet... this did not happen. He realized he had been tricked immediately. The crowd chose to have him crucified. A death sentence. Before he could intervene, someone grabbed his shoulder and pulled him away. His father. Before he could fight he saw his mother present also. It became clear. They had come to take him back.

With nowhere to go and his perfect soul lost he relented and left Jerusalem with his family. Unbeknownst to him his silver had been cursed however. Over the next years until he died he changed because of this. Yet he did nothing. He merely examined the curse and accepted it. As time went on his Od was tainted, taking his magecraft. His body swelled taking his ability to move freely... and finally his heart stopped, taking his life.

This was the life of Judas Sicarii.

Here is the silver. Make sure you pay her change with this
    ... Y-yes sir...
    Good boy... oh and naturally we don't know each other and this conversation never happened
    ... Mmm? Oh, sorry sir I spaced out. Can I help you?
    You already did. Good day.

Class Skills

Territory Creation: ED

Despite not lacking in magecraft not only did he never build a proper workshop for himself he also has the skill 'the Curse of Thirty' that reduces his skill parameters whenever he has silver on him.

Whenever he has silver he can only fashion a place that is pre-existing into his workshop. The dimensions must be the same and unlike the normal skill cannot use this skill to create bounded fields.

He must rely on his own magecraft to erect such defenses as well as make the space amicable to resource gathering.

Even when the curse is not active, all this skill does is give him guidance in errecting proper defenses with his magecraft and makes detecting leylines easier.

Master. How goes your aquisitions?
    Good. Got another 30 pounds worth of silver
    I work in ounces but it doesn't matter. Thirty pounds is a sizable portion. Now allow me to work and go get more

Item Construction (Silver): C

Not particularly notable at the crafting of mystic codes, his skill in magecraft assumes some moderate skill. However his relationship with silver grants him somewhat of a boon in this department as well, allowing him more than a decent rank.

However, due to the personal skill 'the Curse of Thirty' this skill is ranked down making it less useful. He can still craft basic mystic codes but he cannot fill them with spells three verses or below. Further all must use silver as a basis.

Unlike other skills this skill cannot rank up. This is because silver is required for all of his item creations. Swords, daggers, mystic codes, books. Whatever he creates with this skill must use silver as a foundation. A book cover must be made of silver plates, a dagger or sword's blade must be silver, and mystic codes are made from silver. Due to this requirement, whenever he makes them he will always be at a C Rank.

His general strategy with this skill is to create mystic codes that grant him an extra pair of hands and then to arm them with either offensive or defensive mystic codes dependent on his own strategies. Then he will operate magecraft with his own hands offensively or defensively.

Now... what to make...? Ahhh... how about that spell? Yes... it would be amusing to test if I can make a trap that spawns a constant stream of phantoms

Personal Skills

the Curse of Thirty: D

A skill that combines the skills 'Thirty Silver' and 'Rejection From Humanity'. Rather than compounded rank downs, it has a different effect entirely in the form of a curse. Specifically he gains a conceptual weakness to silver, taking additional damage from anything that is conceptually silver as well as receiving a single rank down to parameters and skills and eliminating any plus modifiers he might've gained or had.

This skill does not rank down from this however, as it itself cannot be altered, sealed, or removed by any means. Further in addition to the negatives he can spread this curse to others. Simply he must lace the curse either into his magecraft or into silver and have that silver touch another.

If used with magecraft then negating the spell negates the curse as well. Even if the spell lands successfully the target may resist the curse seperately. In the case of silver being used as a transmitter a single resistance test suffices to determine if the curse takes hold. If it does the target gains a conceptual weakness to silver equivalent to him.

... Tsk... That saber... she's smarter than I thought... she avoided my trap expertly. I'll need to keep an eye on her.

Magecraft: CB

He never abandoned magecraft truly, rather he gave up the study of it. He never let his talent for it decline. However his 'Curse of Thirty' ranks it down, making him capable of challenging high-ranking proper magus but having difficulty in outstriping them.

His specialization is something akin to Spiritual Evocation but he also has talent in elemental magic, healing, and numerology. Normally his strongest spell is the creation of a powerful phantom, almost on the level of another ghost liner, but that is his noble phantasm while he is in this class.

While he normally he will opt to utilize spiritual evocation for the creation and utilization of phantom limbs, he is not opposed to utilizing other spells. Commonly he will summon phantoms and utilize them as sentries while he prepares a strong spell.

His strongest spell is one that manipulates souls outright. He cannot simply send souls to Akasha and if he releases them they return to their owners immediately. Further if the body perishes his grasp on the soul fades. However if he keeps the original owners body alive and he properly anchors the soul before releasing it then he can effectively utilize the soul however he see's fit.

And so the refuse is exposed... it's only a matter of time before he betrays that master... I almost pity him
    ... Wait... he admitted he was Judas Iscariot... wait that means-!
    Do not fear, master. I am unlike other Judas servants. I am a magus first and foremost... surely, you know what that means?
    ... Right... then that means you won't betray me so long as I'm a useful master
    Precisely

Kiss of Judas: BA

As a caster this part of his legend is crystallized as a skill rather than his noble phantasm, for this aspect of the heroic spirit focuses more on his prowess as a magus. Yet that does not mean it has no place... or rather as this he cannot escape it.

Its effect is simple and terrifying. It is imbues the target with the mark of betrayal to anyone he kisses. This mark signifies that they are now fated to either betray or be betrayed. It can be resisted and much easier than if he had been an Pretender due to being a skill as a caster.

Yet that does not deliniate from its ultimate danger. The act of betrayal and the eventuality of it occuring in regards to the marked. If the target should happen to possess blessings or magic resistances equivalent to C rank (B rank if this skill increases in rank due to the skill the Curse of Thirty no longer being applicable) then they have a high chance to resist with A+ rank granting the target total immunity.

If the target should lack any sort, then while this skill is at B rank it is still possible to resist, rather they will find no bonuses. However at A rank resisting this skill without some sort of resistance skill or blessing makes resistance all but impossible. However he cannot attempt to invoke this skill on someone more than once within a 24 hour period. If he attempts to and fails, intentionally or otherwise, then this skill will not even try to influence that target for 24 hours.

Unlike the noble phantasm version of this skill, Judas cannot actively manipulate the skill. He simply kisses someone and they are marked for betrayal. The method of betrayal, if they are the betrayer or betrayed, or the motivations behind the act are completely out of his control. Fate simply alters itself ever so slightly to make it happen with no input from him beyond a target.

Additionally he need not 'kiss' someone. Rather the skill is embedded in the concept of 'Judas kissing'. As such any act that may on some level be a 'kiss' is sufficient to invoke the skill. Whether it is blowing a kiss, an indirect kiss, or even something as simple as kissing his finger and planting it on another.

CASTER! YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T BETRAY ME!? WHY!?
    .... Why wouldn't I? I was offered a better master. Surely you realize?
    BUT-! BUT-!
    I'm sorry master... but my new one says she needs your command spells. Comply, and we ensure your safety.... if you resist, you'll die... so what'll it be?
    Grrr! Damn familiar! I am the master! With my command spell, I order you Judas Iscariot to heel to my command!
    ... Pity... I thought you intelligent since you were a magus... oh well
    Wait, how- Grk!... h-how...?
    ... Simple, master. You said 'Judas Iscariot'... but I am Judas Sicarii. My proper magus name... perhaps if you had said just Judas, I would've restrained more than 10%.

Personality

Cold. Calculating. Uncaring. These describe Judas' personality fairly well. Every action has a cost-effect analysis behind it. From stabbing his master in the back to utilizing the souls of a neighborhood to create a powerful familiar to hunt Assassin. These were calculated in advanced on the prospects and consenquences and which outweighed the other.

While he holds some of Jesus' ideals it is readily apparent he tooks all the wrong lessons as everything is a risk-reward scenario to him. He considers the risks and rewards of doing something before doing it rather than simply being altruistic.

Rather altruism became part of the rewards within his analysis. Yet, invariably, there will be times when he abandons those in need due to being 'too risky'. In fact this very calculating way is why he betrayed Jesus. He valued that he could not survive the encounter and that his best odds of escaping were obeying.

Even when he realized Jesus' ultimate fate he lamented less at the loss of a friend and more at the loss of a model for his ideal. As expected of humanity's greatest traitor he cared less for the life of Jesus and more about what Jesus could provide him. This is apparent when he will gladly throw his master to the wolves should his master prove risky to his existence or doing so would extend his own.

... Hmmm? This variable... that master again?... How is she still alive? Her servant isn't even summoned... wait why is that? Why have I ignored her survival...? Is she actually a master...?

Interactions
    Master
    ... What a foolish master... he should have complied. A waste of talent... oh well. At least this magic crest can go to a proper family. One that will not waste its talents like that

Master
    ... Yet I cannot bring myself to be fully loyal to my new one. Her pride will be her downfall. I should prepare for it... there is that leyline my old master discovered...

Judas Iscariot
    ... Hmmm... thank god he is not here. He'd make this whole affair needlessly bloody...

Samson
    .... Ah. So his chosen weapon comes... no matter. She has planned for it...

Refuse
    ... Hmph. To think the refuse would actually survive that master... or did they spare you?
    Tsk... how pathetic. Even with our great master you must rely on the pity of other to survive. How worthless you are. I'll rid myself of you here and now... Stand still and it'll be over qui-
    I don't think so...
    Hm!? What!? My magecraft... was canceled!?
    I've had enough. I know I'm weaker... I may be your discarded remnants... but I refuse to accept you. I refuse to give in... I knew. From the start I suspected you were around... and when she told me to confront myself... I knew what was waiting
    I see. You were not spared... you were let go for this. Tsk... worthless. You truly are-
    I'm not worthless!... I'll prove it now. After all, you've been throwing silver around like it was no problem. It served its purpose, right?... How worthless you are. You can't even make use of what you throw away.
    .... How... problematic...

Noble Phantasm

Praesidium Ultra; Ritualis Institutio Perfectae Animae
    Be Realized O' Perfect Soul and Guide Us to Eternity

Type
    Summoning

Rank
    CB

A dual noble phantasm. Two noble phantasms that are combined into a single one due to a pair of complimentary facts; He cannot use one of the noble phantasms himself while the former is an incomplete noble phantasm on its own.

The first noble phantasm is is a powerful defensive greater ritual that geneates a barrier of the casters shape. This barrier strengthens in response to non-humans and it otherwise is strong enough to block even Anti-Army noble phantasms on its own strength; when strengthened by its conceptual advantage against non-humans its strength can potentially stop even anti-fortress noble phantasms.

However to utilize the caster must hold a complete lack of malice or even harmful intent. Due to his nature as a magus and traitor he cannot utilize it.

The second noble phantasm is a greater ritual dedicated to create a 'Perfect Soul'. A familiar that uses a soul as its basis and is manifested perfection. Based off research to make one's own soul perfect he seeks to apply such to other souls, deciding that it was more efficient than risking their own or their heirs soul.

However it is incomplete and can merely produce a 'Pure Soul' that has little inherent power.

Singularly, these noble phantasms are not very strong. As noted he cannot use one himself and the other provides little power beyond a completely loyal, autonomous, and sentient familiar... but by combining their legends he has unlocked a powerful noble phantasm.

First he must activate the second noble phantasm; the creation of a Pure Soul, despite attempting to create a Perfect Soul. To do so he must simply utilize spiritual invocation to capture the soul of someone that has a pure, innocent soul and convert it into first a phantom and then a familiar. In this way it retains autonomy from him but is still subservient.

After this he must craft the first noble phantasm, Praesidium Ultra. He must then speak the full name of the noble phantasm, 'Be Realized O' Perfect Soul and Guide Us to Eternity', while presenting the noble phantasm to the familiar. Once it accepts he completely loses access to the first noble phantasm itself... not that he could utilize it in the first place.

The Pure Soul itself gains a few abilities from the Rite of Protection. First, it gains the personal skills Perfect Form, Mana Defense, and Self-Defense Field. It may utilize the skills freely.

It may also utilize its noble phantasm Praesidium Ultra at will, though it relies on him and by extension his master for prana for it as it is a powerful defensive noble phantasm. When utilized they may choose the shape and size of it, though it can cover no more than 100 ft. in diameter.

The largest weakness of this noble phantasm is twofold; first that it takes a large amount of time to prepare and execute and that even once done losing it is easy as the familiar is not of servant strength despite acting similarly to one.

Further unlike other noble phantasms this one has a sentience component that allows it to make decisions; and like anything that makes decisions it can be tricked.

Tsk... my perfect soul destroyed... my master dying... and that Refuse is the sole cause... here I expected to betray her... yet that rejection... heh... it's almost... poetic...

AN
    Spoiler:
    Here is caster Judas. It took a bit longer than expected due to the noble phantasm giving me trouble in being realized but now I'm satisfied with it. So hopefully, it's an enjoyable read with collapse tags only used for variable elements.

Last edited by Baron Magnus; May 2nd, 2022 at 04:30 PM.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"There is an unending, echoing reservoir within the depths of darkness; from it comes to meet us those spirits who have been there since eternity, hidden from the senses."

< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- 🕀 -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- 🕀 -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >

"Why did you unearth this rotting corpse that finally found peace?"

F O R E I G N E R
    Sun-chasing Poet of the Gnawing Night
    = Sigbjørn Obstfelder =
    ──

Class
    Foreigner
    Alternative Classes
    -
    True Name
    Sigbjørn Obstfelder
    Aliases
    Bringer of Norwegian Modernism, 'Sick Worm' Obstfelder
    Origin
    Norway, Historical Fact and Fiction
    Height/Weight
    173cm/66kg
    Alignment
    Chaotic Neutral
    Attribute
    Human

STR END AGI MAN LCK
    E D D C B

walks through cold air, free verse, the pale sun glowing through his mantle
    Dislikes
    sexual women, his weak soul, darkness, chewing noises, eating worms, traditional verse
    Talent
    poetry, holding on
    Natural Enemy
    Yang Guifei, Edvard Munch (Foreigner), Sir John Franklin
    Armament
    worms, a glittering veil
    Catalyst
    early edition of Jeg Ser

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Class Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Class Skills

Longevity B
    A skill for resourceful travelers, associated with the Voyager class. Foreigner lived most of his life as a pauper. He could not stay in a place for long and travelled Europe and America.
    The rank was increased through his first Noble Phantasm. It is as if itself knows of travels through dark times and endless space.

Insanity EX
    Foreigner consumes and is consumed by the madness that manifests in his body.
    He suffers and laments his fate but can contain himself only through his first Noble Phantasm.

Jeg Ser... A+++
    A personal variation of Existence Outside the Domain and a spreading feeling of alienation to his surroundings.
    His most famous poem 'I look...' describes the evolving disconnect of the people with their own country in a time of rapid change. Targets in his vicinity feel foreign to their surroundings as if they do not belong in this time and space. Servants lose their recognition benefits from their time and place of summoning if they stay near Foreigner for too long. Skills like Demonic Defender of the State or Territory Creation receive a steady detriment.
    It appears that he speaks two dialects of foreign tongues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeg Ser
    I look at the whitish sky,
    I look at the clouds, blue-grey,
    I look at the bloodshot sun.

So this is the planets' home.

A raindrop!

I look at the lofty houses,
    I look at a thousand windows,
    I look at the far away spires.

So this is Earth.
    So this is the home of mankind.
    The clouds, blue-grey, are gathering;
    the sun's gone away.

I look at the well-dressed gents,
    I look at the smiling ladies,
    I look at the tired horses.

Now the clouds, blue-grey, thicken.

I look and I look...
    I must have come to the wrong planet.
    It's so strange here.
    Divinity B++
    The touch of something otherworldly. It is strange, as if two auras intermingle in a struggle. A cold pale sun struggling to stay alive against a hot-blooded black night. In search of the divine, he found the opposite. What will prevail?

Quote Originally Posted by Day
    I slept. My soul staggered, I knew not whither.
    There was no sun yonder.
    I trembled, when darkness came.
    Death was therein, Death and the hissing of tongues.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Personal Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Personal Skills

Gnawing in the Night A
    Foreigner saw beauty in death. He believes nature embraces it too. In anticipation, autumn leaves dress in the greatest colors before falling into the darkness. Yet he feared the same darkness in which they vanished.
    Now he anticipates the death that may never come. In the constant night of his soul and body, he hears them gnaw. Squirming worms and maggots from beyond house inside him, feeding on his mana, body, and very soul. He can command these vile creatures to do the same to others. Similar to Crest Worms they are the source of his powers. Manifestations of the Pale Crawler that are now his wriggling familiars. They grant him Clairvoyance (Worm), Devouring, Battle Continuation but also Weak Constitution. Foreigner could see what the endless amounts of worms observe but it would shatter his mind. So he has to consume a worm to gain its forbidden knowledge and the mana and souls it devoured along the way. The worms in his body keep him alive and protect him all the while they feast on him. He then swallows them to continue the cycle. A steaming hot liquid, the black essence of fantasy, will then gush from his mouth with each bite. For him, it is as if parts of his humanity wash away with it. An endless cycle of devouring to stop his decay. His body will prevail but by the gods...his soul's leafage may still wither!

Quote Originally Posted by She Sows
    And the day it goes with laughter and song,
    And Death, she sows in the night so long,
    Death, she sows.
    She goes and sows, Sows and sows –
    Timid roses, pallid tulips, Darksome violets and sickly hyacinths, Mimosas.
    She goes and sows, Sows and sows –
    Pallid smiles, anxious tears, Darksome torments and ailing desires, Doubts.
    The day it goes with laughter and song,
    Death, she sows in the night so long,
    Death, she sows.
    Words from the Heart (Lonesome) C+
    His important work Digte (Poems) was the first Norwegian Modernist work. It broke away from the traditional and rigid structure of the 'rimtvangen' and created his own free verse. The Modernist movement overall departed from the moral indoctrination of the traditional rhymes and prefer to convey emotions. A focus on what the writer feels instead of what the reader should feel.
    Like maggots in a corpse, his poems decay the internal structure of tradition and use the remains as new ground and fertile soil. Similar to Golden Tone and Soul Painting, his words leave the listeners with a feeling of dread and isolation as if everything they relied on breaks away beneath their feet. Because his poems superseded tradition, it weakens skills based on poetry from Servants before his time of rank C and below.
    It is the only thing he has left. Only his words to describe his horror and to reach the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely
    There was something got lost, something, that never was found,
    hope that burst, fire that was quenched…
    There strive forth her tonight amid a tortured man, in a hounded soul, words.
    Words…
    my life is words (and that is a pity)
    Faded words. Stiffened heartbeat. Heartbeat!
    thou---whose human name
    solitude
    again and again
    around me whispers,
    murmurs and whispers,
    croons with unknown voices…
    -this tortured being, who only, only, only has words--
    rememberest thou him?
    Heartbeat…
    He, whom the death queen hath chose,
    he, whom the death queen loveth, he
    is lonely.
    He, whom the death queen,
    when upon earth it is night, but in the heaven's lustre-filled vaultage it is day,
    it is dazzling heavenly day.
    he, whom the death queen hath there marked out,
    the death queen, the death queen, he is through earth's day lonely.
    Longing for the Nameless Light B
    Foreigner lived in darkness and hoped all his life to find the light that may save him. He may have wished for salvation in form of a higher existence or a caring woman that could comfort him. But he also feared the rise of the sexual seductress at that time.
    A skill that represents his longing for a
    light
    woman
    that may save him from
    darkness
    himself
    It is a variation of Trouble with Women and Contradictory Mind on which he projects the images of a
    Cold Sun
    Saint
    or
    Hot Night
    Sinner
    on females.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    Mists of the darkness are sinking over trees, over souls.
    the leafage has no colours, the grass no green.
    but in the fog sink noiselessly black leaves,
    and in the darkness sits hidden on a lonely bench one who is nameless.
    ---and none but God hears his anguished sobbing, and none but god hears her comforting whisper.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Noble Phantasm -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Noble Phantasm

Yilkith
    Glittering Veil of Frozen Light, Texture of Wandering Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Summer
    "Weave me a coat that turns crimson,
    spin it from mist,
    knit it from rays of light,
    dip it in carnation's blood!"
    A mysterious mantle of crystallized fog surrounds Foreigner's body. It has a beautiful and eerie wan that continuously glows around him. An unnatural cold emits from this strange fabric with each shimmer that hits a surface, stealing its color away with a layer of frost.
    It is both a gift from the White Crawler and the remnant cold flame of a raging sun that was laid down by the Outer God. It reminds Foreigner that he is under the Worm's protection but also that his fate is sealed. Still, the cold embrace of light is the only thing that gives him hope.
    Grants immunity to effects of ice and fire and increased resistance to demerits.
    Foreigner can mitigate some of the effects of Gnawing in the Night by spilling the blood of the maggots onto the veil. It then begins to color itself into a dirty greyish pink and whispers the knowledge of them to him instead. Still, he needs to consume some of them himself else his body is too compromised.
    He can build up the blood stored inside it and release it in a burst of glittering mist of light that freezes anything it shines upon, leaving victims as marble-like statues that can not thaw through earthly means. The effectiveness scales with the amount of blood it depletes. With enough blood of these maggots, Foreigner could in theory freeze away a whole texture of the planet. As such it is a useful ability against Reality Marbles.
    It appears as if he can draw strange artifacts from this mantle but he can not use them or carry them into this reality.
    At higher Ascensions the mist curls around him and form pictures of various flowers and a halo of grey light forms behind his head.

De røde Dråber
    The Bleeding of Fiction and Reality, The better forgotten Play

An obscure play from Foreigner. 'The Red Drops' is about a man who leaves his family, friends and love behind. He knows he disappoints them and aches but it is for the pursuit of the supernatural and divine. It is one of his lesser known plays because according to critics it has not much value and he himself explained to an actress that the play is hard to understand, if at all. Was there a hidden meaning or just a failure of a literary work? In any case, it became the tool of the Outer God.
    From all his orifices and open wounds crawl foreign maggots. They sing, cry, lament and dance to the musical recitations of their eldritch praises to the dark goddess they serve. They then melt into an unending river of blood that flows continuosly from his body. With hollow eye sockets he walks and recites his otherworldly poems while new and larger worms emerge from the steaming puddles of black blood. They crawl their way to anyone close and dig their vicious teeth into their flesh. All victims now become actors in this grotesque play of Foreigner controlled by these things.
    Authors and poets make fantasy tangible through their writings. Dreams are written into our plain to become fiction and therefore part of our reality. But to make them a play and act out fantasy is the closest thing to 'fiction becoming real'.
    That is what the Outer God exploits to find a gateway into our reality. An attempt to make a ritual to open a portal. Actors become his worshippers and followers. Their prayers will open a rift to the dark fantasy from beyond with Foreigner as a catalyst. Once it opens they shall become a feast for this twisted goddess. Then the Worm would bring an eternal night into this world by laying low yet another sun. Then, in the darkness all would feel and hear her nearby as the worm gnaws in the night and grows fatter with each blasphemic act it commits.
    But she shall not emerge. Foreigner is too fragile, too weakened from the worms eating away his body. Now that they are outside his body he can not sustain himself long enough to function as a Heroic Spirit itself. The ritual will fail before it can be completed. A useless play without substance or goal, taxing and senseless for all actors. Foreigner will collapse and his lifeless husk falls into the black pool.
    The surviving worms crawl back into his body through his empty eyes and the horror begins anew.
    A new night has fallen. The gnawing continues.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Lore and Background -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Lore and Background

Quote Originally Posted by Friends!
    Life!
    A radiance twisted in unending trails, throughout all beings, throughout all orbs,
    an unending, -resonant, -fire-spiral, --
    that we cannot see a beginning of,
    nor an end of,
    and breath gushes in and suns trickle out
    --suns in a sea of light, suns in a sea of thought, --
    an unending, resonant, inferno
    out from the chillness, out from the empty, into the fervid, into the fervidest, it unto God--
    The light!

Spheres are swaying, waves are shaking, --there, where the one is, was the other, --
    life-cells are quaking,
    sinking to darkness, awaking to light, life-cells are quaking
    awaking and sinking
    Sigbjorn Obstfelder (1866 - 1900) was a Norwegian writer and poet.
    He was the eighth child in a family of sixteen children, being one of only six siblings to survive to adulthood. His father was a baker and provided little financial or emotional support, especially after Foreigner's mother died when he was 14. The loss of the only one caring for him and the constant atmosphere of death in his family left a mark in his life that is reflected in his writings.
    After school he studied engineering and moved to Wisconsin to work as a draftsman in a bridge construction company. But he felt restless and after only a year he returned to Norway. There he had a nervous breakdown and was hospitalized. It was then he found his true calling and began his life as a pauper through Norway and Europe. He traveled through France and Belgium and created his best works when he returned home.
    His first literary contribution was for a feminist journal but his true debut was his collection of poems Digte in 1893. It is credited as the first Norwegian Modernist work. It broke with tradition and received ridicule from traditionalists. His memory lives on as one of the most important literary figures of his country. He was inspired by the works of Baudelaire and Kierkegaard and was described as the literary counterpart to Expressionist Edvard Munch, with whom he was befriended.
    He is remembered as a poet but he also wrote prose like 'The Cross' 'The Diary of a Priest' or his play 'The Red Drops'.
    His whole life he suffered from unstable mental health and nervous breakdowns. He feared women but still had a short and unhappy marriage. Foreigner succumbed to tuberculosis aged 33 shortly before his daughter was born.

That was the unassuming life of Foreigner. But how did he connect to something from beyond the void?
    Outer Gods are a beings and creations of fantasy. Through the writings of the crazed author and his midguided companions they were brought to this reality by name only. They remain beings of fantasy, sealed away from our dimension. But still...

Fantasies are dreams. Dreams are inspirations and ideas. And fiction is the manifestation of them inside our world.
    The creative process, be it by word, sound or color is therefore a tool for things of fantasy to touch reality. That is why the twisted kind from beyond prefer creatives over others.
    Foreigner had no direct connections to the occult or stared into a foreign abyss. His abyss was his own mind and from it came forth fantasies of light and shadows, of queens and harlots, of nature and decay, of death and life.
    That was enough. He is simply a weak tool for the Outer God, the White Worm of the North, the Worm that Gnaws in the Night.
    Rlim Shaikorth.
    The White Worm can be compared to what his name suggests. A giant creature that grows fat on devouring mages that were forced to serve him. Her unimaginable hideousness can not be described but we know that from its empty eye sockets drips blood. Neverending, the hot red-black blood falls to the ground one drop at a time. With her travels an enoumous iceberg structure called Yilkith. It emitted a pale glow that would freeze anything its light would touch. It was ancient and held many artifacts. It was rumored that inside the iceberg lingered another deity. The Cold Flame, the Cold Sun and Descendant of Fomalhaut.
    Aphoom-Zhah.
    The cold reflection to the Outer God of Cthuga. It was said she is the reason why Hyperborea froze in an instant.
    Imprisoned in a cage of ice it is forced to serve the Pale Crawler just like Foreigner. The Cold Flame inherited the disgust for other Outer Deities from Cthuga and resists by keeping Foreigner sane enough to not succumb to the gnawing whispers while still following orders.
    A battle between the night and the sun. A man caught in darkness walking towards the light. The poems he wrote depict this battle. It is as if he wrote them now or perhaps they created this situation in the first place. It begs the question, what came first? Fiction or Fact?

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Quotes and Relationships -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Quotes and Relationships

Foreigner is awkward with women. He either detests them and describes them as harlots or loves them as saints. The Sinners are representations of the Evil Worm. The voluptious white flesh of erotic women remind him too much of the White Worm that brings him suffering. Women that are not like that are elevated to the position of an angel. Out of reach and sacred, he will try to protect them from afar. He sometimes sends out his worms to spy on them. He does not approach these kinds of women, he is too insecure about him not only being unworthy of being a Servant but also being a man. The worms in his body make this worse of course. With higher Ascensions the line between these two becomes muddier and his Insanity is torn between the two Gods. He wishes not to die anymore but to decompose and become one with the Earth which the worms and maggots call their home. He would then unite with the higher existence, one with nature, and that would cleanse him and her, just like he wished for during life. In his final Ascension his eyes begin bleeding and he uses his frozen blood as makeshift daggers of a dark purple color or freezes his familiars to use as blunt weapons. It becomes increasingly difficult to discern who he currently follows. Who is his current Death Queen?

While he is the one who brought poetic tradition to a halt, he still admires great poets of the past. He broke away from the custom because he saw no other way to make something 'different', else it would be overshadowed by others more talented.

"He who understands death does not fight against the wise forces he does not know; he accepts that which swells strongest and sings finest in him. Nature understands better than us to enjoy life on earth, it understands death, it wants to die! Master, if nature did not wish to die then why does death exist? Suicidal tendencies are a natural state of the world perhaps. I know of Gaia and Alaya. Gaia wants to die, is our body. So we decay. Alaya wants to live, thats why our mind wishes to persevere. It struggles within all of us. Each time someone wishes to die, they wish to live too and vice versa. I wanted to die, Master. But I wanted to die because I could not share a life. But then I shared a life and it did not make us happy. So when the last hope I had was gone and the illusion broke...my body just decided to do it earlier than expected. That is what I believe."

'Sinner' Women:
    "…White fingers, rounded bosom, glowing pupils, -- --but no soul!" - from 'Torment'

'Saint' Women:
    "Soon shall they slumber, all that are weary, meekly rest their heads on the pillow,
    Forget the thoughts that are gray and mournful, sleep and slumber, dream and rest.
    Out in the azure hovers a woman, lovingly eyes of souls she closes, tenderly sets earth's cradle rocking."
    - from Nocturnes

Søren Kierkegaard:
    "The Doubleminded Man. I was inspired by your superb works. Now, more than ever, I can understand your writings."

Edvard Munch (Foreigner):
    "Old friend, so you were target of these things too? I find comfort in knowing we understand each other but dread we have to go through this."
    Munch paints pictures for Foreigner's poems and he writes poems for his paintings. Their gallery rivals the coalesced Angst that is the Chaldea Barrack Section under nickname 'Section B-15'

Yang Guifei:
    Her presence drives him mad. Her connection to the Eternal Candle and her host is a contradiction that brings him physical pain. Adoration and the drive to destroy her in equal measure.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Craft Essence -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Craft Essence

Hymn

HUMAN-KIND!
    Gaze around you. Do you not see?
    The flaring, the kindling, the gleaming.
    Yea, earth's trumpet-blast likewise rings;
    Yea, the sun chants, the stars are dancing,
    Day is alive, - naught is dead.

I see my brethren garb them with helmets fashioned of death's-heads.
    I see them adorned with men's bones
    Staring unto eyes that are quenched.
    I hear in the singing of men Rattling of bones.
    I hear in the prayers of the church Sighs from the grave.

Why stare you, brother, and bow you the head unto the past?
    The soul of the past is the thing that cometh!
    The past was only to fashion the thing that cometh!

O human-kind! Do you not see?
    A host of stars fell trickling;
    One for each child-mind, one for each woman-soul, one for each man-spirit.
    They were sent from the blithest of stars one midsummer night,
    to shine in each mortal's dark inmost, to gleam in the great night of humanity.
    There trickled a host of glittering prayers: Bestir you light-wards, let your soul dance, let your spirit mount, be ever blithe!

The weak-souled grow dizzy as they gaze on mightiest heights!
    A beast droops earthwards his jowl.
    A human soul dizzy?
    O humankind!
    Kindle your torches! In a countless throng with torches in hand to the downstretched hands let us wander.

The last piece in his work 'Digte'.
    The Cold Sun is not in favor of humanity, just against the Pale Crawler that imprisons her flame.
    But she may have took a liking to the little worm that tries to reach her light.
    The enemy of my enemy...

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Notes -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Notes:
    I told you you wouldn't guess or know who this is. Was a hard time finding translations as it is. I am still unsure what his Red Drops play is about and only found a snippet of a summary.
    I was inspired actually by something entirely else. I saw pics of some Lovecraftian book monsters and thought "Bookworms...huh."

I did something here that may upset pinetree. Something that others did not dare for Outer Gods.
    I syncretized ! Rlim Shaikorth borrowed aspects of The Worm Gnawing in the Night
    Why? Because they are both worms and I can. And it is basically just this title it has, nothing else. It is a much later creation than Rlim so why not. Same with Aphoom Zhah, its a monster from the 70's but I like the imagery. It all came together when I read the connection between this iceberg and it. Obstfelder often used the sun and the night as metaphors in his poems, it kinda worked out.

I tried to hint that his ascensions follow the rough outline I found for his posthumously released work 'The Diary of a Priest' in which a priest distances himself further from god in his search to get closer. It sounded like he became more heretic as he did.

Here are more of his Digte
    Left is the original language, and right is English. Most of his quotes are actually from his poems too.

From a gameplay perspective, I consider his last skill to be kinda like a a trigger to switch animations perhaps? Or at least the NP. It changes if he prefers to use the ice of his sun or the worms of the night.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Wandering Cultivator Wan Dering'cul Tivator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    DelRey's Foreigner

"There is an unending, echoing reservoir within the depths of darkness; from it comes to meet us those spirits who have been there since eternity, hidden from the senses."

< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- 🕀 -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- 🕀 -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >

"Why did you unearth this rotting corpse that finally found peace?"

F O R E I G N E R
    Sun-chasing Poet of the Gnawing Night
    = Sigbjørn Obstfelder =
    ──

Class
    Foreigner
    Alternative Classes
    -
    True Name
    Sigbjørn Obstfelder
    Aliases
    Bringer of Norwegian Modernism, 'Sick Worm' Obstfelder
    Origin
    Norway, Historical Fact and Fiction
    Height/Weight
    173cm/66kg
    Alignment
    Chaotic Neutral
    Attribute
    Human

STR END AGI MAN LCK
    E D D C B

walks through cold air, free verse, the pale sun glowing through his mantle
    Dislikes
    sexual women, his weak soul, darkness, chewing noises, eating worms, traditional verse
    Talent
    poetry, holding on
    Natural Enemy
    Yang Guifei, Edvard Munch (Foreigner), Sir John Franklin
    Armament
    worms, a glittering veil
    Catalyst
    early edition of Jeg Ser

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Class Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Class Skills

Longevity B
    A skill for resourceful travelers, associated with the Voyager class. Foreigner lived most of his life as a pauper. He could not stay in a place for long and travelled Europe and America.
    The rank was increased through his first Noble Phantasm. It is as if itself knows of travels through dark times and endless space.

Insanity EX
    Foreigner consumes and is consumed by the madness that manifests in his body.
    He suffers and laments his fate but can contain himself only through his first Noble Phantasm.

Jeg Ser... A+++
    A personal variation of Existence Outside the Domain and a spreading feeling of alienation to his surroundings.
    His most famous poem 'I look...' describes the evolving disconnect of the people with their own country in a time of rapid change. Targets in his vicinity feel foreign to their surroundings as if they do not belong in this time and space. Servants lose their recognition benefits from their time and place of summoning if they stay near Foreigner for too long. Skills like Demonic Defender of the State or Territory Creation receive a steady detriment.
    It appears that he speaks two dialects of foreign tongues.

Divinity B++
    The touch of something otherworldly. It is strange, as if two auras intermingle in a struggle. A cold pale sun struggling to stay alive against a hot-blooded black night. In search of the divine, he found the opposite. What will prevail?

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Personal Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Personal Skills

Gnawing in the Night A
    Foreigner saw beauty in death. He believes nature embraces it too. In anticipation, autumn leaves dress in the greatest colors before falling into the darkness. Yet he feared the same darkness in which they vanished.
    Now he anticipates the death that may never come. In the constant night of his soul and body, he hears them gnaw. Squirming worms and maggots from beyond house inside him, feeding on his mana, body, and very soul. He can command these vile creatures to do the same to others. Similar to Crest Worms they are the source of his powers. Manifestations of the Pale Crawler that are now his wriggling familiars. They grant him Clairvoyance (Worm), Devouring, Battle Continuation but also Weak Constitution. Foreigner could see what the endless amounts of worms observe but it would shatter his mind. So he has to consume a worm to gain its forbidden knowledge and the mana and souls it devoured along the way. The worms in his body keep him alive and protect him all the while they feast on him. He then swallows them to continue the cycle. A steaming hot liquid, the black essence of fantasy, will then gush from his mouth with each bite. For him, it is as if parts of his humanity wash away with it. An endless cycle of devouring to stop his decay. His body will prevail but by the gods...his soul's leafage may still wither!

Words from the Heart (Lonesome) C+
    His important work Digte (Poems) was the first Norwegian Modernist work. It broke away from the traditional and rigid structure of the 'rimtvangen' and created his own free verse. The Modernist movement overall departed from the moral indoctrination of the traditional rhymes and prefer to convey emotions. A focus on what the writer feels instead of what the reader should feel.
    Like maggots in a corpse, his poems decay the internal structure of tradition and use the remains as new ground and fertile soil. Similar to Golden Tone and Soul Painting, his words leave the listeners with a feeling of dread and isolation as if everything they relied on breaks away beneath their feet. Because his poems superseded tradition, it weakens skills based on poetry from Servants before his time of rank C and below.
    It is the only thing he has left. Only his words to describe his horror and to reach the sun.

Longing for the Nameless Light B
    Foreigner lived in darkness and hoped all his life to find the light that may save him. He may have wished for salvation in form of a higher existence or a caring woman that could comfort him. But he also feared the rise of the sexual seductress at that time.
    A skill that represents his longing for a
    light
    woman
    that may save him from
    darkness
    himself
    It is a variation of Trouble with Women and Contradictory Mind on which he projects the images of a
    Cold Sun
    Saint
    or
    Hot Night
    Sinner
    on females.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Noble Phantasm -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Noble Phantasm

Yilkith
    Glittering Veil of Frozen Light, Texture of Wandering Ice

A mysterious mantle of crystallized fog surrounds Foreigner's body. It has a beautiful and eerie wan that continuously glows around him. An unnatural cold emits from this strange fabric with each shimmer that hits a surface, stealing its color away with a layer of frost.
    It is both a gift from the White Crawler and the remnant cold flame of a raging sun that was laid down by the Outer God. It reminds Foreigner that he is under the Worm's protection but also that his fate is sealed. Still, the cold embrace of light is the only thing that gives him hope.
    Grants immunity to effects of ice and fire and increased resistance to demerits.
    Foreigner can mitigate some of the effects of Gnawing in the Night by spilling the blood of the maggots onto the veil. It then begins to color itself into a dirty greyish pink and whispers the knowledge of them to him instead. Still, he needs to consume some of them himself else his body is too compromised.
    He can build up the blood stored inside it and release it in a burst of glittering mist of light that freezes anything it shines upon, leaving victims as marble-like statues that can not thaw through earthly means. The effectiveness scales with the amount of blood it depletes. With enough blood of these maggots, Foreigner could in theory freeze away a whole texture of the planet. As such it is a useful ability against Reality Marbles.
    It appears as if he can draw strange artifacts from this mantle but he can not use them or carry them into this reality.
    At higher Ascensions the mist curls around him and form pictures of various flowers and a halo of grey light forms behind his head.

De røde Dråber
    The Bleeding of Fiction and Reality, The better forgotten Play

An obscure play from Foreigner. 'The Red Drops' is about a man who leaves his family, friends and love behind. He knows he disappoints them and aches but it is for the pursuit of the supernatural and divine. It is one of his lesser known plays because according to critics it has not much value and he himself explained to an actress that the play is hard to understand, if at all. Was there a hidden meaning or just a failure of a literary work? In any case, it became the tool of the Outer God.
    From all his orifices and open wounds crawl foreign maggots. They sing, cry, lament and dance to the musical recitations of their eldritch praises to the dark goddess they serve. They then melt into an unending river of blood that flows continuosly from his body. With hollow eye sockets he walks and recites his otherworldly poems while new and larger worms emerge from the steaming puddles of black blood. They crawl their way to anyone close and dig their vicious teeth into their flesh. All victims now become actors in this grotesque play of Foreigner controlled by these things.
    Authors and poets make fantasy tangible through their writings. Dreams are written into our plain to become fiction and therefore part of our reality. But to make them a play and act out fantasy is the closest thing to 'fiction becoming real'.
    That is what the Outer God exploits to find a gateway into our reality. An attempt to make a ritual to open a portal. Actors become his worshippers and followers. Their prayers will open a rift to the dark fantasy from beyond with Foreigner as a catalyst. Once it opens they shall become a feast for this twisted goddess. Then the Worm would bring an eternal night into this world by laying low yet another sun. Then, in the darkness all would feel and hear her nearby as the worm gnaws in the night and grows fatter with each blasphemic act it commits.
    But she shall not emerge. Foreigner is too fragile, too weakened from the worms eating away his body. Now that they are outside his body he can not sustain himself long enough to function as a Heroic Spirit itself. The ritual will fail before it can be completed. A useless play without substance or goal, taxing and senseless for all actors. Foreigner will collapse and his lifeless husk falls into the black pool.
    The surviving worms crawl back into his body through his empty eyes and the horror begins anew.
    A new night has fallen. The gnawing continues.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Lore and Background -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Lore and Background

Sigbjorn Obstfelder (1866 - 1900) was a Norwegian writer and poet.
    He was the eighth child in a family of sixteen children, being one of only six siblings to survive to adulthood. His father was a baker and provided little financial or emotional support, especially after Foreigner's mother died when he was 14. The loss of the only one caring for him and the constant atmosphere of death in his family left a mark in his life that is reflected in his writings.
    After school he studied engineering and moved to Wisconsin to work as a draftsman in a bridge construction company. But he felt restless and after only a year he returned to Norway. There he had a nervous breakdown and was hospitalized. It was then he found his true calling and began his life as a pauper through Norway and Europe. He traveled through France and Belgium and created his best works when he returned home.
    His first literary contribution was for a feminist journal but his true debut was his collection of poems Digte in 1893. It is credited as the first Norwegian Modernist work. It broke with tradition and received ridicule from traditionalists. His memory lives on as one of the most important literary figures of his country. He was inspired by the works of Baudelaire and Kierkegaard and was described as the literary counterpart to Expressionist Edvard Munch, with whom he was befriended.
    He is remembered as a poet but he also wrote prose like 'The Cross' 'The Diary of a Priest' or his play 'The Red Drops'.
    His whole life he suffered from unstable mental health and nervous breakdowns. He feared women but still had a short and unhappy marriage. Foreigner succumbed to tuberculosis aged 33 shortly before his daughter was born.

That was the unassuming life of Foreigner. But how did he connect to something from beyond the void?
    Outer Gods are a beings and creations of fantasy. Through the writings of the crazed author and his midguided companions they were brought to this reality by name only. They remain beings of fantasy, sealed away from our dimension. But still...

Fantasies are dreams. Dreams are inspirations and ideas. And fiction is the manifestation of them inside our world.
    The creative process, be it by word, sound or color is therefore a tool for things of fantasy to touch reality. That is why the twisted kind from beyond prefer creatives over others.
    Foreigner had no direct connections to the occult or stared into a foreign abyss. His abyss was his own mind and from it came forth fantasies of light and shadows, of queens and harlots, of nature and decay, of death and life.
    That was enough. He is simply a weak tool for the Outer God, the White Worm of the North, the Worm that Gnaws in the Night.
    Rlim Shaikorth.
    The White Worm can be compared to what his name suggests. A giant creature that grows fat on devouring mages that were forced to serve him. Her unimaginable hideousness can not be described but we know that from its empty eye sockets drips blood. Neverending, the hot red-black blood falls to the ground one drop at a time. With her travels an enoumous iceberg structure called Yilkith. It emitted a pale glow that would freeze anything its light would touch. It was ancient and held many artifacts. It was rumored that inside the iceberg lingered another deity. The Cold Flame, the Cold Sun and Descendant of Fomalhaut.
    Aphoom-Zhah.
    The cold reflection to the Outer God of Cthuga. It was said she is the reason why Hyperborea froze in an instant.
    Imprisoned in a cage of ice it is forced to serve the Pale Crawler just like Foreigner. The Cold Flame inherited the disgust for other Outer Deities from Cthuga and resists by keeping Foreigner sane enough to not succumb to the gnawing whispers while still following orders.
    A battle between the night and the sun. A man caught in darkness walking towards the light. The poems he wrote depict this battle. It is as if he wrote them now or perhaps they created this situation in the first place. It begs the question, what came first? Fiction or Fact?

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Quotes and Relationships -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Quotes and Relationships

Foreigner is awkward with women. He either detests them and describes them as harlots or loves them as saints. The Sinners are representations of the Evil Worm. The voluptious white flesh of erotic women remind him too much of the White Worm that brings him suffering. Women that are not like that are elevated to the position of an angel. Out of reach and sacred, he will try to protect them from afar. He sometimes sends out his worms to spy on them. He does not approach these kinds of women, he is too insecure about him not only being unworthy of being a Servant but also being a man. The worms in his body make this worse of course. With higher Ascensions the line between these two becomes muddier and his Insanity is torn between the two Gods. He wishes not to die anymore but to decompose and become one with the Earth which the worms and maggots call their home. He would then unite with the higher existence, one with nature, and that would cleanse him and her, just like he wished for during life. In his final Ascension his eyes begin bleeding and he uses his frozen blood as makeshift daggers of a dark purple color or freezes his familiars to use as blunt weapons. It becomes increasingly difficult to discern who he currently follows. Who is his current Death Queen?

While he is the one who brought poetic tradition to a halt, he still admires great poets of the past. He broke away from the custom because he saw no other way to make something 'different', else it would be overshadowed by others more talented.

"He who understands death does not fight against the wise forces he does not know; he accepts that which swells strongest and sings finest in him. Nature understands better than us to enjoy life on earth, it understands death, it wants to die! Master, if nature did not wish to die then why does death exist? Suicidal tendencies are a natural state of the world perhaps. I know of Gaia and Alaya. Gaia wants to die, is our body. So we decay. Alaya wants to live, thats why our mind wishes to persevere. It struggles within all of us. Each time someone wishes to die, they wish to live too and vice versa. I wanted to die, Master. But I wanted to die because I could not share a life. But then I shared a life and it did not make us happy. So when the last hope I had was gone and the illusion broke...my body just decided to do it earlier than expected. That is what I believe."

'Sinner' Women:
    "…White fingers, rounded bosom, glowing pupils, -- --but no soul!" - from 'Torment'

'Saint' Women:
    "Soon shall they slumber, all that are weary, meekly rest their heads on the pillow,
    Forget the thoughts that are gray and mournful, sleep and slumber, dream and rest.
    Out in the azure hovers a woman, lovingly eyes of souls she closes, tenderly sets earth's cradle rocking."
    - from Nocturnes

Søren Kierkegaard:
    "The Doubleminded Man. I was inspired by your superb works. Now, more than ever, I can understand your writings."

Edvard Munch (Foreigner):
    "Old friend, so you were target of these things too? I find comfort in knowing we understand each other but dread we have to go through this."
    Munch paints pictures for Foreigner's poems and he writes poems for his paintings. Their gallery rivals the coalesced Angst that is the Chaldea Barrack Section under nickname 'Section B-15'

Yang Guifei:
    Her presence drives him mad. Her connection to the Eternal Candle and her host is a contradiction that brings him physical pain. Adoration and the drive to destroy her in equal measure.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Craft Essence -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Craft Essence

Hymn

HUMAN-KIND!
    Gaze around you. Do you not see?
    The flaring, the kindling, the gleaming.
    Yea, earth's trumpet-blast likewise rings;
    Yea, the sun chants, the stars are dancing,
    Day is alive, - naught is dead.

I see my brethren garb them with helmets fashioned of death's-heads.
    I see them adorned with men's bones
    Staring unto eyes that are quenched.
    I hear in the singing of men Rattling of bones.
    I hear in the prayers of the church Sighs from the grave.

Why stare you, brother, and bow you the head unto the past?
    The soul of the past is the thing that cometh!
    The past was only to fashion the thing that cometh!

O human-kind! Do you not see?
    A host of stars fell trickling;
    One for each child-mind, one for each woman-soul, one for each man-spirit.
    They were sent from the blithest of stars one midsummer night,
    to shine in each mortal's dark inmost, to gleam in the great night of humanity.
    There trickled a host of glittering prayers: Bestir you light-wards, let your soul dance, let your spirit mount, be ever blithe!

The weak-souled grow dizzy as they gaze on mightiest heights!
    A beast droops earthwards his jowl.
    A human soul dizzy?
    O humankind!
    Kindle your torches! In a countless throng with torches in hand to the downstretched hands let us wander.

The last piece in his work 'Digte'.
    The Cold Sun is not in favor of humanity, just against the Pale Crawler that imprisons her flame.
    But she may have took a liking to the little worm that tries to reach her light.
    The enemy of my enemy...

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Notes -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Notes:
    I told you you wouldn't guess or know who this is. Was a hard time finding translations as it is. I am still unsure what his Red Drops play is about and only found a snippet of a summary.
    I was inspired actually by something entirely else. I saw pics of some Lovecraftian book monsters and thought "Bookworms...huh."

I did something here that may upset pinetree. Something that others did not dare for Outer Gods.
    I syncretized ! Rlim Shaikorth borrowed aspects of The Worm Gnawing in the Night
    Why? Because they are both worms and I can. And it is basically just this title it has, nothing else. It is a much later creation than Rlim so why not. Same with Aphoom Zhah, its a monster from the 70's but I like the imagery. It all came together when I read the connection between this iceberg and it. Obstfelder often used the sun and the night as metaphors in his poems, it kinda worked out.

I tried to hint that his ascensions follow the rough outline I found for his posthumously released work 'The Diary of a Priest' in which a priest distances himself further from god in his search to get closer. It sounded like he became more heretic as he did.

Here are more of his Digte
    Left is the original language, and right is English. Most of his quotes are actually from his poems too.

From a gameplay perspective, I consider his last skill to be kinda like a a trigger to switch animations perhaps? Or at least the NP. It changes if he prefers to use the ice of his sun or the worms of the night.
    Awesome to see the final thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also considering what happened with Sakura and Zouken's Crest Worm Familiars, I could easily see his attempt to protect women with his worms ending very badly if he gets summoned to Chaldea.
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Autumn Tinder Kindling Fire
    Ash Enriching Earth

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Good sheet but I feel like I've been severily misunderstood.

Syncretism is cool and good.

Blog Entries
    oh
    well
    sorry for that

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sorry I can't stand this mispresentation of my character and will be expecting at least 3 new syncretized Foreigners as compensation. Thanks.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Source: Chibiterasuchan

Class: Ruler
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Catherine of Aragon
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: England (16th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: D
    NP: B

Height: 190cm
    Weight: 175lbs
    Dislikes: Hatred
    Talent: Forgiving Everyone
    Natural Enemy: Angra Mainyu
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: My Final Letter
    Catalyst: Summoning at Queen Catherine's Cross

Class Skills:
    True Name Discernment B - During a direct encounter, any servants seen will immediately have their true name and parameters revealed. Servants with a form of concealment force her to have to roll a luck check to prove this.
    God's Resolution C - Allows her to bear the equivalent of two command spells towards every servant in the grail war. A Ruler class skill.
    Magic Resistance D - She never met or saw magic in life, so has the very bare minimum rank in this provided by her class. This simply weakens spells.

Personal Skills:
    Charisma B - She was known as an excellent queen and was able to easily spur on armies, even to the point of helping them defeat king James IV of Scotland while Henry was away. At this rank, she is very easily able to rally and bolster the morale of her allies.
    Defender Of The Faith C - This ability includes Protection of the Faith at the same rank and the ability to spread it to all allies who share the same faith. She was granted the title of Defender of the Faith for rebuking Luther's arguments.
    Catalyst of Split B - The nature of someone who partially caused a great schizm. The split between the Catholic Church and the Church of England was caused by her. This allows her to divide her enemies, causing them to have far worse communication.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Bloodied Banner
    The Reigning Queen

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 200 meters
    Max Targets: 200 targets

This is the sublimation of the fragment of the coat of King James IV of Scotland that she sent to Henry VII to use as a banner. It manifests as a pair of bloodied gloves. When invoked, her charisma itself is heightened to spur on her allies to the point of doing nearly impossible things, and hit the enemies with a wave of terror.

My Final Letter
    My Eyes Desire You Above All Things

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 100 meters
    Max Targets: 1 target

This noble phantasm bears the property of Absolute Forgiveness and Absolute Compassion, manifesting as a long quill she holds in her right hand. Its true properties manifest when its true name is called. As it lightly taps its target, they become enveloped in a feeling of protection, and just for that short period feel as though they are truly cared about, and feel remorse for any evil actions they have done. It is also useful in another way, as its strikes simply, instead of hurting, wear away people's hatred and anger.

Lore: Catherine of Aragon was a princess of Spain. She married Prince Arthur, but when he died, married his brother, King Henry the Eighth. She didn't give birth to a male heir, but refused to annul her marriage, which lead to the separation of the church of england.

Personality: She is extremely brave, willing to do almost any risky thing as long as it helps people. She is extremely kind and forgiving for all mistakes and sins. She has no wish for the grail.

Relationships:
    Angra Mainyu: "You are peculiar. So full of hatred, love can't ever get through."
    Marie Antoinette: "A pleasure to meet a fellow queen here. And one so giving, too."
    Caligula: "Oh, you poor thing. This may help get through. My Final Letter!"
    Last edited by jishara; June 3rd, 2022 at 12:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Sorry I can't stand this mispresentation of my character and will be expecting at least 3 new syncretized Foreigners as compensation. Thanks.
    As you wish
    Do not underestimate my power! This was the plan all along!

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries

Class: Alter Ego
    True Name: Mpu Gandring
    Alignment: True Neutral.
    Origins: Java.

Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Agility: D
    Endurance: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: E
    NP: EX

Class SkillsItem Construction {Misfortune} (EX Rank): Alter Ego can craft any type of weapon that she ever lay eyes on. This is acts like more like a projection skill. Though the weapon’s have this lingering bad luck attached to them. As such misfortune would come across people that use them.

Based on the creations that the three spirit origins have made in the past. To be of the highest of quality, there ever was. But these creations ended up with karma handed to them. For those that wield them.

Territory Creation (A+ Rank): Alter Ego can create a special workshop where she can do her forging her tools and weapons. Items that are forge here has the same quality as a divine construct.

Though to construct this workshop would take large chunk of Mana that prolong used of it without a proper lay line could drain up the Mana of the Master.

Madness Enhancement (EX Rank): This is skill works a bit different on Alter Ego that any other regular servant. Rather than the skill affecting her directly, this skill works in tandem with the Item construction skill as another weird side effect that can sometimes cause madness for the people that used them.

Personal SkillsFlames of the Hearth (B+ Rank):This skill came from the power of the heroic sprit that Alter Ego possessed. The Lingering sprit of Mo Yen, this allows her to channel her sprit core into wield some limited pyrokinesis. That is able to melt and mould any type of metal in her hands.

She often uses this skill for creating her various weapons and tools. It’s very convenient for her though she said that this skill has really limited use in combat.

Dwarven Avarice (A Rank): This skill came from the power of the heroic sprit that Alter Ego possessed. That Greedy sprit of the dwarf Andvari, this skill allows Alter Ego become a living magnet of gold and riches. This acts like lucky coincidences where she conveniently discovers them while walking about. Though if somebody stole the gold form her it would just randomly return back to her no matter what you do.

Though she uses most of this wealth for funding for her projects in blade making. But do the often influx of wealth she created a little safe just store all of that gold that been piling up.

Spirit Seal Forge (EX Rank): This is a personal skill from Alter Ego herself. This allows her to seal and imbued sprits in her weapons. This can enhance her weapons with the skills and effect of that particular spirit. But this can often backfire as some of the weapon that was imbued like this can turn sentient and strike out on their own.

Alter Ego often use this skill to expand her weapons. But often ended up just leaving the weapons out the wilds or a junkyard if they didn’t turn out the way she wanted. This of course have some complications.

Noble PhantasmArt of the Black Star, Phantom Break.
    Type: Curse

Unleashing Demonic Core, Maximum Drive. Infect and Corrupt, Misfortune Overload. Phantom Break

This noble phantasm is one is high level demonic magecraft that is able to infected and cause any magic item that it came contact with into haywire by breaking down their Luck and causing every single thing that could go wrong with a given object to suddenly happen in rapid succession. This only gives the user or wielder of said object a set Luck stat down to an E- and attempt of using them just causes wild butterfly effect that is totally unpredictable. The catch is that the curse only last for seven uses. So, in case of a weapon it only lasts 7 kills or in case of an object 7 times it achieves its primary function. After that the object goes back to normal like nothing ever happen.

Misc LinesLikes: I like doing my job creating new weapons and tools, it’s very relaxing to hear the sound of hammer clashing against hot metal.

Dislikes: Pushy clientele. Especially when they make outrageous deadlines for me. Ugh, can’t they tell true craftmanship takes time but NO, they just want it quick and done just like that. It’s drives me up the wall.

Holy Grail: What a fascinating craftmanship on this thing. What it’s made of anyway? Concentrated magical energy, you say. If that is the case, I wonder what kind of things that I can reforge this into.

Event: There seems to be a new event coming up. Let us be off master, I wonder what new rare material that we may unearth for my next few projects.

Bond LinesBond Line 1: Oh Hey, Master. Welcome to my workshop how may I help you today. Your just come here to check. Well then here, catch. (Tosses a hammer to the Master). I rather have you work on something menial to help me rather than just standing there agape.

Bond Line 2: Alright, Master let see on how your progress with your work. Uhm, really now. This is the best you can do? Right, you’re not exact trained in this. Alright how I taught you basic smithing, sounds good.

Bond Line 3: Okay, Master you seem in a cheerful mood. What is up with that. Oh, you have something for me. I see this fine craftsmanship you did well for a beginner. I can sense a talent from you, Master. But you still need more practice

Bond Line 4: You been wondering about my gender. Well figures I didn’t know that someone would notice. But yes, I am supposed be male in myths but due to relatively brief role in history. My saint graph is not strong enough to be summon normally so I ended up as pseudo servant with this body. At first, I was hesitant of this body but overtime I got used to it. though these chests can a bit cumbersome when forging.

Bond Line 5: Oi, Master, here you go. You been fighting a lot lately in front with your servants. So, I figured that you needed some protection. This mystic code is the first one I made in a while. It’s still need tuning up, but I got worried for you getting yourself killed with your savior complex. What with that face your making? Looked I tested it with myself and other servants and it’s perfectly safe. Just remember to come back to me for some future updates if you will.

RelationshipsMuramasa Senji: Ah, as fellow blacksmith. How say we conduct ourselves in a friendly completion. Uhm, not interested. Looking for perfection you say but that is a bit hard now and then without a competitor you know.

Thomas Alva Edison: It’s people like you that put the stress on crafts people like us. Seriously, mass production only led to mediocrity and ridiculous time demands from clientele.

Hans Christian Andersen: Deadlines, I am right. Is it that much of hassle for you authors as well?

Sigurd/Siegfried: Hey, dragon slayer. Andravi sends you, his regards. He is asking how all that gold been working out for you.

Da Vinci: Look, why are you banning me for using the tools in Chaldea. My noble phantasm, you say. Look it’s not like I activated every time I touch an object. Just put a little trust in me won’t you.

Craft Essence

My True Final Project

This is my hard work coming to fruition. A single thing that can prove useful for humanity. All I been remember by is that one shoddy screw-up but now. With this I can finally reedmen myself even though nobody will remember this creation. Wait no, my master will remember and that good enough for me. Once again be useful to at least someone in this world. Eventhough this for all intense and purpose is a simple lucky charm of Mystic Code.

Last edited by Ismail2002; May 3rd, 2022 at 01:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    I really love this one. The superior blacksmith Alter Ego.

though to be honest i still can't get used to your new format. i suggest you use the collapse tag only on the opening class card image, excluding the into text. that way you can actually customize the formatting of the rest of the sheet (bold and italics on everything hurts my eyes).
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries

Class: Ruler
    True Name: Justo Takayama
    Height and Weight: 183 cm / 73 kg

Source: Historical fact
    Region: Japan
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Man

Parameters
    Strength: B
    Constitution: B+
    Agility: D
    Magical Energy: D
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: C

Biography
    Legend
    Justo Takayama, also known as Takayama Shigetomo or Takayama Ukon, was a Japanese Catholic Kirishitan daimyō and samurai who lived during the Sengoku period. Takayama had been baptized into the faith in 1564 when he was twelve, though over time neglected his faith due to his actions as a samurai. He eventually rekindled his faith just after his coming-of-age ritual near the age of 20. In the face of mounting Christian persecution, he abandoned his status to devote himself to his faith and was exiled to Manila, where he lived a life of holiness until his death two months later.

Justo was the eldest son and heir of Takayama Hida-no-Kami Tomoteru, lord of Sawa Castle in Yamato Province. His name as a child was Hikogorō. In 1564, his father converted to Roman Catholicism after meeting with Portuguese missionaries, and Hikogorō was baptized as Justo. After his coming-of-age celebration, he was named as Shigetomo. However, he is better known as Takayama Ukon (with "Ukon" being a title). Europeans also referred to him as Dom Justo "Ucondono" (from 右近殿, Ukon-dono).

In 1571, Justo and his father were victims of an assassination attempt orchestrated by their jealous liege lord Wada Korenaga. They escaped with their lives and managed to mortally wound Korenaga, but Justo also received grievous wounds in the process, and during his convalescence began to experience a profound appreciation for the Christian faith he had cared so little about. He later married in 1574 and went on to have three sons (two died as infants) and one daughter.

After receiving the title of clan head and Takatsuki castle, Justo fought through the turbulent age to secure his position as daimyō. He served under the warlord Oda Nobunaga during the Ishiyama Hongan-ji War, and Nobunaga's successor, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, during the earlier half of his rule, participating in the Battle of Yamazaki, Battle of Shizugatake, and Siege of Kagoshima.

During their domination of the Takatsuki region, Justo and his father pushed their policies as kirishitan daimyōs. Many of their subjects converted to Christianity, and numerous Buddhist temples in their region were torn down to build churches in their place. Justo's example also caused the conversion of some of his personal friends, such as Kuroda Yoshitaka and Gamo Ujisato; others, such as Maeda Toshiie and Hosokawa Tadaoki, were not baptized, but were convinced to hold favorable views of the new religion's practitioners. He also became a practitioner of the Way of Tea, becoming one of the tea master Sen no Rikyu's seven most outstanding students, as well as a confidant of the regent Hideyoshi.

However, in due course Hideyoshi became hostile towards the Christian faith, and in 1587 ordered that all Christian missionaries be expelled and that all daimyōs renounce their faith. While several daimyō obeyed this order and renounced Roman Catholicism, Justo proclaimed that he would not give up his faith, and that he would rather give up his land and all that he owned.

After this, Justo lived under the protection of the Maeda clan, and served them as a guest advisor, architect, and general for several decades. His tenure was abruptly cut short when in 1614, the new shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu prohibited the Christian faith, forcing Takayama's expulsion from Japan.

On 8 November 1614, Justo Takayama, his wife, children, and three hundred other Japanese Christians left for Nagasaki. Their contingent arrived at Manila on 11 December 1614, where the former daimyo received a warm welcome from the Spanish Jesuits and the local Filipinos. The governor Juan de Silva wished to provide him with an income to support him and his relations. But Justo declined the offer, for he was no longer in a position to offer his services in exchange for the income.

Forty days later, on 3 February 1615, Justo Takayama died. Upon his death, the Spanish government gave him a Christian burial replete with full military honors, as befitting a daimyō. His remains were buried in the Jesuit church there, making him the only daimyō to be buried on Philippine soil.

Character
    Dislikes: Unreasonable requests, pleasure-seeking
    Talent: Technical drawing, tea ceremony

Upon first impression, one would think that Justo Takayama is a dignified, stoic, nigh-unapproachable man. However, conversing with him would reveal his true calm, kind, and rational nature that doesn't possess even a trace of that domineering attitude most nobles of his standing have.

A man who conducts himself as if he only had a week left to live. Having been on death's door multiple times, Justo understands more than most how difficult it is to ascertain "the things one must do", and how short the time to do these things is. Everything he does is thus infused with a sense of importance and urgency; combined with his mission of "setting others on the right (just) path", this gives unenlightened observers the impression of a workaholic, and less-than-charitable ones the impression of "a heartless machine that wants everything done perfectly the first time".

As a Servant of the Ruler class, he holds no wish for the Grail; as a person, he finds the claim that "the Holy Grail is a wish-granter" suspicious. Having himself drunk from the Redeemer's cup by suffering persecution for his faith, Justo believes that the Holy Grail's ability to grant wishes is too good to be true, and that attaching to this system the designation "Holy Grail" is so ironic as to make him laugh mirthlessly.

Relationships
    Master
    Justo generally behaves as toward them as an experienced guest general or advisor. His unique perspective on things provides invaluable insight, but as this insight can often veer into topics one does not wish to speak of, care must be taken to avoid a falling out.

Incidentally, he would be over the moon if they ever asked him for one of the Sacraments.

Oda Nobunaga
    "Ah, Sir Nobunaga. Yes, of course you can count on my support this time as well. I only ask that we not conduct a repeat performance of our first meeting."

Mori Nagayoshi
    "I could not ask for a better compatriot in appreciating the Way of Tea than Sir Nagayoshi. That said, I do find it rather disconcerting whenever he arrives to the ceremony caked in blood and dirt. If it goes on like this, I might have to ask all future guests to take a bath before participating."

Francisco Otomo
    "What do I think of Sir Francisco? ... He put you up to this, didn't he? Well, if you must know, I've found myself greatly valuing his company as a fellow aesthete. I know he balks inwardly whenever our I remind him of his promise, but such is the price to pay for those who wish to walk the narrow path to salvation."

Toyotomi Hideyoshi
    "I bear no ill will toward the Elder Regent; my only regret is that I was unable to move his heart to repentance before his vanity led him astray."

Chacha
    "Why don't I hate that man, you say? A better question is, why do you? Wish ill of him, that is. Consider, madam, that avenging yourself on Tokugawa Ieyasu might only serve to produce even more Chachas, even more Hideyoris. Is inflicting on others the pain you suffered really what you want?"

Maria Kyogoku
    "Madam, your advancement of our common faith's cause is admirable, but I must implore you to guard your tongue against speaking ill of that woman. God has already meted out her sentence, and the delicate ears your ladyship works with might take your japes to heart."

Amakusa Shirou
    "Only God can grant eternal life, and even then man must freely choose it to receive it. What evil spirit has possessed you, that you seek to bar the gates of heaven and leave God's own image to writhe endlessly in this vale of tears?"
    Class Skills
    True Name Discernment: B
    A Skill inherent to the Ruler class where status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed to the owner of this Skill when directly encountering a Servant. At this rank, a Servant's True Name as well as the entirety of their status information are automatically revealed to them during a direct encounter. However, in regard to Servants who possess concealment abilities, a success of a Luck Check becomes a requirement to bypass those abilities.

Divine Judgment: A
    The supreme privilege of a Ruler. One can exercise two Command Spells for each Servant participating in a "Holy Grail War". It is not possible to divert other Command Spells that were used on a Servant for another use.

Magic Resistance: EX
    Grants protection against magical effects. Justo Takayama demonstrates Magic Resistance equivalent to B rank due to his unwavering piety. However, since this resistance is just allowing him to divert (evade) the magecraft, fundamentally only he will be saved in the case of a wide-range magic attack. It also cannot cope with Church Sacraments, but is stronger against magecraft rooted in the thaumaturgical traditions of Japan in exchange.

Territory Creation: B+
    Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Usually employed by Justo to create a "Tea Room" for the purposes of holding a tea ceremony; however, the architectural genius that aided in the construction of castles and military installations throughout western-central Honshu does not seem to be missing.

Personal Skills
    Saint: C
    A Skill that signifies those who are acknowledged as a Saint. When summoned as a Servant, the ability of Saint is selected between either "raising the effectiveness of sacraments" or "automatic HP recovery".

Discernment of the Poor: EX
    Insight to see through the opponent's character and attribute. It is impossible to deceive Justo with excuses and deceptions from words. It expresses the power to grasp the true nature not only of the opponent, but of life and the universe in general attained by one who, instead of living in material poverty, has transcended the world's conception of "being rich".

Chanoyu: A++
    A sub-species skill of Item Construction. The Japanese term for "the way of tea"; that is, tea preparation techniques raised to a level of mindfulness and refinement not seen in Western culinary culture. Justo possesses the appropriate rank for one counted among the seven finest disciples of Sen no Rikyu, the codifier of the Japanese tea ceremony.

At this rank, the meditative practice of "making tea" has become part of one's way of being, completely nullifying any mental interference while making or consuming tea, or reducing their effectiveness otherwise. As an aside, this also means that tea produced by Justo is guaranteed to be especially delicious.

Noble Phantasms
    Mano Dilao - San Grial: Turmeric Arm - Cup of Blessing
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self) Noble Phantasm
    Range: 0
    Max targets: 1 person

Yellow Hand - Holy Grail: Justo Takayama's life of saintly virtue and heroic martyrdom that have been sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. Having drunk deeply of the Redeemer's grail of suffering, he can thus be considered a man who stands close to the right of God; in other words, God's "right-hand man". This Noble Phantasm allows Justo to freely perform six of the Holy Church's seven Sacraments, whose incantations may be compressed to the equivalent of a Single-Action spell without any decrease in efficacy. Additionally, objects that have touched or been touched by his hands instantaneously become third-class holy relics that also function as minor Noble Phantasms imbued with the "holy" attribute.

Author's Notes
    I will not attempt to convey the depths of my disgust at Fate's portrayal of Amakusa Shirou, because it fucking pisses me off. And all of Apocrypha as well, to a lesser extent. But that's neither here nor there.

I've been conceptualizing this sheet for the better part of three years, and finishing it was a major reason for my returning here. Not a lot of trivia to speak of here as I've frontloaded all the explanations to the Biography section; the disparity in the wealth of information b/w this man's EN and JP wiki pages is absolutely criminal, let me tell you.

That said, two things to note. Firstly, while fleshing out this sheet I envisioned in my mind the pre-brush-with-death Dom Justo as an anchorless hedonist, a concept referenced in his dislikes; this is based on popular portrayals of the Takayama clan's erstwhile liege lord Matsunaga Hisahide-- at least, before he blew himself up over a teapot. Secondly, another thing that's also referenced in his dislikes is his dislike of unreasonable requests. This ties in with his reaction to Nobbu as a reference to their initial meeting. The Takayama's fourth-ish master (or at least the one after the Wada clan) was Araki Murashige, who turned tail and rebelled against Nobunaga after spending some time in the latter's service. Nobunaga, wanting the whole affair to be over with, zeroed in on the Takayama's castle of Takatsuki as a crucial foothold in ending the rebellion. Dom Justo, stuck between being loyal to his liege lord and not wanting to get a bunch of his family and retainers murderdeathkilled (he had previously sent several of his relatives as hostages to Murashige), decided to waltz up to Nobbu's camp and let himself be captured. Now lordless, the men of Takatsuki castle put up little resistance, and Nobunaga was able to mop up the insurrection without much fuss. As a reward, Nobbu gave Takatsuki back to Justo, with the added incentives of doubling his income and several sweet rides (by "rides" I mean horses). And yes, before you ask, the irony of the "samurai of Christ" fighting along the Demon King of the Sixth Heaven was indeed too delicious to be missed by historians.

Bee-tee-dubs, since the TBF x FGO collab doesn't seem to have a chance of happening in this side of the Second Coming I decided to use some of its pimp-slapping OSTs to frame this particular set of characters. Only OGs know, and all that. Oh, and I went back and added a few more relationship lines to Francisco, if that rustles your jimmies.

Anyway. Ciao.

P.S. Okay, I lied; there were three trivias I forgot to mention, and of course I remember the dumbest one last. The comparisons to turmeric and the yellow color scheme are all a reference to the fact that the Japanese word for the thing (鬱金) is also pronounced "ukon".
    Last edited by Nuclear; May 4th, 2022 at 08:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Alter-Ego: thats an okay servant but what I am missing is simply background to the characters involved and why they are together

Ruler: thats a good one albeit i didnt get most of the intricacies there.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Justo: Good sheet but I don't get why he has Magic Resistance twice, and at different ranks.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Alter-Ego: thats an okay servant but what I am missing is simply background to the characters involved and why they are together
    Right, the Idea behind this is simply of three spirits are minor characters that only job is creating or owning the inciting magic item that cause the tragedy in their larger stories. Like Mpu Gandring was only know for creating the Kris that causes the turmoil of the Singhasari Royal family that bring the Kingdom to Collapse , Mo Yen sacrifice her life into creating a blade for the Emperor of China but the Emperor backstab her husband and have killed leaving his son on a rebellious crusade that has mixed results and lastly Andravi is the original owner of the ring that causes Fafnir to turn into that greedy dragon. Though I should probably elaborate more than the small snippet I gave in the Item Construction Skill.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ruler of Bad News: The only bad news is how bad to my heart this precious character is. (IGNORES EVERYTHING HE EVER DID, EVER.) I was so curious about these particular characters of yours, and it didn't disappoint! Your sheer disappointment at Amakusa (I agree with the sentiment, in parts) shows and it fuels the ambition behind this sheet, elevating its qualities. It elevates so much that it even gives him two Magic Resistances, name another Servant that could do THAT! (/shot'd)
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I love Amakusa but I'm really interested on your rant on him, Random.

Though I think your sheets already reveal much of what you think is wrong with him.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Royd and Frenzy can I have some feed back on my alter ego.

Blog Entries
    im usually not the type of guy, but i wish to hear more feedback on my foreigner. It was hyped up in the GaS thread, I tried to use poetry to legitimize his connection and experimented with the Foreigner lore. I like what I did in terms of skills but the whole concept as foundation is what I feel might be uncool for readers.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I can say more about him.
    I don't really like the Class Skills. Voyager is a very rare and purposeful class and giving it a skill that should be theirs just because the guy travelled a bit doesn't feel right, even with the eldritch justification. It's not exclusive to you though, I feel this way with a lot of fanmade Voyager stuff.
    I don't like Personal-Class Skills either and try to avoid them as much as possible. You have a cool justification for Outside the Domain but, and this might be shallow of me, simply changing the name instead of using the original makes it feel forced.

The Personal Skills are justified nicely and I enjoyed reading them. The addition of related poetry is nice, but I personally really dislike this style of poetry so it didn't do much for me. I appreciate the inclusion though.

The NP is great. Plays as a means to turn fiction into reality is nice and the whole thing was a nice read. You painted a very clear picture of the horror he's going through and is about to bring about. The cyclical nature is the cherry on top.

Lore is mostly an infodump, but it was needed and it's nicely written. I feel like we could have gotten more out of Aphoom though, the sheet is very focused on the syncretized worm and the second other outer god feels left out, even if there's thematic reason for its inclusion.
    That aside, you draw a very clear picture of why he'd be the one tied to this god, which is something you're already a master at doing at this point.

I don't care much for his personality though, it just blends in with Munch's.
    I don't think doing the same guy so many times is bad, but when you bring in someone related and they're still hitting the same note instead of a contrasting one, it feels like a rehash.
    Last edited by pinetree; May 4th, 2022 at 04:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    thx pine, you and your honest words are an mvp
    the voyager skill was mainly because of the iceberg and the pauper time seemed relevant enough to mention somewhere but i guess you are right. rare class, rare skill.
    I still stand with the Jeg Ser skill. Instead of Class Skill I actually see them as passive skill. I am from the FGO generation after all. Gameplay wise i imagined that this skill instead of granting the effects (debuff res up and gain 2 crit stars) it would take it away (stealing crit star from enemy for recognition and isolation as debuff res down). Upon review this effect may have been better used in Words from the Heart (I finally got them all, the emotion conveying skills for art, music and poetry).

Its funny how the pattern with recent Foreigners is 'Im unsure about the NP, you think its great but personality is whatever'. Aphoom has not much going on because she barely has anything going on. Its a 70s creation that is just Cthuga x Ithaqua. And I usually avoid recent outer gods so not diving into her more was a bit intentional as well. She was more of a tool for his ideal image to latch onto.
    His personality is like Munch because the comparison is pretty accurate. Creative incel Archetype (not that I can relate, no sir~). That is why his kit is so similar too. If I had a consistent FC for Munch I would go for the meme and create the Munchface archetype lol.
    thx again, i now feel better about this one knowing the weakness of the sheet.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.