Page 284 of 286 FirstFirst ... 184234274279282283284285286 LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

I mean, as far as I can tell, Olga using ORT as a vessel was not a negative for the Apostles. Having her around was probably useful.

US Friend Code
    Now that I've finished this, I wanna throw a few theories against the wall and see if any of them stick.

For now, let's start with the shortest and simplest: I think Camazotz might still be alive.

His conversation with Nitocris in Section 17 prior to Chaldea's arrival at the summit establishes that he could survive the destruction of Mictlan or even the Planet, nobody sees him die, and he doesn't leave a corpse behind despite being a flesh and blood inhabitant of that Lostbelt (but neither is there any vanishing sound effect). He's just gone, we're like "What happened to him?", and Nitocris is like "Don't worry about it". We're also told we need to finish him off "now or never" before he jumps off that cliff after Nitocris, suggesting he wasn't about to die on his own, so when Nitocris brushes off your question with "Besides, did you not slay him up on the summit?", it comes across as a fudged excuse. This all seems suspiciously like a setup to have him pop up later trying to protect Pan-Human History like he said he wanted to before his priorities shifted to Nitocris and that thread was dropped.

It would also explain why he isn't summonable, though since there's plenty of precedent for characters like him not being summonable until much later, this is really not that weird even if he's dead. Finally, and more significantly, it would explain why his profile isn't added to the Spirit Origin List unlike every other Beast we've defeated.

There are other ways to explain these facts, of course, but as a single, parsimonious explanation for all of them, I find this one attractive.
    Last edited by V.T.; July 19th, 2023 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure of that. There're staffs like Sylvia and Dustin, who have voiced their dislike towards her.
    Now that's actually surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Daybit RENOUNCED HIS HUMANITY the moment his dad touched an OOPart. He's a freaky space guy now.

The same place means the same location.

The title Archetype: Earth comes from Tsukihime.
    He did what?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    What exactly an Archetype entails gets explained a bit further into LB7 too.
    Oh, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    In this case "place" means "body", since he's saying he could drink your blood right now but that would mean it'd be ruined for when he could do it later after [more story things].

Also, regarding "what even is the Human Order". The literal translation of it is "human principle", which might help understanding more, but to give you the short of it this is how it is described in Solomon (NA TL but word replaced cuz lazy):

In other words, at its simplest you can just think of it as "the law of nature which says humanity must prevail" but also at the same time as "all the magical ways humanity's existence has affected the world". It comes in the form of, among other things, timelines and pruning (remember Alaya, the prayer for humanity's survival, prunes timelines specifically to maximize humanity's progress), and in that regard QTLs are included (as more QTLs are placed and humanity's history grows more "secure", the "Human Order Foundation" grows stronger), Servant summoning, no DAAs, etc etc.

When Chaldea talks about "protecting the Human Order", they're saying they need to protect both the history we've made but also the survival of mankind. If someone says they're "outside the Human Order" it means they're so alien our governing laws basically don't even apply. You get the gist, I'm sure.
    I must have skipped that part then.

You talk a bit again about how the deino are basically the embodiment of Kirschtaria's ideals
    Somehow I don't think he had this in mind.
    the bat offered a deal and she accepted of her own volition so that she could become stronger and be of more use to Chaldea
    By being stuck down there?

Da Vinci
    The Inner Sea of the Planet is the "place of the mind", said to be sure to exist once the planet starts being treated like a single life form.
    You remember Reality Marbles, right?
    It is one of magecraft's greatest techniques: to manifest the magus' mindscape and, even if only temporarily, plaster it on top of reality.
    You could think of the Inner Sea of the Planet as Earth's version of this. The Reality Marble of the planet itself, you could say.
    That said, Earth is big, you know. It has more than one "mental characteristic".
    Such as "a mind closely adjoined with human society", or even "a mind that takes issue with human society".
    Avalon is nothing more than one of such characteristics, a world closer to nature, which doesn't concern itself with human society.
    I'm not sure of they're trying to say here.

Mashu adds on that most beings like this are born in the Inner Sea, and then leave for the surface, before eventually returning to the Inner Sea. But there are those who cannot return, or maybe simply never do, and on the surface these came to be known as fairies or Elementals, and even sometimes Divine Spirits. However, all three of those can come into being in other ways, so you can't say all of those are born this way.
    And you go from that to talking beings. They were talking about places before.

Da Vinci
    That said, there is an Elemental who can only ever be born in the Inner Sea of the Planet.
    It's known as the "Brain of the Planet", and is a special type of Elemental. If the planet has a mind, it also stands to reason that it has a brain, right?
    The one born from, and later set to inherit Earth's memories---the sights it cannot forget. The one constantly dreaming of the planet's surface.
    The world of magecraft calls it the Archetype. The Elemental who waits ahead is this sort of incredible "Recorder".
    Does that mean they made the planet or something else?

I was wordering about the divergence point. So it's just because the one meteor came earlier for some reason.

Ixquic
    Not all. There is still one who remains alive.
    The last survivor, and the one who defeated ORT six million years ago: the King of the Ka'an.
    After undergoing such extensive body modifications, he couldn't even die, and succumbed to madness. Even now, this bat continues to soar across the underworld...
    The King of Braves, Camazotz. The mad king who still continues the search for his surely long-lost subjects.
    Are the Ka'an a real thing or are they just made up?

From the ends of the galaxy, flying in from the Oort cloud, came a planet-eating monster---
    What exactly is the Oort cloud?

Ixquic explains that though she can see from the eight to the second layers, Daybit proved an exception. From her POV as someone in an observatory, the space he occupied always appeared dark and without light. As if he was there, yet not; there, yet imperceivable. As though his atomic density was exceedingly low; an immaterial hollow. Da Vinci likens it to the supervoids of outer space, which seem normal when right in front of you, but when observed from a distance, they appear as nothing more than darkness. Perhaps Daybit camouflaged himself in such a manner?
    That's just even more suspicious.

So the world is going to be destroyed in a few days anyway and while they know how Daybit is going to revive ORT, they still don't know why. But they know what they have to do to stop him at least.

Back with Gudao and co. They give a quick recap of Tezcatlipoca's myth here, about how there are actually four of him in Aztec myth: red, blue, black, and white. The one before you is the black one, while Quetzalcoatl is the white one.
    How does that work?

After all, such things are actually part of most of the departments' research. Take Servants, for example, who are literally RECORD BANDS made manifest.

What's a Record Band?
    Last edited by Laserman; March 21st, 2023 at 04:40 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    He did what?
    The moment the halo activated, the Earthling Daybit was utterly obliterated, and what remained was a guy with a cosmic perspective and a connection to freaky space ghosts.
    What exactly is the Oort cloud?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oort_cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I'm not sure of they're trying to say here.
    They're saying that Earth has this thing called the "Inner Sea of the Planet", which is basically where the "mind" of the planet "lives". In LB6 we saw Avalon, which is one version of this, but they're saying that depending on undetermined conditions, there can be other versions as well. Avalon is just one that's like "nothing human here".

Does that mean they made the planet or something else?
    No, it means it has the memories of that, among other things. The Archetype is a "recorder" in the sense that it's like an "omniscient" diary that the planet keeps.

Are the Ka'an a real thing or are they just made up?
    The name comes from real history, but obviously IRL they weren't immortal cyberskeletons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calakmul

How does that work?
    That's just how Aztec myth is structured, don't think about it too hard.

What's a Record Band?
    A "Record Band" or a "Record Belt" or a "Record Boundary Band" or any variation of that term is the in-universe "scientific" name for what we call Servants. They're called that because they, more usually called Ghost Liners, are manifestations of a (historical) record, and the "band/belt" part refers to how it's a continuous thing. Thing about how Lostbelts are called that because unlike a Singularity, which is a single point in time, Lostbelts are a long period of history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    How does that work?
    Four major creator gods of Aztec myth - siblings Tezcatlipoca, Quetzalcoatl, Huitzilopochtli, and Xipe Totec - all are also each called Tezcatlipoca and delineated by a colour; actual Tezca = black, Quetz = white, Huitzil = blue, and Xipe = red.

(Obviously, this is where her true name is revealed even for her profile. And yes, she's literally a city made into a Servant.)
    I have to read that profile, because... Also, I assumed that they would all be like Oberon was.

Nevertheless, even then, something which could be said to be far more miraculous were the feelings Lev Lainur had towards you.
    What feelings?

It was then that he became aware that he had a single defect.
    The boy's memory, the system he had for recording events, had changed from how it was before.
    He could only record 5 minutes worth of events out of the 24 hours that made up each day. For him, each day had become 5 minutes worth of events.
    The reason this discovery came so late was because it caused no anomalies in his daily life.
    The theory that the events a human needs to remember in a single day easily fit into five minutes was something the boy had put into practice.
    For someone like him who compressed each day into 5 minutes, the 24 hours possessed by ordinary humans were a kind and gentle, yet inefficient amount of time.
    A Day's Bit. Daybit. The one born from the artifact of emptiness handed down among the Semites.
    So he can only remember 5 minutes of a day. I'm assuming it's because of his "cosmic perspective" that he's even able to function.
    Did he actually name himself because of that?

Daybit
    My objective is to maintain the balance. That is what I have deemed to be best for mankind.
    Should all seven Lostbelts be excised, it would mean the completion of his Securing of the Human Order.
    If that were to happen, it would surely give the Earthlings a bad name across the 13.8 billion light years around us. You'd be known as the most terrible intelligent life born in this universe.
    Before that happens, I will destroy Earth. That's the only way I can destroy Chaldea---
    The only way I can destroy the originator of this problem: the alien world known as CHALDEAS.
    My reaction to this is: What?
    The Alien God is alien precisely because she's a god born within CHALDEAS, while the bleaching of the Earth was Chaldea's plan: the Animusphere Grand Order, the Human Order Security Organization.
    He's the saying the bleaching was part of Chaldea's plan? Is this like a one hand doesn't know what the other is doing thing?

You don't believe this. After all, CHALDEAS was already destroyed, wasn't it? Wrong. It was protected.
    It's definitely hard to believe.

Daybit
    Why else do you think Anastasia was chosen for the raid on Chaldea?
    It was to preserve CHALDEAS within the ice.
    The renaissance genius Da Vinci might have been able to realize the truth during the raid.
    In which case, even if destroying CHALDEAS would be out of her reach, she might've been able to cause some kind of malfunction.
    That in turn, could have served to delay the plan.
    After all, Chaldea still had the option remaining to Rayshift into CHALDEAS at that time.
    That was taken into account by CHALDEAS, which is why it was made to appear as if it had ceased functioning by being covered in ice.
    And you actually did give up on CHALDEAS back then, escaping from the South Pole in the Shadow Border.
    Thus distancing yourself from the point where the real culprit was located.
    Did they really need Anastasia for that though?

I was confused at first, but if what he says is true, then it wouldn't go against the text about it not being to be restarted again.

Of course, he says if you hadn't done so, you would've just been wiped out. In fact, all your actions have been correct so far, but only insofar as they were answers to questions on an exam prepared by Marisbury. In other words, you are the bad guys, and you've been playing right into the hands of the evil mastermind this whole time.
    Okay, that I have a problem with.

That said, you did indeed save mankind once by taking back the future from the Human Order Incineration, and you should be proud of it. Chaldea might be the cause, but you are not the culprits. For the sake of mankind up to 2017, there could have been no better staff to safeguard it than you.
    So they did do the wrong thing the whole time then? Even back then? How can they be proud of that? It's nothing to be proud of, that's dumb.

Like he's making fun of them, or something. If that's true, it takes any value from it and turns it into a negative.

Oh, and I love how they couldn't stop someone from walking either.

I say that because it read like he didn't even bother running, he just walked to the thing.

The whole trying to stop ORT before it reaches the top and the whole form changes reminds me of Babylon. Make me wonder if that was intentional or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The moment the halo activated, the Earthling Daybit was utterly obliterated, and what remained was a guy with a cosmic perspective and a connection to freaky space ghosts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oort_cloud
    Man...
    So it came from that place specifically.

They're saying that Earth has this thing called the "Inner Sea of the Planet", which is basically where the "mind" of the planet "lives". In LB6 we saw Avalon, which is one version of this, but they're saying that depending on undetermined conditions, there can be other versions as well. Avalon is just one that's like "nothing human here".
    Oh, I see.

No, it means it has the memories of that, among other things. The Archetype is a "recorder" in the sense that it's like an "omniscient" diary that the planet keeps.
    Ah, that makes sense.
    The name comes from real history, but obviously IRL they weren't immortal cyberskeletons.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calakmul
    That's interesting.

That's just how Aztec myth is structured, don't think about it too hard.
    Hah.
    A "Record Band" or a "Record Belt" or a "Record Boundary Band" or any variation of that term is the in-universe "scientific" name for what we call Servants. They're called that because they, more usually called Ghost Liners, are manifestations of a (historical) record, and the "band/belt" part refers to how it's a continuous thing. Thing about how Lostbelts are called that because unlike a Singularity, which is a single point in time, Lostbelts are a long period of history.
    That's actually pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxar View Post
    Four major creator gods of Aztec myth - siblings Tezcatlipoca, Quetzalcoatl, Huitzilopochtli, and Xipe Totec - all are also each called Tezcatlipoca and delineated by a colour; actual Tezca = black, Quetz = white, Huitzil = blue, and Xipe = red.
    But it's not actually those separate gods in the Lostbelt though, right?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I'm done reading this now.
    This Lostbelt was better than the last one, (not like the bar was that high), with lots of big revelations.
    To think, all of this was set in motion by someone that's not even alive anymore.
    The barrier is so stupid though.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    When you say "last one", you mean LB6 or Traum?
    burn your dread you coward

Lostbelt 6, I liked Traum.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Late but hey

Mesoamerican cultures have literally ZERO relation with South America. No shared culture, history, language or anything. Funnily enough it looks like South American Indigenous people even descend from Polynesians instead of Asians like those in the northern part. They're as related as a Nigerian is to a Russian.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Can confirm, am Nigerian, have no relation to Russia

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Once again, Tez steals the show.

Wait, wrong thread.

Well, "wrong."
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kama Enjoyer View Post
    Mesoamerican cultures have literally ZERO relation with South America. No shared culture, history, language or anything.
    Then I have good news for you about this very Lostbelt!

- - - Updated - - -

(We can only assume the 'South American Lostbelt' remained referred to and treated as such because it was a holdover from a different story outline)
    (I'm pretty curious to see if this is addressed in a future interview or whatever)
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

US Friend Code
    I wonder if Nasu wanted to tell a story with Mexican stuff and ORT but had already said years ago that ORT landed in South America so was at an impasse. I have nothing to base this off of, just my first thought.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I think it's also the fact there are basically no records of South American history before the Iberians arrived in there and cannonball'd the place. So what to do? Well "Latin America" includes Mexico so close enough, I guess?
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I wonder if Nasu wanted to tell a story with Mexican stuff and ORT but had already said years ago that ORT landed in South America so was at an impasse. I have nothing to base this off of, just my first thought.
    I was about to use the copium method and suggest that maybe it's possible that Chaldea flew around enough through the Lostbelt that they ended up over Nahui Mictlan where Mexico would otherwise be, but the map of Lostbelts show the storm wall doesn't even go that far, so LOL to that olive branch of a theory that came to me.

JP Friend Code
    I still find it funny that they went and refer to the LB as Central/South American LB in the story to patch the geography mistake.

I don't mind they went with the ORT route-was certainly a climactic showdown.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    I think it's also the fact there are basically no records of South American history before the Iberians arrived in there and cannonball'd the place. So what to do? Well "Latin America" includes Mexico so close enough, I guess?
    This post was fact-checked by real Norte Chico quipu wizards; completely false and idiotic.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.