Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodless Sins

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    To be fair, that's not the impression Archer is giving when he's talking to Ilya in this prologue. He talks like he had a legit chance of beating Berserker. And Ilya agrees, which gives the impression that yes, Archer could have won. So sayeth the plot/narrator.
    I just said how he could have, theoretically, if he dragged the fight out of that castle.

Because lol trees are more of a problem than gravestones.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    I just said how he could have, theoretically, if he dragged the fight out of that castle.

And dragging the fight outside would have risked Ilya getting bored and sending Berserker out at Shirou, Rin, and Saber - Without him being able to slow him down before he covered half the distance.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eh, true enough.

Although if trees and gravestones are enough to slow Herk down an appreciable amount, then I'd say it'd do the same to Archer's projectiles. So maybe it wouldn't have helped all too much. Although Herk doesn't do tactics very well....

Man, now I wanna read sane Herk fighting. I should really get back to writing my ficlets to fulfill that when I can.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    To be fair, that's not the impression Archer is giving when he's talking to Ilya in this prologue. He talks like he had a legit chance of beating Berserker. And Ilya agrees, which gives the impression that yes, Archer could have won. So sayeth the plot/narrator.
    Yes, he could have won if he pulled more tricks from his sleeve and didn't have to worry about Ilya.

He could have done something similiar to what Gil did. Rain swords and then fire BPs to keep him distracted.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Yes, he could have won if he pulled more tricks from his sleeve and didn't have to worry about Ilya.

He could have done something similiar to what Gil did. Rain swords and then fire BPs to keep him distracted.
    Unless he has Enkidu, it won't be nearly as effective. Plus, he might be able to spam swords, but BPs are expensive prana-wise IIRC. I don't think he'd be able to use them very much, especially not when he's probably burning prana like crazy keeping ahead of Herk and firing swords.

Herk's got crazy staying power and the Ilya-dynamo backing him. Archer just has less to work with. Skill can trump superior power, but truly overwhelming power can trump skill.
    Last edited by Hymn of Ragnarok; September 30th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Well honestly, he could have ended the fight pretty instantly with one of his tricksy sword-arrows.

You just have to be willing to directly murder Ilya to do it. Which, well, he wasn't.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    Well honestly, he could have ended the fight pretty instantly with one of his tricksy sword-arrows.

You just have to be willing to directly murder Ilya to do it. Which, well, he wasn't.
    Herk's already shown he can take a Caladbolg and live. He could probably take one for Ilya.

Still, killing Ilya would be a very solid way to win. I wonder what it would take to get Archer to kill Ilya....

What an interesting idea.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    ... though if Herc was sane, ow. Not winning at all against him there.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Only thing that I think could rival Sane Herk is Serious Gilgamesh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    Only thing that I think could rival Sane Herk is Serious Gilgamesh.
    Which Gil is never serious.

Also, remember the part where Herk is reflecting on the battle and wishes he could have fought Archer sane and enjoyed it? That will play a part here.

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    And apparently Archer is the best class for Herk because it lets him favor cleverness and tactics. So if he ever got to use that guile, everyone is in for a nasty surprise. Genius Bruiser, anyone?

Pretty sure Herk had some sharp hunting skills, so if he fights like a hunter instead of a warrior, I pity anyone not on his side.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Which Gil is never serious.

Also, remember the part where Herk is reflecting on the battle and wishes he could have fought Archer sane and enjoyed it? That will play a part here.
    Oh. OH.

Also, thinking about it, Berserker Cu while under the Riastrad would be something pretty damn close. And Achilles could likely tank Nine Lives the first time.

^Above three posts.

I foresee "Stupid low luck rating!" in Archer's future.

Blog Entries
    Oh. OH.

Also, thinking about it, Berserker Cu while under the Riastrad would be something pretty damn close. And Achilles could likely tank Nine Lives the first time.
    Indeed, on both counts. Assuming Achilles protection is literally invincibility anywhere except for his ankles. If it's something like, "Unless pierced by a sufficiently strong NP," then Achilles is much less dangerous.

And got shafted, IMO.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Indeed, on both counts. Assuming Achilles protection is literally invincibility anywhere except for his ankles. If it's something like, "Unless pierced by a sufficiently strong NP," then Achilles is much less dangerous.

And got shafted, IMO.
    Jason might stand a chance. And DEFINATELY Diomedes.
    Smug son of a bitch wounded ARES.

Blog Entries
    Jason might stand a chance. And DEFINATELY Diomedes.
    Smug son of a bitch wounded ARES.
    Oh damn, I totally forgot about Diomedes. That fucker kicked ass and took names.

And he was mortal too. Scary, scary.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Jason might stand a chance.
    ...you don't know how much I want Berserker-Herakles to smash Jason into bloody paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh damn, I totally forgot about Diomedes. That fucker kicked ass and took names.

And he was mortal too. Scary, scary.
    The only reason I'd say Jason stands a chance is the Fleece (Which means FUCKING DRAGONS), and that the two have interacted before. Herc was part of the Argonauts IIRC.

Blog Entries
    The only reason I'd say Jason stands a chance is the Fleece (Which means FUCKING DRAGONS), and that the two have interacted before. Herc was part of the Argonauts IIRC.
    ...why would Jason be able to activate Argon Coin if Medea can't?
    Especially since Jason, by at least over half (possibly over 3/4ths) of the accounts, was purely human.

Not only that, but: dragons do not work that way in Nasuverse. Ever.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; September 30th, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Also, how soon should the lemon scene pop up?

I kid, mostly.