Page 308 of 621 FirstFirst ... 208258298303306307308309310313318358408 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,160 of 12410

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    youre not my dad

i am your dad
    this makes you Koga's father-in-law.
    This telenovela gets more and more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Del's Freud taking concerned notes rn.
    Yes. All three of them.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Poor Nitty. Being Nine’s dad and Koga’s in-law has not got to be easy. No wonder he drinks.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    It has been 23 hours since the summoning of your Servant, give or take a few minutes.

"Your time is nearly up," your Servant, Gatekeeper, says. He sounds amused. "Merely a single nychthemeron is just so little, is it not? Have you decided on your answer yet? I suppose I don't need to remind you that it is not wise to not respond, nor is it possible to delay the Trial any longer. I'll just go - poof! And there go your chances to win this Grail War."

You rub your eyes, put down the pen you were scribbling your final notes in with a cramped hand, and sigh. Are all Servants this troublesome, you wonder, and you make the mistake of wondering that out loud.

Gatekeeper grins. He replies with something that he undoubtedly considers witty and amusing, but with an already-practiced ear you tune him out. Conversation with him is roughly as tiring as running a marathon, anyway; you've got better things to do.

Instead, you focus on your notes. This is, roughly, what you've gathered so far, from reading everything you've been able to gather on such short notice as well as the Servant data available to you.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Aleister Crowley
    ████ Instrument of the True Will
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Class: Gatekeeper+

Natural Enemy: "boredom", or so he claims
    Attribute: Earth/Sky

STRENGTH: E
    ENDURANCE: E
    AGILITY: E
    MANA: C+
    LUCK: D
    NOBLE PHANTASM: ☆

Height/Weight: 180cm / 75kg
    Source: History
    Region: Britain
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Lore

Aleister Crowley, born simply Edward Alexander Crowley to a wealthy family in England in 1875, pursued an interest in Western esotericism from a young age. In 1898, he joined the esoteric Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and was there trained in ceremonial magic. In the meantime he also found time to publish poetry, do drugs, and be a notorious bisexual libertine.

After attempting to take over the Golden Dawn, Crowley traveled the world including studying the esoteric traditions of India. In April 1904, while on a honeymoon with his new wife Rosie, he claimed to have been contacted by the supernatural entity Aiwass, which provided him with the Book of the Law. This book was to form the basis for his new religion: Thelema (Ancient Greek for 'will'). Its first command was 'Do What Thou Wilt', to act in accordance to your own True Will. Crowley took to this rather enthusiastically.

From this point onward, Crowley continually attracted attention and notoriety in Britain as an author and as an occultist. In this time period, he also (co)founded the esoteric order of the A∴A∴. Though what the acronym actually stands for is unknown, it was the vehicle through which Thelema was propagated. In 1920 he founded the Abbey of Thelema in Sicily, where he lived together with his followers. When eventually he was evicted in 1923 by the Italian government, he toured France, Germany and England until his death in 1947.

Skills

Gatekeeper C
    The Class Skill of the Gatekeeper Class, the function of which is to provide the Master with a Trial. In this particular case, the Trial is the result of Crowley's Noble Phantasm, Aiwass. For 24 hours the Master must collect information from whatever sources they can, with the objective of finding out the true nature of Aiwass - Crowley's god.

Depending on the truth that they manage to uncover, Crowley's Saint Graph will spontaneously shed its restraints and be granted another Class, as well as his Skills, appearance, etc all receiving upgrades as well. Should the Trial not be completed, either deliberately or by accident, then Gatekeeper will simply vanish.

Charisma of Mystic Wisdom C
    A type of Charisma that originates from personal achievement in regards to occult knowledge. Gatekeeper is, even now, one of the most famous names in the global occult movement. In addition, he also gained fame as a prolific order of poetry, novels and occult literature, as well as being an infamous libertine who was frequently denounced for indulging freely in sex, drugs, and social criticism.

At this rank, Gatekeeper can lead a minor religious movement. After all, he is a prophet of Thelema, which is still considered a religion even nowadays - though admittedly it is a fringe religion even among fringe religions, with only a few thousand followers.

Global Occultism B
    A Skill showing Crowley has obtained knowledge of occult traditions from all over the world. He has studied Buddhist traditions of all major and minor kinds including Yoga, Christian occult traditions such as demon-summoning, Jewish traditions like Kabbalah, etc. In addition, the fact that modern Wicca practice partially derives from Crowley's efforts have granted him even wider knowledge.

That said, as long as the Trial goes on, not even Crowley is allowed to know what the true nature of the magecraft he practices is, and as a result he can only flaunt his knowledge instead of using it in practice.

Harbinger of the Next Aeon
    A++

A Skill for those who are said (or claim) to be the bringers of the next great shift in the development of mankind. Aeons, also written æons, are the particular term Crowley chose to use; other systems of time speak of the coming Satya Yuga, the Millennium Kingdom of God, the Day of Judgement, Ragnarok, etc. The effect is to render Gatekeeper impossible to truly classify as being from one particular age or region.

In Thelemic timekeeping, the first age was the Aeon of Isis, where man worshipped the Great Goddess: a time of paganism. The second age was the Aeon of Osiris, where man worshipped a single male god and therefore prized patriarchal values. The third - the coming age - is the Aeon of Horus, where man worships the child god Horus or Harpocrates and enters an age of self-realization and self-actualization.

Noble Phantasm

The Mystery of a Godhead Unformed
    Aiwass

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1

Crowley's standard Noble Phantasm as Gatekeeper. Its sole function is to make the Trial possible, by limiting Crowley's Saint Graph to its most basic form and, once the 24 hours have passed, to either ensure Gatekeeper's immediate demise or immediate transformation into the form deemed to be the "truth". It also ensures the Trial is 'fair', at least in the sense that it restricts Crowley from doign or saying anything that risks revealing his favourite version of the truth. Beyond that it has no function at all, and once the Trial is over it will seal itself and become totally nonfunctional.

Of course, once the Trial is over it cannot be restarted. Whatever choice the Master makes is final, as well.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

You've still got some time left before the Trial is over, but you've decided already. All that remains to conclude the Trial is to state your conclusion out loud.

Aiwass is...
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    >something that does not exist.
    The Realization, Variation A

The answer is simple: Aiwass is something that does not exist. Thelema is nothing but a fabrication.

You don't know when, exactly, Crowley hit upon the idea of simply fabricating an entire religion. The delusions of grandeur were, you assume, baked into his personality from birth, and an already-existing fascination for the occult must have been present also.

Whatever the case may be, it is clear to you that by 1898 upon his initiation to the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, Crowley had realized there were enormous gains to be made from the occult 'business'. Hence he tried to take it over from the inside by befriending the leader of the Order, Samuel Liddel MacGregor Mathers.

When this failed, he realized that even if he could not use an existing group as his foundation, he had the charisma and knowledge to simply create his own cult instead. During a trip to Cairo with his new wife, Rose, he began "experiencing visions" of a voice that he later termed Aiwass, who dictated to him the 'cornerstones of Thelema' - completely coincidentally the same principles that would let Crowley live life as extravagantly as he was doing already, if not moreso.

Eventually he managed to grow from a few believers to a cult with thousands of followers, by means of stunts, indoctrination, and drugs. With public rites, a surprising amount of believers, and of course the controversial prophet at its head, the religion of Thelema had become a fact.

You're broken out of your reverie by a sudden sound.

Gatekeeper is clapping and smiling. His smile, though, is tinged with malice that wasn't there before.

No - it had always been there. You just hadn't seen through it yet. Perhaps your protections against mental interference aren't quite up to par as you'd thought.

"Well done!" he exclaims. "Oh, well done, well done!"

Usually, you say, someone caught in such an immense lie would try to deny it.

"Oh, no," Gatekeeper - no, Trickster - says. As if in mockery of your point his smile grows even wider. "I've never had much need for such silly little things as shame. Shame is what commoners feel. I am above it entirely."

Shame, you retort, is when someone realizes they've done wrong. It doesn't seem like Trickster is capable of realizing that. Not with his enormous, swollen ego in the way.

"Yes, yes, my 'ego', my character 'flaws', my drug 'habit', they're all utterly horrible traits. Immensely deplorable. All that rot. I've heard it all before, dear. But this simply is me, Aleister Crowley, Master Therion, the Beast Six-Hundred Sixty and Six - a man with an innate genius so immense, so incontrovertible, that he needed to invent a god to contain it all."

How do you even to begin to respond to that?

"Ahaha! But wasn't it a grand deception that I wove? Weren't you glad to be caught up in my lie? Don't worry, poppet," Trickster says, jumping up from his chair to caress your cheek with a gloved hand. "I have so much more pretty lies to tell you, my little Whore of Babalon..."

{Cleared Trial. Unlocking Saint Graph Variation A...}

Aleister Crowley
    False Instrument of the True Will

Updated Skills

Deceit B
    The Class Skill of Tricksters: the ability to weave deceit so skillfully, reality pales by comparison. Supports the telling of tall tales, evading questions, misrepresenting the truth and every other manner of deception.

As a habitual fraudster, Trickster is not only capable of telling lies but greatly enjoys it, also. Even for minor things that barely benefit him, he will cheat and swindle whatever he can for the sheer pleasure of what he calls "the craft". In modern terms Aleister Crowley might be called a pathological liar. As a matter of fact, there are rumours that Crowley was a spy for British intelligence at this time, though never proven.

It is this skill at deceit that allows Trickster to pretend to have mystical skills or even perform "magick". Often it is nothing more than mere sleight of hand, but in addition to his Noble Phantasm it is more than sufficient to fool those who are not knowledgeable in magecraft or similar topics.

Charisma of the False Wisdom A
    (This skill replaces 'Charisma of Mystic Wisdom'.)
    A skill showing Trickster's ability to confound others with his knowledge of the occult and dazzle them with the strength of his personality. Whereas the skill Charisma of Mystic Wisdom let one lead a fringe religion, the true nature of this skill is that it is specifically meant to let one lead a cult. Its specialty is to make others believe one is capable of miracles, even despite evidence to the contrary.

Despite Thelema being almost entirely fiction, it cannot be denied that Crowley built a cult around himself by sheer magnetism. Crowley is equally brilliant in one-on-one conversations and preaching to the masses; in a world where many are desperate for something to save them as the one in which the Grail Wars take place, it wouldn't be strange for him to amass another group of diehard followers even within the confines of the Grail War.

The means by which Trickster accomplishes this are many. He belittles his believers and makes them believe them can only have self-worth through the rituals of Thelema; he makes them fear and love him in equal measure to the point of insanity; he separates them from family and friends and surrounds them with fellow believers in the Abbey of Thelema.

While the Master enjoys some measure of protection due to once already having seen through Trickster's lies, this does not mean that they are fully immune to being tricked, nor that Trickster has given up on making the Master a true believer.

Updated Noble Phantasm

Which is also Falsely Called BREAKS. The Wanderings or Falsifications of the One Thought of Father Perdurabo, which Thought is itself Untrue, Liber CCCXXXIII
    The Book of Lies

Type: Anti-Mind
    Range: 1-99
    Max Targets: ???

Aleister Crowley's Noble Phantasm as Trickster, unlocked by seeing his true charisma. It is named after a book he did, in fact, publish, consisting of 91 chapters of one page of text each. Chapters include a page with nothing but a question mark, others containing poems, other still with rituals or instructions. It is a book, in short, that is incomprehensible without the use of another booklet Crowley prepared (and, of course, which is sold separately).

The effect of the Book of Lies is simply to manipulate how the targets see Crowley - more specifically, to manipulate the 'weight' Crowley's presence has in their minds. Upon successfully activating the Book of Lies, it will appear to the target that Trickster is behind everything that occurs, no matter how minimal. When the target achieves a goal, they will feel the need to credit Trickster for his help without which they would have failed, even if he wasn't remotely involved. When the target fails they must realize that Trickster caused them to fail. When something happens it is Crowley's Will that caused it to occur, be it positive or negative.

As a Mental Interference effect, it is ideal for Trickster's nature as the leader of a cult, but it can be resisted with the appropriate Skills. However, should it take hold successfully, even witnessing Trickster's death with their own eyes cannot free the target from the delusions caused by the Book of Lies.

Updated Relationships

Sherlock Holmes
    "Ah, Sherlock! You don't mind me calling that, do you? Just 'Holmes' is so dreadfully impersonal. You do mind? Haha! What an excellent joke, my friend. Tell me, is that Doyle fellow around somewhere? We had a most illuminating conversation on magick recently, and he was planning to pledge his support for the Chaldean branch of the A∴A∴.

Acting strong and silent, are we, now? Shame, shame. Don't bother feigning disgust, I can see right through you. By the way - how's your stash looking, old boy? I could do with a little ritual aid, if you understand me. But then of course you must. Who's your source, anyway? Paracelsus, perhaps? I've asked him before but I'll need just a little more work before he'll give me the kind of prescription I require."

Madame de Montespan
    "Madame, madame, c'est un vrai plaisir! Please, allow me to introduce myself. I am Aleister Crowley, the First High Priest of Thelema. Perhaps you have heard of me - I certainly have heard of you, madame. Your beauty precedes you, as does your reputation, and I mean that only in the most flattering way. Your Black Masses, in particular, stirred my mind and my soul to equal degrees.

Ah, but Madame, there is no need to fear! Your previous rituals failed because they were led by quacks and fools! They had no idea of the mystical forces they had set in motion, and the considerable magickal power brought to bear to gain the King's heart was, by and large, wasted. Here - I shall give you one of my little brochures. Read them, enjoy them - I think the section on, ah, love magicks is particularly inspired - and if you have questions, feel free to come speak to me again."

Anton Szandor LaVey / Howard Stanton Levey
    "Listen here, you little shit, what's the idea with infringing on my territory, huh? Satanism's Black Pope, my bloody arse! I'll show you who the real evilest man in the fucking world is!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    >something that did not exist but does now exist.
    The Realization, Variation B

The answer is somewhat complex. Aiwass did not exist before Crowley's lifetime, during Crowley's lifetime, or after Crowley's lifetime. Until 23 and half an hour ago, it did not exist. And yet when Crowley was summoned, it immediately became clear that Aiwass did exist.

In other words, Aiwass came into existence when Crowley as a Servant did. You don't know if this is something that has happened before or will happen again if Crowley is ever summoned elsewhere, but you know this:

Aiwass is Crowley. Not living, human Crowley, but Crowley as a Servant.

Gatekeeper is clapping and smiling. His smile, though, is tinged with that distinct flavour of insanity necessary to turn a brilliant artist into a true genius.

"Well done!" Gatekeeper - no, Alter-Ego exclaims. "I see you've figured it out! Isn't it grandiose? Isn't it wonderful? More than a hundred years of planning, all to result in this very moment! From beyond the grave I have returned to reign supreme above all other paltry occultists!"

The lamps in your study burst into brilliant light, even those you'd left extinguished. The glass of each of the lamps shatters with a series of echoing cracks that sound almost like applause. The room is suddenly bright as day, but one by one each lamps flickers one, twice, before the light drifts like a solid thing from them and towards Crowley.

He accepts the lights like a Pope might greet the believers - no, perhaps more like a beloved owner might greet their pets. The lights swirl about him, bobbing and weaving themselves into arcane shapes that hurt the eyes to look at and the mind to think about. As he waves his hand each dot of light brightens, changes color, and gains a definite shape - and, from what you can tell, some level of intelligence.

How long has he been planning his own deification, you wonder?

He looks amused. "Since about 1904, on the 8th of April. I had a vision, you see. I heard a higher power speak to me - in my own voice. It whispered blasphemous little nothings in my ears, but oh, the sheer immaculate sense of it all! The glory, the immensity of my mission! I was enraptured."

Alter-Ego leans forward. "What it said was this: the Bible claims God created Man in His image. Why, then, couldn't Man - I - create God in My image?"

He's insane. Utterly, stark-raving mad. And yet - undeniably, it worked.

"I didn't then know of the Throne of Heroes, obviously. No, this has all been a wonderful, exceptional coincidence. I genuinely mean that. By the way, do you realize what the best part of it all is?" Alter-Ego says. "It wouldn't have worked if not for the Trial being put into place."

What does he mean by that?

"The Trial, like all trials, is a mechanism for establishing the truth, no?" he says. "Then, by finding the answer you did, you have engraved the Truth on my Saint Graph. Without the Trial, without you being allowed to find your own answer, doubt could have remained. And we can't have that, can we, poppet?"

{Cleared Trial. Unlocking Saint Graph Variation B...}

Aleister Crowley
    Artificial Instrument of the True Will

Updated Skills

High Servant B
    Alter-Ego has embedded parts of the demon Baphomet, the god Harpocrates, and the fallen angel Lucifer into his Saint Graph to form what he refers to as 'Aiwass', which resides in his subconscious. The fusion has given him power over light of all kinds, being able to control it as he wishes as if it were a physical thing. For example, he delights in first ripping the light from any source he can find and then displaying it behind him prominently - a visual pun on the Golden Dawn, an Order he once had joined.

Beyond light, Alter-Ego also can take away or grant youth as he pleases, controls fire, may give himself a B-rank in any physical parameter of his choosing, and has a host of other occult powers. In return his personality flaws - arrogance, conceit, etc - have all been magnified, though it is in all likelihood hard to tell.

True Thelema EX
    (This Skill replaces Global Occultism.)
    A Skill that only Alter-Ego can lay claim to. In essence, he activates spells by 'praying' to himself and letting the god slumber in his unconscious, Aiwass, fulfill the effects. While this prevents Alter-Ego from fully utilizing the power that is in theory available to him, it also means that it does not require conscious effort to actually make the desired effects happen. If Alter-Ego were to try constructing each spell on the fly, he would run the risk of his concentration being interrupted or his desires influencing the result of the spell; by letting Aiwass handle the spell itself he can in practice multi-task.

The true core of Thelema can be summarized as the command "Do What Thou Wilt" - do as you please, free of restraint. Find your True Will and thereby become a star - occupying a time and position in space, individual without conflicting with others.

So far Alter-Ego has only found a way to respond to his own 'spellcraft'. It is an ongoing effort of Alter-Ego's to find a way that he can pick up on prayers from Thelemists across the world and, essentially, become its foundation so that Thelema becomes a true system of magecraft.

Updated Noble Phantasm

The Chosen Priest, The Apostle Of Infinite Space, the Prince-Priest: the Beast
    Master Therion

Type: Anti-World
    Aleister Crowley's Noble Phantasm as Alter-Ego, unlocked by realizing his true brilliance. Much in the same way that Aiwass is the deliberate result of building links between Crowley, Lucifer, Baphomet and Harpocrates, it is the result of building links between Crowley and the Beast of Revelations. As a result Alter-Ego can lay claim to some small part of the Authority of Potnia Theron: Conception of All Animals.

By using said fragment of the Authority and reinforcing it with his True Thelema, Alter-Ego can create 'angels' or even 'archangels', akin to autonomous familiars with their own thoughts. These are created from light and can take whatever physical shape they desire. The speed of their spawning is not to be underestimated: should he so wish he could create an thousand-strong army of loyal followers with C-rank in Strength, Agility and Endurance in half an hour.

Should he ever draw on the Authority too much, though, then the Beast itself will take notice and come to deal with this pretender to its Ten Crowns. It is advised, therefore, not to abuse this power, as the Advent of a Beast and the subsequent summoning of a Grand to deal with it would prove utterly catastrophic, especially as Alter-Ego and his Master would suffer the karmic backlash of the whole event.

Updated Relationships

Cagliostro, Helena Blavatsky, other occultists
    "Look at me, peasants! Look at me and weep, because you can see only the vision of greatness that is me! I have returned from beyond the Abyss to take my rightful place as King of the Occult! Worship at my altar, pay me homage, and admit your folly in ever considering yourselves on my level!"

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus
    "You're already here? But I've barely used my bloody Noble Phantasm. Then again, I have to say you're not quite as fearsome as I thought, false-Beast. Actually, this might work out pretty well for me... So be it!

Come now, don't pretend you don't know what I mean! Let us settle this once and for all, fiend! Poet to poet - man to woman - bringer of a glorious new age to bringer of an age of ruin! Let the better Beast win and lay claim to the Ten Crowns!"

Jacques de Molay (Foreigner)
    "Hello, madame! Forgive me if I come on too aggressively, it is by no means my nature to be presumptuous (despite what others may say) - but one recognizes something familiar in you. Baphomet, I do think. I did call it an androgyne, after all. And yet there is something strange...

Excuse me? Shub-Niggurath? Oh. Oh dear. That is... worrying. Haha..."

>something that does exist, but should not.
    The Realization, Variation C

The answer is surprisingly simple: Aiwass is something that does exist, and Crowley is its avatar.

But Aiwass is not God. Or, at least, not a God as most would know the concept.

Crowley was not born for greatness, but he spent his entire life trying desperately to find greatness anyway. He joined occult orders to escape a gnawing feeling that perhaps he was merely normal; experimented with drugs to find a life beyond the mediocre one he thought he already led; journeyed to faraway countries and hiked distant mountaintops, searching from something that set him apart from the faceless masses.

Of course he was not ever truly normal in the first place - who is? - but he never considered himself to be not-normal enough. That said, being caught in a perpetual search for meaning or for something extraordinary is not particularly rare, although perhaps the lengths to which Crowley went were.

What made Crowley worthy of particular note is that he, unfortunately, found a meaning. In equal measure, it found him.

You're broken from your musings by the shadows, which are staring at you hungrily and with knowing looks in their eyeless sockets.

Gatekeeper is clapping and smiling, though. The shadows, which have gained depth beyond any shadows you have ever seen before, slide over his smiling face, though there is no source of light with which they would move.

"Well done!" Gatekeeper - no, Foreigner exclaims. He sounds impressed but not particularly excited. "I see you've figured it out. Unfortunately, it is too late."

You back up. Dread like ice begins to creep upon you, its squamous fingers threading up your spine like the pricking of a fine goose-feathered quill.

What have you summoned? What have you brought into your house?

"A cursed, loathsome thing, my patron is," Foreigner says, as if he's reading your thoughts. The hideous shadows bleed themselves onto his neck and form into a ring that with seeming physical force squeezes Foreigner's windpipe shut affectionately. He wheezes but forces a smile.

The shadows let go reluctantly, and it is only then that you realize that your shadow is wriggling as well. You are sure that there is nothing behind you, nor a light which could cast the hideous shapes formed by the maddening writhing you cannot help but stare at.

As if from a great distance you hear Foreigner speak.

"I survived our meeting for one reason and one reason alone," he says, his voice still hoarse. "My lord, the Black Pharoah, is not content with one sacrifice, you see. I enjoy his patronage in return for giving him offerings. That is the true nature of Thelema: it is a cult for dread Nyarlahotep. One day, if we are so lucky, my followers shall cast off their consciousness and transcend beyond Yog-Sothoth's Gates, that which I have called Choronzon."

The name makes your eyes snap from your shadow to Crowley, but the shadows have consumed most of his body so that only his face is still visible. It contorts oddly as he speaks, like something is slithering underneath his skin with every word, fighting to break loose.

You try to speak, to bring forth your Command Seals, but it is already too late. Tendrils of shadow restrain your hands from moving and force your mouth shut.

"Thank you for summoning me," Foreigner says. "I enjoyed our little chat. So did milord, I believe. Now, unfortunately, it is goodbye."

You see only darkness, then nothing - and then things which make you wish for nothingness instead.

{Cleared Trial. Unlocking Saint Graph Variation C...}

Aleister Crowley
    Divine Instrument of the Crawling Chaos

Updated Skills

Existence Outside the Domain C
    The first Class Skill associated with the Foreigner Class, representing their link to an entity not from this Earth. In this particular case, though, the Black Pharaoh Nyarlahotep has spent some time acclimatizing to Earth (or perhaps having Earth acclimatize to him), resulting in the lesser rank of C even though it would normally merit the rank of B.

As the herald to Azathoth's own herald, Foreigner can perform a partial transformation into any of Nyarlahotep's thousand forms, as well as enjoying general good relations with any of the Outer Gods whose cults Nyarlahotep assists. If the respective Foreigners are as receptive to him will depend on the other's character and bearing, of course.

Insanity A
    A sort of "mental pollution" that influences not only the Servant but also spreads like a contagion into the minds of others. The primary psychological driver of Foreigner's contact with his patron was his desire to be more than normal - a desire Nyarlahotep has certainly seen fit to grant.

At any time, Foreigner finds himself needing to stand out, to be memorable, to be famous, or even better, infamous. He needs attention much in the way a fish needs water, and will even willingly bring himself into harms' way to get more attention.

Harbinger of the Black Pharaoh EX
    (This Skill replaces Harbinger of the Next Aeon.)
    A Skill for those who are said (or claim) to be the bringers of the next great shift in the development of mankind. Foreigner claimed the title of the prophet of Thelema, proclaiming the Aeon of Horus - a glorious time where man shall achieve growth like never before in consciousness, in love, in self-realization.

In a warped sense, this is even true. When Nyarlahotep comes and unleashes the Elder Gods to freely walk the Earth once more, mankind shall be free from higher thought, abandoning every pretense of self being separate from the cosmos. Man will become able to revel in the ability to simply kill to their hearts' content, to serve their eldritch lords and enjoy the insanity that is their patrons' gift wholeheartedly.

As a preview of the joys that are to come, Foreigner's very presence has the effect of loosening restraints. In his presence Command Seals begin to lose their effectiveness, and the longer one remains in his vicinity the more self-restraint becomes impossible.

Updated Noble Phantasm

Truth! Truth! Truth! crieth the Dweller in the Abyss
    Choronzon

Aleister Crowley's Noble Phantasm as Foreigner, unlocked by experiencing his true insanity. It is a "gift" from his patron the Crawling Chaos in the form of a small black pyramid, made of an unidentifiable material that does not occur on Earth.

Its function when activated is simply to make a small rip in the tear of reality - thereby creating an entry point from which other Outer Gods or similar entities can establish a small but significant foothold on Earth. Fortunately Foreigner's use of this Noble Phantasm is limited enough that he can neither open the rip for long, nor control which entities come through the rip. It is as likely to summon parts of Azathoth, which merely gives him a limited amount of atomic sludge that melts through everything in its path before it too disappears, as it is to summon some small part of the Gate that Yog-Sothoth guards and thereby drive everyone who sees it mad as a matter of course.

Updated Relationships

Van Gogh
    "You know, I very much admired your work when I was alive. It is such an immense shame you do not wish to indulge your patron's blessings. I do not get it, I truly do not! There is no sadness in madness, no depression in insanity! You were blessed - special! And yet... and yet! What a tragedy; what a farce."

BB-Pele
    "A fellow prophet of the Haunter of the Dark? No, not quite... Milord's mark isn't upon you, but it feels like he has tainted you anyway. How delightfully odd. Let us drink together of his hallowed chalice of madness!"

Creator Notes:
    Yeah, pretenders are neat and all with being two servants in one, but what if I used a different class to create a four-in-one Servant and try to do something with DelRey's tips? Haha, just kidding. Unless?

Anyway, like, subscribe and hit that bell leave a comment if you liked it or hated it or whatever. Next up is either going to be a Watcher, another attempt to play with collapses, or someone who practices a martial art I guarantee none of you have ever heard of before. Stay tuned.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Making a semi-VN of a Servant sheet is a revolutionary idea I can get behind, and putting all these different interpretations of the character together? Wow. I... don't have any words to praise this concept further.

Blog Entries
    cracks open a cold one

Eyupp

Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    It has been 23 hours since the summoning of your Servant, give or take a few minutes.

"Your time is nearly up," your Servant, Gatekeeper, says. He sounds amused. "Merely a single nychthemeron is just so little, is it not? Have you decided on your answer yet? I suppose I don't need to remind you that it is not wise to not respond, nor is it possible to delay the Trial any longer. I'll just go - poof! And there go your chances to win this Grail War."

You rub your eyes, put down the pen you were scribbling your final notes in with a cramped hand, and sigh. Are all Servants this troublesome, you wonder, and you make the mistake of wondering that out loud.

Gatekeeper grins. He replies with something that he undoubtedly considers witty and amusing, but with an already-practiced ear you tune him out. Conversation with him is roughly as tiring as running a marathon, anyway; you've got better things to do.

Instead, you focus on your notes. This is, roughly, what you've gathered so far, from reading everything you've been able to gather on such short notice as well as the Servant data available to you.

Aleister Crowley
    ████ Instrument of the True Will

Class: Gatekeeper+

Natural Enemy: "boredom", or so he claims
    Attribute: Earth/Sky

STRENGTH: E
    ENDURANCE: E
    AGILITY: E
    MANA: C+
    LUCK: D
    NOBLE PHANTASM: ☆

Height/Weight: 180cm / 75kg
    Source: History
    Region: Britain
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Lore

Aleister Crowley, born simply Edward Alexander Crowley to a wealthy family in England in 1875, pursued an interest in Western esotericism from a young age. In 1898, he joined the esoteric Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and was there trained in ceremonial magic. In the meantime he also found time to publish poetry, do drugs, and be a notorious bisexual libertine.

After attempting to take over the Golden Dawn, Crowley traveled the world including studying the esoteric traditions of India. In April 1904, while on a honeymoon with his new wife Rosie, he claimed to have been contacted by the supernatural entity Aiwass, which provided him with the Book of the Law. This book was to form the basis for his new religion: Thelema (Ancient Greek for 'will'). Its first command was 'Do What Thou Wilt', to act in accordance to your own True Will. Crowley took to this rather enthusiastically.

From this point onward, Crowley continually attracted attention and notoriety in Britain as an author and as an occultist. In this time period, he also (co)founded the esoteric order of the A∴A∴. Though what the acronym actually stands for is unknown, it was the vehicle through which Thelema was propagated. In 1920 he founded the Abbey of Thelema in Sicily, where he lived together with his followers. When eventually he was evicted in 1923 by the Italian government, he toured France, Germany and England until his death in 1947.

Skills

Gatekeeper C
    The Class Skill of the Gatekeeper Class, the function of which is to provide the Master with a Trial. In this particular case, the Trial is the result of Crowley's Noble Phantasm, Aiwass. For 24 hours the Master must collect information from whatever sources they can, with the objective of finding out the true nature of Aiwass - Crowley's god.

Depending on the truth that they manage to uncover, Crowley's Saint Graph will spontaneously shed its restraints and be granted another Class, as well as his Skills, appearance, etc all receiving upgrades as well. Should the Trial not be completed, either deliberately or by accident, then Gatekeeper will simply vanish.

Charisma of Mystic Wisdom C
    A type of Charisma that originates from personal achievement in regards to occult knowledge. Gatekeeper is, even now, one of the most famous names in the global occult movement. In addition, he also gained fame as a prolific order of poetry, novels and occult literature, as well as being an infamous libertine who was frequently denounced for indulging freely in sex, drugs, and social criticism.

At this rank, Gatekeeper can lead a minor religious movement. After all, he is a prophet of Thelema, which is still considered a religion even nowadays - though admittedly it is a fringe religion even among fringe religions, with only a few thousand followers.

Global Occultism B
    A Skill showing Crowley has obtained knowledge of occult traditions from all over the world. He has studied Buddhist traditions of all major and minor kinds including Yoga, Christian occult traditions such as demon-summoning, Jewish traditions like Kabbalah, etc. In addition, the fact that modern Wicca practice partially derives from Crowley's efforts have granted him even wider knowledge.

That said, as long as the Trial goes on, not even Crowley is allowed to know what the true nature of the magecraft he practices is, and as a result he can only flaunt his knowledge instead of using it in practice.

Harbinger of the Next Aeon
    A++

A Skill for those who are said (or claim) to be the bringers of the next great shift in the development of mankind. Aeons, also written æons, are the particular term Crowley chose to use; other systems of time speak of the coming Satya Yuga, the Millennium Kingdom of God, the Day of Judgement, Ragnarok, etc. The effect is to render Gatekeeper impossible to truly classify as being from one particular age or region.

In Thelemic timekeeping, the first age was the Aeon of Isis, where man worshipped the Great Goddess: a time of paganism. The second age was the Aeon of Osiris, where man worshipped a single male god and therefore prized patriarchal values. The third - the coming age - is the Aeon of Horus, where man worships the child god Horus or Harpocrates and enters an age of self-realization and self-actualization.

Noble Phantasm

The Mystery of a Godhead Unformed
    Aiwass

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1

Crowley's standard Noble Phantasm as Gatekeeper. Its sole function is to make the Trial possible, by limiting Crowley's Saint Graph to its most basic form and, once the 24 hours have passed, to either ensure Gatekeeper's immediate demise or immediate transformation into the form deemed to be the "truth". It also ensures the Trial is 'fair', at least in the sense that it restricts Crowley from doign or saying anything that risks revealing his favourite version of the truth. Beyond that it has no function at all, and once the Trial is over it will seal itself and become totally nonfunctional.

Of course, once the Trial is over it cannot be restarted. Whatever choice the Master makes is final, as well.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

You've still got some time left before the Trial is over, but you've decided already. All that remains to conclude the Trial is to state your conclusion out loud.

Aiwass is...
    >something that does not exist.
    The Realization, Variation A

The answer is simple: Aiwass is something that does not exist. Thelema is nothing but a fabrication.

You don't know when, exactly, Crowley hit upon the idea of simply fabricating an entire religion. The delusions of grandeur were, you assume, baked into his personality from birth, and an already-existing fascination for the occult must have been present also.

Whatever the case may be, it is clear to you that by 1898 upon his initiation to the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, Crowley had realized there were enormous gains to be made from the occult 'business'. Hence he tried to take it over from the inside by befriending the leader of the Order, Samuel Liddel MacGregor Mathers.

When this failed, he realized that even if he could not use an existing group as his foundation, he had the charisma and knowledge to simply create his own cult instead. During a trip to Cairo with his new wife, Rose, he began "experiencing visions" of a voice that he later termed Aiwass, who dictated to him the 'cornerstones of Thelema' - completely coincidentally the same principles that would let Crowley live life as extravagantly as he was doing already, if not moreso.

Eventually he managed to grow from a few believers to a cult with thousands of followers, by means of stunts, indoctrination, and drugs. With public rites, a surprising amount of believers, and of course the controversial prophet at its head, the religion of Thelema had become a fact.

Gatekeeper is clapping and smiling. His smile, though, is tinged with malice that wasn't there before.

No - it had always been there. You just hadn't seen through it yet. Perhaps your protections against mental interference aren't quite up to par as you'd thought.

"Well done!" he exclaims. "Oh, well done, well done!"

Usually, you say, someone caught in such an immense lie would try to deny it.

"Oh, no," Gatekeeper - no, Trickster - says. As if in mockery of your point his smile grows even wider. "I've never had much need for such silly little things as shame. Shame is what commoners feel. I am above it entirely."

Shame, you retort, is when someone realizes they've done wrong. It doesn't seem like Trickster is capable of realizing that. Not with his enormous, swollen ego in the way.

"Yes, yes, my 'ego', my character 'flaws', my drug 'habit', they're all utterly horrible traits. Immensely deplorable. All that rot. I've heard it all before, dear. But this simply is me, Aleister Crowley, Master Therion, the Beast Six-Hundred Sixty and Six - a man with an innate genius so immense, so incontrovertible, that he needed to invent a god to contain it all."

How do you even to begin to respond to that?

"Ahaha! But wasn't it a grand deception that I wove? Weren't you glad to be caught up in my lie? Don't worry, poppet," Trickster says, jumping up from his chair to caress your cheek with a gloved hand. "I have so much more pretty lies to tell you, my little Whore of Babalon..."

{Cleared Trial. Unlocking Saint Graph Variation A...}

Aleister Crowley
    False Instrument of the True Will

Updated Skills

Deceit B
    The Class Skill of Tricksters: the ability to weave deceit so skillfully, reality pales by comparison. Supports the telling of tall tales, evading questions, misrepresenting the truth and every other manner of deception.

As a habitual fraudster, Trickster is not only capable of telling lies but greatly enjoys it, also. Even for minor things that barely benefit him, he will cheat and swindle whatever he can for the sheer pleasure of what he calls "the craft". In modern terms Aleister Crowley might be called a pathological liar. As a matter of fact, there are rumours that Crowley was a spy for British intelligence at this time, though never proven.

It is this skill at deceit that allows Trickster to pretend to have mystical skills or even perform "magick". Often it is nothing more than mere sleight of hand, but in addition to his Noble Phantasm it is more than sufficient to fool those who are not knowledgeable in magecraft or similar topics.

Charisma of the False Wisdom A
    (This skill replaces 'Charisma of Mystic Wisdom'.)
    A skill showing Trickster's ability to confound others with his knowledge of the occult and dazzle them with the strength of his personality. Whereas the skill Charisma of Mystic Wisdom let one lead a fringe religion, the true nature of this skill is that it is specifically meant to let one lead a cult. Its specialty is to make others believe one is capable of miracles, even despite evidence to the contrary.

Despite Thelema being almost entirely fiction, it cannot be denied that Crowley built a cult around himself by sheer magnetism. Crowley is equally brilliant in one-on-one conversations and preaching to the masses; in a world where many are desperate for something to save them as the one in which the Grail Wars take place, it wouldn't be strange for him to amass another group of diehard followers even within the confines of the Grail War.

The means by which Trickster accomplishes this are many. He belittles his believers and makes them believe them can only have self-worth through the rituals of Thelema; he makes them fear and love him in equal measure to the point of insanity; he separates them from family and friends and surrounds them with fellow believers in the Abbey of Thelema.

While the Master enjoys some measure of protection due to once already having seen through Trickster's lies, this does not mean that they are fully immune to being tricked, nor that Trickster has given up on making the Master a true believer.

Updated Noble Phantasm

Which is also Falsely Called BREAKS. The Wanderings or Falsifications of the One Thought of Father Perdurabo, which Thought is itself Untrue, Liber CCCXXXIII
    The Book of Lies

Type: Anti-Mind

Aleister Crowley's Noble Phantasm as Trickster, unlocked by seeing his true charisma. It is named after a book he did, in fact, publish, consisting of 91 chapters of one page of text each. Chapters include a page with nothing but a question mark, others containing poems, other still with rituals or instructions. It is a book, in short, that is incomprehensible without the use of another booklet Crowley prepared (and, of course, which is sold separately).

The effect of the Book of Lies is simply to manipulate how the targets see Crowley - more specifically, to manipulate the 'weight' Crowley's presence has in their minds. Upon successfully activating the Book of Lies, it will appear to the target that Trickster is behind everything that occurs, no matter how minimal. When the target achieves a goal, they will feel the need to credit Trickster for his help without which they would have failed, even if he wasn't remotely involved. When the target fails they must realize that Trickster caused them to fail. When something happens it is Crowley's Will that caused it to occur, be it positive or negative.

As a Mental Interference effect, it is ideal for Trickster's nature as the leader of a cult, but it can be resisted with the appropriate Skills. However, should it take hold successfully, even witnessing Trickster's death with their own eyes cannot free the target from the delusions caused by the Book of Lies.

Updated Relationships

Sherlock Holmes
    "Ah, Sherlock! You don't mind me calling that, do you? Just 'Holmes' is so dreadfully impersonal. You do mind? Haha! What an excellent joke, my friend. Tell me, is that Doyle fellow around somewhere? We had a most illuminating conversation on magick recently, and he was planning to pledge his support for the Chaldean branch of the A∴A∴.

Acting strong and silent, are we, now? Shame, shame. Don't bother feigning disgust, I can see right through you. By the way - how's your stash looking, old boy? I could do with a little ritual aid, if you understand me. But then of course you must. Who's your source, anyway? Paracelsus, perhaps? I've asked him before but I'll need just a little more work before he'll give me the kind of prescription I require."

Madame de Montespan
    "Madame, madame, c'est un vrai plaisir! Please, allow me to introduce myself. I am Aleister Crowley, the First High Priest of Thelema. Perhaps you have heard of me - I certainly have heard of you, madame. Your beauty precedes you, as does your reputation, and I mean that only in the most flattering way. Your Black Masses, in particular, stirred my mind and my soul to equal degrees.

Ah, but Madame, there is no need to fear! Your previous rituals failed because they were led by quacks and fools! They had no idea of the mystical forces they had set in motion, and the considerable magickal power brought to bear to gain the King's heart was, by and large, wasted. Here - I shall give you one of my little brochures. Read them, enjoy them - I think the section on, ah, love magicks is particularly inspired - and if you have questions, feel free to come speak to me again."

Anton Szandor LaVey / Howard Stanton Levey
    "Listen here, you little shit, what's the idea with infringing on my territory, huh? Satanism's Black Pope, my bloody arse! I'll show you who the real evilest man in the fucking world is!"

>something that did not exist but does now exist.
    The Realization, Variation B

The answer is somewhat complex. Aiwass did not exist before Crowley's lifetime, during Crowley's lifetime, or after Crowley's lifetime. Until 23 and half an hour ago, it did not exist. And yet when Crowley was summoned, it immediately became clear that Aiwass did exist.

In other words, Aiwass came into existence when Crowley as a Servant did. You don't know if this is something that has happened before or will happen again if Crowley is ever summoned elsewhere, but you know this:

Aiwass is Crowley. Not living, human Crowley, but Crowley as a Servant.

Gatekeeper is clapping and smiling. His smile, though, is tinged with that distinct flavour of insanity necessary to turn a brilliant artist into a true genius.

"Well done!" Gatekeeper - no, Alter-Ego exclaims. "I see you've figured it out! Isn't it grandiose? Isn't it wonderful? More than a hundred years of planning, all to result in this very moment! From beyond the grave I have returned to reign supreme above all other paltry occultists!"

The lamps in your study burst into brilliant light, even those you'd left extinguished. The glass of each of the lamps shatters with a series of echoing cracks that sound almost like applause. The room is suddenly bright as day, but one by one each lamps flickers one, twice, before the light drifts like a solid thing from them and towards Crowley.

He accepts the lights like a Pope might greet the believers - no, perhaps more like a beloved owner might greet their pets. The lights swirl about him, bobbing and weaving themselves into arcane shapes that hurt the eyes to look at and the mind to think about. As he waves his hand each dot of light brightens, changes color, and gains a definite shape - and, from what you can tell, some level of intelligence.

How long has he been planning his own deification, you wonder?

He looks amused. "Since about 1904, on the 8th of April. I had a vision, you see. I heard a higher power speak to me - in my own voice. It whispered blasphemous little nothings in my ears, but oh, the sheer immaculate sense of it all! The glory, the immensity of my mission! I was enraptured."

Alter-Ego leans forward. "What it said was this: the Bible claims God created Man in His image. Why, then, couldn't Man - I - create God in My image?"

He's insane. Utterly, stark-raving mad. And yet - undeniably, it worked.

"I didn't then know of the Throne of Heroes, obviously. No, this has all been a wonderful, exceptional coincidence. I genuinely mean that. By the way, do you realize what the best part of it all is?" Alter-Ego says. "It wouldn't have worked if not for the Trial being put into place."

What does he mean by that?

"The Trial, like all trials, is a mechanism for establishing the truth, no?" he says. "Then, by finding the answer you did, you have engraved the Truth on my Saint Graph. Without the Trial, without you being allowed to find your own answer, doubt could have remained. And we can't have that, can we, poppet?"

{Cleared Trial. Unlocking Saint Graph Variation B...}

Aleister Crowley
    Artificial Instrument of the True Will

Updated Skills

High Servant B
    Alter-Ego has embedded parts of the demon Baphomet, the god Harpocrates, and the fallen angel Lucifer into his Saint Graph to form what he refers to as 'Aiwass', which resides in his subconscious. The fusion has given him power over light of all kinds, being able to control it as he wishes as if it were a physical thing. For example, he delights in first ripping the light from any source he can find and then displaying it behind him prominently - a visual pun on the Golden Dawn, an Order he once had joined.

Beyond light, Alter-Ego also can take away or grant youth as he pleases, controls fire, may give himself a B-rank in any physical parameter of his choosing, and has a host of other occult powers. In return his personality flaws - arrogance, conceit, etc - have all been magnified, though it is in all likelihood hard to tell.

True Thelema EX
    (This Skill replaces Global Occultism.)
    A Skill that only Alter-Ego can lay claim to. In essence, he activates spells by 'praying' to himself and letting the god slumber in his unconscious, Aiwass, fulfill the effects. While this prevents Alter-Ego from fully utilizing the power that is in theory available to him, it also means that it does not require conscious effort to actually make the desired effects happen. If Alter-Ego were to try constructing each spell on the fly, he would run the risk of his concentration being interrupted or his desires influencing the result of the spell; by letting Aiwass handle the spell itself he can in practice multi-task.

The true core of Thelema can be summarized as the command "Do What Thou Wilt" - do as you please, free of restraint. Find your True Will and thereby become a star - occupying a time and position in space, individual without conflicting with others.

So far Alter-Ego has only found a way to respond to his own 'spellcraft'. It is an ongoing effort of Alter-Ego's to find a way that he can pick up on prayers from Thelemists across the world and, essentially, become its foundation so that Thelema becomes a true system of magecraft.

Updated Noble Phantasm

The Chosen Priest, The Apostle Of Infinite Space, the Prince-Priest: the Beast
    Master Therion

Type: Anti-World
    Aleister Crowley's Noble Phantasm as Alter-Ego, unlocked by realizing his true brilliance. Much in the same way that Aiwass is the deliberate result of building links between Crowley, Lucifer, Baphomet and Harpocrates, it is the result of building links between Crowley and the Beast of Revelations. As a result Alter-Ego can lay claim to some small part of the Authority of Potnia Theron: Conception of All Animals.

By using said fragment of the Authority and reinforcing it with his True Thelema, Alter-Ego can create 'angels' or even 'archangels', akin to autonomous familiars with their own thoughts. These are created from light and can take whatever physical shape they desire. The speed of their spawning is not to be underestimated: should he so wish he could create an thousand-strong army of loyal followers with C-rank in Strength, Agility and Endurance in half an hour.

Should he ever draw on the Authority too much, though, then the Beast itself will take notice and come to deal with this pretender to its Ten Crowns. It is advised, therefore, not to abuse this power, as the Advent of a Beast and the subsequent summoning of a Grand to deal with it would prove utterly catastrophic, especially as Alter-Ego and his Master would suffer the karmic backlash of the whole event.

Updated Relationships

Cagliostro, Helena Blavatsky, other occultists
    "Look at me, peasants! Look at me and weep, because you can see only the vision of greatness that is me! I have returned from beyond the Abyss to take my rightful place as King of the Occult! Worship at my altar, pay me homage, and admit your folly in ever considering yourselves on my level!"

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus
    "You're already here? But I've barely used my bloody Noble Phantasm. Then again, I have to say you're not quite as fearsome as I thought, false-Beast. Actually, this might work out pretty well for me... So be it!

Come now, don't pretend you don't know what I mean! Let us settle this once and for all, fiend! Poet to poet - man to woman - bringer of a glorious new age to bringer of an age of ruin! Let the better Beast win and lay claim to the Ten Crowns!"

Jacques de Molay (Foreigner)
    "Hello, madame! Forgive me if I come on too aggressively, it is by no means my nature to be presumptuous (despite what others may say) - but one recognizes something familiar in you. Baphomet, I do think. I did call it an androgyne, after all. And yet there is something strange...

Excuse me? Shub-Niggurath? Oh. Oh dear. That is... worrying. Haha..."

>something that does exist, but should not.
    The Realization, Variation C

The answer is surprisingly simple: Aiwass is something that does exist, and Crowley is its avatar.

But Aiwass is not God. Or, at least, not a God as most would know the concept.

Crowley was not born for greatness, but he spent his entire life trying desperately to find greatness anyway. He joined occult orders to escape a gnawing feeling that perhaps he was merely normal; experimented with drugs to find a life beyond the mediocre one he thought he already led; journeyed to faraway countries and hiked distant mountaintops, searching from something that set him apart from the faceless masses.

Of course he was not ever truly normal in the first place - who is? - but he never considered himself to be not-normal enough. That said, being caught in a perpetual search for meaning or for something extraordinary is not particularly rare, although perhaps the lengths to which Crowley went were.

What made Crowley worthy of particular note is that he, unfortunately, found a meaning. In equal measure, it found him.

You're broken from your musings by the shadows, which are staring at you hungrily and with knowing looks in their eyeless sockets.

Gatekeeper is clapping and smiling, though. The shadows, which have gained depth beyond any shadows you have ever seen before, slide over his smiling face, though there is no source of light with which they would move.

"Well done!" Gatekeeper - no, Foreigner exclaims. He sounds impressed but not particularly excited. "I see you've figured it out. Unfortunately, it is too late."

You back up. Dread like ice begins to creep upon you, its squamous fingers threading up your spine like the pricking of a fine goose-feathered quill.

What have you summoned? What have you brought into your house?

"A cursed, loathsome thing, my patron is," Foreigner says, as if he's reading your thoughts. The hideous shadows bleed themselves onto his neck and form into a ring that with seeming physical force squeezes Foreigner's windpipe shut affectionately. He wheezes but forces a smile.

The shadows let go reluctantly, and it is only then that you realize that your shadow is wriggling as well. You are sure that there is nothing behind you, nor a light which could cast the hideous shapes formed by the maddening writhing you cannot help but stare at.

As if from a great distance you hear Foreigner speak.

"I survived our meeting for one reason and one reason alone," he says, his voice still hoarse. "My lord, the Black Pharoah, is not content with one sacrifice, you see. I enjoy his patronage in return for giving him offerings. That is the true nature of Thelema: it is a cult for dread Nyarlahotep. One day, if we are so lucky, my followers shall cast off their consciousness and transcend beyond Yog-Sothoth's Gates, that which I have called Choronzon."

The name makes your eyes snap from your shadow to Crowley, but the shadows have consumed most of his body so that only his face is still visible. It contorts oddly as he speaks, like something is slithering underneath his skin with every word, fighting to break loose.

You try to speak, to bring forth your Command Seals, but it is already too late. Tendrils of shadow restrain your hands from moving and force your mouth shut.

"Thank you for summoning me," Foreigner says. "I enjoyed our little chat. So did milord, I believe. Now, unfortunately, it is goodbye."

You see only darkness, then nothing - and then things which make you wish for nothingness instead.

{Cleared Trial. Unlocking Saint Graph Variation C...}

Aleister Crowley
    Divine Instrument of the Crawling Chaos

Updated Skills

Existence Outside the Domain C
    The first Class Skill associated with the Foreigner Class, representing their link to an entity not from this Earth. In this particular case, though, the Black Pharaoh Nyarlahotep has spent some time acclimatizing to Earth (or perhaps having Earth acclimatize to him), resulting in the lesser rank of C even though it would normally merit the rank of B.

As the herald to Azathoth's own herald, Foreigner can perform a partial transformation into any of Nyarlahotep's thousand forms, as well as enjoying general good relations with any of the Outer Gods whose cults Nyarlahotep assists. If the respective Foreigners are as receptive to him will depend on the other's character and bearing, of course.

Insanity A
    A sort of "mental pollution" that influences not only the Servant but also spreads like a contagion into the minds of others. The primary psychological driver of Foreigner's contact with his patron was his desire to be more than normal - a desire Nyarlahotep has certainly seen fit to grant.

At any time, Foreigner finds himself needing to stand out, to be memorable, to be famous, or even better, infamous. He needs attention much in the way a fish needs water, and will even willingly bring himself into harms' way to get more attention.

Harbinger of the Black Pharaoh EX
    (This Skill replaces Harbinger of the Next Aeon.)
    A Skill for those who are said (or claim) to be the bringers of the next great shift in the development of mankind. Foreigner claimed the title of the prophet of Thelema, proclaiming the Aeon of Horus - a glorious time where man shall achieve growth like never before in consciousness, in love, in self-realization.

In a warped sense, this is even true. When Nyarlahotep comes and unleashes the Elder Gods to freely walk the Earth once more, mankind shall be free from higher thought, abandoning every pretense of self being separate from the cosmos. Man will become able to revel in the ability to simply kill to their hearts' content, to serve their eldritch lords and enjoy the insanity that is their patrons' gift wholeheartedly.

As a preview of the joys that are to come, Foreigner's very presence has the effect of loosening restraints. In his presence Command Seals begin to lose their effectiveness, and the longer one remains in his vicinity the more self-restraint becomes impossible.

Updated Noble Phantasm

Truth! Truth! Truth! crieth the Dweller in the Abyss
    Choronzon

Aleister Crowley's Noble Phantasm as Foreigner, unlocked by experiencing his true insanity. It is a "gift" from his patron the Crawling Chaos in the form of a small black pyramid, made of an unidentifiable material that does not occur on Earth.

Its function when activated is simply to make a small rip in the tear of reality - thereby creating an entry point from which other Outer Gods or similar entities can establish a small but significant foothold on Earth. Fortunately Foreigner's use of this Noble Phantasm is limited enough that he can neither open the rip for long, nor control which entities come through the rip. It is as likely to summon parts of Azathoth, which merely gives him a limited amount of atomic sludge that melts through everything in its path before it too disappears, as it is to summon some small part of the Gate that Yog-Sothoth guards and thereby drive everyone who sees it mad as a matter of course.

Updated Relationships

Van Gogh
    "You know, I very much admired your work when I was alive. It is such an immense shame you do not wish to indulge your patron's blessings. I do not get it, I truly do not! There is no sadness in madness, no depression in insanity! You were blessed - special! And yet... and yet! What a tragedy; what a farce."

BB-Pele
    "A fellow prophet of the Haunter of the Dark? No, not quite... Milord's mark isn't upon you, but it feels like he has tainted you anyway. How delightfully odd. Let us drink together of his hallowed chalice of madness!"

Creator Notes:
    Yeah, pretenders are neat and all with being two servants in one, but what if I used a different class to create a four-in-one Servant and try to do something with DelRey's tips? Haha, just kidding. Unless?

Anyway, like, subscribe and hit that bell leave a comment if you liked it or hated it or whatever. Next up is either going to be a Watcher, another attempt to play with collapses, or someone who practices a martial art I guarantee none of you have ever heard of before. Stay tuned.
    totally here for the choose-your-own-adventure servant

great job

Blog Entries
    He reminds me of an Eevee. Except all of his evolutions are messed up one way or another. And I'm saying this as a compliment.

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    NMR trying still the big shots throne I see. Based as fuck sheet
    Current FGO setup

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I love Crowley, Choose Your Own Servant by trying to find ou the truth about him is the perfect way to depict an occultist.

Blog Entries
    you damn madlad
    another cornerstone of what conceptual Gatekeepers can be, right after another cool Gatekeeper to boot
    glad that my tricks could help in this. you even used my fading line a bit

i just recently told Morg my plans for a long term project and you just had the same concept idea and turned the shit up to 11.
    I even told him i had an old draft for foreigner crowley, but not with Nyarla, tho your connection is pretty good too...

MORG ZUCKERBERG, DID YOU SELL MY DATA?

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    this makes you Koga's father-in-law.
    This telenovela gets more and more interesting.

Yes. All three of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Poor Nitty. Being Nine’s dad and Koga’s in-law has not got to be easy. No wonder he drinks.
    oh man what further dimensions should that still asume i wonder .

which one unfortunate shall be getting into it . Lambda our Bar keeper ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; November 6th, 2021 at 08:03 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    What the fuck are you saying.

Blog Entries
    Well now an Question Nine what do you think of the two servants i told you with Atila and Heraklitos ?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    No.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    What the fuck are you saying.
    Well i just wondered why now Gritty is caught in that thing as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    No.

??

Blog Entries
    Del, I may or may not have sold your data. You can't really sue me though. There may be laws against selling intellectual property, but you have no claim over Aleister Crowley Servants or one that changes form depending on the master's perception, so I was well within my rights. To anyone out there, for a small fee, all of Del's closely guarded Servant ideas can be yours. Contact me now, and I'll even wave shipping and handling.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    tbh it's never a problem for me to have ideas, the real problem is actually writing them
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    tbh it's never a problem for me to have ideas, the real problem is actually writing them
    Mood

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the response fortuna. Are you going to review the recent sheets.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; November 7th, 2021 at 08:01 AM.