Page 230 of 782 FirstFirst ... 130180220225228229230231232235240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Nope I missed no context. No longer shall white imperialists take credit for the taking credit of red men accomplishments.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    *is 1/16 Native American* Haha-! Even a small amount of victory is good right yes it is.
    Just like this guy!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...ative-american

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Not quite. Most had legends made around themselves, or as part of an institution - Elizabeth I and the Pharaohs are good examples of the former and latter, respectively - but fewer had actual myths made by themselves that were fairly widely believed. Many of the Napoleon said and did never actually happened; he just said that they happened and made pretty paintings about he totally crossed the Alps on a rad horse, dude. Because of his sheer charisma, he managed to get away with some fairly amazing things. Turning revolutionary France into what was effectively yet another absolute monarchy was only one of those things. Basically, Napoleon created widely-believed legends about himself, rather than having others make myths about his character or relying on any institutional cult like the Pharaohs or the Roman Emperors.

Anyhow, my Napoleon isn't actually that powerful besides his cannons; once he's too close to use those, or if he's in a situation where he can't use them, he can be overwhelmed fairly easily. In his swordfight with Caesar, e was on the definite losing edge, and he didn't stand too much of a chance in Tenochtitlan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    But he can kill Herakles.
    Hahahaha! Oh, poor Five. He really never will be allowed to forget that...

ITT: Beast Lair RISK begins.
    I would pay good money to see this...

*is 1/16 Native American* Haha-! Even a small amount of victory is good right yes it is.
    [edit] Lyco has no idea what he's doing.
    *pats him on the shoulder* There, there, Lyco. You tried your best... and you failed miserably. The moral here is, "Never try."

As a result of having such a unique situation in history and amongst these cults of the individual, he's born into that interpretation in the story of MPII. I can really only stress lately, people, please read the damn story before you even think of commenting on it. One or two scenes and parts of characters taken out of context don't make everything, and it's fairly pointless to discuss most of it outside the bounds of the story itself, because naturally this kind of misinterpretation arises, and it only causes more problems.
    Most people aren't generally commenting on your story when it comes to Napoleon. They are commenting on what the character is capable of. When you made a stat sheet for Napoleon you essentially gave people a point of reference to compare him to all other Servants in existence so we naturally want to comment on what doesn't make sense to us. I've only read a little of your story and I think it's a damn fine bit of writing, I commend you for putting so much effort into it.

Now, what I find silly is the fact that Napoleon can apparently lie to the universe itself so well that he can use a cannon of A++ rank. I believe you've said somewhere before that his A++ cannon isn't as powerful as Excaliblast but the fact that he can lie to the universe and get a cannon that is technically on the level weapons not crafted by human hands is kinda silly when you think about it.

Also, I feel I must give my two cents about the Cult of Personality skill. Such a skill just doesn't make sense to me. Notice how all the Heroic Spirits appear generally as they did in "life" not Legend. Arthur is a girl despite the myths saying she was a male and everyone in the world believing her to be a male. Heracles in myth cut off the hydra's heads and burned the stumps to keep them from growing but in his "life" he apparently shot all it's heads at once with a bow to kill it. So something like Napoleon making up stuff about himself that affects his status as a Heroic Spirit makes no sense from a canon standpoint.

As I said earlier this isn't me trying to rag on your story. Like I said, I enjoy reading it. I'm simply saying my thoughts in reference to how things have been put forth by the rules of the Heroic Spirits and Noble Phantasms. From a canon standpoint it simply makes no sense that a more modern Servant like Napoleon would be able to cut through Godhand's defense like that. By making stats sheets using the same format as the canon Servants you are essentially inviting people to compare them to canon and point out what doesn't make sense. If these Sevants aren't supposed to be compared to canon Servants in terms of rules and abilities then I suggest a rather large disclaimer that they don't follow the canon rules at times when it comes to how the abilities of Heroic Spirits work.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaosSaber View Post
    Now, what I find silly is the fact that Napoleon can apparently lie to the universe itself so well that he can use a cannon of A++ rank. I believe you've said somewhere before that his A++ cannon isn't as powerful as Excaliblast but the fact that he can lie to the universe and get a cannon that is technically on the level weapons not crafted by human hands is kinda silly when you think about it.
    He doesn't have any cannons of A++ rank. I mean, you can see the "full power" of his cannon(s) in one of the recent chapters, but that's not technically part of his arsenal; it's a more special thing that I'd rather not get into since it's a tad bit of a spoiler. The strongest cannon he has at his disposal is rank A+.

Plus, for the most part, he's not lying about the cannons at all - they are all weapons that existed at some point in history, and the actual lie is that he has them in the first place. He certainly makes some of them more powerful than they normally would have been, and exaggerates some of their legends, but all twenty of the cannons he has are real weapons, most of which he didn't actually own. Real life Napoleon actually did have a sizable collection of antique cannons, and Cult of Personality exaggerates that.

Also, I feel I must give my two cents about the Cult of Personality skill. Such a skill just doesn't make sense to me. Notice how all the Heroic Spirits appear generally as they did in "life" not Legend. Arthur is a girl despite the myths saying she was a male and everyone in the world believing her to be a male. Heracles in myth cut off the hydra's heads and burned the stumps to keep them from growing but in his "life" he apparently shot all it's heads at once with a bow to kill it. So something like Napoleon making up stuff about himself that affects his status as a Heroic Spirit makes no sense from a canon standpoint.
    Well, on one note, Arturia isn't even a Heroic Spirit; legends don't technically affect her at all, not in the sense of true Heroic Spirits, like Herakles. In his case, the event with the Hydra is just using a different interpretation that Nasu read and liked. You can't say there's one definitive way the story went, after all. Not to mention the fact that he didn't have a "life" in the first place in the Nasuverse, much like a few others.

The difference is this: a regular Heroic Spirit has a legend created by other people after their death, which affects them as a Heroic Spirit. They have their actual life and actual deeds, which gets modified and influenced by the beliefs of people who make stories about the heroes in particular. Napoleon's case is that he made up his own legends which people proceeded to believe, thus influencing his own status and abilities as a Heroic Spirit. Cult of Personality is, in the end, basically metagaming the whole idea of being a hero. A hero's life, while fundamentally important, is inevitably shaped by legends and beliefs, which will always affect their strengths, abilities and weaknesses. For Servants mostly unaffected by legends and popular belief, see Fate/Extra.

As I said earlier this isn't me trying to rag on your story. Like I said, I enjoy reading it. I'm simply saying my thoughts in reference to how things have been put forth by the rules of the Heroic Spirits and Noble Phantasms. From a canon standpoint it simply makes no sense that a more modern Servant like Napoleon would be able to cut through Godhand's defense like that. By making stats sheets using the same format as the canon Servants you are essentially inviting people to compare them to canon and point out what doesn't make sense. If these Sevants aren't supposed to be compared to canon Servants in terms of rules and abilities then I suggest a rather large disclaimer that they don't follow the canon rules at times when it comes to how the abilities of Heroic Spirits work.
    Napoleon is specifically exceptional in a few areas, but not others. He has access to a large number of powerful ranged weaponry, which can help him out in certain circumstances (defending himself against Gilgamesh, and getting through most, but not all, of God Hand) and hinder him in others (his attempts at blasting Sigurd, at least the first time, and the events in Tenochtitlan). Caliburn alone managed to cut through most of Herakles' lives, and that was one attack from one sword. it takes the whole of Napoleon's arsenal deployed at once (and even then, several times over again, in fact) to do the same.

Plus, defeating famous heroes in undignified ways is part of the theme of Napoleon's character. You've read the story, so you should have some insight into that.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Plus, defeating famous heroes in undignified ways is part of the theme of Napoleon's character. You've read the story, so you should have some insight into that.
    Never said I didn't find him an enjoyable character. It's very fun to imagine that little Frenchman killing one of the most famous heroes ever. Just, it's that silly fun that I can't see actually working really. Now that I've said the thoughts on my mind I shall leave it at that. I didn't say them to start a debate(though I see your points and have seen them in all the other times you've talked about the little Frenchman) just said them since they were on my mind at the time. Your story is a good read, even if some of the things don't match up with how I and obviously a few others think they should. Though I suppose it wouldn't be the same story if it were different now would it?

On a different topic, I have Servant sheets I need to finish. I should get to work on those...

Blog Entries
    Caliburn alone managed to cut through most of Herakles' lives, and that was one attack from one sword.
    No, you blind old fool, it wasn't the sword that slew the giant, it was LOVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    No, you blind old fool, it wasn't the sword that slew the giant, it was LOVE!
    So the mightiest of Greek heroes was killed by the power of love? Is Shirou a magical girl now?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Arturia isn't even a Heroic Spirit;
    Mordred *cough*.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    he was one of the less serious servants i never got around to posting for lack of a NP
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Kouta Hirano described him very fittingly in the afterword of volume 2 of Drifters:
    "Russian dude with a big dick.
    that is all.
    he is made out of dicks."
    lack of a NP
    he is made out of dicks
    NP
    dick
    EUREKA!!

Blog Entries
    Eh, Priapus should have the NP dick. I mean, everlasting erection and whatnot.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Blog Entries
    EUREKA!!
    Also apparently ridiculously difficult to kill

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    It's the legendary dick, the English language can testify.

The NP dick that forces the opponent to suck it.

Hm... Just finished reading new edition of bylinas about Kievan' Rus, and I feel motivated enough to create a sheet for Ilya Muromets.

«The time has come»

Name: Ilya Muromets
    Class: Saber (can be summoned in other Classes)
    Alignment: Lawful Good

STR: A+
    AGI: C
    CON: A
    MGI: B
    LCK: B
    Noble Phantasm: A++

Class Skills.

Magical Resistance.
    Rank «A»: Provides resistance against spells of A-rank. In practise, no magi of today can surt this Servant.

Riding.
    Rank «A»: Can ride all creatures, except those of Phantastic Beast and Divine Beast-rank.

Personal Skills.

Eternal Arms Mastership. Prevents degradation of fighting skills, even when under effect of mental hindrance.
    Rank «A+»: Mastership of combat skills unrivaled in one's age.
    Ilya Muromets is known as exceptionally skilled warrior. He is strongest amongst heroes who, who served Prince Vladimir, and his reputation alone kept warlike neighbours of the state at bay.

Battle Continuation. Ability to stay alive.
    Rank «A»: Capable of continue fighting even with lethal injuries. This servant may continue fighting unless the clearly fatal bow is received.
    Ilya known for his excessive stamina. For example, in his battle with Sokolik, he managed to turn the tide of battle, even when he was almost dying.

Saint. Acknowledgement as a saint.
    Rank «C»: Provides automatic HP recovery.
    Ilya is beatified as a Saint in Russian Orthodox Church, the only hero from bylinas to receive this honor.

Nature of Rebellious Spirit. Temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace one lord. Negates effects of Charisma of the same rank.
    Rank «B»: Effects of Charisma of B-rank and below are completely negated.
    In the stories told by bylinas, Ilya often clashed with Prince Vladimir the Fair Sun. While he technically was Vladimir's subordinate, he mostly operated on his own, and the latter had to ask, rather than command.

Noble Phantasm.

Kladenets Svyatogor - Holy Mountain Blade.
    Type: Anti-army

Holy sword, received by Ilya from dying giant Svyatogr. It is said that Svyatogor was so strong, that even Earth itself couldn't withstand his presence, and becouse of this he was doomed to die. However, he did managed to give Ilya part of his power before death.

When acitvated, the blade produces mighty surge of destructive force, which destroys everything on its path. It's the legendary strike, which is said to be able to split Earth in two. Using this sword Ilya was capable of singlehandedly defeat entire armies.

Main weakness of this blade is magical energy consumption. It's hard to utilize in combat, so Ilya avoid use it, unless it is absolutely necessary. It might not be best Noble Phantasm for Grail War, because this Noble Phantasm more suited to fight armies. Single target of normal size may evade Svyatogor with relative ease. By the way, Kladenets is a family of holy blades, used by many other bogatyrs.

Effect of Svyatogor

Second Wind - Will Not Fall in Battle
    Type: Anti-unit (targets user).

Blessing of kalikas (holy men) of Kievan' Rus, laid on Ilya. It takes form of a tatoo, saying "Will Not Fall in Battle" written on inner side of his left hand (in Russian). This is passive Noble Phantasm, which is activated only when the Servant is killed.

Due to effect of this Noble Phantasm, Ilya is able to overcome death once per battle. He would be automatically ressurected with full HP, and his physical stats would be increased two- or three-fold for a short time.

Where are numerous examples when this ability was used in the legends about Ilya Muromets, the most noticeable being his fight with hero Socolik, his own illegitimate son. Young and fierce, this hero is able to overwhelm his father and pierce his chest with a dagger. But Ilya managed to pull himself together and defeat him.

Varmint Protector - Nothing is Bad Enough to be a Weapon.
    Type: Anti-unit.

Passive Noble Phantasm, which to provide everything grabbed by Ilya with a qualities of Noble Phantasm. Similiar to Knight of Honor, however, it focuses not on "wielding weapons", but on "using anything as a weapon".

Literally everything, including people can be turned into quasi-Noble Phantasm when grabbed by Ilya Muromets. It's rank would depend on innate qualities of the grabbed object. For example, regular person would be rather weak Noble Phantasm of D-rank, and, while it is extremely unlikely, enemy Servant used as a weapon may have B or even A-rank as Noble Phantasm.

Ilya used improvised weaponry very often. Once he defeated numerous opponents being armed only by his jackboot ("chobotok"), in other situation he killed monster known as Idolische armed with heavily adorned helmet, but probably the most impressive demonstration of this skills was when he managed to break through blockading cordons of Kalin Tsar's forces... using an enemy officer as a club.

Background.

Famous hero of Russian epic ("bylinas"). He is often regarded as the strongest amongst bogatyrs, heroes of Rus' epic. It's believed that he lived in XII century, and was born paralyzed. However, at the age of 30 (or, in some versions, 33) he was healed by mysterious strangers known as kalikas (pilgrims, holy people) and appointed as greatest protector of Kievan Rus. Ilya traveled to the capital, saving city of Chernigov and defeating monstrous Solovei (Nightingale) the Brigand, whose could kill human just by mere whistle, during the way, and quickly became chief bogatyr of Prince Vladimir of Fair Sun. His relationship with authorities, however, were never harmonious and Ilya often belittled the Prince. Because of this, he was not welcomed in capital and spend most of his life protecting Russian borders. It is said that he vanquished Idolisches ( pagan Gods of Old Rus') and defeated army of mighty Kalin-Tsar alone. As it was prophecied, Ilya didn't die in combat, but from the old age. He can also be summoned as Saber, Archer, Berserker and Rider.

As one may expect from Saber, Ilya is exceptionally powerful Servant. He is not very fast, however it is compensated by his vast strength and ability to withstand injuries. He is also very versatile in combat; can overwhelm enemies with sword skills, but also may suprise them by using improvised weapons. He may throw trash cans at enemies, beat them with cars, and may even use other people (although he would generally avoid hurting innocents).

His personality is without doubt heroic, but not without flaws. For example, he doesn't like bragging, and may answer with surpising amounts of acidity to any kind of boastful statements. Also, due to his rebellious nature Master may have hard time acting as superior to Muromets. However, he would gladly accept Master as his friend and/or someone to be patronised. His wish for the Holy Grail is a chance to settle issues with Socolik, his son whom he had to kill.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; February 3rd, 2013 at 03:07 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You must genderbend him to make him fit with the Nasuverse. That is the one piece of the puzzle that is currently missing.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

You must genderbend him to make him fit with the Nasuverse. That is the one piece of the puzzle that is currently missing.
    I thought about that. But it's hard to find fitting image. I guess, people don't like drawing middle-aged warrior women...
    Last edited by Blastedspider; February 3rd, 2013 at 01:58 PM.

@ Blastedspider - Holy damn, this man is broken! KoH, Excalislash, and a once per battle God Hand. And dat beard!! Oh, and his name is so damn lulzy. I can just see Illyasviel wondering if she should be offended or proud and Saber-Illya wondering why anyone would name a little girl after him!

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    I thought about that. But it's hard to find fitting image. I guess, people don't like drawing middle-aged warrior women...
    No! DAT BEARD! Dat manly, manly beard!

Holy damn, this man is broken! KoH, Excalislash, and a once per battle God Hand.
    Yep.
    I tried to mitigate his power to some extent. He is powerful Heroic Spirit, but his main power should be his ability to withstand attacks, and retaliate quickly and with great sword skills.

I can just see Illyasviel wondering if she should be offended or proud and Saber-Illya wondering why anyone would name a little girl after him!
    What really would be funny. Though, pronunication if his name is different. It's more like Il'ya.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; February 3rd, 2013 at 03:18 PM.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    That doesn't mean his dick has to be the only legendary one; he could be the Balor to Rasputin's Tohno.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    and then they gattai.