Page 464 of 782 FirstFirst ... 364414454459462463464465466469474514564 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Keep on trying. Listen to criticism. Don't take it personally. Don't try to please everybody. Have no regrets. Your whole life was "Unlimited Post Works".
    don't quote me on this

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually sometimes don't listen to criticism, because arguing is the most fun part of the CaS thread. Try to vehemently defend shitty ideas to the end. If you access the entirety of Servant profiles over EXTRA F/P F/SF F/Z and other secondary works you're bound to find a precedent for your stupid idea.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    If you truly believe in something, defend it with points and reason. There are certain people who tend to frequent this thread that are probably worth valuing the opinion of more than other people, but you'll need to figure out who they are yourself, because in the end you're making these sheets for you. If every single time you write a servant I tear it apart then maybe you
    have shitty ideas and should stop writing because they're just awful
    and I just have different tastes or ideas on how Servants should be
    That last line is a joke, please do not take it too seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Actually sometimes don't listen to criticism, because arguing is the most fun part of the CaS thread. Try to vehemently defend shitty ideas to the end. If you access the entirety of Servant profiles over EXTRA F/P F/SF F/Z and other secondary works you're bound to find a precedent for your stupid idea.
    Actually, Buster has a point here. You want to make a god a Servant? lolextra. You want to make a personification or a concept a Servant? lolstrangefake. You want to make a literary character from before 1900 a Servant? lolapocrypha lolprotofragments. You want to force a Servant into a container that makes no sense for it? lolzero. You want to make someone a Servant, you can probably find a tenuous and tangential link to some sort of precedent set somewhere at some point. You just have to be willing to argue and have people think of you as an idiot.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    You just have to be willing to argue and have people think of you as an idiot.
    This is a moot point, isn't it.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    I find that it's better to be a stubborn, stupid main character than a quiet, submissive villager who's going to die in the first act.

Blog Entries
    You can always end up as comedic relief or whatever Shinji was in Fate, too.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    And then they just regen the health. Because there's a splitsecond between HP hitting zero and actually dying where you can do stuff. Sword Art Online taught me that this is definitely true.
    Ever played Earthbound? The HP counter rolled down, if you healed or finished the fight before it reached 0 you'd survive.
    Last edited by Kyte; August 8th, 2014 at 01:24 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    UNLESS IT'S SIMO HAYHA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Ever played Earthbound? The HP counter rolled down, if you healed or finished the fight before it reached 0 you'd survive.
    This is one of the best parts about Earthbound and Mother 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

So, a long while back, when I first joined, I posted a sheet for a certain rainbow-sword wielding Irish badass. Said sheet was meant as a joke as it was styled as a "Green Saber", as I thought it was hilariosu imagining this man genderswapped. This however, is my completely serious servant sheet for my favorite Ulster King. Enjoy readingand feel free to rip into it as you like.

Class:
    Saber
    Master: Random Hot Magus Chick, or RHMC for short (seriously, he NEEDS to be summoned by a lady, fun times to follow)
    True Name: Fergus mac Róich

Height: 190 cm
    Weight: 75 kg

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance: As with most heroes of Celtic Mythology her wears a dark green, sleeveless body suit, reminiscent of a certain Servant of the Lancer class, though more armored in key places. He also wears a long brown fur trimmed cloak, which he fully admits he only wears because he thinks it makes him look more dashing.

Saber has a tall, athletic build like other Servants of Irish origin. His complexion is average and his eyes are a deep brown, almost burgundy color. His hair, naturally messy, is black and kept relatively short, only reaching just past his ears. His facial hair is short and scruffy, with his overall appearance being that of a handsome wild man.

Strength B
    Endurance A
    Agility B
    Magic C
    Luck C
    Noble Phantasm A++

Class Skills:
    Riding: The expertise to ride animals and vehicles.
    B
    : Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Magic Resistance: Grants protection against magical effects.
    C
    : Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:

Hypersexuality: Because the user's insatiable sexual apatite, the success rate of mental skills decreases considerably when around people that they find attractive due to being distracted with lecherous thoughts.
    B
    : Many times in his life, Saber allowed his sexual appetite to cloud his judgement.

Charisma: The natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles.
    B-
    : Saber bears all the qualities of a king, but takes a penalty in situations where his Hypersexuality comes into play. He gave his throne to a man for a chance to sleep with his mother.

Battle Continuation: The strength of vitality for predicaments.
    B: Even when dealt a fatal wound, the user still has the strength to strike back before dying. In his final moments, Saber was pierced in the chest by a spear and still maintained enough strength to remove it and throw it back at his attackers.

Noble Phantasms:

False Caladbolg
    Wooden Sword that Hides Shame

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-2
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

A plain wooden two-handed sword carved to look similar to a legendary blade. Saber fashioned it for himself when his true blade was taken from him by Queen Medb's jealous husband King Ailill. The wooden sword carries no special combat properties, save being rather sturdy and is only capable of smashing targets due to not having a proper cutting edge. Though, were a certain Lancer in blue spandex to see the blade, he would have to yield a single battle to Saber due to an ancient oath.

Caladbolg
    The Three Great Strokes

Type: Anti-Fortress
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum number of targets: 1000 people

The demonic sword possessed by the hero of Ireland, Fergus mac Róich in Celtic mythology. As Excaiblur symbolizes King Arthur, so to does Caladbolg act as a symbol for Fergus. Saber's most powerful Noble Phantasm, a peerless demonic sword comparable only to the pinnacle of holy swords. A large two-handed sword with a blade shimmering like a rainbow.

When faced with a harrowing battle, Saber may invoke the name of his sword, the wooden blade fading away into dust to reveal the incandescent rainbow light of the true Caladbolg. while in this state, the sword shows it's true prowess as a blade matched by few others in this world.

By focusing all his rage at his opponents into the sword, he can convert his prana into a brilliant light capable of destroying entire hosts of soldiers and even mountains, a furious slash from Saber having once blasted the tops of three mountains, which came to be called
    Máela Midi
    The Cropped Ones of Mearth
    , clean off. The mighty rainbow of energy is released from the sword as it is swung, brought forth as a broad wave attack that completely annihilates anything it its path. The attack extends as far as it is possible to visualize the blade of the sword, around thirteen kilometers "or so". While such a wave is normally not a type of attack suited for destroying fortified structures, Caladbolg exceeds the capabilities of its derivative Galatine and is more than capable of such a feat.
    Last edited by Knight of Khaos; August 8th, 2014 at 09:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

Blog Entries
    >more armored in key places
    >hypersexuality

I need to know the genderswapped ver.
    Last edited by castor212; August 8th, 2014 at 09:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    Shouldn't Caladblog's title be like "the Spiraling Sword"? Also, where's the space warping? (getting all this from Archer's projected copy)

Nice Servant, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    >more armored in key places
    >hypersexuality

I need to know the genderswapped ver.
    Think...Nero, you know Extra!saber but instead of her red combat dress think tight Zero!Lancer-style leather bodysuit and a dark green kilt. Then imagine the visual of her surrounded by women as she needed at least seven women at a time to satisfy her "needs". *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Really other than that, not much was different. The sheet itself from back then kinda sucked. I like my new one much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    Shouldn't Caladblog's title be like "the Spiraling Sword"? Also, where's the space warping? (getting all this from Archer's projected copy)

This sheet is made going off the stuff shown n the Fate/Extra Material book which calls Caladbolg the prototype of Excalibur Galatine, so it is more based on Galatine's effects than the Caladbolg that Archer uses.

Thanks by the way.
    Last edited by Knight of Khaos; August 8th, 2014 at 09:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post

Archer deliberately warped his Caladbolg to do what it does, which is why it's "Caladbolg II". It's not the real thing, or even a fake of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Khaos View Post
    Caladbolg
    The Three Great Strokes

Type: Anti-Fortress
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum number of targets: 1000 people

The demonic sword possessed by the hero of Ireland, Fergus mac Róich in Celtic mythology. As Excaiblur symbolizes King Arthur, so to does Caladbolg act as a symbol for Fergus. Saber's most powerful Noble Phantasm, a peerless demonic sword comparable only to the pinnacle of holy swords. A large two-handed sword with a blade shimmering like a rainbow.

When faced with a harrowing battle, Saber may invoke the name of his sword, the wooden blade fading away into dust to reveal the incandescent rainbow light of the true Caladbolg. while in this state, the sword shows it's true prowess as a blade matched by few others in this world.

By focusing all his rage at his opponents into the sword, he can convert his prana into a brilliant light capable of destroying entire hosts of soldiers and even mountains, a furious slash from Saber having once blasted the tops of three mountains, which came to be called
    Máela Midi
    The Cropped Ones of Mearth
    , clean off. The mighty rainbow of energy is released from the sword as it is swung, brought forth as a broad wave attack that completely annihilates anything it its path. The attack extends as far as it is possible to visualize the blade of the sword, around thirteen kilometers "or so". While such a wave is normally not a type of attack suited for destroying fortified structures, Caladbolg exceeds the capabilities of its derivative Galatine and is more than capable of such a feat.
    By the way, why "Three" Great Strokes?

Blog Entries
    Personal Information:

Class Name : Caster
    True Name : Imhotep
    Sex :
    Male
    Alignment : Lawful Good
    Height / Weight : 168cm/64kg
    Also known as : The Ancient Sage, He who comes in peace, High Priest of Heliopolis

Background:
    Spoiler:
    Imhotep was one of the chief officials of the Pharaoh Djoser in Ancient Egypt. As an instigator of Egyptian culture, Imhotep's idealized image lasted well into the Ptolemaic. Considered by some to be the earliest known architect, engineer, and physician in early history, he has been credited with inventing the method of a stone-dressed building during Djoser's reign, though he was not the first to actually build with stone. Stone walling, flooring, lintels, and jambs had appeared sporadically during the Archaic Period, though it is true that a building of the Step Pyramid's size and made entirely out of stone had never before been constructed.

Imhotep was also an important figure in Ancient Egyptian medicine. He was the author of a medical treatise considered extremely advance and remarkable for its time. His teachings were way ahead of expectations for Egyptian medicine during that time. His prestige and reputation brought devotees from afar who traveled to bring offerings to study beside him and learn his unique and considerable wisdom.

Imhotep's concepts included specializations in many methods of medicine, compared to today's physicians who primarily master one area of expertise. He introduced a blend of new methods including astronomy, philosophy, religion and protective amulets to achieve new breakthroughs. He was a pioneer in helping to develop tracheotomy to resolve respiratory obstructions, cauterization to circumvent excessive bleeding while operating, and blood drainage to cure diseased collections.

A very significant resource of today's modern medical practices is irrespective of Imhotep's medical school; medical tools such as forceps, scissors and surgical blades were all imitative of ancient Egyptian medical apparatus. And certain remedies for elementary disorders that were introduced from ancient Egypt medicine are still practiced today; castor oil for laxatives, honey as an antimicrobial and Acacia as a cough remedy all are in retrospect of Imhotep's teachings and forward-thinking medical protocols.

As in the ancient time of Egypt, magecraft and medicine is inseparable and used hand by hand, and the field best known to Imhotep is the usage of magecraft in healt therapeutics. Rarely does he use it outside of disease treatment and heaking rituals. The only recorded occassion where that happened was the anachronistic detail of battle between the Egyptian and Assyrian armies where Imhotep fights an Assyrian sorceress in a duel of magic.

Besides an expert medicine man, Imhotep was also known for his achievement in of architecture. He is best known for building The Step Pyramid of Saqqara. This pyramid was built for the Third Dynasty king Netcherikhe, best known as Djoser. The inventive architect, Imhotep, enlarged the initial tomb by adding a series of five mastabas in decreasing sizes on top, thus forming the great pyramid of steps. The pyramid's burial compartments are a remarkable accomplishment of design and engineering, especially with the progression of shafts, tunnels, chapels, mortuaries and rooms for offerings that are more complex than any pyramid that followed.

Another of the records states that Imhotep was a member of a secret sect of priests known as the Eyes of Horus, guardians of knowledge and this knowledge enabled him to heal and understand medicinal miracles. Many magus were priests as well during that time and medical studies intertwined with several beliefs including some magical impressions. Medical experimentation and development by Imhotep brought medical lore but also constituted a conclusion of magical and religious explanations by many commoners who simply believed in a higher Egyptian Legend.

He was one of only a few commoners ever to be accorded divine status and worshipped by the populace after death. Two thousand years after his death, Imhotep's status was raised to that of a deity of medicine and healing. He was identified or confused with Thoth, the god of architecture, mathematics, medicine and patron of the scribes, having Imhotep's cult merging with that of his former tutelary god. Imhotep was linked with many literary and architect figure, such as Hermes Trismegistus and Asklepios. While Imhotep's position as a sacred commoner was not exclusive in ancient Egypt, he was unrivaled in the high degree and widespread level of adoration he received.

He wears a Was sceptre as a focus point for treatment magecraft and healing rituals.

Summoned in the Holy Grail War as Caster, Imhotep has no actual wish. Imhotep's Master summoned him and participate in the Holy Grail War not by her own will, and it is no coincidence she summoned Imhotep, Heroic Spirit of patronage, healing, and protection. He gladly and immediately offers his service and protection unto her.

Imhotep's wish, if anything, is to be reincarnated and to stay in this world indefinitely. He is fascinated with the scientific progression in the field of medicine and threapy of modern times, and wishes to immerse himself in the joy of learning and study once more.

Parameters:

Strength : D
    Endurance : E
    Agility : D
    Prana : A
    Luck : B
    Noble Phantasm : A

Class Skill:

Territory Creation : A
    Creation of a "Temple", which is superior to a "Workshop", becomes possible.

Item Construction : C
    Caster's specialization is in the creation of medicine and healing concoction, thus he is unsuitable in creation of other type of tools.

Personal Skill:

Divinity : B
    Strength of one's godlike nature. The more godlike blood one possessed, the higher this stat becomes.
    Caster gained this rank of divinity after being deified as a god of medicine and healing by the populace.

Ancient Therapeutics : A
    One of the oldest documented skills in the art of medical practice from Ancient Egypt. Including simple non-invasive surgery, setting of bones and an extensive set of pharmacopoeia.
    Combined with his thaumaturgy ability, Caster's ability in healing magecraft is considered second to none.

Librarian of Stored Knowledge : B
    Considered to be the guardian of knowledge in a secret sect of priests, Caster has extensive knowledge in the art of medicinal and magecraft. Due to the user's preference, however, its uses are limited.

Noble Phantasm:

Eye of Horus
    Protection of the Divine
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: ~
    Maximum Targets: 1 person

An ancient Egyptian symbol of protection. Invoked by priests in religious ritual and symbolism as an agent of protection for many pharaohs of old, it is a pure defensive ability that nullify any prana-based attack B-rank and below. This Noble Phantasm, however, reached the best of its ability and functionality upon being casted to a Master, not Caster himself, due to its nature.

Any sort of curse and pure magecraft are rendered null, but a physical attack imbued with a form of magecraft would still be effective physically, as the "physical" attribute is left untouched.

Pyramid of Djoser
    Step Pyramid of Saqqara
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-30
    Maximum Targets: 50 person

A pyramid built by Imhotep for the Third Dynasty king Netcherikhe, best known as Djoser. It is designed using a new method of a stone-dressed building, creating it's triangular shape. Before Djoser, pharaohs were buried in mastaba tombs, a form of burial construction in the form of of a flat-roofed, rectangular structure, instead of in pyramid.

In the conception and construction, the Step Pyramid Complex was a place where the dead could be honored forever. The Pyramid of Steps was created to act as a place of sun worship to symbolize the dead king's ascenscon to the sun and safe passage across the heavens. It is a symbolization of sacred protection against outer world.

This Noble Phantasm materialized as a 60 m sized stone pyramid. At the center of it is considered a "non-agression" area. Anyone designated as "enemy" would be held back physically against approaching the center of the pyramid, in proportion of their resistance to magecraft. Any sort of attack A rank or lower against the pyramid will be rendered ineffective, while those above A rank have their damage output reduced proportionate to their rank.

Though this Noble Phantasm is one of the strongest form of protection, it is only for last resort and not meant to be used lightly, as the deployment of Pyramid of Djoser is an act equivalent of telling other Servants of Caster's whereabouts, and one could simply wait until Imhotep ran out of prana.

It could, however, be used in a somewhat offensive manner. By deploying Pyramid of Djoser when the enemy is close proximity, the enemy is rendered incapable of moving upon its materialization, leaving him/her to the mercy of the caster.

Design:

The idea is uber-defense kind of Servant. Imhotep has practically no form of offense, and he is all about of healing and protection, combat ability or personality wise. Personality-wise, the Master most fitting for him summoning him would be a sucky magus incapable of any hard form of offense magecraft, most likely participate in HGW not by HGW her own volition. Ability-wise, the one summoning him would be a pure-combat magus, trading the role of Servant and Master in HGW respectively. The Master could also be a combination of both, really.

I honestly have no idea wether or not Surgical Procedure in high-rank would still be only a form of medical skill but limited in surgery. As Imhotep's knowledge in the field of ancient medicine was not only as a surgeon but also as a pharmacist and aphotechary, I create a new skill instead of using Surgical Procedure.

Imhotep lived in the Age of Gods, but I dont know wether or not to give him High-Speed Divine Words.
    Last edited by castor212; August 8th, 2014 at 12:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Archer deliberately warped his Caladbolg to do what it does, which is why it's "Caladbolg II". It's not the real thing, or even a fake of it.
    christemo, I know it runs against your nature, but stop being wrong so much
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    christemo, I know it runs against your nature, but stop being wrong so much
    It's been over 2 years since I read that weapon entry from the game, so do correct me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    It's been over 2 years since I read that weapon entry from the game, so do correct me.
    The original template is certainly Fergus' Caladbolg, and the nature of Archer's modifications isn't specified anywhere.
    don't quote me on this

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Caladbolg is the demonic sword wielded by the Irish hero Fergus mac Róich in Celtic mythology. The version that Archer projects has been altered to improve its function as an arrow.

In the legends, Fergus mac Róich was the former king of Ulster and foster-father of the hero Cú Chulainn. However, he was tricked out of his kingship, and later allied with Connacht, an enemy of Ulster. During the decisive battle between Connacht and Ulster, Fergus was able to corner the enemy king who had betrayed him, but was prevented from killing him. It is said that he redirected his rage at this turn of events upon three hills, using Caladbolg to blast their tops clean off.

Cú Chulainn is affected by a geis that makes it his duty to be defeated once by the sword so long as the wielder is Ulster-born. For that reason, it could be said to be his natural enemy.
    Also, there is a theory that the Caladbolg from Celtic mythology is the same sword as the Caledfwlch from Welsh mythology, making it a prototype of Excalibur.
    First line.

The change was probably from a sword that warped space along the slash to an arrow that warped space in a spiral around it. I view it as similar to Hrunting it's power is potential greater as an arrow then a sword, changing from a wide range cutting sword with little precision to an exact weapon that can pierce most defenses.
    Last edited by Knick; August 8th, 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?