Page 571 of 782 FirstFirst ... 71471521561566569570571572573576581621671 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,420 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    There is no guarantees that he wasn't like that from the beggining (as in, born that way). Also, since Self Modification interferes with one's status as a hero, and considering that it wasn't until the 4th War that Anti-Heroes and the likes first became summonable, I decided to restrain that Skill as much as possible.
    Fair enough, that's reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    There is no guarantees that he wasn't like that from the beggining (as in, born that way). Also, since Self Modification interferes with one's status as a hero, and considering that it wasn't until the 4th War that Anti-Heroes and the likes first became summonable, I decided to restrain that Skill as much as possible.
    Hassans were always alowed though.
    And they are never heroic spirits

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Council's Avatar
    +1
    They are a family in the end<3
    [IMG]****************************convkey/b661/18u906w0cxufpguzg.jpg[/IMG]

I have commited a horrible crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

Blog Entries
    Another day, another Servant. This time, it's Assassin with some emphasis on the first syllable, if you catch my drift. I think it's a bit bare, honestly, but here it is.

Salome
    Princess of Seduction

legend

The stepdaughter of King Herod, featured in the Bible, though not mentioned by name, only being referred to as 'the dancing girl'.
    Once, Herod and his wife Heriodas had as guest John the Baptist. However, he'd called their marriage unlawful, which angered Heriodas greatly.
    To get her revenge, she asked her daughter Salome to dance for the king and all of his guests, and she did so with such skill that Herod granted her a single favor. As her mother had told her to, she asked for the head of their guest.
    Then, it was too late for Herod to refuse; he asked an executioner to execute the priest, and had his head brought on a charger to Salome and her mother.
    After that, Salome lived - and loved - until dying of age.

STR D
    EN D
    AGI B
    MA C
    LU D
    Class skills:
    Presence Concealment C
    Assassin can hide her presence as a Servant, making her capable of spying. While the rank would sharply drop if she ever attacked directly, she finds it distasteful and will never do so unless compelled to.

Personal skills:
    Golden Rule C
    Assassin has no problem accumulating wealth, as the daughter of a wealthy king who never wanted for anything and whose every desire was always granted.
    Natural Body D
    As a seductress and a femme fatale, Assassin's body is one of her greatest weapons. As a result, her beauty cannot be tarnished in any way until her death, though she feels the effects of any wounds inflicted. She will never grow fat or old.
    Mental Disorder D
    Assassin has no concept of right or wrong, and does whatever she feels like. Often, this is slaking her lusts on usually very willing targets, be they male or female. Should they somehow reject her advances, she will be greatly angered.

Noble Phantasms:
    Seduction ~ Dance of the Seven Veils ~ Anti-Group, B
    The dance for which Assassin is most famous. When performing this dance, Assassin could be considered more an embodiment of pure lust than a person. All witnesses, including allies except her Master, male or female, must make a luck check not to be instantly smitten.
    This skill counts as Mental Interference and therefore can be countered by the relevant skills. The effect fades should she die.
    A Favor ~ Skull of the Saint: Anti-Unit, A
    The skull of John the Baptist, that Assassin keeps with her at all times. This was the favor she'd asked of Herod for her mother.
    By using it as her Mystic Code, she can temporarily make those who are smitten with her something like a familiar, being able to see through their eyes and give them orders telepathically, which they follow without question. This, too, counts as Mental Interference, requiring another Luck check to resist.

Notes:
    This whole idea can be summarized as 'Assassin who doesn't want to get her hands dirty'. I've heard Semiramis sort of fits that idea, but I haven't read F/A, so I couldn't really say whether they're similar.
    I could've put more innuendo in there, but eh.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Semiramis's strategy is blasting people to bits from her awesome sky palace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Semiramis's strategy is blasting people to bits from her awesome sky palace.
    While indeed cool, that's not at all similar to Salome, then. Oh well, not like it really matters.

Now we just need John the Baptist summoned in the same War and we can finally see someone be beaten to death by their own skull.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Class: Saber (also Caster)
    True Name: Maugis d'Aigremont, the Trickster Sorcerer-Knight
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Likes: being the éminence grise behind it all, pulling pranks.
    Dislikes: authority figures, people who can’t take a joke, having his contibutions go to waste or unrecognized.
    Talents: summoning spirits, conservation of trickstery.
    Natural Enemy: bloated and unreasonable kings. People who don’t know what they want.

STR: C MGI: A
    END: B LCK: B
    AGI: B NP: B+

Background:_______________________________________ ______________________________________

Spoiler:
    Maugis is the long-lost son of Beuves of Aigremont, and cousin to the paladin Renaud de Montauban. He first appears in the chanson de geste Les Quatre fils Aymon: Renaud and his three brothers are on the run from the emperor Charlemagne; in the Ardennes they soon meet Maugis, a consummate sorceror and trickster, who agrees to helps his family. Although at first a minor character, his part in the clash between the four brothers and the emperor soon grows in importance, easily becoming one of the central figures of the story, with a proactive role in aiding and rescuing Renaud and his kin time and time again, arguably on par with the protagonist Renaud himself, if not even more.

As a testament to his growing popularity, the figure of Maugis and his side of the family were successively expanded and developed into four poems; together with the original these are termed the "Renaud de Montauban cycle".
    Maugis d’Aigremont tells the story of the youth of the enchanter. He was kidnapped as an infant together with his brother Vivien, but their lives would quickly took different paths. The young Maugis was found and rescued by the fairy Oriande, and taught all the mysteries of magecraft. In the poem he retrieves the fairy horse Bayard and the sword Flamberge, as well as finally reuniting with his long-lost family. The exploits of his father and brother are further narrated into the omonym Beuve d'Aigremont and Vivien de Monbranc, respectively. In the Mort de Maugis, the hero is living in Rome, and his behaviour and eloquence are so influential that he is elected Pope. However, he gets soon involved again in helping comrades against Charlemagne, this time finding himself in the losing side.

The feud between Maugis and Charlemagne goes back a long way; in the earlier poems Charlemagne is portrayed as an unforgiving and ruthless leader: he is guilty of relentlessly persecuting Beuves first, and then is publicly mocked and disgraced by a young sorceror Maugis, who makes him dance and sing naked in front of the court. And then again they clash in Les Quatre fils Aymon, in which Charlemagne is time and time again offended by Maugis’ wits and sorcery. Because of this experience, Saber is somewhat rebellious towards authority figures.

At other times however Maugis is portrayed as an ally of the court, for example in Luigi Pulci’s Morgante, aiding Renaud, Astolfo and Roland in their fights against the infidels. He however can’t refrain from still pulling practical jokes on his fellow paladins from time to time, true to his nature of trickster figure.

They Say About Him...

Olivier: “Yeah, don’t trust him, you just don’t. He’s never serious, you know? Just a petty thief, an educated scoundrel. Truly a behaviour unfit of a nobleborn. He brings even more shame to his whole family, if that’s even possible. Even Renaud, as much as I have to admit is a valiant knight, reveals his low character in affiliating with such a lowlife. Bah, rubbish worth of a spellcaster like him.”

Roland: “*sigh* He can be your best friend and the biggest thorn in your side. At the same time. He’s trouble, you know? He lives to make everybody’s life difficult, one way or another. But if it’s on your side, he proves to be a good ally. As painful as it is, sometimes only an outsider can save you from unexpected predicaments.”

Astolfo: “What should I say, he isn’t a bad person, but... you have to know how to handle him... well, he was raised by fairies after all.”

Richard Aymon: “He saved my life.”

Ganelon: “Trouble, that’s who he is. For everyone involved.”

Charlemagne: “This world is too small for both of us. I’ll have that goddamn trickster’s head tied in a knot even if I have to go to the four corners of the world!!”

Renaud: “One moment he can help you, and the next one he’s pulling pranks behind your back. Oh, don’t get me wrong, he’s my cousin and there is no one else I’d want as ally, I owe him more than I have, but sometimes he can be impossible to deal with. He is his own character. A childish player to the end.”

Class and Personal Skills:___________________________________________ ________________________

Magic Resistance: B (D)
    It grants protection against magical effects. At this level, it cancels spells with a chant below three verses. It’s important to note that the term "verse" refers to a set of three lines. Thus, a chant of three verses is equivalent to a Nine-Line incantation. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Riding: B
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Eye of the Mind (False): B
    A natural talent to avoid danger on the basis of an innate 6th sense, intuition, or prescience, where accuracy of instinct has been augmented by experience – somewhat overcoming the problem of visual obstructions that appear in the course of combat. At this level it allows calm analysis of battle conditions, by which competent grasp of the status of the self and the opponent are obtainable even in the midst of danger; utilization of such to deduce the appropriate course of action that permits escape from a lethal predicament.

Magecraft: A
    Knowledge regarding modern Thaumaturgy. It’s the expertise concerning elemental magic, the summoning and control of Nature Spirits, Divination, the crafting and use of potions and Mystic Codes and the quick casting of spells. This level of proficiency is more than enough to allow summoning in the Caster Class.

Nature of a Trickster: A
    The disposition to act like a traditional trickster figure. It can be speculated that Maugis picked on these habits when gowing up among the fairies, notoriously chaotic beings. It prevents spells and attacks to loose efficacy to the eyes of the victims no matter how many times they are witnessed, and provides a bonus when inflicting damage to unsuspecting victims. Maugis often employed always the same simple but effective tricks on his targets, who never managed to detect his actions.

Noble Phantasms:________________________________________ _________________________________

Lignée d’Aigremont: Protection From The Fairies When In Danger
    Type: Anti-Unit

A precious earring worn by Maugis since he was an infant. It is otherwise merely a trinket, but it has a special connection with Maugis and his family. It is in fact the only tangible symbol through which the heirs of Beuves d'Aigremont can be identified, and what allowed Maugis and his brother Vivien to recognize each other in the middle of the battle, and break up a potentially fratricide fight. Furthermore, after Maugis the sorcerer tinkered with it, it became a protective amulet: mindful of the events of his early childhood, Maugis realized the need for protection in helpless situations. Consecrating it to her adoptive mother Oriande and the other elementals of the forest, it invokes the protection of the surrounding Nature Spirits in the area whenever Maugis is rendered utterly incapable of defending himself, bestowing the blessing of the Fairies upon the wielder: in doing so, it temporarily increases the Rank of LCK to the highest level. As such, it has become a true Noble Phantasm.

Le Diable Noir: A Devil Defeating Devils

As the final rite of passage for Maugis, in order to gain his official status as knight and sorcerer, the fairy Oriande instructed him to retrieve the phantasmal beast, the horse Bayard, from the island in which it was kept prisoner, guarded by aggressive spirits and even a dragon. To do so, Maugis disguised himself as an inhabitant of the island, a fearsome black devil that at first scared the precious horse when he saw the sorcerer approaching. With this, Maugis completed the task slipping unsuspected, without the need to raise a single blade. It is in other words a spell of concealment and disguise, and employed more than any other by tricksters from worldwide mythologies to achieve their goals, and as such it’s an obvious tool of the trade for Maugis. Once cast it envelops the enchanter, disguising his appearance as a fearsome and ominous creature of darkness, but it can be also used to assume less impressive appearances and giving false readings to the Masters’ vision regarding Class, Name, Parameters and Skills. It cannot however, actually alter them, so after a fight any decent warrior should be able to grasp Saber’s real proficency.
    Maugis is particularly expert and fond of this stratagem, often approaching the target unsuspected or to help his proteges pass unnoticed through inspection. It’s a disguise that can fool anyone, even at close inspection, even Charlemagne, having him under his eyes, couldn’t tell him apart from an ordinary holyman. Not even Renaud himself who well knew his cousin’s appearance and penchant for disguise and pranks. Besides, Maugis isn’t really fond of facing problems head-on, rather waiting or influencing events to reap the benefits later on.

Montessor: The Walls of the Enchanted Castle
    Type: Anti-Army

The walls of the Castle of Montessor, in which Renaud and his three brothers found refuge when on the run by Charlemagne, were said to be built by Maugis through the use of his devil and spirit minions. It resisted the siege of Charlemagne and his Twelve Peers, never taken by force, but only through the ‘inside job’ of a prisoner who lowered the bridge. Nowadays, its location is lost in legend. A survey by the University of Ličge in 1976 notes a dozen locations that would be the fortress built by Maugis in the Ardennes, according to local traditions, ranging from France as well as Belgium. It can be cast as a relatively quick spell of protection, although not long-lasting. This being said, however, time is the only limitations, as provided the necessary materials it can be turned into an effective stronghold defense.

Raid on the Court: Never Trust The Word of a Trickster
    Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Noble Phantasm

Attempting to inflict yet another hit on Charlemagne’s faction, Maugis is however captured by Olivier. Charlemagne is mostly delighted by the news, because at that time, after months of fighting, the sorceror has replaced the four heirs of Aymon as the name on top of his black list. Maugis however manages to give himself time to plan a counterattack, postponing his execution for tomorrow. To prevent his escape, he’s chained in the dungeon, guarded by Charlemagne’s Peers. All of these precautions prove to be useless though, as when night comes, Maugis easily frees himself from the shackles and puts the whole court to sleep with his magical arts.
    Then, to add insult to injury, he loots the armory and treasury, safely making off with Charlemagne’s treasure, stealing the emperor’s crown and all the precious and magical weapons of the Twelve Peers. Jackpot~!
    Crystallized as a Noble Phantasm, this impressive deed allows Saber to steal any unclaimed Noble Phantasm at the moment. The skill to use them, however, falls under a separate category. Already an insidious chance in itself, coupled with Maugis’ stealth attacks and use of powerful sleeping spells, it becomes extremely dangerous, capable of altering the power balance of the Heaven’s Feel overnight.

Froberge: The Fire of the Valiant Knight

A beautiful and powerful Mystic Code in the shape of a sword, forged by the legendary swordsmith Wayland. Its pedigree is therefore the same as other famous magic swords, such as Gram, Durendal and Curtana. Although Renaud is its most reknowned owner, it was in fact first retrieved through the magical powers of Maugis, and afterwards entrusted to the valiant cousin together with the fairy horse of equal level Bayard. Maugis in fact was always more of a trickster enchanter than a direct fighter, preferring to accomplishing his goals through magecraft rather than feats of arms, and thus judged his cousin to be the user who could best put the sword to good use.
    Its nature is that of a flaming sword, a common mytheme and magical object that can be found among many legends throughout the world. It produces a storm of searing flames protruding from the blade, and this fire will never go off unless the user wills so, or as long as the fighting spirit of the knight’s soul still burns, never surrendering to hardships.

Noble Phantasms that didn’t make the cut

Castle Cruel: The Vermillion Nightmare

The illusory, artificial mental landscape in which Maugis threw Renaud in the Orlando Innamorato. The beautiful Angelica is mad in love with Renaud, who on the other hand wants none of it. Maugis is caught in the middle, forced to obey Angelica’s wishes (the only person who managed to outlast his tricks), and instructed to bring the paladin to her if he wants his freedom. If he agress, everybody will be happy and on their merry ways, actually a win-win solution for everyone involved. But no, Renaud is adamant in his refusal, no matter how he pleads to the good sense of the knight. This obviously befuddles and angers the sorceror, to whom Renaud owes a lot. Infuriated, Maugis makes it so Renaud is kidnapped through magical means an taken to the Palazzo Zoioso (Joyful Palace) a garden of delights prepared by Angelica in which he hopes to soften his resolution... but still to no effect. Renaud is then imprisoned in Rocca Crudele (Castle Cruel), a nightmarish castle full of horrific details and visions and inhabited by a dragon. At this point, Maugis reports back to Angelica:

Look, I’ve had enough of you two. I left Renaud’s ass in Castle Cruel, and if you hurry you can still save him. If this doesn’t make him accept you, nothing will. Here’s what you shall do to defeat the dragon. Goodbye!

Astaroth: The Swift Runner in the Wind

Named after the devil summoned by Maugis in the Morgante to transport Renaud and Richard from Egypt to Roncesvalles in three days. It’s a pair of sabatons that allows for incredible fast travel, even over long distances, skipping through the air. It greatly enhances the AGI of the wearer.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

I find the lack of sources I was looking for rather annoying. What the hell, internet? This is the second time you disappoint me.
    At first I was going to make his class as a Double Summon, but then he started to have too many skills... just read it as a Saber-Caster servant.
    Castle Cruel is a sealing NP similar to Breaker Gorgon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    They Say About Him...
    Top Gear reference? O_o
    Galleries for Stuff

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    No.

Blog Entries
    LANCER Xenophon
    The Philosophising Soldier

STR C
    EN B
    AGI B
    MA D
    LU D
    Class skills:
    Magic Resistance D
    Bolstered by being summoned as Lancer, usually Xenophon would only have E, since his legend makes no mention of magic, either cast by his opponents or by himself. Even so, he's of the Age of the Gods and has some innate resistance.

Personal skills:
    Codependency C
    Xenophon was one of the leaders of the Ten Thousand after Cyrus the Younger died and the back-up leaders were betrayed and executed. Together with other soldiers, Xenophon was elected to lead the men, and did so successfully.
    This skill allows him to supply prana to other Servants, even if he himself doesn't have any left; by having two users of this skill together with a high enough rank, it is theoretically possible for infinite mana to be generated. However, at Xenophon's rank, this just allows something like Independent Action of rank C in his presence, and not for himself.
    Disengage B
    The ability to break away from combat or to retreat. This rank gives Xenophon the bonus effect of returning battle conditions to what they were at the beginning of the match, and opponents will have to make a luck check to pursue him.
    Philosophy D
    In life, Xenophon was the student of Sokrates, who has been called the greatest of the Greek philosophers. However, he didn't actually learn much of Sokrates' philosophy due to his life as a soldier, and did not make any advancement in philosophy by himself.
    This skill grants Xenophon the ability to recognize Mental Interference and negate it to a minor degree.

Noble Phantasms:
    Anabasis & Katabasis ~ Travels of the Ten Thousand ~ Anti-Army B
    The books for which Xenophon is most famous, detailing his travels with the Persian army before and after the murder of Cyrus the Younger.
    Xenophon was elected to take command of this army and lead it back to friendly territory.
    The Anabasis (lit. "going up") is the first function of this otherwise unremarkable spear: Xenophon throws the spear up, either at a specific target or the sky; if the second, Katabasis ("coming down") activates and hits the ground hard enough to leave craters. However, during the moment when the spear is up high, Xenophon is deprived of his primary weapon. Activating it in close combat is therefore not a smart move. On the other hand, this move is quite prana efficient.

Apologeia ~ Defense of Philosophy ~ Anti-Unit B
    Xenophon was a student of Socrates, even though he wasn't present for most of his lessons due to being a soldier.
    The Apologeia or Apology, written of by both Xenophon and Plato, are descriptions of Socrates' trial.
    However, Xenophon's interpretation differs from Plato's in that the message seems to be that it's better to die before senility and decay set in.
    This NP is the shield a typical soldier of Xenophon's time would wield. It is capable of blocking blows below rank C without trouble, and can block a single blow of higher rank before breaking.
    If it breaks, however, it'll give Xenophon a boost to all stats, allowing him to shine like Socrates did before his death, following his philosophy to the end.

Notes:
    So this is the most Nasu-ified sheet I've done so far, in that I've taken some liberties with the Servant to make interesting NPs. I'm worried they might feel a little forced, so tell me what you think.
    This Servant, unlike the other two I posted, didn't have a solid theme behind him. Lohengrin had 'needs to be unknown', Salome had 'Seductress'.
    Xenophon... well, he was mostly born out of a desire to have some non-mythological non-Caster Greeks.
    I wanted to put something in there about the Cyropaedia, but I couldn't find anything that'd fit and be useful or appropiate.
    ... His title is kinda lame, honestly, but I couldn't find anything better.
    Last edited by NMR-3; June 9th, 2015 at 10:01 AM.

How does leadership ability translate into Independent Action (and such a high rank at that)?
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    How does leadership ability translate into Independent Action (and such a high rank at that)?
    Well, he's known (among other things, of course) for being one of the soldiers who led the Persian army back to the sea - and therefore to relative safety.
    In my mind it's not such a large jump from "(partially) led the army when the other leaders died" to "setting new goals and succeeding in them after leaders died" and from there to Independent Action.
    I might have not made that entirely clear in the text, though. My bad.

Independent Action is the ability to act and survive alone. What you're describing sounds more like Charisma and Pioneer of the Stars, respectively.

Blog Entries
    Independent Action is the ability to act and survive alone. What you're describing sounds more like Charisma and Pioneer of the Stars, respectively.
    I guess 'alone' is the problem. What he did doesn't really fit under 'alone'.
    Charisma is leading people/popularity, but otherwise not that applicable. Pioneer of the Stars is doing the impossible or exploring, I thought?
    Neither really fits that well...
    Honestly, I could scrap that and put it under Disengage, but that seems a little too drastic and sort of ignores the intent of continuing without a master.
    Just diminishing the rank doesn't work, either, since he survived for months.

I could just make a new skill. Call it Cooperation or something, make its effect that he can 'give out' prana to other Servants but not to himself.
    That way, the legend fits, as it was a bunch of guys sharing in a circle.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the stuff you did under IA is more like Mordred's Charisma.

Charisma : C-
    Natural army commanding talent. During team battles one's team's abilities are elevated. A rare skill.
    Mordred's charisma fully shows itself during during rebellion.

Hey, I'm trying to write a Servant whose modus operandi is to imbue others with Servant-like abilities and I'm stuck on what class to make them. They could technically be Saver but they aren't famous enough, and Caster seems too lazy.

Blog Entries
    Hey, I'm trying to write a Servant whose modus operandi is to imbue others with Servant-like abilities and I'm stuck on what class to make them. They could technically be Saver but they aren't famous enough, and Caster seems too lazy.
    Well if the goal is "Leader" then any of the Knights or Rider would fit the bill.
    Galleries for Stuff

They don't have any signature weapon, mount or combat proficiency for any of those classes. Saver fits the best, but that's for insanely famous people a la Buddha or Jesus and this person is pretty obscure.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Leaderer.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.