Page 592 of 782 FirstFirst ... 92492542582587590591592593594597602642692 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,840 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Connla not having the Luck of the Irish -> 0/10 must try harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Not bolding your entire sheet might be a help, if you don't mind me suggesting it.
    HOW DO YOU EDIT?!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...With the Edit Post button? Is not exactly unintuitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    ...With the Edit Post button? Is not exactly unintuitive.
    I was on my phone and didn't realize that I was logged off at first. Now I'm on my phone and am overwhelmed by the bb code.

Blog Entries
    I have hopefully simplified it for you. Bold parts as you wish now.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Thanks, I'm going to edit it right now, it's just that BL isn't too mobile friendly.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrowins View Post
    My question for you today is: Have you ever seen an El Cid without sword NPs?
    It's true that if I were to make an El Cid sheet it would have the swords; though that story of being tied to the horse after dead may actually be more famous (and thus more appropriate for a NP).

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post

Servant Rider:

True Name: Adam Kadmon
    And now I'm the one who got snipped; though in this case also my Adam is pretty different, I think (there's in common an idea of having him as a last boss figure, though).

---

Some pages back it was said that giving unified language to Cain was too hax; I say, let's do it. If there will be any broken characters, the antediluvians should be them.
    And so here is the Servant sheet. It may be kinda strong. Also, I may have taken some... liberties with the background. (Also it may stretch a bit the existing Nasuverse cosmology.)

Class: Archetype (as a being outside the usual categorization of heroes, and given his particular relevance to humanity as a whole, this Heroic Spirit can only be summoned using this specially made container)
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Strength: A+
    Endurance: A+
    Agility: A+
    Mana: A
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Class skills
    (As a personalized container made exclusively to summon this particular Heroic Spirit, the Archetype class possesses no class skills)

Personal skills
    Natural Body: A (The possession of a perfect body since birth. At this level, Archetype's physical parameters are always treated as of one rank up)
    Magic Resistance: A+ (As a being born before the current order existed, Archetype is extremely resistant to magic systems designed to alter this particular order. As such, he is basically untouchable to modern magi)
    Independent Action: EX (Archetype never had any lord or person superior to him, and instead he was a conceptual ruler over all of creation. As such, even if summoned into a Grail War he basically has no need for the mana support or physical anchor given by a Master)
    The Will of Alaya: A (The character of being connected with the collective unconscious of humanity. All human beings are part of the collective unconscious; however, by being the first human, when Archetype was born so was Alaya, and at that time Archetype's will and Alaya were one and the same. Anything that Archetype does is considered as "good for humanity", and opposing him is the same as "opposing humanity". Any human being opposing Archetype has his parameters reduced by between one and two ranks, depending on their alignment. Counter Guardians can't oppose Archetype. On the other hand, having Divinity or a monstrous character can reduce this effect)

Noble Phantasms

"The man gave names to every beast on the field" - The Original Language
    Type: Anti-world
    In a strict sense, not a Noble Phantasm but a skill of Archetype.
    A powered-up version of Unified Language. Or rather, Unified Language is an incomplete version of this language, as used by Archetype's descendants, who couldn't manifest its full properties.
    The first language used by humanity. The ability to name the unnamed. Using this Noble Phantasm, Archetype can give a True Name to any being or phenomenon lacking one, thus fixing its character and properties, and giving Archetype dominion over it. It also gives Archetype dominion over all beings that had been named by him when alive. It can't be used to alter the nature of anything that already has a True Name (though the properties of the standard Unified Language still apply). Being able to alter the world, it is similar in a way to Divine Words.
    A Noble Phantasm that is not used against a particular target but against the undifferentiated world. In combat, Archetype generally uses it to give name to dirt and other raw materials, giving them the form of weaponry. These weapons can be as strong as regular Noble Phantasms, though they lack mystery and accumulated age.
    By the way, Archetype himself does not have a True Name.

Background

Adam Kadmon - The Original Man

The first man. The unnamed Cosmic Man, told of in legends across the world. Called Adam Kadmon in the Hebraic tradition, this is the first being that can be considered "human", and at the same time it contains all the potential of humanity.
    Untold aeons before present, when the still mute ancestors of modern humanity weren't much different from the other primates, an exceptional man was born. He was born with the gift of Speech, and with it he gave a name to all the beings and phenomenons of the undifferentiated chaos of the pre-human world. He name all the beasts, the mountains and rivers, the day and the night, the Sun and the Moon and the stars in the sky, and doing that he gave order to chaos, and created the Human World. Man became the King of Creation, and Adam's descendants multiplied and prospered in the now ordered world. With his deed, Adam effectively made humanity's existence possible.
    He is referred to as Adam in the Hebraic tradition, and has different names in different cultures, but he didn't actually have a name when alive. A name is something you put to other things in order to refer to them, but being the first man, there weren't previously existing people who needed to name Adam, and Adam himself didn't have any need to refer to himself, so he lived like that, unnamed, until his last day.
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstdisciple View Post
    I was on my phone and didn't realize that I was logged off at first. Now I'm on my phone and am overwhelmed by the bb code.
    There is a mobile skin, if that helps.

(I don't browse on mobile so I've no idea if it uses that by default, in which case this is not very helpful for you, but it bears mentioning just in case).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

(I don't browse on mobile so I've no idea if it uses that by default, in which case this is not very helpful for you, but it bears mentioning just in case).
    Referring someone to the mobile skin?

Are you trying to make his life hell? I thought you were a mod!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    It does not. Do not use the mobile skin.

DO NOT USE THE MOBILE SKIN.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Huh, nobody has made a gladiator at all. This surprises me. Guess I'll have to take care of that.

If only I could think of a good effect and flavour for a generic Gladiator​ personal skill, I'd be in business.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Increases combat potential when a crowd is present.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Are you trying to make his life hell? I thought you were a mod!
    Yeeees? That is the mods' job, you know?

(I apologise to mobile users who have a sucky skin option, and to anyone who was taken in by my ignorant recommendation).

(Hahahahaha, screw you, mobile users).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just use the normal skin on the phone, works infinitely better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Increases combat potential when a crowd is present.
    Haha, yeah it pretty much just does this. He's fun though. I'd RP him if I had the chance.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    RP a Gladiator like a WWE wrestler.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Johhnus Cenarius

Blog Entries
    La Flamma
    The Blazing Gladiator

Class: Saber
    Alternate Classes: None
    Alignment: True Neutral

Parameters:
    STR: C+
    END: D+
    AGI: D+
    MGI: E
    LCK: B

“CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE FLAME IS ROASTING?!”

Class Skills

Magical Resistance
    Grants protection from magical effects. Capable of cancelling spells altogether instead of simply rejecting prana, at a high enough rank.

• D: Protection on the level of a magical amulet, it is able to disrupt Single-Action spells. As a gladiator of the ring, it was uncommon for Saber to face magic-wielders rather than other warriors, but not entirely impossible.

Riding
    The ability to ride animals or control vehicles with sure, steadfast skill.

• C: A capable enough rider, Saber is able to ride any normal animal or vehicle with great ease and skill. However, he cannot ride any sort of Magical Beast. Saber was required to kill the beasts he encountered in the ring, rather than tame them, so he is not exceptional at Riding.

Personal Skills

Champion of the Arena
    Trained to fight in a public arena for the spectacle of others, and as such has seen and fought against a wide array of threats while developing a unique combat style.

• B: A mighty gladiator who lived for the thrill of combat, Saber never cared for his freedom, only the spectacle of battle. Bonuses are appended to Saber’s physical Parameters when fighting in an arena-like situation or when there are enough spectators for him to consider them an audience. Additionally, his unparalleled career length has given him experience with a wide array of opponents, meaning that he can easily understand and adapt to almost any fighting style used against him, acting as Eye of the Mind at a reduced Rank.

Showmanship
    The natural talent to command an audience’s attention. Increases one’s own abilities during challenges or performances with a large enough audience, and can favourably enhance the opinions that spectators hold towards you.

• A: Saber was a superstar of the gladiatorial arena giving himself a catchy nickname and playing up to the audience at all times. His stage personality is vibrant and charming, leading others to wish for his success no matter what. Though developed by mundane means and strength of character alone, it is a mental interference charm of a high order that also provides resistance against mental interference that would dampen his flashy grandstanding style.

Prana Burst [Flame]
    A version of Prana Burst that impregnates weapons with a particular elemental effect.

• C: In the heat of battle, Saber can imbue his equipment with fiery prana, manifesting as flames that earned him his stage name. This skill only becomes active when Saber is feeling particularly fired up about battle.

Rudis
    Freedom Refused for the Glory of Spectacle

Type: Anti-Unit
    Targets: 1
    Range: 1

Description: When a gladiator made a particularly pleasing performance, or after having won enough battles in the arena, it was common for him to be offered a rudis, a wooden dagger that was symbolic of freedom, being able to exit through the gates of life into the world without contest. In other words, a pardon or token that extols the freedom of an individual once considered a slave or prisoner.

Saber was such a skilled and pleasing gladiator that he was awarded the rudis no less than four times during his thirteen-year career, however he never once accepted the freedom that this token conferred. Unlike a fellow gladiator who chafed under the oppression of the Roman upper class and loathed his status as a slave gladiator, Saber gloried in the fame and the appreciation that the sport had brought to him, and reveled in the joy of combat.

While he is armed with a gladius and a rectangular shield, as well as armour and a helmet to protect him from the tridents of the retiarii, none of these are phantasmal, being particularly effective only through the flames that Saber can imbue into them with his Prana Burst skill. However, his belt also holds the four wooden daggers that he won throughout his lifetime, and he is able to use these at any time that an opponent is in range.

By injuring an opponent with one of his rudii the Noble Phantasm is invoked, consuming the dagger in a flash of fire and breaking all contracts connected to the injured individual, as well as breaking any physical restraints. In many ways, this can be considered an Anti-Magic Noble Phantasm similar to that of a famed Greek witch, although on a somewhat more limited scale, as he cannot use it on himself. Not someone who strives to free others, but rather a man who carelessly tosses away freedom and is unconcerned if others seize upon it. There is a constant passive effect to this Noble Phantasm as well, since his denial of freedom in order to fight is his greatest deed. When Saber is restrained in any sort of way he will receive a Rank Up to all Parameters and will be able to continue to fight relatively effectively even with the restraints placed upon him.

Key Words

• The Flame: Saber’s name is literally “The Flame”, an epithet he chose for himself in order to excite spectators and incite a frenzy in the arena. Selected for his lust for battle and the burning passion of his gaze, it became a self-fulfilling prophecy in which Saber eventually developed Prana Burst [Flame] merely as a way to liven up his gladiatorial battles, to add a little flair and pizzazz to the show. In many ways, he could be compared to a certain famed sportsman of the modern era who also took on a moniker and spoke of himself in the third person with absurd confidence and charisma.

• Career Success: Saber was perhaps the most successful gladiator known to modern man, with a thirteen year career and a record of 34 fights, racking up an impressive 21 wins and only 4 losses. Even in loss he was able to avoid the killing blow, being so favourable to the spectators that those who had the power to turn their thumb down at his loss and have him killed were loathe to do so because it would earn the ire of the private citizens and harm their political popularity.

• Secutor: One of the many types of gladiator that existed in the arena, the secutor was designed to be a quick-acting fighter who would need to end battles quickly. This is shown in the chosen name for the class, literally meaning “chaser”. Wearing heavier armour than most gladiators and armed with a large shield as well as a short sword, secutors had the chosen style of rapidly closing with an enemy and landing a killing blow. Generally suffering poorly in drawn out fights due to the heavy armour and the difficulty breathing in an enclosed helmet, secutors were often bulky, strong men pitted against a retiarus, an unarmoured gladiator with a light, agile build and less strength ho were armed with a net and a trident and attempted to wear down the secutors by avoiding their attacks before striking for the unarmored sections of their body with the greater range provided by their tridents and the mobility restrictions their nets could afford them.

Last edited by Vagrant; September 26th, 2015 at 12:13 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I always figured that elemental type prana burst would be limited to demigods.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    I always figured that elemental type prana burst would be limited to demigods.
    Perhaps. But in the end, La Flamma decided that his performances just needed a little more flair. So he went and developed it himelf because he's the motherfucking Flame.

Also I thought it was amusing that he'd develop a highly potent skill simply to make his battles more entertaining.