Page 665 of 782 FirstFirst ... 165565615655660663664665666667670675715765 ... LastLast
Results 13,281 to 13,300 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No faceclaim this time?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    No faceclaim this time?
    Aaaaaaaaaaand added.

マリーの味方
    started writing up background summary for my servant sheet as it's almost done, and the background alone is 1000+ words... welp

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Wow. I don't think I went through that even with Ragnar Lodbrok, and I tried to make a coherent whole out of different versions of his legend. What Servant are you statting up, if you don't mind me asking?
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; February 25th, 2016 at 11:43 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    started writing up background summary for my servant sheet as it's almost done, and the background alone is 1000+ words... welp
    That's the most interesting part so it is worth it.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Wow. I don't think I went through even with Ragnar Lodbrok, and I tried to make a coherent whole out of different versions of his legend. What Servant are you statting up, if you don't mind me asking?
    tecumseh. i feel like i might have made him too solid despite him being so modern, so the background is mostly an elaboration of his life to hopefully express why i think he deserves it. in the end i didn't end up doing much 'nasu-ifying' of his life.

Cool. Looking forward to his sheet. :-)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think i've seen a sheet for Tecumseh before, but I don't know much about native american history so it'll be interesting to read.

Anyways, anyone got any feedback for my Brutus sheet? He was my first Assassin so I know he needs work.

Class: Lancer

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: A
    MGI: D
    LCK: D

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C): Cancels spells two verses or shorter.

Personal Skills

Most Noble Order of the Garter (A): Lancer is a member of the highest order of chivalry in England, dedicated to Saint George.
    The insignia of the Order marks Lancer as a paragon of virtue and a powerful knight. As long as he upholds the code of chivalry,
    he gains a Rank-up to all parameters except MGI and can access skills common to a knight, including Riding, Battle Continuation
    Instinct, Guardian Knight
    , and Soul of a Martyr each at Rank B. If he breaks the code of chivalry, all these benefits are lost.

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit (B): Negates the effect of Charisma up to an equivalent rank. This skill is something of an antithesis
    to Lancer's status as a loyal knight, but using it does not negate the code of chivalry if Lancer believes the enemy to be a false
    ruler or undeserving of their power. As the leader of a rebellion meant to usurp the throne, Lancer has no conflict with this skill.

Noble Phantasms

Scythe of Sedgemoor~Revolt of the West (B+, Anti-Army)

A weapon that represents Lancer's rebellion against his father, the King of England, and his force of 5000 militia armed with war
    scythes. A wicked, curved blade on the end of a long shaft, it is a formidable close to mid-range weapon that requires a great
    deal of skill to wield. By invoking its name, the scythe blade lengthens and Lancer sweeps it across the battlefield and bisects
    everything in sight. While it has no connection to Death's scythe, the imagery of Lancer's attack is certainly evocative of it.

Blenheim~Execution at Tower Hill (B, Support)

The crystallization of Lancer's execution. Sentenced to death by the headsman's axe, official records from the Tower of London
    state that in a ghastly spectacle, it took fives blows from the axe to cleanly sever Lancer's head. This staving off of a deadly
    wound is what gives Lancer this Noble Phantasm. It allows Lancer to negate the damage of any five attacks, instead passing right
    though him harmlessly. This does not affect Noble Phantasms higher than B-rank and does not protect anything or anyone else.

Background
    James Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth was an illegitimate son of Charles II, born and raised in the Netherlands. He was appointed
    a Knight of the Garter and commanded English troops in the 2nd and 3rd Dutch-Anglo Wars and the Franco-Dutch War. In 1685 he
    led the Monmouth Rebellion, attempting to depose his uncle, King James II. He declared himself the legitimate king due to his
    parentage and his Protestantism (in opposition to King James’ Catholicism). The rebellion failed, and he was beheaded for treason.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; February 25th, 2016 at 06:31 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Oh shit, we're on Page 666! Quick, somebody make some sort of satanic/demonic character sheet!

Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Anyways, anyone got any feedback for my Brutus sheet? He was my first Assassin so I know he needs work.
    Well, his stats feel pretty high for an Assassin. I mean, they're higher than Nero's and she's a Saber!

Maybe lower Strength a rank or two? Other than that he's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    James Scott character sheet
    Knight of the Garter is pretty freakin' strong. It also seems kind of... wrong for him to have. I mean Arturia was the King of Knights and she didn't have any sort of skill revolving around being stronger so long as she follows her code of chivalry. Neither did Lancelot, who's probably the most famous knight off all time. Or Gawain, who's described as a 'natural knight'.

Blenheim, while cool, seems like it would just give him a rank of C or B , possibly A, in Battle Continuation rather than form a Noble Phantasm.
    Last edited by Crying; February 26th, 2016 at 06:13 AM.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I reduced his strength to C+, equal to Jekyll and less than Hassan of the Cursed Arm. I thought it was appropriate as he was a soldier in life before a politician, much like Caesar. Then again the Assassin class has clear physical limitations so that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    Knight of the Garter is pretty freakin' strong. It also seems kind of... wrong for him to have. I mean Arturia was the King of Knights and she didn't have any sort of skill revolving around being stronger so long as she follows her code of chivalry. Neither did Lancelot, who's probably the most famous knight off all time. Or Gawain, who's described as a 'natural knight'.

Blenheim, while cool, seems like it would just give him a rank of C or B , possibly A, in Battle Continuation rather than form a Noble Phantasm.
    Knight of the Garter is meant to be a poor-man's (or knight's in this case) Imperial Privilege. It lets him emulate Saint George based on how he sees himself.

As for Blenheim, I find NPs that just give more skills to be kind of boring, so I like to make a distinction between skills and NPs. Battle Continuation doesn't actually negate an attack, it just lets one keep fighting on, so it doesn't work in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Class: Berserker
    Alternate Classes: Saber, Lancer, Rider

STR: C (B)
    END: D (C)
    AGI: C (B)
    MGI: C
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Madness Enhancement (E++): A very low rank for a Berserker, since despite her reputation as a barbarian queen,
    she favored her wits as well as her strength. However, her anger cannot be quelled, and when insulted or wronged
    nothing will stop her from exacting revenge (she still retains the capacity to come up with specific and often
    cruelly ironic punishments, however). STR, END and AGI are ranked up while in this state.

Personal Skills

Bravery (A): Negates mental interference in battle and increases melee damage. The presence of Madness Enhancement
    makes this skill redundant and seals it. Berserker was known for being fearless even when staring down the greatest
    empire of the era, whose army was led by a king with the power of the dragon and several gods.

Aesthetics of the Last Spurt (C): Allows Berserker to increase her odds of victory when her opponent takes the
    initiative, dictates the terms of engagement or chooses the battlefield. This is her way of demonstrating that her
    opponent's strategy will count for nothing against her might.

Blessing of the Sun (B):
    Berserker's people worshiped no gods but the sun, and would sacrifice horses to it,
    for the swiftest god is worthy only of the swiftest mortal creature. Because of this, Berserker gains a rank-up
    to AGI while in direct sunlight.

Noble Phantasms

Araxes~Barrier Between Persia and Massagetae (C, Barrier)

A representation of the natural border between Berserker's land and the Persian Empire. Upon invocation, a forcefield
    is erected between Berserker and those she designates as her enemies. The barrier resists any attempt to break
    through it by force; the only way to pass through is enter peacefully or at Berserker's invitation. Conversely, the opposite
    is true for Berserker: she cannot pass through the barrier without her opponent's invitation. It is an effective tool
    for forcing a stalemate or drawing the enemy into a trap. The use of this field is representative of Berserker seeing
    the Persian king attempting to build a bridge across the river. Impatient, she invited him to pick a field on either
    side of the river and have a formal battle there.

Sanguineus Cyrus~More Blood Than You Can Drink, Spawn of Azhdahak (A++, Anti-Army)

A crystallization of Berserker's most famous feat, the defeat and humiliation of Cyrus the Great, the King of Kings.
    Swearing vengeance for the death of her son and his underhanded tactics, Berserker met him in battle and decapitated
    him. Upon return to her city, she filled a wineskin with his blood and dipped his head into it in a symbolic gesture of
    revenge for his bloodlust. Upon entering battle and being boosted by Madness Enhancement, the blood of Cyrus the Great
    will follow Berserker as an "echo" wherever she moves. For any body part moved (voluntarily or not), blood will seemingly
    appear out of nowhere to fill the space where it just was. This blood maintains the speed and direction of the body part
    that created it, greatly extending Berserker's range and creating a wall of fast-moving liquid, whose surface tension
    causes it to be as hard as concrete. In a matter of seconds the battlefield and Berserker are drenched in the blood of
    Cyrus the Great, who inherited the factor of the dragon from his grandfather, Astyages (or Azhdahak). Therefore, Berserker is
    granted Rank A Magic Resistance and a boost to damage against draconic enemies (though she is treated as draconic as well).
    It is possible to further increase her power as a final, possibly suicidal attack by channeling her own prana to mix with
    the flood of blood spilled on the ground to ignite it, creating a massive explosion as if a real dragon breathed on the area
    with a torrent of prana. Only Berserker and those with dragon-attributes have a chance of surviving it.

Background
    Tomyris was empress of the Massagatae, an Eastern Iranian nomadic tribe. She is known to us by Herodotus, who says that she
    defeated and killed Cyrus the Great, the first ruler of the Persian Empire and the self-styled King of the Universe. Seen by
    the Persians as savages, Tomyris refused Cyrus' offer of becoming Persian subjects and his hand in marriage. After this, Cyrus
    attempted to annex their land by building a bridge across the Araxes River so his army could advance.

Impatient, Tomyris bade Cyrus to pick a field on either side of the river and have a formal battle there. Cyrus, not wanting
    to give up a single inch of ground to a woman, opted to cross the river and fight in Massagatae territory. Upon arriving,
    he developed a devious plan to fight Tomyris and her people, a strategy he used to defeat the Medes in the early days of his
    empire: the Persians left behind an apparently abandoned camp filled with banquet tables of food and wine. Since the Massagataens
    were unaccustomed to drinking wine, they quickly ate, drank and partied themselves into a stupor. The Persians then attacked,
    killing one-third of the enemy army and taking Spargapises, the general of the army and Tomyris' son, hostage. Spargagises
    tricked Cyrus into removing his bonds, thus allowing him to commit suicide while in Persian captivity.

Tomyris denounced Cyrus' tactics as underhanded and treacherous. Seething with rage over the death of her son, she led her
    remaining forces and charged into the Persian lines, completely ignoring trickery, clever maneuvering and diplomacy. Herodotus
    claims that this battle was "more violent than any other fought between nations". Cyrus' army was eventually trapped between
    the Araxes river and Tomyris' army and were completely slaughtered. The barbarian queen had defeated the most powerful man on
    earth. She shoved his head into a wineksin filled with his own blood, saying, "I warned you that I would quench your thirst
    for blood, and so I shall.
    "
    Last edited by Funderfullness; February 28th, 2016 at 05:05 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Knight of the Garter is meant to be a poor-man's (or knight's in this case) Imperial Privilege. It lets him emulate Saint George based on how he sees himself.

As for Blenheim, I find NPs that just give more skills to be kind of boring, so I like to make a distinction between skills and NPs. Battle Continuation doesn't actually negate an attack, it just lets one keep fighting on, so it doesn't work in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Class: Berserker
    Alternate Classes: Saber, Lancer

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Madness Enhancement (E++): A very low rank for a Berserker, since despite her reputation as a barbarian queen,
    she favored her wits as well as her strength. However, her anger cannot be quelled, and when insulted or wronged
    nothing will stop her from exacting revenge (she still retains the capacity to come up with specific and often
    ironic punishments, however). STR, END and AGI are ranked up while in this state.

Personal Skills

Bravery (A): Negates mental interference in battle and increases melee damage. The presence of Madness Enhancement
    makes this skill redundant and seals it. Berserker was known for being fearless even when staring down the greatest
    empire of the era, whose army was led by a king with the power of the dragon and several gods.

Aesthetics of the Last Spurt (C): Allows Berserker to increase her odds of victory when her opponent takes the
    initiative, dictates the terms of engagement or chooses the battlefield. This is her way of demonstrating that her
    opponent's strategy will count for nothing against her might.

Noble Phantasms

Araxes~Barrier Between Persia and Massagetae (C, Barrier)

A representation of the natural border between Berserker's land and the Persian Empire. Upon invocation, a forcefield
    is erected between Berserker and those she designates as her enemies. The barrier resists any attempt to break
    through it by force; the only way to pass through is enter peacefully or at Berserker's invitation. Conversely, the opposite
    is true for Berserker: she cannot pass through the barrier without her opponent's invitation. It is an effective tool
    for forcing a stalemate or drawing the enemy into a trap. The use of this field is representative of Berserker seeing
    the Persian king attempting to build a bridge across the river. Impatient, she invited him to pick a field on either
    side of the river and have a formal battle there.

Sanguineus Cyrus~More Blood Than You Can Drink, Spawn of Azhdahak (A++, Anti-Army)

A crystallization of Berserker's most famous feat, the defeat and humiliation of Cyrus the Great, the King of Kings.
    Swearing vengeance for the death of her son and his underhanded tactics, Berserker met him in battle and decapitated
    him. Upon return to her city, she filled a wineskin with his blood and dipped his head into it in a symbolic gesture of
    revenge for his bloodlust. Upon entering battle and being boosted by Madness Enhancement, the blood of Cyrus the Great
    will follow Berserker as an "echo" wherever she moves. For any body part moved (voluntarily or not), blood will seemingly
    appear out of nowhere to fill the space where it just was. This blood maintains the speed and direction of the body part
    that created it, greatly extending Berserker's range and creating a wall of fast-moving liquid, whose surface tension
    causes it to be as hard as concrete. In a matter of seconds the battlefield and Berserker are drenched in the blood of
    Cyrus the Great, who possessed the factor of the dragon from his grandfather, Astyages (or Azhdahak). Therefore, Berserker is
    granted Rank A Magic Resistance and a boost to damage against draconic enemies (though she is treated as draconic as well).
    It is possible to further increase her power as a final, possibly suicidal attack by channeling her own prana to mix with
    the flood of blood spilled on the ground to ignite it, creating a massive explosion as if a real dragon breathed on the area
    with a torrent of prana. Only Berserker and those with dragon-attributes have a chance of surviving it.

Background
    Tomyris was empress of the Massagatae, an Eastern Iranian nomadic tribe. She is known to us by Herodotus, who says that she
    defeated and killed Cyrus the Great, the first ruler of the Persian Empire and the self-styled King of the Universe. Seen by
    the Persians as savages, Tomyris refused Cyrus' offer of becoming Persian subjects and his hand in marriage. After this, Cyrus
    attempted to annex their land by building a bridge across the Araxes River so his army could advance.

Impatient, Tomyris bade Cyrus to pick a field on either side of the river and have a formal battle there. Cyrus, not wanting
    to give up a single inch of ground to a woman, opted to cross the river and fight in Massagatae territory. Upon arriving,
    he developed a devious plan to fight Tomyris and her people, a strategy he used to defeat the Medes in the early days of his
    empire: the Persians left behind an apparently abandoned camp filled with banquet tables of food and wine. Since the Massagataens
    were unaccustomed to drinking wine, they quickly ate, drank and partied themselves into a stupor. The Persians then attacked,
    killing one-third of the enemy army and taking Spargapises, the general of the army and Tomyris' son, hostage. Spargagises
    tricked Cyrus into removing his bonds, thus allowing him to commit suicide while in Persian captivity.

Tomyris denounced Cyrus' tactics as underhanded and treacherous. Seething with rage over the death of her son, she led her
    remaining forces and charged into the Persian lines, completely ignoring trickery, clever maneuvering and diplomacy. Herodotus
    claims that this battle was "more violent than any other fought between nations". Cyrus' army was eventually trapped between
    the Araxes river and Tomyris' army and was completely slaughtered. The barbarian queen had defeated the most powerful man on
    earth. She shoved his head into a wineksin filled with his own blood, saying, "I warned you that I would quench your thirst
    for blood, and so I shall.
    "
    Ohh, nice sheet. I remember reading about her when making my first Cyrus sheet, but decided to go with Xenophon's version, dying peacefully in Pasargadae, cuz that's the version Alexander read, and like hell some random barbarian queen is beating quarter-dragon king chosen by the Babylonian Pantheon, the Abrahamic God and everyone else.

Maybe I should update his Rider sheet...
    Last edited by Zork Knight; February 26th, 2016 at 08:56 PM.

Yeah, the whole story is presented as too awesome and dramatic to be real, and it's just one of many versions of Cyrus' death. Still, it's a legend, and if you can kill someone like that, you get a spot on the Throne, no problem

I think it's rather more powerful than Imperial Privilege, though, since it lets him emulate Skills with actual mechanical benefits AND it boosts his already-high Stats.
    Regarding Blenheim, I think what Crying means (and please, correct me if I'm wrong) is that the original story might serve as the basis for giving him the Battle Continuation Skill, but not the Noble Phantasm you wrote. For what it's worth, I agree with him: an executioner needing to strike Scott five times before beheading him (which wasn't that uncommon back then, depending on the executioner's skill level) doesn't really seem to serve as a proper basis for a "completely ignore five attacks (within certain limits)" NP.
    If you decide to maintain the NP, how does it work in terms of duration? Can Scott use it 5 times total throughout the entire War, 5 times per night...?

5 times throughout the War. Gotta use it sparingly.
    Truth be told, I wrote Scott nearly a year ago and dusted him just now, so my (and everyone else's) idea of what is and isn't overpowered was a bit different.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; February 26th, 2016 at 11:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I think it's rather more powerful than Imperial Privilege, though, since it lets him emulate Skills with actual mechanical benefits AND it boosts his already-high Stats.
    Regarding Blenheim, I think what Crying means (and please, correct me if I'm wrong) is that the original story might serve as the basis for giving him the Battle Continuation Skill, but not the Noble Phantasm you wrote. For what it's worth, I agree with him: an executioner needing to strike Scott five times before beheading him (which wasn't that uncommon back then, depending on the executioner's skill level) doesn't really seem to serve as a proper basis for a "completely ignore five attacks (within certain limits)" NP.
    If you decide to maintain the NP, how does it work in terms of duration? Can Scott use it 5 times total throughout the entire War, 5 times per night...?
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant.

Tomyris character sheet

Huh, weird. I was thinking of trying to make a Cyrus the Great sheet.

Still, she seems pretty good. Not obviously unbalanced. Her NP's feel a bit powerful for such a relatively minor Heroic Spirit, but that doesn't really matter.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

JP Friend Code
    Updated my Ruler Cyrus sheet into a full Rider/Ruler sheet, and changed a few things here and there. Hopefully better and not worse.

Blog Entries
    Your version of him is... strong.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    Your version of him is... strong.
    Well, he's a quarter-dragon Age of Gods conqueror-king who defeated a dragon powered by Angra Mainyu, was chosen by the Babylonian pantheon to be "King of Universe", chosen by Elohim to lead the jews, champion of Allah that defeated Gog and Magog (Dhul-Qarnayn), and is Alexander's personal hero.

I mean you could say most of that is just legends and bs but I chose to make Cyrus the Great... great, by syncretizing it all.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; February 27th, 2016 at 02:09 AM.