Page 725 of 782 FirstFirst ... 225625675715720723724725726727730735775 ... LastLast
Results 14,481 to 14,500 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Enoch's a good choice for an overpowered Caster, given his role in Apocryphal lore. I was even half-considering making a sheet for him myself sometime when I read this...

Not sure if he should have Divine Protection honestly. Judging by the description ('defeat beasts unaided') it sounds like it was intended to be specific to David, or at least divinely blessed kings in particular. I'd suggest giving him High-Speed Divine Words at some high rank (A or A+) but I guess that's been counted for under his first NP. Speaking of which...

I doubt whether Liber Loageath is really worthy of an EX rank, since it's main stated effect is letting stand on the level of other AoG spellcasters like Medea. I'd say B or A at most.

Metatron NP is certainly interesting. So he can either transform into Metatron himself or summon the angel independently, albeit with one or the other in a depowered state. One thing you don't mention is how long Enoch can stay in that form/keep Metatron in the world. As it is, it sounds like Metatron can hang around forever once manifested. I presume Enoch shift the debuff from himself to Metatron at will? I also have to say that maintaining a Divine Spirit in existence should take a tremendous amount of Mana out of Caster, though maybe it's different since they're technically 'two halves of the same coin'?

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Enoch's a good choice for an overpowered Caster, given his role in Apocryphal lore. I was even half-considering making a sheet for him myself sometime when I read this...

Not sure if he should have Divine Protection honestly. Judging by the description ('defeat beasts unaided') it sounds like it was intended to be specific to David, or at least divinely blessed kings in particular. I'd suggest giving him High-Speed Divine Words at some high rank (A or A+) but I guess that's been counted for under his first NP. Speaking of which...

I doubt whether Liber Loageath is really worthy of an EX rank, since it's main stated effect is letting stand on the level of other AoG spellcasters like Medea. I'd say B or A at most.

Metatron NP is certainly interesting. So he can either transform into Metatron himself or summon the angel independently, albeit with one or the other in a depowered state. One thing you don't mention is how long Enoch can stay in that form/keep Metatron in the world. As it is, it sounds like Metatron can hang around forever once manifested. I presume Enoch shift the debuff from himself to Metatron at will? I also have to say that maintaining a Divine Spirit in existence should take a tremendous amount of Mana out of Caster, though maybe it's different since they're technically 'two halves of the same coin'?

Thank you for the feedback!

About the Divine Protection, I wanted a skill that would represent his devotion to God, it was the best one I found. And I didn't choose the Divine Words for the reasion you mentioned. I accept other suggestions of Personal Skills.

The Liber also gives him a really big supply of Mana. It works in the same manner of Prelati Spellbook to Caster!Zero, Prelati is A+, I think this book, whose origin is divine, written by angels in the age of gods, should be really really superior than a recent occult book.

Yes, Enoch can shift his Servant status with Metatron at will. And Metatron can be active as a Servant for as much as the Master of Caster can supply him with Mana (since during that time, Liber Loageath is locked). I hope I managed to explain well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
    Thank you for the feedback!

About the Divine Protection, I wanted a skill that would represent his devotion to God, it was the best one I found. And I didn't choose the Divine Words for the reasion you mentioned. I accept other suggestions of Personal Skills.

The Liber also gives him a really big supply of Mana. It works in the same manner of Prelati Spellbook to Caster!Zero, Prelati is A+, I think this book, whose origin is divine, written by angels in the age of gods, should be really really superior than a recent occult book.
    Well, I think Prelati Spellbook is A+ because of the whole Cthulhu summon deal. Also in Nasuverse it's more then just 'a recent Occult book'. It actually traces back to the sunken spiral city of H.P Lovecraft's mythos, which helps explain its high Mystery and ability to summon eldritch horrors. Or so says the (admittedly unreliable) wiki, anyway.

Well, I think Prelati Spellbook is A+ because of the whole Cthulhu summon deal. Also in Nasuverse it's more then just 'a recent Occult book'. It actually traces back to the sunken spiral city of H.P Lovecraft's mythos, which helps explain its high Mystery and ability to summon eldritch horrors. Or so says the (admittedly unreliable) wiki, anyway.
    With these informations I agree in lowering the Liber rank. A would be ok, considering it doesn't summon Non Euclidean Cosmic Horrors.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    It actually traces back to the sunken spiral city of H.P Lovecraft's mythos, which helps explain its high Mystery and ability to summon eldritch horrors. Or so says the (admittedly unreliable) wiki, anyway.
    The relevant part Wikia cites only says that it's a book containing forbidden knowledge related to evil gods that predated humanity. Prelati translated it to Italian from a Chinese Xia Dynasty text, which itself was a based on a text in a non-human language.

so I'd say it's still pretty mysterious, though it suffers from several degrees of broken telephone.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fucking give me a Chinese Caster Nasu!!

For maximum cthulhu.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Fucking give me a Chinese Caster Nasu!!

For maximum cthulhu.
    Didn't FGO give us one of those already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    No. We have Chinese (failure of an) Assassin, Chinese Berserker, and Chinese Lancer who was Assassin in his previous game but found his spear.

EDIT: never mind; forgot about Load Zhuge.
    Last edited by Constructman; May 16th, 2016 at 11:12 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    He's pretending to be British, that doesn't count.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    No. We have Chinese (failure of an) Assassin, Chinese Berserker, and Chinese Lancer who was Assassin in his previous game but found his spear.
    Zhuge-Melloi doesn't count?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    He's pretending to be British, that doesn't count.
    N'vrmind then.
    Last edited by AvengerEmiya; May 16th, 2016 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Enoch is pretty good though I would have the whole 'Language of Angels' as a skill itself if you wanted to make him more overpowered. Not sure how I would make it, either like High-Speed Divine Words or the Unified Language. Maybe both.

As for Chinese Casters, I have one in the works. I've been meaning to work on him as I have barely any Casters compared to the other classes.

Blog Entries
    I've got three Servants in the works and I'm getting really unfocused so I keep jumping back and forth between them. Help me get on one and stick with it. Who do you want to see first?
    • Jeanne de Clisson, Rider, possibly Avenger???
    • Harald Hardrada, Berserker
    • A really, really convoluted version of the Beast from the Sea, Beast, alternately Caster/Archer/Gunner.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just do whatever m8.

Personally, i dislike these "pick what you guys want" things.

You listed them in order so do Jeanne de Clisson i guess.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    I've got three Servants in the works and I'm getting really unfocused so I keep jumping back and forth between them. Help me get on one and stick with it. Who do you want to see first?
    • Jeanne de Clisson, Rider, possibly Avenger???
    • Harald Hardrada, Berserker
    • A really, really convoluted version of the Beast from the Sea, Beast, alternately Caster/Archer/Gunner.
    I have no idea who any of those three are so just do whatever one you like, I guess.

Blog Entries
    So, since Jeanne is taking a long time and Beast (False) still has a lot of kinks, I'm posting this guy first.

Class: Berserker
    • Alternate Classes: Saber, Archer, Rider

Name: Harald Sigurdsson
    • Other names: Harald III of Norway, Harald Hardrada

Place of Origin: Norway
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Parameters:
    Strength: B
    Agility: B
    Endurance: B
    Magic: D
    Luck:C
    Noble Phantasm: C

Class Skills:
    • Mad Enhancement (E-)
      At this rank, the skill only increases Harald's tolerance of pain. While he can be summoned with up to C rank Mad Enhancement, he will be summoned in this state by default so that he can make use of his tactical knowledge.

Personal Skills:
    • Military Tactics (C)
      Harald possesses knowledge of the tactics of battles where many fighters are mobilized. This comes from his time as the commander of the Byzantine Empire's Varangian Guard, where he won many victories; later he became the King of Norway and personally directed campaigns against Denmark and England.
    • Sadistic Constitution (E)
      The longer he remains in battle, the more his aggression grows. However, he will quickly return to a sound state of mind even after a few minutes of rest.
    • Expert of Many Specializations (D)
      According to one poem, Harald had mastered a number of activities that were considered sports in the Viking Age, including in addition to poetry, brewing, horse riding, swimming, skiing, shooting, rowing and playing the harp.
    • Harp of Healing (C)
      His aforementioned skill in playing the harp is to the point where his playing it will purge mental interference, restore psychological stability and heal those who listen to it. A luck check is performed; if it succeeds, the accuracy of projectiles targeting Harald and his audience drops.

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:
    Varangian Guard: Glory of Byzantium (Anti-Unit (Self)/Anti-Army, C)
    A Noble Phantasm that allows the user to both command 500 men and to fight with the strength of 500 men. This represents the 500 men that traveled with Harald from Kiev to Constantinople to join the Varangian Guard.

In its Anti-Unit form, it takes the appearance of a suit of armor. However, while it appears to be simple armor, it actually possesses 500 layers. Each layer represents the strength and endurance of an individual member of the Varangian Guard. However, the vast majority of these layers only possess C rank endurance or lower; a Heroic Spirit possessesing C rank strength or higher can easily destroy several of them in one engagement. As well, weapons that nullify or bypass magic will render the armor useless.

In its Anti-Army form, the armor disappears from Harald's body and will take the form of 500 (or how many layers of the armor are still intact) ghostly soldiers, Wraiths representing the Byzantine Emperor's foreign guard. While these spectral soldiers are no match for a Servant, they can quickly overpower a human, making effective for espionage, assassination, and fighting large groups of human opponents.

Berserkergang: Bronze Tooth of Rage (Anti-Unit, C)
    A sword of ancient Mesopotamian design found by Harald during his campaigns against the Arabs. Berserkergang is not its true name, but simply what Harald calls it. Due to the power it possesses despite a lack of a legend behind it, Harald speculates that it was a treasure of some Muslim warlord that had been separated from the rest of its kin (he's half-right...). Curiously, despite its composition of bronze, it's handling and durability far surpass even the steel swords of Harald's time. It has a unique ability of being able to grant an equivalent of Mad Enhancement C upon its wielder, but with reduced drawbacks and prana cost. As such, Harald often carried it into battle as a backup weapon. Despite technically not belonging to him, it has appeared with Harald due to it being the last weapon he ever held, as he took an arrow to the eye during the Battle of Stamford Bridge. While he will normally wield a mundane axe and shield, he will draw this sword if an extra bit of force is required. Use of this Noble Phantasm will seal Varangian Guard for the duration of its activation.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    The King of Norway from 1046 to 1066. Famed for his service to the Byzantine Empire, as well as for his eighteen year long war with Sveyn II of Denmark and his unsuccessful invasion of England in 1066.

At age 15, he fled Norway after an unsuccessful bid for the throne, held by Canute the Great of Denmark. Taking refuge in the Kievan Rus, he found favor in the eyes of Prince Yaroslav the Wise, and ended up fighting for the Rus against enemies such as the Poles for a few years.

Later, he and his men joined the Varangian Guard and were deployed to all parts of the Byzantine Empire. A large portion of his early career was in Asia Minor, the Levant, and Mesopotamia, fighting Arab pirates and raiders while protecting Christian pilgrims. Later, he was sent to Sicily, fighting both the Saracen Emirate of Sicily and the Lombard Uprising.

Eventually, Harald deserted the Varangian Guard, fleeing back to the Kievan Rus, and then to Sweden. Conspiring with Sveyn II and Anund Jacob to take Norway from its current king Magnus the Good, the three formed an alliance and started attacking Danish settlements, forcing Magnus to the negotiation table. It was eventually decreed that Magnus and Harald would become joint kings of Norway. Magnus died but a year later, leaving Harald the sole king of Norway.

Harald then spent the rest of his reign almost entirely in war. He quickly turned on his ally Sveyn in a bid to restore Canute's North Sea Empire, which ultimately failed. As well, he had to deal with resistance to his rule from the Norwegian nobility. However, despite his warmongering, Harald was hailed as a king with good social and economic policies, establishing trade with the Rus and Byzantium as well as spreading Christianity through the nation. His greatest non-military achievement would be the founding of the city of Oslo.

Harald would meet his end in England in an unsuccessful attempt to claim Magnus's promised inheritance of the English throne. While his initial invasion was successful, his war turned for the worse when his troops were forced to the Stamford Bridge, where a nameless archer brought down the last Viking king.

Personality:
    Harald is a man who believes that when all else has failed, all problems can be solved with a little force. His definition of little is suspect. Nevertheless, he is dependable and respectful, with his warmongering traits only becoming a problem if he is put into a position of absolute authority. When serving a Master, he will take the attitude of his younger days, a loyal bodyguard eager for a fight. If he were to lose his first Master early, or if commanded to do so by his Master, only then will he take the attitude of the Viking king that ruled with an iron fist. One thing to note, however, is that he will not take theft of his possessions or rights lightly. Robbers and usurpers, beware of Harald Hardrada.

He has no particular wish for the Grail, seeing the Holy Grail War merely as a chance for a good fight.

Miscellaneous:
    Dislikes: those who take what is rightfully(?) his.
    Talents: military engagements, particularly those involving smaller groups of soldiers.
    Natural Enemy: Harold Godwinson, Sveyn II
    Catalysts: archeological relics from the Battle of Stamford Bridge.
    Notes: he will lose access to Berserkergang if summoned into the Archer class, instead gaining a bow Noble Phantasm.
    Last edited by Constructman; May 17th, 2016 at 11:13 PM.

Class: Berserker
    Alternate Class: Assassin

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: D
    LCK: D

Class Skills

Madness Enhancement (E-A): Normally, Berserker is sane and the only evidence of madness is
    a huge ego combined with a personality complex named after himself. However, this skill will
    increase in rank in proximity to fire, proportional to the amount of fire in the area. A small
    bonfire will result in Rank D while an inferno will result in Rank A. Accordingly, his sanity
    vanishes and his parameters increase to an equivalent degree.

Personal Skills

Information Erasure (B): Information regarding Berserker's true name, abilities and appearance
    is removed from the memories of any witnesses after an engagement. After his exploits, it was forbidden
    to speak or write his name to deny him any fame. All one will remember of Berserker is flames.

Enmity of the Goddess (B): Indicates a sour relationship with divinity. Berserker gains a rank-up
    to attacks against people, creatures and buildings connected to the goddess Artemis, but suffers
    a rank-down to LCK in the process.

Noble Phantasm

Ηρόστρατος~My Name Seared Into History (C++, Anti-Unit, Anti-Fortress)

The fervent wish of Berserker to be remembered and infamous made manifest. All he must do to invoke
    it is to speak his own name, and any object in his line of sight has the letters of his name literally
    emblazoned onto it as if spelled out in oil and lit on fire, the weapon of an arsonist. Depending on his
    level of sanity and capability of strategy, he can cause small burns on vital points or ignite an entire
    structure and start a blazing inferno. Using this Noble Phantasm will, as a matter of course, reveal his
    true name for a short time before it is covered up by Information Erasure, but the stroking of his ego
    along with the strength he gains from nearby flames is well worth it. The flames will spread with unnatural
    quickness, and are able to destroy even great temples and fortresses that other Servants conjure in the
    modern world. Even Wonders of the World are not safe from the flames.

Background
    Herostratus was a Greek arsonist who sought notoriety by destroying the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus,
    one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. In an attempt to immortalize his name, he set fire to
    the wood and straw in the roof. It was on the night of July 21, 356 BCE, an opportune time for arson
    since Artemis was busy attending to the birth of Alexander the Great and could not return to protect
    her temple in time. He was executed and subjected to damnatio memoriae, or the erasing of his name.
    Were it not for the historian Theopompus he would have faded into obscurity.

Herostratus's name lived on in classical literature and has passed into modern languages as a term for
    someone who commits a criminal act in order to achieve notoriety, thus winning herostratic fame. Should
    he encounter a servant of the moon goddess such as Atalanta, Orion or Camilla, he will not survive the night.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; July 16th, 2016 at 12:14 AM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Harald: Never heard of the guy, but he sounds pretty sweet. Congrats on making Varangian Guard more then just a basic army-summon. The idea of his armor having 500 layers for his 500 men is a quite cool and innovative take on what could otherwise have been a painfully generic NP. Don't really get what's going on with his second NP. Is there any reason why it has the effects it does given it's apparent lack of lore, or was that just something you made up for a bit of extra flavor. A quick Google search tells me that 'Berserkergang' is a name for the rages Viking warriors would go into in combat, but that doesn't really answer much else about the sword itself, especially what you mean by 'He's half right...'

Also, why does he have the Harp Of Healing Skill? There's no explanation in the Skill description, nor is there any mention of him using a harp in the lore you provided.

- - - Updated - - -

Herostratus: When I saw the mention of 'personality complex named after him' I was like 'Who is this guy?' then when I saw Information Erasure and Enmity Of The Gods I got a pretty good idea. I thought of doing a Herostratus sheet after seeing him on the Moe History tumblr blog, but couldn't think of any interesting NP for him other then a generic 'all-consuming inferno' when I'd just done something like that for my William T. Sherman sheet. Your take on it is of course, very creative and cool. What better representative of 'Herostratic complex' then literally emblazoning your name on something in giant burning letters. Of course, it wouldn't be complete without Information Erasure.

Blog Entries
    Harald: Never heard of the guy, but he sounds pretty sweet. Congrats on making Varangian Guard more then just a basic army-summon. The idea of his armor having 500 layers for his 500 men is a quite cool and innovative take on what could otherwise have been a painfully generic NP. Don't really get what's going on with his second NP. Is there any reason why it has the effects it does given it's apparent lack of lore, or was that just something you made up for a bit of extra flavor. A quick Google search tells me that 'Berserkergang' is a name for the rages Viking warriors would go into in combat, but that doesn't really answer much else about the sword itself, especially what you mean by 'He's half right...'

Also, why does he have the Harp Of Healing Skill? There's no explanation in the Skill description, nor is there any mention of him using a harp in the lore you provided.
    It was something I made up. I took the sword that Harald died with while in Berserker rage and tied it to his campaigns in the Euphrates.

Spoiler:
    the explanation for its power is that it's supposed to be one of Gilgamesh's prototypes that he neglected to retrieve. I absed it off of how he didn't bother retrieving the four Noble Phantasms that he shot at Caster's giant Cthulu.

The harp was from a tidbit I found on Wikipedia describing Harald's hobbies, which got made into the skill Expert of Many Specializations. I added it in for humor. Tracking down the source now (something Hjardar & Vike (2011)?).

Blog Entries
    BTW, is Herostratus's faceclaim a genderbent Cinder Flare from Rwby? The hair, clothes, eyes, sinister look and fire/glass combination kind of remind me of her.

- - - Updated - - -

It was something I made up. I took the sword that Harald died with while in Berserker rage and tied it to his campaigns in the Euphrates.

Spoiler:
    the explanation for its power is that it's supposed to be one of Gilgamesh's prototypes that he neglected to retrieve. I absed it off of how he didn't bother retrieving the four Noble Phantasms that he shot at Caster's giant Cthulu.

The harp was from a tidbit I found on Wikipedia describing Harald's hobbies, which got made into the skill Expert of Many Specializations. I added it in for humor. Tracking down the source now (something Hjardar & Vike (2011)?).
    When I heard 'Mesopotamian' I thought of Gilgamesh instantly LOL, so it's good to hear I was on track with that. I suppose your explanation makes sense regarding Harp Of Healing but it seems kind of odd to me having essentially the same ability listed under two different Skills. Not a big deal, though.

BTW, is Herostratus's faceclaim a genderbent Cinder Flare from Rwby? The hair, clothes, eyes, sinister look and fire/glass combination kind of remind me of her.
    That is correct. He was inspired by Cinder and a supervillian named Burnscar, of whom there is no good art.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made