Page 776 of 782 FirstFirst ... 276676726766771774775776777778781 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,520 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As one who did an Odin sheet myself once, it's certainly interesting to see another variant of him. Yours is a mortal king who was later deified into Odin, whereas I had the god himself (with divinity lessened as a consequence of summoning). I presume Skills like Rune Magic and a high rank of Clairvoyance (for 'second sight') are left for if he were summoned as Caster? Since they're obviously stuff he could have.

I really like the drill NP. Congrats on giving him something of Odin's that I'd honestly never heard of before. Having a drill as a weapon is always fun (well, I watched TTGL, of course I would say that). On Rati combined with Gungnir, well... I have only three words to say for that... (Well, five if you include rubytext, whatever)

Finishing Move
    Giga Drill Break!!

*cough cough* Excuse me. May just have gotten a wee bit carried away there. Anyways, nice job on the sheet and looking forward to what else you come up with. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Basically every Noble Phantasm can be destroyed. Well, the physical ones, anyway. Don't know how you'd go about destroying one of the abstract concept ones like God Hand or Knight of Honor.

Though maybe those aren't the best examples, since they can be destroyed sort of.
    Nah. There are plenty of "indestructible" swords like Arondight or Durendal. Even if they aren't indestructible, it isn't exactly easy to break a noble phantasm, unless you're like King Pellinore or something. If the "Ship of Theseus" idea I mentioned was your only phantasm, you'd probably have a hard time of it. And then, like you said, you can't exactly destroy conceptual phantasms. Then again, you also can't take pieces of conceptual phantasms, so I guess that that's kind of a moot point.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servants can break their own Noble Phantasms to make a big boom. But most don't because why would you ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Servants can break their own Noble Phantasms to make a big boom. But most don't because why would you ever.
    Well, to make a big boom, of course! But yeah, I did mention that broken phantasms were a thing in the first post. Not super helpful, though, because most servants won't break their phantasms, especially once they figure out how "Ship of Theseus" works.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    As one who did an Odin sheet myself once, it's certainly interesting to see another variant of him. Yours is a mortal king who was later deified into Odin, whereas I had the god himself (with divinity lessened as a consequence of summoning). I presume Skills like Rune Magic and a high rank of Clairvoyance (for 'second sight') are left for if he were summoned as Caster? Since they're obviously stuff he could have.

I really like the drill NP. Congrats on giving him something of Odin's that I'd honestly never heard of before. Having a drill as a weapon is always fun (well, I watched TTGL, of course I would say that). On Rati combined with Gungnir, well... I have only three words to say for that... (Well, five if you include rubytext, whatever)

Finishing Move
    Giga Drill Break!!

*cough cough* Excuse me. May just have gotten a wee bit carried away there. Anyways, nice job on the sheet and looking forward to what else you come up with. Cheers!
    Thank you! And I would be lying if I say I didn't inspired his Rati Gungnir combo in TTGL. And yeah, in the future I plan to make variations of him, but this one should have a Rune Magic, I just forgot it lol. But I will make a Caster one focused on Runes and stuff and a Rider one focusing on his animal companhions.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Nah. There are plenty of "indestructible" swords like Arondight or Durendal.
    You've like, named the two weapon NPs that are specifically stated to be like this. That's not random-high-number-out-of-arse-percent of NPs.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    because a qt qurl asked you to
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    You've like, named the two weapon NPs that are specifically stated to be like this. That's not random-high-number-out-of-arse-percent of NPs.
    It was a "guess-timation," although clearly a highly inaccurate one. It doesn't really matter, though. The point is that destroying phantasms is pretty hard, generally, unless the servants themselves choose to break them, something they are unlikely to do. (For reasons extensively discussed above.)

- - - Updated - - -

Okay lemme do some quick feedback, because I have the time.

Orochimaru-Seems pretty cool. I do have a clarifying question, though. "In this state, Orochimaru is capable of breathing a poison in either liquid of gas state..." What does that entail? Does this mean he is resistant to the poison, or that he releases the poison himself? How do you breath liquid poison? Do you like...spit it or something? Could you clear that up for me? Other then that it seems good. Snakes are always a good time, and I like the faceclaim as well.
    Odin-Really cool. Once again, Royd has pretty much covered everything I'd say. Drill is suitably awesome, and so is Gungnir. The fusion is just the icing on the cake. I'm hyped to see the rune magic version and the animal companion version.

SERVANT ASSASSIN
    Faceclaim

Alternate Classes: Ruler, Rider, Caster, Berserker, Avenger

Alignment: Lawful Evil/Lawful Neutral

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MAG: D
    LUCK: C
    NP: EX

Catalyst:
    A bone from his recently discovered remains

Dislikes: Incompetence, Illegitimacy, the Lancasters

Talents: Fighting Battles, Court Intrigue

Natural Enemy: Henry Tudor, Shakespeare

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment (A):
    Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. The rank of presence concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack. However, this condition does not apply to poisoning something. Throughout his life, Assassin has been accused of being guilty of the most heinous of crimes such as the death of his wife and the murder of his two young nephews. However this remains ambiguous even to this day, which is reflected through this skill.

As a Rider
    Riding (B+): The ability to ride animals and vehicles. However this does not apply to dragons or any other Magical Beast. Despite suffering a birth defect that left him slightly hunched, Assassin has nevertheless proved himself a good horseman and knight in no less than three battles.

Personal Skills:

Charisma (B-):
    In his mortal life, Assassin has become a popular leader of Northern England, passing laws and edicts that are solely needed to restore peace in the war-torn kingdom. When he became King, however, his popularity took a severe decline due to the severity of the crimes he committed in order to seize the throne. Even so, this did not prevented him from mustering an army of around 10,000 loyalists during the fatal confrontation against the invading Earl of Richmond. Even today, some people highly respect and support Assassin in spite of his crimes, partly due to his both twisted and alluring competence

Weak Constitution (A+): In his youth, Assassin was plagued by a disorder in which his spine was slightly dislocated, giving him a slightly hunchbacked and uneven look that would later give rise of Shakespeare's legend of a depraved and deformed abomination

Bravery (B+): Even amongst his most bitter enemies, Assassin is seen as both a courageous man and a skilled general, with the last act of life being him leading the remains of his army in a suicidal charge that came close into killing the Earl of Richmond himself.

Noble Phantasm

• Tower of London: Fate of the Princes (Anti-Unit)(EX): Representing Assassin's greatest atrocity, in which he allegedly had his two young nephews, the elder being the heir of the throne, locked up in the ominous Tower of London before having them murdered by his men. The phantasm takes the form of a Reality Marble in the form of a towering maze that serves to trap both the opposing Servant and his or her Master. Inside the maze, they are to be stalked by two Masterless servants, one of them representing Tyrell, one of Assassin's most fanatical allies, and the other taking the form of Dighton, the former's manservant, whose purpose would be to ambush and kill the opposing Servant and Master when either or both of them are in their most vulnerable. Even if they are defeated or evaded, the two beings are only part of the Noble Phantasm's deadly magic. If trapped for a certain amount of time, the enemy Servant and Master would eventually lose first his memories, sense of self, and finally his own existence. This phantasm can only be over come if both Master and Servant escape the maze through sheer luck or the Servant having a class A+ in either Magic Resistance or Mental Fortitude. Due to the massive amount of prana consumed by the spell, it is best used only in dire situations or when Assassin is under the Caster class.
    • Bosworth Field: Last Charge of the Plantagenets(Anti-Army)(A-): A manifestation of Assassin's downfall and death, it calls forth a band of Masterless Servants in the form of his remaining retainers and knights. Assassin himself would lead them in a death-or-glory charge against the opponent. This phantasm can only be summoned if Assassin had received a near fatal amount of damage, making this phantasm a virtual suicidal attack unless certain measures are immediately met.

Lore
    Richard III, the Duke of Gloucester, is both one of the most controversial and enigmatic kings of England as well as the last monarch hailing from the Plantagenet dynasty which dated back from 1066 and the Norman Conquest. His reign of relative order in the midst of chaos was overshadowed both by his murderous rise to power and his brutal death at the hands of Henry Tudor in 1485. Born in a kingdom ruled by the kind but inept Henry VI, Richard would grow up during the early years of the War of the Roses, in which the House of York, led by his father the Duke of York, fought for control against the House of Lancaster, led by Henry's conniving wife Margaret of Anjou. After the death of his father and brother Edmund in 1460, the young Richard was forced to seek safety from abroad. Fortunately for Richard, the fortunes of war changed when his other brother Edward managed to defeat the Lancasters and crown himself Edward IV king of England in the place of Henry VI. Richard would spend his adolescence training both in war and politics, an undertaking that proved crucial when Edward's erstwhile ally, the Earl of Warwick, as well as his brother the Duke of Clarence, turned against them and forced them into exile once more. With political cunning and martial prowess, Richard managed to turn his brother the Duke of Clarence back to his side before overseeing the defeat of Warwick at Barnet and later on, the downfall of the Lancasters at Tewkesbury, firmly securing the throne of his brother, who unfortunately would spend his reign fully engrossed in wine and pleasures.

After the death of Edward IV, Richard was entrusted with the task of ensuring his brother's young son would succeed him by naming him Lord Protector. Shortly after however, Richard had both the prince and his younger brother detained in the Tower of London, claiming that the two are actually bastards produced by Edward IV's many illicit affairs, and promptly took the crown for himself as Richard III. The events of his coronation would involve both the mysterious disappearance of the young princes as well as the arrest and execution of Edward IV's supporters who opposed the new king.

With the dark shadow of his crimes haunting him, Richard nevertheless proved a good king, administering justice and punishing those who previously terrorized the common folk in the aftermath of the war. All of these however took a sudden end with the invasion of Henry Tudor, the Earl of Richmond, a distant relative of the Lancastrians who now claims the thrones for himself.

In the Battle of Bosworth Field, Richard's forces were initially successful until the armies of Lord Stanley turned against him, tipping the battle in favor of the Tudors. With all other hope gone, Richard, accompanied with a small ring of men, attempted to kill the Earl of Richmond himself. He came close, killing the Tudor standard-banner and wounding Henry's retainer before he was unhorsed, stabbed, and trampled to death. After the battle, the corpse of the last of the Plantagenets was shamefully paraded across the town of Leicester before it was hastily buried in an unmarked grave. He was the last monarch of England to die in battle.

Assassin's motive to winning the war is clear, to rule England once ore and to be remembered not as a villainous tyrant but as a stern administrator of justice. Due to his pride and conviction, he won't get along with Masters who are all talk but turn out to rival Henry VI in terms of incompetence, and would in fact dispose of them once given the chance. However, if paired with a Master that shows both conviction and skill, like a certain Tohsaka heiress or a pragamtic "Mage-Killer", he would serve him or her with loyalty to the point of showing his suicidal courage at Bosworth when all is lost.

While he is oftentimes tied to the fate of his two nephews, Assassin doesn't hold it with pride and possibly even felt a certain amount of guilt about their presumed deaths.

Last edited by Ramseph Boltstar; August 4th, 2016 at 10:11 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    is this a "noble phantasm in a box" type deal
    or do you have a servant who is going to be using said noble phantasm
    I haven't really thought about that. If I'm gonna give the NP to someone then pretty much only Theseus would qualify, but at the same time dude already has a lot of other notable things to use as NPs. In the first place it was something a friend came up with and we spent the day discussing how the fuck would it work.
    Hmm..that's a tricky one. I'll have to think about that for a little while. You could do something conceptual I suppose. (Regenerative abilities or something?) You could also do something about making copies of other Noble Phantasms if the servant can acquire a piece of them. (If he could acquire a piece of like Caliburn or something, he could recreate it using new parts, though perhaps at a lower rank. The problem with that is that like 80% of Noble Phantasms are indestructible, which makes this ability useless in most cases. Broken Phantasms are a thing, though. This phantasm would be insane with Shirou as the master, lol.) That should get you started. I'll post again if I think of anything else.
    Regeneration and summoning two ships were the easiest and lamest ones we came up with. The Shirou-like ability sounds cool but I wonder how well does it actually fit the paradox's intent. It's an interesting passive ability to think about though.

Best attempt I had was a reality marble on top of a ship where you can't die and your injuries regenerate but I dunno how to relate that to the paradox. Having discarded body parts form into a replica seems gimmicky and I'm not sure what to do with that idea.
    because a qt qurl asked you to
    fuck i think i'll have to genderbent lil' thessy now

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Orochimaru-Seems pretty cool. I do have a clarifying question, though. "In this state, Orochimaru is capable of breathing a poison in either liquid of gas state..." What does that entail? Does this mean he is resistant to the poison, or that he releases the poison himself? How do you breath liquid poison? Do you like...spit it or something? Could you clear that up for me? Other then that it seems good. Snakes are always a good time, and I like the faceclaim as well.
    For the poison breath, I envisioned it like the green dragons from D&D 5E. Basically like how dragons breathing fire but with poison and stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaChrisQ View Post
    Regeneration and summoning two ships were the easiest and lamest ones we came up with. The Shirou-like ability sounds cool but I wonder how well does it actually fit the paradox's intent. It's an interesting passive ability to think about though.

Best attempt I had was a reality marble on top of a ship where you can't die and your injuries regenerate but I dunno how to relate that to the paradox. Having discarded body parts form into a replica seems gimmicky and I'm not sure what to do with that idea.
    With the ship of Theseus it's basically every part has been replaced so is it really his ship. I'd personally make it a concept that makes it makes it difficult/impossible to deduce his identity unless he tells you.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also, It's nice to see a Richard III sheet. I was thinking about making a sheet for him but never found the motivation. I'd make a few minor tweaks myself though.

Firstly Weak Constitution sounds as if it should be replaced with Innocent Monster since it's about appearance rather than ability. Also for the Tower of London I made it for my Anne Boleyn sheet. Yours is a little stronger so I'd say A or A+ is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

damn, thought that would merge

I haven't really thought about that. If I'm gonna give the NP to someone then pretty much only Theseus would qualify, but at the same time dude already has a lot of other notable things to use as NPs. In the first place it was something a friend came up with and we spent the day discussing how the fuck would it work.

You could also do Plutarch, the guy who first came up with the paradox. Don't know how good of a HS he'd be though. (Gender bending Theseus is always a solid option too.) Anyway, regeneration is only boring if you want it to be. You could make a powerful ability to regenerate that slowly alters his personality the more he relies on it, or something. (To represent the changing nature of the ship. Then again I guess it depends how you interpret the paradox.) anyway, That seems suitably tragic for the Nasuverse. Sorry to give you yet another option to pick from . Eager to see how the sheet comes out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    For the poison breath, I envisioned it like the green dragons from D&D 5E. Basically like how dragons breathing fire but with poison and stuff.
    Ah, cool.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

If it's a NP in a box, the idea I came up with yesterday is based off this
    Will it be possible to repair the antique katana now that it's broken? <Yasunosuke>

Nasu: Even if it was reforged, the years it had accumulated before would be lost.

Takeuchi: A lot of people asked this question. Since I thought it was going to be Shiki's final weapon, too, I was pretty shocked when it broke almost as soon as it finally appeared!

Nasu: That's how ultimate weapons should be.
    So Thesus's ship would be a ship, but no matter how you mod-ed the ship would still be the same rank and have the same amount of mystery.
    At the same time, if you broke it down into spare parts and then made stuff out of the spare parts, like say inno a wooden motorcycle, it would still be recognized as Thesus's ship and have the same rank and mystery and effects.
    So essentially if you have some person who can make stuff, you have hundred's of things with thesus's ship's mystery and rank.
    At the same time if you have some person who can mod your ship with modern stuff like gps and inno it's still the same NP.

I don't think Thesus was a shipwright so it would be a bad NP for him anyway.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn't Theseus have an NP like Grendel Buster? Because he killed Asterios with his bare hands, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If it's a NP in a box, the idea I came up with yesterday is based off this

So Thesus's ship would be a ship, but no matter how you mod-ed the ship would still be the same rank and have the same amount of mystery.
    At the same time, if you broke it down into spare parts and then made stuff out of the spare parts, like say inno a wooden motorcycle, it would still be recognized as Thesus's ship and have the same rank and mystery and effects.
    So essentially if you have some person who can make stuff, you have hundred's of things with thesus's ship's mystery and rank.
    At the same time if you have some person who can mod your ship with modern stuff like gps and inno it's still the same NP.

I don't think Thesus was a shipwright so it would be a bad NP for him anyway.
    That sounds like the best idea for reasonably fitting his legend and also the sheer potential it has. You could basically create unlimited numbers of wooden swords, tools, what have you with the same rank and Mystery as the ship itself. Theseus not being a shipwright could be balanced by having his Master be some kind of master craftsman who can take advantage of such an NP.

My idea (when I was trying to come up with Theseus as Rider) was rather more prosaic. Just being able to summon two ships- the original one with all parts swapped out and the 'new' one made of the original parts. The planks and stuff from the ships could swap between one another so like, if one was damaged it could repair itself at the expense of taking off parts from the other. By getting them on either side of the opponent they could also attack by sending pieces of wood flying between ships at incredible speeds, until literally all the parts of each have been switched around. (Think the Yellow Devil boss from Megaman)

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't Theseus have an NP like Grendel Buster? Because he killed Asterios with his bare hands, I think.
    In some versions he killed Asterios by tangling one of the monster's horns in a chain, breaking it off and stabbing him with it. If you really wanted to turn that into an NP, you could have it as a special chain which turns whatever it encircles into an NP worthy weapon + can claim the weapons and NPs of others temporarily.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    nah stabbed him through the heart
    tm ace

- - - Updated - - -

but the fight itself was much more brutal than that

Background
    What the hell was I doing out here?

"Standard operating procedure" for a Caster class Servant was to establish defenses and have your enemies come to you. A Caster was most dangerous in the center of his demesne, boosted by all his stored up energy. But the first thing this one had done was toss me a hunting rifle and told me to cover his back. Why were we out patrolling every night? According to theory, not using a catalyst to summon him would mean that my Servant would have a similar personality to my own, but he was an enigma, this man. One moment he would be in a rush, barking orders and being generally curmudgeonly, the next he would be standing deathly still, as if he could divine the true nature of this city by boring into it with his stare. For a man who appeared to be in the prime of his life, he acted like someone in his eighties. Or maybe that just was how everyone from the 1800s was.

“I have another idea,” I said, “about why you were summoned.” It was less to make conversation and more to think out loud. “You Natives believed that you belong to the earth, rather than it belonging to you, as if it’s your mother.” When he didn’t correct me, I kept going. “Perhaps it was your spiritual connection to your homeland that drew you here?”

Caster turned and gazed at the skyline a few miles behind us. Even at this distance, the multicolored lights of the CN Tower could be seen against the night sky. “This place is not my home.” he growled in a tone that brooked no argument. “Even before I was born, Toronto was not a very spiritually active area, thanks to all the building going on. The power of nature that was dwindling in my time is all but gone now.” I was about to point out that any part of North America was close enough in the grand scheme of things, but Caster had stopped again, glaring daggers at a nearby park filled with pine trees. This time, he made a beeline for the park and came to a stop at the entrance.

“I think I have found an explanation.” he said. “It is because of the only Servant we have yet to identify: Berserker.” He reached out his hand and pressed it against an invisible surface. A bounded field. How could this be Berserker’s doing? Even if their Master were to set up shop here, a park in the middle of a suburb was a poor place to do it. Caster traced a symbol across the barrier, which created a hole large enough for us to walk through. It wasn’t a symbol I recognized; not something used by any Canadian tribes, at least.

As soon as we entered, two things became immediately apparent. The first was that the temperature had dropped by about thirty degrees. The second thing was the smell. It didn’t smell like a city, it was more like a bog, dank and pungent despite the cold. It smelled of blood and dead things. What sort of monster lived here?

“I was summoned because of the presence of my hated enemy.” Caster said, this time with a quiver to his voice. He drew his weapons, a hatchet and a long dagger, gleaming silver in the moonlight. “Be on your guard. Keep that rifle up and don’t waste your shots. If you lose the gun, light anything and everything you can on fire.”

A screech pierced the forest, and was soon joined by a chorus of many more. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a white blur, and suddenly a man was in front of us, doubled over and coughing up blood. He looked up and I could tell he wasn’t human; his eyes and skin were pale as a corpse. He lunged forward, but Caster caught him in the shoulder with a thrown hatchet, then dashed forward and plunged the dagger into his heart. He pulled out the hatchet and chopped the man’s head off before he hit the ground. Caster waved his hand, and the man’s pouring blood began flowing, forming a circle of more Native symbols on the ground.

“Stay in the circle!” he barked, “It will keep them at bay for a little while!” At the same time he threw three daggers into different trees and they erupted into flames. Now that the clearing was filled with light, I could see them. About ten or fifteen human figures surrounded us, all in various states of disfiguration. I immediately recognized these emaciated, ghoul-like creatures that were staring at me and Caster with hunger, hatred and inhuman intelligence. They were Wendigos, the most powerful and horrifying creature that ever existed in North America. And there was a pack of them turning Toronto into a hunting ground.

Another screech drew my attention to the tallest one and all sensation of warmth left my body. I knew that this was Berserker, the original Wendigo, summoned by a Master with more sadism than sense. The evil spirit had clearly possessed its Master, who may have once been an attractive woman, but now she stood fifteen feet tall, gaunt and skeletal with long silver hair and green eyes. A Command Seal glowed a faint red on her right hand, sustaining Berserker and herself.

Caster was unperturbed as the air got even colder, shrugging off his coat and shirt, revealing a toned body underneath. There was a silver disc that was, for lack of a better term, welded into his chest, over his heart. Unlike his tanned body, the skin under the disc was snow-white, just like the Wendigos that surrounded us. It reminded me of a certain film character that had put a machine in his chest to protect his heart.

Dear God. That’s how he survived for so long. That’s how he could fight and kill so many.

Berserker charged forward, and should have barreled right through him, but he caught her wrists in each of his hands. She had the advantage in brute strength and lightning speed, but the fire, the blood symbols and all the silver paraphernalia on Caster’s body had held her back just enough. Caster’s eyes flashed a cold blue and he let out a screech of his own as he snapped Berserker’s wrists in his hands. From there he became a whirlwind of hatchet and dagger, gouging at the giant’s body before finally lopping off her head.

I finally remembered to raise my rifle, but Caster was already among the others, hacking and ripping them to shreds as the fire and wards slowed them to a crawl. Four of them turned to flee, and I shot one in the back. Once they were out of the light of the fire, though, they sped up and vanished. It started to warm up; the bounded field must have come down. Caster was standing among the bodies, now a foot taller than he was and panting like he had just been running for miles. He shut his eyes and walked back into his warded area, chanting between breaths. He sat cross-legged for about a minute and then stood up to grab his clothes, now back at his normal height.

“The Master is dead, but the Wendigo will jump to another host.” he said raggedly, “And this time, it will be out for vengeance. We must warn the other Servants. Most likely it will try to take over one of the other teams to gain even more power.”

Shit. “Why would it call you to this time?” I asked, “Why would it arrange to have an enemy who’s so perfectly equipped to kill it?”

“The Wendigo does not want to kill me.” Caster tapped a finger to the silver seal on his chest.

“It wants to reclaim me.”

Class: Caster
    Alternate Classes: Assassin, Archer, Berserker

STR: D (A)
    END: D (B)
    AGI: D (A+)
    MGI: B
    LCK: C

Class Skills

Territory Creation (D): Can place wards over an area. While this is not as effective
    as a Workshop, it can be set up almost instantly, trading power for expediency.

Item Construction (B): Caster can create implements of mystical protection, including
    amulets, fetishes and charms. He is also skilled in forging silver weapons and bullets.

Personal Skills

Shamanism (B): Caster is a highly skilled Native American shaman and spellcaster. He was
    noted to be able to summon animals to use as familiars and cast powerful protective effects.
    He is also attuned to various nature spirits, making him a good survivalist and tracker.

Monster Slayer (B): Caster deals extra damage to anything with bestial or monstrous traits.
    His claim to fame is being one of the brave few who hunt the Wendigo, the most powerful and
    feared monsters of North America, and killing fourteen of them in his lifetime.

Equipment: Caster has numerous silvered weapons, including daggers, stakes and hatchets.
    He also has a modified Spencer .52 Repeating Rifle with a healthy stock of silver bullets.

Noble Phantasm

Wendigo Heart~Seal of Silvered Ice (B, Support)

A ritual seal that Caster created himself. Masterfully crafted from silver and engraved with
    symbols of the ancient Anasazi tribe, it seals the monster in Caster's body. Melded into the
    skin of his chest, it isolates his heart of ice from the rest of his human body. This allows
    him to exist in a dual state of being with the strengths of a Wendigo and the mind of a human.
    Partially weakening the seal grants him the inhuman STR, END and AGI of the Wendigo. It was
    these physical enhancements combined with his magical ability that allowed him to hunt and
    kill fourteen Wendigos in his lifetime. An ordinary human would be utterly defenseless against
    these horrifying creatures, so those who would hunt them were either incredibly stupid and brave,
    or were hiding an extraordinary trump card. In addition to the increase in strength, Caster also
    has a passive resistance to cold and excellent night-vision. However, he must take care not to
    stay unsealed for too long, or else the Wendigo spirit will overpower his will and fully turn
    him into the hated monster. In this state he is more like a Berserker than a Caster. The only
    thing that can reverse the transformation is a Command Seal (if his Master survives that long).

True Identity
    Jack Fiddler was the chief and shaman of the Sucker clan, one of many clans of Anishinaabe people
    in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. His name in the Oji-Cree language was Zhauwuno-geezhigo-gaubow,
    but he was named Jack Fiddler by traders from the Hudson Bay Company due to his ability to fiddle
    and build quality instruments. He lived a hard but peaceful life on the Canadian frontier, having
    an amicable relationship with the British settlers and fur traders. Like his father before him, he
    was skilled in spellcasting, and was taught how to defend his people from all manner of dangers.
    The worst of these was the Wendigo, an extremely powerful and violent spirit who possessed those
    who committed the act of cannibalism, morphing them into monsters. When he was in his 30s, he went
    on a trading expedition with his brother, Peter Flett, and they became trapped by winter storm and
    quickly ran out of food. The spirit of the Wendigo took the opportunity to turn the two men. Jack,
    however, felt his heart freezing and quickly carved the symbols of the ancient Anasazi tribe into
    his chest, holding back the corruption. His brother, however, succumbed to the Wendigo curse and
    Jack was forced to kill him.

Upon returning home, he forged a seal out of silver to keep his human consciousness intact. This
    was a huge gamble, since before this point, the curse of the Wendigo was thought to be incurable.
    Before European settlers arrived and started mining, silver was virtually non-existent in North
    America. With plenty of silver unearthed in Ontario and British Columbia, Native American shamans
    now had the ability to combat the Wendigo, and many, including Jack's father, became hunters of the
    most dangerous predator on the continent.

Now armed with the strength and speed of the Wendigo, Jack Fiddler became a "hunter of his own kind",
    and killed fourteen Wendigos in the next fifty years. He became quite famous and powerful, and by the
    1900s, the Sucker clan were the only clan left living without the Canadian government restricting their
    legal and religious affairs. In a political move to assert their law, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
    went to the Sucker camp and arrested Jack and his brother Joseph for the murder of a young girl who had
    turned into a Wendigo and had to be euthanized. Seeing the story of the Wendigo as a primitive explanation
    for mental illness, newspapers across Canada printed sensationalist headlines about murder and devil-worship.

Seeing the trial as a foregone conclusion and fearing that the Wendigo within him would break free and
    ravage the city of Norway House, Manitoba, where he was being held, Jack used his superior speed to escape
    from prison and hung himself from a tree. His brother Joseph was convicted and sentenced to death, so Jack's
    son Robert became chief of the Sucker clan. With no prominent leaders left, the Suckers and the neighboring
    clans had no choice but to accept Canadian rule.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; August 1st, 2016 at 10:32 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

This is sorta off topic, but how do you guys figure out which people you want to use as heroic spirits? Not the phantasms or the stats or anything, literally just figuring out who works as heroic spirit? Is there some sort of "technique" beyond just surfing the web and reading history/myths? I'm working on compiling a list, but having a rather hard time of it.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Actually having spent years studying British literature and Japanese history and drawing from that education since its useless otherwise.