Page 26 of 858 FirstFirst ... 16212425262728313676126526 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Truly, you are somebody who cares deeply for politeness!
    I'd be the first to tell you, on here, that I'm an asshole.

On the internet, everyone is an asshole.

But, you're welcome.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Well, that depends on how you've configured your forum settings.
    Hmm. Well as I have it (which I presume is the default since I never bothered to set it) the topic was last discussed three pages back, which is hardly that long ago but still longer then you usually see topics being brought back.

Blog Entries
    Hmm. Well as I have it (which I presume is the default since I never bothered to set it) the topic was last discussed three pages back, which is hardly that long ago but still longer then you usually see topics being brought back.
    And if you want to gauge how long ago something was discussed just look at the post dates.

In this case, not very.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    And if you want to gauge how long ago something was discussed just look at the post dates.

In this case, not very.
    Hmm. Fair enough.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    It's okay. I'm sure the people I was addressing don't mind.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post

Class: Saber (Can also be summoned as Berserker and Rider)
    True Name: Dietrich von Bern
    But that's Lancelot...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As for Dietrich himself... He's good. Definitely an archetypal Saber, with high stats, powerful Skills and Noble Phantasms. I'd say the two swords for his NPs are enough, combined with a third that lets him claim enemy weapons as his own.

There seems to be a typo (or incomplete sentence) in his first NP with "A fine weapon, forged by phantasmal beings and shining with gleaming" where the sentence just kind of stops without any grammatical ending.

His second NP is rather interesting, though I had to reread the description a couple times to get a feel for what it meant. So, anybody who touches any part of the sword gets cut, even an otherwise blunt part like the sides? The razor wind aspect reminds me of what ZSB (who hasn't been on here in ages, wonder what he's been up to?) used for his own Dietrich profile.

The third NP reminds me a little of Benkei's Eighth Implement from the original Apocrypha draft (back when it was still planned to be an online game rather then an LN), though more powerful since he can keep the weapons permanently and utilize their full power as Noble Phantasms.

Your take on his personality sounds very interesting. I particularly got a kick out of the 'reverse tsundere' mention and to calling Altera 'Sempai'. (I imagine him saying that while trying his best to keep his usual grim-faced warrior expression but blushing awkwardly despite himself)
    Fixed the grammatical error.

You're right about the second noble phantasm with how it works.

For the last Noble Phantasm, I was thinking of a half-way point between Eighth Implement and Knight of Honour.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    If you're going to do a Dietrich sheet why not list everyone affiliated by their Nibelungenlied equivalents? In this case, Attila would be Etzel. Hillebrand would be Hildebrand. Dunno, just seems weird to me. Furthermore, his true name, if you want to match the whole Attila/Etzel thing, is Theoderic the Great. Dietrich, his Germanic mythological rendition, is basically the German King Arthur. Of course this is one of those cases of "the myth overshadows/outlives the truth" or however you want to say it, but... uh...

There's also the matter of Dietrich vs Siegfried. Kriemhild stopped the fight. In each version of the tale this is the outcome: Dietrich always win while Siegfried is only saved by the intervention of his lover, for some reason. Which is kinda funny, when you think about it.

There are some other minor things, like misspelling of "Burgundians" (not Burgandians) and hm... Ah, I'm sure you're already aware of all this, etc. and I'm just nitpicking. Don't mind me...
    I was tempted to name everyone y their Nibelugend equivalents but Dietrich has his own legends separate to his historical counterpart while Attila is already named thus in the nasuverse to it just seemed more consistent to me as it fitted the nasuverse's more fantastical themes more. I'll add in Theoderic around there just for reference though around the true name section so thanks for pointing it out. I do agree with the "Myth overshadowing the truth aspect" which is what I was aiming for.

Thanks for pointing out the Dietrich and Siegfried fight, seems i got my facts mixed up there. Fixed. As for misspellings, I went over it again and i'm pretty sure I got them all now. I may not have noticed these things without nitpicking so thanks.

Damn, thought that would merge.

Class: Caster

STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MGI: A
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Territory Creation (B): Capable of constructing a Workshop. Rather than a great temple,
    Caster's territory is more analogous to a laboratory, fueled by athanors or prana furnaces.

Item Construction (EX): Caster is renowned for her contributions to alchemy, and is credited
    for the invention of many types of laboratory equipment. More magical inventions include an
    ink that can only be read at night, a substance that makes objects resistant to fire and rust,
    and an al-iksir, known better in Europe as a Philosopher's Stone. Manipulation of the elements
    gives her the ability to create artificial spirits, golems and homunculi.

Personal Skills

Expert of Many Specializations (A): Caster has extensive education and training in chemistry,
    alchemy, astronomy, astrology, engineering, geography, philosophy, physics and pharmacology.
    Her inspiration is drawn from the great thinkers of antiquity from Greece, Egypt and Persia.
    Skills related to these fields can be used with rank B proficiency.

Elemental (A): Caster is skilled in the manipulation of the four Aristotelian elements, and
    used this expertise as the foundation for her study of metallurgy and chemistry, enhancing
    her alchemical abilities. By using a Philosopher's Stone to provide energy to overcome the
    Law of Equivalent Exchange, she can manipulate the elementary qualities in every substance
    to freely transmute any matter.

High-Speed Incantation (B): Caster's vast intelligence and mental processing ability gives
    her the capacity to recite spells at high speeds. Magic below the level of High Thaumaturgy
    can be cast as a single action.

Noble Phantasms

Jabirian Corpus~Treatises of Geber (B+, Magecraft)

A tome containing Caster's nearly three thousand writings that she made in life. Though it takes the
    form of a small, ornate book, it is in fact a repository of all of Caster's writings, each which when
    selected generates an illusory copy of the individual book that floats in front of Caster. Multiple
    tomes can be called forth to float around Caster, appearing like holographic screens surrounding her.
    The scope of the Corpus is vast, containing works pertaining to music, cosmology, medicine, biology,
    chemical technology, metaphysics, astrological predictions, and magecraft. There are also several
    volumes on the myths, legends and histories of the Western and Arabic world, making identifying Servants
    from these regions who lived before Caster's time much easier. The texts on alchemy and magecraft are the
    centerpieces of the Corpus, providing recipes for many compounds and objects, including a Philosopher's
    Stone. As a passive effect, the book(s) are surrounded by a small bounded field that makes it impossible
    for others beside Caster to read or understand it when read aloud; this is based on Caster's penchant
    for using incomprehensible technical jargon and writing in code. This practice was combined with her
    moniker "Geber" to derive the word "gibberish".

Takwin~Artificial Intelligence (A+, Magecraft)

The ultimate goal of any self-respecting Muslim alchemist is the creation of synthetic life. Contained
    within her Corpus, this volume stands out as a separate Noble Phantasm containing the "recipe" for a
    synthetic lifeform. Since the creation of golems or homunculi are common knowledge to many a mage, the
    book instead contains the code for the intelligence that inhabits the artificial body. In modern terms,
    it gives Caster the ability to create an artificial intelligence whose existence may even suprass her
    own. The act of takwin is emulation of the divine creative and life-giving powers of Genesis, and at the
    same time inwardly transforms and purifies the alchemist. Therefore, rather than an alchemist who is known
    for creating an unstoppable golem, Caster can create an A.I. that can adapt to any body created for it.
    There are two ways it can be used; serving as a the central control for an army of golems, giving the
    appearance of a networked hivemind, or serving as a single elite soldier that inhabits a single powerful
    body. The intelligence is capable of learning and evolving, so given enough time it may surpass Caster.

Background
    Jabir ibn Hayyan, known in Europe as "Geber", was a prominent Muslim polymath known as the "father" of
    chemisty and alchemy. Her works were translated into Latin and became the standard texts of European
    alchemists of the Middle Ages and later. She was born in Tus, Persia, and then moved to Kufa in present
    day Iraq, where she became the student of the great Inam Jafar al-Sadiq, and later practiced medicine
    under the patronage of one of the Viziers of Harun al-Rashid.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; September 11th, 2016 at 05:48 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Oh hey, I recognize the artist for that FC. Browsed his(?) stuff on Deviantart a while back. Don't see Islamic stuff mixed with an anime aesthetic too often.

Too bad I couldn't read the profile itself, though. It was all just gibberish.

...Lame jokes aside, it's nice seeing some more diverse and obscure heroes around. If anything, I'd say she's a bit overpowered for someone of relative obscurity, though I suppose that could be justified if she really was the "father of chemistry and alchemy" as you say.

In any case, I'd suggest lowering either High-Speed Incantation or Expert Of Many Specializations by one rank. As it is, she sounds almost a match for AoG Casters like Medea when she really should be recognizably lower given her comparative recentness and lack of renown (though not saying she shouldn't pose a threat of course).

That aside, I liked the sheet and especially the artificial intelligence NP, which reminds me a bit of one I gave Alan Turing. I could imagine in a Grail War, she herself would be killed about midway through and the intelligence she'd created would end up taking her place as a Caster Class Servant. Imitations superseding originals, and all that. I imagine it'd also be female and have a 'little sister' like personality, but that's just my own imagination getting carried away with me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean, this guy is basically canon to Nasuverse, right?

True Name:
    Abdul Alhazred, the Mad Arab
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: Chaotic Mad
    Attribute: Man

Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Mana: A
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Class Skills:
    Item Construction: A-
    Caster is capable of crafting amulets and brewing potions that confer all sorts of boons. However, because of the nature of his magic, they invariably have negative mental effects on those who use them.

Territory Creation: A
    Creation of a Temple (with very bizarre architecture) becomes possible.

Personal Skills:
    High-Speed Incantation​: B+
    Both the speed at which spells are recited and the speed at which texts are written is increased.

Mental Pollution: E~A
    Although initially Caster's insanity manifests as little more than megalomania, continued use of magecraft or of his Noble Phantasms causes him to grow more and more detached from reality.

Tainted Magecraft

Due to the way he attained power, Caster's magecraft has been "tainted" by terrible powers. The spells he casts are much more potent than normal, but are more unstable and prone to backfiring. In addition, as noted above, whenever he casts a spell, he suffers mental damage, and threatens raising his Mental Pollution rank. Effectively, he expends Sanity to empower his spells.

Noble Phantasms
    Al Azif
    Book of Dead Names
    - Support, Rank EX

The tome for which Abdul Alhazred is remembered, it is more widely known as Necronomicon, the name of the Greek translation by Theodorus Philetas. It has a rather ordinary appearance that does not hint at its dark nature. Written during his final years, within its pages is contained all the knowledge Caster was granted by the foul things he discovered during his quest for power.

While using this Noble Phantasm, Caster's spells have no mana cost; in exchange, the mental damage he suffers is greatly increased. Although simple spells require no more than a few words to cast, the more powerful and complex ones need material special reagents, symbols, chanting, and even sacrifices.

In addition to thousands of "normal" spells, similar to those used by modern mages, the Necronomicon also contains more exotic "magecraft" that cannot be accessed any other way. Many pages of the text are dedicated to summoning spells that bring out alien horrors to serve Caster; some of these are described as alien races, while others are said to be dark, ineffable deities from other worlds. Summoning the more powerful of these creatures requires rituals so complex that they would take weeks if not months to complete, but possess such devastating power that the Grail War would become insignificant, as the entire world would be threatened.

Anyone, magus or not, can use the spells and rituals contained within the Necronomicon. Throughout the centuries, both the Mages' Association and the Holy Church sought to destroy all traces of it; because of that, few copies of the text exist nowadays, and are usually kept an utmost secret by their owners.

Lore
    Spoiler:
    Known as the "Mad Arab", Abdul Alhazred was a poet and magus born in Yemen, in the late 7th century. Born into a wealthy family, but being a mediocre mage at best, he left his home in a journey for power that lasted decades, visiting Babylon, Memphis and other ancient places. But it was in the desert of the Rub' al Khali ("Empty Quarter"), that he found what he sought, in ancient ruins left behind by some eldritch, inhuman race that served creatures of power beyond understanding.

After nearly a decade alone studying the place, he uncovered its secrets, and was able to contact the powers the creatures served. Having no idea of the forces he was dealing with, Alhazred struck a pact with the aberrations, offering his devotion in exchange of knowledge and power. He became an A-grade magus, but from that day on, he began his descent into madness. First nightmares, then voices on his head, then shades on the corners of his vision. Ultimately, he was rendered a powerless fool by his madness, enslaved by his mysterious patrons from beyond. His last years were spent in Damascus, where he compiled all that he had "learned" from his masters. Not long after the book was completed, he suffered a gruesome death, devoured in broad daylight, in the middle of a large crowd, by some invisible monstrosity.

As a Servant, Abdul Alhazred will initially be merely another power-hungry mage, seeking the Grail to increase his own abilities. Knowing his class to be very weak, he'll play carefully, avoiding direct confrontation and trying to not attract any attention. As the war progresses, however, he'll become more and more erratic and zealous, potentially kidnapping people for ritual sacrifices and summoning horrors to combat enemy Servants. Ultimately, his wish will shift to something that furthers the plots of his dark masters, perhaps even attempting to use the Grail to summon one of them into the world. In either case, his loyalty to his master is virtually nonexistant, and it is very likely that he'll try to turn them into a harmless "anchor" as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; September 11th, 2016 at 04:33 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Genderswapping for the sole reason of that I've been wanting to use this FC for a while. Admittedly taking a few ques of Li Shuwen here but it's something different from what I usually do.

Source (X)
    Class:
    Assassin (Alternatively Striker)
    Name: Nai Khanomtom
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Thailand
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human
    Armament:
    None

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: C++
    MGI: D
    LCK: B
    NP: C

Height/Weight: 156cm/54kg
    Dislikes: Nothing particularly
    Talent: "Ultra Combo"
    Natural Enemy: King Hsinbyushin

Class Skills:

• Presence Concealment (E-) - The Servant cannot actually conceal their presence, but can instead blend their presence within a crowed making them difficult to sense and ensuring they cannot be easily located should their presence be discovered.​
      However, her primary method of attack relies upon her foes being able to see her so it can be considered she fundamentally fails as an Assassin class servant.

Personal Skills:
    • Art of Eight Limbs (A++) - Representing the skill and knowledge of the combat sport of Thailand otherwise known as "Muai Thai" characterised by the combined use of fists, elbows, knees and shins, being associated with a good physical preparation that makes a full-contact fighter very efficient. Just like the Chinese Martial Arts skill only at A-rank can someone truly say they have "Learned it". Assassin was the most famous practitioner of the art and true champion.
    • Dance Performance (B) - A skill that allows one to entrance others. It is a form of hypnosis through movement causing the target to lose the power of voluntary action, making them highly responsive to suggestion or direction. At this rank it can be likened to a magecraft that targets the mind in terms of effectiveness.
    • Relentless (C) - A skill reserved for those who fought on for long periods of time. The longer Assassin fights without stopping or resting, her parameters will slowly increase over time, allowing them to rank up once should the battle be long enough. When combat ends, her parameters will return to their base level.

Noble Phantasms

Dance of Wai Kru Roar of the Earth (Anti-Unit) (-) - One of the secret techniques of Nai Khanomtom, proof of her battle prowess and one the pinnacle attacks of Muai Thai. Designed to brutalise the opponents and end them in an instant, she rushes towards her opponent and delivers a devastating barrage of consecutive attacks to weakened, vulnerable areas and pressure points. The combination string gives of the visuals of a predator mauling its victim to death and each attack can be likened to the primal energy of a lion. Incidentally, during this attack, Assassin will howl loudly only making this killing technique "stealthy" if they are alone.

Poison Hand Venomous Blessings (Anti-Unit) (C) -
    A secret killing technique used by Nai Khanomtom manifesting as a Noble Phantasm. It was said that every part of her body was blessed with venom, which is true in a sense. Her body can secrete a poison of varying potencies, the weakest will cripple the constitution of those who are in contact with it over a period of time - slowly wearing away their health into nothing while at its highest strength, it can melt away at physical objects, allowing her to destroy both organic and artificial substances. Through convoluted movements, she can even propel the poison in both forms from her body in the form of projectiles.

Assassin is capable of both activating and deactivating this Noble Phantasm without even invoking its name which actually contributes towards stealth attacks. Assassin prefers to not use this technique if possible as it ruins any prospect of a fair fight, however she will not hesitate to utilise it if her opponent has used underhanded or deceitful methods.

Lore

At the time of the fall of the Siamese capital of Ayutthaya Kingdom in 1767, the invading Burmese rounded up prisoners. Among them were a large number of Thai boxers, who were taken to the city of Ava where King Hsinbyushin resided. The king organised a seven day and night festival and on one day, wanted to see how martial arts from different nations compared.

Nai Khanomtom was selected as the Burmese champion and performed a traditional Wai Kru pre-fight dance, to pay respect to his teachers and ancestors, this amazed his opponent so when the fight began, Nai Khanomtom unleashed a barrage of attacks with no resistance. Upon declaring the victory invalidated due to distraction via the dance she fought nine opponents straight after each other with no rest with the last victory so brutal no one else sought a challenge. She used this to win the freedom of her fellow prisoners.

Assassin prefers the simple life and if summoned will do anything… but contribute for the most part, preferring to sit around all day, fish, watch tv and relax. However if deemed necessary, she will fight her opponents in a fair duel and use all her fighting prowess to destroy her opponent as quickly and brutally as possible. Then go back to doing nothing.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; November 7th, 2016 at 06:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    So, I take it this chick is why you mentioned Muai Thai as a source for Servant ideas sometime on the last page or so? Is the FC somebody from Street Fighter? In any case, certainly fitting.

Interesting to see a martial artist based Servant around here, like Shuwen but quite a bit different. Skills are well chosen and I particularly like the imagery of her first NP. Her second reminds me a lot of Serenity's but a lot less debilitating since she can actually turn it on and off.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder how she'd interact with my Bruce Lee or Zhang Fei Servants since the former is a fellow martial artist and the latter strikes me as having a somewhat similar personality (not to mention venom motifs).

Blog Entries
    Servant Caster:

True Name: Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius

Alignment: Neutral Good

Alternate Class: Ruler

Strength- D
    Agility- E
    Endurance- D+
    Mana- B
    Luck- D
    NP- A

Appearance:

(Him on the left, Philosophy on the right)

Personality: Calm, tranquil and sagely. Caster recognizes the fleeting nature of fortune which can give a man everything and then take it away, but insists that the treasures of mind and spirit are things which cannot be taken away no matter what. As a noble from birth, Caster is greatly comfortable around wealth but at the same time knows not to put his faith in material things- which will by nature fade. Stoic and steadfast, Caster's disposition is to brave all hardships with an accepting, even happy expression.

In his mind, happiness is in one's reaction to fortunes. The world cannot grant "happiness" nor can it take it away. Rather, by by contemplating what is highest in life the mind creates its own "happiness". Thus, Caster is sure to find the best and endure through nearly any predicament. He is also a man of unshakable personal honor, never giving in to temptation or doing anything that lies against his scruples, no matter the consequence to himself. Even if he were to meet his end that way, he surely wouldn't regret.

Holds great affections for the wisdom goddess- Sophia. Rather then simply an impersonal admiration, the goddess herself tutored him as a youth, wiped his tears when he was sad and comforted him when he was lonely. He certainly respects her more then any other, and indeed their relationship is akin to that of "parent and child".

Dislikes: wrongful accusations, turbulence of fate
    Talents: math, science, philosophy, poetry
    Natural Enemy: Theodoric The Great

Class Skills:

Territory Creation (B)- Enables creation of a 'Royal Library' that acts as a suppository of knowledge, such as those which Caster frequented in life. However, since Caster was not a sorcerer in life, its overall mystical attributes are rather low.

Item Construction (D)- Can craft only minor tools and artifacts, such as a sundial or water clock. Caster can also produce 'Treatises' and books on a variety of subjects, but these are not magical artifacts.

Personal Skills:

Affections Of Philosophy (EX)- Affections from Lady Philosophy. When Caster is experiencing sorrow or doubts, Philosophy's presence will instantly wash over him to cleanse said maladies. While believed by Caster to be divine favor, this Skill is really an embodiment of his own stoical mentality which perseveres under hardship.

Last Roman (C)- A title for one considered an exemplar of Roman values after the decline of the Empire. A composite Skill combining the effects of Military Tactics, Bravery and Battle Continuation at one rank lower. In ancient Rome, chief virtues included martial valor, personal bravery and stoical resilience in face of hardship.

Discernment Of The Poor (B)- An aptitude for discerning the true character of others. At this rank, Caster can see through to a person's motives more often then not, and is highly difficult to deceive through words. Having lived through the greatest and worst of fortunes, Caster is someone naturally suited to assessing the worth of material things and the nature of people's fleeting ambitions.

Noble Phantasms:

Pallium Sophia
    - Cloak Of Lady Philosophy (A, Support): When Caster was at his lowest moment- imprisoned and facing imminent execution under false charges- it was Lady Philosophy that appeared to wipe away his tears with her cloak. With gentle words, Philosophy reassured her pupil that, while callous fortune may have been stolen away from him earthly pleasures, the greatest good- that of the mind- was still as open to him as ever.

That event crystallizes into Caster's most treasured Noble Phantasm. The cloak of Philosophy, given to him in his time of crisis. A magical green robe, woven of an imperishable material by the Lady herself and coated with the dust of long neglect. It is noticably frayed along the edges, symbolizing all the 'barbarians' who sought to claim Philosophy's wisdom for themselves without truly understanding it. Despite its downtrodden appearance, the cloak shines with a truly divine aura, making any who look upon it think of purity, serenity and wisdom. The Greek letter Pi is written on the hem, while the letter Theta is depicted on the gown's top. Between these letters is a ladder of steps running from bottom to top.

Simply having it over his body grants Caster Magic Resistance at rank C due to divine protection from Lady Philosophy. However, its true power is as a catalyst to summon Philosophy. By throwing it to the ground and invoking the garment's True Name, a glowing green magic circle appears on the ground covered in arcane mathematical formulae, from which Philosophy herself materializes in a shimmer of green light. A tall, attractive green-haired women of inscrutable age, with a regal scepter in one hand and a pile of scholarly tomes in the other. An ersatz Divine Spirit given shape by Caster's own belief in her, possessing the Skills Divinity, Territory Creation, Item Construction and High-Speed Divine Words all at rank A.

Though Boethius himself was scarcely a Magus in life, it is the association with Lady Philosophy that allows him to be summoned for the Caster Class. A prodigous spellcaster, relied on by Caster for nearly all of his magical feats. Her magical elements are 'air' and 'heaven' (utilizing wind and light-based attacks) while her spells tend to draw upon mathematical and philosophical imagery.

Philosophy is no mere familiar but an autonomous being with her own will and desires. Intelligent, fierce and strict in personality, but also compassionate and deeply caring to those that seek her out. Her relationship towards Caster is a maternal one, viewing him as a 'child' to educate and dote upon. Though she really wants to shelter Caster from the world, her intellectual side recognizes that such a thing would go against his development as a human being, so Philosophy reluctantly reins in her more overbearingly maternal instincts.

Because of their deep bond, maintaining a Divine Spirit of Philosophy's stature demands surprisingly little Mana from Caster. Up to four hours is the length of time Caster can safely sustain her in the world before needing to call her back into the Cloak.

Gladius Fortuna
    - Fortune That Giveth And Taketh (C, Anti-Fortune): The opposite concept to 'Pallium Sophia'. A Noble Phantasm representing the fickle hand of Fortune which can raise up the poor to affluence and cast down the wealthy to ruin. From a noble family, Caster rose into the patronage of Theodoric the Great, then achieved the title Magister Officorium to manage all the government and court services before being brought down by treachery, jailed and summarily executed without trial. Fortune, which had favored the statesman for so long, became the very dagger which pierced his heart.

This Noble Phantasm crystallizes into a ceremonial Roman shortsword. The handguard is styled to resemble a spoked wheel, with the image of a blindfolded women at the center. This symbolizes Fortune, which was likened to a wheel in Caster's time.

This sword carries with it the concept of 'reversal of fortune', more specifically a turn from wealth to ruin such that struck Caster himself. Anyone cut by it will experience a 'curse of misfortune' proportionate to their original good luck. The higher the target's Luck stat, the more potent its effects. Those with high Luck will face a disaster of equal weight to the fortunes they'd enjoyed before, while one whose Luck was poor to start will be afflicted with only some minor misfortune.

The curse of this Noble Phantasm is a far-reaching one, and there is no time-limit or restraint on when, where or what form the 'misfortune' takes, only that for it be proportionate to the target's original Luck and occur within the timeframe of the current Holy Grail War. It could be a decisive injury in the middle of battle, loss of one's Master for a Servant, vice-versa or even something unrelated to the Grail War altogether such as monetary catastrophe.

Though powerful, because of its abstract and far-reaching nature, this Noble Phantasm is often of little direct use in combat. There is no guarantee the 'curse' will come in a way beneficial to Caster, or even while he's still alive. A dreadful yet exceptionally unreliable Noble Phantasm, just like Fortune herself.

Also, since Caster himself experienced the worst side of Fortune in life, he is reluctant to utilize this Noble Phantasm due to the bitter regrets it carries.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is the Servant related to Theodoric the Great I'd been blabbering about before. Took me a few days to finish him up so I hope he's good quality. I'd been wanting to do a Boethius sheet for a while but couldn't think of any fitting NPs until now. When I came up with the basic idea behind him, the FC pretty much chose itself.

As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms! Thanks.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I mean, this guy is basically canon to Nasuverse, right?
    Very interesting! I quite liked this sheet. I would only suggest one change: Mental Pollution E+++ seems a bit too high. I'd suggest keeping it at E+ "only", or even only E, since Tainted Magic's description already says it will increase his Mental Pollution Rank.

Blog Entries
    Any commentary on Boethius? I think he's one of my more interesting ones...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Very interesting! I quite liked this sheet. I would only suggest one change: Mental Pollution E+++ seems a bit too high. I'd suggest keeping it at E+ "only", or even only E, since Tainted Magic's description already says it will increase his Mental Pollution Rank.
    Swapped it to E~A. I guess that represents the maximum cap?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Swapped it to E~A. I guess that represents the maximum cap?
    Looks pretty good to me. I was never expecting to see a sheet of that guy myself and I must say I'm impressed. I may try someone like Lovecraft himself or something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Boethius...

Endurance is far to high. Geronimo was a melee caster who had it at D and Babbage had his mech suit. Additionally he was a senator and consul - not even a warrior in life. It should be no higher than D

First NP - Don't get why he gets Magic Resistance from it, you should give a reason. Its basis is to basically summon a far better caster than him which basically makes him kinda irrelevant in the scheme of things so I would have just made a sheet about her personally.

The second NP -It makes luck people unlucky, don't think its B rank worthy. Make it equal to Rule Breaker at C

- - - Updated - - -

So, I take it this chick is why you mentioned Muai Thai as a source for Servant ideas sometime on the last page or so? Is the FC somebody from Street Fighter? In any case, certainly fitting.
    She's from RWBY, but I nearly went for a Sagat FC

Interesting to see a martial artist based Servant around here, like Shuwen but quite a bit different. Skills are well chosen and I particularly like the imagery of her first NP. Her second reminds me a lot of Serenity's but a lot less debilitating since she can actually turn it on and off.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder how she'd interact with my Bruce Lee or Zhang Fei Servants since the former is a fellow martial artist and the latter strikes me as having a somewhat similar personality (not to mention venom motifs).
    She prefers the simple life and would rather chill by herself but would enjoy a decent fight.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; September 11th, 2016 at 05:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    As for Boethius...

Endurance is far to high. Geronimo was a melee caster who had it at D and Babbage had his mech suit. Additionally he was a senator and consul - not even a warrior in life. It should be no higher than D

First NP - Don't get why he gets Magic Resistance from it, you should give a reason. Its basis is to basically summon a far better caster than him which basically makes him kinda irrelevant in the scheme of things so I would have just made a sheet about her personally.

The second NP -It makes luck people unlucky, don't think its B rank worthy. Make it equal to Rule Breaker at C
    Thanks for the feedback. Regarding Endurance, I intended that to reflect his stoical philosophy of enduring hardship but you're right, it's still too high (especially with powerhouse Casters like Geronimo and Babbage as precedent). I'll lower it to D+ after posting this.

The Magic Resistance from Pallium Sophia is pretty much a generic 'divine protection' sort of deal, just because I wanted to have the cloak itself do something other then just summon Philosophy. As for why I didn't do a sheet just of her... she's a Divine Spirit, technically couldn't be summoned at all normally (though I've bent that rule myself more then once...) and in any case, Boethius was more interesting.

I'll probably lower the second NP to C as you've said. I thought B was justified since it had a strong concept behind it, but so did Rule Breaker as you pointed out and it was only C.

A little surprised you didn't comment on the FC, since you yourself used a Lelouch FC for one of your own Servants a while back. (King Henry, was it?)

She's from RWBY, but I nearly went for a Sagat FC.
    From Rwby, huh? As a fan of that series, I didn't recognize her at all. I presume she's one of the minor characters that showed up during the tournament in Season 3...

Shielders have MR and Riding; is Self-Field Defense also a class skill or is that just something Mash has?
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made