Page 284 of 858 FirstFirst ... 184234274279282283284285286289294334384784 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Berserker:

True Name: Cain 'The First Murderer'

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Alternate Classes: Lancer, Caster, Assassin

Strength- C
    Agility- D-
    Endurance- A
    Mana- A
    Luck- E-
    NP- EX

Appearance:

(Guy on the left)

Personality: Impulsive, sadistic and cruel. While Cain's true self is a man tormented by guilt from his impulsive act of murder, this incarnation of him is merely a bloodthirsty brute with few redeeming qualities. Though capable of some speech and reasoning, Berserker's mind is largely unable to focus on any topic except murder for more then a few minutes at a time. As such, mutual dialogue with this particular Servant is just short of impossible unless one happens to share his macabre "proclivities".
    In combat, he becomes an unfeeling destroyer willing to go to any lengths to bring about his
    victim
    opponent's
    demise. However, Berserker does not discriminate between killing in battle or otherwise and will happily spend the entire Grail War feasting on the souls of random civilians unless restrained by a Command Seal.

Even though nearly all of his human nature has been scattered, some faint glimmer of Berserker's true self still remains. He can only cry out the name "Abel...!" in a voice interweaving both unspeakable bloodlust as well as crushing regrets and sorrow...

He holds no particular wish on the Holy Grail, merely accepting summons for the chance to participate in the grandest bloodbath of all time.

Likes: killing, seeing the look of fear on his victim's face, ...Abel?
    Dislikes: punishment for his actions, God, Abel
    Talent: devising new methods of murder
    Natural Enemy: Abel, his true self

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement- C+
    A Skill sacrificing sanity in exchange for raw power. All parameters save Luck and Mana are treated as rank-up, but most of one's human nature is scattered. Though still capable of speech and even rudimentary tactics, the Servant is largely unable to express any emotions other than bloodthirsty rage.

Not a reflection of the man's true character, but a distortion wrought by the horrific reputation accumulated over the course of his life and hereafter. Thusly, Berserker's mind is permanently frozen as it was in his impulsive killing of Abel- showing few traces of the grief and guilt that burdened his later self.

Seeing somebody who reminds him of his sister Abel, Berserker's rage spikes- leading him to rampage uncontrollably until the target is slain.

Personal Skills:

Implacable- A+++
    A Skill displaying the terrifying tenacity of a killer. Comprises Battle Continuation and Single-Mindedness at comparable ranks, encompassing both the nigh-supernatural persistence of one who knows not when to give up and the obsessive drive to stalk one's victims across any distance or terrain.

Rather than being born from any feat he performed in life, this Skill is a crystallization of Berserker's existence and reputation as the "perfect murderer"- one whose legend is synonymous with the bloodstained act itself. It also grants him a significant likeness to the archetypal "slasher villains" popularized in modern horror films.
    Perhaps for those reasons or a perceived resemblance to his
    hated
    beloved
    sister, plus corrections are applied in the case where the pursued target is blonde, female or virginal.

Glories Of The Past- B
    The memories of Berserker's brightest days, frolicking peacefully alongside his sister Abel. These visions do not soften his madness but actually accelerate it, for the remembrance of past happiness only serves to inflame his present murderous rage. Sparse fragments of his past- Abel's beatifically smiling face, an idyllic garden drenched in blood- flash randomly before Berserker's eyes, leading him to lash out with the fury of a wounded beast. When this Skill activates, Berserker obtains a temporary boost in Strength and a resistence to mental interference, but the constant sorrow and anger renders his spiritual core highly unstable.

Though Berserker in this state is unable to comprehend or express the sadness he feels, some part of him still yearns for the warmth of his beloved sister's embrace.

Aptitude For Slaughter (All)- A+++
    A Skill qualifying one's aptitude for killing, expressed through various means. In this case, it conceptualizes Berserker's supreme authority as mankind's first murderer. Due to the principle by which originals exceed imitations, Assassin boasts uncontested mastery over all forms and methods of bloodshed.

Berserker's proficiency for murder is unconstrained by any particular weapon, tool or technique. Any object in his hands that can be even remotely conceptualized as a "murder weapon" is automatically reshaped into its ideal form for killing. Pens, umbrellas, kitchen utensils, lawnmower blades and even pieces of scenery; all become deadly weapons made to claim the lives of human beings in Berserker's hands. While such tools remain below the level of true Noble Phantasms, differing from the similar ability possessed by a certain Knight Of The Round Table, they receive a potent Anti-Human attribute which greatly increases damage dealt.

This Anti-Human attribute is also applied even when Berserker fights barehanded. As the first murderer, the mark of killing is engraved even into his very flesh.

As Berserker, this Skill has been sublimated to its furthest possible extreme to be able to bring forth an unending array of gory deaths through just about any means imaginable. Such a debauched creativity from the pioneer of murder would surely make even the most diabolical of slasher villains blush.

Eternal Wanderer- A
    Nature of one cursed to forever wander the earth. A composite including Independent Action and Nature Of A Rebellious Spirit at the same rank, while also imposing a curse of famine upon Berserker's surroundings. His very presence depletes magical energy from the natural world. Plantlife withers to nothing around him and the soil beneath his feet becomes dry and barren, incapable of bearing life.

For the horrendous act of slaying his own sister, Berserker was doomed by God to travel the earth as a fugitive and vagabond with no rightful dwelling to call his own. The very earth which opened its maw to accept his sister's blood then forever after refused to yield to his labor, a perpetual reminder of his sin- at least, if he had the presence of mind to understand it.

Noble Phantasms:

Resith Ra'tsach- Oh Eden, Be Stained Crimson
    (A, Anti-Unit): A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the most infamous and defining deed in Berserker's legend- the jealousy-driven slaying of his younger sister Abel. Rather then taking form as the bloodied dagger his Assassin incarnation would possess, this Noble Phantasm instead expresses itself through Berserker's very flesh- an embodiment of the unrestrained savagery and anger inherent in his primal act of murder.

Upon invocation, an illusion is projected out across the surrounding area, painting it over with a landscape of boundless green fields and untouched pastoral splendor. The paradisical Garden that mankind dwelt in the earliest days of creation, innocent and unknowing of the terrible reality of death.

Berserker then lunges towards the opponent with a bloodcurdling howl and unleashes the full depths of his animalistic fury in a ceaseless barrage of attacks. Though simplistic and undisciplined, each strike is frightfully powerful beyond his rank in Strength, bearing a portion of the conceptual weight of the First Murder. He rips, gouges and tears, using every means possible to kill and brutalize the enemy in an unspeakable display of murderous rage.

All the while, the enemy's blood splatters out across the illusory garden and begins dying it red- symbolizing the loss of innocence after the original murder. With the final blow the entire garden is completely soaked in crimson from the opponent's blood, decisively shattering the illusion as reality reasserts itself.

A "technique-based" Noble Phantasm that is in fact more an incarnation of savagery than anything worthy of being called a technique- re-inacting the brutality and anger of the first murder. Furthermore, any who witness such a brutal display without a rank in Bravery or equivalent Skills at A or higher will be left paralyzed in fear, rooted to the spot before the full extent of Berserker's terrifying bloodlust.

When Abel's blood first dripped into the ground it not only brought a curse on Berserker but to the very world itself, forever staining the earth in madness and cruelty. Thusly, the imagery taken by this Noble Phantasm is one that calls to mind a paradise despoiled by the wrongfully shed blood of man.

Charagma Kayin- Sevenfold He Will Be Avenged (EX, Support):

Key Words/Craft Essence

Distortion
    First Murder

"My sister's body crumpled to the ground, limp and lifeless.
    I looked up, blood soaking my trembling hands.
    ...Just what kind of monster have I become?

Mad laughter bubbles its way up from my throat.

Ha...!
    Hahahaahaaa...!!
    HAHAHAAHHAAHAHAA!!!

That's right!
    I am indeed a beast!!
    A murderer fit only to kill and destroy!!!

I go forth, I slay, I ravage and devour, spreading my vile seed across the earth.
    This is surely euphoria... a dark pleasure that far outshines anything in that feeble Garden of Eden!

So, why...?
    Why do I feel so... empty?

A-Abel...
    These drops trickling down my cheeks, are they 'tears'?

Abel
    "That name...

I remember her, vaguely...
    She was... someone I killed? The... first, you say?

Her face... her voice, her smile...
    It's all so faded and blurry... was she... someone important to me once?

Ah, of course. She was my first victim, so it's only natural I'd remember her face.
    Something like me can only kill and destroy, so there never could've been anything more between us then that.

Still... how come every time I think of her it feels like a knife just pierced into my heart?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I've written up the Berserker Cain I'd been talking about. I've had this guy in mind for about the last couple weeks, but didn't have the inspiration to write him up until now. Pretty satisfied with him as a whole- particularly the take on the original murder NP which I've never seen anything like it in a Cain sheet before. As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms! Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Say, anybody have any thoughts on Cain (Berserker ver.)?

Blog Entries
    It's cool

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    It's cool
    ...Um, thanks. Did you get an account just to say that?

Cain 3: So, the one I predicted has arrived. And it's pretty good. Though some of it is fairly similar to the Assassin one you did, the flavor is suitably different. I do like the attempt at different take on Murder, but I'm torn on the actual effect. The visual is flashy and suitably dramatic, but the effect is somewhat too simple imo. I understand that it is meant to mirror the savagery of the actual attack rather than any fancy conceptual stuff etc etc, and while that's all well and good, I think that just a little more to it wouldn't hurt. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by 4score7years; April 23rd, 2017 at 06:31 PM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Berserker Cain: At this rate, we might as well make more versions of Cain.

Obviously, Berserker!Cain is the representation of what others thought of him, so the 1-D personality is a nice touch.

Given the Skills he possessed, this version of Cain will undoubtedly be more suited for killing than his other incarnations.

Good Gods that Resith Ra'tsach NP's description is very graphic. I mean the brutal mauling was enough, but Tarantino-style blood splattering was definitely overkill.

With the god-like Endurance and Implacable Skill, I can see Berserker!Cain to be more of a "Mid-Boss" character in a Grail War; probably need around three to four Servants to actually kill him...

A question, how would Seth react to Berserker!Cain and Avenger!Abel? with the three siblings in the same place, I mean.

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cain: Yeah, I can definitely see him as a Berserker. A very tank-y Servant, probably requiring more than one Servant to overcome him (unless they had a perfect counter NP). And yeah, I agree with 4Score7Years in that Resith Ra'tsach is a bit on the simplistic side in terms of an attack. But otherwise a very good sheet as usual.

As for myself. Inspiration has struck with a Servant no one has seem to have done before. Once again it's a Chinese hero, but whereas my prior Wong Fei-Hung was a Martial Arts master, this one's a legendary military general. Look forward to it...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    I do like the attempt at different take on Murder, but I'm torn on the actual effect. The visual is flashy and suitably dramatic, but the effect is somewhat too simple imo. I understand that it is meant to mirror the savagery of the actual attack rather than any fancy conceptual stuff etc etc, and while that's all well and good, I think that just a little more to it wouldn't hurt. Just my two cents.
    Yeah, the execution (pardon the pun) is rather simple, but there's already a precedent for straightforward NPs in canon like with Beo's Grendel Buster. And I'm glad you liked the visual, since it was explicitly designed to be a flashy super move that'd fit in the likes of Grand Order. (The imagery of blood splattering the "screen" that eventually shatters apart is really perfect for a video game format)

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Hey I'm simultaneously working on Mandela and a rider Hercules. I wanted to give him a phanatsm which increased his base stats to A++ with expert ion of speed which is increased to A, and strength becomes Ex. It only last ten minutes, is virtually suicidel. Basicly it turns him into the God of strength, he becomes when he dies, good idea or no?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    A question, how would Seth react to Berserker!Cain and Avenger!Abel? with the three siblings in the same place, I mean.
    Eh, Seth is not as fleshed out as I'd have liked so I don't have a totally great grasp of his personality and reactions. While it isn't really clearly stated in the profile itself, he has a major case of hero(ine) worship towards Abel and despises Cain as essentially a murderous beast that stole her life away.

So, he'd probably take meeting Berserker!Cain the easiest of his counterparts given that's basically exactly how he expects Cain to be like (as opposed to his more conflicted true self). Avenger Abel on the other hand... now that'd be a recipe for a bad time. Seeing the person he derives just about the entirety of his self-worth from sunken to such a horrific state is sure to bring up all of Seth's repressed issues regarding his siblings.

On the other hand, his water of life NP is just about one of the only things that could actually restore Abel to her proper self (since it negates corruption). Of course, getting her to drink the damned thing would be no easy task... I actually thought up a scenario with Assassin Cain, Avenger Abel and Seth all in one Grail War. Seth would end up giving the water of life to Cain, who would then have a final battle with Abel, atoning for his sins by facing off with the literal manifestation of their consequences.

Eventually he gets fatally skewered by her blood-blades, only to use the opportunity to cram the water of life down her throat with his last burst of mortal strength. Abel returns to normal and regains her sanity just in time to find the dying Cain cradled in her arms, just moments from fading away from his grievous wounds. She tearfully apologizes for forcing him to go this far for her sake, only for him to gently brush the tears out of her eyes and say that it's okay now; she's safe, and all he ever wanted was to be by his little sister's side one last time.

Cue tearjerking music and a downpour of thematically appropriate rain on the bloodstained battlefield. Never thought so far as to what role Abel would take in the story afterwards, though...

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Eh, Seth is not as fleshed out as I'd have liked so I don't have a totally great grasp of his personality and reactions. While it isn't really clearly stated in the profile itself, he has a major case of hero(ine) worship towards Abel and despises Cain as essentially a murderous beast that stole her life away.

So, he'd probably take meeting Berserker!Cain the easiest of his counterparts given that's basically exactly how he expects Cain to be like (as opposed to his more conflicted true self). Avenger Abel on the other hand... now that'd be a recipe for a bad time. Seeing the person he derives just about the entirety of his self-worth from sunken to such a horrific state is sure to bring up all of Seth's repressed issues regarding his siblings.

On the other hand, his water of life NP is just about one of the only things that could actually restore Abel to her proper self (since it negates corruption). Of course, getting her to drink the damned thing would be no easy task... I actually thought up a scenario with Assassin Cain, Avenger Abel and Seth all in one Grail War. Seth would end up giving the water of life to Cain, who would then have a final battle with Abel, atoning for his sins by facing off with the literal manifestation of their consequences.

Eventually he gets fatally skewered by her blood-blades, only to use the opportunity to cram the water of life down her throat with his last burst of mortal strength. Abel returns to normal and regains her sanity just in time to find the dying Cain cradled in her arms, just moments from fading away from his grievous wounds. She tearfully apologizes for forcing him to go this far for her sake, only for him to gently brush the tears out of her eyes and say that it's okay now; she's safe, and all he ever wanted was to be by his little sister's side one last time.

Cue tearjerking music and a downpour of thematically appropriate rain on the bloodstained battlefield. Never thought so far as to what role Abel would take in the story afterwards, though...
    Wow, this is also well thought-out, too! I mean since you've practically made a sheet for all three siblings, so fanfic fuel was expected.

From what you've replied, I would guess it would take a while for Seth and Assassin!Cain to come to terms with one another; while their relationship isn't fully healed, the former at least accepted the latter to be more than a murderous beast. Although it may the gap between them finally closed at one point since Seth did willingly give Cain the Water of Life.

Wait, since Seth gave the NP to Cain, did the former died at one point? Like against another Servant or against Abel?

The ongoing sibling fight is actually kind of tearjerking, with the two bros finally saving their cinnamon roll onee-chan but at the cost of their lives.

However, since Abel is purified, I assume her Class changes or is she still Avenger, but with some of her Skills/Parameters tweaked?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Wow, this is also well thought-out, too! I mean since you've practically made a sheet for all three siblings, so fanfic fuel was expected.

From what you've replied, I would guess it would take a while for Seth and Assassin!Cain to come to terms with one another; while their relationship isn't fully healed, the former at least accepted the latter to be more than a murderous beast. Although it may the gap between them finally closed at one point since Seth did willingly give Cain the Water of Life.

Wait, since Seth gave the NP to Cain, did the former died at one point? Like against another Servant or against Abel?

The ongoing sibling fight is actually kind of tearjerking, with the two bros finally saving their cinnamon roll onee-chan but at the cost of their lives.

However, since Abel is purified, I assume her Class changes or is she still Avenger, but with some of her Skills/Parameters tweaked?
    I wasn't too sure on whether Seth would die or not, but that'd probably be a good way to ramp up the drama even further with him handing the vial of water to Cain with his dying breath and begging him to go off and save Abel. And I imagine Abel's Class would probably change to Caster upon purification. Ruler would be the most fitting for her, but that's an irregular Class she couldn't manifest in normally.

The more I think about it, the more I realize this is actually a really interesting idea for a story. Gotta' keep that in my possible fanfic reserve...

- - - Updated - - -

You've got in totally right on the cinnamon roll part too, BTW. Part of the reason I wrote up Abel as an Avenger rather then in any other Class is that her true self is just about as perfect as you can get. Her only "fault" to speak of is that she's so absurdly talented as to draw jealousy from those around her, which rivals perfectionism and loyalty for "flaws you'd love to put on your business card".

Abel works as an idealized figure that other characters are motivated by, but I don't think I could really depict her without coming off as a bland Mary Sue.

Blog Entries
    Just so you know, the discussion about Seth above got my creativity fired up so I went back and added likes+dislikes (which I somehow forgot to include the initial go around) as well as a Relationships section with a bunch of quotes to flesh out his personality. I'm a little bit more satisfied with him now, and I might add bond CEs or something tomorrow if things work out...
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 23rd, 2017 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Added link for ease of reference

Blog Entries
    Just added Bond CEs to Seth. Check it! Of course, commentary is welcome.

Blog Entries
    The block function exists for a reason.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    The block function exists for a reason.
    Oh! Wow! I never knew!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Berserker!Cain: So this is your 3rd take on this character? Looks at my four Uthers...

Anyways much like my Berserker version of Uther - this is the edgiest yet. Having four skills at A rank would seem a bit much originally but two at A+++? That seems a bit much; I'd reduce either Implacable or Glory of the Past. Innocent Monster doesn't seem to fit as you said (your version of) Cain wasn't a mindless killer but this is him in the state of the first killing as a bloodthirsty murderer so I'd either drop it or rephrase it.

For the sake of layout, I'd add the writing you put for the second NP but put the NP's in brackets. Also maybe use more brackets in general as your new formatting takes up like half of the page.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Berserker!Cain: So this is your 3rd take on this character? Looks at my four Uthers...

Anyways much like my Berserker version of Uther - this is the edgiest yet. Having four skills at A rank would seem a bit much originally but two at A+++? That seems a bit much; I'd reduce either Implacable or Glory of the Past. Innocent Monster doesn't seem to fit as you said (your version of) Cain wasn't a mindless killer but this is him in the state of the first killing as a bloodthirsty murderer so I'd either drop it or rephrase it.

For the sake of layout, I'd add the writing you put for the second NP but put the NP's in brackets. Also maybe use more brackets in general as your new formatting takes up like half of the page.
    Regarding Skills... I didn't really plan on having two A+++ ranked ones but Implacable ended up having three conditional modifiers (in proportion to how much of an ideal slasher film victim the opponent is) and Aptitude For Slaughter was at that rank to begin with. (If I'd planned ahead more I might've had that Skill as just A++ to start with, but now I feel I have to keep it that way to be consistent)

Don't really understand what you mean regarding Innocent Monster, alas.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Don't really understand what you mean regarding Innocent Monster, alas.
    Berserker has become in truth the monster he was depicted as in legend- a remorseless brute driven solely by jealousy and rage.
    Become depicted as - as in was not like this in life. But you said this is him in the heat of the moment of murder. It contradicts.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again I have had a long day at work so I may have just lost the ability to read