Page 361 of 858 FirstFirst ... 261311351356359360361362363366371411461 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,220 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Well, I got the sudden idea to try this, had to do some look around as well, but...honestly, not 100% if I made it work right. Any feedback is appreciated. Also, help with the NP's Chinese name, since...I can't Chinese.

======================

Archer [Hou Yi] - “The Divine Archer of the Sun”

Strength – C+
    Agility – A+
    Mana – D
    Luck – B+
    Endurance – B
    Noble Phantasm – A

Class Skill
    Magic Resistance - B+
    Independent Action - C

Height/Weight: 176cm・62kg
    Source: Chinese Mythology
    Region: China
    Alignment: Chaotic ・ Good

A famous archer from ancient Chinese mythology. Hailed as a divine being descended from the heavens to aid the people, he fought many of the threats and plagues that struck China, and gained reputation for his incredible skill with the bow.

Born and raised in the streets until found by Emperor Yao, who appointed him into his personal suite after he demonstrated his skills in archery, unmatched by anyone else. From here, he began his crusade to rid the land of the monsters and creatures that wreaked havoc upon it. It was during this period in his life that he met and rescued Chang’e, who would then become his wife. He also met the young Feng Meng, another archer who was eager to accompany the hero.

During his travels, he encountered the source of the nine suns that were scorching the land, a group of firebirds nested from three neighboring peaks. Using only one arrow for each, he shot all of them out of the sky, each arrow piercing the firebirds and striking a red stone in one of the peaks. With the suns vanquished, he was rewarded with the elixir of immortality for his deeds.

However, Feng Meng had grown envious of Hou Yi’s abilities, and wishing to surpass him, sought to steal the elixir. Chang’e discovered this, and tried keeping the elixir away from him. But unable to fight him off, she took the elixir herself, and fled towards the moon with it. Hou Yi was left in distraught, not only at the loss of his wife, but at the realization of his impending mortality.

Hoping to pass on his skills and knowledge to the next generation, Hou Yi took on Feng Meng as an apprentice, teaching him everything he knew in order to turn him into his successor. However, despite becoming an expert in the art and surpassing his peers thanks to his training, he was never able to surpass Hou Yi. As a result, his resentment grew. After multiple attempts to kill him, all stopped by Hou Yi’s very own skills, Feng Meng resorted to simpler methods and brutally beat him to death with a stick.

Rather friendly, level headed and honorable, he's also quite fond of challenge and combat; however, he's really bad at judging people and not very good at socializing. Having come to terms with his mortality, his one wish is to be able to reunite with his beloved Chang’e once more.

Skills

Affections of the Goddess (A)
    A skill that denotes one being loved by a goddess. For Hou Yi, the affection is from Chang’e. It gives him a rank up in Magic Resistance, as well as all stats but Mana and Endurance. However, the effect is only at its most potent whenever the moon is high in the sky, with moonlight bathing over him.

Divinity (C)
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. While not of divine blood, some stories told that Hou Yi was a divine hero descended from the heavens; others told of his ascension into the lord of the sun, receiving immortality as a gift from the gods for his deeds. As a result, he has higher resistance to those with solar-deity lineage and legends.

Clairvoyance (B)
    A visual ability that is also called 'Eagle Eye'. It connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, such as to supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. Hou Yi is capable of striking a tree at the top of a faraway hill with pinpoint accuracy, as well as stopping a volley of arrows with a volley of his own in an instant.

Giant Beast Hunting (B)
    A Skill that denotes having abundant combat experience against giant enemy lifeforms. Hou Yi fought and defeated several beasts and monsters that wreaked havoc across the land through his life, from a giant man-eating serpent and huge boars, to the spirit of the wind Fei Lien and the nine Firebirds.

Noble Phantasm: Cì Yáng Jiàn - Sun-piercing Nine Arrows
    Type: Anti-Unit/Army

Hou Yi’s technique with the bow and arrow crystallized into a Noble Phantasm. Based on the account where he slayed nine fire birds to destroy the false suns burning the land in a single shot each, each arrow perfectly hitting a red stone in one of the surrounding hills.

When calling the name of this Noble Phantasm, his arrows become imbued with a special curse. No matter in which direction he fires them, and no matter what his actual target is, causality will make it so the arrow will not only hits its mark, but will pierce through what he considers “his opponent” in the process, without fail.

No protection is capable of stopping the arrows, since according to causality, the arrow already went through his opponent. In this way, it has properties similar to a certain cursed spear that strikes the heart. It is important to note, however, that unlike said spear, the arrows are not guaranteed to be fatal. However, extreme caution is to be excised when he’s using this ability.

Additionally, if the opponent is of solar deity lineage or has a legend related to the sun, any and all bonuses and blessings related to said legends will be nullified while the Noble Phantasm is active. This, combined with his increased resistance thanks to his Divinity, makes him a fierce opponent against those whose legends are related to the sun, appropriate to the one who in some tales was said to gain the sovereignty of the same.

The effects of this Noble Phantasm only last until the ninth arrow has been fired after its true name has been called. Any additional effects caused by it are then reset the next time it is cast, so every arrow has to count.

Noble Phantasm:
    Nónglì Fúzi - Hear My Cry, Eye of the Moon
    EX
    Type:
    Anti-Unit (Self)

A talisman given to Hou Yi in some versions of his legend, which allowed him to visit Chang’e every 15th day of the 8th lunar cycle. A magical divine artifact that allowed its wearer safe travel to the Moon, he always wears it around his neck and is one of his most prized possessions; a memento of his dear wife.

As a Noble Phantasm, as long as he’s wearing the talisman and the moon is shining upon him, the concept of "a denizen of the moon" is given to Hou Yi. As a result, the rules of Gaia no longer apply to him, making him effectively immune to any damage from any Gaian being. However, those with lineage related to the moon or lunar deities are able to bypass this protection, as they would have authority over the moon.

In addition, if any of the two conditions is not met, the talisman has no effect whatsoever. Thus, it is recommended to face Hou Yi during daytime or if forced into a nighttime confrontation, to try to remove or destroy the talisman as first priority.

===================

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have to say seeing all these summer sheets is Good Civilisation. Summer sheets of CaS servants is even better. (I probably won't hop on the bandwagon myself, closest thing I got was my regular Marco Polo sheet)

KAIZA: Ohh, a Hou-Yi sheet? I remember writing the guy up myself last spring. I like the usage of some of the Grand Order skills but I feel as if you could have spruced things up a bit more honestly. Giant Beast Hunting is a good skill that combines a lot of his feats but for example with Affections of the Goddess - you could perhaps give some unique abilities due to Chang-e's association with the Moon.

With the NP however, it's my biggest gripe (as harsh as it sounds) with the sheet. The feat of shooting down the suns is his most famous feat and this interpretation isn't overly interesting. I remember Royd's sheet being nine giant firebombs and mine basically being shooting black holes while yours is basically a fancier version of the Gae Bolg. By no means is it bad, I just think you can add more to it, for example having this feature and selecting up to nine targets to be simultaneously pierced with a single arrow.

Sorry if it all sounded a bit harsh but it's definitely worth coming back too and adding more on.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    I have to say seeing all these summer sheets is Good Civilisation. Summer sheets of CaS servants is even better. (I probably won't hop on the bandwagon myself, closest thing I got was my regular Marco Polo sheet)

KAIZA: Ohh, a Hou-Yi sheet? I remember writing the guy up myself last spring. I like the usage of some of the Grand Order skills but I feel as if you could have spruced things up a bit more honestly. Giant Beast Hunting is a good skill that combines a lot of his feats but for example with Affections of the Goddess - you could perhaps give some unique abilities due to Chang-e's association with the Moon.

With the NP however, it's my biggest gripe (as harsh as it sounds) with the sheet. The feat of shooting down the suns is his most famous feat and this interpretation isn't overly interesting. I remember Royd's sheet being nine giant firebombs and mine basically being shooting black holes while yours is basically a fancier version of the Gae Bolg. By no means is it bad, I just think you can add more to it, for example having this feature and selecting up to nine targets to be simultaneously pierced with a single arrow.

Sorry if it all sounded a bit harsh but it's definitely worth coming back too and adding more on.
    Nah, you're fine. Honestly, the NP was giving me the most trouble, since I couldn't figure out a good way to actually interpret it. I did want the feedback precisely for that very reason. I kinda just thought this up today while juggling other things, so that may explain the rushed parts (like the lack of skill flavor). By all means, tear it apart.

US Friend Code
    Man, Hou Yi makes me think of Chang'e, and Chang'e makes me think of Junko

Feels like the NP is somewhat lackluster in a way, although Hermes pretty much covered what I was gonna say.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    OK, a bit more rested so I can probably reply a bit better. About the NP, I wanted to try something fancy, but that ultimately was still grounded in the actual myth, hence why I focused more on his improbable archery skills than any flashy effect. Plus again...having a hard time reinterpreting it with the above in mind. Funnily enough, I did consider something similar to what you suggest, albeit it being one arrow that splits into nine.

As for the skills, I'll do a bit more reading and try to see if I can make Affection of the Goddess a bit more unique. I added an extra boost during night time at the moment (similar to Numeral of the Saint), but I'll see what I find. To be fair, tho, so far there's only two Servants with the skill, and the more unique one was EX for being great enough to pull Artemis into the summon. So, that'll be something.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Source

-Assassin-
    Bogeyman

Alternate Class: Berserker, Avenger
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Alias: Embodiment of Terror, “The Devil”, “The Monster”, der schwarze Mann (the black man)
    Origin: Folklore

Parameters

Strength: (C)
    Endurance: (C)
    Agility: (E)
    Mana: (C)
    Luck: (D)
    NP: (B)

Dislikes: Mischief, Evil
    Talents: Scare, Stealth, Kidnapping
    Natural enemy: Potential Criminals, Berserker!Bogeyman
    Attribute: Earth
    Wish: To become a proper Hero

Skills

Class Skills

Presence Concealment: (A+)
    The capacity of hiding one’s presence as a Servant. Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. It is possible to disappear completely and become almost impossible to be detected, even against a Servant's perception. However, efficiency will decrease once preparations to attack are taken.

Personal Skills

Shadow Lantern: (B)
    A skill that allows one to become one with the shadows. One with the unknown, Assassin is as stealthy as it is secretive. Only making an appearance to its victims, never to be seen again. Its resting place is shrouded in mystery, presumably in the darkness. Assassin blends perfectly with the shadows, making it harder to detect and fight the darker it is. Furthermore, it receives magical energy from the darkness, almost does not need the Master’s magical energy supply so long as it does not materialize.

Shapeshifting: (A)
    A skill that refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance change. Possessing anecdotes of its form differing depending on the region, Assassin can change its shape to that of a monster’s. Either completely altering its body, or morphing selective limbs. Versatile, Shapeshifting is one of Assassin’s primary abilities, using it for combat and stealth alike. Transforming into horrific abominations to instill fear, growing monster-like appendages such as claws and tendrils to enhance fighting performance, and shifting into crows, spiders, snakes and even a shadow monster for stealth.

Symbol of Terror: (A++)
    A measurement of one’s ability to induce fear to those in their presence. A mythical creature in many cultures used mainly cultures to frighten children into good behavior. By being known throughout the entire world by different names, as well as being the embodiment of fear, Assassin earned its place as one of the most recognizable symbols of terror, attaining the highest rank in this skill. When activated, those who appear before it must perform a saving throw. Those with a very high Bravery skill, courage, or something similar, will have some resistance, increasing their odds. Failure will result in them being consumed by fear. Potentially, rolling a critical failure could result in permanent damage to their psyche, leading to mania, a mental shutdown or even a heart attack.

Kidnapping: (C)
    A skill for a quick and clean abduction on one’s target without causing too much of a struggle. At this rank, Assassin’s kidnappings leave very little signs of a struggle and evidence behind; and are less likely to be interrupted. Numerous anecdotes of scaring kids straight involve the use of kidnapping. Strangely enough, this skill is lower due to being in the assassin class. Its Berserker counterpart would’ve received a higher rank; likely because of the different interpretations, intentions and alignments between the two versions.

Noble Phantasm

Unnerving Shadow
    The Monster Hiding Under Your Bed
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: -
    Maximum Targets: 1

This Noble Phantasm is based on the phenomenon that Assassin can appear in various locations throughout the entire world. As the story goes, told by different households, whenever someone, typically a child, is acting naughty, Assassin would come after them for punishment. Whenever a person misbehaves or performs criminal-like behavior, Assassin gains awareness of their general vicinity. With this, it can teleport to their location via re-materializing itself amongst the shadows. Appearing in places that would normally be impossible, even for other assassins. This power derives off the mystery of the unknown. As such, Assassin can only teleport to places that lack certainty; such as a locked room, an empty park, under the bed, in the closet, a forest, behind someone’s back, etc.

The main usage of this ability is to be used freely as a means of transportation, traveling from place to place amongst the shadows. Theoretically, so long as no one sees it, Assassin could be anywhere. Such in the case that if a witness loses sight, it can teleport out of there.

Wer hat Angst vorm schwarzen Mann?
    Fear Nothing but Fear Itself
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1~20
    Maximum Targets: 1

Based on the common belief that Assassin has no set appearance, a non-specific embodiment of terror. A personification of fear, Assassin turns into a literal manifestation of the targets nightmares. Because it is rooted in the latent fear of the person, its power changes in accordance to their potency. Upon invoking the true name of this Noble Phantasm, Assassin’s powers and appearance reflects that of the nightmares. If the target has a phobia towards fire, Assassin will become that of an inferno demon, whose flames scales to the intensity of their fears. Should they fear death, Assassin will an ability like that of Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and be able to inflict death upon them. Should they fear going in insane, Assassin can shapeshift into an Eldritch Horror that can make anyone go mad simply by looking at it. In the case that they fear failure, Assassin gains the affection of fate, destined for victory. If they fear incompetence or their own weakness, Assassin’s stats will rise in response to theirs, becoming stronger than them.

Sometimes, one would possess no typical phobia, instead holding fear towards a particular individual. In those scenarios, Assassin does not simply take their appearance, but become them. Assassin would copy their parameters and abilities, for one does not fear an individual for their looks alone but for who they are. This is all assuming Assassin has enough mana. Without enough fuel, the transformation would be incomplete. The appearance would remain unaffected, but the stats would be lower than its supposed to be. Copying their Noble Phantasm, should they have one, would be on a whole new level. Depending on what it is, it could either be incredibly taxing or practically impossible. A low ranked Noble Phantasm or a weapon could be possible but with great difficulty. A divine construct or an EX Noble Phantasm may as well be outright impossible. The only conceivable way to make it practical, would to either project a fake knock-off or greatly reduce the rank, making it nowhere near as powerful as the original.

Although the possibilities are limitless, the Noble Phantasm’s greatest strength is also its greatest weakness. Due to the mechanics of this ability, it cannot create illusions or change the scenery, only morphing Assassin’s form. So, should someone fear a location such as hell, Assassin can transform into a personification of hell such as a demon, but cannot create the place or even a look-alike. Mana cost can be an issue. Summoning a swarm of poisonous insects would be an easy task. Transforming into a giant serpent of the Phantasmal Species, not so much. Raising its stats to become stronger than Heracles, even harder. Although Assassin’s Shadow Lantern skill would make fueling this ability easier. Also, it should be noted that the deeper the fear is, not only are the effects greater, but the mana cost would decrease as well.

Lore
    Bogeyman is a common allusion to a mythical creature in many cultures mainly used by adults to frighten children into good behavior. This monster has no specific appearance, and conceptions about it can vary drastically from household to household within the same community; in many cases, it has no set appearance in the mind of an adult or child, but is simply a non-specific embodiment of terror. Parents may tell their children that if they misbehave, the bogeyman will get them. Bogeymen may target a specific mischief—for instance, a bogeyman that punishes children who suck their thumbs—or general misbehavior, depending on what purpose needs serving. In some cases, the bogeyman is a nickname for the Devil. Bogeyman tales vary by region. The bogeyman is usually a masculine entity, but can be any gender, or simply be androgynous.

Character
    Contrary to most other folktale legends, the Bogeyman is not a Phantom. Rather, it instead is summoned as a Wraith due to its portrayal as an Anti-Hero, as opposed to just some monster. The Bogeyman is not a Hero that saves the day. It is not some knight in shining armor that helps the poor, saves the people, helps others with their dirty work. The Bogeyman is the type of hero that prevents these problems from happening in the first place. Scaring people - typically kids - straight from the wrong path, ensuring they don’t end up as criminals in the future. Feared and misunderstood, yet it is undeniable that its name only saved many from walking a dangerous path.

In terms of personality, Bogeyman is nothing short of mysterious. Hardly anything is known about its personal life and it prefers to keep it that way. Usually silent, the Bogeyman likes to keep its distance and observe from a distance. Speaking only when necessary, its voice tends to be raspy due to be quiet for so long. As a symbol of terror, the Bogeyman can fill its voice with dread, adding a sense of paranoia and anxiety into the air.

Deep down inside lies the heart of a hero…or at least someone who wants to be. Its methods may be questionable, but it’s with good intentions. Helping others in a way no one else will, like a shadow who works for the light. Rather than a Hero who saves the innocent in their time of need, believes that it would be better if they were never in danger in the first place. So, it follows that belief, instead of stopping criminals, the Bogeyman prevents those from becoming a criminal in the first place. And what better way than to scare them straight?

Don’t misunderstand. The Bogeyman does not regret being who it is. It does not hate being labeled a monster, for it is one. It does not hate being called “The Devil”, for it is its nature. It especially does not hate being a personification of fear, for it allows it to enact its sense of justice. If there is something worth being upset about, is that it has become a Wraith rather than a proper Heroic Spirit.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Alright! Made additional changes to Hou Yi's sheet, adding a new Noble Phantasm as well. This probably makes him a bit...more powerful, but I think it's fitting for a very old hero. Anyways, feedback! And again, help with the Chinese names would be appreciated. ^^;

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    Alright! Made additional changes to Hou Yi's sheet, adding a new Noble Phantasm as well. This probably makes him a bit...more powerful, but I think it's fitting for a very old hero. Anyways, feedback! And again, help with the Chinese names would be appreciated. ^^;
    That second NP reminds me of the one I gave my Neil Armstrong sheet, though more powerful. (Then again, as a hero from the Age of Gods he probably merits a more powerful NP...)

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For the first NP name, I would change it to Cì Yáng Jiàn, as it has more of a poetic flair rather than literally 'nine suns were pierced by an arrow.'

For the second, replace Jiàn with Fú, Fúzi or Língfú; because if you wanted to go for a talisman, these three options are its Chinese(Mandarin) equivalent.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    For the first NP name, I would change it to Cì Yáng Jiàn, as it has more of a poetic flair rather than literally 'nine suns were pierced by an arrow.'

For the second, replace Jiàn with Fú, Fúzi or Língfú; because if you wanted to go for a talisman, these three options are its Chinese(Mandarin) equivalent.
    Edited! I was probably butchering the language anyways, so thanks for the corrections. ^^;

Grand Theft Da Vinci
    Continuing...

Assassin entered the hotel lobby, taking in the scenery. The bar, clearly building’s the main attraction, was the first thing to catch any visitor’s eye the moment they walked in the door. The hostess’ eyes passed right over Assassin as if she weren’t even there. Even with her Presence Concealment at such a low rank, getting to the heart of this place would be easy. Finding the manager’s office was child’s play.

As she reached for the doorknob, a voice came from inside, “Come in.”

Not as if Assassin had a choice; the door opened of its own accord to reveal a well-furnished office. The room’s sole occupant, a curvy brunette, was clearly a Servant, judging by the way her eyes locked with Assassin’s, cutting right through her stealth.

“I trust you had no trouble getting here, Madame de Valois?”

“It’s Comtesse, actually.” Assassin replied curtly, slightly unnerved how the woman had immediately discerned her identity despite the fact that she was in plainclothes. The use of her maiden name, the one she was better known by, left out any possible doubt of her situation. “I must say, I find your security to be lacking. I am by no means the best Assassin out there.”

The brunette replied in the same cheerful, easygoing tone, “You were able to reach this office because I allowed you to. I assure you, if you meant me harm, you would still be in the lobby, if you had managed to live that long. Please, sit.”

As Jeanne de Valois took the offered chair, the woman continued, “Allow me to introduce myself. I am Leonardo da Vinci, and I am the manager of this fine establishment.”

Assassin’s life at court allowed her to contain her surprise. “Ah, I knew there must have been something magical behind this place’s success. Barely open a couple weeks and you’ve already carved a place for yourself as one of the best hotels in Los Angeles. Now it all makes sense why nobody has questioned it. Being a manager suits you, I see.”

Da Vinci nodded at the compliment. “Built and designed it myself. I was inspired by a curious film called Inception, have you seen it? Ah, but I didn’t invite you here for idle chit-chat. I have a job for you. A quest, if you will.”

A monitor on the wall lit up to show an aerial view of the Great Pyramid of Giza- rising up into the air. Jeanne gasped as the stone on the outermost layer formed into an army of golems and sphinxes. A moment later they engaged another army pouring out of a flying fortress. Hundreds of spells, lightning bolts and beams of light arced across the battlefield.

“This is footage of a Holy Grail War currently raging in Cairo, Egypt,” Da Vinci explained. “It seems all the Servants summoned were the builders of the Wonders of the Ancient World, and the Pharaoh Khufu has taken the most expedient route to manifesting his. His opponents are the remaining Servants: Semiramis of Assyria, Chares of Lindos and Phidias of Athens.”

The Hanging Gardens, the Colossus of Rhodes and the Statue of Zeus. “You expect me to jump into the middle of that madness!?” Jeanne asked, incredulously.

“Heavens, no!” Da Vinci chuckled. “What we should be concerned about is the first casualty of this War, or rather, lack thereof.”

Noticing Assassin’s frown, Da Vinci sighed and brought up a photo of another instantly recognizable buidling: the Temple of Artemis. “Whomever built this great Temple was allegedly the first to perish, thanks to Semiramis’ quick construction of her Gardens. Do you know why I refer to him or her as “whomever” and not by their true name?”

Assassin’s Grail-granted history knowledge provided the answer. “Because there was no one architect of the Temple of Artemis. There were builders who renovated and repaired it, but the legends say it was originally built by a nameless tribe of Amazons.”

“Correct. Yet no Amazon was summoned. And if they survived their first battle, why has the Temple not been built, and why have they not shown themselves? My theory is that that particular Grail, perhaps deficient or defective, searched for the Temple’s original builder and came up empty, so it picked the next best thing. My surveillance has clearly seen this missing Servant but for some reason neither I nor my familiars can recall anything about them.”

As the pieces clicked into place in Assassin’s head, Da Vinci dropped the million dollar question, “So who is the most famous person associated with the Temple of Artemis that nobody knows about? Quite a paradox, no? Judging from the look one your face, you know of whom I speak, but are unable to name them, like it’s on the tip of your tongue.”

Assassin nodded. “My mission is to hunt down the arsonist, then.”

Correcto. Since he is quite hard to find, you will lie in wait for him at his likely target, just outside the perimeter of this ‘War of the Wonders’. You are free to use any methods necessary to apprehend or eliminate your mark. Now let’s discuss your payment.”

//

After hashing out the details, Assassin left. I didn’t really pay attention to that part, because I was impatient to have my own conversation with my Caster. I opened the telepathic channel.

“It’s ‘corretta’.”

“Whatever do you mean, Master?” Caster replied innocently.

“You spoke Spanish. Da Vinci was Italian. You’re slipping! Dammit, it’s as if you want to get found out!” I said, trying my best to convey my gritted teeth and frustrated tone without her actually seeing my facial expression. ”This is the third Servant you’ve hired this week, and every time you let these inconsistencies pile up!”

“I take it you don’t like the name of the hotel.”

”Damn straight I don’t like it! You think you’re being clever, referencing that DiCaprio movie? All you’ve accomplished is literally putting your true name in giant red letters above our base! And that’s just for starters! Speaking the wrong language? Your incorrect usage of ‘whomever’? You can’t keep inviting Servants, specifically those who specialize in espionage and infiltration, into your inner sanctum if you can’t play your part properly!”

“I picked the name because I was flattered by the film’s tip of the hat, that’s all. To everyone else, it’s just a pretty Italian word. No one has noticed, and no one will.”

All my complaints were being ignored; there was little ground to be gained when arguing with a genius. I sighed, and my eyes flicked over to the small open box that held my catalyst. A chip of paint, barely the size of my fingernail, broken off of the Mona Lisa itself in the days before it sat safely behind bulletproof glass. How had it come to this?

“What are you doing, Caster? Why in hell would you start a War and then send in spies to unwind your own conspiracy!?”

“Oh, so you figured that out? Yes, I suppose it’s obvious the only way I could get surveillance from Cairo is if one of me were there? Yes, Master, I fully admit it, one of me is in the Hanging Gardens as we speak, posing as Semiramis’ Master. How were three Wonders were built so quickly? Because Semiramis just happened to be summoned by a Master with extraordinary skill in architecture, and because of that great advantage, she never questioned it; she eagerly took the power that would allow her to win.”

“And now Cairo is being torn apart, for what? You brought together some of the most powerful Servants as a diversion, for what, exactly?”

“To tell you the truth, I haven’t decided yet.” Caster answered immediately.

“...What?!”

“I’m bored, Master. Do you know what it’s like to have the mind of the great Leonardo da Vinci at your disposal and no idea what to do with it? So I play these games. I pit Servants against each other. I add more variables. I bring more danger and risk and ruin upon myself and I have not yet reached my limit.”

“That’s all? You’re just setting yourself up to fail?”

“Limitations foster creativity. Tell an artist to paint anything, and he may struggle, but tell him to create something specific, in a set amount of time, for a certain audience, and these constraints might well push him to produce something he might never have come up with on his own. We grow and evolve by testing ourselves. That’s my personal philosophy.”

More art metaphors. She really is drinking her own Kool-Aid. “No, that’s suicide. Having Da Vinci’s power does not make you the same as him. Deep down you’re still a con man who lucked upon the ability to fight six battles at once.”

“Which means everything must be six times more challenging! Fighting a Grail War in Cairo. Managing this hotel without bothering to conceal myself. Infiltrating the Mage’s Association. Playing the stock market. Perhaps I’ll send one of me up to Toronto and see what all the fuss is about there. I’m doing these things all at once and not even breaking a sweat! You cannot give a man the power of a god and expect him to be satisfied or concerned with the affairs of mere mortals!”

“Clearly I can’t expect him to hold on to his sanity either! All these webs you’re weaving will break and tangle you up in them until you suffocate! I’m putting an end to this now!” I began channeling power into my Command Seals.

“Then it appears I have a challenge for my sixth self to overcome.” I jumped as Caster strode into my room, the same easy smile on her gorgeous face.

“And what… is... that...?” Dammit, my reaction was slow. Her looks had never affected me like this, she must have been using some kind of charm spell…

“Surviving without a Master.”

Class: Caster
    Identity: Leonardo da Vinci?

STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: C
    MGI: A+
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Item Construction (A): Da Vinci is revered for her technological ingenuity. Many machines and vehicles
    can be created as Mystic Codes that could be considered Noble Phantasms in their own right.

Territory Creation (A): Creation of a Temple becomes possible. Da Vinci has been called the
    "father of architecture", and can quite literally paint his territory onto the world.

Personal Skills

Natural Born Genius (EX): The quintessential "Renaissance Man", Da Vinci gains this skill from her unparalleled
    natural knowledge and intelligence. It allows her to access most skills at rank A proficiency, barring those skills
    that belong to specific heroes or are inherent to the body, such as Divinity. Da Vinci's talents include magecraft,
    science, mathematics, engineering, history, architecture, art, inventing, and weapons development.

Pioneer of the Stars (EX): A unique skill given to heroes that became turning points in human history. Challenges
    considered to be "impossible" becomes "events that can be realized". Da Vinci is one of the few who propelled the
    Renaissance from its infancy, epitomizing the humanist ideal.

Golden Rule (Body) (B): A skill that denotes the possession of a natural and perfect goddess-like body, though it
    does not affect her parameters. Da Vinci intentionally acquired this skill when he "redesigned" his body to be a female's,
    resembling his most famous painting, the Mona Lisa. While a male normally, he says that Mona Lisa represents the ideal
    beauty he pursued during his life, so he finds nothing wrong with becoming that beauty.

Noble Phantasm

Peruggia~Theft of the Mona Lisa (B-, Support)

Six copies of the Mona Lisa brought to life to serve as Caster's decoys. Though they are all forgeries, their buyers' belief that each copy
    is the most famous and valuable painting in the world is what enables them to function exactly as Caster does, empowered with all her
    skills and parameters. This, of course, is based on the belief that "this is Da Vinci" that is shared by everyone who beholds Caster and her
    decoys separately. Seeing two or more of them together at the same time will render them intangible illusions, with all the uselessness
    that such a state entails. Therefore, it is in Caster's best interest to keep her decoys spread out and on separate missions. An act of forgery
    such as this would ordinarily never become crystallized as a Noble Phantasm, especially from a such a young Heroic Spirit. However, Da Vinci's
    act of summoning himself as a woman, particularly the Mona Lisa, gives Caster an extra foothold to summon himself. In essence, "Da Vinci
    being summoned as the Mona Lisa" allows the man who stole the Mona Lisa to "steal Da Vinci himself", gaining all the parameters, skills and
    power of the original. Though Caster cannot use Uomo Universale, her own power to produce her six decoys makes her a formidable force.

True Identity
    Eduardo de Valfierno was an Argentinian con man who was allegedly the mastermind behind the theft of the Mona Lisa.
    An employee of the Louvre named Vincenzo Peruggia hid the famous painting under his coat and simply walked out the
    door. For two years, the painting was lost until Peruggia was caught trying to sell it to an Italian art collector. From
    then on, he became the famous thief of the world's most valuable painting, but no one knew he was in fact set up
    by Valfierno. Before the heist, he commissioned six copies of the Mona Lisa. The forgeries were then shipped to
    dead-drops around the world, readying them for the buyers he had lined up. Valfierno knew once the Mona Lisa was
    stolen, it would be harder to smuggle copies past customs. After the heist the copies were delivered to their buyers,
    each thinking they had the original which had been stolen for them. Because Valfierno wanted to sell forgeries, he
    only needed the original Mona Lisa to disappear and never contacted Peruggia again after the crime. This bait and
    switch became known as the "Mona Lisa con", but he is still not old or famous enough to be summoned as a Servant.

Normally.

The original Leonardo da Vinci summoned himself as a woman, the spitting image of the Mona Lisa. No one could have
    expected that this would have opened the metaphorical door for Eduardo to be summoned as the spitting image of the
    Servant Leonardo da Vinci. The con man from the 1900s has been summoned as a Wraith, becoming a forgery of Leonardo
    herself. He would never be able to be summoned as a Servant otherwise; his power and appearance are a freak accident,
    an unintended consequence of Da Vinci's genderswap.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; August 13th, 2017 at 09:37 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    On a related note, does anyone know of a pic where Leonardo is in a swimsuit? I'm trying to make a Summer Leo sheet.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    On a related note, does anyone know of a pic where Leonardo is in a swimsuit? I'm trying to make a Summer Leo sheet.
    From a quick search, only managed to find this one.
    Click here to toggle visibility of Pixiv image

Mathematician of Waterside

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    Weirdly few now that you mention it, given how it'd fit her personality perfectly. The only ones I can find both have her positioned fairly far in the background, which I presume isn't what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

...Or Danbooru just has a crappy selection I guess, since Express and KAIZA have chimed in with much better ones in the time it took me to post the above. Sorry for my uselessness!

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    From a quick search, only managed to find this one.
    Click here to toggle visibility of Pixiv image
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Mathematician of Waterside
    Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Weirdly few now that you mention it, given how it'd fit her personality perfectly. The only ones I can find both have her positioned fairly far in the background, which I presume isn't what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

...Or Danbooru just has a crappy selection I guess, since Express and KAIZA have chimed in with much better ones in the time it took me to post the above. Sorry for my uselessness!
    Leo has a weird lack of fan art.

Blog Entries

Class :
    Ruler
    Alternate Class : Caster
    Identity : Plutarch (Lucius Mestrius Plutarchus)
    Origin : Roman Greece
    Alignment :True Neutral

PARAMETER
    STR : E
    END : E
    AGL : D
    MGI : A
    LCK : A
    NP : EX

CLASS SKILL
    God’s Resolution : B
    A Class Skill of the Ruler class and is the privilege of the Ruler presiding over the Holy Grail War. Each Ruler is normally granted two Command Spells for each Servant that participates in the Holy Grail War.

“Now justice is the aim and end of law, but law is the work of the ruler, and the ruler is the image of God who orders all things. Such a ruler needs no Pheidias nor Polycleitus nor Myron to model him, but by his virtue he forms himself in the likeness of God and thus creates a statue most delightful of all to behold and most worthy of divinity.”
    -- Plutarch, To an Uneducated Ruler

True Name Discernement : A+
    A Class Skill of the Ruler class where status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed to the owner of this Skill when directly encountering a Servant. At this rank, even the Servant's Noble Phantasm, personality, history, and all other information regarding the Servant will be automatically revealed to Ruler. Ruler obtained this skill at the highest rank because he was a historian and biographer and had knowledge of various legends and mythology from many different cultures in his lifetime.

“The cube is patently a body related to rest because of the security and stability of its plane surfaces. In the pyramid everybody may note its fiery and restless quality in the simplicity of its sides and the acuteness of its angles. The nature of the dodecahedron, which is comprehensive enough to include to figures, may well seem to be a model with reference to all corporeal being. Of the remaining two, the icosahedron shares in the nature of Differentiation mostly, and the octahedron in that of Identity.”
    -- Plutarch, The Obsolescence of Oracles

Magic Resistance : A
    A skill that grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a 'Magus Killer'. Ruler was a High Priest of Delphi, he had many experiences and knowledge about magic and magecraft throughout his lifetime as a philosopher and High Priest, thus granting him high resistance against magical effects.

“But the ridiculous actions and emotions of superstition, its words and gestures, magic charms and spells, rushing about and beating of drums, impure purifications and dirty sanctifications, barbarous and outlandish penances and mortifications at the shrines — all these give occasion to some to say that it were better there should be no gods at all than gods who accept with pleasure such forms of worship, and are so overbearing, so petty, and so easily offended.”
    -- Plutarch, On Superstition

PERSONAL SKILL
    Territory Creation : C
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Ruler can build a special territory "Classroom", where he can give various lectures about how to make your life better, and also to activate one of his Noble Phantasm.

“In such wise, then, the sincere and single-minded student ought to regard flowery and dainty language and theatrical and spectacular subject matter as the pasturage of drones who practise the popular lecture; these he should leave alone and use all diligence to sound the deep meaning of the words and the intention of the speaker, drawing from it what is useful and profitable, and remembering that he has not come to a theatre or music-hall, but to a school and classroom with the purpose of amending his life by what is there said.”
    -- Plutarch, On Listening to Lectures

Human Observation : A
    A skill that denotes one's capability to observe and understand people. At this level, it is not simply observing but the capacity to hypothesize about one's livelihoods and preferences, and even the lives of people whose name are unknown. This requires a tremendous memory that does not forget easily. Being someone who wrote many biographies about the lives of others and various other essays about the livelihood of people, Ruler is really capable to understand and observe people and has the capacity to hypothesize their vices and virtues just by observing their words and actions, even if they're someone he has never seen directly.

“And everyone ought to be ready ever to repeat to himself, as he observes the faults of others, the utterance of Plato, "Am I not possibly like them?" For as we see our own eyes brightly reflected in the eyes of those near us, so we must get a picture of our own discourses in the discourses of others, that we may not too rashly disdain others, and may give more careful attention to ourselves in the matter of speaking.”

Philosophical Thinking : B+
    A skill that represents one’s aptitude to think in a way that differs from common people, a mind with philosophical way of thinking and understanding. This skill gives the owner protection and immunity to mental interferences attacks or magecraft, due to their sophistical way of thinking. Ruler naturally has a high rank in this skill, due to being one of the most renowned Greek philosopher.

"The correct analogy for the mind is not a vessel that needs filling, but wood that needs igniting — no more — and then it motivates one towards originality and instills the desire for truth. Suppose someone were to go and ask his neighbors for fire and find a substantial blaze there, and just stay there continually warming himself: that is no different from someone who goes to someone else to get to some of his rationality, and fails to realize that he ought to ignite his own flame, his own intellect, but is happy to sit entranced by the lecture, and the words trigger only associative thinking and bring, as it were, only a flush to his cheeks and a glow to his limbs; but he has not dispelled or dispersed, in the warm light of philosophy, the internal dank gloom of his mind."

NOBLE PHANTASM
    Bíoi Parállēloi
    It’s Not History That I’m Writing, But Lives
    Type : Anti-Unit (Self), Anti-Unit
    "For it is not Histories that I am writing, but Lives; and in the most illustrious deeds there is not always a manifestation of virtue or vice, nay, a slight thing like a phrase or a jest often makes a greater revelation of character than battles when thousands fall, or the greatest armaments, or sieges of cities."
    --Plutarch, Life of Alexander

A Noble Phantasm that represents Ruler’s most famous works, The Parallel Lives. A collection of biographies about various prominent figures in Roman and Greek history which in fact, was more a moral treatise than an actual chronological biography. In these works, Ruler compares the lives of two figures, lives of whose lives were parallel with each other, for example, the Life of Alexander is paired with the Life of Julius Caesar, both were a Greek Conqueror and Roman Conqueror respectively. The result is not only an entertaining biography but also a better understanding of a morally exemplary person, which the reader can use for his own moral improvement. These works also are among of the most important historical sources about many figures he wrote.

As a Noble Phantasm, these works become an ability akin to the manipulation of history. Ruler can manipulate the characteristic of a person, by ‘illustrating’ their vices, virtues, and deeds into the book that is his Noble Phantasm, and ‘compares’ these virtues or vices to anyone with even the slightest similarity with the target. This means that he can apply the characteristic of said figure on a person—for example, his Master, or possibly another servant, or even himself—with a certain similarity with the figure he wrote about, like their Parameters, Skills, Noble Phantasm, or even personality, depending on the compatibility of the Servant with the targeted person. In reality, this Noble Phantasm channels the copy of a figure in the Throne of Heroes to another soul or person, resulting in them to ‘merge’ as a ‘Demi-Servant’. Though it’s ability is quite powerful, this Noble Phantasm isn’t really practical because, in reality, Ruler needs at least a day to finish a biography and to apply its effect on someone.

Ethika Moralia
    Let Us Take Pains Thoroughly To Comprehend All Profitable Discourse
    “Let us therefore put from us all such foolishness and pretension, and, as we go onward to the task of learning, let us take pains thoroughly to comprehend all profitable discourses; let us submit with patience to the laughter of those reputed to be clever, as did Cleanthes and Xenocrates, who, although they seemed to be slower than their schoolmates, yet did not try to escape learning or give it up in despair, but were the first to make jokes at themselves by comparing themselves to narrow-necked bottles and bronze tablets, as much as to say that they found great difficulty in taking in what was said, yet they kept it safely and securely.”
    --Plutarch, On Listening to Lectures

A Noble Phantasm that represents Ruler’s other work, The Moralia, which is a varied collection of literary criticism, declamations, ethical essays, advice, polemics, political writing, conversation, and consolation. Although there is much variation among these treatises, it is clear that the author aimed at the moral education of his readers. This Noble Phantasm also represents Ruler as the Sage of Chaeronea, a revered citizen, Consul, and teacher of Roman Empire.

In order to use this Noble Phantasm, Ruler must utilize his special territory “Classroom”, in which several ‘students’ must present so that he can begin his lectures or teachings on them. This Noble Phantasm, in the form of Ruler’s own lectures, has the ability to ‘teach’ anyone so that they can learn and master anything. When used on a person, this means that they can learn any subject of their own choosing, no matter how hard, or how impossible for them to learn it, by using effective methods of teaching and by influencing them to force their greatest effort in order to learn it. When used on a Servant, who is already in their ‘optimal form’, Ruler can only sharpen their abilities, by providing a plus modifier on each parameter, skills, and Noble Phantasm. The duration of which one can learn a subject using this Noble Phantasm depends on the person learning it, and the subject itself, it could be several hours, could be several minutes, but at the longest, it would take a day.

Trivia
    Dislikes: Vices
    Talents: Writing, Teaching
    Natural Enemies: Epicureanist
    Catalyst: A reed pen that he once used.

Background
    It is not overstated to say that, together with Augustine of Hippo and Aristotle of Stagira, Plutarch of Chaeronea is the most influential ancient philosopher. He may lack the the profundity of Augustine, the most influential philosopher in the early Middle Ages, and the acumen of Aristotle, considered the master of all intellectuals of the late Middle Ages, but the Sage of Chaeronea is an excellent writer and from the Renaissance to the present day, his moral treatises have found a larger audience than any other ancient philosopher. In his own age, he was immensely popular because he was able to explain philosophical discussions to non-philosophical readers, Greek and Roman alike. The fact that he was priest in Delphi will no doubt have improved his popularity.

History
    Life

Plutarch was probably born in 46 in the Boeotian town Chaeronea. His parents were wealthy people, and after 67, their son was able to study philosophy, rhetorics, and mathematics at the platonic Academy of Athens. However, Plutarch never became a platonic puritan, but always remained open to influences from other philosophical schools, such as the Stoa and the school of Aristotle. It is likely that the young man was present when the emperor Nero, who visited Greece at this time, declared the Greek towns to be free and autonomous.

Because Plutarch was a rich man, he became one of the leading citizens of Chaeronea and he is known to have represented his town on several occasions. For example, he visited the governor of Achaea, and traveled to Alexandria and Rome (several times). Again, this proves that he was a rich man.

Among his friends was Lucius Mestrius Florus, a consul during the reign of Vespasian, and Plutarch's guide during his visit to Cremona, where two important battles had been fought in 69, the year of the four emperors Galba, Vitellius, Otho, and Vespasian. Mestrius also secured the Roman citizenship for Plutarch, whose official name now became Mestrius Plutarchus. At the end of his life, he was honored with the procuratorship of Achaea, an important office that he probably held only in name. His involvement in the Roman world, although from a carefully maintained distance, explains why he shows so much interest in the history of Rome. Nevertheless, he was slow to learn Latin.

In the 90s, Plutarch, who had seen much of the world, settled in his home town. When asked to explain his return to the province, he said that Chaeronea was in decline and that it would be even smaller if he did not settle there. For some time, he was mayor.

In his treatise Should Old Men Take Part in Politics?, Plutarch tells us that he occupied an office in the holy city Delphi, and he is known to have become one of the two permanent priests, responsible for the interpretation of the inspired utterances of the Pythia, the prophetess of Delphi. In these years, a library was built near the sanctuary, and it is tempting to assume that Plutarch was behind this initiative.

In the two first decades of the second century, he studied and wrote many books. According to an incomplete third-century catalogue, there were between 200 and 300 titles. These books brought him international fame, and the home of the famous author became a private school for young philosophers. He was often visited by Greeks and Romans, although not necessarily to study philosophy. The emperor Trajan may have been one of the visitors (winter 113/114?), and it may have been on this occasion that Trajan honored Plutarch with the ornaments of a consul, an important award. From now on, Plutarch was allowed to wear a golden ring and a white toga with a border made of purple.

Plutarch died after his procuratorship, which was in 119, and before 125. The year 122 is just guesswork. The Delphians and Chaeroneans ordered statues to be erected for their famous citizen.

In the Consolation to his wife, Plutarch mentions four sons and we know that at least two survived childhood. It has often been remarked that in his many publications, Plutarch shows that he was devoted to his parents, grandfather, brothers, his wife Timoxena, and to their children, but this is of course an impression that every author wants to convey.

The Moralia

Plutarch's oeuvre can be divided into two parts: the biographies (below) and the remainder, which is usually called the Moralia or Moral Writings. This second group is a varied collection of literary criticism, declamations, ethical essays, advice, polemics, political writing, conversation and consolation. Although there is much variation among these treatises, it is clear that its author aimed at the moral education of his readers (e.g. in works with titles like Checking Anger, The Art of Listening, How to Know Whether One Progresses to Virtue).

Plutarch's central theme seems to have been his idea that there was a dualistic opposition between the good and evil principles in the world. Later philosophers of the neoplatonic school disagreed with this idea, and this explains why several of Plutarch's more serious philosophical publications are now lost. What we have left, is generally lighter work, together with his attacks on the Stoa and Epicurism.

They are interesting texts, because they show a very pragmatic philosopher, whose aim it is to make people more virtuous and therefore happier. In fact, several works have a striking resemblance to modern "do it yourself"-books of social psychology. Treatises like the Advice to Bride and Groom may strike us as conservative and anti-feminist, but in Antiquity, the counsels may indeed have been helpful.

The Biographies

Plutarch's biographies, dedicated to Quintus Socius Senecio, are in fact moral treatises too. He describes the careers of a Greek and a Roman, and compares them - an idea Plutarch copied from Cornelius Nepos. For example, in the Life of Theseus/Life of Romulus, he describes the lives of the founders of Athens and Rome, and in a brief epilogue penetrates into their respective characters. Another example is the comparison of Themistocles and Camillus, an Athenian and a Roman who were both sent into exile. The result is not only an entertaining biography, but also a better understanding of a morally exemplary person, which the reader can use for his own moral improvement.

A good example of Plutarch's method is his Life of Alexander/Life of Julius Caesar, in which he gives a very short summary of his biographical ideal.

“It is not histories I am writing, but lives; and in the most glorious deeds there is not always an indication of virtue of vice, indeed a small thing like a phrase or a jest often makes a greater revelation of a character than battles where thousands die.”

This is a good description of what Plutarch has to offer. He will not give an in-depth comparative analysis of the causes of the fall of the Achaemenid empire and the Roman Republic, but offers anecdotes with a moral pointe. We should read his Life of Alexander as a collection of short stories, in which virtues and vices are shown. The most important theme (one might say: Plutarch's vision on Alexander's significance in world history) is that he brought civilization to the barbarians and made them human; Alexander is, so to speak, a practical philosopher, who improves mankind in a rather unusual but effective way. This theme is more explicitly worked out in a writing called The Fortune and Virtue of Alexander.

Because Plutarch's moral judgment is more important than his historical judgment, he sometimes makes odd errors (e.g., praising Pompey's trustworthy character and tactful behavior), but he is not a bad historian. For example, unlike his Roman contemporary Suetonius, he sums up all his moral anecdotes in a more or less chronological sequence. (Suetonius does not adhere to this principle.) To return to Alexander: most authors of books on the Macedonian king took their material from either the 'vulgate' tradition (which follows a biographer called Cleitarchus) or from the 'good' tradition (which follows Ptolemy, one of Alexander's generals). Plutarch, on the other hand, tells his own, moral story and takes elements from both traditions.

- - - Updated - - -

please let me know what do you think about this sheet
    Last edited by 34; August 14th, 2017 at 09:17 PM.

Ireland's Guru King...Grandson of Conn...Beloved of the Sidhe

Source: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust....st_id=59335751
    Class: Saber
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    True Name: Cormac mac Airt
    Origin: Mythology, Ireland

Parameters
    Strength: B
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: B
    Luck: B
    NP: C

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: (B)
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding: (B)
    Riding is a Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles.
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:

Golden Apple: (C)
    Golden Apple is a Skill that draws the enemy near by displaying a treasured item.
    A branch containing three golden apples (or nine, depending on who you ask) that belonged to Manannan mac Lir. In the guise of a young man, Manannan used the apples to lure Saber into a meeting, as the sea god valued Saber’s wise counsel and wished to ask him some questions. After their meeting, Manannan gives the branch and a few other gifts to Saber as compensation for the trouble.
    The same “species” of apple as the ones possessed by Atalanta, Freya, and others. The apples make a bell-like sound when jingled, which induces a fascination effect to all who hear it. Magic Resistance or Mental Pollution of C rank or higher may negate it. Because the apples don’t need to be physically separated from Saber in order to work, bringing an enemy within reach of his blade can be attempted relatively often.

Discernment of the Poor: (A)
    Discernment of the Poor is insight to see through the opponent's character and attribute.
    A wise king often compared to his Roman contemporary Marcus Aurelius, Saber’s reputation as a knowledgeable man travels far and wide. It was for this very purpose that Manannan mac Lir lured him into the Land of Promise, as even a god acknowledged Saber’s mental and spiritual strength. This natural talent was only heightened moreso upon Manannan’s second gift to Saber; that being a golden cup. When a lie was spoken over the cup, it would immediately shatter. When a truth was uttered before it, it would then fix itself. A literal lie-detection mechanism that’s been folded in top of his intrinsic ability.
    Saber will not be fooled by excuses or deceptions from words. His nascent potential first exhibited itself when he was but a child being brought to court by his foster-father. There was a dispute regarding a man’s sheep having eaten some of the queen’s pasture, which the young Saber easily resolved.

Charisma: (B)
    Charisma is a composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent, and an ability inherent to Servants of the Saver class.
    The charisma level befitting the king of a nation. Perhaps the most beloved of the ancient High Kings of Ireland, Saber ruled justly and with little in the way of war before his tragic death.

Noble Phantasm
    Cruaidin Caididchean
    Sword of Relentless Radiance
    (Anti-Army, A)

The famous sword of Cu Chulainn. Well, obviously less famous than his blood-red spear, but a famous armament nonetheless. After all, it was with this sword and his (even more obscure) spear Duaibsech in which he fought nearly all of his battles; the Gae Bolg of course being more of a finishing move than anything else. This was the sword that decapitated Lugaid at the end of the Tain, and was brought back along with Cu’s head by Conall Cernach to Emain Macha.
    Years later, it somehow ended up in the possession of a man named Socht. Another man, named Dubdrenn, coveted the sword and wished to steal it, as Socht would never sell it. Through trickery, Dubdrenn managed to sign his name onto the blade just before the case was taken before Saber, to decide the true owner of the sword. Upon the discovery of Dubdrenn’s name on the sword, Socht conceded it to him. Saber, however, recognized Cruaidin for what it was; the sword Cu Chulainn had used to kill his own grandfather Conn of the Hundred Battles years prior. Thus, Saber had Dubdrenn pay restitution to Socht, and Saber confiscated Cruaidin for himself as blood tax.
    A “sword of light” thought to be a gift to Cu Chulainn from his father Lugh (as there are no other extenuating theories on where the sword came from), Cruaidin’s true effect has been lost, manifesting instead in a potential Saber Cu Chulainn. A gold-hilted silver blade, it carries the name of Dubdrenn written on it in runes. Roughly translated, “Dubdrenn” means “black drain”, a fact that plays into Cruaidin’s new ability. Cruaidin was obviously intended to be a Claiomh Solais, much like Airgetlam, Caladbolg, and Excalibur, however Dubdrenn’s name being present on the blade changes its fundamental activation and final effect, enacting the Origin of “Black Drain” upon it. It is a “beam sword” that simply vacuums all ambient light from an area until all that is left is the “beam” fired from the sword, rather than emitting the beam itself. Building upon its legend of cutting fate itself in the form of the Lia Fail (and Cu Chulainn’s other incredibly confusing Noble Phantasms), it is a “beam that exists before the beam is even fired”.

Claíomh Crimall
    Flowing Blood Sword
    (Anti-Unit, C)

Saber’s second sword, which began its life as his spear. Known for its poisonous attribute, during the Expulsion of the Deisi, Oengus Gaíbúaibthech grabbed Crimall from Saber and used it to blind him in one eye with a single scratch. A secret visible only by slight discoloration of one of Saber’s eyes, which he wishes to keep as hidden as possible. In some texts Crimall is described as simply a blade instead of a spearhead, never described with the Irish by-word for spear: “gae”. Through the machinations of his many court Druids, or because he believes a man shouldn’t rely entirely on a weapon not his own, either way Saber seems to have forcibly reshaped Crimall into a sword--actually it’s just a secondary sword Noble Phantasm layered over Cruaidin. Of course, this means that
    The Bloodstained Serpent
    Gae Crimall’s
    effect has also fundamentally changed; but Saber seems oddly fine with not being summoned as a Lancer.
    A short-range answer to Cruaidin’s long-range functionality, activation of Crimall’s True Name covers the blade in mana-charged blood. When releasing the strike, Crimall’s blood-stroke launches out in a straight line before turning into a sort of extensible whip at around 3 meters in length. A 3-dimensional strike that is capable of turning at harsh angles in a seemingly homing effect on the target, Crimall’s secret is that the eyesight Saber lost in one eye has been redirected to the blood of the sword. He is able to “see” completely around himself in the direction the blood is flowing, an excellent counter to surprise attacks.
    However, the blood is still his own, meaning that it Saber hasn’t been made to bleed as of yet, utilizing Crimall will weaken him physically. Because of the strange properties of Crimall sharing the same “body” as Cruaidin, only one can be used at a time.

History

Cormac mac Airt was an Irish High King who lived in the time of Fionn mac Cumhaill and the Fenian Cycle. He was Grainne’s father, and always feels a bit of cautious resentment of any representatives of the Fianna--especially since in some stories Fionn kills him rather than choking on a salmon bone as was prophesied. Has he mentioned he was born of a prophecy? And raised by wolves for a little bit?
    His epithet is sometimes given as Ulfada (long-bearded) which was used often as a name for an exceedingly wise person. Saber’s just a little embarrassed his seven month stint in Tir na Nog seems to have altered his personal concept of time enough that growing a beard is difficult.

Last edited by Express; August 15th, 2017 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Cormac: Good sheet overall, but there's some that I think worth commenting :

>Discernment of the Poor, I think you misused this skill. This skill is usually given to those who can detect lies because of their generosity or experience with the poor. If he can just detect lie, maybe you should rename it to something else.
    >Maybe you should also give more description on the 1st NP, so that it would be less confusing. Also, you should probably move the long lore of the sword into the Lore section, or at least lessen it a bit.

----------------------------------------
    BTW, no feedback for my Plutarch sheet?
    I was hoping for at least a comment or critique...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Plutarch (Lucius Mestrius Plutarchus)
    Looks really good and well done.
    The most interesting thing, personally, is his first Noble Phantasm. Its pretty creative and potential very powerful. Like, if he's able to compare his master to someone like Karna, then gain his powers, that would be insane. Whats more frightening is that if he's in a team, Plutarch can make all of them top-level overpowered servants. The preparation does make it more 'fair', though that wouldn't be too much of a problem since in a Holy Grail War, there are some time for preparation.

The second Nobel Phantasm is alright. Definitely reflects his role as an educator. I guess the major criticism I have is that it doesn't tell how long it takes to teach a subject. Yeah, the 'students' can learn and master anything, but how long would it take? A few hours, a day, a week?

Honestly though, I think this is one of your best sheets so far.