Page 587 of 858 FirstFirst ... 87487537577582585586587588589592597637687 ... LastLast
Results 11,721 to 11,740 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Hmm hmm, for your first (I think this is your first?), this is very nice. It gives information necessary to understand the NP/the character without prior knowledge of the figure, which is always nice. It explains how the NPs work in details too, that's another plus. Namean Lion is the main star here, and I like the concept behind its ability to stay materialize without the OG Servant.

There is stuff that I personally disagree with, mostly the Ranks. But I'll leave that toward people more knowledgeable with Greek myths.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Leo's rank seems too low for basically turning into a Super Saiyan, but other than that I like what you've done

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Hmm hmm, for your first (I think this is your first?), this is very nice. It gives information necessary to understand the NP/the character without prior knowledge of the figure, which is always nice. It explains how the NPs work in details too, that's another plus. Namean Lion is the main star here, and I like the concept behind its ability to stay materialize without the OG Servant.
    Thanks! Though I have written a few Servant templates in the past like Titania and Bellerophon, those were years ago. It was fun coming up with a new Servant.

I'm glad you like what I wrote up overall. I got the idea after hearing about how in some of the stories the heroes before Hercules would find a woman in the cave who would turn into the lion and eat them when they let down their guard.

Edit: Plus, I liked the idea of fooling people into thinking that it's just another genderbend of a famous hero and then surprising them with my little twist.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Leo's rank seems too low for basically turning into a Super Saiyan, but other than that I like what you've done
    Sorry that the rank is too low. I kind of felt that, since the zodiac sign's relationship to the Nemean Lion is more tangential, it would get a lower rank, but I guess I put it a little too low. What do you think would be a more appropriate rank for that?
    Last edited by Cataquack Warrior; June 1st, 2018 at 08:49 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think B-rank could be fine

Okay, I changed the Leo noble phantasm to a B ranking. Do any of the other ranks look off?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    After having a second look at the sheet, I've found some more things to comment.

Tympanus
    ' is fine, considering its effects are similar to Flucticulus Diana, which has the same rank. Not sure about the Nemean Lion's Hide. I let it pass at the beginning because I read it protected Alcides even from Gil's first-rank weapons, but as I said the other day, protections like Andreias Amarantos and God Hand are B-rank despite its OPness, Kavacha & Kundala being the only A-ranked.

Skill-wise, Monstrous Strength at the same level as Asterios seems a tad too high, perhaps B or B+ would be better. Shapeshifting, on the other hand, looks too low for being able to turn into a truck-sized lioness. Can't really say anything about Animalistic Logic and Wild Charisma

You have a good point about the Nemean's Lion Hide. Truthfully, the main reason I gave it the EX ranking was because of its special properties in reincarnating Berserker. I could change it to B if you think that works better.

I gave Berserker A rank in Monstrous Strength because that was the level of Asterios, another infamous Greek monster, so I thought they would be equivalent. I could reduce it to B if you want.

What do you think is a good level for Shapeshifting? I gave it a low rank because Berserker can really only change into a monster lion and back, but I could up the rank a bit.

Thanks for all the feedback!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You're welcome. As a reference for Shapeshifting, Atalante gets A rank while wearing the pelt of the Calydonian Boar.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If I'm not entirely mistaken, Atalante gets Transformation, which is less shapeshifting and more full control over your body. Hence the ability to form a bow from her own body.
    Shapeshifting, on the other hand, seems to have its rank determined by what limits one possesses. The Skill's description mentions appearance change and borrowing bodies as two uses, and at least through my twisted logic those roughly correspond with a change in appearance (with no changes in abilities or parameters) and literally becoming what you're transforming into (thus changing abilities and parameters into the physical ones of the form one is taking). The rank of the Skill seems to correspond with the variety (as in how many forms), type (just appearance or real shapeshifting) and "strength" (for example, being able to vastly alter your size) of the transformation. There's possibly also the angle of partial shapeshifting.

Getting to the point, however, simply being able to shift between "borrowing the body" of a truck-sized Divine Spirit (?) lion and a human woman depends on which one is her true form. If it's the former, then I'd suggest rank D and if it's the latter, maybe C+ or something to that effect.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, you're right, it's not Shapeshifting. Got a bit confused over there. Then about C-rank is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    If I'm not entirely mistaken, Atalante gets Transformation, which is less shapeshifting and more full control over your body. Hence the ability to form a bow from her own body.
    Shapeshifting, on the other hand, seems to have its rank determined by what limits one possesses. The Skill's description mentions appearance change and borrowing bodies as two uses, and at least through my twisted logic those roughly correspond with a change in appearance (with no changes in abilities or parameters) and literally becoming what you're transforming into (thus changing abilities and parameters into the physical ones of the form one is taking). The rank of the Skill seems to correspond with the variety (as in how many forms), type (just appearance or real shapeshifting) and "strength" (for example, being able to vastly alter your size) of the transformation. There's possibly also the angle of partial shapeshifting.

Getting to the point, however, simply being able to shift between "borrowing the body" of a truck-sized Divine Spirit (?) lion and a human woman depends on which one is her true form. If it's the former, then I'd suggest rank D and if it's the latter, maybe C+ or something to that effect.
    Yeah, that was kind of the thought process I used when determining the rank for the skill. Since Berserker's true form is the Nemean Lion, I think I'll keep Shapeshifting at D for now.

FABRICATED HISTORICAL CRISIS SYNDROME gyrowins's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hear me now, O heart of the World:
    Light of Man, Dawn of Life
    Reaching Antiquity, Seizing the Future
    I call upon the stories of heroes long forgotten
    With this hand I will make thee whole.
    Hear me now, God of Prophecy,
    I take up thy Mantle:

Virgilius Musagetes
    Chorus of the Incarnate Dawn

Servant List

Blog Entries
    Added.

Also, random nerd moment, but, if I'd found the faceclaim for Olga before opting for a more Nasuverse depiction, that'd be close to a perfect historical Jeanne d'Arc faceclaim for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You could add my list to the first page as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    You could add my list to the first page as well.
    Added.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Nice job on the OP, Gally.

I guess the ones with a compiled Servant List gets removed from the globag OP and instead have their own special place, eh? Noice.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

Blog Entries
    Wait, why remove them from the global list? It's more of a bitch to navigate that way.

Source: Kalevala, various Finnish poems.
    Class: Saber.
    Other Classes: Caster, Rider.
    True Name: Lemminkäinen, Ahti Saarelainen, Kaukomieli.
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
    Place of Origin: Kaleva, 9th century Finland.

Faceclaim

Unfortunately I cannot credit the author of the picture, as my Google reverse search yielded nothing but Pinterest.

Servant Statistics
    Parameters:

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: A
    MGI: B
    LCK: C-
    NP: C

Height: 175 cm.
    Weight: 65 kg.
    Dislikes: Ridicule, failure.
    Talent: Making enemies, making lovers.
    Natural Enemy: Louhi.
    Attribute: Earth.
    Traits: Human.
    Armament: Sword.
    Catalyst: Fragment of the Sampo, feather dropped by the Swan of Tuoni.

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance B: Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. Saber’s high natural magic capacity lends him the ability to resist magic, and he boasts to never have fallen victim to an enemy mage’s enchantments.

Riding B: All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. Saber employed all manner of transportation during his adventures, such as sleighs, chariots, boats and skis, and the ability to reign and ride Phantasmal Beasts such as the fire-breathing horse of Hiisi.

Personal Skills:

Bravery B-: The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. It also has the bonus effect of increasing melee damage, but causes recklessness when chasing victory. Dubbed with the title “Reckless Hero”, Saber often displays foolhardy courage, and often ends up paying for it.

Battle Retreat A: Allows safe retreat from battle unless physically incapable of doing so, but also forfeits advantages gained from battle. Saber is known for their uncanny ability to escape the wrath of enemies, though the skill’s effectiveness is sometimes foiled by his own actions.

Eye of the Mind (True) B: Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. Saber has collected a tremendous amount of combat experience in their lifetime due to his belligerent nature.

Divine Song B: The ability to speak magical incantations at an accelerated speed. By using a language from the Age of Gods, High-Thaumaturgy can be cast at the speed of Single-Action spells. The magecraft of their homeland, in which songs and words of power are used as a medium of magic. Its roots are similar to those of Divine Words, changing the world through the mere use of one’s words. Born with high magic-capacity and trained by his mother, Saber retains this skill at a high rank even when not summoned as caster. Physical reinforcement, limited shapeshifting and elemental manipulation are possible, however, healing and divination are impossible as Saber.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Tuliterä: Ancestral Sword of Battle
    Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Army.
    Range: 1-4/5-20.
    Targets: 1 person/40 people.

A flexible one-handed sword of gold and silver given to Saber by his father before his death. Rather than being a blessed or a cursed sword, Tuliterä is actually a nameless weapon of unknown origin, wielded by a line of warriors in countless conflicts both lost and won, just and unjust, as it merely desires to be used.

When grasped by Saber with the desire for war and conflict, Tuliterä responds by producing flames from his prana, increasing attack power. Skillful use of the flames can be used to distract the opponent and to create openings. Even powerful large-scale attacks are possible if enough prana is expended, but the maximum power output is determined by Saber’s desire for battle. If Saber does not see the battle as worthy or loses his battle spirit, the Noble Phantasm’s power is limited.

Luojan Voitehia: Labor of Mother’s Love
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self).
    Range: --.
    Targets: 1 person.

A single-use ability that recreates Lemminkäinen’s resurrection from their legend. After being killed by the blind Lapman, Lemminkäinen’s mother toiled without rest to bring back her foolish offspring. She pieced Lemminkäinen’s body together from tiny fragments, reconstructed the bones and tied the veins. To bring back the breath to their body, she employed the bee spirit to bring her healing balms. First from the forest, but it did no good. Then from the lands far away, but to no avail. Finally, an ointment of the Creator from the heavens was brought, and Lemminkäinen’s mother spread the balm over her son’s body, bringing them back from the dead.

A passive Noble Phantasm that activates at the moment of Saber’s death, Luojan Voitehia reverts any and all damage done to Saber’s form by forming a web of viscous liquid that connects all the injured or scattered parts and pulls them seamlessly back together. This negates any kind of “death” unless his physical form is completely erased from existence. Additionally, before activation, the Noble Phantasm slightly increases the effect of healing magic cast on them.

Lore, Personality and Relationships
    Lore:

Saber’s True Name is Lemminkäinen, “The Brave and Reckless Hero”. He was one of the protagonists in the Finnish epic Kalevala. His was a tale of hubris and humblement: born with a strong body and mind, attractive looks and magical prowess, but his quests of glory and revenge cause him to lose his wife, home and family and almost his own life. Eventually he joined in the fated battle for Sampo, almost dooming the voyage with his carelessness, but managed to protect the relic when it counted most. In the end, his only regret was that his prior pride and failings had caused his friends to think less of him, even as his many mistakes had humbled him over the years.

Lemminkäinen’s Lament
    Born during a time when the concept of “Hero” meant “One who has Power”, Lemminkäinen was obsessed with glory, war and women. But one of his dearest desires was to have a wife as wise and loyas a companion as his mother had been to his father. However, young and yet unwise, he sought a spouse only for looks and station, which led him to kidnap the Flower of Saari, the most beautiful of maidens, Kyllikki. He succeeded, even swearing love and loyalty to her as she was captive, but the years did not blossom in to love as he had hoped.

After Kyllikki had slept with another man, Lemminkäinen was enraged. He left his home and journeyed north to woo the Maiden of the Rainbow, the most beautiful daughter of Pohjola. He overcame many trials and enemies to get there, but the Maiden’s mother, the powerful ruler of the north, witch Louhi would not give her daughter’s hand easily. Annoyed by Lemminkäinen and his rampage through her lands, she set him three tasks that should kill him. The first was to catch the Elk of Hiisi, which Lemminkäinen managed with magical skis. Second was to bring Louhi the Steed of Hiisi, and he succeeded with magic and coercion. The third, however, was a task everyone new would be fatal: killing the Swan of Tuoni, the sacred bird of the River of the Dead.
    Consumed by pride and stubbornness, Lemminkäinen accepted this fatal task, only to be stabbed through with a viper by a blind northman he had belittled and humiliated along his journey to North. His body fell into the river and was hacked to pieces, eaten by fish and sucked in whirlpools.

Lemminkäisen’s mother sensed her son’s demise, and with great speed traveled to Northland. She forced Louhi to tell her of the fatal task and set out for the River of the Dead. Not seeing her son’s body anywhere, Lemminkäinen’s mother searched the river with a rake for all the broken pieces and fixed them with magic. But fixing his body did not bring him back to life, so she prayed for the aid of the Creator and received divine balm, which at least revived her son. The mother admonished her son for her foolish pursuits, his idea that he could force love out of people of he demanded it and to have accepted a quest that surely led to his demise.

Uninvited Guest
    Some years pass, and the Maiden of the Rainbow, daughter of Pohjola is to be wed. Lemminkäinen sent plenty gifts as a sign of goodwill, but is the only one not invited to the wedding feast. Insulted and enraged, Lemminkäinen leaved on his own accord to demand the respect he felt was due. Again he made the perilous journey through Northland, overcoming many trials with sword and spell. When he arrived, angry and arrogant, he demanded the best of seats, food and drink to be laid for him. When denied, he asked if he could pay for a drink, but the husband of Louhi, the Master of Pohjola conjured a pool of water on the ground for him to drink. A sorcerous battle ensued, but the two were matched in power. To settle the feud, they agreed on a sword duel. Lemminkäinen let the Master of Pohjola attack first, but the husband of Louhi was unable to land a single blow on him. Taking his turn, Lemminkäinen’s flaming sword lights his opponent’s garb on fire and summarily decapitated him in his indignation and planted his head on a pike. Soon Lemminkäinen realized his error, as Louhi was enraged and summoned all the heroes and mages of Northland to kill him. Fearing death he escaped by turning into an eagle and flying away.

At home his mother asks why he looks so fearful, and Lemminkäinen explained his folly. His mother told him that she could share the location of a secret island of refuge, if Lemminkäinen promises to not wage war for sixty years. Driven to a corner, Lemminkäinen agreed and set sail for the island.

The island accepted him with open arms for his beautiful magic singing and knowledge. He feasted, merried and shared the bed with many maidens, but quickly begun to miss and worry for his family. He decided to return back to home to his kin. The journey was perilous, but with his might and the help of strangers he succeeded, only to find his homestead and family scattered and burned. He wept for days, wept for his evil ways, that his own sins were paid by his kin and people. However, he noticed a small trail leading away from the devastation. His mother had miraculously survived. She pleaded him to not set for a journey for revenge, but Lemminkäinen wouldn’t hear it.

He sought out an old brother in arms, Tiera, to aid him on his revenge. Tiera, worried for his friend, decides to accompany him. They found soldiers to fill their warship and journeyed north to Pohjola. Louhi divined the return of Lemminkäinen and sent her most powerful son and hero, Frost, to kill the warband. Frost froze the seas themselves, stranding the ship, the cold killing all but Lemminkäinen and Tiera: Lemminkäinen new the Birth of Frost so his cold could not touch him. The two continued on their journey, but Frost’s cold had killed all the animals and plants. They traveled for days without food. When Lemminkäinen asked Tiera if they would survive, his friend wisely answered: “No, our bodies shall feed the carrion birds. Woe to be the mother of sons who perish in the snowy expanse of Pohjola.” The thoughts of his mother sobered Lemminkäinen, and he realized this journey would surely kill them. He swallowed his pride and returned home, escorting his friend back to his family.

Capture of the Sampo
    The effects of Frost’s intense winter rippled through all the lands of Suomi. But Pohjola had come to possess the magic treasure Sampo, an infinite source of grain, salt and gold, so the lands of Louhi prospered while others starved. One day, Lemminkäinen saw the warships of ancient sages Väinämöinen and Ilmarinen sail past his island, and asked to join them on their expedition to ask a portion of the endless prosperity of the Sampo. Lemminkäinen asked to join them, implying that if they got in trouble, three heroes were better than two. Thoughts of sweet vengeance did enter his mind, but the well-being of Kaleva was also at stake. The mighty heroes accepted him as a part of their crew. Eager to make an impression, Lemminkäinen managed to embarrass himself as often as not, but Ilmarinen consoled him that accidents happen to all mortals, heroes and even gods.

When they arrived to Pohjola, the three heroes asked a share from the Sampo’s infinite wealth, but Louhi would hear none of it. She threatened to raise her entire host against them, but the powerful Väinämöinen put the entire Pohjola to sleep with his magic song. The Sampo was locked inside a mountain, behind sturdy portals and roots bound it deeply in place. Väinämöinen cracked the mountain with his magic, Ilmarinen used enchanted oil to dismantle the gates and Lemminkäinen attempted to rip the Sampo free, but because it was bound by roots he only managed to sink it deeper into the ground. So he reigned the giant Bull of Pohjola and plowed the roots around the Sampo and sneakily carried it back to their waiting vessel. The heroes departed with Pohjola still sleeping.

On the boat Lemminkäinen was ecstatic for their success, how they would save the people of Kaleva and gain fame and glory, and bursted into song even as Väinämöinen tried to stop him. Lemminkäinen’s tones were dissonant and loud, and they woke the heroes of Pohjola, and Louhi, from their slumber. Enraged by the theft of the Sampo, Louhi sent many powerful spells to sink them, but Väinämöinen countered each one. So the forces of Pohjola set upon their own ships in pursuit. Unable to outrun them in their vessel, Väinämöinen was forced to conjure a mountain to wreck Pohjola’s fleet. Louhi, undeterred, built herself the body of a giant eagle from the fragments of the fleet, let the thousand heroes of Northland to mount her and grasped the Sampo in her talons. Lemminkäinen swiftly cut off all her claws but one, and Väinämöinen smote the heroes riding her. In the chaos Louhi’s last talon swung the Sampo into the churning sea where it was shattered to fragments and lost forever. However, the fragments still held powerful magic in them, and they brought prosperity to all the lands of Suomi.

The final mention of Lemminkäinen in legends is about him complaining to Väinämöinen to not take him with him to free the Sun, Moon and Fire Louhi had stolen to avenge for the Sampo.

Personality
    Saber has a temperamental and self-centered personality, but his many mistakes and hard-learned lessons have made him a slightly more considerate and well-meaning individual, though many of his good acts are at least half motivated by a desire to “appear” to be a “selfless hero”, rather than actually being one.

Always ready for a good and glorious fight, Saber believes that wealth, might and glory gained without struggle are of little value. In combat, Saber respects rules if they are established, but will use any dirty trick to win if they are not explicitly forbidden, and will always escape from a battle if it would lead to death, unless his mental state is compromised enough.

Saber enjoys the company of women, and will gladly join the bed of any maiden he fancies if asked, but one of his dearest wishes is to be a loyal husband to a loving wife and have a family of his own. It would be likely that should he find a true partner, he would even give up the sword and live the quiet life of a farmer with his family.

Saber wouldn’t get along with a bossy or overbearing master, but would show mutual respect so long as that respect was offered first. He would not hurt innocents to gain an advantage in the Grail War and would actively oppose such methods. He would not be satisfied to win without fighting, but is absolutely open to use “dishonorable” tactics that give him an advantage including lying, taunting or unfair maneuvers.

Saber’s wish for the Grail is to be reborn as a person he wished he could be and undo the mistakes that caused his family to suffer. He wouldn’t admit this to anyone willingly, though.

Relationships
    Powerful and Noble Servants
    Saber feels great respect for noble servants, but would try to one-up them and make himself look good in their eyes constantly. He might even try and use their weapons to prove his own skill.

Good-looking Female Servants/Masters
    An incorrigible ladies' man, Saber will relentlessly hit on any female that strikes his fancy, but is very particular about consent. If his advances are shut down, he will seize flirtations and adopts a rather professional demeanor.

Mother-like Servants/Masters
    Saber has great respect and adoration for mother-figures, and will treat most of them with utmost respect and courtesy. Only when such a person is dubiously evil, a witch, and has many good-looking daughters will his reaction adjust to a more hostile stance.

Notes on methodology and sources.
    Author’s Notes:
    I like to pride myself on research, so I will first clarify that this servant version of Lemminkäinen is an interpretation of the mythical character’s story and nature based heavily on the text in Kalevala but with a few discrete liberties taken to create a more nuanced character. The poem form is a lot more ambiguous and less detailed that the celtic mythos for example, which does leave more room for creative freedom while making solid arguments rather difficult.

I like Lemminkäinen as a character (though not necessarily as a person) because of his myriad flaws and how his story is a perpetual cycle of paying the consequences of his actions. While the story ends rather abruptly, I like to think that he learns from those mistakes like the audience is supposed to learn from his, creating this sort-of lovable asshole who does stupid things for stupid reasons, cares for his family and regrets his mistakes, perhaps being a slightly good person when push comes to shove.

On Servant Statistics
    Like all of the four protagonists in Kalevala, Lemminkäinen was both a warrior and spellcaster and one of the most powerful humans in the mythos, though his prowess pales comparing to demigods. Still, I feel that it’s enough to justify an increased rank in MGI.

Luck is an interesting thing in Lemminkäinen’s tale, since he seems to have both amazingly good and amazingly bad luck, which I feel like the C- represents rather well.

Also, I switched the places of STR and AGI, since while Lemminkäinen is strong-ish in the context of the mythos, he doesn’t usually overpower his foes with raw strength, as his favorite tool of wanton destruction is magic. And most of his myth is about going somewhere, kicking ass and running from the consequences, so higher AGI seemed more thematically appropriate.

On Skills
    The Divine Song rank B is copied from a similar multiclass character Cu Chulainn, who boasts Runic Magicraft of similar rank.

While most of the battles Lemminkäinen has been a part of is simply alluded to in the text. However, the theme is constant through all the cycles he is in and the prowess he displayed in his duel with the master of Pohjola (implied to be the strongest swordsman/sorcerer next to the actual antagonist Louhi) was enough to give a solid rank of Eye of the Mind, which would likely be more potent than Chevalier d’Eon’s by comparison.

Battle Retreat at rank A is a reference to the fact that he’s really good at escaping especially from groups of angered men whose daughters he has been playing around with. Also the lesson he learned at the end of the second cycle that sometimes not battling is the best option.

On Noble Phantasms
    Like mentioned in the sheet, Lemminkäinen’s weapon of choice doesn’t actually have a name. In truth, many things, people and places that probably should have a name don’t have those, which might have something to do with the concept of “Birth Words”. Similar to true names, Birth Words are stories on the origins of things, and knowing them gives you power over them, very similar to a concept of a True Name. But I suspect that this de-emphasis on names and focus on knowing how something came to be, names themselves are actually secondary in importance.
    On a related note, here are a a passage describing Lemminkäinen’s sword from the english translation of Kalevala:

“Grasped he then the sword of battle,
    Firmly grasped the heavy broadsword
    That Tuoni (Death) had been grinding,
    That the gods had brightly burnished,
    Thrust it in the leathern scabbard,
    Tied the scabbard to his armor.”

I interpret this to be less literal and more symbolic, but since it’s spoken by the narrator that tells the truth more often than not it could go either way. The blade itself is also described to be very flexible, which might imply it’s actual historical inspiration was a steel sword when the poems themselves were conceived during the Finnish Iron Age:

"Took his father's sword of magic,
    Tried its point against the oak-wood,
    Tried its edge upon the sorb-tree;
    In his hand the blade was bended,
    Like the limber boughs of willow,
    Like the juniper in summer."

The capabilities of the weapon I took from a two different sources:

“Finds the fence of molten iron,
    And of steel the rods and pickets,
    In the earth a hundred fathoms,
    To the azure sky, a thousand,
    Double-pointed spears projecting;
    On each spear were serpents twisted,
    Adders coiled in countless numbers,
    Lizards mingled with the serpents,
    Tails entangled pointing earthward,
    While their heads were skyward whirling,
    Writhing, hissing mass of evil…

...But the hero, Lemminkainen,
    Little cares, nor feels disheartened,
    Draws his broadsword from its scabbard,
    Draws his mighty blade ancestral,
    Hews the wall with might of magic,
    Breaks the palisade in pieces,
    Hews to atoms seven pickets,
    Chops the serpent-wall to fragments;
    Through the breach he quickly passes
    To the portals of Pohyola.”

and:

“When the skillful Lemminkainen
    Swings his mighty blade of magic,
    Fire disports along his weapon,
    Flashes from his sword of honor,
    Glistens from the hero's broadsword,
    Balls of fire disporting, dancing,
    On the blade of mighty Ahti,
    Overflow upon the shoulders
    Of the landlord of Pohyola.
    Spake the hero, Lemminkainen:
    "O thou son of Sariola,
    See! indeed thy neck is glowing
    Like the dawning of the morning,
    Like the rising Sun in ocean!"
    Quickly turned Pohyola's landlord,
    Thoughtless host of darksome Northland,
    To behold the fiery splendor
    Playing on his neck and shoulders.
    Quick as lightning, Lemminkainen,
    With his father's blade of battle,
    With a single blow of broadsword,
    With united skill and power,
    Lopped the head of Pohya's master.”

These seem to indicate the makings of a straightforward attack power/projectile noble phantasm, while uninspired in the vast landscape of similar weapons at least feels in-character to the fiery personality of its wielder.
    The second Noble Phantasm, Luojan Voitehia, is inspired by and works identically to the poem “Lemminkäinen’s Restoration” (which you can read fully in the link I provided :3) where his mother fixes his broken corpse and brings life to him with a divine liquid. I’m not certain how the ranking of “extra life” NPs work, but since the rank is mostly irrelevant anyway I don’t really concern myself with it.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Wait, why remove them from the global list? It's more of a bitch to navigate that way.
    ... Oh yeah.

Ffffff

---

Also, Lemmin... Something. For a first post, the Lore is literally half of the sheet. The actual sheet itself is pretty... Erm... Bland? Decent? He seems to be a very template-ish sheet of how a Saber is usually is...

But hey, I don't write sheets thag often, so don't really take that into account on how to write your sheets. Also, welcome to BL!
    Last edited by MehKitteh; June 2nd, 2018 at 09:09 AM.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lumikoi ,first warmly welcomes here and Second your Lemminkäinen profile is very good ! About that you allowed yourself creative liberties in the in the interpretation is okay especially if they have dokumentative gaps.keep it up !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...