Page 685 of 858 FirstFirst ... 185585635675680683684685686687690695735785 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,700 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That seems almost like the opposite of summoning; offering to release them from her instead of calling them to her. I guess you could still argue she can summon dead heroes by releasing them from the land of the dead, but since Heroic Spirits are on the Throne and not in Hel's afterlife, it still doesn't make much sense IMO. By the way, any thoughts on my Calais and Zetes Servant?
    Well it can be called something like the oppposite but i think a being of her caliber can reverse certain processes or spells the death included and she could summon Heroic Spirits because she is through her magecraft able to make miracles that are on the Level of the third magic because ist not a wide stretch to atest a Death Goddess the handling with Souls as something natural ,or what do you say ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Language Man View Post
    All of the Latin in this sheet is as perfect as a man who has taken two years of Latin can make it. If you want a translation for something just ask away, I don't have a life anyways.
    Aside from Latin, what other languages are you fluent in?
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    Aside from Latin, what other languages are you fluent in?
    Old English mostly, but I have some basic vocab in Italian and a very very basic understanding of Akkadian and Nahuatl.
    Edit: Oh yeah, and I can count to 99 in Welsh.

Also RIP my sheet as last post in previous page.
    Last edited by Language Man; October 25th, 2018 at 07:38 PM.
    He who is the Spræcwalda, his words hymns and his thoughts archaic.
    ᛖᛏᚩᚾ ᛒᚣᛏᛏ ᚨᚾᛞ ᚳᚩᛏᛏ, ჭამა კონდახით და საშოდან, Bwyta cig a chath
    Spoiler:

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    By the way, any thoughts on my Calais and Zetes Servant?
    Hm, there's not much to say. The idea of the second NP is a cool way of integrating the brothers' legend.

This is just personal preference, but I'm not satisfied with practically every 2-in-1 Servant being polar opposites in terms of personality. I want to see lovey-dovey couples, or cute twins that do everything together!

Blog Entries
    Old English mostly, but I have some basic vocab in Italian and a very very basic understanding of Akkadian and Nahuatl.

That's mighty impressive, I'd say.

If so, then I hope you can help me later on, assuming I'm making sheets associated with such.

I'm in your care, Language Man.

Now Revamped!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    That's mighty impressive, I'd say.

If so, then I hope you can help me later on, assuming I'm making sheets associated with such.

I'm in your care, Language Man.
    I am always happy to help with language related problems, it's a passion of mine after all. I'm here every day on the lookout for sheets to correct the languages of so you can trust I'll always be vigilant.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Hm, there's not much to say. The idea of the second NP is a cool way of integrating the brothers' legend.

This is just personal preference, but I'm not satisfied with practically every 2-in-1 Servant being polar opposites in terms of personality. I want to see lovey-dovey couples, or cute twins that do everything together!
    (Remembers Three Musketeer sheet)

Oh dear.

Now Revamped!

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Eh, I'm okay if it's 3 or more people. But the typical chill/hot-headed duo is starting to get boring, if you ask me. Same as robotic characters wanting to be human.

Actually, it's just bias because of Gān Jiàng and Mò Yé

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Eh, I'm okay if it's 3 or more people. But the typical chill/hot-headed duo is starting to get boring, if you ask me. Same as robotic characters wanting to be human.

Actually, it's just bias because of Gān Jiàng and Mò Yé
    The "chill/hot-headed" contrast was kind of based on the brothers' characterization in Riordan's Gods Of Olympus series, as I otherwise didn't have much inspiration on their personalities. Also, I was kind of begging for it when I chose Dante & Virgil as their FC. Funnily enough, my first dual Servant pair, Castor and Pollux, were more of the lovey-dovey type, though being one of my earlier sheets the personality isn't as fleshed out.

I just realized that this actually isn't my second dual Servant, since I wrote up the Brothers Grimm as one too. I guess that sheet was so lackluster/unmemorable I accidentally forgot about it...

- - - Updated - - -

Your sheet was very good. It's kind of odd seeing a Saber with so little offensive capabilities, but I can see that was very much intentional to how you conceived him. Very cool imagery with his NP too. My only critique is that I think Deus Solus could probably be swapped with Protection Of The Faith, since the way it's described ("absolution of the body and soul that is born from faith") strikes me as rather similar.

Your sheet was very good. It's kind of odd seeing a Saber with so little offensive capabilities, but I can see that was very much intentional to how you conceived him. Very cool imagery with his NP too. My only critique is that I think Deus Solus could probably be swapped with Protection Of The Faith, since the way it's described ("absolution of the body and soul that is born from faith") strikes me as rather similar.
    Thank you, I actually completely forgot about Protection of the Faith. I was kinda focused on making my sheet have Latin strewn about it so I wasn't all too diligent with finding skills that equated with the custom one I had made.

Also thanks for noticing the imagery, I did my absolute best to put the scene I wanted in my mind into words so it's nice to have it recognized.
    Last edited by Language Man; October 25th, 2018 at 08:07 PM.
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, I actually completely forgot about Protection of the Faith. I was kinda focused on making my sheet have Latin strewn about it so I wasn't all too diligent with finding skills that equated with the custom one I had made.

Also thanks for noticing the imagery, I did my absolute best to put the scene I wanted in my mind into words so it's nice to have it recognized.
    Just realized I forgot Albanus was a Ruler and not a Saber (must've gotten confused with the huge-ass sword in his FC), so you can ignore the second sentence of my comment. And yeah, I always like it when Servant sheets can work in some cool imagery rather than just "Noble Phantasm x does effect y". It helps to get across the sense of grandeur and awe that should be associated with Heroic Spirits.

Just realized I forgot Albanus was a Ruler and not a Saber (must've gotten confused with the huge-ass sword in his FC), so you can ignore the second sentence of my comment. And yeah, I always like it when Servant sheets can work in some cool imagery rather than just "Noble Phantasm x does effect y". It helps to get across the sense of grandeur and awe that should be associated with Heroic Spirits.
    His face claim has such a giant sword because his imagery as a saint includes a sword constantly, so I would imagine he would be summoned with one. I tried by best to find one that wasn't so warlike but I couldn't and that was the best alternative other than those edgy "wicked priests" that wouldn't work at all.

I also read your sheet and it's nice, I actually like the dynamic of hot and cold personally. I would critique your language but I'm no Greek Major. The second NP is great too, it lends itself well to plot situations.
    Last edited by Language Man; October 25th, 2018 at 08:19 PM.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Post Scriptum
    All of the Latin in this sheet is as perfect as a man who has taken two years of Latin can make it. If you want a translation for something just ask away, I don't have a life anyways.
    Although I've taken Latin for six years (and Greek for five), I've largely forgotten most of it. I don't want to get myself spinecrushed by Seika (assuming she's not abandoned this thread in disgust long ago), but a few quick comments that I double checked for accuracy:

1. Your consistent use of pronouns ("ego", "mihi", etc). Latin omits those except for emphasis. You don't really seem to emphasize, though. It seems awkward.
    2. A couple of weird word choices. Solus instead of unicus, the weirdly literal translation of respondere when excusare might fit better, fatum...
    3. You mess up the order of a sentence sometimes. For example, "Sumus servi Dei" - Latin is SOV, not SVO or VSO. You're allowed to deviate from that but it has to be deliberate. You're putting the focus on "sumus" here, while it would be better served on "servi Dei".
    Last edited by NMR-3; October 26th, 2018 at 04:22 AM.

1. Yeah, sorry about that. We recently reviewed pronouns in my actual lessons so they were fresh in my
    mind.
    2. My Latin vocabulary is actually a bit limited. Even after two years my notes only contain 8 or 9 pages of words so I did what I could. It’s not an excuse though I suppose, the internet exists for that very reason.
    3. Yeah that’s inexcusable on my part. I got fatigued with my Latin after a while and began to slip in my following of Latin sentence structure.

Thanks for pointing this stuff out by the way, I actually have a final exam for the ending of my second year soon and I’m sure writing sentences is on it.
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1. Yeah, sorry about that. We recently reviewed pronouns in my actual lessons so they were fresh in my
    mind.
    2. My Latin vocabulary is actually a bit limited. Even after two years my notes only contain 8 or 9 pages of words so I did what I could. It’s not an excuse though I suppose, the internet exists for that very reason.
    3. Yeah that’s inexcusable on my part. I got fatigued with my Latin after a while and began to slip in my following of Latin sentence structure.

Thanks for pointing this stuff out by the way, I actually have a final exam for the ending of my second year soon and I’m sure writing sentences is on it.
    ach jy i know that latin is a heavy language i had also some years in it and i was glad to get it behind me. but one is for sure it exist many languages i want to learn ,aswell as to finaly also be able to read the japanese Kanji has someone some learn tipps ?

- - - Updated - - -

oh and language man good first Profil !
    what would you saint say to my Goliath ?

- - - Updated - - -

and my next profile on which i work is Nidhöggr.
    and probably finally my Saladin or jimmu.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    and my next profile on which i work is Nidhöggr.
    What has poor Niddhogg ever done to deserve that?

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Assassin
    True Name: Tenkai
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Japan (16th century)
    Armament: Talismans

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MANA: B
    LUCK: B
    NP: C+

Skills
    Class Skills

Territory Creation - Rank A: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    Creation of a 'Temple', which is superior to a 'Workshop', becomes possible. As rebuilding the temple of Enryaku was one of his projects, Caster’s territory comes with strong anti-demonic qualities. Oddly enough, this effect applies even to those who only possess a demonic reputation.

Item Construction - Rank B+: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.
    Caster’s Item Construction deals mainly in the creation of different kinds of sutra talismans. These talismans can have a variety of effects, ranging from sealing or banishing spirits to healing or cursing a target. Though not a magus in life, Caster’s proficiency in manipulating the flow and transfer of worldly power manifests as actual Magecraft in his Servant incarnation.

Personal Skills

Information Erasure - Rank E: The removal of information regarding the Servant's True Name, abilities, and appearance from the records and memories of all eye witnesses, including the opponent, following the conclusion of an engagement.
    For Caster, this effect only applies to his True Name, as well as details relating to it. However, evidence of the engagement is not removed from the scene, and by way of logical deduction, the Servant's identity may be revealed by examining those evidence.

High-Speed Sutra Chanting - Rank C: The ability to speak magical incantations at an accelerated speed in regard to sutras.
    Chanting time of sutras is reduced to roughly half of the usual amount of time.

Noble Phantasms

The Teaching’s of Buddha’s Compassion
    Tenkai no Daizokyo

Anti-Unit, Rank B
    The sutras that Caster personally authored, as well as notable sutras that made their way to his collection. Rather than existing as a collection of works, these are teachings that Caster carries in his heart, as a part of his being. In order to activate Tenkai no Daizokyo, Caster needs only recite one of his sutras.
    Unlike the rest of the sutras he uses, which act in a similar way to some methods of Magecraft, Tenkai no Daizokyo embraces the core principle of sutras as teachings. Through these teachings, Caster can bring an individual closer to enlightenment. Though the teachings don’t have a direct application in battle, Tenkai no Daizokyo’s effects can grant temporary plus modifiers to the target’s parameters and Skills, stemming from heightened understanding and increased morale.
    Nefariously, if Caster successfully instills all of his teachings to a target, they will be treated as having achieved enlightenment. Thus, freed from their lingering wishes and ties to the world, the target will fade away from existence entirely, having achieved freedom from suffering. Those thus ascended will then be able to benefit others as Buddha. In the case of Servants, they will ascend back to the Throne of Heroes. Oddly, a Servant returning to the Throne of Heroes in this way may retain their experiences during their manifestation, even if this would normally be impossible. It is also possible for Caster to ‘brainwash’ someone with a wicked heart through his teachings, forcing them into good.

Description
    Dislikes: Overblown responses, fire
    Talents: Studying sutras, manipulation
    Natural Enemy: Oda Nobunaga, Akechi Mitsuhide

Caster’s true identity is Tenkai, the Monk of the Southern Light.

Tenkai appears as a wise old monk, and though he speaks and acts openly, there is something subtly wrong with the figure he presents. The sincerity with which he carries himself is charming, and Tenkai is rather adept at ingratiating and swaying others.
    The monk teaches others freely, always seeking to impart wisdom on both enemies and friends, as well as seeking opportunities to teach himself. Though his goal is to guide others to enlightenment and Buddhahood, Tenkai views himself as unworthy of such a status. However, in the right circumstances, he is not above manipulating someone through his words and teachings, progressing even his own goals while he guides others.
    Inwardly, Tenkai is aware of his somewhat sinister reputation. Not a soul besides himself knows who he really was before becoming ‘Tenkai’. He vehemently rejects any association he might have with Akechi Mitsuhide, but the popularity of the legend that Tenkai was Mitsuhide seems to have affected his personality to some extent.
    Tenkai is instantly friendly with those Heroic Spirits that could be considered ‘enlightened’ in a way. He is also fond of those seeking knowledge and understanding, wishing nothing more but to guide them on their journey. Though he is compassionate, he feels disdain for craven murderers and those to whom the ends justify the means. Tenkai is conflicted due to his opinions on figures like Oda Nobunaga, and as such feels a great sense of unworthiness.
    Tenkai, though acknowledging his status as a Servant, still tries to be a teacher for his Master, just as he was to his master in life, Tokugawa Ieyasu. Though he would prefer to serve a righteous Master, he is understanding of an evil one as well, viewing the task of guiding a lost soul as both greater in importance as well as a challenge.
    Tenkai’s wish is for all of creation to achieve enlightenment, reaching buddhahood. Tenkai actually views his wish as a sort of test, as the teachings of Tendai Buddhism state that all beings possess the potential to become Buddhas. As such, he is curious to whether or not the Grail can actualize such a wish.

Lore
    Not much of Tenkai’s earlier life is known, and concrete evidence or documentation of his past does not exist. Each record which claims to list his family, birth, and home province differ dramatically from one another, and none of them have yet to be proven genuine based on currently known historical records.
    Tenkai was a Tendai Buddhist monk, and had studied at many of the great temples of his era. Though the land was in turmoil during the Sengoku period, Tenkai had managed to live a relatively peaceful life. He was at Enryaku temple when Oda Nobunaga laid siege to it, and miraculously managed to survive the massacre by hiding among the stone statues in the temple garden.
    Eventually, Tenkai came to meet Tokugawa Ieyasu on his travels, and made an impression on the man who would eventually grow to become the third uniter of Japan. Once Tokugawa became shogun, he sought out Tenkai and offered him a position in his court. Tenkai accepted, coming to serve as liaison between the Tokugawa Shogunate and the Imperial Court in Kyoto. During this time, Tenkai worked to undo some of the damage the massacre at Mount Hiei had done to Tendai Buddhism as a whole, and headed a restorative project on the Enryaku temple complex.
    Towards the end of his life, Ieyasu entrusted Tenkai with his last will regarding matters of his funeral and his posthumous name. Tenkai selected gongen rather than myōjin, and after death Ieyasu became known as Tōshō Daigongen. The monk also oversaw the construction and practices for what would become the Tokugawa family mausoleum, Kanei-ji. These services gave Tenkai an additional measure of authority in the court, which he used to surreptitiously further his own causes.
    Tenkai continued serving the second and third shoguns, Hidetada and Iemitsu. During his later years, Tenkai was praised as an influential saint within Kantō who reportedly taught and shared close ties within the shogunate. If a samurai wished to be granted amnesty, they reportedly tried appealing to the Monk of the Southern Light.
    Tenkai died due to natural causes in 1643. His posthumous title, Jigen Daishi, was granted in his honor five years later. Tenkai's authored and taught Buddhist sutras were compiled, completed, and practiced by the Tokugawa shogunate for generations.

Notes
    I probably butchered the key points of Buddhism with that NP. Sorry about that.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gotta give you credit for not taking the easy route and making Tenkai secretly Mitsuhide.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    But-but Tenkai is Mitsuhide in Guda3!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I choose to interpret that as being Mitsuhide just capitalizing on that take of the legend.
    And yeah, I had intended to have Tenkai be Tenkai from the outset, but he originally had Innocent Monster to represent the Mitsuhide bit. I couldn't find much besides speculation by modern fiction writers on the Tenkai = Mitsuhide bit, so I scrapped that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Saber, Rider
    True Name: Maeda Toshiie
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Origin: Japan (16th century)
    Armament: Spear

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: A
    MANA: D
    LUCK: D
    NP: C+

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank D: Grants protection against magical effects.
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills

Golden Rule - Rank C: A Skill that refers to the measurement of one's fortune to acquire wealth.
    Lancer was granted rulership of one of the wealthiest domains of his country. However, as his province only became wealthy after Lancer’s death, the rank of this Skill is not that high.

Eye of the Mind (False) - Rank C+: A natural talent to foresee/sense and avoid danger on the basis of an innate 6th sense, intuition, or prescience. The accuracy of this instinct can be augmented by experience. The ability also grants an effect of offering resistance against penalties caused by visual obstructions.
    The ability to avoid danger and analyze battle conditions by means of natural talent. Besides the defensive capabilities granted by this Skill, Lancer can also intuit the best location in which to strike a target - in other words, sensing weak points.

Independent Action - Rank C: The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's Magical Energy supply, the Master can concentrate their own Magical Energy on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they cannot supply Magical Energy due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them is by utilizing Command Spells.
    It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for day without a Master. Besides having an independent streak to him, Lancer was once discharged from his master’s service for a year. Despite this, he stubbornly followed his master’s troops into battle, fighting on his own.

Noble Phantasms

Beheading Spear Thrust
    Kubitori-Matazaemon

Anti-Unit, Rank C+
    A technique of Lancer’s, manifested as a Noble Phantasm. It was honed during his year-long exile from his master’s side, during which Lancer fought by himself. Kubitori-Matazaemon’s name came from the same era, being part of the title of a warrior Lancer slew with the perfected technique. As Lancer took the man’s life, he decided to take the man’s title for his technique.
    Kubitori-Matazaemon could be described as the technique of a showoff, using a long spear to decapitate a person with a single thrust. Though his weapon is slightly modified for this purpose, it still uses a relatively unwieldy piercing weapon in a slashing attack. Striking at a precise angle, Lancer will pierce the target’s neck, passing through the spine as well as most of the soft tissue supporting the head. A high-damage attack with a good chance to kill an opponent instantly.
    As a technique specialized for use against humans, its effect on beasts and monsters is obviously less than usual.

Headhunter’s Ascension
    Suemori no Tatakai

Anti-Unit (Self), Rank B
    A Noble Phantasm born of one of Lancer’s most notable deeds. It takes the form of enhancement stemming from one’s achievements. However, this is not Suemori no Tatakai’s original form, but rather the form it takes when manifesting in Lancer’s current class. His actions at the Siege of Suemori propelled Lancer into the position of the greatest lord of his region, and later one of the most powerful lords of Japan.
    Through killing others, Lancer can increase his own abilities, as long as the act had witnesses. By slaying a worthy foe, Lancer will have ‘proved’ his abilities, and will receive a permanent rank-up to one of his parameters. The parameter raised is the highest-ranked parameter the target had. In the case of multiple options, the parameter raised will be chosen at random. However, as such an act is neither honorable nor impressive, killing ordinary humans will have little to no effect. Despite the increase in ability, Lancer’s magical energy consumption will not increase at all.
    In truth, this version of the Noble Phantasm is at its heart a brash attempt to outdo his rival, Toyotomi Hideyoshi.

Description
    Dislikes: Monkeys, dishonor
    Talents: Single combat, stubbornness
    Natural Enemy: Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Cú Chulainn

Lancer’s true identity is Maeda Toshiie, manifested here in his youthful aspect as Matazaemon.

Oda Nobunaga’s loyal ‘dog’, his playful and open nature belying his reputation as being reserved and stern. Though not as outstanding as certain others in his master’s service, Toshiie is similar to Nobunaga in mindset. Though not quite as flexible, as his master, Toshiie is brash and self-confident, with a stubborn loyalty towards the one he serves. He is also prone to outlandish ways of thinking, and loves to show off his talents.
    Though he seeks glory in battle, Toshiie views himself as above certain underhanded measures… Most of the time. He craves praise from his Master, and might resort to ambushes and ‘killstealing’ if left without attention for long enough.
    Toshiie is greatly jealous of Hideyoshi’s fame in comparison to his own. Though he came to accept this fact later in life, as ‘Matazaemon’, he seethes with jealousy of his rival’s success. As such, the desire to outdo the monkey is one of Toshiie’s prime motivations.
    Respecting all fellow warriors, Toshiie is likely to find no end to challenging rivals among the ranks of Heroic Spirits. Though having some sense of provincialism towards those originating from his own country, he is curious to see the kinds of fighting styles the rest of the world has developed. As for those Servants who utilize more indirect or underhanded methods of battle, he simply views them as ‘not warriors’ and holds no real ill will towards them.
    Toshiie is very loyal to his Master
    Toshiie holds absolute loyalty towards his Master, no matter what kind of person they are. Almost like a dog, he does everything in his power to please them, though he has a preference for impressing them with violence.
    His wish to the Holy Grail would be to outdo his rival, Toyotomi Hideyoshi. He would likely try to twist this wish into also helping Oda Nobunaga survive to unite Japan out of sheer loyalty, trying to work these two wishes into single one.

It is also possible to summon him as a Lancer in his older, wiser form.

Lore
    Maeda Toshiie was one of the most important, influential and successful figures of the Warring States Period. As a child, Toshiie served Oda Nobunaga, four years his senior, as a page. Nobunaga apparently called the youth Inu, or “Dog”, because of his common name, Inuchiyo. However, Toshiie was more than a page, and became a close friend of the wild and unruly Nobunaga, flowing him in dressing in outlandish fashions and causing general mischief. It is also believed that he met the young Toyotomi Hideyoshi (still known at the time as Kinoshita Tokichiro).
    On the orders of Nobunaga, Toshiie was rewarded with becoming the nominated head of the Maeda clan, despite having four older brothers. He received this position on the death of his father. Toshiie served Nobunaga first as a member of the Akahoro-shu, the “Red Cape Brigade”, a unit under the direct command of Nobunaga.
    It is said that during a certain battle against Imagawa Yoshimoto, Toshiie was not allowed by Nobunaga to participate in this battle but he nevertheless did, taking one enemy head right in the morning and two during the main battle. But Nobunaga was angry and did not allow him to come back into his service. But one year later Toshiie again decided for himself to participate in the Battle of Moribe where he took the head of Adachi Rokubei, a retainer of the Hibino family and a tough hero nicknamed “Kubitori-Adachi“. But Toshiie was also able to take another head in this battle and for these deeds he was finally rewarded by Nobunaga with an increase of his salary and being made Ashigaru-Taisho, Captain of the Foot-soldiers.
    Toshiie distinguished himself fighting under Shibata Katsuie in the battle against the Asakura clan in northern Japan. For his service, he was rewarded with land in Kaga worth 1,000,000 koku, making Kaga the wealthiest domain of the Edo period.
    Following the death of Nobunaga, Toshiie would see battle against his friend, Hideyoshi in the Battle of Shizugatake, in which he fought under Shibata colours. With the defeat of Shibata Katsuie, Toshiie then became a general in Hideyoshi’s army. In this role, he was to fight and destroy another friend, Sassa Narimasa following the Siege of Suemori Castle, when Toshiie’s forces arrived late at night to reinforce the castle’s defenders, surprising the castle’s attackers, Sassa Narimasa and his 15,000 samurai.
    During Hideyoshi’s rule, Toshiie was named one of the Council of Five Elders, a team assembled by Hideyoshi to rule in the stead of his infant son, Hideyori, Toshiie was among those at Hideyoshi’s deathbed in 1598 when he was ordered to take direct care of the infant Hideyori. Maeda Toshiie was to take a strong stance against Tokugawa Ieyasu’s actions following Hideyoshi’s passing, but he himself died at the age of 61 a year before the battle at Sekigahara.

Notes
    This sheet was originally going to have more dog things with it to go with Toshiie’s nickname, but I decided not to put too much Nasuverse nonsense in (partly due to Nobunaga and Hideyoshi following similar trends).
    Something to do with Inugami would’ve been nice I guess, would’ve been cooler than Suemori no Tatakai’s ‘level up’ effect.