Page 699 of 858 FirstFirst ... 199599649689694697698699700701704709749799 ... LastLast
Results 13,961 to 13,980 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Wayland the Smith

Nicknames: Völundr, Wéland, Galan, Wiolent, Velentr, Wélandaz, Lord of Elves
    Origin: Northern Europe including Britain

Alignment: True Neutral
    Class: Caster

Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: E-
    Mana: A
    Luck: C

Dislikes: Kings
    Talents: Smithing
    Natural Enemy: King Niðhad

Class Skills-

Spoiler:
    Item Construction: EX
    -Wayland is the master smith of the ancient Germanic world. He crafted the armor worn by Beowulf, the swords of Roland and Ogier the Dane, The swords of Robin Hood, and even Caliburn itself. His mastery of smithing was near unmatched by any.

Territory Construction: B+
    -Wayland was able to forge masterpieces no matter where he was, though, he was knowledgeable on how and where to build the best forges in existence. While inside his territory, any item constructed by Wayland is two to three times as powerful.

Personal Skills-

Spoiler:

Primordial Rune: -
    -Wayland, being the husband of a Valkyrie, knows the runes from the Age of Gods. These runes he was able to incorporate in his works, making them the legendary blades they became.

Elven Blood: A
    -Elven Blood is a skill that represents the power that comes with elven blood. Wayland, son of the giant Badi and grandson of a mermaid, is also King of the Elves and a full blooded elf himself. This spiritual connection with the world allows him a great deal more mana than he would have if summoned without the skill. Because he’s an elf, Wayland is born “more beautiful than the sun”. This beauty and luminous form increases Wayland’s natural charisma and other’s trust of him. Also, because of his “luminous” form and his increased connection to the spiritual world, Wayland is able to expel mana in the form of pure light in order to blind or stun enemies.

Charisma: B
    -Wayland, Lord of Elves, is the overload of all elves. Because of this rulership over such powerful beings, even if he was not born with a large amount of natural charisma, the skill itself has manifested in accordance with this fact, even if it’s more manipulative charisma than normal.

Divinity: E+
    -The line between elves and other spiritual forces such as gods is blurry at best. This close relation to divinity gives Wayland a low ranking in terms of divine power.

Noble Phantasms-

Spoiler:
    Wayland’s Smithy: E - B [Anti-Unit (Self)]
    The Everburning Smith of the Dead
    “Laid to rest in my barrow,
    And yet my hands never sleep,
    I will forge for eternity in my smithy.”
    Targets: 1

-Wayland, even after death, continues to forge. His resting place in Oxfordshire a secret forge for himself. Even hidden from the world, men still came to him for help, it is said that “At this place lived formerly an invisible Smith, and if a traveller's Horse had lost a Shoe upon the road, he had no more to do than to bring the Horse to this place with a piece of money, and leaving both there for some little time, he might come again and find the money gone, but the Horse new shod.”
    If Wayland is able to return to his forge in England he is able to create original weapons along the caliber of Durendal and Mimung, and if he puts enough of his mana into the weapon, he could maybe create a blade as powerful as Gram, though it would take an incredible amount of mana. Also, if Wayland is to die in battle, his master can make the trip to his ancient barrow and still converse and ask for weapons from the spectral smith.

Halr’s Smiþþe: E - EX [Anti-Unit]
    The Churning Source of Europe’s Legends
    “I am known by a hundred names...Wayland, Völundr, Wéland, Velentr,
    The master smith of all Þeudiskaz, my blades number legends like stars in the sky,
    My forge always burns, for it is Halr’s Smiþþe.”
    Targets: 1

-Wayland was the master smith of the Germanic world. The things he forged would then be used by great kings and heroes, making them famous in their own right. These famous blades, spears, armors, everything, was all made by Wayland. This means all of these belong to Wayland. These weapons Wayland can construct from nothing and use effortlessly, as he is their creator. This means armors like the near invincible chainmail Beowulf wore, swords like Durendal, and even the legendary blades of epic power Gram and Caliburn are all fair game.
    -The Noble Phantasm Halr’s Smiþþe allows Wayland to recreate and wield the prototypes of anything he created without restrictions of class, including the weapons used by other servants. The prototype versions of swords like Gram and Caliburn are accessible by Wayland, though, since their legends have not been made, they will not have their usual Noble Phantasm attached to them. When the most powerful weapons such as Gram are created, three rings of yellowish-orange runes will appear around Wayland. The top and bottom rings will spin clockwise, while the middle ring will spin counter clockwise. The top ring is the Elder Futhark alphabet, the middle ring is the Younger Futhark alphabet, and the bottom ring is the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc alphabet. The rings will spin faster and faster and then expand making a dome of runes above Wayland. A great light will start to shine from Wayland’s hands and then explode in a modified Mana Burst, a more powerful version than his usual one. This is when the blade is fully materialized, and when the burst dissipates, Wayland will be standing there with the blade in his hand.

Weaknesses-

Wayland, because of his previously cut hamstrings, only has the same amount of agility as regular humans.

Personality-

Spoiler:
    Wayland is strange, described by Jessie Weston as "the weird and malicious craftsman, Weyland". He was not evil, nor was he good. He never strove to be a hero, but the things he made were used for heroic purposes, yet he stooped to the levels of villains when he felt wronged, and his creations were also used for evil. He is sour and bitter and constantly complains about his ankles and how he’s no master warrior, just a smith.

Wayland is very adept at manipulation, he can lead people by their noses into pits of fire, and only when they feel the inferno licking their heels will the people realize they’d been duped. He will probably not trick his master though, as he only manipulates those he feels have wronged him in some way. He will also be quite reluctant to make a few items, those being Mimung, and the miscellaneous items made during his time in captivity.

Desire: Wayland just wants to go home.

Relationships-

Spoiler:
    EMIYA:
    Another creator of weapons it seems, I welcome your presence.

Siegfried / Sigurd:
    Ah, how did you find Gram? Nevermind, silly question, it is one of my masterpieces so there’s no question it was sublime.

Artoria Pendragon:
    It’s...destroyed? Oh Caliburn, what a foul fate you met indeed.

Beowulf:
    Beowulf? Truly? What a marvelous coincidence indeed! I’m hope my mail came in handy during your tribulations, warrior.

Hector:
    You converted it into a spear?! I...let me see, how did you manage this?

Robin Hood:
    Hmph, if you aren’t going to use my sword I wonder why you even have it.

Last edited by Language Man; November 19th, 2018 at 11:28 PM.
    He who is the Spræcwalda, his words hymns and his thoughts archaic.
    ᛖᛏᚩᚾ ᛒᚣᛏᛏ ᚨᚾᛞ ᚳᚩᛏᛏ, ჭამა კონდახით და საშოდან, Bwyta cig a chath
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wayland: Nice seeing your second sheet here LanguageMan.

It's pretty interesting and well fleshed-out (I particularly like the imagery of the rings of light for his 2nd NP), but I do have a couple critiques. First off, Flying really shouldn't be a Skill. Medea can fly with her cloak too and didn't get a unique Skill for it. If anything, it should be an extension of his Item Construction given it was performed with a tool he made rather than his own power. Second, giving Wayland both Rune Magic and Primordial Runes seems a bit redundant and needlessly wanked. I'd suggest just going with one or the other. Rune Magic at rank EX strikes me as a bit iffy as well, but I'm not familiar enough with Wayland's legend to say whether that's justified.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I personally have the same problems with Rune Magic and Primal Runes. Just stick with Primal Runes for Item Construction.

Also should have added a Muramasa section in the Relationships section.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; November 19th, 2018 at 11:23 PM.

I'll stick to Primordial Rune I suppose, but I gave him EX for Rune Magic for the sole reason that the blades he created turned out to be so magically powerful, and in Norse tradition to make a blade "magical" it was usually the case that runes were carved into the blade. So I kinda just put two and two together and assumed he would need supremely powerful Rune Magic to create something like Gram.

Also thanks for the critiques, I'm not all too well versed in the Nasuverse so I'm always fearful I get things wrong.
    He who is the Spræcwalda, his words hymns and his thoughts archaic.
    ᛖᛏᚩᚾ ᛒᚣᛏᛏ ᚨᚾᛞ ᚳᚩᛏᛏ, ჭამა კონდახით და საშოდან, Bwyta cig a chath
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Language Man View Post
    I'll stick to Primordial Rune I suppose, but I gave him EX for Rune Magic for the sole reason that the blades he created turned out to be so magically powerful, and in Norse tradition to make a blade "magical" it was usually the case that runes were carved into the blade. So I kinda just put two and two together and assumed he would need supremely powerful Rune Magic to create something like Gram.

Also thanks for the critiques, I'm not all too well versed in the Nasuverse so I'm always fearful I get things wrong.
    Don't worry, you got most everything right aside from Rune Magic because what you just described essentially is in the realm of Primal Runes. When added to anything, they make it super powerful.

In my bedroom, probably wrapped under bedsheets
    Formatting on a new forum is a little hard but I guess I'll offer something up as a long time lurker. Any tips to do spoilers on posts? (Hopefully the ones I did here are fine...)

Servant

Class Name:
    Berserker

Nicknames:
    The Oh Victorious King
    He Who Laments That Beautiful Star
    The Monstrous King of Ingratitude

Alignment:
    True Neutral

Weapons:
    His Mind with Wits and Guile primarily
    His Sword

Wish:
    To go back in time and save Saint Joann, to ignore the advice of his Councillors, his position and saved her...
    "I wish to save the Saint, Joan of Arc. Is that honestly a terrible wish to ask for of the Grail after all I have done?"

Class Skills:
    Mad Enhancement (EX): At this rank of Mad Enhancement, Berserker's abysmal parameters are Ranked-Up across the board but his mental state is lacking in cooperative reason when compared to a normal individual. Here, he is focused on "Always making the right choice" which makes him headstrong about himself, making it near impossible to hold a conversation with an opposing viewpoint, being simply unwilling to process or understand it once he has decided on a course of action. It was something he inherented from his father Charles VI known as The Mad King who experience episodes of psychosis and madness, obtaining a condition to a lesser degree that still heavily skewed his point of view. It was a noticeable condition to his very close confidantes about his apathetic and calculative nature. Making it difficult to connect to Berserker emotionally despite the rare occasions where something within him rumbled and stirred for a brief moment.

Manifesting itself in notables way such as having no taste for dangerous adventures, prestigious operations, or sumptuous exhibitions. With his innate indolence and his shyness along with his good sense and wisdom induced him to prudence of his rule. Seen also in his foreign policies (as when he refused to participate in a crusade urged on him by the Pope). He was adept at minimizing the influence of various factions over the internal affairs of his kingdom, showing a demon of intrigue and guile that is masked behind his aloof and bubbly nature.

Personal Skills:
    Keeper of the Kingdom (A+): A composite skill that is a mix of 'Charisma', 'Military Tactics' and several more mundane skills that allows Berserker to operate a Kingdom at its best operational capabilities given the circumstances. Giving several bonuses when establishing a base of operations, maintaining its condition, and all operations that occur both within and outside of it. At this rank, suitable for Berserker who restored economic and commercial prosperity back to the French after inheriting the throne amidst of the Hundred Years' War under very dire and desperate circumstances. When his Noble Phantasm is used, this skill receives it bonus modifier that allows even the most impossible of situations to be at least partially solved until a more permanent solution could be found.

The Game of Royalty (B): This is a skill that does not conceal one’s presence, but rather makes one's presence fail to register as hostile. Causing others to misunderstand Berserker's relationship to them, including mistaking them for a kind neighbor, a harmless pebble, or as the most beloved person. In this case, he reserves an air of naivety and innocence around him that makes him more incompetent looking than he is, surrounding himself with 'counselors' that would advise him on what to do. Truthfully, he is the mastermind behind many of the decision that he has often attributed to them to draw away attention from himself and maintain his facade.

These Eyes that Gaze over the Hearts of People (B): The foundation that makes up Berserker, a pair of Pure Eyes that are capable of gazing into the depths of an individuals soul to determine their true nature. It is a more absolute version of 'Human Observation' that divulges the information of people that he looks over, possessing such an ability from his birth that has jaded him. Allowing him to place judgement on a individual for the shape that they will acquire usefulness in the future with extremely outstanding accuracy after studying them for a time.

Coming to the French Court at a young age with his mother, he was permanently marked by his childhood at the courts where intrigue, luxury, a taste for the arts, extravagance, and profligacy all prevailed at the same time that repulsed him. Fragmenting his mentality from what he saw in the royal courts that scheme self-gain, the churches that spewed deceit, and the ugliness in the world.

He decided to try and do better, righting some of the wrongs in the world and give his people the peace that they deserved while they were under his rule. It was an uphill battle for him to achieve peace, for 12 years of his rule, he had known only war and the worst of political intrigues from those who sought to oppose him. He could neither reconquer his kingdom nor conclude peace with the invader and in his discouragement, he thought of retiring to Spain or of ceding to English pressure, to simply end his fruitless struggle.

Meeting eventually that special person that changed his whole world. Joan of Arc, the visionary peasant girl from Lorraine, traveled across the country to fortify the King’s intentions to fight for France. What he saw in there was different from those of the Church, with even the Pope not coming close to her piety and devotion. If anything after seeing her, he was sadden for her involvement that would no doubt lead her life astray but her decision was placed in stone and thus he gave her his influence to back her words and actions. Charmed by the girl, they became close acquaintances that even he thinks that it was a grand mistake on his part to never had save her.

Base Parameters:
    Strength:
    C

Endurance:
    C

Agility:
    B

Magical Power:
    C

Luck:
    B

Noble Phantasm:
    B

Noble Phantasms:

[/spoiler]
    Noble Phantasm One
    Name:
    Danse mon chéri - Car c'est notre histoire

B

Type:
    Anti-Unit / Support

Range:
    1-5

Description:
    Berserker's Noble Phantasm is the act of designating a person under his blessing and rule, just as he did to Joan of Arc to place her story among the ones in the Grail. It is the rare ability of 'Hero Creation' which are the techniques which are necessary to birth a hero and raise them to become an individual of impressive influence. With everyone potential different from each other, the most exemplar of any individuals that he has met and chosen was Joan of Arc who blossomed and became the Saint of Orleans, becoming a Heroic Spirit.

Enacting upon that same authority that he possesses as the King of France, this Noble Phantasm grants the individual the strength to forge their story, granting the skill 'Journey of Blossoming Flowers' at the same rank as this skill. Granting a bonus modifier to any actions that constitutes having the targeted individual move closer towards their goal. So long as Berserker has their permission, tells them its effects, and knows their end goal, this Noble Phantasm can be used on them. This unfortunately cannot be used at full efficiency on a individual of already impressive caliber such as a Servant, for they have already reached the apex of themselves, as to push them further would perhaps only rank up a parameter or their skill and maybe improve their equipment but for so little to be gained.

As their journey progresses, this Noble Phantasm grows along with its boons becoming more potent with them until the height of their journey where it blossoms, a journey from humble beginnings to the fulfillment of their journey and finally their eventual ruin. At the height of this Noble Phantasm's power, it is capable of pushing even a mundane magus to being on the caliber of possessing 'E-Rank' physical parameters and causing them to develop notable skills. With a shorter term goal, immediate improvements may be seen but for those that are further in the future will see a slower incline in power but more overall improvement.

As with the tale of most Heroic Spirits, for all the greater they shine in excellence means the greater they must fall. Once their mission has been accomplished and some time has passed, they will receive a negative modifier to all actions afterwards that grows in potency until their eventual ruin.

Noble Phantasm Two

Name:
    Ils murmurent - Pourtant j'ignore

D

Type:
    Anti-Unit

Range:

Description:
    Berserker's final Noble Phantasm is the ability to summon the closest of his advisers that he possessed at court. The near entirety of the people that he 'listened' to at court were mostly there as decoys for him to place attention on or manipulate them to fulfill the tasks that he needed to do. Those who were his confidants are the ones that he is able to summoning, being useful to him in the capabilities that they possessed, they were all delegated with work that he trusted them with.

They take on the form of wraiths, with their combative capacities being quite abysmal that they are at the level that the weakest of servants would be able to take them down without a fuss. Only in their full group would they pose a threat to a weaker servant and even then it would be unlikely they would win or even stall for much time. However, that is not unexpected for a group of advisers that remained in court for most of their lives, being more suitable to be attendants and organizers who uphold the conditions of base of operation to optimal levels. To use this Noble Phantasm is surprisingly mana efficient so long they stay within Berserker's area of operation, increasing its drain on him the further they get for him.

True Name:

Edit 1 & 2:
    Huh... doubt posted spoilers... Fixed it. Now to go hide somewhere
    Last edited by ArtifactCreator; November 20th, 2018 at 02:40 AM.

It's an okay sheet for Charles VII, and you clearly have a good grasp of his history, but I'd say the Madness Enhancement Rank is too high. It should be E Rank at highest, not EX, and his first NP is a bit too wanked IMO. Also, I'd say his magic power and strength should go down because he wasn't much of a fighter and he existed in the Age of Man without any real blessings.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    However, EX isn't necessarily 'above A+++', and can also mean that said parameter or Skill works differently enough so as to bethe impossible to quantifythe on thethe ordinary scale (which often seems to be the case with ME). As for magical energy, Charlie still lived as a part of Jeanne's legend, which might justify the heightened rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    However, EX isn't necessarily 'above A+++', and can also mean that said parameter or Skill works differently enough so as to bethe impossible to quantifythe on thethe ordinary scale (which often seems to be the case with ME). As for magical energy, Charlie still lived as a part of Jeanne's legend, which might justify the heightened rank.
    Still don't think that applies to Charles' ME because he himself wasn't insane in life, even if his dad had glass delusion and frequent rages.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For stats at least its "above A+++"

Quote Originally Posted by cm3
    The rule for status ranks. They go from A~E. EX is an exception; it denotes strength to the point where there is no longer meaning in comparison. Numerical representations of ranks are E=10, and then every rank is +10. For A+ and B+, the + is a momentarily multiplication. For example, C+ (30) is only momentarily 60 and surpasses rank A (50). Also ++ means 3 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Still don't think that applies to Charles' ME because he himself wasn't insane in life, even if his dad had glass delusion and frequent rages.
    That's certainly true.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    For stats at least its "above A+++"

Well, it was just my opinion.
    Not that it's much of an argument, but Spartacus' EX Endurance doesn't really seem to translate to greater toughness, since he appears relatively easy to injure. Hence my understanding that EX isn't necessarily flat-out above other ranks (as Spartacus doesn't seem to suffer from his injuries despite having them).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fgo profile
    His body is made of muscle...
    Constitution: EX rank
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Charles VII actually did become insane at the end of his life due to his sickness. I agree that Mad Enhancement EX doesn't really fit him tough, especially since it doesn't reference his actual fit of madness at all. You didn't really make him "mad", even on a broad sense.

The sheet itself is pretty good for a starter, but it also has a good number of flaws. I already adressed the Mad Enhancement issue. I think that his skills are "too personalised", if that makes sense. I feel that it would have been better to gives him Human Observation rather than make up a new skill for his ability to judge people. I also think that his Game of Royalty should have an effect like Uncrowned Martial Arts or Powerless Shell, i.e. make people see his abilities as weaker than they really are or simply don't recognise him as a servant in the first place. The Espionage knockoff is too generalist and not really fitting.

The first NP is good, it fits his legend and it has an interesting effect. The second one is a bit plain to me, tough. I think you should have added an effect about how people tought his advisors were the real power behind his throne. Maybe you could make it so that the wraiths he summon form a copy of him that is recognized as the Berserker servant instead of him?

Also, I feel that none of his abilities really fit the Berserker class. His Mad Enhancement, and thus his class in general, feel tacked on compared to the rest of the sheet. Again, this is a pretty good sheet for a beginner and I hope my criticism only help you to get better.

Blog Entries
    Hence my understanding that EX isn't necessarily flat-out above other ranks.
    Back to F/sn Lancer vs Archer where despite both having C in Agility Lancer easily outshines Archer in speed and mobility. Circumstances. Like, Artoria could've had EX rank strength but let's say without magical energy burst constantly up the most she could probably do is lift her chopsticks for more of Shirou's cooking.

Each rank is above the one before it on paper but you have to take into consideration the Servant who has it.
    Last edited by Historia; November 20th, 2018 at 05:33 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer has A rank AGI

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    Cyr's info is hidden behind collapses. And yeah, back-lifting 2 tons does not warrant EX-strength.
    Ex rank strenght for a modern servant i mean B+ would be somehow okay but the only man i would atest is Herakles or perhaps débatable the Titan Atlas otherwise only Beast servants like Jourmoungandr or Behemot can have this amount of physical strenght.
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; November 20th, 2018 at 11:13 AM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That Charles VII looks pretty good for your first sheet, Artifact. I was hoping to see him, since he's related to my next sheet

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    That's certainly true.

Well, it was just my opinion.
    Not that it's much of an argument, but Spartacus' EX Endurance doesn't really seem to translate to greater toughness, since he appears relatively easy to injure. Hence my understanding that EX isn't necessarily flat-out above other ranks (as Spartacus doesn't seem to suffer from his injuries despite having them).
    Endurance/Constitution is HP, not DR

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    That Charles VII looks pretty good for your first sheet, Artifact. I was hoping to see him, since he's related to my next sheet
    Jeanne des Armoises?

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes