Page 757 of 858 FirstFirst ... 257657707747752755756757758759762767807857 ... LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,140 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Thanks Sunny! It was well worth waiting for this sheet.

EDIT:

Lambda-Nu: Admittedly I thought those two ideas would spark the interest of the Chinese sheet experts like Shiki-pon, SleepMode, or Daneel Rush, but they're available for anybody to grab up and fill out.
    Last edited by Dragolord09; April 18th, 2019 at 06:14 PM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eyyyy

It was nice to see its final form
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Kaguya-hime sure looks interesting; it did a great job at giving her a unique flair fitting with the Type Moon setting. Now I'm sort of curious to see what her corrupted Alter Ego Servants would be like...

Icarus is also pretty neat; I hadn't imagined he would be a candidate for the Beast class, but it makes a lot of sense after reading the entry. I do kind of wish that there had been a specific bio section for his story, but I managed to get a fair understanding of things by reading the various pieces of lore scattered throughout the entry.

On another note, I'd like to submit an Alice in Wonderland-inspired Servant. Please let me know how things look, or it's the death penalty!

Queen of Hearts ~ Red-White Queen of the Looking-Glass

"Like blood flows through the heart, all ways belong to me, so you'd better do as I say ~ or off with your head!"

Class: Caster

True Name:
    Red Girl in the Mirror
    Bloody Mary [Anne]

Appearance: A mature but still youthful lady dressed in royal attire of old, fancifully decorated with various card symbols (especially hearts) and splotted with blood here and there. She also sometimes dresses like a chess piece, entirely in either red (to blend in with the blood) or white (to make the blood stand out better). Once in a while, usually when she loses her temper or is particularly gloomy, she turns from an adult to a petite little girl. Regardless of form or attire, she has bright-red hair like blood, and her eyes always brim with madness, destruction, and loneliness.

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Master:
    Illyasviel von Einzbern

Like: Hearts, Executions, Games, Tarts, Nonsense, Being Right

Dislike: Not Getting Her Way, Wasting Time, Losing, Boring Things

Lore:
    Tale of a Bloody Mirror and Her Wonderland
    We begin our tale in the reign of Queen Mary I of England. Ascending to monarch of a nation that had recently turned Protestant, the devoutly Catholic queen faced much pressure from all sides, made all the worse because she had yet to produce an heir. Then, one day, the queen began to show signs of pregnancy, and there was much rejoicing as she prepared to welcome her precious Anne into the world. But some embittered mages, seeking to humiliate the queen's triumph, cast a forbidden ritual on the queen. They stole away the baby - and a fraction of Mary's own soul due to it still being in the womb - and trapped it in a mirror. The gossip that she faked the entire pregnancy, combined with how she would occasionally catch glimpse of a girl who looked like her lost daughter in the mirror, drove the queen to madness. But the mages responsible had little time to rejoice, for in her rage she unleashed a wave of persecutions against the Protestants she blamed for all her woes - with the conspirators being one of the many sent to the execution block.

Eventually, the queen died, and the bloody massacres ended. But the girl in the mirror, who knew of nothing but blood and sorrow, endured in her prison, looking out from mirrors at a world she could never reach. Many would summon Bloody Mary by purpose or accident, and while on occasion she would grace them with their fortunes, most often she would lash out at them in pain and sorrow. She eventually discovered that, having been taken to the mirror while she was still forming in the womb, she was a being of pure blood, and could manipulate it as a her right. She would trap victims in illusions and, following the example of her mother, rule and break them as a proud, vicious, childish, and lonely queen.

Then, one day, Bloody Mary laid her eyes upon a girl of pure innocence and imagination - a girl who looked almost exactly like her own image. Not wishing to let this chance escape from her, Mary Ann invited the girl into the mirror, planning to switch places and escape her miserable existence as nothing but a cursed reflection. But something unexpected happened: that little girl, so kind and filled with wonder, befriended the queen, and shared with her fanciful ideas for a world of fantasy and fun. Was the Alice who left the mirror truly her, or did the Queen of Hearts carry through with her plan in the end? Only the bloody girl-queen in the mirror knows the truth, but ever since, something changed in the mirror, which was no longer a void of blood and darkness but rather a vivid wonderland of its own.

Personality:
    Mad Child-Queen of Nonsense
    The Queen of Hearts is a capricious and violent tyrant who insists that all ways belong to her and chops off the head of anyone in her way. Her moods are whimsical and prone to change at a moment's notice; often she will make a random decree and threaten bloodshed if it's not fulfilled in half a moment's second, only to later rescind it and demand the heads of those who "disobeyed" her. She can be very elegant, regal, and polite like a queen one moment, and the next she'll be throwing a childish tantrum at some perceived slight.

If anything, her chaotic frenzies are only heightened by her stubborn rejection of anything considered "sensible", "real", sane", or, as she'd call them, 'boring". It almost seems as if she purposefully finds a way to twist around logic into impossible knots. Another name for her could be "Mary Quite Contrary" in how she insists on refuting anything she's told, even things she favored just a minute before. The only way you can get her to agree with you is if your argument is nonsensical to begin with, for such things delight her. A lonely girl of nothingness who views reality as sour grapes she can only gaze at from beyond the looking-glass...

Perhaps influenced by her mother's example, Bloody Mary believes that the right way of a queen is to always be right and punish anyone who says otherwise. And she thinks the best punishments are the bloodiest ones. She often throws kangaroo-court trials of supposed offenders, and sometimes it seems like she'll make up crimes if she doesn't have any at hand, just so she can impose her order on others. In some way, to her all other people are not living things but simply items: playthings to toy with, tools to use, victims to break. She gives the most respect for people who embody her ideal of a "righteous ruler", but she also has a soft spot for children and will spoil them silly.

She often demands that her "subjects" play in games that she seemingly makes up on the spot - and changes on the spot, too. The only real rule seems to be that she always wins, and certainly does not lose - not out of any sense of competitiveness, but rather just believing it right for the queen to win and never lose.

Strangely, for all her harshness and hot-temperedness, the Bloody Queen never seems to show genuine hate toward others. It may be more that she does not truly understand the concept of pain or death, since such things are outlawed by her own edict in her Wonderland. And however much she throws a fit when people argue with her, she seems to dislike passivity more, pouting when people just cave in and agree with her from the start. In fact, much of her madness seems almost like a girl playing pretend in her mother's clothes, or throwing tantrums so the attention goes to her. The truth of the matter, as exemplified by her true form, is that the queen is nothing but a child, who never had the chance to grow up or even live.

Bond Lines

Summoned: Rule 3.14159...and so on: I grant you the honor of serving the unmatched Queen of Hearts, the Red-White ruler of all Wonderland. Don't worry, I'll pay you generously twopence a week, and jam every other day - just never today. Well, what are you waiting for? I didn't make you my servant for you to sit around in uffish thought. Fill up my glass with treacle and ink, no later than yesterday - or else give me your head on a platter!

Battle: I see you, my manxome foe. Say, do let us play pretend: I'll be a ravenous hyena and you'll be a juicy bone!

Victory: Of course I won - the rules wouldn't have it any other way!

Death: ...Huh, I guess I lost my head in the excitement. But I forbid you to cry. Rule Negative One: Do not mourn for something that never was.

Birthday: You naughty deuce, where's my unbirthday present? You're awfully untimely about these things. I don't care if it's your unbirthday or birthday; it's my unbirthday today, and Rule 365 says that the queen's party accounts for all celebrations of the day. Just...let me know what I can give you tomorrow, when it's not my unbirthday. It's not like I have a birthday to celebrate, after all...

Level 1: Hold still, pawn, I need to punish you! For what, you ask? Why, the nerve - for what you will do to me not too long from now! If I know your future, I may as well be prompt with discipline rather than waste time waiting. No, I won't tell you what you'll do wrong - what's the point of punishing you for something that will never happen? But you are being a good servant now, so I suppose that I'll give you a reward when you commit your crime.

Level 2: I suppose the Queen of Hearts, Red Queen, and White Queen are different people, but it's not like it's that odd to mix them up. After all, you can't believe anything you hear, much less anything you believe in. Stories are always get mixed up and turned upside-down and inside-out. Personally, I love pretending to be multiple people. At least...it makes things a little less lonely when you have no one else to talk to.

Level 3: Is Mary Ann my real name? "Anne" was just the name of the girl the queen wanted to give her daughter - maybe - and that babe never existed. And Queen Mary was someone real - and I certainly am not. Perhaps it would be better to have no name at all - then when someone tried to call you to do something, they wouldn't have a name to call, and I could do as I please. Still, she had a name, and if I am her, I may as well have one, too.

Level 4: Yes, I am not real, but don't feel bad. It's against the rules for anyone to pity the queen, even the king. And why should I feel bad about it. It's fun existing in a world that doesn't exist. Reality's full of all sorts of pain and misery, so why would anyone want to live there when they can be in one where the only rules are the ones you make up? Then...why did she leave me? "If life is but a dream, is that truly living?" I never had an answer to her question, though, traveling with you between Time, I think I am starting to get closer to the answer.

Level 5: Rule 0 - the queen does not exist. I don't suppose you'll consider staying with me, when things end? The Wonderland beyond the Looking-Glass is a beautiful dream, which means it is nothing at all. I sometimes wonder, does a reflection exist if there's no one to look at it, or even a mirror to begin with? Can the story continue if the author is silenced or never was? It's not so bad, mind you - if even simple things like having tea on a golden afternoon can be entertaining, who says not existing is boring? But... it would be a little less lonely if I wasn't alone in not existing.

Relationships

Nursery Rhyme: ...No, you're not her. I was hoping that maybe...but that was just a dream, I suppose. But even if I saw her, she wouldn't be the person I knew, just as I'm not who I was yesterday. No matter. Now come on, let's play ring-around-the-rosie!

Mozart: “Twinkle twinkle little bat, How I wonder what you’re at. Up above the world you fly, Like a teacup...”. Huh, it’s “Twinkle twinkle little star?” Nah, too boring. Sing it the right way, or it’s off with your head!

Vlad III: People thought you were a monster just because you used a lot of stakes! That's so mean! Putting the stakes into the heart just shows how much you loved people, otherwise you would have put them somewhere else. Maybe if you wore a dress they would have know it was a Miss Stake to hate you.

Atalanta: I admire your dream of making children happy. Not that I care - I'm a grown-up, got it? So, want to play a caucus race? I'll even be generous and let you win - because no one ever wins the race, even me!

Thomas Edison: You know, for someone who lost his head, you still have too much "logic" stuck inside your head. I have the mind to cut it right off and switch it with a unicorn's. Or we could have the two fight for the right to be your crown!

Hessian Lobo: Oh, fooey! You big meanie, it's no fair losing your head ahead of time! How am I supposed to cut off your head if there isn't a head?

Ishtar: Rule 59 - no one's allowed to be bigger than the queen, so your big breasty thingies are a no-no death penalty!

Diarmuid: You're so pretty, like a rose I want just pluck its head off of. Then I could keep the head with me and even play croquet with it. Or if you want something romantic, I could cut out your heart instead; the term for love is "stealing the heart", right?

Francis Drake: There's something about you I don't quite trust. Something I remember about the time after mama's reign sort of rings a bell...

Sasaki Kojirou: Just goes to show how "impossible" and "not real" are just things foolish people tell themselves. If you never existed, then there's nothing you can't do! Though now you make me wonder: how is a swallow like a sword?

Kiyohime: Such a tragic story - and the moral is, if you're saved by the bell, you're already in the coffin!

Medusa: Hmmm... I wonder, if you were to show me your eyes, would I turn to stone, or would you? The mirror is said to reflect your gaze, so wouldn't it be the same for me as a reflection? Or I could tear out your eyes and switch them with mine. If the mirror with the eyes of earth, would it reflect itself, or would the eyes themselves be the reflection?

Kiritsugu Emiya: You dare to mess with Time, you cad?! Even I have respect for that great person. Stop right now, or I'll kill you for killing the Time!

Wu Zetian: What a proper, perfect queen you are. Just the sort of ideal leader I aspire to be. And I agree, cats are entirely untrustworthy; you can't even trust them to keep their heads on!

Parvati: Are you she? Is she you? If the two of your were nearly the same to begin with, perhaps it doesn't matter which of you is which.

Elizabeth Bathory: You bathed in blood to stay young? That makes sense; I mean, I practically drowned in it, and look at me now!

Merlin: Living backwards makes you rather giddy at first, doesn't it? But there are so many advantages to a memory that works both ways, wouldn't you agree?

Tamamo no Mae: I wonder, are foxes the same as cats? They both have four paws, soft fur, and a penchant for mischief. And if I recall, your nine tails symbolize your "nine lives", do they not? Then the logical conclusion is obvious. In that case, do you eat bats, or do bats eat cats?

Jack the Ripper (Girl): Such a poor lost soul, lost without ever living to begin with. Just like me. Only instead of drowning in blood, you drowned in smoke. I personally can't stand smoke myself, no matter what the Caterpillar says!

Marie Antoinette: ...I think, if things had worked out better, my mommy would have been a lot like you. But things still went bad for you in the end anyway; reality sure is a bummer for everyone, isn't it?

Craft Essence

Blood: "I know they say red is the color of blood, and it is my favorite color, but it's not like that's the only color of blood. There's white blood [cells], bluebloods, yellow blood, green blood, purple blood - a whole rainbow's worth. After all, blood is the essence of life. So it can be anything you want, if you mold it the right way."

Mirror: "Why do people think they can see ghosts in mirrors? Well, it makes sense when you think about it. Mirrors show something that never exists, and ghosts don't exist - that's why you can't see them, after all - so of course you'd see them in the looking-glass. Then again, if you were on the other side and looking out, wouldn't that make the reflection you're seeing not real, too?

Wonderland: Did Alice's adventures in Wonderland give Caroll the ideas for the story? Did the Queen of Hearts take Alice's stories to shape her kingdom? Or both or none? Who knows? Certainly Mary Ann doesn't have a clue, and I'm not sure Alice would, either. After all, what's the point of a magical land if you're not left to wonder?

Stats/Parameters:

Strength: D

Agility: D

Endurance: B

Mana: A

Luck: E

Noble Phantasm: B

Skills
    Class Skills:

Item Construction (E/C)- The skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items. Rank raised to A when she is creating items of blood or inside her mirror; see Blood That Flows and Blood-Stained Wonderland.

Territory Creation (E/B)- The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Skill is truly only effective within her mirror, at which point it is the equivalent of an A+ rank; see Blood-Stained Wonderland.

Personal Skills:

Mental Pollution (A)- Due to possessing a distorted mentality, it is possible for one to shut out any mental interference thaumaturgy. However, at the same time, it becomes impossible for one to come to a mutual understanding with individuals who do not possess an equivalent rank. A lunatic who has not only gone mad but voluntarily embraces lunacy and rejects anything sensible. Provides a high probability that mental interference magecraft will be rendered ineffective.

Seer (C)- The ability to look into the future. Bloody Mary was said to give her summoners visions about their fates, while the White Queen had a memory that worked forwards. Caster can foresee future events, but because the significance of her visions is variable (and often irrelevant) and the queen has a deep respect for Father Time, the actual utility of the skill is rather limited.

Shapeshift (C)- The ability to transform one's physical shape. As a being made of blood from head to foot to heart, she can use her Blood That Flows noble phantasm to reshape her body at whim. It is possible to change her form into mist, or into a garden of roses, or even into a sheep, cat, flat card, leg of mutton, or soup tureen. She particularly favors a "Jabberwocky" form, in which her body from chest-down is scrunched up to the size of a mushroom, while her head and neck soar to tremendous heights like a gigantic serpent. Extremely useful in close-range combat, but little effectiveness against wide-ranging attacks.

Noble Phantasms
    Blood That Flows ~ Illusion of Darkened Delirium

Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Mind

Like a red rose blooming in my hand, let fear and anger become you, as I lead you into the darkness at the dead of the night!

Those who summoned Bloody Mary were said to go mad themselves, seeing fanciful and nightmarish illusions that haunted them to their dying days. The noble phantasm is a recognition of Caster's ultimate existence as nothing but blood. Caster can manipulate blood around her, making it flow whatever way she wishes. She can also change the blood's form between liquid, solid, and gas, creating all sorts of artificial constructs with enough blood. If a victim inhales her blood, they will be engulfed in fearsome illusions that she can manipulate at will. However, she cannot control blood that already has an "owner", meaning the blood that is already inside a person; she can only take control of it if it exits the body in some manner. Her mirror has potentially infinite blood to draw from it if she has no other available sources; however, to keep its reserve full, she needs to continually convert her own prana into blood, or find other ways to sustain it.

Through the Looking-Glass ~ Red-Stained Wonderland

Type:
    Labyrinth, Barrier

B

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
    Where does your mirror go?
    To Wonderland, with cards and chess,
    And nonsense like blood ever flows.

When within 100 meters of a mirror, Caster can make the looking-glass's mirror turn soft and misty like gauze (and red like blood), enabling passage to and from the world within the mirror. Wonderland is a vibrant, fantastical place that defies all sorts of logic. You'll find giant mushrooms, upside-down trees, stairs that go in circles, chess-patterned fields, and more. The landscape is bright and colorful, though there is a prevalence (but not total) of red around you. Strangely, there is a strange scent in the air, everywhere you go - you can almost taste it. Those familiar with the battlefield might be able to more readily recognize it: blood.

Wonderland is a reality marble that follow the rule "Bloody Mary's mirror is nothing but blood." Therefore, everything in this world, including any visitors, is blood; it is only Caster's mental powers that give shape to the world and prevents everything from being just a mesh of endless blood. Because all the blood is harmoniously maintained by Caster, there is no real concept of death in this world, as any violence is in the end just another illusion. Executions are frequent, for example, but even if you get your head chopped off, it's not like you'll die, and if you ask nicely maybe you'll get your head back later.

Caster has absolute control over the blood in the mirror, reshaping the world as she sees fit, but outsiders are considered "foreign" and therefore can't be as readily manipulated. However, the illusions mentally wrapping over all of the "guests" in her playland, beyond simply giving them the illusion of a fantasy land, slowly mess with their minds, making them lose themselves in the nonsense of the kingdom until they choose to sever their ties to reality permanently and stay in the country of red wonders. At this point, their origin is rewritten to "blood", and they are now under Caster's command accordingly.

Caster can open multiple doors into Wonderland simultaneously as long as they are within her range. She can pull out blood from the mirror for reinforcements, and she'll also use bloody rose vines to yank in "guests" who rudely refuse her kind invitation to come to her beautiful kingdom.

As mentioned earlier, the mirror(s) for Wonderland require extensive blood and mana support to stay active for long. When unable to sustain it further, Caster can put Wonderland in an inert stasis. Any beings converted into blood who have still retained their will and self-identity will be ejected and return to normal, significantly reducing the full volume of blood Caster has available. However, anyone who has surrendered to the power of Wonderland will remain blood and be kept in stasis with the mirror, to reactivate whenever Caster wishes.

Armaments
    Caster primarily fights using her blood, but sometimes she will make weapons from blood, primarily axes and mallets. She tends to prefer long, slow, and elaborate swings, like you would for an execution or playing croquet; while these attacks are fairly easy to dodge if you're careful, don't let your guard down - she's skilled at cutting off heads in one stroke, and she sometimes uses her weapons to knock projectiles at targets.

She can also manifest a couple of armies from blood, primarily within her Red-Stained Wonderland reality marble:

Card Soldiers of the Four Humours

A deck of living cards, with their four suits representing the four traditional "humors" believed to exist in blood. The Melancholic Spades represent the Earth and have magic affinity in that direction; they are careful, anxious perfectionists who help devise complex tactics for the army. The Choleric Diamonds embody Fire and are independent, decisive action-takers who rally their comrades to battle. The Phlegmatic Clubs symbolize the waves of Water and are quiet and peaceful, preferring to support their friends from the sidelines. The Sanguine Hearts, flowing like Air and being talkative, energetic busybodies, are the "heart" of the cards and act as leaders second to the Queen herself. The cards all have different abilities depending on their number and suit, and they are very weak on their own; however, their powers stack on each other, so they can become very powerful when working together.

Red-White Chess Cells

Two separate armies of red and white chess pieces, representing the new (in Alice's time) concept of red and white blood cells. As nobody had a strong understanding of how the blood cells worked at that time, there isn't much difference between the Red and White armies, and they better reflect the game of chess. The power level of the pieces in each army varies with their rank of chess piece, with pawns being the weakest and the king and queen being the strongest. If Caster were to learn of modern science, she might choose to revise the armies accordingly to better fit the true roles of blood cells.
    Last edited by Cataquack Warrior; May 21st, 2019 at 08:37 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: N/A
    True Name: Publius Vergilius Maro
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: Rome (1st century BCE)
    Armament: N/A

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: B
    MANA: A
    LUCK: B
    NP: B+

Skills
    Class Skills

Territory Creation - Rank B: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    Creation of a ‘Workshop’ becomes possible. As Caster was trained as a magus once, the principles of creating a Workshop are familiar to him. Oddly enough, placing his workshop in a graveyard or mausoleum vastly increases the terrain’s benefits for Caster.

Item Construction - Rank B: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.
    Caster can create a multitude of magical objects, ranging from constructs to amulets.

Personal Skills

Divination - Rank A: The ability to foretell the events of the future through interpreting signs. Divination allows for the viewing of future events, but the accuracy and reliability of the user’s interpretations is dependent on the rank of this Skill. At A rank, it is possible to accurately see events occurring centuries from now, as well as to understand what led to these events and their repercussions in the future.
    As Divination can be seen as a systematic method with which to organize what appear to be disjointed, random facets of existence such that they provide insight into a problem at hand, Caster was naturally drawn to the practice. It is said that in his works he predicted the rise of Christianity and many other major events, to the point that his works were used as a medium for divination in another era.

Weak Constitution - Rank C: A weakness struck by the nature of frail health. Similar in nature to Innocent Monster, where the perception of the people in the future affects the existence of the Heroic Spirit.
    Caster is accompanied by the risk of a sudden status drop at anytime of every action. The probability of risk is not high, but when it is invoked in combat, it is immense. Throughout his life, Caster was plagued by poor health, often becoming bedridden for weeks.

Perfectionism - Rank A: A Skill representing one’s unfailing perfectionism in all things. Related to Mental Pollution, Perfectionism provides slight resistance to mental interference, though the possibility of mutual understanding is largely unaffected. With the user’s every action, a Luck check is performed. On a success, the action succeeds perfectly, granting a plus modifier to the action. On a failure, the effectiveness of the action is halved.
    Caster was famous for his striving for perfection. It is even said that he attempted to destroy his life’s work, the epic Aeneid, for errors and imperfections perceptible only to himself.

Noble Phantasms
    Lineage of the Magii
    Magius Vergilius

Magecraft, Rank A+
    Though possessing the lineage and talents necessary for a magus, Caster largely neglected such arts to focus on the art of poetry. However, the exploits told of him in later times have manifested as a Noble Phantasm.
    Rather than the simple divination Magecraft that he used in life, Magius Vergilius allows him to utilize the myriad abilities attributed to him in legend, including shapeshifting, giving life to inanimate objects, fully controlling the forces of nature, necromancy and the summoning of spirits among others.
    However, as Magius Vergilius is a Noble Phantasm rather than an ability he possesses, it must be activated through a specific ritual for Caster to use his expanded magecraft.

Protective Skeletal Charm
    Ossium Vergilii

Anti-Unit~Anti-City, Rank A
    Caster’s second Noble Phantasm, and one that only manifests after Caster’s demise. According to legend, a city had collected his bones and fashioned them into a protective amulet against invaders. Once Caster dies, his fading spiritual body reveals a baroque amulet forged of bone. Ossium Vergilii is one of the rare Noble Phantasms that can be passed on to others, allowing anyone to benefit from its protective powers.
    Once claimed, Ossium Vergilii sets its protection on an area as designated by its user. This ‘area’ can be a location as large as a city, a group of people or simply the user’s own body. Ossium Vergilii projects a field capable of stopping up to B-rank attacks. In addition to this, any attack towards targets under Ossium Vergilii’s protection will receive an immediate counterattack, equaling the intended attack in strength, though limited to an A-rank attack. The counterattack mostly takes the form of the attack itself turning on the attacker, or in cases where this is impossible, a freak force of nature inflicting the damage itself. Sudden storms, collapsing buildings and the like can be counted amongst the possible ways of manifestation. Though normally these kinds of things would be unable to injure a Servant, Ossium Vergilii counts these implements as part of the Noble Phantasm itself, allowing them to freely damage Heroic Spirits.

Description
    Dislikes: Attention, medieval legends about himself
    Talents: Divination, writing moving poetry
    Natural Enemy: Febilla

Caster’s true identity is Publius Vergilius Maro, also known as Virgil, the Poet Magus.

Virgil is a mild and sheepish individual, and does not particularly care for the attention of others. He is a quick thinker and a perfectionist to a fault, though he is liable to become stressed in public, reducing his prowess. Virgil often seeks refuge in natural scenery, and displays a sincere enjoyment of his surroundings that is not present when he is elsewhere.
    Despite not being much of a magus in life, Virgil takes to the power he has been granted by medieval renditions of his legend with gusto. However, he is not overly fond of these legends having propelled his image to such heights that he and his works are recognized across the Western world.
    For the most part, Virgil actively avoids encounters with other Servants, using his Divination for the rather lowly purpose of evading public encounters. It is quite likely that the only Heroic Spirits that he would actually like to meet are those that he knew and trusted in life.
    Despite feeling loyalty towards his Master, Virgil will work to avoid them as well. On the rare occasions that chooses to appear in person, he would likely make his business clear as quickly as possible, then departing. As the situation is thus, Virgil has decided a perfect, if rather complex, system of notes with which to communicate with his Master. Naturally, the notes are mostly poetic in nature.
    Virgil’s fondest wish is to simply be able to work in solitude, at least as long as it would take to finish the works that were left imperfect or incomplete with his death.

Lore
    Virgil was an ancient Roman poet of the Augustan period. He wrote three of the most famous poems in Latin literature: the Eclogues, the Georgics, and the epic Aeneid. A number of minor poems, collected in the Appendix Vergiliana, are sometimes attributed to him. He traditionally ranked as one of Rome's greatest poets.
    Virgil’s area of birth is shrouded in mystery, though it is known that he was descended from the gens Vergilia and Magia. With his father marrying into a clan of economic means, Virgil received his education at Cremona in Milan and Rome where he studied Greek and Roman authors and poets. The Magia family also insisted that Virgil train in the art of Magecraft, but he eschewed these pursuits in favor of poetry.
    Sometime after the publication of his first works, Virgil became part of the circle of Maecenas, Octavian's capable agent d'affaires who sought to counter sympathy for Antony among the leading families by rallying Roman literary figures to Octavian's side. Virgil came to know many of the other leading literary figures of the time, including Horace, in whose poetry he is often mentioned, and Varius Rufus, who later helped finish the Aeneid.
    At Maecenas' insistence Virgil spent the ensuing years on the long didactic hexameter poem called the Georgics which he dedicated to Maecenas. The ostensible theme of the Georgics is instruction in the methods of running a farm.
    Virgil’s last and most notable work was the epic poem the Aeneid, where he strove to exemplify Rome’s divine destiny. In 19 BCE. Virgil traveled to Greece where he planned on spending the next three years completing the Aeneid. During his journey he became ill with fever and returned to Italy, where he died on September 21, 19 BCE soon after arriving at Brundisium. On his deathbed Virgil requested the destruction of the Aeneid, believing the work to be imperfect or no longer backing its general message, but Augustus is said to have intervened and mandated its publication.

Virgil's reputation was such that it inspired legends associating him with magic and prophecy. From at least the 3rd century, Christian thinkers interpreted Eclogues 4, which describes the birth of a boy ushering in a golden age, as a prediction of Jesus' birth. From this was born a body of works by itself, focusing on Virgil’s magical prowess and his adventures.

Notes
    Virgil would like to make it known that he’d prefer being an Assassin.

Though I originally intended for Virgil to have a Noble Phantasm relating to the Aeneid, I suppose his rejection of the work (though mostly because it was imperfect) is grounds for its removal as a Noble Phantasm. The mockup of what I had intended for it was terrible anyway.

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: N/A
    True Name: Gaius Cilnius Maecenas
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Rome (1st century BCE)

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MANA: D++
    LUCK: A
    NP: C+

Skills
    Class Skills

Territory Creation - Rank B+: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    Rather than an ordinary ‘Workshop’, Caster can construct the ‘Garden of Maecenas’. It is a luxurious terrain that can afford its owner a superior efficiency when collecting mana from one’s surroundings. In addition, Magecraft affecting nature is strengthened within its borders.

Item Construction - Rank -: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.
    Due to Caster’s role as one who fosters creation rather than creates something himself, this Skill has been lost.

Personal Skills

Eye for Art - Rank A+: Infatuation with works of art.
    If one happens to see a Noble Phantasm that possess artistic anecdotes, there is a high chance that he or she might be able to figure out its true name. Though Caster was mostly concerned with poetry in life, his name’s influence in other artistic circles has expanded his knowledge to encompass other fields.

Charisma - Rank B: A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent, and an ability inherent to Servants of the Saver class.
    Rather than something allowing him to command others, Caster’s Charisma is simply a manifestation of his magnetic personality. Naturally, his popularity is great.

High-Speed Incantation - Rank C-: The ability to speak magical incantations at an accelerated speed.
    As the inventor of shorthand, Caster’s High-Speed Incantation concerns written work more than the spoken word. However, his own recital’s speed is improved as well, to its detriment. Though Caster’s speed of speaking and writing is improved, there is a small chance of failure in whatever activity his High-Speed Incantation is used for.

Golden Rule - Rank -: A Skill that refers to the measurement of one's fortune to acquire wealth.
    Normally, Caster would be counted amongst the richest men of his era, but his resources are counted as ‘spent’ for the purpose of using his Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasms

Patron of the Arts
    Maecenate

Anti-Unit, Rank B
    Caster’s Noble Phantasm, born of his reputation as one who fostered great artists, propelling them to greatness. His name later became a bywords for a patron of artists, and as such he can be considered to be a ‘father’ to many Heroic Spirits. By giving a target his patronage, Maecenate can be activated.
    Maecenate, once activated, is a Noble Phantasm that works toward fostering the target into an artificial Heroic Spirit of the Caster class. First, the target’s existence is analyzed and a Saint Graph is created, corresponding to their deeds and abilities. At this point, the newly minted Servant cannot compare even with the lowliest of actual Heroic Spirits. Rather, it is through their deeds after Maecenate’s activation that their Saint Graph can grow. Proving one’s physical prowess increases their Strength parameter, suffering through injuries their Endurance and so on. In addition, allowing Caster to witness their skills can even grant the target Personal Skills representing their talents. And should the target’s actions cause their parameters to match or exceed those of the Caster class container, the target is finally granted a pseudo-Noble Phantasm to match their status.
    Of course, should the target already possess a Saint Graph, Maecenate will not take effect. Further, an artificial Heroic Spirit created by Maecenate’s effect is not a Servant all the time, still owning a physical body. Manifesting their Saint Graph requires a conscious effort, forcing them to ‘change forms’ in order to use their abilities.

Description
    Dislikes: His own performance, politics
    Talents: Art critique, fostering development, politics
    Natural Enemy: Octavia

Caster’s true identity is Gaius Cilnius Maecenas, also known simply as Maecenas, the Patron of Artists.

Maecenas is a carefree person used to luxury, and has an approachable air about him. He laments the loss of his Golden Rule, forcing him to live in a lesser state than he feels he should. Maecenas expects to be entertained in recompense for his services, but he earnestly enjoys almost any performance, and even gives heartfelt commentary on possible development.
    He is supremely adept in the art of politics, though he himself does not consider the field an art. As such, Maecenas tries to avoid delving into such activity as much as possible, though it is fully possible for him to skillfully craft alliances and deals with other parties without much trouble.
    Though Maecenas does not particularly care for the warriors among Heroic Spirits, he absolutely fawns over the artistically inclined. Even if such Servants would be enemies of his, Maecenas will insist on witnessing a performance. He does not carry any grievances toward other Heroic Spirits, nor does he truly care for their conduct, and as such he is welcoming of any attempts to ally with him.
    In Maecenas’ eyes, his Master is his sponsor, and he regards himself as a twisted variant of a guest as well. He expects to be fully provided for, but he is understanding, if condescending, even should the accommodations he receives not quite live up to his expectations. If his Master shows talent, he is bound to try and sell the idea of developing them into a Heroic Spirit to them, impatiently overseeing their development into a Heroic Spirit.
    Maecenas’s wish seems to be simply to live in his idea of luxury for another lifetime. However, his true desire is to become a capable artist himself, as though he enjoyed art tremendously, he was never able to create anything worthy himself.

Lore
    Gaius Cilnius Maecenas was an ally, friend and political advisor to Octavian (who was to become the first Emperor of Rome as Caesar Augustus) as well as an important patron for the new generation of Augustan poets, including both Horace and Virgil.
    Maecenas first appears in history books in 40 BCE, when he was employed by Octavian in arranging his marriage with Scribonia, and afterwards in assisting to negotiate the Treaty of Brundisium and the reconciliation with Mark Antony. As a close friend and advisor he had even acted as deputy for Augustus when he was abroad.
    It was in 38 BC that Horace was introduced to Maecenas, who had before this received Lucius Varius Rufus and Virgil into his intimacy. In the "Journey to Brundisium," in 37, Maecenas and Marcus Cocceius Nerva – great-grandfather of the future emperor Nerva – are described as having been sent on an important mission, and they were successful in patching up, by the Treaty of Tarentum, a reconciliation between the two claimants for supreme power.
    During the Sicilian war against Sextus Pompeius in 36, Maecenas was sent back to Rome, and was entrusted with supreme administrative control in the city and in Italy. He was vicegerent of Octavian during the campaign that led to the Battle of Actium, when, with great promptness and secrecy, he crushed the conspiracy of Lepidus the Younger; during the subsequent absences of his chief in the provinces he again held the same position.
    In his spare time, he avoided the affairs of politics like plague and headed an exclusive circle of young artists, whom he entertained at his estate. Maecenas’ support of poetry is such that his name has become a byword for patrons of the arts.
    During the latter years of his life he fell somewhat out of favour with his master. Suetonius attributes the loss of the imperial favour to Maecenas having indiscreetly revealed to Terentia, his beautiful but difficult wife, the discovery of the conspiracy in which her brother Lucius Licinius Varro Murena was implicated, but according to Cassius Dio (writing in the early 3rd century AD) it was due to the emperor's relations with Terentia. Maecenas died in 8 BC, leaving the emperor sole heir to his wealth.

Decided to make the rest of the group I had started with Ovid and Horace, adding Maecenas to the fold as their sponsor. I hope I did them justice.
    Guess Dragolord was right and I couldn't resist the temptation here.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; April 19th, 2019 at 03:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Have to say Maecenas might be one of the coolest servants I've read. I really like the way his Noble Phantasm works.

- - - Updated - - -

Rider of the Oracle
    Saving the world? I’d much rather just stay in my fields but if necessary I will shine with the brilliance of the Sun to protect it.

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Archer
    True Name: Admetus/Apollo
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Greece
    Face Claim

Parameters:

STR: A
    END: B+
    AGI: A
    MGI: B
    LCK: A
    NP: A++-EX

Dislikes: Artemis, Snakes
    Talent: Herding, Archery, Music
    Natural Enemy: Artemis
    Attribute: Earth
    Armament: A Bow
    Catalyst: Bones of a Sacred Cow

Class Skills:
    Spoiler:
    Riding
    All vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Magic Resistance
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Personal Skills:
    Spoiler:
    God’s Divine Core
    As a fusion of a Divine Spirit and a Heroic Spirit this skill has been ranked down.

Mana Burst (Flames)
    Holding the power of the Sun God in his hands allows Rider to summon the flames as a mere consequence of existing requiring mana to turn the skill off rather than activate it.

Divine Herdsman
    The ability to control and raise livestock. At this rank all animals that could be defined as domesticated and have a conceptual rank below B are put under his control and those with a B rank and above are given a rank down on actions against him.

Clairvoyance
    At this rank the ability to call upon the powers of Apollo’s oracles is possible giving future sight. The minus modifier is due to servant Rider not being able to hear his own prophecies.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Spoiler:

Iliakó Árma
    Apollo’s Gift
    Type: Anti-World
    Range: 1~99
    Max Targets: 1000
    The chariot gifted to King Admetus by Apollo in order to win the hand of the lovely Alcestis. In life it was a chariot which was pulled by a lion and a boar, impressive but lacking in magical properties. However due to Rider being the possession of Admetus by Apollo the chariot has become the Solar Chariot Iliakó Árma the personification of the Sun.

Without calling out its true name the chariot can generate small amounts of fire and is puled by the aforementioned Lion and Boar however once activated it sheds the mortal disguise and becomes the Chariot Apollo rode in order to move the sun across the sky. In this form it shines with a Golden Brilliance and has gained the ability to fly though the air. The fire that it once shot out has turned into the white hot flames of the sun’s surface and the Lion and Boar become flaming stallions which are on the level of Phantasmal Beasts.

Rider prefers not to unleash the Noble Phantasm’s true name as the mere existence of the ‘Sun’ on the earth causes catastrophic damage. Instead he will summon small portions of the power in the form of a singe Sun Ray with the power of an A-Rank Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or riding a one of his Flaming Stallions.

I Agápi Eínai Alítheia
    Love for Life

Type: Anti-Unit(Self)
    Range: NA
    Max Targets: 1
    The ultimate gift of love given to Admetus in his life. Upon Admetus’s deathbed Apollo convinced the Fates to give him the chance to have another die in his place. As a servant if he has received a fatal wound and will fade away if another Servant or being of equal power offers it they can transfer the fatal wound onto themselves and Rider will be fully healed.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    Admetus was the kind king of Pherae known for his justice and hospitality. So well known was he that when Apollo was punished to become a human he chose to live in Pherae and become Admetus’s herdsman. After Apollo regained his divinity he blessed Admetus’s cattle to all bear twins giving the nation prosperity. Even as a god Aollo still found himself close to Admetus and often times assisted him in his endevors. When Admetus was trying to win the hand of the lovely Alcestis he had to prove his worth by yoking a boar and a lion to a chariot and bring it to his future father in law, a nearly impossible task. Apollo saw how distraught his friend was at not being able to marry the woman he loved he completed the task himself and gave the chariot to Admetus.

Admestus gained the right to marry the woman of his dreams and made offerings to the gods in thanks. During his wedding night to Alcestis however due to not offering proper sacrifices to Artemis she summoned a number of snakes to his bedchamber which bit him and pumped him full of poison. Admetus only had days to live. Out of thanks for previous hospitality shown to him Apollo went to the fates and got them drunk enough to agree to a deal. If somebody was willing to die for Admetus they would be taken in his place. Admetus was thankful for the chance and assumed that his aging parents would be willing to die for him.

Unfortunately for Admetus no one was willing to give their life for him. Just as Admetus was getting ready to die his beloved wife Alcestis came and offered herself to Thanatos in place of her husband. At this Admetus attempted to go back on the offer but the deal was done and Thanatos was taking his beloved to the underworld. Thankfully Heracles had been spending the night at Pherae on his way to one of his labors and decided to thank Admestus for his hospitality by wrestling with Thanatos. Of course this being Heracles he won. The couple were reunited and because somebody technically died for him Admestus lived through his poisoning.

After his adventures wooing Alcestis, and learning to never forget a god when giving sacrifices, he went on to take part in a good deal of famous Greek adventures. He was a member of the Calydonian Boar Hunt and an Argonaut where he met fellow hero Atlanta a devout priestess of Artemis who he went to great pains to avoid at all times. He survived all those great trials and eventually went back home to his wife with whom he lived a long peaceful life.

That was the story of the body that is summoned as a Servant but the true being inhabiting it is Apollo the son of Zeus. Born to Leto daughter of the titans on the floating Isle of Delos Apollo and Artemis were born already brimming with godly might. They both became God’s of the bow and Arrow but while Artemis cared more for martial prowess focusing on the hunt Apollo focused on growth and culturing. He became the god of music, medicine, and herdsman.

This is not to say he was lacking in martial prowess though because when Zeus killed his favored son Asclepius Apollo returned the favor by killing the Cyclopses that had forged the weapon. In return for this act Zeus forced Apollo to one year of labor as a mortal which brings us to the beginning of this tale.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Apollo is such an immensely powerful Divine Spirit that he would normally be unable to manifest as a servant without a human host. Thankfully his dear friend Admetus who resides on the Throne of Heroes offered to give his servant body to Apollo making them a Pseudo Servant capable of manifesting.

Due the form of Admetus being given freely to Apollo the ratio of personality is 95% Apollo and 5% Admetus. Normally Admetus would be willing to give all of his personality to his dear friend but that remaining 5% was left in to curb Apollo’s sex drive and make sure his body stays loyal to Alcestis. It also results in Apollo being more cautious around his sister and her disciples than he would normally be.

As for the actual personality of servant Rider he is a man who simply loves to create. Whether it be music, or art, or even beautiful animals Apollo loves to make things. When it comes to battle he will avoid it as much as he can as he thinks of most forms of fighting to be ‘Nothing but reckless destruction’. With relation to his master he will not think of them as a superior but more like a partner, his godly pride refusing to bow down before another. Attempts to force him to engage in combat will result in a complete lack of trust for the remainder of the summoning and he would more than likely purposefully lose the fight he is forced into. Additionally until a the master has truly bonded with Apollo and formed a relationship he will refer to himself as Admetus and not reveal his godly nature. However if he and his master are on good terms and he agrees with the masters wish it is possible he will reveal his true name and engage in combat to grant his master’s wish on the Holy Grail.

Normally Apollo would be a bit of a flirt but as mentioned earlier Admetus forcibly stamped out that personality trait removing one of Apollo’s biggest flaws.

Bond:
    Spoiler:

If you have summoned Artemis(After Bond 4):
    “Oh my, she’s in one of her moods again isn’t she? I think its best to keep a wide berth for now.”
    “Is that Apollo! Come here and give your big sister a hug!”

If you have summoned Atlanta(Before Bond 4):
    “The two of us never had much compatibility, even as fellow Argonauts. I don’t think we should be put on the same team.
    “Was that Admetus? I could hardly recognize him, although we did not speak much in life I suppose.”

If you have summoned Atlanta(After Bond 4):
    “Normally I have nothing against Atlanta but Admetus is still wary around her so I think I’ll keep my distance.”

On summoning:
    “Servant Rider true name Admetus. I’m only a minor hero so maybe you could let me sit out on fighting summoner?”

Bond 1:
    “You want to know why I have fire powers and a divine core? Well like I said I’m a minor hero so Apollo in his great wisdom gave me some powerful abilities so I wouldn’t get hurt. Neat aren’t they?”

Bond 2:
    “Chaldea is such a wonderful place summoner. Such a wonderful gathering of heroes I haven’t seen the likes of since Troy. Oops, perhaps the Argo would have been a better comparison.”

Bond 3:
    “I must say that being able to stay here and work on my music has been an amazing gift. I don’t think I would mind fighting if it meant that I could stay in this place.

Bond 4:
    “I have something to admit summoner. I am not actually the great king Admetus, I am the God of the Sun Apollo… Wait you knew! How!?”(It was the divine core, mana burst, and clairvoyance)

Bond 5:
    “Even throughout my immortal life I have not known anyone as amazing as you. Please allow me to fight by your side to protect humanity and all the amazing works they create, master.

Creator Notes:
    This was originally going to be a straight up Admetus sheet but when I was planning out the noble phantasm I couldn’t think of a good way to make a chariot with a lion and boar cool without it just being the gordian wheel. So I figured why not make a Pseudo-Servant and switched up some skills to make it fit. So now Apollo is possessing his former boyfriend and gets to hang around making art and junk.
    Last edited by cooldownnow; April 21st, 2019 at 08:38 PM.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Might as well offer some commentary in a vain attempt to get some life into this thread (though the lifelessness is most likely something seasonal in nature).

Bloody Mary [Anne]: Not really sold on this one. I mean I guess the idea is functional, but the execution strikes me as a bit lacking. She also seems to have a lot of powers considering her relative minority. Since she seems to be at least partially related to Nursery Rhyme's dealy, it makes little sense for someone partially derived from that genre to be able to pull out more tricks than the living representation of said genre itself (at least in the form we've seen her in). And besides the blood, there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of 'Bloody Mary' in the sheet, and that's not a lot to go on.

Admetus: As for this one, I would first note that the ranks seem all over the place. For example, Artemis manifesting through Orion still sticks pretty close to the base parameters of the Archer class, so I don't think that Apollo as Admetus had such mighty deeds to his name that he deserves to surpass every single base parameter the Rider class has (by quite a bit, too). The 'EX-' rank also bothers me. Either its EX or it isn't (you could, for example, just flat out say that he can't use it at the moment without sticking a minus on it).
    The NP also seems ironically similar to Gordius Wheel given your intent to avoid that, but that's the problem with chariot Noble Phantasms, I suppose.
    Aside from that, the basis of a personality is there, but I think that it would deserve a bit more fleshing out. I'd also like to note that Apollo wasn't exactly averse to violence, though that might just be him trying to be at his best in front of Admetus.
    I'm also a bit weirded out about what you've made his introductory line, as a Master can see the parameters of their Servant, and this one wouldn't really look like a "minor hero" as he says.

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Might as well offer some commentary in a vain attempt to get some life into this thread (though the lifelessness is most likely something seasonal in nature).
    Well we are nearing the page amount of the old thread, Create-A-Servant 3 might not be too far away

Blog Entries
    I'm also a bit weirded out about what you've made his introductory line, as a Master can see the parameters of their Servant, and this one wouldn't really look like a "minor hero" as he says.
    So the biggest thing is that Apollo isn’t in an Artemis situation he’s in an Ishtar situation. He’s not taking over Admetis and using him as a stepping stone ala orion he’s basically using Admetus as a host like Ishtar and Rin which is why he has Divine Core. As for the master knowing instantly he’s a powerful hero that’s why in bond 4 the master isn’t surprised in the slightest about the revelation. Apollo isn’t a good lier(Although he plays a pretty mean one) Lastly as for the personality Fate always takes incredible liberties with personalities. Like obsessive wife Artemis or literal alien Attila.
    Last edited by cooldownnow; April 20th, 2019 at 04:52 PM.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldownnow View Post
    So the biggest thing is that Apollo isn’t in an Artemis situation he’s in an Ishtar situation. He’s not taking over Admetis and using him as a stepping stone ala orion he’s basically using Admetus as a host like Ishtar and Rin which is why he has Divine Core. As for the master knowing instantly he’s a powerful hero that’s why in bond 4 the master isn’t surprised in the slightest about the revolution. Apollo isn’t a good lier(Although he plays a pretty mean one) Lastly as for the personality Fate always takes incredible liberties with personalities. Like obsessive wife Artemis or literal alien Attila.
    And yet Ishtar still has only Gil-level parameters, despite having Divine Core at the same level as your Admetus. And one supposes a goddess of war (amongst other things) would have done things that might deserve higher parameters (maybe). And yet, so things are.

Blog Entries
    And yet Ishtar still has only Gil-level parameters, despite having Divine Core at the same level as your Admetus. And one supposes a goddess of war (amongst other things) would have done things that might deserve higher parameters (maybe). And yet, so things are.
    If that’s not a good enough excuse(and that’s all this is excuses because Type Moon definitely doesn’t play by the incredibly loose rules it creates) then just imagine that fame plays a role in it since everyone knows who Apollo is but not that many know about Ishtar.

My Servant Compendium

Fate Texas Night

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Caster, Beast
    True Name: Jahi
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Origin: Zoroastrian Mythology

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: B+
    AGI: B
    MANA: A+++
    LUCK: E
    NP: B

Skills
    Class Skills

Avenger - Rank C: A Class Skill of the Avenger class, representing the state of an Avenger as one that gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. It is easier for one to accumulate hatred and resentment. The rate of mana generation becomes higher when receiving damage.
    Despite cursing the world for rejecting her beloved, Avenger’s love for Angra Mainyu is such that her rank as Avenger is actually reduced by her devotion.

Memory Correction - Rank A+: A Class Skill of the Avenger class. People are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. The critical effect of Avengers who attack from beyond one's memory is strengthened.
    Avenger’s existence itself is formed from her grudge. As such, were she to forget her hatred, she would cease to be herself.

Self-Replenishment (Mana) - Rank A: A Class Skill of the Avenger class. One's magical energy endlessly surges until their revenge is accomplished. Recovers a minuscule amount of magical energy every turn.
    Avenger possesses high-grade Mana recovery due to her original nature.

Personal Skills

Mystic Eyes - Rank EX: A Skill where one has possession of Mystic Eyes, capable of imparting magical effects upon a subject and interfering with the outside world.
    Avenger possess Mystic Eyes of the highest order, possessing the ability to ‘reduce’ others. Her gaze is said to have drained a third of creation of color, sapping a third of the growth of plants, the water of rivers, good thoughts, good words and good deeds as well as a third of the strength of both men and the earth itself.

True Daemon - Rank A: The quality of an Incarnated Daemon, a demonic being that can exist without obtaining a Unit Designation from humanity. True Daemons possess as a faculty the capacity to give shape to the miracle of "Magecraft" merely by the release of Prana, exercising a Magecraft of an order beyond human ability.
    This designation is Avenger’s origin, though she later clad herself in the trappings of a human of her own will. Having originated as a nameless, undesignated True Daemon, she later embraced the role of a figure told of in human myth.

Beast Killer - Rank A+: The ability to unleash a special attack towards magic beasts and wild animals.
    Avenger was responsible for the slaying of the primordial beast Gavaevodata, which served as the origin of all animals. As such, she possesses a method to kill any beast.

Woman of Calamity - Rank A+: The quality of a harlot, a female that defiles and pollutes what they touch, at the same time desirable and abominable. Woman of Calamity imposes a powerful charm-effect on all targets of the opposite sex in the user’s vicinity. If the charm is successful, the target’s Luck is ranked down and they will receive constant damage from a curse.
    Avenger is said to have been the entity that caused the great Ahura Mazda ‘the most grief’. She is the eldest example of those following ‘the world’s oldest profession’.

Noble Phantasms

For You I Would Burn the Length and Breadth of Sky
    Ishtô Aŋra Mainiiu

Anti-World, Rank EX
    A Reality Marble, being an ability possessed naturally by Avenger. It is her ‘ideal world’, warped from being her own internal world to being the internal world of Angra Mainyu. Ishtô Aŋra Mainiiu causes the ground to melt into a bubbling, black liquid, drawing those nearby into the Reality Marble as if dropping into an endless void.
    Once the blackness fades, a ruined world of burning skies is revealed to the targets. Inside Ishtô Aŋra Mainiiu lies a world of darkness, the shed blood of humanity painting the skies themselves, and the light and warmth of the sun itself having been snuffed out. It is a world utterly inhospitable for humanity, with the air itself forming the manifested curses of All the World’s Evil. The curses stain anybody they touch with a strong curse and melts them as if they were being digested. The pain and fear felt before death remains as magical energy and becomes a new curse to seek out living people. It will kill anyone it touches unless they can remove it from their body before they are melted away. Those who are not dissolved will be assaulted mentally by "All the World's Evil", eventually going insane or left cursed by its after effects.
    When dealing with Servants, it is possible for those that survive the curse’s effects to become ‘blackened’, the Servant's soul an alignment directed towards killing people.
    Due to Avenger’s mentality, Ishtô Aŋra Mainiiu has become less like ‘her Noble Phantasm’, and more like a ‘Noble Phantasm for the sake of Angra Mainyu’.
    Ishtô Aŋra Mainiiu’s manifestation creates a ‘hole in the World’ for the duration of its manifestation, being capable of enlarging itself and even starting to encroach on the outside world.

Description
    Dislikes: Fire, purity
    Talents: Corruption, magecraft
    Natural Enemy: Ahura Mazda

Avenger’s true identity is Jahi, the Primal Harlot.

A demon in every sense of the word, Jahi is a being that delights in its own evil. She takes great joy in suffering, whether her own or that of others, and inflicts it whenever possible, largely without rhyme or reason. As a manifestation of defilement itself, she loathes that which she considers ‘pure’, wishing to corrupt it immediately.
    Being of an alien and inhuman mindset, she sees Angra Mainyu as her beloved husband, to the point of outright worship. The suffering that Angra Mainyu felt affects her deeply, and she truly believes him to be her creator. In a way, she is correct, as the entity ‘Jahi’ gained its current form after witnessing Angra Mainyu’s creation. Naturally, any development that her lover gained after the moment of his creation is lost on Jahi.
    Out of all Servants, Jahi has eyes for Angra Mainyu and his creatures alone. She views all others as the work of Ahura Mazda, recognizing them as something she must defile and destroy. She does view those who delight in the suffering of others as ‘being on the right path’, and may be convinced to join forces with them as fellow servants to Angra Mainyu’s glory.
    As her duty is to corrupt, Jahi would first work her wiles on her Master. As she is theoretically capable of manifesting herself as a Servant on her own, she feels free to treat her Master however she likes. If compelled with a Command Spell, however, her opinion might change. As she is only beholden to Angra Mainyu, she might interpret her Master as a manifestation of her lover.
    Jahi’s wish to the Holy Grail is the full manifestation of Angra Mainyu, namely that of All the World’s Evil.

Lore
    Jahi is recorded in Zoroastrianism as being Angra Mainyu’s chief servant and lover, personally responsible for many of the blights that plague the world.
    However, Jahi originated as a formless, alien ‘True Daemon’. The entity was transformed by its contact with humanity, latching onto the concept of ‘Angra Mainyu’, perhaps having witnessed the suffering of a certain youth. Chaining itself with the trappings of humanity, the entity claimed a name and identity for itself from the Zoroastrian myths - Jahi, the ‘lover of Angra Mainyu’.
    She then acted in service to the ideal that was ‘Angra Mainyu’, being counted responsible for the defilement of females and the slaying of Gavaevodata, the original beast. As the Age of Gods ended, it can be assumed that she faded away with the other divinities of the World.

Notes
    tl;dr: AngraMainyuAngraMainyuAngraMainyuAngraMainyuAngraMainyu…

After I bumped into info on this one, it occurred to me that with Angra Mainyu being the way he is in the Nasuverse, what if there was someone else who fit the role of ‘Ahura Mazda’s enemy’? As a sort of second-in-command, Jahi seemed like a good choice for that role, though she obviously still counts herself as subservient to her love.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    The Relationships section for this Servant would be a doozy. I wonder how she'd react to people like Shirou and Gilgamesh, who can both resist the blackening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Antoine Court de Gebelin.jpg
    Faceclaim: Nobunaga the fool (Leonardo)
    ​Class: Caster
    True Name: Antoine Court De Gebélin
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: 18th century France
    Likes: the Tarot, Fortune Telling, Independence, the ancient
    Dislikes: those who stagnate
    Natural Enemy: Franz Mesmer
    Attribute: Man
    Armament: A tarot deck
    Catalyst: Any simple deck of tarot cards will do, as all tarot have been touched by his influence

Parameters:
    Strength - D
    Mana - C
    Endurance - D
    Luck - C
    Agility - C
    N.P - A+

Class Skill:

• Item Creation - C: The skill that allows one to manufacture magical items. At rank C, Caster can use this skill to create decks of cards that could be used for minor cartomancy, as well as granting himself a mode of attack

• Territory Creation - B: The skill that allows the creation of a special territory advantageous to one as a magus. At this rank, Caster is able to create an area similar to an academy where one can experiment or learn new skills

Personal Skill:

• ​Knowledge of the Ancient - A: Antoine was a man who truly adored the ancient world and saw its influence everywhere. depending on how ancient a noble phantasm or hero may be, Caster may be able to deduce the true name of his opponent.

• Clairvoyance - B-: A skill that improves one perception and can give limited sight into the future. Caster was the man who pioneered the art of tarot reading, but that form of reading is difficult to interpret for even the most seasoned veterans. As such, Caster is able to tell future events, but they will be interpreted vaguely.

• Occultism - D: A skill denoting ones proficiency in occult practices, allowing the performance multiple rituals and minor acts of magecraft. Because of the time he came from, Caster is much less resourceful than more ancient mages.

Noble Phantasm:

A Portal to an ancient world: Le Monde Primitif.
    Type:​ Anti-Unit - Anti-Army

Caster's use of tarot sublimated as a Noble Phantasm. Caster is able to utilize any of the twenty two major arcana in various ways, changing them into attacks, enhancements, or summonings. the level of power changes as the arcana ascend, as does the mana cost. These cards can only be used once, and careful consideration is necessary before activation. These cards are fundamentally condensed mysteries, but instead of springing from legend or history, they are created by Casters imagination and his assumptions on the ancient world. Due to their unique nature, they are uneffective against those who have actually lived through the ancient world, specifically those from ancient Egypt or Babylon. They are, however, as affective as any other noble phantasm against servants and people from the common era, becoming stronger as the individual is younger. Each of the major arcana have differing effects, each of these is listed below
    • Le Mat: The greatest and weakest of the arcana. Meant to be bestowed upon those Caster deems the protagonist, this noble phantasm does not offer any advantages at first, but as the gifted one progresses, they will gain immense power.
    • Le Bataleur: For a limited time this card can artificially bestow magic circuits upon someone, giving them the abilities of an average mage. Those that already possess magical circuits will have their quantity increase.
    • La Papesse: Grants an individual temporary resistance against curses as well as divinity of rank E
    • L'Impératrice: Grants a weak shield emblazoned with an eagle, protecting from minor attacks, of course this won't hold up to most servants
    • L'Empereur: Immobilizes a small selection of individuals as all must bow before the emperor.
    • Le Pape: Summons a beam of light from the heavens to incinerate enemies below. This materializes as an attack similar to a E-ranked noble phantasm
    • L'Amoureux: Can take two individual and inflict them with charm
    • Le Chariot: Summons forth a chariot drawn by two sphinx. This chariot is not rideable, but rather is akin to a battering ram in the fact that it is a single charging attack. ranked as a D-rank noble phantasm.
    • La Justice: Caster selects two individuals, those closer to Lawful Good shall remain unharmed, but those closer to Chaotic Evil will be slashed by an invisible sword from lady justice herself.
    • L'Ermite: Grants the activator a lamp containing a six-pointed star that produces magical light. This light clears away all darkness and obstructers in its path.
    • La Roue de Fortune: After activating this card, a magnificent wheel appears behind Caster and begins spinning. Depending on how it stops, a creature will be summoned, either a sphinx, angel, a serpent, or a demon
    • La force: Grants a selected individual increased strength. For servants, this increases their strength parameter by one rank, for humans this can elevate their strength to the level of servants.
    • Le Pendu: Summons forth binding ropes that suspend the target by their feet. Only those willing, with strength of C-rank or higher, or those with specific skills may break the bindings, those lacking in these traits will be unable to escape until the bindings themselves expire.
    • La Mort: Releases a miasma of death upon activation. Takes form as a poisonous mist that drains the life out of everything it passes. Those without curse resistance would be made into easy prey.
    • Tempérance: an ability that repurposes liquids. Though this may seem quite underwhelming, it should not be underestimated, as it could be used to drain all the water out of a human or dump a river into a city.
    • Le Diable: summons a creature meant to be the modern representation of the devil. This materializes as a gargantuan demon with red skin, four arms, and six eyes. As a phantasmal creature, this can be equated to a B-ranked Noble Phantasm.
    • Le Maison Dieu: a veritable defense and attack. this ability summons a great tower that can be used to nullify one C-ranked attack as well as launch forth a volley of arrows. once the tower is attack by a C-ranked attack or higher, the tower crumbles.
    • L'Étoile: This ability places seven small stars in the sky, centered around one larger star. upon a secondary activation, the seven stars fall to the ground annihilating whatever they land on. Once each of the small stars have fallen, the largest star descends rapidly, crashing down with incredible force. each of the smaller stars qualify as a C-Ranked noble phantasm, but the largest star is considered A-ranked.
    • La Lune: A great and magnificent replica of the moon hangs in the sky, reflecting moonlight across the battlefield. Once activated, the moon will randomly call down pillars of moonlight that disintegrate whatever the light touches.
    • Le Soleil: Summons forth a replica sun. Though this bears the name of the sun, in reality it is just a massive ball of flame that incinerates everything nearby.
    • Le Judgement: The strongest offensive attack in his deck of major arcana. upon activation, this card summons a massive descending bolt of magical energy, encompassing a large area with a blinding light. This is considered an A+-Ranked noble phantasm.
    • Le Monde: The Strongest defensive ability in his deck of major arcana. Once activated, this card produces a protective barrier taking shape as an ancients world that Caster himself had never seen, but always exists within his mind. similar to a certain Rider's shield, this can be used as an ultimate defense against one attack.

Personality:
    ​Antoine, at heart, is different from the many other servants that could be summoned. He doesn't see himself as anyone special, just another mundane figure from history, the true heroes in his eyes are the ancient saviors of humanity that he looks up to. He is nothing more than a fanboy for the more ancient servants, those like Ozymandias and Gilgamesh especially. He has a wish, but one that the grail itself need not grant. Caster wishes to meet histories greatest heroes from ancient times and the Age of Gods, those who have seen things he could never comprehend. Nothing grants him more joy than watching a battle between ancients, thus, he averagely takes part as a spectator, perhaps playing support to those he's taken a liking to. Though he is such a fan of those from ancient times, he has no interest in more modern heroes, deeming them unworthy of his time. This is most apperant in how he treats heroes who have come after him, those from the nineteenth century and on; he treats them as if they weren't even heroes, simply commoners history decided were important enough to remember. He has no specific care for his master, as he is just another human among seven billion, but he may take an interest in them if they share his obsession or become a hero worth remembering.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gebelin: Pretty cool sheet. Tarot card symbolism shows up in a lot of popular media, so it's interesting to see the inventor of it as a Servant. I think "La Lune" would be more interesting as an ability to create illusions by reflecting moonlight instead of a generic big beam. That would fit the card's themes of illusion and mystery a lot better...

Antoine: Hm. It's mostly personal, but I always prefer when Servant kits are more streamlined. For me, this kind of Noble Phantasm has too many effects to really be interesting. Even something like Gate of Babylon rarely amounts to more than just really powerful swordspam. It's also pretty hecking strong, considering all the stuff it packs. So, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of that.

As an aside, since it's been a bit since I've hopped onto this thread, did anybody have any thoughts on the Beast I posted a page back?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPE-Lune View Post
    As an aside, since it's been a bit since I've hopped onto this thread, did anybody have any thoughts on the Beast I posted a page back?
    Not really sure what you were going for with Endurance being A++++ since a triple plus appears to be the stated maximum (with EX above that). Also Icarus as a Beast just doesn't work for me (Sol or no). Boundlessness as an Evil of Man also doesn't seem like the kind of boundlessness Icarus was going for.
    The sheet does have some some interesting concepts to it, mind you, but I feel like they might've worked better with another figure. Not sure who that other figure would be, but Icarus doesn't seem to be it.

Bloody Mary [Anne]: Not really sold on this one. I mean I guess the idea is functional, but the execution strikes me as a bit lacking. She also seems to have a lot of powers considering her relative minority. Since she seems to be at least partially related to Nursery Rhyme's dealy, it makes little sense for someone partially derived from that genre to be able to pull out more tricks than the living representation of said genre itself (at least in the form we've seen her in). And besides the blood, there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of 'Bloody Mary' in the sheet, and that's not a lot to go on.
    Wasn't my best work, I'll freely admit. Thank you for the constructive criticism.

I am aware that Nursery Rhyme already sort of covers Alice in Wonderland, but I interpreted Nursery Rhyme as representing fairy tales/children's stories in general, with her exact focus depending on her summoner's tastes. So if there was a character from a children's story that stood out, he/she could feasibly exist as a separate Servant.

But the Queen of Hearts is a lot more obscure than other potential stand-alones like Mother Goose or Cinderella, so I had to get creative. Hence why I mixed her with Bloody Mary; I thought that the parallels to Queen Mary's bloody reign and how Wonderland has a bit of association with mirrors created a decent link (plus, I liked drawing on how the White Rabbit mistook Alice for "Mary Ann". That said, as you pointed out, the two halves of the legend didn't mix together entirely well.

As for power, I was trying to keep Bloody Mary relatively balanced. I kind of envisioned her as a paper tiger, someone who depends on her blood and illusions to overcome foes. If you can pierce past the bloody lies to the truth, Bloody Mary is nothing but a ghost of a memory who can easily be overcome. Didn't quite work out that way in practice, though, given your feedback. If I made it so that her personal blood supply was limited (maybe any that she doesn't take from others has to be sacrificed from her own mana reserve?) and maybe took out a skill or too like Royal Prerogative, would that help make her abilities reasonable?

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback.

Blog Entries
    So, I'm going to post these WIPs here, because I'd like second opinions and trust you people (gasp). Out of these, which looks like it'll fit a Ulster Red Branch warrior like Celtchar mac Uthidir more?

Celty

Blog Entries
    1st Ascension, 2nd Ascension, 3rd Ascension, Final Ascension

All good and fitting. Personally, I prefer the 4th one.

- - - Updated - - -

Capes are Badass

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    2nd look the most balanced, I think.