Page 51 of 782 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101151551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    The natural standards for Saber class are pretty high for everything but luck, that's true.
    Luck? I thought it was Magic that was their 'non-required' stat, as it were (yep, Magic - just checked CM3). Not that I'm particularly bothered, myself.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Luck? I thought it was Magic that was their 'non-required' stat, as it were (yep, Magic - just checked CM3). Not that I'm particularly bothered, myself.
    Ahh, you're right. I'm not sure why I thought luck. Probably because Luck seemed more of a non-essential stat considering most Sabers have had big, flashy, prana-hungry NPs. D'Artagnan could definitely use a modest boost in his stats though.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eh, Luck is the sort of thing that really depends on the HS in particular. I mean, Diarmuid could be a Saber, but his Luck is kind of terrible and that doesn't hurt his chances of getting in that class.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    A nice adaptation of Paris that you have there. I would think that his bow deserved to have some connection with Apollo, considering the legends around it, but the way you made it is fine too.

About D'Artagnan's parameters, the thing is, as he is supposed to be "weak" as a Heroic Spirit; I always had in mind to make him have just the bare minimum power to fill the requirements for the Saber-class. Now according to CM, the general standards for a Saber are the following.

STR: A
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: D

That gave me a good notion on how D'Artagnan should be. Still, his attributes are a little different than your regular knight, so I made the proper adjustments. As I commented before, D'Artagnan is the kind of guy that solves his problems with skills, finesse and a little bit of luck. Therefore, his AGI and LCK receive the A-Rank and one of the B-Rank parameters respectively. On the other hand, he does not rely on supernatural powers, so that lowest D-Rank goes to MGI. Since there is a common notion that a musketeer is inferior to a knight in terms of raw strength, his STR gets that C-Rank. By elimination, that last B-Rank remains on END. At last, in order to not seem so blatant that his stats originated from the CM's standards, I customized them a little bit by more by giving Rank-Down on MGI and adding a "+" to his AGI.

I know that it might be a little too much arbitrary, but as I said before, I always intended for him to be relatively weak. It was one of the core notions that I had in mind when I created him.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    D'Artagan seems interesting to me. Like his NP, but think his stats make sense to me, for a relatively ordinary human.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fun fact!

According to charamat, the "default" Strength for a Saber is A.

Now let's see:

Shirou's Saber: B
    Kiritsugu's Saber: B
    Rin's Saber: A
    Sakura's Saber: A
    Ayaka's Saber: B
    Gawain: B+
    Siegfried: B+

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Last edited by aldeayeah; February 9th, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Not the baseline of 'A Heroic Spirit who qualifies as Saber'. It's of 'The container into which a Saber-class spirit is summoned'. There's a difference.

Container*HS's own parameters*Other factors (Master's prana supply etc.)
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    It must be a pretty impressive container, considering that famous heroes such as Sigurd or Gawain actually bring it down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    It must be a pretty impressive container, considering that famous heroes such as Sigurd or Gawain actually bring it down.
    *shrug* Apparently. (And you must admit that it's better than it would be if your original thought was right, with most of the Sabers not even qualifying for their own class ).

And I dunno, B+ is pretty damn good. Even if you're at that generally lower state, you can still burst to a very good A-rank, so it's not that much of a come-down from A. And even then, we're assuming that the baseline ranks are meant to equal the same ranks as with a fully summoned Heroic Spirit, which might not be the case. Probably is, but might not be.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    *shrug* Apparently. (And you must admit that it's better than it would be if your original thought was right, with most of the Sabers not even qualifying for their own class ).

And I dunno, B+ is pretty damn good. Even if you're at that generally lower state, you can still burst to a very good A-rank, so it's not that much of a come-down from A. And even then, we're assuming that the baseline ranks are meant to equal the same ranks as with a fully summoned Heroic Spirit, which might not be the case. Probably is, but might not be.
    I know, and Gawain isn't even a Heaven's Feel Servant (and neither is Sigurd, for what I know of the Apocrypha setting).

I just felt like ranting

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I just felt like ranting
    Such is BL.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Laomedon - Avenging the House of Troy
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Taking its name from the Trojan king whose grave was thought to protect Troy at the site of Paris' only true achievement in battle, this small bow is the only weapon Archer has any proficiency with whatsoever. While ordinarily a weak D ranked Noble Phantasm, upon successfully hitting a target with an arrow, the stricken area is physically marked with the royal insignia of Troy, a mark representing the grudge of a fallen kingdom against their aggressors. Once a target is marked with the crest, the rank of this Noble Phantasm is increased to B, and a second successful strike upon the marked area is treated as a lethal attack. The crest remains on the victim's body until either Archer wills the effect to end or she is slain.

The effectiveness of this Noble Phantasm is heavily limited by Archer's complete lack of skill and training as a warrior, making it difficult for her to even land the initial attack without the assistance of either Kallisti's clairvoyance or reinforcement of her accuracy by a Command Spell. However, once the mark has been placed, subsequent shots benefit from an automatic "tracer" effect which makes this Noble Phantasm considerably more dangerous and difficult to dodge.

Because of the nature of this Noble Phantasm, as well as the widespread belief that she needed to shoot Achilles from behind, Archer also qualifies for the Assassin class.
    And then Paris face claim was Soi Fong
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    And finally, here is someone of a higher order...

Class: Saber (Rider)
    True Name: Sigurd
    Alignment: Neutral Good

STR: ***** A
    END: ***** A
    AGI: ***** A
    MGI: ***** B+
    LCK: **** E
    NP: ***** A++

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Volsunga Saga

A saga included as part of Norse Mythology, it was written in Iceland during the late 13th Century. The work tells the story of the Volsung clan, a lineage of kings from Hunaland, a mythical country of Northern Europe. Modern academics draw a connection between the setting of the legend and the Migration Period (Volkerwanderung) between 300 and 700 A.D. Also, the German Nibelungenlied seems to have been based from the same oral tradition.

Grani

A large, handsome gray stallion. A Holy Beast that descends from the personal mount of the chief god Odin, the Divine Beast Sleipnir. Regarded as the finest of all horses in Norse Mythology, legend goes that only the greatest hero of Northern Europe was able to ride it.

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: A-
    The capacity to negate or abate the effects of Magecraft. Cancels all Magecraft of A Rank (High-Thaumaturgy that makes use of magic circles and Instantaneous Contracts) and below. Therefore, he cannot be injured by modern magi. Originally, he should be able to hold back the coercion of a single stroke of Command Spell, but it just so happens that he is exceptionally vulnerable to mental interference Magecraft.

Riding: A
    The technical skill to mount on vehicles. It also displays its effects on mechanized vehicles. Can freely handle all vehicles and animals, with exception of those of Mythical Beast and Divine Beast rank.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Divinity: E
    Whatever one has Divine Spirit aptitude. The higher the level more one is treated as a mixed race of a materialized Divine Spirit. Other than breaking Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Bodhi Tree, there is also an effect that reduces the special defensive value called “purge defense” in proportion to the Rank in this Skill.

Despite being mostly diminished by the passing of generations, he has some Divine Spirit aptitude as a descendent of Odin.

Golden Rule: B
    Not the golden ratio of one's body, but rather the predestination of how much cash follows around in one's life. At B Rank, it is possible to amass a treasury suitable for someone of noble birth.

This Skill originates from equipping the magic ring Andvarinaut. Still, as compensation, the LCK parameter suffers a great Rank DOWN.

Prana Defense: A+
    A Skill of the same type as "Prana Burst", magical power is translated directly into defensive power.

The real identity of Sigurd’s invulnerable body. Upon being baptized in the blood of the evil dragon, he acquired its magic reactor (ability) along with the dragon factor. As a consequence, his flesh became constantly wrapped in an aura of magical power. Even without the sorts of armors, his protections are already on the level of the Dragon Kind. Still, due to the legends on how a maple leaf got stuck on Sigurd’s back as he bathed on the magic blood, that place became the only vulnerable point in the defense that should have been absolute.

Runes: B
    Possession of the Magic Crest of Northern Europe - the runes. Can employ the Original Runes.

Applications include the “aegishjalmr” (helm of terror), a defensive charm that can protect the user against mental interference, created by inscribing Algiz eight times.

Wisdom from Time Immemorial: A
    Erudition acquired not through experience or instruction, but inherited by blood as a type of racial memory. With exception of those denoting physical burdens, most Skills can be employed with a proficiency level of B Rank or above. Skills that are particular of certain heroes are also not included.

In Sigurd’s case, this is one of the abilities derived from the dragon’s blood. Corresponding Skills include Animal Dialogue, Eye of the Mind (Fake), Item Construction and others.

Weapons

Hrotti & Ridill
    Two blades originally possessed by the brothers Fafnir and Regin. Hrotti is a double-edged short sword and Ridill is a single-edged great knife. Despite being different types of blades, since they both are the work of the same blacksmith – the dwarf Hreidmar – there are visible similarities between them. Though not on the level of Noble Phantasm, they are strong magic swords with runes of power carved in them.

Because Gram is too much famous, Sigurd uses these two blades when attempting to hide his identity.

NOBLE PHANTASM

HindarfjallNothing Can Impede My Passage
    Type: Anti-Unit (self)
    Mystic mare Grani. Sigurd’s beloved stallion. An outstanding animal whose lineage can be traced back to the personal mount of the chief god Odin, the Divine Beast Sleipnir. Legend goes that, while riding this horse, Sigurd could overcome any obstacles that blocked his way.

Rather than Sigurd's, it is better to say that this Noble Phantasm belongs to Grani itself; a special ability of the gray stallion that can be only activated when it is together with its chosen master. Even if the destination is isolated by a powerful bounded-field, Grani will surely get across it to take Sigurd to his destination.

Gram – The Sword of Inherited Supremacy
    Type: Anti-Fortress
    Magic sword – the sun blade Gram. The strongest magic sword that rivals the strongest holy sword. The sword of glory and ruin possessed by the greatest hero of Northern Europe, Sigurd. The sword thrust at the large tree (Barnstokkr) of the Volsung family that Sigmund extracted; afterwards it was recreated from the sword fragments that his son Sigurd inherited.

The “sword thrust at the tree that grants control” which is the original model of the “sword stuck in the stone that selects the king” – Caliburn. Thus, although they are on different leagues, their powers are similar: it releases a stream of light and heat that burns away everything in its path. Furthermore, as it is endowed with the special quality of dragon slayer, it is a weapon said to be the natural enemy of the King of Knights who is the personification of the dragon.

In Des Ring des Nibelungen that was compiled later, there is a change in name of Sigurd to Siegfried and Gram to Balmung.

Andvarinaut – Cursed Engagement Ring
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A cursed ring said to bring many riches, but at the same time always cause the ruin of its possessor. The source of Sigurd’s demise, but conversely is also an item that he has a great attachment to.

As the symbol of love between him and the Valkyrie Brynhild, when its true name is called the ring will summon the Heroic Spirit Brynhild to fight by Sigurd side. As a Servant, Brynhild has Independent Action of E- Rank and can only remain in this world for 30 turns.

Background
    BACKGROUND

The greatest hero of Norse Mythology, Sigurd was son of the King of Warriors Sigmund with his wife Hjordis and the last heir of the Volsung Clan. After Sigmund’s death in battle, Hjordis re-married with the King Alf of Denmark and Sigurd, who had not yet been born then, was brought into the world as Alf’s heir. But although he recognized Sigurd, Alf put the child under the tutelage of the dwarf Regin rather than raising the boy himself.

Despite his dubious morals, Regin did an exemplar job raising Sigurd. The dwarf gave him an education worthy of a king’s son, teaching Sigurd many arts, languages and even the secrets of the runes. Still, he often teased the young prince around in unsuccessful efforts of instilling feelings of rebellion towards Alf.

When Sigurd became a fine young man, Regin told Sigurd the story of how his father, Hreidmar, gained a treasure from the gods as compensation for the death of one of his sons, Otr. Regin was supposed to inherit part of this treasure, but his other brother Fafnir killed Hreidmar and monopolized the whole treasure for himself. Regin then convinced Sigurd into slaying Fafnir, who was turned into a dragon by a strong curse, and seizing Fafnir’s treasure for him. In return, Regin forged the magic sword Gram out of the blade fragments left by Sigmund.

Before his final battle with the dragon, Sigurd was an advised by the god Odin to dig trenches where Fafnir’s blood would be drained and accumulated, and to bath in this blood after the battle. After a violent combat, Sigurd killed Fafnir by burying the sword Gram in his vulnerable underbelly. Then, in accordance with Odin’s instruction, Sigurd gained an invulnerable body by covering his body in the blood of the dragon.

Afterwards, under Regin’s orders, Sigurd roasted Fafnir’s heart for them to eat. However, during the cooking process, Sigurd accidentally tasted the dragon blood inside of it. As a result, he gained great wisdom along with the ability to understand the language of birds. Through them, Sigurd learned that Regin planned to murder him so he could keep the treasure all to himself. Sigurd then killed Regin before the dwarf could betray him.

Cursed Ring

Among the many jewels and magic artifacts included in the dragon’s treasure, there was a cursed ring named Andvarinaut. With the power of creating great amounts of gold, the Andvarinaut was the most precious item in that treasure. But the ring also carried a strong curse cast by its original owner, the dwarf Andvari, and would bring ruin to however possessed it. Even the great Sigurd was no exception.

In his youth, Sigurd met a woman by the name of Brynhild and fell in love with her. Despite Brynhild warnings that their love would be a doomed one, the young hero took her as his woman. He then gave her the ring Andvarinaut as a present and departed with the promise of coming back for her one day.

Years later, Sigurd visited the court of King Gjuki of the Niflung lineage from Germany. There he was tricked into drinking a potion of amnesia by Queen Grimhild, wife of King Gjuki, who wanted to marry him with her daughter Gudrun. By the effect of the potion, Sigurd forgot all about Brynhild and his promise, so he had no reservations about becoming Gudrun’s husband.
    Sigurd then started living in King Gjuki’s castle as part of the Niflung family.

Not much later, prince Gunnar, the youngest of Gjuki’s three sons, heard the story about Brynhild, a Valkyrie who been imprisoned in a castle at the top of the Mt. Hindarfjall for disobedience towards Odin. Gunnar desired Brynhild for himself, but the castle were she was prisoner was surrounded by a dense wall of flames. Gunnar knew that Grani could transverse the fire, but the mighty horse accepted no rider other than Sigurd himself. So, Gunnar came up with a plot: Gunnar and Sigurd would exchange appearance through magic and then Sigurd would seduce Brynhild while pretending to be Gunnar.

Sigurd was not exactly entertained by the idea, but courtesy dictated that he could not outright refuse a request from his brother-in-law. In the end, Sigurd agreed to the plot and, with a little help from a potion of amnesia to make the Valkyrie forget about her promise with Sigurd, Brynhild was successfully seduced for Gunnar. At that time, Brynhild unknowingly gave the Andvarinaut back to the Gunnar-disguised Sigurd.

On one fatidic day, Brynhild and Gudrun argued about who had the best husband. When Brynhild bragged about the things “Gunnar” did to win her, Gudrun revealed what she knew about the plot and that it was Sigurd who actually seduced her. As proof, Gudrun gave Brynhild the Andvarinaut, which Sigurd kept it to himself.

Feeling insulted, Brynhild went to Gunnar and falsely accused Sigurd of taking liberties with her. Gunnar, who by then had set his eyes on the dragon’s treasure possessed by Sigurd, gladly accepted the excuse to get rid of his brother-in-law. That being said, he knew that there was no chances of victory against Sigurd in a fair fight. So he joined forces with his older brother Giselher for a double betrayal.

The two cursed Gunthorm, King Gjuki’s oldest son and heir, so that he would go into a frenzy and attack Sigurd. Armed with the cursed sword Dainsleif, the mad warrior-turned (berserker) Gunthorm was a match to Sigurd. Then, as the two betrayers hoped, Gunthorm inflicted a mortal wound on Sigurd by striking on the weak point in his back and Sigurd took Gunthorm’s life in retaliation. With their death, Giselher became the heir in Gunthorm’s place and Gunnar took possession of Sigurd’s treasure.

The legend tells that during Sigurd’s funeral, Brynhild remembered about her love for him because of the curse of the Andvarinaut. Overwhelmed by grief and guilt due having caused the demise of her beloved, she threw herself in the pyre where his body was being cremated so that they could be together in death.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; January 25th, 2016 at 11:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Summoning Brynhilde? No way.

Blog Entries
    Spinach got outwanked~
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Aside from the ability to summon Brynhilde he didn't wank as hard as I did, imo. Everything that's there has a basis, and he IS the greatest hero of Norse lore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Aside from the ability to summon Brynhilde he didn't wank as hard as I did, imo. Everything that's there has a basis, and he IS the greatest hero of Norse lore.
    You did one too? Where?
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; February 9th, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    You did one too? Where?
    I did a Brynhilde, not a Sigurd. Though I have contemplated doing a Sigurd profile, I don't think I'll bother. Because it'd be a copy of yours with some minor changes(weakening Andvarinaut, giving him Language of the Birds as a kind of Unified Language), I see no reason to bother with one of my own when your is around.

Blog Entries
    So...did I do okay with that one? Or is it unbalanced?
    ...or do people not want another GB'd one? I can delete it...
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    So...did I do okay with that one? Or is it unbalanced?
    ...or do people not want another GB'd one? I can delete it...
    I like the pic of dat girl and her panties, if it helps.