Page 57 of 782 FirstFirst ... 7475255565758596267107157557 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    I agree with Apple about Tyrfing breaking NPs too easily, but aside from that holy shit yes. I love Berserkers, and I love the Hervarar Saga.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Should include a line about concepts and that in the breaking swords bit. After all, no matter Tyrfing's strength, it shouldn't technically be able to destroy a weapon with less power but greater age and fame than itself.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
    I gave power to Aeacus's NP based on what he does. That guy can summon Myrmidons, of whom are included Achilles, Ajax and quite a few other greek badarses. Myrmidons are also often refered to as Greece's best warriors. Summoning a potentially immortal guy, a great archer, Ajax who had Rho Aias (we know what the immitated one can do... now think of the real Rho Aias) warrants an A++ already imo.
    Eh, Teukros and Aias come separately. They're descendants of Aiakos, certainly, but that doesn't mean they count among the Myrmidons: they're the leaders of the Salamis contingent, and they stay that way. Aias doesn't even mention their shared ancestry to Achilles, despite it being a useful point to make in Book IX (although that could just be because Aias isn't a particularly crafty speaker). And you have to note that they're blood descendants of Aiakos, not descended from the ant!Myrmidons or whichever version you want to use of their genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Oh god, Seika super spinecrush. That was awesome.
    Spine-crushing will continue until knowledge ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Shush you, I like Seika's expo-walls.
    Thank you. (Bloody hell, that's one smug-looking 'blush' smiley!)

I do find it amusing that you followed it up with this later, though. Some text-walls are more equal than others?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    I'll be honest, the almost-wall-of-text scared me.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I do find it amusing that you followed it up with this later, though. Some text-walls are more equal than others?
    What an Orwellian point of view!

More like, some wall-of-texts are posted at the wrong time. Tbh, when Spin posted it, I was busy doing something else.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Pretty cool idea, I think Tyrfing is a bit overpowered though. There is a load of stuff below A+, so the ability to break them all would in itself be a massive advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I agree with Apple about Tyrfing breaking NPs too easily, but aside from that holy shit yes. I love Berserkers, and I love the Hervarar Saga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Should include a line about concepts and that in the breaking swords bit. After all, no matter Tyrfing's strength, it shouldn't technically be able to destroy a weapon with less power but greater age and fame than itself.
    I thought so myself at first... I guess I imagined it something like this in my head. At C rank or less it is completely unfeasible to fight Tyrfing. At B rank it is possible to trade blows but still risky if a prolonged clash (say 1 second) occurs. At A-rank it is completely possible to duel it without much risk but there is still a small chance that Tyrfing will destroy the weapon. A+ and beyond, no chance of breaking. However, weapons stated to be "indestructible" like Ascalon (which is like Rank C in F/A? Hard to tell) will obviously not break even if their rank is inferior.

As for Five_X's concern: Is not the rank of a Noble Phantasm the weight of their mystery? At least that is how I understood it. I might have misunderstood though, of course, in which case I would perhaps need a clarification.

Thanks for the replies!

Blog Entries
    The rank of an NP isn't technically their mystery and history and all that blistery. Knight of Honour is, what? A++ rank or something? That's hardly got more "mystery" than the crystallization of Hercules' Twelve Labours.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure rank is more or less a completely arbitrary assignment derived from an item's role in the narrative combined with a rough gut feel about how it stacks up to the other stuff around it. This is the result of my detailed analysis.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's more their output, really depends on the heroic spirit and the NP.
    EX isn't such a big deal anyway, just means "not quantifiable", contrary to the other ranks it doesn't even say anything about the strength or mystery of the NP.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Here's another Servant, but behold! it's a Marvel person.

--------------

Servant: Saber
    True Name: Tony Masters
    Alignment: True Neutral

Statistics
    Strength: B
    Endurance: B+
    Agility: A
    Magic: D
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance
    Protection against magic effects. The spell is not cancelled but damage is lessened.

Personal Skills
    Disengage
    The ability to break away from combat. Saber can retreat from battle with a high chance of avoiding damage. Bonus effect of returning the battle to what they were at the beginning of the match.

Eye of Mind (True)
    Heightened insight that was refined through experience. Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Expert of Many Specilizations
    Access to and use of many expert skills. A total of 32 skills, ranging from archery, tactics, riding, spear-wielding, business, economics and others can be used with a profeciency of Rank B or above.

Noble Phantasms
    Tools of Survival Exactly What You Need
    Type: Support

A small device on his wrist, Saber can use it to make any type of weapon that he needs at the moment. Bow and arrows, shield and sword, spears, etc. The created equipment is counted as Rank C. However, only weapon can be created at a time.

Task Master Any You Can Do, I Can Do Better
    Type: Support/Anti-Unit

Saber's special ability, attained from drinking an experimental serum. The mixture gave him photographic memory and reflexes, making him able to copy and perform any physical act he sees. By analyzing his opponent, Saber can slowly anticipate and plan around their movements and fighting style. If enough time is spent analyzing and calculating the enemy, Saber can learn their fighting style and improve upon it. Any attack copied by Saber will be counted as one rank higher.

However, this ability is limited to physical attacks and movements. Saber cannot replicate magecraft and magical phenomenon.

-----------------

For those not familar with him, here's his wiki page.

Comments please?

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Fuck yes Taskmaster.

Kojiro: Hiken! Tsubame Gaeshi!
    Tasky: Heeeey....Nice moves ya got there, bishi. [trollface] Mind if I----TSUBAME GAESHI.
    Kojiro: WTF.

Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's more their output, really depends on the heroic spirit and the NP.
    EX isn't such a big deal anyway, just means "not quantifiable", contrary to the other ranks it doesn't even say anything about the strength or mystery of the NP.
    You say that, but the only way you can get "not quantifiable" in the Nasuverse seems to blow the top of the power scale. Heck if "reversal of causality" is not "non-quantifiable" enough to get an EX rank on "strangeness", then most of the stuff wont be.

Also, it is quite clear that story-wise, every EX NP we have seen are pretty much gamebreakers and not "oh well, its too strange to measure". At least that seems to be how they are depicted in Zero and Fate (OMG EX rank DESTROY EVERYTHING or OMG EX INVULNERABLE PROTECTION)

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    You say that, but the only way you can get "not quantifiable" in the Nasuverse seems to blow the top of the power scale. Heck if "reversal of causality" is not "non-quantifiable" enough to get an EX rank on "strangeness", then most of the stuff wont be.
    I think the reversal of causality isn't really the function on which the rank is based. Gae Bolg is B rank among the weapons that "don't/can't miss". There should be weapons that use more mana, or are more unstoppable, or have a bigger range, or whatever.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I obviously can't give you an example of a weak EX NP, but this should get the point across:
    Just compare Avalon and God Hand for example, God Hand is superior in protection and healing (unless we go by the theory that every attack that penetrates it has to take away multiple lives), but Avalon still gets an EX rank because it's so weird.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    The rank of an NP isn't technically their mystery and history and all that blistery. Knight of Honour is, what? A++ rank or something? That's hardly got more "mystery" than the crystallization of Hercules' Twelve Labours.
    Thanks! I updated the profile, improved the layout and changed the flavor text (epithet?) of Tyrfing.

As for Knight of Honor itself, I always assumed it was A++ because it could take possession of other mysteries, potentially A++ ones, oh well.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I obviously can't give you an example of a weak EX NP, but this should get the point across:
    Just compare Avalon and God Hand for example, God Hand is superior in protection and healing (unless we go by the theory that every attack that penetrates it has to take away multiple lives), but Avalon still gets an EX rank because it's so weird.
    Because weak EX NPs wouldn't even exist.

You don't go to all the trouble of mentioning that a hero had some amazingly weird but pretty weak overall NP that he never used because there was no situation he could use it in. Instead, you focus on the awesome swords your hero pulled out of rocks, and their awesome arrows tipped with Hydra poison, and their vast armies of awesomeness.

Thus, the weaker magical items are left out of legends entirely, and Servants aren't summoned with the item they never used and never mentioned to anyone.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

@Petrikow

I would just stick with the ranks without modifiers for Tyrfing. For instance, Godhand operates like that, B- B B+ are supposed to be all stopped dead even though the description just says B-ranked or below.
    So for weapons against Tyrfing, A-ranks act as normal, B-ranks chip down, C-ranks are like butter.

This also semi-balances it out a little although it still seems to be a crazy powerful NP for melee. It's like the uber version of Zero Lancer's spear. Of course, this does mean Archer has a good affinity against this Berserker haha.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    @Petrikow

I would just stick with the ranks without modifiers for Tyrfing. For instance, Godhand operates like that, B- B B+ are supposed to be all stopped dead even though the description just says B-ranked or below.
    So for weapons against Tyrfing, A-ranks act as normal, B-ranks chip down, C-ranks are like butter.

This also semi-balances it out a little although it still seems to be a crazy powerful NP for melee. It's like the uber version of Zero Lancer's spear. Of course, this does mean Archer has a good affinity against this Berserker haha.
    That is very true, a good analogy would be how Cybele works with the MGI stat, I guess?

Also, Tyrfing was supposed to be very powerful, Angantyr himself is not terribly impressive without it. The sword was passed down his family for a long time, so he's not the only wielder (Well, there are three people in the same saga called Angantyr, from the same family... two of them wielded the blade). The entire servant profile is more dedicated to Tyrfing's legend than it is to one of his wielders. But yeah, I might take it down one rank and make B-level NP's be the threshold... Will think about it.

Blog Entries
    Ah, finally decided to drop him here, just because. A snippet of what's in The Manhattan Project II, I guess.

Please do note: outside of MPII, this was made for lulz. It's serious to a point, but it's not something you can really "fine-tune," per se. :P

-------------------------

Servant: Ramesses II (King of Kings)
    Class: Rider

Background: Ramesses II, also known as Ramses the Great and Ozymandias, was a pharaoh of Ancient Egypt during the 13th Century BC. He is considered the greatest and most famous of all the pharaohs, and his sixty-seven year reign marked the last golden age of Egypt. He is most well known for his monuments, including many colossal statues, the temple complex of Ramesseum, and the grand Abu Simbel. As a Servant, he is well suited to either the Saber or Rider class, though even as a Rider as in this appearance he prefers fighting on foot, as unlike most Riders he never had a particularly famous mount. His most famous battle was the battle of Khadesh, the largest chariot battle in history, cementing his place as a Rider. Even when not summoned as a more physically capable class, he is able to stand up to even the greatest of Sabers in melee combat due to his sheer power. Needless to say, he is without a doubt one of the strongest Servants that can be summoned. He's a rather egotistical person, though this is tempered with wisdom. He mostly wants to be remembered as the greatest ruler the world has ever or will ever know, and he isn't shy about showing off his Noble Phantasms.

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance – A

Riding – B

Personal Skills:

Divinity – A+++ (at this level, Ramesses is beyond mortal and is mostly immune to all worldly damage, as a result only sufficiently divine or otherworldly beings or weapons can destroy him.)

Charisma – A

Prana Burst – B

Cult of Personality - A+

Noble Phantasm(s):

Ozymandias, King of KingsSonnet of the PharaohEX
    Anti-Army

Ramesses speaks the famous sonnet by Percy Bysshe Shelley, and by its end he and all those around him are forced into a location of Ramesses' choice relating to him, be it Abu Simbel, the Ramesseum, or the Valley of the Kings. This Reality Marble overrides any other currently present, and Ramesses has total control over the space and its very workings, with his greatest power located in Abu Simbel, though this same place is the heart of the Reality Marble and is the location of its weak point. Inside Abu Simbel Ramesses has access to dozens of other Noble Phantasms, a list of which would be too great to put here. All of these possessions can be used at will or brought out of the Reality Marble, represented best by his favoured chariot, or his death mask and the double crown of Egypt. Woe to those who find themselves trapped within this Reality Marble, as any damage done to the structures inside will return retribution to whoever dealt the damage, unless they are Ramesses himself. Those people will face an ancient curse, usually being driven mad, or even simply being poisoned. Most deadly of all, though, is Ramesses' ability to shift the structure of his Reality Marble at will, creating landscapes within his set bounds and altering the elements, the weather, and even his own location.

The Colossi of AegyptusVast Monuments of the GodsA+
    Anti-Fortress

Rising up from under the ground comes a great structure, one of the many ancient constructs of the Egyptians, be it a statue, an obelisk or even a pyramid, bringing with it Egyptian sand and awe-inspiring power. Generally, though, Ramesses favours massive twelve-meter statues of himself. In the Ramesseum even more statues of Ramesses can be called to fight, though understandably this requires much more magical energy to sustain. They can be either fast and skilled fighters, or they can be hulks with great strength and resistance to damage. If needed, they can act as a sort of “shield” to absorb damage for Ramesses, channelling their strength into magical resistance and raw endurance.

Ma'atThe Pharaoh’s Symbol - A+++
    ???

By calling out the names of all those old gods that give him power, Ramesses unlocks the true abilities of the war axe he carries. The blade extends in both directions, and the haft lengthens. A searing, blue hot flame glows along the sharp edge, and its very existence warps the space around Ramesses like a mirage. This is a weapon not meant to be used by any other than the pharaoh, the greatest of men, and truly Ramesses is the greatest among the pharaohs themselves. With each swing of the axe a wickedly hot arc of wind and pure, divine energy blasts out, levelling all that happens to be in its path. It is a construction of the eldest gods themselves, and is absolutely untouchable even by many of the divine. It is the source of all of a pharaoh’s power, responsible for all the life that flows through the Nile, for every grand pyramid constructed, for every grain of sand and of wheat in all of the mighty civilization of Egypt. Each pharaoh is granted Ma'at for being faithful to the gods, and it takes on the form of whatever they wish when they first acquire it. Ramesses, being the most famous and powerful pharaoh of Egypt, can use the full power of Ma'at, without restrictions.

Stats:

Strength – A
    Agility - A
    Magic - A
    Luck - B+
    Endurance – A+

------------------------

Sherrin and Spinach have had amusing debates over this guy. Oh, but I did actually feel like adding more description and stuff to his NPs. That clears up a tiny number of questions.

Blog Entries
    Hahahaha oh god Sherrin and Spin fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?