Page 70 of 782 FirstFirst ... 20606568697071727580120170570 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Huh, the first Berserker that terrified me instead of awing me...gj Seika! ^^
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Very cool, Seika. Makes me want to touch up and bring my Berserker!Roland up to date and post it.
    Post it! ... but only if it's fanwanked like Brynhild. / not serious.

But no, seriously, post it.

Decided to challenge myself again. This time, to make the weakest Servant ever... that is still horribly unfair for the opposition! With that said:

Servant - Assassin
    True Name - Issun-Bōshi (usually translated as "One-Inch Boy" though 'issun' actually refers to roughly three centimeters length/height)
    Alignment - Lawful Neutral

Statistics:
    Noble Phantasm - N/A (he has no true Noble Phantasm)
    Strength - N/A (too low to be measured)
    Endurance - N/A (too low to be measured)
    Agility - E- (C) (his AGI is technically only E- due to his only being 3 cm tall, but by taking his astral form, and using prana from his Master, he is capable of leaping many times his height and so his AGI is essentially Rank C)
    Mana - N/A (too low to be measured)
    Luck - B

History:
    Rather than the "true" Issun-Bōshi, who merely exists as a fairy tale, this Servant is the nameless spirit of a man who suffered from dwarfism during his life in a small village in feudal Japan. Mocked by his fellow villagers with the nickname of "Issun-Bōshi" for his diminutive form (though his true height was that of 64 cm) he lived a quiet and lonely life of ridicule and disdain (even his own parents seeing him as little more than a burden, though they still took care of him).

This changed one day when some of his fellow villagers brought him to a nearby mine to further bully him, only for the mine to collapse. His tormentors trapped within, only the tiny man could escape through a small opening in the collapsed tunnel. Despite the cruelty he endured from his peers, after escaping he immediately informed his fellow villagers of his tormentors' plight, and then, for the next few days, as the villagers worked around the clock to dig out the tunnel, he crawled through the opening, despite the danger of the tunnel collapsing further and thus killing him, to deliver food and water to those trapped within. This act of heroism and compassion earned him the admiration of not just his former persecutors, but of the entire village. He learned to appreciate his tiny form and even his nickname of "Issun-Bōshi". After he died his story was continually retold throughout the village, being distorted with each re-telling until he was finally regarded as a minor guardian kami of those who worked in the mines. It is this minor worhsip along with his act of heroism that allows him to be summoned as a Servant playing the role of "Issun-Bōshi", in contrast to Servant Avenger, who was regarded as the source of all evil by his fellow villagers, but became a Heroic Spirit due to the contentment they felt in being absolved of their own sins through his unwilling sacrifice.

Personality:
    He is very friendly and talkative for an Assassin (the only Class he can qualify for), humble, and is good-natured about the situation he suddenly finds himself in as a Servant in the Holy Grail War. Despite now being much smaller than he was in life (3 cm versus his original 64 cm) he explains that he is now much more handsome than he was in life and even jokes that he is much "bigger" proportionately speaking! Though he does not regard himself as a proper hero, he will faithfully serve any Master who does not force him to conduct evil acts (save targeting enemy Masters, which he grudgingly acknowledges is unavoidable given his weakness in battle).

He is easily the weakest Servant ever (theoretically he can be defeated by even a non-magus in direct battle), but he will not shy away from dangerous situations and will take nearly any risk in order to win a battle. However, it seems he is deathly afraid of the cold, due to trauma from when he was alive (sufferers of dwarfism can have great difficulty in keeping warm in colder climates and are at much greater risk of freezing to death than normal people). Winters were especially brutal for him as he could not leave his home, a rundown shack, and had to spend his days covered in blankets and his nights huddled together with his parents for warmth or risk contracting an illness and dying. A particularly cruel Master can coerce him into unethical acts without wasting a Command Spell by threatening to use the Command Spell to trap him in a refrigerator, freezer, ice box, or similarly cold place.

He wields a sewing needle as his weapon, just as Issun-Bōshi did in the fairy tale, and it is barely capable of piercing the skin of a magus using Reinforcement magecraft. A clever Master will quickly provide him with poison to coat his needle with so as to make full use of his limited abilities. His incredibly small size allows him to easily sneak up on enemy Masters (he will remain in his astral form as he jumps, the materialize just as he lands on his victim's head, shoulders, or back), even surrounded by witnesses in broad daylight, prick them with his sewing needle, and flee in his astral form before they even take notice of his presence. Depending on the strength of the poison used, the enemy Master will collapse shortly after, with passerbys mistakenly assuming he/she has been stung by a venomous insect (due to his/her earlier reaction of clasping a hand on the area pricked, not unlike someone stung by a bee) and is having an allergic reaction.

Even though 'Issun-Bōshi' claims he is satisfied with his previous life (and is even embarrassed that his story was so exagerrated in later tellings as to portray him as a guardian kami), he does have one wish. Though he earned the respect of his fellow villagers and, more importantly, the admiration of his parents, he secretly wishes that his good will and bravery could have been rewarded as Issun-Bōshi's was; for a miracle that could allow him to be normal so that he too may have found true love as Issun-Bōshi did in the story!

Incidentally, the Master who summons him is an expy of Katsuragi Shuuto, the main character from the "Ratman ~ The World's Smallest Hero" manga. A young man with no talent for magecraft (he possesses no magical circuits) and who is teased in school for being very short for his age (his little sisters, who are still in primary school, are barely a head shorter than him despite his being in his second year of high school). He dreams of being a hero and has no knowledge of the Holy Grail War nor the gravity of the situation he has been caught up in. He provides Issun-Bōshi with food and a place to rest out of his own generosity. Meanwhile, Issun-Bōshi, who has withheld the whole truth of the Grail War and of how Masters try to kill each other from him for his own safety (he even convinces the boy to use up his Command Spells so that enemy Masters will not detect him), sneaks out at night or during the day while the boy is at school, to pursue enemy Masters.

Class Abilities:
    Presence Concealment
    Rank - E (A+)

Though he possessed no inherent skills at stealth in life (indeed the Issun-Boshi of the story preferred to be noticed by others), his summoning as Servant Assassin affords him the bareminimu of Rank E Presence Concealment. However, used in conjunction with his incredibly small size and prana reserves (he literally possesses less prana than a familiar crafted from a small animal such as a rat or bird), his presence is so difficult to discern that he effectively has Presence Concealment of Rank A+. Not even enemy Servants, with keen senses beyond what humans can achieve, will sense him while he is utilizing his Presence Concealment, even at the moment he attacks, unless he comes within a single meter of them!

Independent Action
    Rank - D (A+)

Much like his Presence Concealment, this skill is affored to him for being summoned as an Assassin Class Servant. Though his own reserves of prana are incredibly small, again his diminutive status is his saving grace. Possessing no Noble Phantasms and incredibly low stats, he requires less prana to maintain his existence than an average familar crafted from a small animal. As long as he remains astralized most of the time and is allowed plenty of food and rest, he can remain in this world independent of his Master's prana indefinitely.

Personal Abilities:
    Divinity
    Type - Support
    Rank - E-
    Because, after the distortion of his story over many years, he was worshipped for generations as a minor kami who protected those who worked in the mines near his village, he has some small measure of divinity. It would normally be Rank E, but he thinks of himself being worshipped as a kami as blasphemous and so his Rank is reduced to Rank E-.

Cryophobia
    Rank - B
    An irrational fear of the cold, including cold weather and cold places. Due to his extreme susceptability to cold weather in life, Issun-Boshi is terrified of cold environs despite the fact that he is no longer vulnerable to cold weather as a Servant. This is especially unpleasant for him as the Fuyuki Grail War occurs during the winter months. Issun-Bōshi's fear of the cold is so great that an unscrupulous Master can force him to commit unethical acts by threatening to trap him in a cold place with a Command Spell. He will only persist in defiance if his Master's Command is truly deplorable, such as being ordered to kill a child.

Noble Phantasms:
    Fairy Tale of the Otogizōshi ~ Threading the Oni's Belly
    Type - Anti_Unit
    Rank - E (Rank can be boosted as high as C- by usage of Command Spells)
    Not a true Noble Phantasm as it is not a weapon, ability, concept, or even a technique. Rather this is strategy Issun-Boshi may employ though even with his courage he is loathe to do so unless his Master's life is at risk or he is forced to with a Command Spell. He will astralize, leap at the enemy Servant's mouth, and materialize within said Servant's motu before quickly forcing himself down the throat, piercing the target from within with his needle until he ends up in the Servant's belly where he will continue his assault, just as Issun-Bōshi defeated the oni that attacked the princess by stabbing it's belly from within when he was swallowed whole. Since most Servants' innards are much more vulnerable than their exterior, the attack is very dangerous, especially if Issun-Bōshi's attack STR is boosted by a Command Spell. Any Servant whose END is not at least Rank B will suffer severe injury; going into his/her astral form will not remove Issun-Bōshi from their belly nor will the Servant being summoned to his/her Master's side by a Command Spell. Only forced regurgitation will remove Issun-Bōshi or a Command Spell summon from his own Master.

Fairy Tale of the Otogizōshi ~ The Love Affair of Issun-Bōshi
    Type - N/A
    Rank - N/A
    Again, this is not a true Noble Phantasm, rather it is an unforeseen result of the circumstances behind Issun-Bōshi's summoning, and he himself is unaware of it. Just as Issun-Bōshi and the princess erased each other from existence in this one more cynical re-telling of the story, Issun-Bōshi's own weakness guarantees a cruel fate for whichever Master/Servant duo slays him in whatever Grail War he participates in. For you see, as the weakest Servant ever, not only does the Grail no even register him as a Servant if he dies (much like Servant Avenger was regarded as a human), but it does not even register his presence within the Grail itself nor even his actual summoning! As such, in any Grail War where Issun-Bōshi is summoned, the Grail will recognize the existence of his Master due to the Command Spells, but it will not recognize Servant Assassin as having bene summoned! Nobody but him can truly win any Grail War where is summoned, because if he is slain the Grail only registers five enemy Servants slain, and so the true victors will not be allowed a wish! Only he can have a wish by winning, and he unknowingly spites all other Masters if he is slain by denying them their wish, barring unusual circumstances (such as the Caster of the 5th Fuyuki grail War attempting to gather the necessary prana by draining the people of Fuyuki).

How's that? Weak as all hell, but if he dies you are screwed! Thus he is the weakest, but most broken Servant ever!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Ok, at first I was like, "Nonono Seika, you used to post such good... well, posts before...", but then... the thought of a screaming banshee on fire coming at you might be a sight worth of Berserker!Heracles pwning everyone... and such a display of awesome wtf-ness is always welcomed in a HGW.

So, in other words, I kind of liked this idea.
    Heh. But you didn't initially have a good impression?

Quote Originally Posted by qsurf View Post
    Huh, the first Berserker that terrified me instead of awing me...gj Seika! ^^
    Mmm. Honestly, I thought I'd gone a bit too OTT/grimderp for her to be actually scary. *shrug*
    Did design her with the idea that there is no escape thanks to B-rank Clairvoyance and the curse of Ater Ignis, though.

Issun is ... weird. Interesting, but weird. I do like the 'Threading the Oni's belly' as an attack, though.
    Last edited by Seika; March 7th, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Dido was an interesting gal. Kind of odd that she's a pseudo-Caster/Berserker (mostly in that the two seem kind of at odds, at least to me). I know she lacks most Caster things, mostly that she could be one is interesting.

And... Issun is... really odd. All I can say on him. He'd be a good Assassin no doubt.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Heh. But you didn't initially have a good impression?
    My "bad impression" lasted exactly two seconds, don't worry. Then I realized she's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Issun is ... weird. Interesting, but weird. I do like the 'Threading the Oni's belly' as an attack, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    And... Issun is... really odd. All I can say on him. He'd be a good Assassin no doubt.
    My work here is done! *big grin*

Well, he was intended as crack anyway, and it's basically a Servant based on someone whose only 3 freakin' centimeters tall at birth and presumably no bigger than one inch at best when he got older (decided to leave him as 3cm since it's more lulzy that way), so yeah, definitely weird!

I researched similar fairy tale heroes, especially Tom Thumb, and I almost, ALMOST, decided to do Tom Thumb instead because... "OMG!!! HE WAS KNIGHTED BY KING ARTHUR!?!? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!! I DON'T REMEMBER THAT FROM READING THE STORY AS A KID!! AND MERLIN PLAYS A ROLE IN HIS ORIGIN STORY!!"

Then I decided Japanese heroes need more love (plus I had the mental image of Issun from Okami in my head when I first got this idea) and Tom Thumb's story isn't really all that different aside from the big names who guest star (he even defeats a giant in much the same way Issun did the oni), plus Type Moon has enough crap from Arthur's legends already.

Almost decided to give him the Lucky Mallet (Uchieda Hammer) but decided a wish-granting hammer was too broken (even in other variations of the story it's a hammer that can shrink or make people bigger so it was still pretty damn hax), and this Issun is merely a nameless spirit playing the role of Issun (who didn't even really exist), so no magical shrinking hammer.

Magic Hammer sounds neat. With that he'd be perfectly viable then I think as an Assassin, since the shrinking/growing would give him some nice stuff. Understand why you didn't give it to him though, but it'd be nice.

Magic Hammer sounds neat. With that he'd be perfectly viable then I think as an Assassin, since the shrinking/growing would give him some nice stuff. Understand why you didn't give it to him though, but it'd be nice.
    Yeah, the idea was, this guy is the weakest ever, but still viable as a Servant, precisely because he is so damn weak that it makes maintaining him a breeze and sensing him almost impossible (plus, the hidden "F*CK YOU" that comes when he dies and the Grail didn't even register his being summoned so "LOL, no wish for the winner). Magic Hammer would nullify him being weak if it actually worked on Servants so I handwaved it away with some BS excuse instead of just nerfing it (cuz' really, what would be the point if it doesn't work against Magic Resistance; why shrink the Masters instead of just poisoning them).

Glad he got relatively positive reviews though. Take away that part about him basically screwing over any Grail War he participates in because he's too weak for the Grail to even recognize his entry/defeat and you suddenly have one of the most interesting/challenging Servant to play as/with in a FSN RP!

Incidentally, sorry for the lateness in this, Seika, but I loved Dido! A Berserker who can also be a Caster, plus, flaming banshee from hell! That was real damn awesome! If I saw some sh*t like that running at, me screaming her head off I'd soil myself!

I will love whoever makes a wanked Cleopatra or/and Tutankhamun for me.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Ew, Tutankhamen sucks. A Cleopatra is fine though.

A) Dido is awesome.

B) Okay I forgive you for Atom Bomb Guy, issun is freaking awesome. My only comment is that he really should a) have a class that isn't Assassin (Avenger 2.0, get?) just because that's not really keyed to anything within his legends, and b) I know the idea was to have him be kinda weak, but the poor guy could use an actual attack classified as a Noble Phantasm if he's going to be RP-worthy- I mean, even Avenger got one, albeit it sucked xD

...Kinda awful, incidentally, that someone who's legendary as a protector and savior gets into a Grail war and his major method of fighting is... to go around killing Masters. Gotta wonder about his ethical dilemmas there.

Edit: Cleopatra's back a few pages incidentally :P

But since you all want so much Wank, I'll gladly give you some of my own.

(Warning: The Following Servant is Entirely Too Silly and I am sorry I am even doing this. My apologies.)

True Name: ????

Class: Saber (Also Lancer, Archer, and Rider potentially)

Parameters-

Strength- E-A
    Agility- E-A
    Magic- E-A
    Endurance- E-A
    Luck- E-A
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Class Skills-

Riding- B: The inherent knowledge of how to ride or operate vehicles and animals. At this Rank, the Servant can ride most animals or operate any variety of vehicle without much difficulty. However, Phantasmal Beasts and Dragons are beyond them.

Magic Resistance- B: The ability to nullify or counter the effects of magecraft. At this rank, most moden magecraft has no effect on the Servant, but they are still vulnerable to the effects of Greater Rituals or High Thaumaturgy. Saber has an additional bonus form of resistance against Magecraft which is keyed to the target's Origin or magecraft which requires the target to have a definite identity or form.

Personal Skills-

Shapeshift-
    Ex- The ability to alter one's form and appearance. This Rank indicates an ability which runs beyond simple 'transformation of physical form', and approaches the level of a divine mystery, giving the user the ability to alter not only their physical features but also their very Origin, memories, and identity. An ability which escapes the normal boundaries of classification.

Knowledge of Respect and Harmony- E- An ability which prevents the degradation in effectiveness of attacks no matter how many times the opponent is exposed to them. At this Rank, while the techniques themselves may be countered, an opponent will not be able to anticipate which of the Servant's methods of attack will be used.

Legend: In history, there are many stories of heroes who completed monumental tasks through the aid of mysterious helpers, or through their wits or strength or purity. Each of these heroes was honored with a tale, however distorted it may have become in the telling- but many heroes lost their true names in the telling, simply becoming "a prince", "a knight", "a tailor", or "a soldier". In addition to these heroes who were real but have had their names forgotten, there are many stories told of such nameless heroes which have never and will never have any basis in reality- stories meant purely to entertain, which are now indistinguishable from the stories of the 'true' nameless champions. Saber has no name because he represents an amalgamation- a combined sum of each of the heroes of all of these stories, summoned as a single conglomerate entity. Similar to "Nursery Rhyme", the spirit whose identity is decided by the desires of the summoner, the "Nameless Hero, Saber" is difficult to summon and at first manifests as a formless human with no discernible features (onlookers will perceive them as a human, but be unable to classify anything about their features definitely- they will see a nose and eyes and ears, but not be able to identify anything specific about the structures). After being summoned, Saber will take on the form and identity of any of the countless nameless heroes he embodies through a combination of his abilities as a shapeshifter and his Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasms-

Legend Without Name- The Endless Tales of Forgotten Heroes- Support- EX - A conceptual Phantasm which is technically without any Rank whatsoever, and less a Phantasm than a core part of Saber's identity. Saber may, at any time, choose to abandon his 'formless' body and take on a definite form, which may correspond to any hero whose legend never names him or her. The conditions for taking such an identity are 1) that hero must, had he been named, be someone suitably qualified for being summoned as a Heroic Spirit; and 2) Saber's Parameters must be bound to whatever form he takes, and he must restructure his own existence until his memories, personality, and identity are those of the Heroic Spirit he now embodies. Saber will also gain access to any Personal Skills his new form has- even, if they qualify for one, a Noble Phantasm which is keyed to their most significant accomplishment during their story. Every two days at a semi-random interval "Legend Without Name", will return Saber to his 'formless' state, after which "Legend Without Name" will reactivate and randomly select a new form for him. In the case of certain nameless heroes, this Phantasm enables Saber to effectively "class change", though he has no control over when or how this will occur.

Reality Break- Stories of the False Hero- Support- EX- As Saber exists not only as the Heroic Spirit who represents true heroes whose names have been lost, but also a conglomerate spirit whose existence is distorted by the existence of stories of nameless heroes with no basis in reality, this Phantasm has been incorporated into his identity. When shifting to a new form, Saber may consciously invoke this Phantasm to retain bits of the identity of his previous form, such as memories, fighting styles, parameters, personal or class skills, or even a Noble Phantasm, and add that as a trait to his new identity. However, doing so causes his new form to be recognized as a "false Hero", since a Heroic Spirit with that identity as well as those parameters does not exist, and each time he does so he corrodes his ability to maintain his ego a bit more. Overuse of this Phantasm will cause it to completely override "Legend Without Name", and unravel Saber's existence entirely as he returns to the stories that he sprang from. The maximum number of times Reality Break may be used depends on the number of details from his previous identity which Saber chooses to add to his new one. Attempting to mix Classes- for example, trying to give the "Saber" class to an identity which is an "Archer"- will automatically result in Saber's form completely unraveling as he will have destroyed his own Vessel.

(So yeah, I loved the Nameless Gunslinger Archer earlier in the thread, and I loved one a friend of mine designed a while back, and thought it would be fun to make a broader variation on the theme since fairy tales in particular often fail to name their heroes. Comments are appreciated, criticism is a must.)
    Last edited by ScarletWeather; March 8th, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

Do kind of have to agree. Mostly I just wish he could use that hammer, since it sounds like it'd lead to some nifty things. And it's not like anyone else is going to get the hammer if he doesn't, barring some bizarre Gil-like stuff.

Reminds me of that Servant profile for the Unknown Soldier.

Was pretty awesome.

Blog Entries
    Dido was an interesting gal. Kind of odd that she's a pseudo-Caster/Berserker (mostly in that the two seem kind of at odds, at least to me). I know she lacks most Caster things, mostly that she could be one is interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Incidentally, sorry for the lateness in this, Seika, but I loved Dido! A Berserker who can also be a Caster, plus, flaming banshee from hell! That was real damn awesome! If I saw some sh*t like that running at, me screaming her head off I'd soil myself!
    Thanks! (Someone else who doesn't think that 'screaming, flaming corpse' wasn't too OTT to be scary. Hm, am I just weird?)

Yeah, the idea of 'Berserker(/Caster)' just developed as I was writing it out. A reasonable portion of her 'screen-time' in the Aeneid is her throwing about curses on Aeneas, so it seemed to fit. It also gave me a background/justification for the Regeneration skill, so that worked out reasonably.

Dido was kind of a weird Servant to write. She was really based around one single concept: this living corpse straight from her death-fire. And I think I lost a fair bit by doing the Berserker idea. The Archer or Caster versions would allow you to get an idea of 'Dido' generally: I could have added some skills that would be useful/intersting/relevant, maybe an extra NP, and played up her role as a leader. As it is, she seems ... too focused, too two-dimensional. Her description = 'lolDido-on-fire'. Her NP* = lolDido-on-fire. Of her four personal skills, two are sealed because of lolDido-on-fire, and another only exists to further lolDido-on-fire. (At least Clairvoyance added a little depth, I suppose).

(* Speaking of which, I do think I need to revise that again; either to split defensive/offensive parts or to regulate active/passive parts. Maybe even both. Hmmm ...)

I mean, I don't think the thought itself is a bad one - I was really interested in the idea, the feeling I got from the image in my imagination - but I definitely regret that it demanded so much focus. There were big limits imposed by my particular concept here - the insanity from her class and from the constant fire; the incredibly strong visual impact you'd have with someone engulfed in flame (rendering it difficult to move away from their use) and so forth. The stat-sheet format, I suppose, also makes it a little difficult, though I did try to work in a part of her emotional side in the description.

In the end, I definitely wouldn't disown the idea, but I will pronounce myself somewhat dissatisfied. It feels like I ought to somehow present this uncompromised concept, and have it be scary without going into comedic territory, and also be able to give you a less shallow idea of Dido. *sigh* Oh well, I'm happy to admit that I'm not a professional writer. Perhaps my standards are too high for myself (not that thinking that makes it any easier to lower them, or even really makes me want to lower them). Tch.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletWeather View Post
    A) Dido is awesome.
    Cheers! (Despite me just having admitted that I'm not so certain about that myself )
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

I think Dido is awesome precisely because of how unorthodox she is. And someone on fire yet still alive chasing you is, if nothing else, very different, and scary for sure. But I really like Dido for being such an off the wall kind of Berserker. She still feels like one even if she'd normally be Caster or something else.

Blog Entries
    Well, to be fair, Berserkers as a whole tend to get at least some of their Personal Skills weakened or sealed. So Dido having good ones but some of them being inaccessible felt pretty appropriate. I agree on the splitting up/dividing of the offensive / defensive abilities, but overall it's a really interesting concept.

I wish we had more Mage Berserkers honestly. For some reason I always like to imagine Scathach as a Berserker mage with Eternal Mastership of Magic or something. "[Fireball!!] (yes i can still nuke you.)" But first the trouble of her not actually being dead... ;.;

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletWeather
    Edit: Cleopatra's back a few pages incidentally :P
    I appreciate the shout-out, but mine was probably more subdued than wanked. ^^; I should go back and add Charisma to her, though, now that I know more about Personal Skill numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    I appreciate the shout-out, but mine was probably more subdued than wanked. ^^; I should go back and add Charisma to her, though, now that I know more about Personal Skill numbers...
    For me, wanking is about developing a profile that leaves you with a decent Servant who's cool not because OH MY GOD, THEY CAN PUNCH THE MOON AND HAVE IT EXPLODE LIKE IN DRAGONBALL Z, FWAAAAAAAA- and more about trying to portray the character in such a way that they seem subdued at first but have the potential to be much, much scarier than what it initially looks like on paper. S'why I just nerfed Solomon's ring to the point where he has it... as a non-NP, even though he's one of my personal favorites. When a Servant gets too powered up, a lot of what makes them interesting isn't readily apparent and it kind of limits how to approach them as a character imo, particularly since Servant profiles are stat sheets and divorced from a narrative that could give context to the moon-tossing, heaven breaking power levels. xD

Also your CleoCaster has Gaara sand that crunches people and serves as a partial Reality Marble. She's pretty bawss o.o
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

Honestly, I liked Cleopatra still, and sure she's much more interesting than trying to make her too powerful. Though really could just toss on some Isis coating and it'd be good for that really. And the nameless hero guy, heard of him before from a friend. He's... interesting. I think his second ability runs the risk of not being useful enough in some ways, mostly seems too easy to destroy himself, but beyond that I really like him. He's very interesting, wonder if he realizes his nature though, which if so makes me sad.

Honestly, I liked Cleopatra still, and sure she's much more interesting than trying to make her too powerful. Though really could just toss on some Isis coating and it'd be good for that really. And the nameless hero guy, heard of him before from a friend. He's... interesting. I think his second ability runs the risk of not being useful enough in some ways, mostly seems too easy to destroy himself, but beyond that I really like him. He's very interesting, wonder if he realizes his nature though, which if so makes me sad.

Saber- for want of a better name for him- only really recognizes his identity during the brief periods that Legend Without Name is inactive and in the process of transitioning him between identities. For him, the only real constant is that a) he is a Heroic Spirit, b) he is fighting in a Grail War, and c) he retains the information he has learned throughout the Grail War, and it is constant no matter what his identity is. His personality, desires, and even his core identity are basically prone to radical change. Reality Break allows him to maintain a consistent identity and can also potentially make him seriously dangerous since it effectively lets him do the equivalent of Min-Maxing his own abilities, but it's at the cost of his qualification as a conglomerate Heroic Spirit of "all the heroes whose names were forgotten before their deeds were". The more he tries to hold onto a single identity, the less able he is to exist as a Heroic Spirit. That said, he can't really be too sad about the heroes who make him up being 'nameless'- the only reason the formless hero "Saber" can be summoned at all is that their names weren't recorded. That said, his wish would probably be for those heroes to have their names remembered, which would undo his own existence as a conglomerate spirit but would restore the individual identity of every Heroic Spirit who makes him up.