Page 97 of 782 FirstFirst ... 4787929596979899102107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    I also wanted to bring up this guy, simply because he qualifies as a (post-flood) Heroic Spirit who predates Gilgamesh! Again, here goes:

Class: Rider.
    True Name: Etana of Kish, the Shepherd Ascendant.
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral.

Stats

Strength: D.
    Endurance: A-.
    Agility: A.
    Magic: C.
    Luck: C.

Class Skills

Magic Resistance: E.

Cannot nullify magic, but damage is reduced somewhat.

Riding: A++

Rode an eagle all the way up to the heavens... yep, think this qualifies.

Personal Abilities

Animal Dialogue: B.

Renowned as a 'Shepherd-King' and able to communicate with the eagle (decided to make it roughly near his Charisma Rank).

Bravery: A-.

The trait needed by him to make the ascent to the heavens at all, even if he could only do it the second time (hence the minus).

Charisma: B+.

As well as being king of the country, he was also said to have united and reasoned with several further nations.

Headache Sufferer: C.

As a result of his flight to the heavens, even if he seems to have resisted it.

Noble Phantasms

To The Highest Heavens, The Eagle Has Flown.

Type: Anti-Personnel.

Range: Himself, the eagle, and anyone caught in its talons.

Effect: Flies high up into the 'heavens', in a manner akin to Avalon of shifting the dimensional boundaries (likely how he was able to reign for so long). Here any Servant attacks will not be able to reach him, yet he also won't be able to attack without swooping back down to 'Earth' again for an ambush attack. Can be used in a more offensive fashion by having his eagle capture their enemy in its talons, forcing them to endure the spirit-crushing ascent.

Plant of Birth, The Continuation of Sumer.

Type: Support.

Effect: A plant plucked from the heavens with the ability to bring forth new life. As an object from the heavens, it is uncertain how long a Human (or in this case Human Spirit) like Etana can get away with using it.

I could possibly picture his master being a Dr. Frankenstein-like type obsessed with creating life-forms.
    Spoiler:
    While on the subject of Ancient Babylon, I also wanted to post a little reworking of Semiramis I've been doing:

Class: Lancer.
    True Name: Semiramis, Gift of the Sea.
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.

Why Lancer? Well in the Encyclopedia of Spirits (again), it says there's an Ashkelon-minted coin that pictures her holding a lance and one of her doves (phallic and vulvic symbols it says), which I thought fit as she once disguised herself as a boy (her son in fact) to lead her armies. Though her spear won't be a Noble Phantasm here, it will be used to activate her NPs.

Stats

Strength: B.
    Endurance: D.
    Agility: B.
    Magic: C-.
    Luck: C.

Personal Abilities

Bravery: C.

Her courage in battle was apparently the very reason Ninus was attracted to her in the first place.

Charisma: E~A.

Either adored as a goddess or sneered at as a harlot.

Divinity: B++.

Daughter of the mermaid goddess atargatis and a mortal, she further identified herself with Ishtar and even made claims of being a full goddess on earth.

High-Speed Divine Words: C-.

Though reputed as a sorceress, exactly how much talent at magic she had and how much was just her boasting is up for debate.

Territory Creation: E.

At this point, she is unable to create new territory, but is able however to magically reinforce or restructure existing territory.

Noble Phantasms

Peristeria, Queen of Doves.

Type: Anti-Battalion.

Effect: The power to summon divine doves to her aid and direct them with her lance. Her doves can be arranged in different formations conducted by the movements of her lance, such as attacking the enemy in a full-blown barrage (forward thrust), defending her (spinning her lance in front of her), and reconaissance (twirling above her head).

Arai Lehr, Clutches of the Void.

Range: Anyone swept up by her powers.

Effect: Pierces the ground with her lance so that the 'powers of the night' erupt from it, sweeping up anyone in their way. Then she thrusts her lance towards the sky from which she projects the image of a mountain, which anyone caught by the night is promptly impaled upon.

Basis: One of the fates she is said to have inflicted upon Ara the Beautiful, this is her personal method for dealing with any treasures she thinks are unworthy or no longer wants.

Gate of Ishtar, Wonders of Ancient Babylon.

Effect: Starts out empty, but as the Grail War progresses any physical items (up to and including physical NPs) formerly belonging to the enemies she defeats will be added into her treasury, which she may unlock using her lance as its key. It's notable that any items added here will be repurposed according to Semiramis' own vision of them, which depending o her understanding may improve or worsen the object.

Basis: Essentially a nerfed Gate of Babylon, it's based most on the numerous Babylonian landmarks that have been misattributed to Semiramis (such as the Hanging Gardens or the Behistun Inscription), as well as her own desire for conquest and possessions.

Legend

Known as a Babylonian regent-queen who made huge expansions to her empire and chased after numerous men, Lancer's true motive (interpreted by yours truly) was not based on lust nor greed, but rather pride. Abandoned by her mother, a goddess no less, at a young age for having the audacity to be born mortal, Semiramis spent her entire life aiming to rule higher and obtain greater than any other, all for the sake of proving her mother's lowly expectations of her wrong (or to finally gain her mother's acceptance, depending on how you look at it).

She sees the Grail purely as a conquest, possibly the greatest one of all, and if she can attain extra conquests along the way then all the better. And if owning the Grail itself won't be enough to get her mother to recognise her, then surely she can just use her wish to make her mother recognise her.

She expects of her Master another potential boyfriend, yet as the war goes on her opinion of him changes and she instead begins to view him as a surrogate son, with her asserting herself as a mother figure to him, intending to be the mother to him that she never had. Semiramis wouldn't know how to react to being summoned by a woman.

Couldn't find anywhere to fit in the chastity belt (if you'd even want me to), maybe as a summoning catalyst?

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I'd lose Caliburn completely. It was lost or shattered, hence her taking up Excalibur in the first place. Doesn't really make sense to have both simultaneously - it contradicts the legend when you're trying to bring her closer to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Yes, but this is Hypothetical Heroic Spirit Arturia. Since it's her at her finest, regardless of time periods, she'd have Caliburn since it's associated with her legend. Medusa didn't have Pegasus until she was killed and Blood Fort Andromeda rendered null, but she has both when summoned.

Being a Heroic Spirit is all about being "at your best." All a hero's legends compile into that when they're a Heroic Spirit ascended to the throne, and as a full-fledged Heroic Spirit Arturia would certainly have Caliburn.
    What Five said! And, hey, it's not like Sigmund wouldn't have Gram if he were summoned as a Saber regardless of the fact that it was shattered by Odin. Also, as I pointed out, Saber would only have all of that stuff if she were summoned in England, just as Cu would only get all his stuff if he were summoned in Ireland. While the idea is indeed to make a true Heroic Spirit Arturia, it is also my interpretation of an ultimate Arturia who has access to all the NPs associated with her. I even considered giving her the Round Table and especially the Siege Perilous, but couldn't think of ways to make them useful or practical (the Round Table giving her her knights would be too broken and she can already knight her allies with Clarent). I mean, can you imagine Arturia trying to convince the enemy to sit in this chair she just summoned up while whistling innocently (for those who don't know, the Siege Perilous is a special seat at the Round Table strictly reserved for the knight who finds the Holy Grail, anyone else who sits there automatically dies)?

Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    *snip*
    I can't stop staring at dark-elf voodoo babes boobs. She is awesome! The fact that she can make winged werewolves is just icing on a very sexy cake!

Unfortunately, Kiyohime didn't impress me as much. Seemed too plain despite apparently being able to go were-dragon on her foes. Maybe if you had explained her legend and motivation?

On the other hand, I loved Iskander's little mermaid half-sister! That was just the lulziest Berserker ever (and considering we have a loli-Frankenstein's Monster, that is saying something)! Someone needs to do a drabble with her in the 4th War and developing a crush on her brother's newest subject (cuz' no way does the admittedly cute but wimpy kid get to call himself her brother's Master)!

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Someone who is a Japanese schoolboy, is rather famously bullheaded and cares very much about the beauty of existence?
    As much as I want to give Shirou the benefit of the doubt, and I too thought of him initially, her description mentions she even has festering pustules on her face (she's not merely "ugly" in the anime/fictional sense, where some character merely has some noticeable defect that detracts from their looks by the narrative's standards but actually serves to enhance them in the eyes of fans ala the girl in Lyco's sig from Katawa Shoujo). She is flat-out depicted as being as physically repulsive in appearance as possible. Methinks not even Shirou is that understanding. Oh, he'd (try to) protect her for sure, cuz' he's that damn nice and heroic, and I can even see him admiring her as a great and brave heroine, but I can't see him falling in love with her (appearance really does have a huge psychological and biological impact on attraction; biologically speaking, you are not going to be attracted to someone who looks grotesquely diseased no matter how great their personality is; sad but true). What she really needs is a Master who is literally blind or who has some sort of spiritual vision that would allow him/her to see how radiant and beautiful her soul is.

It doesn't help that Rin would likely figure out her identity almost immediately and would then inform Shirou since she wouldn't know of the conditions for Tatterhood's true Noble Phantasm nor her wish to be loved for who she really is rather than her appearance. That or Rin doesn't ally with Shirou at all and they are now really screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    *snip*
    ... There are simply no words to describe how much I enjoyed this profile! This is literally my new favorite Servant on this entire thread! Not only did you make her potentially haxxed but balanced, but you even gave her an origin that seamlessly blends her original legend with the narrative of the Nasuverse! Making her Rin's Servant when she is both a Counter Guardian and a psuedo-vampire is just the marshmallows in the hot chocolate!

*snip*
    Liked Etana and can't help but wonder how Gilgamesh would react to the fact that this guy is not only a king but actually predates him! The only change I would make is how the eagle summon functions. Rather than have it literally fly him all the way up into the sky until he hits the figurative "heaven" (wouldn't he be out of bounds of Fuyuki City then) make it more like Avalon or Hakurei Reimu's Fantasy Heaven. While the eagle is flying, he is figuratively in the "heavens" and no attacks can reach him, just like Avalon makes it so Arturia is technically within the land of the fairies even though she is still standing right in front of the enemy (or Reimu's power to "float through the heavens" grants her phasing by 'floating' out of reality, even though she remains right in front of her opponent). The only catch being that he loses the protecton effect whenever the eagle attacks. This would make up for his low STR Rank. He plays a hit-and-run game with the eagle dive bombing foes and sweeping back up in the air to re-initiate his "I am technically in heaven now" defense. The key to defeating him would be to counterattack as he divebombs you.

Also liked how you fleshed out Semiramis, and made her look like more than just a femme fatale! Do wonder where her blood magic and poison fit in though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Unfortunately, Kiyohime didn't impress me as much. Seemed too plain despite apparently being able to go were-dragon on her foes. Maybe if you had explained her legend and motivation?
    Yeah, the Kiyohime legend's kinda brief so I didn't have much to work with. She's basically one of Japan's very first yanderes, a widower who was abandoned by her new love after he went off to resume his monk training. She responded to that by chasing after him, swimming along the river Hidaka until her rage was so great she transformed into a dragon, proceeding to bash and burn him to death after he tried hiding under the Dojoji temple bell (also, it never specifies exactly how she became a widower...).

Her motivation in the War I guess would be to find a finally faithful lover (bit like Semiramis' old motivation), meaning any male Master who summons her better be very careful. When not under Mad Enhancement she appears to be a very pleasant and docile woman, the last sort of person you'd expect to be a Berserker (or the first, if you've been through a When They Cry series marathon).

Really I only wrote Kiyohime's profile because I was on the hunt for potential female 'zerkers. Maybe I should post one for Mary Tudor later (with an Eva-Beatrice Face Claim no less), though I imagine her rage would be more cold and seething than screaming and rampaging.

And about that Thessalonike-Waver-Iskander drabble... sure, go ahead! Anyone who does it be sure to let me know when it's up.

Liked Etana and can't help but wonder how Gilgamesh would react to the fact that this guy is not only a king but actually predates him!
    Oh but it gets better, with Etana hailing from Kish, one of Uruk's main rivals!

Actually, let's put Gilgamesh in a room together with Etana and Sargon of Akkad, see how that turns out.

The only change I would make is how the eagle summon functions. Rather than have it literally fly him all the way up into the sky until he hits the figurative "heaven" (wouldn't he be out of bounds of Fuyuki City then) make it more like Avalon or Hakurei Reimu's Fantasy Heaven. While the eagle is flying, he is figuratively in the "heavens" and no attacks can reach him, just like Avalon makes it so Arturia is technically within the land of the fairies even though she is still standing right in front of the enemy (or Reimu's power to "float through the heavens" grants her phasing by 'floating' out of reality, even though she remains right in front of her opponent).
    Thanks for that, this was really more how I meant to describe his NP than what came out.

The only catch being that he loses the protecton effect whenever the eagle attacks. This would make up for his low STR Rank. He plays a hit-and-run game with the eagle dive bombing foes and sweeping back up in the air to re-initiate his "I am technically in heaven now" defense. The key to defeating him would be to counterattack as he divebombs you.
    I think I actually pointed this out in his profile, not to mention his Headache Sufferer trait kicks in every time he ascends (plus he can also drag his enemies up into 'Heaven' in the eagle's talons). I gave him a low STR Rank as he wasn't known for any particular weapon so just uses the eagle and the Plant of Birth to attack.

Honestly, for someone who predates Gilgamesh I'm worried a bit I made him too underpowered(!).

Also liked how you fleshed out Semiramis, and made her look like more than just a femme fatale! Do wonder where her blood magic and poison fit in though.
    I never heard anything about blood magic (though that could just be me), and the poisoning is just in one legend I believe (another just has Ninus being killed by someone's arrow).

But seriously GMan, I cannot personally thank you enough for the feedback, it's always heartening for me to receive response to my work (or in this case, my reworking). I actually wonder which of the canon Masters you could see my Servants with, though is that too much of a self-indulgent question?

Now onto other matters, from the first post alone it seems to me we've come this far yet still lack a sheet for Fionn mac Cumhaill (if it turns out otherwise please smack me. Hard). Well no more I say (possibly my most overpowered character sheet... yet, so be sure to also call me out for that)!:

Class: Archer.
    True Name: Fionn mac Cumhaill, Leader of the Fianna.
    Alignment: True Neutral.

Why Archer? Well if Ellan Mhannin/Giant's Causeway isn't enough to qualify him, then his crane-skin bag's similarity to UBW/GoB should.

Stats

Strength: A.
    Endurance: B.
    Agility: E.
    Magic: C.
    Luck: D.

Class Skills

Independant Action: B.

(From memory, believe this is a full day without a Master?) As the Fianna were mercenaries who lived on their own to hunt for half the year, this comes naturally to Fionn.

Magic Resistance: C-.

Able to block out Magic, but still causes him a sort of pain nevertheless (likely an echo of the time he resisted the fairy Aillen's song of sleep through causing himself pain through the Gae Nimh).

Personal Skills

Animal Dialogue: D.

Low-ranked as most of the animals he communicated with were technically transfigured humans.

Charisma: C.

No king, but still enough for the leader of a warrior band.

Headache Sufferer: B.

A side effect of both the aforementioned Gae Nimh and the Salmon of Knowledge.

Territory Creation: C+.

A side effect of Ellan Mhannin. While skilled in it, his Creations still lack inherent magic attributes.

(Personal Abilities section may need some reworking)

Noble Phantasms

Name: Salmon of Knowledge, Purity of Our Hearts.
    Range: Himself.
    Effect: By sucking on his thumb he is able to receive visions of the future. Similar to high-level Clairvoyance, though not activated through eyesight.

Name: Ellan Mhannin, Strength of Our Limbs.
    Type: Anti-Fortress.
    Range: EX.
    Effect: A.K.A Projectile (Anything), the strength of a giant that allows him to throw up to an entire island. This NP has had to be forcibly decreased in power by his Master though (much to Archer's displeasure), wouldn't want to end up blowing the magical world's cover now would we? There are some thing 'gas leaks' just can't explain.
    Basis: Threw an entire island, so... yeah. More specifically he threw the land that ended up becoming the Isle of Man (Ellan Mhannin in Ye Olden Tongue). Admittedly borrowed off a character sheet I found on another RP, though when you're working with the same Servant overlap can be inevitable.

Name: Camulos, Action to Match our Speech.
    Effect: A crane-skin bag containg a wide variety of enchanted weapons, including Gae Nimh, Spear of Seething Venom, Mac an Luin, Son of Waves and Sciath Galibhinn (have I spelt that right?), the Screaming Shield which could reach NP status in their own right.
    Basis: Named after a god identified (probably inaccurately) with Fionn's father Cumhaill, original owner of the bag.

Personality-wise Fionn comes off like an overgrown child, matching many people's stereotypical view of the giant kind. He's quite fussy and stubborn too and gets moody easily, and does not like to hear of how corrupt the Fianna became later in the legend, insisting that was simply balderdash invented by their enemies. Ultimately Fionn is a difficult Servant to work with, likely why so many Irish lords became exasperated by him (I sort of based his personality off Tom Baker a bit).

However, while he may possess the mentality of a child, it becomes clear that it's the mentality of one deviously intelligent child. Fionn places just as much emphasis on brain than brawn, if not more, and is fond of thinking up "Just as planned"-calibre schemes, then he'll innocently pretend it was just coincidence, likely whistling with his hands behind his back.

His summoning catalyst is the magical horn Dord Fianna, and it seems his wish for the Grail is to simply bring the Fianna back together again, like how they were in the good old days. He's not above actually asking other servants if they'd like to join the Fianna, a tempting prospect as refusal often results in an island to the face.

One last thing, do not summon him in the same war as Cu Chullain.

I also have a Servant sheet in mind for a reworking of Medea as Rider, but it's... pretty intense, let me assure you.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I'd lose Caliburn completely. It was lost or shattered, hence her taking up Excalibur in the first place. Doesn't really make sense to have both simultaneously - it contradicts the legend when you're trying to bring her closer to it.
    This.

Also, I have always thought that if she was summoned as a "True" Heroic Spirit, she would have the ability to summon the Knights of the Round + Merlin. The relationship and loyalty between King Arthur and his knights has been massively emphasized in almost any interpretation of the Arthurian Mythos that I have seen. Definitely above and beyond the loyalty Iskander's troops supposedly had for him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    The relationship and loyalty between King Arthur and his knights has been massively emphasized in almost any interpretation of the Arthurian Mythos that I have seen.
    Except for the Nasu interpretation.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Except for the Nasu interpretation.
    Well, Arturia wouldn't get anything from her legend in the first place, since she is just a "direct" copy of her "on the hill" state. :3

Besides, every KoTR we have seen so far has massive guilt for screwing up/undying loyalty for Arturia, sooo....
    Last edited by Mellon; May 20th, 2012 at 07:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Here's a thought for you all. In the Nasuverse Giants are apparently classified as Demi-Human (which is how I'm hoping to smuggle Fionn in), but also considering Loki is more accurately identified as a Giant in legend (and therefore Demi-Human by this logic), would it be possible to summon him as a Servant (either Caster or Rider, if he had Naglfar). Or is this just some stupid question I'll probably regret I asked?

Anyway, hope you're in an Assassin mood, 'cause that's what I've got coming up next:

Spoiler:
    Class: Assassin (Saber also possible).

True Name: Pedro Romero Martinez, Artist of the Arena.

Alignment: True Neutral.

Stats

Strength: D.
    Endurance: E.
    Agility: B.
    Magic: E.
    Luck: A.

Class Skills

Presence Concealment: C.

Prefers to stay out of sight till the first two stages of the 'fight' are complete, having his Master's familiars rush in and weaken the enemy while he observes their patterns.

Personal Abilities

Eye of the Mind (True): B.

A matador makes note to observe his surroundings and his enemy.

Knowledge of Respect and Harmony: B.

Prevents decrease in the effectiveness of technique. Even as an old man he was still able defeat 80 bulls in a row.

Subversive Activities: D.

In a bullfight, it is common to send those into weaken the bull before the matador steps up.

Noble Phantasms

Red Capote, A Bullfighter's Heritage.

Range: Anyone who casts their eyes upon it.

Effect: Upon unleashing his muletilla, inflicts E-Ranked Mad Enhancement upon anyone (even non-Berserkers, even Masters) without protection from mental interference. To those possessing Mad Enhancement, it only increases their Rank.

Basis: Along with being the common tool for any matador (along with the espada), the Romero lineage is said to have invented the muletilla. As a matador Assassin seems to be more at home dealing with Berserk Servants.

The Highest Art, A Lifetime Unscarred.

Range: Himself.

Effect: If any damage inflicted upon him can be considered a 'scar', it is automatically nullified. Considered a Luck-based NP more than a Endurance-based one.

Basis: Pedro went his entire life without receiving a single scar from his bullfighting career, almost like he was the matador equivalent of Honda Tadakatsu. Of course, he was fighting bulls at the time, not full-fledged Servants.

Pedro Romero Martinez was a famous matador said, in all his years of fighting, never to have received a scar on his body. Unlike his hotheaded ancestors who viewed bullfighting as a passionate display of courage, Pedro was more refined and viewed it as more of an art-form. He seems to have formed a teacher-student relationship with his Master, inviting comparisons to his later years where he worked as a teacher. He has no wish for the Grail, merely being content to step back into the ring again (If Li Shuwen can count for a Servant, I think Pedro isn't out of the question).

Spoiler:
    Class: Assassin (could easily be Archer, technically Saber too but wouldn't stand for the class's 'honourableness').

True Name: William Wallace (no seriously), Guardian of Scotland.

Alignment: Chaotic Good.

Stats

Strength: C.
    Agility: D.
    Magic: E.
    Luck: D.

Class Abilities

Presence Concealment: B-.

Not so good at vanishng himself from sight, but an expert at using the terrain to hide.

Personal Abilities

Charisma: D+.

A minor noble, yet nevertheless a popular one.

Military Tactics: D.

Triumphant at the Battle of Stirling, yet decreasingly successful afterwards.

Pioneer of the Stars: E.

Sure played his part in ending the prominemce of chivalric warfare, inspiring even the English to adopt underhanded tactics.

Subversive Activities: B.

Noble Phantasms

Chivalry's Bane
    , Dishonour or Death.

Range: 1 target.

Effect: A bow whose arrows deal greater damage against enemies more tightly bound to a code of chivalry and honour (the likes of Camelot and Uesugi Kenshin better watch out).

Basis: Wallace's underhanded tactics brought him his greatest successes in an era where chivalry was otherwise the norm, and as mentioned above may have inspired the decline of chivalric warfare in general. linked to his bow as in hsitory it has been considered the least honourable weapon for knights.

Triumph at Stirling Bridge, Depletion of Forces.

Type: Anti-Battalion (in theory).

Effect: Decreases the type of any Noble Phantasm used against him, so Anti-Fortress NPs would be lowered to Anti-Battalion, and Anti-Battalion would be lowered to Anti-Personnel, though no further.

Basis: The strategy that won him victory at Stirling Bridge, attacking when the enemy's forces were reduced in area.

Unstealable Freedom, Cry of the Oppressed.

Effect: A strike from his broadsword powered not only by his own force, but by the force of everyone considered his 'allies'.

William Wallace may sound like the sort to not take well to being a Servant, but he actually appears fine with it... on the condition that he isn't summoned by a British Master. His favourite tactic appears to be running up from the shadows after an enemy finishes crossing a narrow walkway and slashing them with his claymore.

Spoiler:
    Class: Assassin (Caster and Berserker also possible).

Name: Erik, the Phantom of the Opera.

Alignment: Neutral Evil.

Stats

Strength: E.
    Agility: C.
    Magic: D.
    Luck: E.

Class Skills

Presence Concealment: B.

Able to remain around the Opera House without being detected.

Personal Abilities

Expert of Many Specialisations: D.

Stage magic, ventriloquism, architecture, assassination, singing, composition, explosives... can be used at a procificency of Rank E.

Mental Pollution: B.

Mystic Face (Terror): C.

'Le Mort Vivant', the utterly terrible sight of his disfigured face behind the mask.

Territory Creation: B+.

The creator of several remarkable buildings in his life... each more trap-laden than the last.

Noble Phantasms

Don Juan Triumphant, Songs to Sleep Forever By

Type: Anti-Personnel (claims it could be 'Anti-Audience').

Effect: His staggering magnum opus, when played it paralyses anyone without sufficient mental resistance on the spot.

Palais Lustr, Death of an Audience Member.

Range: 1 person.

Effect: Summons a chandelier to come crashing down from the ceiling, instantly killing any normal human if they are not able to run away in time. Mages are able to resist it if they build up enough mana against it, and it is not automatically fatal against Servants, merely causing damage.

Grand Finale, Angelic Crescendo.

Type: Anti-Fortress.

Range: His Created Territory.

Effect: Creates a giant explosion that destroys his created territory, instantly killing anyone on it... including himself, as he cannot activate it outside his Territory (and knowing his distorted psyche, wouldn't want to anyway).

Could be considered my first fiction Servant, though the whole point of the book itself was that he was apparently a real life person once (wouldn't put it past the Nasuverse). Indeed, it seems his motivation for wanting the Grail is to become completely fictional.

Again, images not mine.

Blog Entries
    Here's a thought for you all. In the Nasuverse Giants are apparently classified as Demi-Human (which is how I'm hoping to smuggle Fionn in), but also considering Loki is more accurately identified as a Giant in legend (and therefore Demi-Human by this logic), would it be possible to summon him as a Servant (either Caster or Rider, if he had Naglfar). Or is this just some stupid question I'll probably regret I asked?
    Demi-humans aren't human. It's just a fancy way of referring to phantasm creatures that kind of look human. Take fairies, for example. They're demi-humans because traditionally, when you can actually see them, they look like nasty little people with wings. But they're just nature spirits wearing images created by humanity, there's nothing actually human about them.

And Loki is almost certainly going to be classed as a Divine Spirit in the Nasuverse, since the specific genealogy outlined within the myths seems less important than how the mythical figure is regarded by humanity.

Blog Entries
    Someone really ought to make a servant version of candle jac

NZXT
    Name: Volk Eskardos
    Magic Circuits: 30
    Mage's Association Rank: 3rd
    Elemental Affinity: Average One

Bio:
    Coming Soon.

Bounded Fields:

Liar's Fable
    Range: 10-30m
    An offensive type bounded field. Liar's fable is set up with a mixture of runes. When activated the field will create various illusions to those deemed hostile to the caster. When the caster escapes the bounded field it shows it's true story to it's unfortunate readers heating up to 900 degrees celsius around the boundaries. This turns the chalk into quicklime which is flooded throughout the field at high speeds by a surge of water drowning the reader of the fable in fiery death. At higher levels it takes on the likeness of greek fire. When using illusions the fable can recreate human images that can pass as the real thing be it an image of the caster or another. The caster has to have seen the person/object with his own eyes before he can use their image since the template is drawn from their retina. The same can be done with sounds but the Caster will have to not only hear the sound but be able to pair it with the image. Note that these are only illusions not gradation air or tracing. It does not recreate the object/sound only the illusion of it. Although to those who are fooled will feel the illusion of solidarity. Still no damage is done to the target even if this occurs. Those with resistance rank D or below will be completely fooled by the illusions. Those with C will notice errors in the illusion's behavior. B and above will pierce through the illusion. Those who are very familiar with the reproduced illusion (person) will have a higher chance of piercing the illusion. Upon activating the field for a combustive use it will collapse. When used only for illusions it can be used repeatedly.
    It is said that he often uses this spell to give him someone too talk too, however, he has been using it less since summoning Caster.

Mystic Codes:

Der Rosenkavalier: The Knight of the Rose
    A rapier that had been inscribed with Wind spells and inscribed with Runes, the activation of this Mystic Code results in sharp Winds enveloping the blade of the sword, creating a vacuum around the weapon and increasing its ability to cut and stab. The Winds surrounding the sword also negate any resistance air has to the sword, giving Volk a sword that can cut swiftly and at its greatest strength in slashing, due to the lack of air resisting the attacks that would otherwise resist against the sword. A Mystic Code activated by a single line, Der Rosenkavalier, and lasting for seven seconds per activation. It was named after a German opera by Richard Strauss.

Gun Mystic Code
    Coming coon

Spells:

Mudflow (Earth)
    Range: -
    Combining the elements of Water and Earth, it collects Water molecules and dust particles to make a more cohesive source of mud to be used in magecraft. The consistency of the mud is completely adjustable by the magus who can make either runny murky Water or a diabolical quagmire if he wants one. Is a very efficient spell in terms of putting together mud for a later spell. In the costing of prana is very efficient because for every 1 kilogram of mud the cost is halved divided by two which makes a lot of mud for little expense, and the base cost is 3 prana for 1 kilogram. Is also possible to manipulate the shape of the mud because of its original purpose to make bricks. Mudflow started out as a spell that was used to gather construction materials for building workshops. After collecting the right kind of mud Fire spells were used to bake them into bricks. In the following years mudflow was adapted to be used for making mud for offensvie spells.

Terracotta Bomb (Earth)
    Range: 30m
    A spell that capitalizes on the use of mud produced by Mudflow. Shapes the mud into balls the size of marbles and cooks them until they harden. The marbles are loaded with prana until they reach a volatility that will cause them to explode upon impacting an enemy when thrown, sending bits of terracotta flying out in all directions with high speeds like shrapnel. In a sense works on the same principles of jewel magecraft but cheaper because you don't have to buy jewels and also weaker because of low material quality and with fundamental differences. Is not like producing a simple thaumaturgical crest with elemental effects but rather uses magecraft to produce crude hand grenades. Each casting makes 5 bombs.

Plamya Pika (Fire)
    Range: 25m
    Russian for 'Flame Lance'. Functions by the user pointing his finger at a target, then manipulates the air between the finger point and the target into a clear path of oxygen. The tip ignites the oxygen pathway, creating a 'lance' of Fire that quickly travels towards the target with great force, setting them on Fire. Essentially has the same effects as an incendiary rifle round.

Burezov (Wind/Fire)
    Range: 5m
    A spell that is contained within Volk's Magic Crest – Its use usually involves the user causing an imbalance within the ordered structure of a substance or location, and causing it to burn up any Prana contained within, releasing the result as an conical explosion of Fire and kinetic energy. However, he has decided the spell could be more useful if used another way: instead of releasing the spell at range, he prefers to utilize smaller, highly concentrated amounts at near point blank range. That is to say, when he goes to deliver a punch, before he makes contact, the spell is released with the target being approximately a centimeter off the surface of the target, and about 5 cm away from his fist. The ‘target’ that he causes to explode is actually the air, but to someone who doesn’t know how the spell works it will seem like his fist had suddenly sped up and hit sooner than intended, creating the illusion of a 1-inch punch of some sort. Even if the opponent realizes the true form of this style, it is not a rigid style and has no real set of techniques, the timings as well as impact spots are interchangeable. Arguably, Burezov could also be used to deflect some forms of assault or simply create a large amount of dust to escape or change positions.

Dwfrufel (Fire)
    Range: 30m
    Welsh for 'Firewater', this spell literally turns Water, H2O, into Fire, through thermolysis. Simply put, the targeted Water molecules are superheated, instantaneously decomposing them into hydrogen and oxygen, both of which are highly combustible. For Water, thermolysis occurs at 2500 Celsius. As such, once the Water molecules split, all it takes to light them up is a single spark, which is also part of the process. Depending on how much hydrogen and oxygen are present, the explosion can be anything from small, to catastrophic. The Water used may be vapor in the air, Ice, or any liquid Water within casting range.

Raven Wings (Wind/Ether)
    Range: Self
    A strong barrier that can be activated with a one-liner. It manipulates the nitrogen in the air around the caster into a unnoticeable to the naked eye but concentrated layer around his body. It cannot be breached by spells of rank C and below and can withstand up to 2 B rank spells. It can also stop bullets, except for armor piercing or really high caliber rounds. However, it cannot block, or even halt, A rank spells. At this rank the shield can only be sustained for 5 minutes.

Perunić (Wind/Lightning)
    Range: 40m
    1 Megawatt lightning twister. Conjures up a miniature vortex with a highly unstable core that randomly generates lightning bolts at up to 1 megawatt of power. The tornado is mobile, but remains pinned to a center of force, limiting its movement to a radius of 5m. This puts it off more as a defensive measure, a powerful deterrent to keep enemies at bay. The spell is designed to last for approximately two minutes, more than enough time for its user to finish casting a ten-count incantation.

Wall of Ice (Ice)
    Range: Line of 10m - expands 2m for each two min on the field
    Creates a mural of prana infused Ice. The Ice gradually encroaches on an opponent and traps him into its walls. As they are infused with prana, the Water molecules composing the Ice are incredibly resistant to all elements. Its effect creates a sub-zero fatal temperature after a few seconds of entrapment and saps vitality and prana every few seconds from all opponents in the vicinity. An incredibly complex and huge costing spell that is incredibly deadlier the better magus an opponent is. The chill effect it creates homes into its target's prana and will continuously sap it until the target leaves the area. If a target has no prana it will simply suffer the effects of the cold barrage. It is a cruel and absolutely almighty spell that saps the living will of anyone in the vicinity but the caster. Activated by a ten-count incantation.

Heaven's Shriek (Fire/Wind)
    Range: 100+m
    A long range spell. The prana alters a location high in the sky, to create a Jetstream pointing straight down at the target. This is more for taking out fortified positions, as even after casting it takes a short while to actually happen, so if the target is moving, they might only catch the edge of the ensuing explosion at worst. It creates a blast effect of approximately 10 meters in radius, however most of the damage is concentrated in the inner 2 meter diameter, so the Caster cannot be close when using this either. The outer ring is somewhat above a fireball in damage, and is mainly intended to light the structure that the main ray punches through on fire. The only actual warning of this spell is a shrieking sound when the air first catches Fire. Well that and the pillar Fire itself. Then, then bad things happen. Basically a thin pillar of Fire slams down into the Earth, with the force of a small bomb. Incredibly dangerous, and long range, with a decent prana cost for its effect this is a very dangerous weapon. Activated by a ten-count incantation.

EX Rank Sacrificial Spell (if you've read about my Caster, you should know where I'm going with this)
    Coming soon
    Last edited by NZXT; May 20th, 2012 at 03:36 PM.

NZXT
    My Magus and Master of Caster.

Yeah, the Kiyohime legend's kinda brief so I didn't have much to work with. She's basically one of Japan's very first yanderes, a widower who was abandoned by her new love after he went off to resume his monk training. She responded to that by chasing after him, swimming along the river Hidaka until her rage was so great she transformed into a dragon, proceeding to bash and burn him to death after he tried hiding under the Dojoji temple bell (also, it never specifies exactly how she became a widower...).

Her motivation in the War I guess would be to find a finally faithful lover (bit like Semiramis' old motivation), meaning any male Master who summons her better be very careful. When not under Mad Enhancement she appears to be a very pleasant and docile woman, the last sort of person you'd expect to be a Berserker (or the first, if you've been through a When They Cry series marathon).

I am probably the only anime fan on the internet who has not watched a single season of When They Cry!

Oh but it gets better, with Etana hailing from Kish, one of Uruk's main rivals!

Actually, let's put Gilgamesh in a room together with Etana and Sargon of Akkad, see how that turns out.

Thanks for that, this was really more how I meant to describe his NP than what came out.

I think I actually pointed this out in his profile, not to mention his Headache Sufferer trait kicks in every time he ascends (plus he can also drag his enemies up into 'Heaven' in the eagle's talons). I gave him a low STR Rank as he wasn't known for any particular weapon so just uses the eagle and the Plant of Birth to attack.

Honestly, for someone who predates Gilgamesh I'm worried a bit I made him too underpowered(!).

Yeah, by Nasuverse standards he should be pretty buff since he's so close to the original humans. That said, he honestly doesn't have that many feats so even predating Gilgamesh won't change the fact that Gil should still be stronger.

I never heard anything about blood magic (though that could just be me), and the poisoning is just in one legend I believe (another just has Ninus being killed by someone's arrow).

It's mentioned in her Apocrypha profile (what little of it we have anyway). Apparently, her being the first in legends to resort to poisoning is why she's summoned as an Assassin and there's something in there about blood magic.

But seriously GMan, I cannot personally thank you enough for the feedback, it's always heartening for me to receive response to my work (or in this case, my reworking). I actually wonder which of the canon Masters you could see my Servants with, though is that too much of a self-indulgent question?

Waver with Iskander's little mermaid sister, just because of the lulz that would ensue. Not only would she be just as bad as Iskander when it comes to ignoring the kid and doing her own thing, but to top it off she's batsh*t crazy and takes a lot of strategy to use well. I can just see Waver pulling his hair out!

Kiyohime would work best with Kuzuki, IMHO. He'd be fiercely loyal just because she asked him to.

Can't really see voodo priestess with any of the canon masters to be honest. Maybe thematically she'd match Sakura what with her possessing people and transforming them into inhuman things being somewhat vaguely similar to what Zouken put her through, but I'd wager Sakura would not be happy to have such a Servant and there is no way she would put up with Shinji and his BS.

Semiramis would have also suited Kuzuki if she had retained her original motivation. As is, she's more like an evil, selfish version of Sakura. She never got over being abandoned by her family/mother, so she wants to prove them all wrong by becoming the most glorius woman on the face of the Earth. I can see her initially looking down on Sakura, but as she gets to know her she sees a little of herself in the girl and tries to get Sakura to become more like her. It helps that she can likely easily manipulate the likes of Shinji without actually killing him.

Can't think of anyone who suits Etana though. I just don't know enough about his personality.
    Is there more than one Fionn of Fianna? Cuz' I keep thinking of Diramuid's ex-boss, and if Diramuid actully had the stones to take the woman of a guy who can chuck islands I need to tip my hat to the man!

That said, I'd lose the island chucking. Heracles could hold up the entire freakin' planet, but he doesn't get an NP out of it even though it's easily one of his most famous feats. I think that, once you hit a certain level of insane strength, it just flat-out becomes impossible for the Master to summon you anywhere near your true strength.

Also, didn't he have the power to create magical healing water by cupping it in his hands?

My only other thing is the Salmon of Knowledge. Rather than sucking his thumb, which would look flat-out ridiculous, why not have it so that he bites his thumb hard enough to draw blood and then drinks the blood? It looks more stylish and makes him more intimidating.

*snip*
    The bullfighter felt like a bit of a stretch for me. Also, he should get some kind of Rank up when fighing beasts, and maybe even double Rank up if the beast in question is a bull, I'm just saying.

William Wallace... WAT? Wow, it actually turned out much better than I initially expected! He'd be an incredibly annoying Assassin to face off against cuz' he's strong enough to qualify for the Knight Classes, but still fights dirty. Throw in his nerfing NPs, and stat boosts aginst "honorable" foes and yeah... My only question is about his sword NP. It says his swings gains the added strength of his allies. Does that mean the allies who fought with him in the past, or does it mean any allies in the present-day Graill War, or perhaps even both? He'd be a monster if it's both and he teamed up with Iskander! The strength of all of his men and all of Iskander's men behind his swing would make that at least A++ Rank!

As for the Phantom of the Opera, I'd lose the Chandlier NP. That's just silly. It'd be okay if the chandeliers in his teritory are rigged to drop, or if he could rig a chandelier in someone else's mansion to drop as a nod to the sourcework, but making a specific NP out of it is unnecessary. Otherwise, I actually like him. A trap-master Assassin who lures enemy Servants to his lair, de-buffs them with his song NP all while his traps slow them down and weaken them further, then, if all else fails, he can suicide and take them down with him!

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Someone really ought to make a servant version of candle jac
    Apple? Apple? AAAAPPPLLLEEEE!!
    Last edited by G-Man; May 20th, 2012 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZXT View Post
    My Magus and Master of Caster.
    Wasn't Flat Eskardos the name of Berserker's Master in Strange Fake? Any relation?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That said, I'd lose the island chucking. Heracles could hold up the entire freakin' planet, but he doesn't get an NP out of it even though it's easily one of his most famous feats. I think that, once you hit a certain level of insane strength, it just flat-out becomes impossible for the Master to summon you anywhere near your true strength.
    Funny how we just went through this in the questions thread, but basically, Atlas did not hold up the entire planet, he held up the heavens. Celsius then asked "how much does the Heavens weigh then?" to which I could only reply with jest, because who the hell knows.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A naive calculation yields a weight for the whole atmosphere of slightly more than 5 quintillion kgf.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    A naive calculation yields a weight for the whole atmosphere of slightly more than 5 quintillion kgf.
    Ah, yes, but our current scientific definition of the sky does not equal the ancient greek belief of heaven.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *shrugs*

I know, I just like to post that sort of stuff. Makes me all warm and tingly inside.

Wasn't the Greek idea of the heavens a bunch of indestructible spheres that contained the Earth? Or at least it was at some point. Seems like the cosmology changed every 30 years or so.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

NZXT
    Wasn't Flat Eskardos the name of Berserker's Master in Strange Fake? Any relation?
    Yes, they are brothers, both students of Lord El-Melloi II.

Flat traveled to America to participate in a grail war, where as Volk will be participating in one located in South America and conducted by the Mage's association.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Wasn't the Greek idea of the heavens a bunch of indestructible spheres that contained the Earth? Or at least it was at some point. Seems like the cosmology changed every 30 years or so.
    Huh, I actually do not remember, sounds similar to Dante's idea of heaven though. In fact, he might have ripped it from the Greeks.

Edit: The heaven that Atlas held up was actually Uranus, the god. However, it gets little muddy, like with all religious things... Uranus represent both the heavens, or the sky, itself, in addition to being a being that has human physiology as he actually gets castrated once, by Cronus. So what did Atlas hold up? Well, apparently Uranus was sometimes seen a large roof of sorts, made of bronze. Uhhh... yeah.

But the biggest problem is integrating how the hell this went on in the Nasuverse, because since all of these myths are true, we suddenly have hundreds of different religious cosmologies clashing with each other. But this is getting too speculative so I will just stop here. Might continue some other post.
    Last edited by Petrikow; May 20th, 2012 at 05:11 PM.