Page 280 of 302 FirstFirst ... 180230270275278279280281282285290 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,600 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    "Hey, check it out, new banner."
    "Yo dawg I sank like 50 orbs in it for my new waifu and didn't get anything."
    "Check this out, I totally rolled like five copies of her because I am a dumbass who spends 200 bucks on fake gambling "
    "Aw man I'm gonna pretend to care "
    "Yo check out my sick build that also costs like 200 bucks"
    "Hey is anyone else uncomfortable this fanservice waifu has exposed ankles "

Cue everyone talking about what they rolled and everyone else pretending to give a shit for several pages. If you're lucky you'll get one post in 200 talking about the absolutely mindnumbing gameplay.

Gacha games are cancer. FEH too. I played it for a while just to have something to do on the shitter, then dropped it once my phone was good enough to emulate Thracia.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    You know you don't have to step into the ring every time you see some homies bantering.
    "Banter". Right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I'd definitely say it's alwful. Abhorrent, in fact. Literally only the fairy book was worth any attention and it was still thoroughly mediocre. Not to mention the barebones presentation and the mind-numbing number of interruptions by one-liners from FE characters that, I assume, were new to the game back when the chapters came out.
    For something so thoroughly mediocre, that description is a bit much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    "Hey, check it out, new banner."
    "Yo dawg I sank like 50 orbs in it for my new waifu and didn't get anything."
    "Check this out, I totally rolled like five copies of her because I am a dumbass who spends 200 bucks on fake gambling "
    "Aw man I'm gonna pretend to care "
    "Yo check out my sick build that also costs like 200 bucks"
    "Hey is anyone else uncomfortable this fanservice waifu has exposed ankles "

Cue everyone talking about what they rolled and everyone else pretending to give a shit for several pages. If you're lucky you'll get one post in 200 talking about the absolutely mindnumbing gameplay.

Gacha games are cancer. FEH too. I played it for a while just to have something to do on the shitter, then dropped it once my phone was good enough to emulate Thracia.
    They are, but nothing short of the full force of the law can stop them, and even then, that's only temporary because companies will find a way around such regulations within a capitalist system, and we'll be right back at square one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    "Banter". Right.
    Man you really have your undies in a knot. Take one look at my post, one look at Mattias' posts, and tell me all about the ill-will you feel radiating off of them.

Fair. I did get a bit too far up my own ass assuming ill will from you.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    I'd definitely say it's alwful. Abhorrent, in fact. Literally only the fairy book was worth any attention and it was still thoroughly mediocre. Not to mention the barebones presentation and the mind-numbing number of interruptions by one-liners from FE characters that, I assume, were new to the game back when the chapters came out.
    that is indeed the dumbest part. instead of filling it with actual story dialogue they are just quotes from the newest units without any explanation why they are there in the first place.
    everyone dislikes that. But no one takes the story serious anyway. 13 short chapters over a year is nothing. At least the OCs are at least fun to look at.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They're pretty hot I'll give you that

The overall aesthetic is great, and the books have some highlights. See-through bodies from Hel and the design on the dwarf mechs are two great ones I wish we got more of in a proper game.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    that is indeed the dumbest part. instead of filling it with actual story dialogue they are just quotes from the newest units without any explanation why they are there in the first place.
    everyone dislikes that. But no one takes the story serious anyway. 13 short chapters over a year is nothing. At least the OCs are at least fun to look at.
    I take it semi-seriously, but yeah, it's a real problem that the new heroes just have short generic quotes introducing them in the chapter. The earlier chapters actually did a better job with this, no matter how bad they were.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Communism/anarchism/popular-ideology-of-the-week wont save you from gacha

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Communism/anarchism/popular-ideology-of-the-week wont save you from gacha
    What is that even a response to? I just said that the only thing to stop this is overwhelming institutional force against gambling elements in video games.

Gacha is helping the revolution actually since jpgs of hot anime people give us vigor to fight another day.

(FEH does look exceptionally boring though)
    Last edited by Snow; February 13th, 2022 at 05:16 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Man you really have your undies in a knot. Take one look at my post, one look at Mattias' posts, and tell me all about the ill-will you feel radiating off of them.

I always radiate ill-will. Just look at my avatar. Edgiest shit you'll ever see.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I always radiate ill-will. Just look at my avatar. Edgiest shit you'll ever see.
    Eeyore would not be out of place in a Hot Topic store, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Gacha is helping the revolution actually since jpgs of hot anime people give us vigor to fight another day.

(FEH does look exceptionally boring though)
    You have to be invested in Fire Emblem to give it any time at all. I personally find it fun, but the only reason I got in in the first place was because I already liked FE, and the rest of the fun is primarily due to increasing investment over time. These days, I really only continue on because I like Aether Raids, and for some reason, the incentive to get shiny new Heroes is incentive enough.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's much like FGO on that sense. Completely reliant on your prior investment in the franchise.

Blog Entries
    I think that is part of the charm of FE as a gacha. You know who could come, you get in there with favorites and hope they are released or get alts and stuff like that. This keeps one going and even coming back.
    It is weird imagining playing a gacha that only makes OCs. There is no prior investment outside fanservice and first appeal. Nothing to base them on, nothing to wait for or expect
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Fire Emblem Heroes
    who plays it?
    I've actually played it since the release until a bit into aether raids, it is the only gacha game I ever began playing and managed to drop. It is just too unforgivably terrible.
    Well, the writing is profoundly awful, and that's one thing, but I think the straw that broke the camel's back was reading the description of Sturdy Impact and having an epiphany that this was what the game would be forever. Just chasing for characters you don't even want, just because they have a skill you need to keep up with the stupid enternally powercrept meta, and then not getting those characters anyway.

I think that is part of the charm of FE as a gacha. You know who could come, you get in there with favorites and hope they are released or get alts and stuff like that. This keeps one going and even coming back.
    It is weird imagining playing a gacha that only makes OCs. There is no prior investment outside fanservice and first appeal. Nothing to base them on, nothing to wait for or expect
    Not like those types of gacha haven't been released nor been successful.

Also, FEH has been much needed marketing for older, more obscure entries into the franchise and has breathed new life into older Fire Emblem. It's not ideal, but it's been done. Also, to the elitists, did you think under our current system that any other way to bring attention to those titles would work better?

Perspective makes you think you're right. Escavalien's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's much like FGO on that sense. Completely reliant on your prior investment in the franchise.
    I don't know, I've had the reality check of seeing people only really get into the franchise WITH FGO even if they knew of Fate prior. A friend of mine liked Zero but couldn't bring himself to give a shit about other Fate entries (he tried and failed pretty often) but he tried out FGO because other friends were playing it and it's what actually turned him into a fan and was able to go back and watch other Fates to the end.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, to the elitists, did you think under our current system that any other way to bring attention to those titles would work better?
    Releasing an official translation of Genealogy and Thracia on a medium where you can feasibly buy it and play it legally would be a good start as far as bringing attention to their existence goes. Same goes for Binding Blade, I guess. At least they aren't in Wii hell.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Escavalien View Post
    I don't know, I've had the reality check of seeing people only really get into the franchise WITH FGO even if they knew of Fate prior. A friend of mine liked Zero but couldn't bring himself to give a shit about other Fate entries (he tried and failed pretty often) but he tried out FGO because other friends were playing it and it's what actually turned him into a fan and was able to go back and watch other Fates to the end.
    There's still a prior investment there, even if it's small.
    Of course, there's the people who don't care and just go from gacha to depending on what's the most popular at the moment. Can't say I understand them at all, but I think it's a sizeable group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Releasing an official translation of Genealogy and Thracia on a medium where you can feasibly buy it and play it legally would be a good start as far as bringing attention to their existence goes. Same goes for Binding Blade, I guess. At least they aren't in Wii hell.
    True, but in our current system, and considering how Nintendo is, I don't think they would be pushed to do anything unless a significant amount of "new interest" is taken, and Heroes offers a way for them to gauge interest and to promote those older games.

I frankly think those games are also in sore need of remakes, not just rereleases. They all have some rather clunky mechanics and lack of charactererization for many units that wouldn't fly these days.