Page 104 of 621 FirstFirst ... 4549499102103104105106109114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 12410

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Gatekeeper:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Ziz "Guardian Of Celestial Winds"

Alignment: Neutral Good

Alternate Class: Archer

Strength- B
    Agility- B+
    Endurance- A+
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- EX

Personality
    Cheerful and warmhearted. Gatekeeper deeply loves life itself, seeing all birds as her children and most other living creatures as her younger siblings she shares the planet with. Yet she also has a ditzy side, being comically forgetful and tending to get in mishaps thanks to her large wings. While not ill-intentioned she can cause harm just by acting impulsively without considering the consequences, like the time she wrought havoc in the human world by dropping one of her giant eggs down to earth.

Gatekeeper herself is embarrassed by this side of her, finding it unbecoming of the mature and protective big sister she aspires to be. She'd get flustered and even burst out crying if her clumsiness is called out, having somewhat of a complex about it. She's particularly sensitive towards being called a "bird-brain", finding it an offensive insult towards all avians even if it hits uncomfortably close to home in her case. Yet past her childish demeanor at times Gatekeeper is ultimately a positive person who'd do her best to make amends for her rash actions if given the chance. In essence, a flighty older sister who nevertheless proves reliable when it counts.

Incidentally, upon summoning Gatekeeper takes up a fondness for a certain video-game involving birds trying to save their eggs from pigs in the modern day. Though she insists real birds like herself are far more noble and dignified than that, she can't seem to stop playing it anyways. "No, it's totally not just because the screen is so irresistibly shiny! I'm not a chicken, don't stereotype me like that!" she says while pouting.

Likes: fellow birds, humanity, calm skies, soaking her feet, cellphone-games
    Dislikes: being called an overgrown chicken, the word "bird-brain", her own klutziness, harm falling to those under her protection
    Talents: talking to birds, planetary defense
    Natural Enemy: Tamamo No Mae, Meltryllis

Class Skills:

Bastion Erection- A
    Inherent Skill of the Gatekeeper Class. It denotes the ability to steadfastly guard a designated place. While the user remains in position, their defensive capabilities receive a significant boost. At the same time, the Skill's effects are dependent on the Gatekeeper's ability to repel invaders- should the user let intruders through, the effects of Bastion Erection will be lost. The domain Gatekeeper wishes to protect is none other than the very World itself, her wings wrapping the farthest heavens. As such she obtains a high rank in this Skill.

Magic Resistance- B+
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below three verses are nullified. Even if targeted by the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals it is difficult for the Servant to be affected. Reflecting Gatekeeper's legend of shielding the earth from solar storms, this Skill receives a + modifier while defending against wind and heat Magecraft.

Personal Skills:

Primeval Beast (Sky)- A
    A Skill attesting Gatekeeper's existence as one of the three "great beasts" described in the Bible. The three would do battle in the coming apocalypse, ensuring mutual demise after which their flesh would be served to the surviving humans in the Millennial kingdom. Each of the great beasts embodies a respective element, with seamonster Leviathan being the beast of the oceans and hippo-like Behemoth presiding over earth.

As a bird, Gatekeeper's dominion is naturally the sky, granting her a conceptual advantage while in flight. As long as she stays flying Gatekeeper gains + modifiers to all her stats. Furthermore she both gives and takes increased damage against foes affiliated with the seas or earth, reflecting her fate to kill and be killed by them in the end of days.

Animal Dialogue- C+
    The ability to communicate with animals that don't speak a "language of words". However since it's not like the intellect of the animals improves, very complex nuances are not conveyed. As the king over all birds, Gatekeeper's variation of this Skill only allows her to exchange intentions with fellow avians. Not only can she come to an understanding with birds, but they'll usually want to do what she says.

Projectiles (Eggs)- B+
    The Jewish Aggadot recounts a story where Gatekeeper discarded one of her rotten eggs by absentmindedly tossing it down to the mortal world. The egg was so huge that upon hitting the ground it released a torrent of fluid that drenched sixty cities, and the shockwave alone leveled three hundred cedars. Ashamed at the destruction her klutziness brought, Gatekeeper was naturally much more careful about disposing of her eggs in the future. Even so, this anecdote is enough to crystallize into one of her Personal Skills.

Gatekeeper can condense her Mana to form hollow "eggs" she then hurls at the opponent. These "eggs" burst upon hitting anything, releasing a Mana-infused shockwave that damages nearby targets. The size and destructive power of these eggs varies based on how much Mana Gatekeeper puts into them. Normally they're only as big as a baseball and detonate with the force of a C-ranked attack. But by pouring more of her Mana into one she can create a giant egg the size of a wrecking-ball that generates an A-ranked explosion.

Feast Of The Righteous- C
    A Skill reflecting how Gatekeeper's body will be fed to the righteous in the end of days. All three great beasts would theoretically qualify for this Skill but only Gatekeeper thanks to her great love for humanity is willing to use it. In return for damaging herself, Gatekeeper can bestow buffs on all her allies with the Good Alignment. Naturally, overuse of this Skill will fracture Gatekeeper's Saint Graph and eventually kill her.

Noble Phantasms
    Shamayim Zeret Kanaph
    Oh My Wings, Shelter This Fragile Planet

Type: Barrier

According to legend Gatekeeper perches at the farthest horizon with her wings enclosing the very earth, guarding it from the solar storms that would devastate the planet and its inhabitants. Following that, this Noble Phantasm draws from her authority as one who protects and nurtures both mankind and the World itself.

Upon invoking its true name Gatekeeper envelops the target in her vast plumage, secluding them in a pocket-dimension that's completely cut off from the outside World. Within this Bounded Field, that resembles a boundless dark void shining with innumerable stars, the one she wishes to protect is totally isolated from anything that means them harm. Severe heat and cold, howling winds or even the corrective pressure of Gaea itself will all fail to affect those she brings under her loving fold.

However, Gatekeeper herself isn't protected, so an attack strong enough to kill her will still dispel the Bounded Field and return all inside to reality. This Noble Phantasm just means that as long as Gatekeeper herself draws breath, those under her protection will not come to harm. It can be called symbolic of her benevolent and selfsacrificial nature.

Kochav Shâchath Ruach
    Oh Winds, Smite All

Type: Anti-Army~Planet

A Noble Phantasm expressing the other side of Gatekeeper's authority, her role in holding back the solar winds that would ravage the earth. As one who holds back the winds, she can freely unleash them at her will.

By invoking its true name, Gatekeeper lets loose a sliver of the empyrean gales she shielded humanity from. Through a single legendary beat of her wings she expels a gigantic shockwave of fiery wind that lashes and sears away all in its path. This Noble Phantasm is a partial manifestation of the phenomenon mankind has always worshipped and lived in fear of, the divine calamity that wipes clean the planet and scours all trace of life. As such at its full power the shockwave ushered by Gatekeeper's wings is capable of boiling whole oceans and cracking continents, bringing a level of destruction to threaten the very World itself.

However due to her role in protecting the planet Gatekeeper will never willingly use the true power of this Noble Phantasm. Instead, she restrains its output to "only" pulverizing stone and sending armies flying, holding back from a truly apocalyptic level of destruction. It echoes the ordeal in the Book of Job when a mighty whirlwind collapsed the supports of his house and killed everyone inside, albeit at a far greater scale. Even given these restrictions, Gatekeeper recognizes the great danger this Noble Phantasm poses and will only call on its power when necessary to defend the planet and she can be certain no innocents are endangered.

So I'm back with another Servant sheet y'all. Ziz is one of the three beasts I see the least represented around here and in fiction generally, so I thought I'd try making a sheet of her. At first I planned on doing her as Archer with the anecdote of dropping her eggs to earth as an NP but I thought that seemed boring and then remembered Gatekeeper as a more interesting potential Class given her role in protecting humanity from the furthest winds.

As usual comments and critiques would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 15th, 2023 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Added tidbit to her personality

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Sounds fun. Reminds me of my idea for Beast Watt's Lostbelt, which had a version of Queen Victoria ruling over a steampunk Britannia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    Yeah that was basically the gist of mine as well. She was an embodiment of the Industrial Revolution (good and bad) with a steampunk theme. She had the Koh-I-Noor/Syamantaka-Mani and a mountain-sized factory train that could transform into a mecha based on Prince Albert as Noble Phantasms. It was weird.
    I would actually love to see more of these ideas!
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    I might try writing up Watt's Lostbelt in the designated thread sometime. By the way, any thoughts on Ziz?

Blog Entries
    Ziz: This is a good birdgirl. The idea of her using her eggs as projectiles made me chuckle because of how I used to play quite a bit of Angry Birds back in the day. Similarly, making her be a bit of a klutz is an amusing touch because that's one of the last traits you'd expect from an entity such as Ziz. Anyway, her Skills and Noble Phantasms are pretty good and I find Kochav Shâchath Ruach particularly interesting. It's tantamount to opening a hole in the ozone layer, which I haven't seen from...any other Servants, now that I think about it.

Also, did you know that in Jewish folklore, it is said that if the Ziz stood in the middle of the ocean, the water would only come up to its knees?

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Ziz: This is a good birdgirl. The idea of her using her eggs as projectiles made me chuckle because of how I used to play quite a bit of Angry Birds back in the day. Similarly, making her be a bit of a klutz is an amusing touch because that's one of the last traits you'd expect from an entity such as Ziz. Anyway, her Skills and Noble Phantasms are pretty good and I find Kochav Shâchath Ruach particularly interesting. It's tantamount to opening a hole in the ozone layer, which I haven't seen from...any other Servants, now that I think about it.

Also, did you know that in Jewish folklore, it is said that if the Ziz stood in the middle of the ocean, the water would only come up to its knees?
    Her NP opening a hole in the planet's ozone layer is actually a comparison I hadn't thought of at all while writing the sheet, but you're right that's pretty much what it is viewed through the lens of modern science rather than mythology. Wonder if I could've added a reference to that in the flavor-text... Also, yeah, I did read that part you mentioned, it's why I included "soaking her feet" amongst her Likes section.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, your mention of Angry Birds helped inspire me to add another bit of flavor in her Personality section. Hopefully someone finds it funny.

Blog Entries
    the sheet is amusing. Ziz really seems forgotten in a way, having barely any representation in modern day media. I heard of it years ago when I looked up the inspirations of the gen3 legendary pokemon and it is said Rayquaza represents the Ziz. Her first NP together with your pfp invoked images of Gojos ability.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    the sheet is amusing. Ziz really seems forgotten in a way, having barely any representation in modern day media. I heard of it years ago when I looked up the inspirations of the gen3 legendary pokemon and it is said Rayquaza represents the Ziz. Her first NP together with your pfp invoked images of Gojos ability.
    Thanks for the feedback, but what's a "pfp"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, but what's a "pfp"?
    Profile picture. Aka faceclaim.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Profile picture. Aka faceclaim.
    Ah, that makes sense. Appreciate the explanation!

Blog Entries
    Thanks! I'll dig her out at some point.

the sheet is amusing. Ziz really seems forgotten in a way, having barely any representation in modern day media.
    She's technically been in the webnovel Worm which is the only place I can think of her showing up apart from Pokemon.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    Thanks! I'll dig her out at some point.

She's technically been in the webnovel Worm which is the only place I can think of her showing up apart from Pokemon.
    She is also a playable unit in the gacha game Tokyo Afterschool Summoners but since it is primarily aimed at gay men (Ziz is one of only a few female characters) it is quite an obscure one from a mainstream perspective^^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elecrom View Post
    She is also a playable unit in the gacha game Tokyo Afterschool Summoners but since it is primarily aimed at gay men (Ziz is one of only a few female characters) it is quite an obscure one from a mainstream perspective^^
    Interesting. She's also summonable in the mobile game Sid Story, which features a whole bunch of historical/mythical figures as characters. In fact, I first heard about her through a reference to that.

Blog Entries
    Error: Servant not found. Error: Spirit Origin not found. Error: True Name not found. Error: ...

⪻-⋘-⪡-⫷--✙--⫸-⪢-⋙-⪼
    Da Vinci: "Well, Summoning protocols all okay. This gonna be out last summon for a while now, we have to household with our budget. But Trismegistus II strongly suggested we should do it. Lets hope 2021 brings us more resources, maybe that one can help with that."
    Sion: "Yeah, some of our recent additions were not really cost efficient. I swear, if we get one more servant that puts dust in my equipment, I let Nemo lose on them."
    Nemo: "I would appreciate if you dont use me to enact your wrath on others. But I agree, more high maintenance Servants would be inefficient for our situation."
    Master: "Well then, lets start the summoning and get a new friend."

Lancer of the Market

"Greetings. I came and answered your call. I heard you are in need of resources. There is nothing that can not be bought with money. Give me a bit of funding and I should be able to solve your monetary problems, no matter how big.
    Oh and apologies, introductions are in order. I am Lancer of the Market. I would give you a proper name, but I doubt we have enough time for that. Just call me 'Trader'. But first things first, Master, give me a time interval, not higher than 24 hours."

Da Vinci: "Hooh, that is an interesting one. Holmes, what is it? Something on screen?"
    Holmes: "Oh it's nothing. I thought something glitched out for a moment. The readings on him are a bit unusual."

Lancer: "Please, good Sir, dont mind that. I already know what the suspicious reading might be. As my name might suggest, I am a special kind of Heroic Spirit. Or I should rather say "we". I am the amalgamation of those associated with the Financial Market. With the knowledge I have about the current era, I doubt your equipment can handle the amount of data properly."

Goredof: "Per...PERFECT SERVANT. You say you can make me wealthy again? I MEAN ER- You suggest you can solve our lack of resources? I think you are a great addition to our cause."
    Sion: "Actually kinda not. If what he says is true, then he needs the financial markets to be active and well..."
    Lancer: "Dear Lady, please dont be disheartened, I am more than just a skilled player of the Market.
    Anyways, about myself..."

Info
    Class: Lancer
    Other Classes (If Applicable): Rider, Ruler
    True Name: "Trader"
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: the stock market

Parameters:

STR: E+
    END: E+
    AGI: E+
    MGI: E+
    LCK: undetermined

Likes: money, speculating, capitalism, plants in general(buttonwood and tulips especially), mathematics, art, hands(fetish)
    Dislikes: "suckers", sundays, bears, cotton
    Talent: speculating, earning money, losing money
    Natural Enemy: Rune Magecraft users, Communists
    Attribute: Earth
    Armament: pitchfork/trident, mantle
    Catalyst: the wish to become rich, certain book about stock trading

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance E-
    Cannot cancel spells, but magic damage is reduced somewhat.
    Granted through his Class Container. Even lower against users of true Rune Magecraft.

"I appreciate that the Throne granted me at least some Resistance. I am just a humble Trader, who only knows the magic of Capitalism and the Market."

Riding A--
    All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank, except his own Phantasmal Beasts, can be used as mounts. This rank is high enough to have an aptitude for the Rider Class under the concept of "riding the prices like the waves that they are". Without his beasts the same as rank C+, letting him handle various animals like bulls, bears, wolfs, sheep and to some extend sharks with an above average skill.

"Sharks... They ride the waves and feed upon their prey, I do the same in my waters that is the stock exchange. While they smell blood from miles away, I smell opportunity. Like the hungry man feeling when an apple is about to fall, I feel when the market is about to crash. But for real now, there are certain patterns named after animals that I cannot use as runes, thats why I can ride and control them. Ehehehe…or you may consider me a loan shark if someone does not pay up. Did I not pay your last meal, Master? I am joking of course...of course."

Insanity D
    Usually a skill often represented by the Foreigner Class. In Lancer's case it represents the insanity and stress one experiences on the stock market floor. One has to be insane to survive there and be successful, granting him a low rank in it.

"Hehehe, I am aware of the description of this skill and the concern you might have related to this certain class. You may trust me, my insanity comes from purely earthly reasons. I consumed the madness, i fed on it, I fed on the insanity of others and sometimes the market fed on mine. We all are insane investing our money into the monster that is the market and we became it because we saw what it is capable of. We are an amalgamation of the Insane. You never stepped on that floor, how could you, today it is nothing like it once was. So raw, so loud. Your shoulders on one site may get wet from champagne bottles popping and the other wet from the man crying, because he lost his family's savings. It was wonderful. The rush, the feeling, adrenaline. You truly gamble with your life, no the world itself, how exhilarating. Dont look at me like I am wrong, Master who saved the World couple of times. What is the world worth to you if you have lost all your money? You became useless to the world, you became nothing and when the world devalues your worth? You get pruned. You fought for the world so that did not happen, I did metaphorically."

Unstable Core D
    A skill that denotes unstable Servants, often Fusion-type or Pseudo-Servants. The Saint Graph and/or Mind of the owner is stressed, damaged, incomplete or is in threat of breaking for various other reasons. Grants Mental Pollution EX and Mental Schism B.
    Lancer is a peculiar case. While the more prominent wraiths in his Saint Graph shouldnt really be at odds with one another, because they all have the same common background, he has no real negative side effects from the fusion of many Wraiths.
    But that is exactly the strange part.
    His Saint Graph is almost bursting with wraiths in him. The exact numbers are unknown, it is only certain that there are too many wraiths that make up his Saint Graph. This condition grants him an EX rank In Mental Pollution, because that condition seemingly allows him to shut out any Mental Interference Thaumaturgy, but is still able to normally converse with others and agree with them. Mental Schism shows the opposing mindsets inside him, the fight between the bears and bulls.

Holmes: "The numbers say it is not comparable to amalgamation-type spirits like Jack. They harbor souls fused into one, while Lancer consists of many separate souls. I have seen it once before, but not with that many and each one of them could speak and show themselfes independently. Lancer seems to have one consistent persona. Peculiar, isn't it, Master?"

"Hooh? The Mental Schism? Please, dont worry about it. Just a natural side effect for amalgamation type Servants."

Personal Skills
    King of the Market A
    A composite skill of various skills related to his expertise. Consists of Golden Rule(Wealth&Knowledge) and Market Observation of the same rank and an unspecified rank in Charisma.
    The Golden Rule skills allows him to have the ever present destiny of acquiring wealth, even if he lost all money and has just 5 Dollars left; he shall become rich again through the power of the stock market and his vast knowledge about everything related finance and economy and things that could prove useful for trading. This includes an always cool head when confronted with decisions related to trading.
    Market Observation allows him a firm grasp on the financial situation in the present and past. It is even possible to reliably predict the future of the stock market in the near future and certain directions further beyond.
    His Golden Rule (Knowledge) skill is so potent nowadays due to the interconnectedness of the market, that his vast knowledge about everything that could be related or beneficial for his trades, that it even rivals Servants with Librarian of Knowledge skill or even one certain detective in Chaldea. He does not manifest with all the knowledge, but has to acquire it through research. Even without he has more than enough experience to be successful in Trading.
    His rank in Charisma is unknown and he claims he has it because of the attraction of the stock market itself.

"Hehehe yes, yes I think that is a name most fitting for myself. Endless experience, endless knowledge, endless talent. I consider my destiny to acquire unfathomable amounts of wealth rivaling that of that arrogant Babylonian King."

"My Charisma skill? Like the English Gentleman noted from the data. It cannot be categorized. The reason is simple, despite my character being a fascinating entity, the Charisma is emitted from the market itself.
    It attracts all kinds of people, but how they are attracted depends on their region and century they live or lived in. And as I have observed especially those who are in need of money to continue their passions. In the end it doesnt matter. Everyone is different and feels differently about the beast that may feed on your few bucks, but could spit out thousands in return. The effect is just that some cant stop listening to my financial advises. Master, you should come and listen to them as well."

Goredolf: "Yes, come and listen as well..."
    "See?"

Not Gambling, but Speculating A
    The ability to speculate in stocks.

A powerful ability that acts as a double edged sword. At the cost of an undetermined LCK parameter and low stats overall,
    it grants the ability to speculate on things or concepts he considers a "stock". The only thing that can be considered a "stock" on servants in his eyes are their parameter. They can rise and fall under effects from themselfes or from enemies - just like the stock market. Therefore he is able to speculate the rise or fall of certain parameter of servants, be they friend or foe and reap profits if he was right.

But first to activate this skill, the Master is forced to make a decision after summoning Lancer. He has to decide an Interval so Lancer gets a feeling what kind of "Trader" they are. In that interval the undetermined Luck parameter of Lancer is determined. They can set the Interval from 24h down to 1min. The lower the interval, the higher the range LCK can manifest in. When choosing 24h it is fixed at D- and at 1min it can range from EX to "-", so no Luck at all. The tendency is the lower the Interval the better the LCK stat can become. Being too cautious with the interval leads to worse LCK and overall worse performance. Therefore influencing the master steadily to be more bold and risky. The Master can change the interval every 24h.

If Lancer speculates that the STR parameter of an enemy or ally will rise or decline, he will "invest" his own STR stat into that speculation. Then after a time that roughly equals 1/10 of the set time interval a luck check is performed and if he succeeds, the STR will change as predicted, most of the time by one rank. If Lancers LCK is A or better, it can even change by two ranks by low chance.
    Lancer's own parameter he invested with will therefore rise as profit in proportion to the success of the gamble/trade and will keep it. The "lost stocks" of enemies that had their parameter lowered are not gone, Lancer holds them and his own parameter conceptually as a bank. The parameter of those affected by his trades return back to normal each day at the same time, which is the time of Lancer's summoning. But Lancer is able to "sell" them back to the owner or even others who were present during the "transaction". If the enemy wishes to get them back early, Lancer is obliged to offer that possibility to them. They then can offer parts of their own parameter in exchange for the other or straight up money. If the exchange is roughly in equal value, Lancer will fulfill the deal and trades the points back to the opponent and gains the points of another parameter for himself. He then can use them to strengthen himself or use as source for next speculations. If Lancer pleases he may also be able to gift his own parameter to other Servants.
    If he failed and the parameter moved into the wrong direction, he has to deal with stronger enemies or weakened allies and permanently loses the gambled points in said parameter and has to earn them back through various means. They could be desperate speculations on allies' parameter or rearranging Lancer's own "assets" and change one Stat into another with a bit lower than 1:1 conversion rate. It is also possible that Lancer's master "pays up", meaning he can pay Lancer money and is able to buy back parameter. How much and at what conversion rate is dependent on the "market price" meaning it is cheaper if the parameter has already lost a lot of value and more expansive if it barely lost value. Additionally the price rises in times of need, means during combat it is especially expansive to buy back stats. The price is relative to the wealth of the master. One Dollar for a poor master can be the same value as 1 million for a rich master.

One insidious way to use this skill is to increase a stat of a Servant too much. Like a balloon can only hold a certain amount of air before bursting, a Saint Graph of a Servant can only hold a certain amount of one parameter. If through various ways a Servant reaches the limit of his physical capabilities, thats what Lancer calls a "bubble" and increasing it further leads to it bursting. What follows is the dramatic fall in that parameter, lowering it below it's original state. When a Servant reaches the limit, Lancer is able to see a yellow tulip bloom on that servants body, invisible to others. If he plucks that tulip, the bubble will burst and the negative consequences will take place. In fact he is able to see 5 different tulips on each Servant, each representing a different parameter. The state of blooming grants Lancer something akin to the skill True Parameter Discernment.

"Look at it like this. A normal human has a limiter in their body. Your jaw has enough power to shatter your own teeth. You still cant do it. Why? Limiter. Same for punches, else you hurt yourself too much. That concept applies to Servants and their Saint Graphs as well. Some have limitations how much their parameter can rise. Become too fast and your mind cant keep up. Become too strong and you destroy your body. Have too much Mana and you cant handle your spells anymore. That is one way to make use of my unique talents."

"The difference between Gambling and Speculation? It is simple. Suckers gamble, I am not a sucker, therefore I do not gamble.
    *sigh* I see you are not satisfied with my answer. You can gamble anytime. In a fair game the chances are fixed. A coin toss today has the same chances tomorrow. To start Poker with two Aces has the same chance today as it had 100years ago. Gambling is leaving your win up to chance. Speculating has no such fixed chances. The art of good Speculating is only playing when the time is ripe for an inevitable movement, that tips the chances overwhelmingly in your favor. You do not depend on Luck, you create your own "luck". I do that with my Runes for example..."

Rune Magecraft (Pseudo) B
    A skill that denotes one having the possession of Pseudo-Runes.
    Grants the ability of influencing the direction of parameters of servants by inscribing the runes on them. Also grants a low rank in Psychology, Mathematics and Astrology.
    The ability to make use of signs that can be interpreted as runes. In this case they are Japanese Candle Patterns.
    The crystallization of the methods of those living for the stock market.
    Humans always tried to predict the future through various means all across the world. Be it reading intestines of animals, palms, the stars or bones. Even in the modern age, the time of rationality where magic cant help us to look for clues about the future any more than a wild guess, we still use them in a new form.
    One of the two schools in trading is regarding themselfes as the Technical Analysts. Methods using mathematics and psychology led to the construction of several tools and patterns that make it seem like a stock chart is a text of strange glyphs.

The "runes" Lancer uses dont inscribe an effect, it inscribes a chance. In conjunction with the Not Gambling, but Speculating Skill, it allows him to tip his speculations in his favor, but not guaranteeing it. Inscribing several of the same runes will not work, as they would contradict each other. It is possible to inscribe the opposite rune if the user changes their mind, but a certain time period has to go by to make it work and the chance is lower than if he did it from the beginning. Using several runes that target different "stocks" is possible and they work independently. The higher the Magic Resistance of the enemy, the less impact the runes will have. Only those with Resistance of A+ or higher are able to negate them completely, but only if they notice the inscription.

"Master, for the inexperienced eye it may seem like the market moves randomly, but Randomness is just a fool's way to say they are unable to see the pattern behind it. The Technical Analysts understand that and found the signs in which direction the market will move. Still beware of all the signs, the beast may trick you."

"Hehehe you noticed the inherent Astrology knowledge of this skill? Excuse me, I amuse myself about that too. Failing suckers flee into superstitions when they can not accept their incompetence. One of such was Astrology and Financial Astrologists now roam the vicinity of my realm and hunt those fools who fall for their scams. As if the movement of some dirt in the sky has influence on prices. It became enough of a trend to allow me access to this knowledge through some of parts I guess. Ignore it, I wont use it anyways."

The Runes

Hammer STR+ / Hanging Man STR-

Inverted Hammer AGI+ / Shooting Star AGI-

Three White Soldiers END+ / Three Black Crows END-

Morning Doji Star MAN+ / Evening Doji Star MAN-

Dragonfly Doji LCK+ / Gravestone Doji LCK-

For those who want to know more...

"Hooh so you are interested in hearing more about my wonderful Runes? Everyone can use them or rather identify them. Look here my inexperienced friend. The rectangle is the candle itself. It shows where the price started and where it ended. The color shows if the price concluded above or below the starting level. In classical charts it is white, in modern day green when the price has risen. Black or red if the opposite is the case. The black lines are the candle stick or shadow, they represent the movement between start and ending. So simple, but we have so much information we need in a simple form. Beautiful. Lets take my favourite, the Evening Star, as an example. The price strongly rose to the stars, barely any movement down. The next day, barely movement at all, the market is tired, does not know where to go and like a red twinkling star of doom, like the red eye of Taurus, it foreshadows the fall...and then the price falls. It shows the psychology of those who participate in the market. Human thoughts given shape. Simple, mathematical, efficient."

Noble Phantasms
    Mount and Weapon NP
    Charging Bull reaching for the Stars, Great Bear of Wall Street
    The Beasts of the Market

The Bull and the Bear are the animals that represent the modern market. The market is either bullish or bearish, goes up or down, charges or plunges. That image is crystallized in form of two bronze colored phantasmal beasts. Because upholding their animalistic form at all time is draining Lancer's energy, they have secondary forms, that represent them adequately as well.
    The bull takes on the form of a Pitchfork, Lancer can use as his primary weapon. The large horns become the outer spikes. The pitchfork is a symbol for one of the most famous tools in Technical Analysis, Andrew's Pitchfork, a method to show a trend in the market. By piercing the ground with it, he can conjure "Candles" that spring up, attacking foes from below.
    The bear takes the form of a bear hide that acts as a mantle. The bearish market tanks and it's name is suspected to derive from bear hide sellers, that sold the hides before even hunting them, in hope for having sold them over value. By infusing the hide with a bit of mana, Lancer can harden it in the form of, what he claims, a big fan. He rarely uses it, but he can use it to throw it in front of distant allies to protect them from an attack. He states it is his form of Gann's Fan, an analysis tool of a famous trader of the past.
    The damage the pitchfork deals and the mantle absorbs is dependent on a luck check. It can rank from 0% to +-32/50/68/100%.
    The Great Bear has statues over the world too, but only in smaller stock exchange, as most cant compare to the Wall Street, that is synonymous with modern stock trading.
    Lancer says he gained access to the bear, because he is tied to the bull and one cant be without the other, as the stock market is an ever present battlefield of the bears and bulls.
    The Bull is more offensive oriented, while the bear takes a rather protective role. Lancer usually deploys only one of them in animal form during combat. Not necessary because of the mana consumption but because deploying both would cause them to attack each other in a stale mate. Only with a True Name Release it would be possible to deploy them both, which he tries to avoid to keep his origin a secret.
    Both beasts can become stronger by Lancer's successful trades. The Bull becomes stronger proportional to his profitable bullish trades and the Bear for his correct bearish trades.

"Look at my mounts, Master. The bear and the bull. Me being able to tame both shows how I conquered the market. Those who bet in a particular side are called bears or bulls. I am above them. Regardless of which direction the market goes, I will be able to profit from it. And you know why? Because there is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side. "

"Ah Master, please dont talk about the bulls scrotum. I am very well aware they are…shiny. Another superstition and tradition at the… Nevermind, please dont rub on them, they wont bring luck and the bull could get…agitated."

Secret NP
    The Ones that control the Market
    The invisible Hands

The stock market is a modern mystery. How it moves and falls like the waves in the ocean, how some claim they are able to predict the seemingly chaotic movements of prices and they themselfs someday drown in those same waves as it acted contrary to belief. It is so mysterious to onlookers, as it was controlled by invisible hands.
    That belief is crystallized as Lancer's NP. He is able to conjure almost invisible hands and control them at will. They spring out of his back and can grab, punch, squeeze and tear enemies as if they were the claws of a giant. They can also be split into several more smaller hands to attack several foes at once. He often uses them to inscribe his runes from a safe distance without the foes knowing. The strength of those Hands depend on the success of Lancer's Trades and their STR parameter is separate from Lancer's own.

"My favourite ability. It comes from our Father of Free Market Capitalism Adam Smith. The old man knew even back then, that Global Trade is the way to increase wealth all over the globe. Without his theories of the Invisible Hands, maybe a Servant like me could have never been born. Yes, I like those hands…"

Last Resort NP
    Great Market Crash
    Black Thursday, Imagined Doomsday of Falling Men

New York City, 24th October 1929, Thursday - Black Thursday. The New York Stock Exchange is in free fall and chaos. The panic there opened the gates for further events to take place and let the Great Crash of 1929 crawl it's way into history. Tenacious rumors had it that several brokers jumped to their death out of the windows of the skyscrapers of Wall Street. Their crashing bodies the heralds of the coming crash of the market. This rumour holds still today, hold up by words of Winston Churchill who saw it happen with his own eyes (tho one day prior, so unrelated to the events) and comedians who joked that at hotels you could book beds to sleep and windows to jump. One paper claiming "If half the suicides which were reported […] had proved true, Wall Street would be a deserted village this morning,” Even statistics back it up by claiming that in that month suicide rates were lower than usual. So what happened then? Did people really see falling bodies?
    Yes and no. There were no falling bodies, but people did see them. The panic that was amassed that day let emotions and thoughts run wild. The Market has created a bubble, which burst and the market dropped fast. Many lost their wealth and suicide thoughts were rampant. Still, the same day the situation could be calmed for a start, preventing those thoughts of becoming reality. Yet they existed and many thought the same and through that it was like the world ran a simulation. The scenarios those affected played in their heads, merged together and faceless and nameless men started jumping out of windows to their death and never reached the ground. Some were able to see that, some not. The phenomenon may be compared to a real time Nelson Mandela Effect, with several people seeing the outcome of a different timeline. It lived on as a myth, which now manifests as Lancer's last resort Noble Phantasm.
    As crystallization of Panic, opener of Crash and vision of falling men, combined with other so called "Black Thursdays" that happened during World War 2 and were associated with bombings, Lancer releases his most terrifying move.
    Realizing he has lost and has no way to escape that situation, his true dark face shows and he is ready to drag all down with him. He uses his invisible hands and rips open his chest. They, now drained in his blood and visible, show that he is ripping something out of him and throws it into the air, over and over again. While manically laughing he shouts the name of his Noble Phantasm:

"GREAT MARKET CRASH! BLACK THURSDAY, THE IMAGINED DOOMSDAY OF FALLING MEN! ENJOY IT YOU SUCKERS! WE ENTER THE GREAT DEPRESSION HEHEHE HAHAHAHA!"

Around him a Reality Marble forms, transforming the area into the 1929 Wall Street and in the sky black stars rise and darken the sky. They become bigger and the onlookers notice - they are no stars, but bodies falling down. They are the wraiths that were stored in his saint graph. Maniacs laughing while falling to their deaths out of hights no one may survive. After hitting the ground they explode in a cloud of black blood and a Mana shock wave, that damages all in a small vicinity. The image of Armageddon inflicts fear and panic upon onlookers and the concept of crash lets all their parameters drop drastically. Normally Servants would be able to withstand such an attack, but their lowered stats make even that attack threatening to them and afterwards the lowering of their parameter will prevail for a while. Lancer will watch how his foes that brought him down are crushed, while his eyes close. A trade that was worth it - a trade to die for.

Description
    Trader is an amalgamation-type servant. The concept of "Trader", "Market" and "Money" for humans given form and other wraiths that represent them forced into it. Parts of that Saint Graph are more prominent like Adam Smith, William Gann and Alan Andrew, lending him their conceptual weapons. The father of candle charts, Monehisa Homma, is in it as well, boosting the power of his Rune Skill. Other known names are probably in it too, but to discern them proves to be hard, as his concept is strengthened by the imposed vision of the human consciousness about those "who play the market". Only his character quirks may give clues who else was integrated in him. His love for flowers and trees, especially tulips and buttonwood, may relate to the ones living at the time of the first recorded market bubble or those that were the founding fathers of the NYSE.
    How much of them are part of his personality is hard to tell as well.
    Lancer is greedy, but generous; uplifting, yet oppressive; respectful to the strong, the fast, the enduring and smart and ridiculing the weak, slow, hasty and dumb. Kind to his allies, but distant and still prepared if the alignments shift; respectful, but at times cant help himself to belittle others with a little joke when he sees himself superior in wealth or knowledge. In battle calm and collected, confident to the point of arrogance for his successes, humble before the results are in and laughing at his own idiocy when he failed. He respects all who show intelligence and strength, that expands to all those who have lost a great amount, but still came back, head held high with the determination to climb back up and further. Those who give up, the hasty and bad losers, those who he would describe as "suckers" cant expect a sliver of mercy from him. He knows when to stop and when to keep going, knows when to start and when to leave.
    He loves what he does best, trading, investing money and reaping the reward in return. But being at his level is hard. He wastes his time away observing countless graphs, trying to find connections, correlations, anything that may be of advantage to make profit, reading through any paper he could find to expand his knowledge - fast. "Time is Money, as they say." And every trade he wants to make seems to be debated among his parts - a Mental Schism between those who want to go in or out. That leads to sometimes extraordinaire spending of his money, occasionally just for fun and because he has "spare change" and will later rebuke his own decisions. Even for a Servant that can be hard for him and the signs of overwork and inner turmoil are his red eyes and black rings under them. When the market is especially hard "to play" one may hear him talking to himself, apologizing for failing.
    Because he prefers to act alone, he avoids having too many contacts with others Servants. Despite that, if he has the time he enjoys flirting, openly admitting he is a womanizer with his good looks and wealth. His certain fetishes are obvious, but he tries to keep them...subtle, whatever that is supposed to mean.
    Lancer can depict both extremes of the spectrum really well, fitting the extreme opinions one can have about traders and their craft. Like that little girl born from stories and mimicking her master, he mimics the impressions about those "who play the market", even more the opinion about them from his Master.

Tactics
    Lancer is very aware of his current parameters and knows that he probably wont have a chance against normal Servants, sometimes even weaker ones. He therefore aims to avoid combat, searching for alliances and sweettalks them. While they fight he acts as a supporter, speculating on the combatants parameter, strengthening allies, weakening foes and becoming stronger from successes. From a distance he uses his invisible hands to inscribe his runes on targets and raise his chances of successful trades.
    While a low time interval set by his Master allows for fast profits and therefore fast growth, it steals away the time to accurately predict outcomes and crosses the line from Speculation to mere Gambling. This can lead to losing the budget Lancer has more quickly and is especially dangerous if the Luck Parameter is low. Low timeframes allow for great potential, but it can become unpredictable, while longer timeframes allow for a steady Parameter, that guarantees a certain level of predictability and success. A precise middle ground needs to be found and it varies from Master to Master. Lancer will observe closely how the mind set of his Master evolves and becomes his own "Player of the Market".
    Because his Runes are fake, users of true Rune Magecraft have an almost unfair advantage, as one particular rune, symbolizing wealth (Fehu), can completely negate the effects of his runes. But even without true runes a certain method of counterplay is possible. If Servants or Masters have abilities to influence the Parameter willingly, they can 'manipulate the market direction' and foil Lancer's predictions.
    The longer he is manifested, the stronger he can potentially become and let his Hands and Beasts do the fighting, while he concentrates on avoiding damage by allocating his assets accordingly. AGI to evade attacks, MAN to raise his Magic Resistance, END to tank hits better, but prefers to not be hit at all. Usually he only invests in strength at the start of summoning and when the rewards are sufficient enough, he reallocates to more useful parameter, as his two NP will do the work for him.
    His terrifying Last Resort NP is something he doesnt want to use. Only in the most desperate situations when there is no way out but certain doom, he uses it to drag down his opponents. It shows that his distant and gentlemanly demeanor might be just a facade he keeps up and is actually a bad loser, who falls into his definition of "a sucker".

Quotes & Relationships

"Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again, Master.
    History never truly repeats, but it does rhyme like poetry. Fools who really think "this time will be different" are foolish suckers. They will lose their cash, while I walk away with my sure profit."

"The reason I kept going while trading is the same anyone else kept going in whatever field they're in. You won? Nice, more experience. You lost? Unpleasant, but you learned a lesson. See it as you paid tuition fee. Remember that losing is natural, Master. Accepting it is the best thing to do. But not accepting it is…like staying bullish in a bearish trend. Every second makes it worse."

"Let me tell you, Master, the true Evils of Humanity from my perspective as a player of the market: Ignorance, Fear, Greed, Hope. Be ignorant and you lose opportunities. Be fearful and you lose concentration and sight of your goal. Be greedy when others are fearful, but have too much greed and you miss the point to stop. Be hopeful despite all the signs and you go down with your assets. All boils down to stay rational and consider the bigger picture."

"Hehehe in my spheres of work relying on others is a naive idea. If you need the advise of someone it makes you rely and his availability. And if their advise is actually wrong? You are beyond help. Make profits and mistakes on your own. When you have trust in your own abilities, you dont need to trust "tips". Blaming others frustrates beyond compare."

"Master, the situation seems dire right now. But remember, everyone can win a few battles, but avoiding to lose is what really counts. What is winning worth and earning a few dollars, when the next trade makes you lose thousands? Learn how to prevent losing and you automatically learn how to win."

"I am aware I am in no position to speak, but stop it. You overwork yourself. More work means more opportunity of failure. Know when to play and be aware that no one expects you to be in all the time. I made more money sitting tight on what I can handle than those who try too hard every day.
    Overworking by doing too much at once is like amounting the tax fees and losing liquidity when the time is ripe for a big trade."

Golden Rule Servants: "I dislike other Servants with the Golden Rule skill. Most of them are from times, when you know they didnt work their way up and actually earned it. They were likely just born with it. They didnt work to earn that money, they worked because they already had it. Pathetic in my eyes."

Crassus: "This man is the exception to the rule. He worked his way up with his own intelligent methods and his way of being a Servant is something I can relate to and respect."

Gilgamesh: "I consider him my rival in Chaldea. But I know his weakness. All this wealth is focused on Gold. He doesnt know that in the grand scheme of things, Gold is not valuable. If I wanted to be unfair, I could crash the Gold Market in a matter of weeks and destroy his oh so great wealth."

Sheba: "I see we have good compatibility, we both search for profits in different parts of the economy. I could help you raise an incredibly corporation with my financial expertise. *And if we ever disagree, I could short her into bankruptcy and reap the rewards…* Looking forward to our collaboration."

Abigaill Williams: "Oh this little girl is from Massachusetts? I…I feel related to her. She is from the same state as…I guess some of my parts? Hehe, dont mind me. You can not help but like adorable children like her, right?

Europa: "I appreciate her bull, it is a nice beast. I am not afraid to admit it is superior to my own. But there is something in her, that I do not like. Excuse myself, I avoid contact with people I feel annoyed by. Please dont let me work with her, Master."

Sitonai: "Tsk. Choosing a bear as your companion on your own free will?"

Artemis:"I like you even less than the other Greek Goddess. And that little thing there is beyond pleasant. Ridiculous what has become of the likes of you."

Blackbeard: "I think we came to an agreement, it is a Deal."
    "Yo Master, This guy is actually pretty cool, he just trade his own Luck parameter for my photo collection of Erotic Fing-NNNG"
    "Bull, be so kind and escort our Business Partner back to his room."
    "AHH THE HORNS POKE ON MY OOOOUUUOOOUUHHH"
    "Master, you heard nothing. And if you did hear something, it was perhaps just the sound of Chaldeas budget hitting the floor. Have a nice evening, Master."

XX: "Come again? You think you are of the Foreigner Class, because the Evil God controlling you is Capitalism? What makes you think Capitalism is "evil" in the first place? Excuse me, but what the fuck?"

Ibaraki-Doki: *looks at her hand, loosens tie* "Hello young lady, lovely day, isn't it?"

Lambda: "Hooh. So you own a casino? Well, I do not like simple Gambling if I can not be sure to tip the scales in my favor. But I might consider a visit if we could spend some time together. Oh and I heard you cant feel anything in your beautiful hands? Let me assure you that your hands make me feel...something..."

Holmes: "Greetings, Mr. Trader. I enjoyed listening to your interactions with Master and other collegues, it was insightful. There is something I'd like to confirm with you. Could it be that you were summoned in your Second Ascension?"
    " Tsk. Yes, indeed I am. I believe that is uncommon in Chaldea, based on your question. But I am sorry, I dont know why either."
    "Yes, I am sure you dont."
    *I dislike this man's smug smile...*

Creator's Notes
    My first Servant of 2021, but I actually worked on him for a while now. It was fun, but hard to combine all the concepts i lined out that embody the market like that in the end. At first I envisioned him like a cursing New Yorker, loud, liking drugs etc, parts of which can be seen in his last NP, like the actors in The Wolf of Wallstreet. But then I thought about Yoshikage Kira as his faceclaim and changed his character. The hand fetish thing fitted slightly with his NP, but it was funny to make a weird quirk for him out of that. It also showed me I cant make a sheet without dumping my dumb humor in it. Thanks for reading and I appreciate some feedback :nobunobu:.

Holmes: Wait a minute, Master-san! I think you noticed something is not right here. Surely you know Lancer and DelRey are hiding is something. Do you want to know more?

No
    "Wise decision. Ignore this man, Master. He may have smoked too much on his pipe or there was something in his tea…"
    Yeah, Holmes. Wtf. Leave me alone. :nobunobu:

Yes
    "Excellent choice, as always Master."
    "So. Mr. Lancer. You say your identity is "Trader", an amalgamation of various financial personas in relative recent history. The embodiment of what the human consciousness sees in a "Player of the Market", right? Then I have a few questions. For Example: You avoided real comments on your unusual skill "Unstable Core". Just noting it is because you are an Amalgamation type Servant."

"Yes, what of it, Mr. Holmes? Is something amiss? Many minds fused into one. Phenomena like this happen here in Chaldea or am I mistaken? Like that one gentleman proficient in math from…"
    "No it is not reasonable. Amalgamation type means that all those minds are fused into one. Like the case with little Jack and she is a special type, because she is made up of souls before they could evolve a mind at all. Analysis claims that you store several separate parts in your Saint Graph. And the numbers are astounding, but they are separate from you in particular. You house them, but they dont influence you. So can you really claim you are a merger of those?"
    "… Excuse my inexperience. As you may be well aware I am a new Servant here…"
    "A Servant usually knows what they are. The Throne grants them the knowledge. You should be aware of that, thanking the Throne for your Magic Resistance. Anyways, setting that aside. Your King of the Market skill. The composition of this skill is rather peculiar, maybe you can shed some light on my uninformed head. Market Observation makes sense and it is impressive. Golden Rule (Knowledge) is a quite astounding skill. You can even rival my intellect in some fields after a short while of research."
    "Hehehe. The great Holmes sounds jealous. Hiring me as a tutor may be pricy, but as a friend I can give you some percent…"

"Even if we say like Hassan's ability to split her knowledge across her personas, you can split your vast knowledge across all those minds that are in you, there are two things that dont add up. One, your "minds" are just stored in you and dont influence you as a person, then why would they influence your knowledge? And two, if that were the case, why would that prevent you from losing that knowledge? Even mid-class Mental spells should be able to at least target a part of your minds and allow a part of your knowledge to be forgotten. But this part negates the whole possibility of forgetting any knowledge at all. It is really unusual. May you explain that to us? If you prove me wrong we all learned a large amount of things regarding Servants like you! The hypothesis was that something like that is only possible if the knowledge is stored elsewhere…outside the Saint Graph."
    "Well... hehehe one assumption after the other and…"
    "You are right, just some assumptions. Ignore that too. Oh your Rune Magecraft by the way…"
    "Oh here he comes again huh…?"
    "You explained to Master one time that the Astrology listed in this skill is from the misguided people that use it to predict the direction of the market and so on. We should ignore it. But please excuse me, you know me, I just cant forget! Interested in the topic I looked it up and indeed such things exist. But it is a rather recent and fringe part of the stock trading scene, wouldnt you say? But by your explanation, why isnt Economics a skill incorporated? Or Finance? Politics? Excuse myself again, I said we should forget about it earlier, but if you consist of so many minds, shouldnt that be added as well? They are much bigger and important topics in trading than some movement of "dirt in the sky" or am I wrong? And besides that, the thematic doesnt really target the formation in the graphs, so why is it in this particular skill focuses on actual patterns?"
    "Oh now I remember, the Japanese Candle patterns I use as runes have star and shooting star formations. Of course I get some Astrology knowledge. And from the MERGED minds I get some too hehehe…"
    "Of course, you are right. That knowledge can appear only after a while and not right away after summoning. Can happen. Absolutely natural! Especially when you claim one of your minds is from the father of said Candle patterns, Monehisa Homma!"
    "Oh right he…"
    "When we are talking about parts of your Saint Graphs and Fathers, lets discuss the Noble Phantasm of Adam Smith shall we? You were so happy that Adam Smith is part of your Saint Graph that I just had to inform myself more about such a great figure in history. Did you know that his and the modern public's usage of the "Invisible Hands" are actually pretty different?"
    "Heh? What do you.."
    "Today we use the term to describe the wonders of the market and Capitalism, that it distributes and creates wealth in a sense. It is such an important part of the theories nowadays, I understand how it became his Noble Phantasm. But he only used it two times during life and not like we thought. He himself knew that there are some problems of global trade when it comes to local economies, in his case England. When manufacturers and merchants would invest and import from abroad, it would be good for them, but harmful for the people of England. But his argument was that like "by invisible hands" those would rather commit to local products, the so called "home bias" and spare them from the negative outcomes of such a system. And the other usage was that like by "invisible hands" the people would become equal because the rich would redistribute their wealth on their own sympathy for the people. Ironic compared to nowadays, am i right?
    I could understand that due to the public misinterpretation that phrase influenced your opinion on it, but if the real Adam Smith resides in you…I would have thought you knew the true meaning of it."

"Hehehe…maybe it slipped my mind to add something like an Innocent Monster to the description, but…oh..."
    "Interesting words you just said, sounds like you Two (yes I didnt forget you, DelRey "HEH?" :nobunobu: ) tempered with the description of your abilities? Furthermore…."
    "This is getting ridiculous, wanna tear through my whole kit or something?"
    "Of course, if you know me you know I am thorough! And interesting to hear your speech pattern suddenly change. Sounds a bit like you lived in New York? Charming.
    Anyways, if you be so kind, would you please tell us again the name and title of your Mount Noble Phantasm? Which by the way is rather uncommon for a Lancer to possess a mount-based NP."

"Tsk... The Beasts of the Market - Bull reaching for the Stars, Great Bear of Wall Street. Happy?"
    "I am always happy when I am allowed to get that much screen time and can talk as much as I want.
    But regardless. Sounds strange, doesnt it? A bull reaching for the stars…well, bullish market strife to reach new hights, am i right? But you embody all Traders, correct? Then why is your bear so specific to the Wall Street? The Bull as well, as he obviously resembles the Wall Street Bull statue. I am aware it is the most famous, but it is not really fitting for an supposed amalgamation Type Servant…"

".…"
    "Holmes, that is enough. Just tell us what your point is, please."
    "Very well, Master. My point is that Lancer Class Servant "Trader" is a liar and is actually a singular person, who just acts as if he was an amalgamation type Servant. I think my points make that clear and his own statements have shown something is amiss."
    "Okay, Master, this gentleman has lost his mind, i dont know what that guy consumed in his pipe, but it is surely not good for his head."
    "Holmes, who do you think he is?"
    "Tsk."
    "Just a hypothesis based on the just mentioned Noble Phantasm, which would open more questions: I think the one standing here is Jesse Lauriston Livermore. One of, if not the most famous trader in history - the Great Bear of Wall Street, blamed for the crash of 1929."
    ".…"
    "If that is indeed the case and I think it is when I look at his reaction, then why does he have Adam Smiths NP? Livermore's trading style is shown in his title, he was more of a bearish trader, betting that prices fall, then why does he have the Bull as well? It doesnt fit. And it still doesnt explain why he has so many cores in his Graph stored somewhere? And if he is just one person, how can he have this vast amount of knowledge stored? But it would explain the name of his last skill "Not Gambling, but Speculating", it is a famous quote of him. Overall his philosophy on trading and life in general seems to match Livermore. Could be that he too is just a part of his Saint Graph. And the last thing that is strange is the following. Like i said a mount NP is strange for a Lancer, but there should not be any reason to hide the fact that he is a Rider. It makes only sense when it is a Special Class. And here comes my last argument that shows to 100% that something is wrong…
    How can it be that DelRey made a Servant that is not a Foreigner?"

…Guys I'm scared. Holmes is so smart, he can even break the 4th wall.
    But hahahaha you thought I would create a Servant that is not a Foreigner? Fools! Now read the TRUE SHEET! You shouldve clicked "No"! :nobunobu:

"Hehehehe I commend you Detective for figuring out that I am not truly a Lancer. Let me show you who I truly am..."

Interlude
    "Haaaah what a nice evening. It's starting to get warm again. But maaaan that means more work here on the farm…I dont wanna work and become so sweaty. When I work with dad he always stinks. And that old bull too. That old thing wont last much longer. And dad cant afford those metal beasts. But they stink even more. It's always no money here, no money there, i should go earn money. Maaaaan I wanna go back to school. No school is boring too! I learn nothing exciting, I just wanna play cool games all the time! Yeah…I wanna have so much money, that I can play cool games all the time and let others do the work for me. No! Even better! I get HUGE amounts of money for playing games! Yeah thats the life hehehe..."
    *drops down to the earth*
    Maybe if I could get those stars up there and sell them for some good bucks…but no they are actually people and animals or something…I heard about that a while ago in class…heeeh doesnt matter, was BOOORING!
    Hmm but I know thats the constellation of Taurus up there, a bull in the sky… if he has to work in a field up there too? No way, there is no farm in the sky. Why can that guy chill up there and I have to work with my stinky dad?! DAMMIT NOW I'M ANGRY!
    Hey you up there! Lazy ass! Come down and help me! If I cant have fun, why should you?! I'm not scared of your glowing red eye! Come on down, you old bull! I know you see me!"

"BOY! What you damn fool doin' ova dere? Told ya to not lurk around so late. Come on in, we have ta wake up early tomorro. Need ya help, even ya little arms can be o' help on da field!
    Swear ta god, boy screaming at nothing in the dark. What a worthless little shithead…"
    "yes daaad… how unfair …that thing thinks he's better than me…one day I will show them all how weak the bull is and let him work for me…"
    "Dammit boy, move ya dirty little ass into the house or ya sleep outside, I tell ya!"

"I was a foolish little child back then, but in me I had the seeds necessary to become the man that tames the beast of the Wall Street. When my father did not believe in me, he did. When my father called me worthless, he saw my value. And while I was screaming at the bull, he listened. Oh how I wish I didnt listen to my father, if he wasn't there, if he just did not make me look away…perhaps I would be…complete?"

And while the boy was enjoying the warm evening of an awakening spring, around 65 light years away, something else awoke as well

Rebooting…
    Large-Scale Analysis, Evaluation and Data-Compression Giga-Computer
    Terminal Name: … Data lost
    Load old files …
    Terminal Name: Theia
    Initiate renewed analysis, Attempt number [ERROR]
    Target: Gaea
    Update new name: Earth, Outer Reality Shell
    Time since last analysis:… … Data lost
    Load old files …
    Time since last analysis: estimated 2300 years ago
    Goal: Ownership of Earth
    Analysis of noticable individuals…
    Analysis of them…
    Message: Traces of Terminal Theia found in Human Consciousness. Terminal Designation changed. Update Terminal Name? Yes…name change successful.
    Potential number of targets: estimated 1.500.000.000
    Analyse potential region: … "North America"…"United States of America"
    Potential Number of targets: estimated 63.000.000
    Define variables for accomplishment of goals…
    Comparing variables neccessary with potential targets….culling
    Potential number of targets: 1562
    Ruling out targets with not enough durability…34
    Simulation…
    Successful Simulations: 3
    Initiate forced contact with descending order…
    Target 1, Match: 87% … … … Failure. Upon contact variables decreased. Mental Capabilities dropped.
    Deleting from list, copying Data.
    Target 2, Match 55% … … … Failure. Target eliminated itself.
    Deleting from list, copying Data.
    Target 3, Match: 31% … … … Error. Target contacted. Procedure interrupted.
    Renew analysis on target…Prediction: Rise of compatibility over time.
    Partial contact will stay established. Terminal HASTUR begins observation.
    Operation: Ownership of Earth - Acquiring Rulership over Earth by means of [Wealth] begins.

Failed attempts:
    First: Acquiring Rulership over Earth by means of [Knowledge]
    Second: Acquiring Rulership over Earth by means of [ERROR]

Foreigner of Decadence

Mother of the Sun, Theia of many names, for your sake men honor gold as more powerful than anything else; and through the value you bestow on them, o queen, ships contending on the sea and yoked teams of horses in swift-whirling contests become marvels.
    - Pindar, Isthmian Ode 5

Info
    Class: Foreigner
    Other Classes (If Applicable): Foreign Rider, Foreign Ruler, Beast
    True Name: Jesse Lauriston Livermore
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: Massachusetts, America

Parameters:

STR: E+
    END: E+
    AGI: E+
    MGI: E+
    LCK: undetermined

Likes: money, speculating, capitalism, plants in general(buttonwood and tulips especially), mathematics, art, hands(fetish)
    Dislikes: "suckers", sundays, bears, cotton
    Talent: speculating, earning money, losing money
    Natural Enemy: Rune Magecraft users, Communists, Greek Machine Gods, J.P. Morgan
    Attribute: Earth
    Armament: pitchfork/trident, mantle
    Catalyst: the wish to become rich, his book 'How To Trade In Stocks'

Class Skills
    Existence Outside the Domain EX
    A Skill inherent to the Foreigner Class, asserting one's existence outside of time and reality. Foreigner is partially resistant to physical and mental damage, as his true self exists far beyond the reality perceivable by humans. This defense can be bypassed if the attacker themselves is connected to "something beyond man", like by possessing the Divinity Skill.
    As the Avatar of the Ruler from Aldebaran known as The Yellow King, he has an EX rank.
    This Skill was disguised as Magic Resistance E-.

Riding A--
    All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank, except his own Phantasmal Beasts, can be used as mounts.
    In theory Foreigner could command horrible winged monsters that serve the Ruler, but due to their interrupted connection that ability to summon them is not inherited in this class container. Instead the cosmic bull in which eye the Ruler resides and looked down to Livermore when he was young is now fused with the concept of the "Wall Street Bull" and allows him to be commanded. With his own title "The Great Bear of Wolf Street" he is able to summon another phantasmal beast at his command.

Insanity D+
    A Mental Pollution-like skill gained from contacting an evil god that can easily erode the fragile common sense and morals of humans. However, the main qualification for the Foreigner class is to defy this erosion, either by maintaining their integrity as they descend into madness, or instead of being consumed by madness, they consume the madness itself.
    Foreigner just glimpsed at the Ruler from Aldebaran and the connection he tried to establish wasnt complete, therefore he could keep his integrity intact. But at times he can not resist the urges that were planted in him.

Unstable Core D
    A skill that denotes unstable Servants, often Fusion-type or Pseudo-Servants. The Saint Graph and/or Mind of the owner is stressed, damaged, incomplete or is in threat of breaking for various other reasons. Grants Mental Pollution EX and Mental Schism B.
    The wraiths inside his Saint Graph are due to his connection to Hastur and his otherworldly realm. It is not the first time the Ruler from Aldebaran peeked into this world. He did so at least 2 times before and each time he looked for potential hosts. The poor souls who failed to become a host are now stored in his Data Storage known as Carcosa. Due to his secret schemes in the finance world, those wraiths that were constructed during the Crash of 1929 were reused and stored there as tools. Many other souls of unexplained origins reside in Carcosa as well, not all seem to be human.
    Mental Schism comes from the Bipolar Disorder Foreigner had even before being contacted. The forced bond with the entity made it worse over the years. Keen to become angry and relaxed very fast. Was at times strict about the rules of handling money and how to trade, other times he wasted his vast amount of money away into bankruptcy and not following his own set and published rules of trading. And at the end of his life prone to fall into depression, which ultimately led to his suicide, tired of fighting his mental illness anf the market turned against him. The combination of his own Mental Illness and Foreigners well thought out way of trading with endurance and knowledge were opposed to the induced decadent urges to spend everything he has for pleasure. As a Servant he has better control over his emotions, but the war inside him still rages on.

Divinity (Strange) C+
    The measure of if someone has divine spirit aptitude or not.
    Being the herald of the Watcher from Aldebaran he inherited a strong rank in Divinity. Despite his role, he didnt full inherit it due to the interrupted procedure. In fight against Greek Servants, his rank rises.
    Hastur's and therefore Foreigner's Divinity is a special case. Despite the original identity never being worshiped by humans, only living on in stories of the Titanomachia, they were revered by those who became actual gods - the Olympians. But without them they were able to contact humanity and gained a worship under different names. This led to a special version of the Divinity skill, which is able to lower it's rank at will.
    To hide his skill during the time he acted as "Trader" he lowered it willfully and hid it in Magic Resistance E-

Personal Skills
    King in Yellow A
    The true form of the King of the Market skill
    As the constructed Avatar of the Ruler from Aldebaran, he bears the title of The King in Yellow.
    It grants him endless indulgence in everything decadent.
    To sustain that lifestyle this skill avoids any effects that would lower his leisure indulgence in what he craves - to play the game he so loves.
    Therefore he cannot lose abilities related to him gaining wealth. That includes effects that would seal or lower the rank of his skills or Luck Parameter.
    The inability to lose knowledge he acquired is an extension of that effect and granted by a portion of the calculation capacity of the Ruler from Aldebaran.
    His authority as the embodiment of decadence and being a living "Yellow Sign" is the origin of his Charisma skill as well. He may corrupt the minds of those close to him. That is especially true to those listening to his talks about trading, tempting them to fall into the rabbit hole of promised wealth and splendor that is the Wall Street. Passively he will corrupt the master as well, driving them to show their more destructive character traits like self-indulgence and addictive behavior.

Rune Magecraft (Pseudo&Foreign) B
    The true form of this skill. It functions the same as before, just the effect of the rune "The Yellow Sign" is added. A strange form that once cast into the world one is target of an mental attack. Fail a Resistance Check and you become a follower of Foreigner and his worship of the true King. Casting this rune is stronger than his presence alone, that has the same effect [King in Yellow skill].
    The Yellow Sign is the grand accomplishment of Hastur after observing the human race for several thousand years. He was able to use his understanding of humanity and his Data compression authority to compact enormous knowledge and thought patterns into a symbol, which the human brain scans like a QR code and overwrites their thinking. Like a virus the one afflicted will try to spread the gospel in form of showing trusted others the Yellow Sign. Because humanity or the goals of Hastur change, the Yellow Sign is evolving in form.
    Mathematics and Psychology are genuine skills that belong to Pseudo Rune Magecraft, but also to the system that is the basis of this otherworldly rune. Astrology is earned through the knowledge of the Ruler from Aldebaran as an observer of and from the stars.

Not Gambling, but Speculating A
    Still the same effect as before. The effect that is the concept of a bursting bubble is actually part of The Ruler's authorities. As a Value Evaluation Unit , which is the basis of determining Decadence, he embodies the concept of "Too much of something will destroy you". The sign of the Tulip is just fashioned to Foreigner's liking of tulips. The Dutch Tulip Mania is the first recorded asset that caused a speculative bubble to burst and therefore one of the first financial crashes of that kind. Foreigner being associated with crashes during his lifetime strengthened that appreciation of tulips.

Noble Phantasms
    Charging Bull reaching for the Stars, Great Bear of Wall Street
    The Beasts of the Market

Instead of summoning the winged horrors of Hastur, Foreigner is able to summon the cosmic bull in which eye the Ruler resides and looked down to Livermore when he was young.
    The bull is a merged entity of the budding phantasmal being that is the bull of the market and the conceptual star constellation of Taurus, the successor of the "bull of heaven" in modern times. He has his origin in Gugulanna, later in beasts like the bull of Europa and now Taurus,
    in which eye the Ruler observes the cosmos. If the sturdy bronze hull of Taurus breaks and one can gaze into the beast, one may see a yellow chaotic void filled with black stars. Therefore it is a Noble Phantasm from Hastur.
    The Bear is the Noble Phantasm of Livermore, who was dubbed as the "Great Bear of Wall Street" after being blamed for the crash of 1929. In this Ascension, he prefers the color of his mantle to be a subtle gold, almost yellow in color.

The One that controls your Mind
    The invisible Tentacles

The true name of his Noble Phantasm. The real form of the "hands" were actually tentacles, formed of invisible air. A much more efficient form compared to the form of the King of Knights. They are controlled with the Wind element that the Ruler is said to possess. They took the form of hands to please Foreigner and keeping his sanity somewhat intact.

Great Lake of Carcosa
    Black Mist of Hali, Decay of the Age of Men

The Crash of 1929, Hastur's influence in recent history crystallized as a Noble Phantasm.

Like in the previous iteration of this NP, it is Foreigner's Last Resort Noble Phantasm or rather the last NP he has to use. It is the final function he shall perform to allow the descent of true King in Yellow. Again, he rips open his chest with his invisible tentacles and throws the wraiths stored inside him in the air, while black mist emits from his body, which crawls across the ground. A Reality Marble forms around him, what looks like a grotesque image on the 1929 New York. The enemies now stand in a simulation of Carcosa, the home of Hastur, which is now fashioned after the City that was in the middle of the great panic of 1929. In the yellow sky black stars twinkle and from them grinning, faceless beings fall to their deaths. In terrifying unisono, together with Foreigner they praise their lord.

"Iä Hastur cf’ayak’vulgtmm, vugtlagln vulgtmm!"

vibrates through thick atmosphere like a demonic choir of angels descending to make hell their new home. The lord they die and pray for is using that as his entrance melody.
    Upon impact they burst into more black mist, covering the whole city in it like a sea of wavering darkness. The thick heavy cloud hides Foreigner and therefore one of the few opportunities to stop this NP. The black sea of smoke is an imitation of the Black Lake of Hali in which the god Hastur resides. If the lake becomes big enough and gathered enough Mana from everything it touches, a portal opens and a giant mechanical construct ascends from the smog of terror. Made of black metal and gold, the shining red eye in it's center gazes upon humanity again. The true form of Hastur appears, the King has risen, the form we mortals may know as Aletheia.
    Once returned the king initiates the destruction of the reality marble to enter our world. Should the machine succeed, he will consume everything in his way to convert it into the fuel he lost over the forgotten millennia his mechanical mind slipped in and out of consciousness/operation. The fuel is then used to empower him, which increases the tempo in which he consumes. The erupting smoke that is a byproduct of his operation is heavier than our atmosphere and toxic for normal humans. A clean transformation from matter into Spiritrons not possible anymore due to the damage taken during the Titanomachia. As the Black Lake of Hali is growing, his foreign miasma spreads across the globe and destroys civilization in a way that fits their current way of living.
    But hope is not lost. Mighty Hastur may be and his machine god descendants were powerful beyond compare, but he is different. Due to the necessity to consume fuel, his lifespan is easier to comprehend than that of his successors. His construction is huge, but he is made of gold and gold is a soft metal, bombarding him with everything one got makes large scale damage possible. Keeping the Aletheia from gathering right from the start may help to whittle it down. Killing Foreigner is an option too, if one is able to find him in Carcosa, they are able to cut Hastur's link to our planet.

Description
    Jesse Lauriston Livermore(July 26, 1877 – November 28, 1940) was an American stock trader and considered to be the best and perhaps most tragic Trader in history. His accomplishments, principles and methods inspired many and continue to be studied to this day.
    Born into a poverty-stricken family in Massachusetts he showed early signs of greatness. With 3.5years he was able to read and write, in school he excelled at math and other classes. But poverty led his ignorant father to pull the young prodigy from school to work on the farm. With only 14 years he ran away from home with the blessing of his mother in heart and 5$ in his pocket.
    Arriving in Boston, he was able to charm his way into the position of a banking company as a board boy. His older appearance and intelligence helped him fool the workers, but they never noticed.
    Being tasked with just writing down the telegrammed prices, he noticed that there was no randomness in those numbers.
    With 15 he bought his first share at a bucket shop with 5$ and made 3.12$ profit. Everything about market trends so far is self taught by observing and reading the newspapers since he was 5yo.
    He continued trading like this and always won, becoming infamous in the bucket shop scene. Within weeks he earned more with trading than with his job. He then had to quit his job, but soon the bucket shops kicked him out repeatedly. To satisfy his hunger for playing, he would don disguises - a beard. Eventually he was permanently banned from bucket shops in Boston for winning too much, but by then he earned a small fortune. He visited his home and presented his family 1000$. His mother disapproved of his "gambling", but he simply countered with
    "It is not 'gambling', but 'speculating'".

1899 he decided to test himself and with 10.000$ savings, he moved to New York City to trade at the Wall Street.
    There he lost everything, because the price numbers lagged over 30min behind the actual price, hindering his methods.
    Defeated, yet still confident in his abilities he moved to St. Louis and began trading at bucket shops again. His infamous reputation followed him even there and he was not welcome. He sent in someone else to trade for him and was able to earn 5000$ that way. Livermore returned to the Wall Street and made thousands effortlessly in the roaring Bull Market at the time. He then lost everything again in trading cotton. Trading more conservatively, he enjoyed life as an attractive wealthy bachelor.
    Questioning his own consistency in trading he decided to go on vacation. There, like from a "psychic surge", he decided to short the massively successful Union Pacific Railroad stock and he was considered crazy by friends.
    The next day the 1906 San Francisco earthquake happened and their stocks fell. Livermore made 250.000$ with a single legendary trade. Later he decided to switch his position, but a mentor of his urged him to close his position. He was wrong and he lost 40.000$ from his 'tip'. Livermore blamed himself for taking it.
    During the Panic of 1907 Livermore's massive short positions made him 1Mio $ in a single day. He perhaps could have gained more, but his mentor J.P. Morgan, who bailed out the entire NYSE that day, requested he would refrain from further shorting. He agreed and bought massive amounts of stocks, which led other traders, who followed his actions to do the same and helped the market to recover. He profited from the rebound and his worth is now over 3Mio $. Within a year he went from 0 to 3Mio.
    A phase of private decadence began. He bought a 200.000$ yacht, an expansive car and apartment in New York, visited the most exclusive clubs and had a stream of mistresses.
    Years later, against all what he knew, he listened to a famed trader and bought cotton, while they secretly sold - a move that would leave Livermore bankrupt.
    But within a year he recovered all his losses.
    1915 he filed bankruptcy, but was able to recover yet again by riding the bull market at that time and within a year was worth over 5Mio $.
    By the end of World War 1, he had enough money to secretly corner the cotton market (the biggest share, without having the monopoly). His attempt to manipulate the market was foiled by President Wilson himself. Livermore was called to the White House and was asked to sell his cotton at break-even. The president asked why he did that and he just replied

"To see if I could, Mr. President."

That did not stop his attempts and made 10Mio$ by manipulating corn, wheat and a supermarket chain in 1924-25.
    His decadent lifestyle continued. He bought an expansive house and let his wife decorate as she pleased.
    During that time he had several affairs.
    In early 1929 Livermore amassed massive amounts of short positions and hid that fact from the pubic by using over 100 different stock brokers. The worth of his papers were 6Mio$.
    His networth would suddenly skyrocket when the Wall Street Crash of 1929 happened. While many lost their livelihood, he made 100Mio$. In todays money around 14 Billion $.
    Newspapers blamed him and he received death threats.
    In the following years personal tragedies took a toll on his mental health and made his Bipolar Disorder worse, having phases of depression. Additionally in 1934 new rules were imposed that affected his trading process. The same year he filed bankruptcy for the 3rd time in his life.
    To this day it is a mystery how his huge amounts of wealth from the '29 crash vanished.
    In 1939 he opened an advisory business and a year later wrote his book "How to Trade in Stocks", but it did not do well due to the ongoing war and low interest in the market.
    On November 28th, 1940 Jesse Livermore took his own life by shooting himself in the head in a Manhattan Hotel he frequented.

Bond CE
    His Last Message

The police officers entered the room. The man is still sitting on his chair, colt in hand and under him a sea of blood.
    "Foolish old man, such a shame. You could have enjoyed a few more years."
    He reached into his jacket and found a leather bound book, while the other inspects the body.
    Wiping the blood that soaked through the fabric, he opened the brown book. In it 8 pages as suicide notes.

“My dear Nina: Can’t help it. Things have been bad with me. I am tired of fighting. Can’t carry on any longer. This is the only way out. I am unworthy of your love. I am a failure. I am truly sorry, but this is the only way out for me. Love Laurie”
    "Poor guy. Who are we humans to decide the worth of things like love?"

The police officer saw many suicide notes during his career and if it was just that, it would be nothing uncommon, but then he started reading the other sites.
    Numbers that boggle his mind, words he has never seen, words he doubts anyone has ever heard, pictures that look like stars forming a bull with a red eye, looking straight into his eyes, perhaps even deeper than that. Never has he seen anything like it, it terrifies him, but he has to read it all. The last two pages. On the left a drawing of a spheroid machine, on the right…
    His terror vanishes, calmness replaces it and to joy it evolves.
    "Sir, have you found something?"
    "Yes, yes I have. I found an answer." he said with a serene smile. "But let me ask you something first. Have you seen…this Yellow Sign?"

Extra: Epilogue

Da Vinci: "Master, are you sure about this? We just barely beat him. Resummoning him is not a wise decision, what if he is the same? Fighting him again could be a problem! I know his note we found is on your mind, but..."
    Holmes: "Master is already determined to face the consequences if they are wrong. But we already know their ability to rely on hunches. Trader...no Jesse noted that himself. They may have the potential to become a great Gambler."
    Master: "Speculator, not Gambler"
    Holmes: "Right, excuse me. Starting Resummoning of Foreigner Servant. Let's hope Master-san is right."

"Hey what is up, guys? Maaaaan I feel like I have slept for a while. I am Jesse, by the way, Jesse Lauriston Livermore. My goal is to become filthy rich! I know it may sound strange, but I am actually a Foreigner Servant... But I feel the urge to tell you "This time will be different, I promise." Dont know why tho..."
    Master: "Dont worry. We know. Welcome back, Jesse."
    "Hmm... I dont know you guys, tho. You are strange, but I like you! Anyways. Wanna play some games?"

First Ascension Version of his Last Resort NP would be called

Great Market Deals
    Black Friday, Imagined Opportunity of Falling Prices

What falls down this time are bricks of gold, sacks of cash, vaults and piggy banks. The shadowy entities stored inside him are the crazed people running into the market in hope of "saving money" and trampling over the enemies, causing fear of missing out the great offers the Black Friday has.
    Just a funny first Version of his NP without the brutality of the others.

True Creator's Notes
    This sheet took me a while. I think it is sitting in my notes since November. My last two sheets were just to let me work on something else than this one here. It went through many iterations that can be seen.
    The presentation is inspired by the criticism i got from the ones who dislike Foreigners. I get it. Thats why I hid the real sheet behind a fake sheet, that is still a legit Servant. So if you dislike my Foreigner, give feedback on my Lancer instead!
    Similar to my first Servant sheet I have yet to publish here and Holmes referenced a bit, I planned on making him a fusion of several spirits. Like an adult and male version of Nursery Rhymes. But I did not care who was in it, i wanted to create the concept first and foremost, which bit my ass in the creation. I didnt work out to make this fake servant without a base to expand upon. In the end i settled on Livermore, who I think is the most interesting person in trading history and worthy of becoming a Servant. His life being mysterious enough to let me fanfic a bit in it for him being a Foreigner. Little tidbits about him and Hastur were foreshadowed in the Lancer sheet itself.
    And the whole back and forth with Holmes is inspired by a reddit theory that is going around, which claims that Holmes is actually a Foreigner and Hastur is his Outer God. Sadly I cant find the original post for it rn.

I looked at other Hastur sheets and they were too much on the nose for my taste, concentrating on the "king" part, the "yellow" or a simple "carcosa" reference. Like yog-sothoth in Abigail, Hastur became a mockery of a concept. Yog was a mockery of the Qliphoth from the kabbalah and his entities in general a mockery of HP's time, when humanity tried to foolishly understand the vastness of the universe.
    Hastur mocked decadence. The Yellow Sign was actually written in Gold, the color yellow a mockery of gold itself. It was inspired by the 'Yellow Book', a journal from the times of the Decadence Movement of Europe at the end of the 19th century. Oscar Wilde being one of the most famed "decadents".
    The decadent perspective on art which favored madness and irrationality, graphic violence, frank pessimism about cultural institutions, and a disregard for visual logic of the natural world, was described as " the worship of beauty disguised as the worship of evil".
    The word decadence itself has the same origin as "decay" and is nowadays associated with the decay of civilization in terms of morality and art. I used this as a basis for a Foreigner and even a Beast Candidate.
    Foreigner has the potential of becoming a beast under a concept i try to describe as this:
    "Arrogant Self-Love that leads to the betterment of the world and therefore reciprocate it with love for them in return" The Concept of the "invisible Hands" Holmes described is a basis for this. When you want to be a successful participant in the market you have to be beneficial to all. To become incredibly rich you have to enrich the world, else the world would not buy your product. Lets take Royds recent Watt as an example. If he would be an arrogant person who would just wants to get richer and richer, he would need to create something the world needs. The act of fullfilling the worlds wish for a great good is in of itself a love for the world and in fulfilling it, they gained the love of the world. By granting the world their wishes over and over again, they become lazy and decadent, frolicking in their own desires. A pessimistic version of the Atlantic and Olympic civiians in LB5. By granting the world incredible wealth, if left unchecked, Foreigner could become a beast for leading humanity down a wrong path.

Now I try to explain my thought process how i syncretized Hastur with Theia, the Greek Titan.
    At first I had no Vision of Hastur as a being, just the concepts he represents and what his "quirks" are, like yellow sign, influences artists, tentacles, wind element, origin in haita the shephard, etc. Also I envisioned the Color out of Space to be his "underling", because of the obvious connection of Hastur influencing artists and the color easily being connected to painters. After reading the LB5 story i envisioned the Color like a biological version of the Klironomia. After LB4.5 i started writing the rebooting part of Hastur and he just began sounding like a robot to me, without having a real intention behind it. Then it clicked and i connected him to the machine gods, which fitted nicely with my CooS concept. Because Decadence is connected to "unnecessary consumption" I connected him with an old machine, steam punk style perhaps with lots of smoke. The connection fits nicely with the beginning of cilmate change and therefore the perhaps start of our decadent era as humans, and is seen in Foreigners final NP. The connection with the machine gods made sense as well, because Euclid is connected to Hastur, why would a Greek fall for a foreign god, except they would be in essence similar? Then I asked what the Yellow Sign is and the QR code analogy came to mind. To explain it I knew the robot would need a Data Compression ability, but for that he would need to understand the human mind. So an Observer and because the essense of Hastur in my eyes is 'decadence' the aspect of 'value' has to be in it too. All fell towards my favourite Titan pair - Theia and Hyperion. Their vague concept as divine watchers, wisdom and Theia having the unique authorities of 'sight' and 'giving gems and gold their shine' just worked too perfectly. The concept of Watcher fitted even better when you know that Hastur resides near Aldebaran, the star that is the eye of the constellation Taurus - The Bull, who i could then connect to the Market itself. I think all this together makes a good "Nasuverse syncretism bullshit" from a few pages ago.

Furthermore under my constructed headcanon right now, i wondered why Euclid was a, if not perhaps the first target of Hastur? I envision Hastur as one "outer god" that tried several times to gain access to earth, but failed. I think he wanted to test if too much knowledge could create decadence and a weak point for him to exploit. I dont have a concept for the second attempt yet, but I believe to have his potential second target in mind - Leonardo Fibonacci, because they create a special little trio. Euclid found the Golden Ratio or rather Hastur, then Theia, implied the value and beauty of this ratio to Euclid as a prototype of the Yellow Sign. Fibonacci is known for his numbers that strife towards the golden ratio. And 'Trader'/Livermore, who was an early Technical Analyst, uses the technical analysis, which has several tools based on the Fibonacci numbers. The aspect the golden ratio and the fibonacci numbers have in nature, the concept of art is represented and can be a reason why the current iteration we know from the Lovecraft world has special influence on artists. And i dont know how yet, but i want to add somewhere his Haita the Shephard origin, perhaps even linking it to the original bear hide seller that gave the faling market its name.

Thanks for reading that wall of text. I worked on this very hard and it combines many different aspects i like, Hastur as the most interesting Foreigner imo, the greek gods who are the origin of my love for mythology in general, the finance world i myself dipped my toes in and the crazy world of Fate. Like always, I appreciate feedback, but this time even more.

Last edited by DelRey; October 22nd, 2021 at 05:52 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Trader"
    Wow, to integrate the idea of something as mundane as stock trading to a Servant sheet, good job. Seriously, I really enjoy how the principles and symbolisms of trading are made into a pretty good set of Skills and NP for him to use (especially his runes, now that's a creative way of "weaponizing" seemingly boring concepts), and that last-resort NP sounds amazing.

And I haven't even gotten to his "true identity" yet. Merging stock trading with both Outer Gods and Nasuverse Greek Gods is definitely an unexpectedly creative take. Overall, impressive sheet as always Delrey, and it'd be fun to see this seemingly unassuming businessman amidst Chaldea's legendary figures.
    Last edited by BnEl15; January 12th, 2021 at 12:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nah

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    Nah
    you are one of the people i wanted feedback from because foreigner+capitalism seemed like something that could interest you

and thx BnEl15 for reading through all that. I put much effort into this sheet. Im happy you enjoyed it and i am happy to finally start other projects
    Last edited by DelRey; January 12th, 2021 at 12:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    for starter, if you really want a cthulhu stock market capitalism, read Nick Land

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    for starter, if you really want a cthulhu stock market capitalism, read Nick Land
    I'd be interested in seeing a Servant from you that tackles your criticism on capitalism.

or just straight up feedback on my sheet instead of your suggestions from which angle i shouldve tackled the thematic

Blog Entries
    I'd be interested in seeing a Servant from you that tackles your criticism on capitalism.

or just straight up feedback on my sheet instead of your suggestions from which angle i shouldve tackled the thematic
    I'd say he basically did that already with his Famine sheet, actually.

Blog Entries
    I think it's a bit on the messy side. Honestly not a fan of the choice of the components that make up this servant concept nor how it is presented. The stock market is a realm of imaginary numbers and imaginary money involving detachment from the real material efforts that makes these numbers move. The Imaginary Number concept in TM, as mentioned an FGO even ago, seems like an obvious foundation to build this concept on, so it's weird that you don't use it. It has cool concepts for sure, like the Stock Market Magecraft, but some are just too bloated in explanation, which feels like it don't have a really firm anchoring concept. Overall this would work better as a modern magus than a servant.