Page 7722 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 672272227622767277127717772077217722772377247727773277727822 ... LastLast
Results 154,421 to 154,440 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    So what determines if a noble phantasm is a divine construct or not? I feel like logically Excalibur Galatine, Harpe, and Rule Breaker should be divine constructs but apparently they're not.
    https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wi...e_Construct#TL

and then the text explicitly saying it is
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    As for why the Seventh Scripture works and Edmonds flames potentially might have worked

This part is the weak link. Make him unable to reincarnate into the baby where the information is primed.
    In theory, you could destroy him before he "implants" his "copy" into the baby, couldn't you?

It sounds like to me the "copy" is less a copy and more a "receiver" to some extent

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    In theory, you could destroy him before he "implants" his "copy" into the baby, couldn't you?
    If Roa is destroyed before he decides on a vessel
    Spoiler:
    It resorts to an automatic function and just picks someone suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Rule Breaker can't be a Divine Construct because it's not a construct at all, it's Medea's legend and divinity abstracted as a Noble Phantasm. There is no real dagger that looks like that, or if there is, it's the perfectly ordinary knife she used to butcher her brother. UBW simply can project abstract Noble Phantasms, as long as they're sword-shaped enough.
    i mean, these abstracted legend NP`s are "created by the throne" when the hero is recorded and since you get recorded when you get famous enough for humans to notice you, consciously (as in actually famous) or unconsciously(Alaya knows you are important enough to qualify) you could argue that these NP`s are created by humans, since its their minds that create the hero. so they arent Divine constructs

As for why Harpe isnt a divine construct... idk, might have to tackle this from the MECHA history angle. Harpe was used by Cronus to depose Ouranus of his "
    procreation facilities
    balls
    " and position of top dog so it might originally be some shit like a computer virus.
    now, idk how well the Mecha history lines up with the greek myth, but Harpe existed before Ares was born and in Nasuverse Ares wielded the "Prototype that all Divine constructs would be based on"(the space battleships beam weapon systems) , so logically NO divine constructs whatsoever existed before this moment in time even if they were crafted by gods?

so my conclusion would be that Harpe was created by the "humans worship/interpretation" of the tale of Cronus taking over Ouranus`s position, and as earlier i was bullshiting that weapons crafted by the throne are crafted by human minds therefore not divine constructs, Harpe being turned from computer code/virus into a weapon by human minds also makes it not a divine construct

My headcanon is that its not the real harpe

I always found ti weird the GoB weapons were titled as there actual versions instead of being the nameless versions that inspired them allegedly.

Then agian this is the same GoB that has every NP but only have a few actual divine constructs in there simultanously cant make up his damn mind. Also isnt Ea called the strongest thing in the vault? wonder how that works with some of the other things we know bout the gate....

knowing the difference between mana and od...is it correct to say mana transfer?
    Wouldn't it be more correct to say magical energy transfer?

US Friend Code
    It's not strictly correct but mana rolls off the tongue more and people know what you mean anyway.
    Same reason it's Mana Burst instead of Magical Energy Burst.

"Prana" used to be a term people would use in the English fandom for magical energy, but it's never been used officially and I haven't seen it be called that in a while.

Mana and od are essentially same thing but the quantity.
    So it doesn't matter which one is used.

Wanna check something

Nps are part of servants saint graphs right?

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    i mean, these abstracted legend NP`s are "created by the throne" when the hero is recorded and since you get recorded when you get famous enough for humans to notice you, consciously (as in actually famous) or unconsciously(Alaya knows you are important enough to qualify) you could argue that these NP`s are created by humans, since its their minds that create the hero. so they arent Divine constructs

As for why Harpe isnt a divine construct... idk, might have to tackle this from the MECHA history angle. Harpe was used by Cronus to depose Ouranus of his "
    procreation facilities
    balls
    " and position of top dog so it might originally be some shit like a computer virus.
    now, idk how well the Mecha history lines up with the greek myth, but Harpe existed before Ares was born and in Nasuverse Ares wielded the "Prototype that all Divine constructs would be based on"(the space battleships beam weapon systems) , so logically NO divine constructs whatsoever existed before this moment in time even if they were crafted by gods?

so my conclusion would be that Harpe was created by the "humans worship/interpretation" of the tale of Cronus taking over Ouranus`s position, and as earlier i was bullshiting that weapons crafted by the throne are crafted by human minds therefore not divine constructs, Harpe being turned from computer code/virus into a weapon by human minds also makes it not a divine construct
    It's important to note that Greek Myth is largely unaffected - the Gods no longer have their mechanical bodies by the time Greek Myth rolls around and so they are just divine spirits with terminals (avatars).

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Wanna check something

Nps are part of servants saint graphs right?
    Yes, SF Jack getting his jacked by Alk trashed him pretty badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    If Roa is destroyed before he decides on a vessel
    Spoiler:
    It resorts to an automatic function and just picks someone suitable.
    Ah, I think the original even mentioned that, didn't it? My bad.
    Thanks for answering!

in the original its kinda implied Roa ended up in Ciel cuz he didnt have time to find a wealthy powerfull body so he just got a powerful body

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Yes, SF Jack getting his jacked by Alk trashed him pretty badly.
    I was just thinking on how that works for some servants like gil considering his like soul/saint graph whatever is like 4 times the average.

I mean i could just go with the meta answer

JP Friend Code
    IIRC the 4 servants is regarding the amount of magic energy he is worth when dismantled into mana prisms.

夜属 Nightkin
    Even in his servant form Gil is referred to have more magical energy than every other servant, and after devouring him Sakura compares him to several hundreds of thousands of human souls.

So has that whole anti-heroes being unrestrained by the counter force thing been retconned?

has anyone put together a master post or anything of the like that explains how the magic system(s) work? I've been trying to help a friend get into the nasuverse and I'm struggling to find a source of info that isn't full of misinfo

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That'd be really useful to have and I hope someone can reply with a good post, but every entry in the series provides all the information that's relevant to their respective stories. You don't need to delay your friend's start for that.