Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] Chaldea Faerie Knight Cup

Blog Entries
    My Kiara can do it 6ce with mashu or 5ce with fullbond yeeehaw

It really is kind of them to give us such an easy 90++ node. Now only if I could get a g-d CE drop

No, Pendant. My CE drops are mine!

*shuffles away my 17 CE drops from sight*

EDIT: Admittedly, it took me many runs to get my first drop. I think I made it to box 50 before I started getting any.
    Last edited by manafusion; November 16th, 2022 at 10:58 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

wtf how did you get 17

Blog Entries
    my alt is 12 drops at about 60 boxes atm
    my main sucks tho

The last CQ is quite interesting:

- Morgan starts with a 100% damage reduction shield that lasts 10 turns or 99 ticks.
    - At the beginning of your turn Morgan will summon two Servant allies on her side. All of them will give different buffs to Morgan on arrival. All are unremovable and only a few of them last for a few times, the rest are permanent (only one of them is a removable burn debuff, granted by Mephistopheles because of course, who debuffs Morgan the troll).
    - At the end of Morgan's turn any Servant you haven't killed will just leave on their own, to leave place for the new Servants.
    - If you kill any Servant Morgan summons, the Servant that killed it will get the same permanent unremovable buff as Morgan (sometimes a weaker version, and yeah the debuff from Mephistopheles will happen too) and will remove 8 ticks from her shield.
    - On break 1 Morgan will give everybody permanent unremovable Curse Damage Up and 3 turns of unremovable NP gain down and NP charge down (yeah, same as the Koyanskaya fight, you recharge less NP with NP charge effects).
    - On break 2 she will put defense up, absorb NP from your allies and most likely NP your ass.

The whole plan is to superbuff your DPS during those 10 turns until she stops summoning units while protecting them. Morgan will not use her NP in those 10 turns, but she will have crit chance up. If you kill enough Servants you can start damaging her sooner. Bring CCs with DoT debuff clear to deal with the curse damage in her NP.
    Last edited by Oz1337; November 16th, 2022 at 01:02 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    I didn't try Taisui, but that might've been the play.
    Any CQ that has six enemies on field, with one or two big ones you have to kill to win; Taisui goes through them like a hot knife through butter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Final checkpoint, let's go!

We're back at the Athletic Zone, the First Faerie Knight Cup (name Taigong made up on the spot). Fujimaru's team reached the final checkpoint and Morgan replaces Merlin on the commentary, expositing each party member's personal strengths as they demonstrate them live. She built the Athletic Zone so that it would require this kind of balanced party. Taigong is internally impressed at how Morgan is unaffected by the silliness of the name. She called that bloody deathtrap "Athletic Zone" with a straight face twice, while could barely handle saying it once without giggling.

Douman announces the two finalist teams arriving at the last checkpoint. Fujimaru's team and Morgan's three Faerie Knights. Barghest laments missing the chance to run into Sir Gawain. Melusine is disappointed by the lack of aerial attractions. Baobhan Sith acknowledges Britomart's luck and team quality but still considers her far less capable than her team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine
    By the way, is the trophy really a Holy Grail? I know well how open-handed Her Majesty is but... is she sure it's a good idea to hand that to whoever?
    Britomart is worried about how well her armor can fare against the power of the Faerie Knights, but she still asks her team to let her dream continue a while longer. Astraea lectures her to never give up on a fair victory. Waver comments fair play isn't his forte but he has a trick in mind win this. Gray thanks Brito because she had a lot of fun with this exercise. But teams are pumped for this last stretch of the race. The medical team is standing in case of any situation. Asclepius is cheering for amazing wounds, much to his colleagues' exasperation.

Taigong signals the start of the race and the faster Fae Knights quickly get the lead. Melusine is actually going slow (for her absurd standards) because her full speed would destroy the simulator. Morgan said she would expose Melusine's embarrassing secret if she doesn't conform to the speed limit. Fujimaru's team catches up with Waver's Tudun and the two teams engage in battle instead of doing the race the normal way. Fujimaru's team can only win this by spliting the enemy team. Here the player gets a choice.

1) Fujimaru, Mash and Gray vs Barghest / Waver and Astraea vs Melusine
    2) Fujimaru and Astraea vs Melusine / Waver, Mash, and Gray vs Barghest

Both options have Britomart vs Baobhan, but Brito is going to Fujimaru's side, which makes the gameplay battle be against the Faerie Knight you chose + Baobhan Sith.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Still trying to think up a setup I could use to 6CE without grailing Chen Gong. Closest I'd be able to do is the following, but I'd need either NP3 Melusine or NP3 Tamamo (Lancer) to make it more guaranteed, as NP2 for both means I'm giving Yami's OC boost to Melusine to make the damage more reliable to clear Waves 1 and 2, and a min-roll on Tamamo (Lancer) is only 840k. At least I have two options to crit with I guess.

Note: Tamamo (Lancer) needs both her 2nd and 3rd appends maxed for this to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Uh... why no light Koyans? I just run 2x Koyan/Oberon/Melusine and it's fine. My Melu is NP 3 tho. Remember that the power up buffs from Koyan procs on Kintoki.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't own Oberon.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

If you have a grailed Arash you may be able to kill the first wave, then with Dark, Light and support Oberon clear the rest with Melusine or Morgan:

Check the second and third team comp, maybe it's possible even with lower NP levels or grail levels.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't have a grailed Arash either.

Here's a more ridiculous setup, Kagekiyo gets a massive damage boost against Kintoki since he's Genji so it should be possible, but the NP levels are obviously high:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sadly, I don't have Kagekiyo either. The setup I posted is working well enough, so I'll stick to it. Hopefully get 2 CE drops soon.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Actual Melusine screentime since LB6/V-Day?
    I never thought I'd see the day.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    apparently Iyo and W Castoria + Oberon/LA/Xu Fu works for 90++.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

The Second's triumph

We're showing glimpses of the three fight, and in all of them the Faerie Knight's team has the advantage. The bigger focus is on Spinel spieling about how some spoiled Pan-Human lady has no right to call herself Faerie Knight. Overwhelmed, Britomart flashbacks to Waver explaining their last resort. When the fight is about to end, be it with her winning or losing, she's ordered to switch gears. Abandon her knightly fight and think of herself only as an athlete taking on an obstacle course. More specifically, she was being told to throw away her spear and run. This irritates her, but Waver explains that's how tactics work. Their prospects of winning without this trickery is slim, so they have to take every chance to increase this number, even if by just 1%, because with increments of 1% at a time, their victory can eventually become feasible.

Britomart does just that. Flings her spear and jumps away while Baobhan Sith is still confused by the situation.
    Boob CG

I was monumentally afraid. I couldn't believe how tightly my spear was wedged between my fingers. The Faerie Knight before me had a fiery will hidden deep inside her sad eyes. Too hot for me to handle. I believed I could never let go of my spear before her. And yet I did. I could break all my fingers if that's what it took to take this spear off my powerful grip. That was my level of enthusiasm when I torn that spear off my fingers and lamely put my feet and knees to move before my nervous laughter made them falter. Forward. Jump. Higher, higher, the highest I've ever jumped. I only have one destination. That shining golden trophy! Be my witness, my revered mother and father! And all of you who offered me your generosity! Gray, El-Melloi II, my revered grandmother's lookalike! Mash! Chaldea's Master! I, Britomart, am going for it!
    Baobhan immediately reacted to Britomart's sudden rush, but Brito won by a close shave. Morgan congratulates the winners and asks if they understood why they won. Waver explains that it was because it was a training exercise, not a fight to the death. Baobhan Sith turned to combat because death battles are the thing she's good at. This gave her an overwhelming advantage. But by throwing her full attention to the game proper, Britomart pulled Spinel out of her comfort zone and managed to take the win.

Being named victor brings the second Britomart to tears. As promised, she was named an Expeditionary Faerie Knight. She now serves two lieges, Queen Gloriana and Queen Morgan. Spinel is displeased by the result but can't complain about Morgan's public decisions. She passive-aggressively acknowledges Brito's new title and passes the trophy to her. And we with one last smile, Britomart collapses from exhaustion. The end.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    So that's the locked lines are about now that she's also serving under Morgan. Considering her title, would be neat if she's gonna do a recon for the last LB as her first task under her.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    wtf how did you get 17
    #JustLuckThings

EDIT: Admittedly, I'm already at 180 boxes. So maybe it's not luck and just perseverence.
    Last edited by manafusion; November 17th, 2022 at 12:08 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?