Page 334 of 371 FirstFirst ... 234284324329332333334335336339344 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,680 of 7406

Thread: Beast's Lair History

Blog Entries
    Derp, no, quite a few of old staff (elf, altima, radiantbeam) were quite eager to see food banned. So eager in fact that, when elf proposed skipping a punitive step to jump to a larger ban, the only person who didn't vote in favor was YOU.

We literally discussed this last year and I pulled up the old vote demonstrating how untrue that is.

Edit: I forgot that Leo also voted against leapfrogging punishment.

what's your current favorite forum drama?

Blog Entries
    We don't have any, it kinda sucks.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    so why was Haseo Nanaya banned again
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My favourite forum drama was the one where it stressed me out so much I had to call in sick to work.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

so why was Haseo Nanaya banned again
    Wait was that someone with a very particular posting style who misspelled stuff a lot? I think there was a sockpuppet situation iirc (I am most likely not recalling correctly).

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    I also recall that they were banned for being a sockpuppet, but someone said that it's not entirely true, so I do wonder sometimes
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I remember the days of myth, when unironic posting accounts still walked the land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I also recall that they were banned for being a sockpuppet, but someone said that it's not entirely true, so I do wonder sometimes
    Oh so I did recall the correct person. Ngl I thought they were pretty funny in like, a tumblr way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Derp, no, quite a few of old staff (elf, altima, radiantbeam) were quite eager to see food banned. So eager in fact that, when elf proposed skipping a punitive step to jump to a larger ban, the only person who didn't vote in favor was YOU.

We literally discussed this last year and I pulled up the old vote demonstrating how untrue that is.

Edit: I forgot that Leo also voted against leapfrogging punishment.
    yes and if you will also remember, as comun noted in the other thread, this was during a time where everyone was openly questioning whether or not the mod team was treating food with kid gloves, as he himself stated on any number of occasions that he could do what he want and wouldn’t be banned for it. The argument then was if he got jumped it might pop him in the nose and convince him he really was in trouble. I advocated against it because I wanted to follow the chain, but even then it was the team desperately trying to figure out a way to stop him from getting himself banned.

as I said to you then, I didn’t agree with the thought process but only because I am a stickler for following the process, but it’s not like I didn’t understand the argument, it had internal validity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The full version of the Food lore as I was told is:
    Food asked to be banned so he could stop obsessively checking the site and focus on med school. The old staff (which apparently shares no members with the current one aside from Seika?) said he self-control was his own responsibility, so he made his own ban inevitable by indiscriminately flaming anyone in his way.

FWIW, what’s actually on his record is:

Infraction 1) Told Reiu to Post Tits because someone else called her a girl when thanking her for her translations, at which point Seika got into a big row over his recurring sexism.

Infraction 2) A poll calling for him to be free from mod interference and be able to run GD himself.

Infraction 3) Venturing into the fanfic forum (which everyone knew he reviled) to come bitch at Seika for an over the top longpost criticising someone else's fanfic. Seika ignored him this time round, so he picked a fight with someone else defending him, repeatedly just accusing them of whiteknighting. (There was a pattern here of leaving off the person in question to fight with someone else, I guess because he felt more justified insulting someone offended on another's behalf than the person themselves). Also threw around various comments about people's mental health in this and the Reiu discussion.

4) Immediately after the staff were talking to him about this (and mulling over if there was a perma in the works) made another poll calling for the "waifu-worshipper" mods to go, I guess meant to accuse them both of not being sufficiently pure lore masters and indirectly of also whiteknighting for Seika.

By the point of 3 and 4, the staff were also start to hear questions from other users about whether Food was invulnerable, not having been banned yet, which contributed to their ferling that he was bringing down the forum and people were getting fed up with him, as well as raising the spectre of staff favouritism, which was a hot button topic in the days when Mike was still fresh in the mind.

Post-ban infraction) Dozens upon dozens of accounts of ban evasion (an offense that gives you an instant perna, obviously), with at least 26 of them being part of a harassment campaign on Tobias.
    I shouldn't be answering to you since you're reposting someone else's words but since that someone else is directly implicated against food it would be remiss of me to let this highly selective version of events stand on public record. If people are going to ask about him, there might as well exist a clear record of the events publicly available. Spoilertagged for pedantry, feel free to consider this my biased commentary:

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Food asked to be banned so he could stop obsessively checking the site and focus on med school. The old staff (which apparently shares no members with the current one aside from Seika?) said he self-control was his own responsibility, so he made his own ban inevitable by indiscriminately flaming anyone in his way.
    This was always a rumour circulated among users after his ban and never actually true. Seika was not part of the staff at the time. The lineup was Altima of the Gates, Elf, Roadbuster, and Dark Pulse as admins, and IRUn, Five_X, Hymn of Ragnarok, Artee, Tobias, Radiantbeam, Leo, and Theocrass as mods.

Infraction 1) Told Reiu to Post Tits because someone else called her a girl when thanking her for her translations, at which point Seika got into a big row over his recurring sexism.
    Not quite. Event starts here. If you're interested in the "Minor, but really bloody tiresome." bit, it's because chanposting and all its casual -isms were the dominant internet culture not yet on its way out. How reprehensible this acceptability was notwithstanding, it made for both cringe and based moments (admin and mod respectively, both in favour of kicking food out ASAP, btw).

Infraction 2) A poll calling for him to be free from mod interference and be able to run GD himself.
    This presents it as an isolated, unprompted incident of unbridled arrogance without explaining the intent behind it or the nature of the infraction - see timeline later in this post for details on this.

Also threw around various comments about people's mental health in this and the Reiu discussion.
    Only in the former, and again this is moderated as a personal attack rather than for employing what was commonly accepted parlance at the time (again, admin sample, go ahead and search the forum for "retarded" in ascending chronological order and enter a magical realm of people throwing it around with zero repercussions).

4) Immediately after the staff were talking to him about this (and mulling over if there was a perma in the works) made another poll calling for the "waifu-worshipper" mods to go, I guess meant to accuse them both of not being sufficiently pure lore masters and indirectly of also whiteknighting for Seika.
    Again, neglecting the background of their feud and the ban + ultimatum he was served; also your guess is wrong on both counts, as his feud with the mods was restricted to their lack of moderation and shitpost-control in General Discussion.

By the point of 3 and 4, the staff were also start to hear questions from other users about whether Food was invulnerable, not having been banned yet, which contributed to their ferling that he was bringing down the forum and people were getting fed up with him, as well as raising the spectre of staff favouritism, which was a hot button topic in the days when Mike was still fresh in the mind.
    This absolutely never happened. food's popularity with the userbase was inversely proportional to his popularity among the staff, and I can only dream of the day we declassify the mod forum at least partially to show exactly how much of a shitshow they were.

with at least 26 of them being part of a harassment campaign on Tobias.
    food and Tobias could never be accussed of being of cordial terms when food was unbanned, mocking sockpuppets names vs mocking post-ban comments is a very far cry from a harassment campaign.

Now, here's a writeup that Spinach compiled for the last time the topic of food came up between the people with glowing names who like him and the people in glowing names who dislike him. I don't want to get in an argument about quoting the mod forum here, so I will redact posts by summarising their content, as they are the points that Spinach is refuting. You can pretend he's talking to himself or something.

Throughout this thread there have been discrepancies between what X claims to have been visible in Food’s posting and what I recall of Food’s posting. Enough so that I decided to just go read basically every single Food post from 2013, and many of them from 2012. In all honesty, what I found was quite interesting but also a bit sad. I used to think that Food had earned his ban all the way, and over the years my memory of his last month (not months, month, really) basically replaced the prior 2 years of food posting. There is a lot of misinformation which circulated and still circulates around Food, which I only really see after doing this.

Of course I could have missed some things. The mod forum is unsearchable, though I did read about 130 pages of the general user discussion thread while doing this. Ofc there are no mod forum threads before May of 2012, possibly because most admin discussions at the time happened over AIM, possibly because DP wiped the subforum before letting in the new kids.

This can be taken personally since the whole topic is clearly on the level of a very personal grudge, I don’t see many hints of applying any sense of objectivity in the thread, so I don’t really care or expect otherwise. I’m not proving anything or changing any opinions, I’m just correcting what is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Claim
    Food lied about wanting a break to go to med school.
    It’s worth starting here. There are no records, not in my IRC logs which date back to late 2012 (I lost my 2011 logs), nor in any of Food’s posts that he requested or wanted a ban for the sake of school. He does in one post admit to having a very low amount of free time

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    I have ~1.5 hours of free time per day if I want to feed myself and actually get 5 hours of shut eye.
    No way I am grinding through a long ass wapanese game with the majority of the play time being crap.
    But it’s a stretch to connect those two threads. What did happen is that many users began to spread that theory around as a rumor which eventually became the accepted fact.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Eh, he tried to get banned, everybody knows it.

We're just kinda becoming terrible as a community I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Welp.

I liked food.

But he wanted to get banned, pretty obviously.

His recent behaviour was kind of ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Eh? Food wanted to be banned anyways, didnt he? That was less of an assassination and more him running around before everyone's rifle shouting "shoot me" until someone (Elf) actually did it.
    But the fact of the matter, and this is not my opinion vs your opinion, is that Food never lied about wanting a ban to focus on med school, because he never said anything about it in the first place.

food thought he was unbannable and deserved special treatment.
    This is also false. Or at the very least, it is not provable. In none of his posts did Food ever claim to possess an unbannable status, nor did he ever try to flaunt such a thing. His posts made it obvious he was very aware he may be banned, even going as far as to say that another translator would fill the void once he is banned.

And who disagreed with this sentiment? It's just pointing out the glaringly obvious.

Also, it is my belief that Kiritsugu was bogged down by his relationships. Who are you to call my opinion wrong and flaming?

You have the right to ban, that is the only thing I acknowledge. So if you wish to ban, so be it.
    There will be more to follow. As long as there is glory, whores like me will come.

Baiken did not leave a void, neither will I, lol.
    The idea of megalomaniac food who thought himself an immortal superman is pretty farfetched, especially when compared to reality, where he was very aware that the mods would likely ban him (unfairly, at that).

However, there were people who did support the idea of keeping Food around regardless of his actions (to an extent). Those people were Leo (who voiced this opinion both here and in publicly visible threads), I3uster, myself, and quite a few more who at least said so in jest if not sincerely. One frequent offender of this joke was Mcjon. In fact, in the last month of Polls I made the poll “Should moonrune readers be immune to the rules?” where the joke took off especially hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    He could have total immunity, if only he'd remember to update his Daily Food blog thing with any old shit translation once a day. Active translators are untouchable.

Thanks internet wayback machine

I made this thread on April 12th in response to a temp ban given to Food, who had been given a temp ban that skipped his public warning.

Mod forum citation for skipping procedure
    Skipping the warning wasn’t a mistake, it was deliberate. I will take an aside here to give props, X you were the only one who was in favor of properly following the procedure. However, you were overruled and procedure was not followed. Regardless of your intent at the time, that fact is still there.

That ban was for making the polls “neckbeard and BL” and “most pressing issue BL is currently facing?” I don’t know or remember what was in those threads, but I’m sure I can take a guess. After all, April 2013 is when the mods decided the April Fools prank of the year would be to make sockpuppet accounts to RP Fate characters and shitpost around the forum, including GD which we all know was the holy land of runes and lore.

The mods were trolling so he made polls to complain about them. This isn’t even conjecture. Food said such himself.

Quote Originally Posted by food, responding to a PM by an admin, who reposted this with the comment "Food is a Giant Douche"
    Provide examples that were not provoked by the other party initiating trolling.

If I were to be penalized, I need to see the other party penalized as well.
    In my opinion it’s completely valid to question and criticize the staff. It’s baffling how fragile the collective egos in this forum were to get so angry at someone having the gall to talk back to them. And seeing as when he did choose to talk back he rarely went with profanity or language fouler than “neckbeard” and “waifu worshiper” I hardly think he deserved to be punished for criticizing the team.

In fact, part of the reason the staff had an upheaval was because of this kind of moderation.

food was in the wrong and the rules were enforced as they should've been.
    Demonstrably untrue. There is already the warning-skip which was intentionally done to “send a message,” lol what is this the mafia?

Honestly, I wish I had never read so much mod forum backlog. In more ways than one it’s depressing to go through it, and expressing those feelings would only ever result in me being very toxic. But at the least I have a very comprehensive understanding of the chronology leading up to food’s ban. In all honesty reading through all of it did influence my opinion of the whole matter more than expected.

I previously remembered food as a guy who spontaneously went crazy and started stalking Seika posts to flame her with wild, sexist abandon. In all honesty the sexism and dated tits or gtfo memes were not misremembered but were also not as regular as I thought. I likely remember those especially because it was a spat with Seika that got him banned (though the fact that he had the guts to talk back to Elf in the same incident is probably what put the nail in the coffin).

But it is interesting that before arriving there most of his warnings actually came from… daring to talk back to the mods. Not flaming. Not even “trolling,” as the warnings were stated to be for. It is possible that if you were to hunt down every single time he insisted that Seika can’t be a woman and that there are only men on BL you could potentially piece together enough infractions for a ban on the grounds of sexism and harassment, but the ban he was given was never even for that. It wasn’t even in that ballpark.

There have been multiple assertions ITT that food earned his ban both before and after he got it, previously I agreed, now less so. I think he barely earned it while he was still unbanned. Perhaps if the mods had chosen to focus on warning him for things like picking on people or hounding Seika, but almost every warning he has is for daring to snap back at the mods.

Ofc he was still crass and condescending but remembering Food as a scourge upon the forum and an unrelenting troll is a far cry from what he actually was. Likewise, remembering his ban as a reluctantly dealt blow to someone who had gone too far is also quite far from how it really went. When I think of users going too far I think of Mike harassing people thread after thread with personal insults and hatred, Rodyle telling everyone they’re abhorrent satan-spawn that had forgotten to put on their swastika pins, or Break posting grotesque porn or bragging about taking pictures of underage girls.

And naturally I don’t expect this to change any opinions. Unrelenting stubbornness is practically a defining character trait for this subforum. But even if I can’t change minds I can at least correct some things that are wrong. So if you insist on remembering food as he was and don't believe that he’s changed in the past 8 years, then at least remember him correctly.
    Raw timeline
    Feb 21 2013

FATE/EXTRA CCC: Food plays the tits with timestamp challenge card to troll Seika

MOD FORUM: X and Y comment on thinking Food is getting worse lately

Verdict: Yeah that was just sexism and offensive, but at this point there is no indication of a trend of worsening behavior. X, being someone who already disliked Food at this point, is simply seeing a pattern that doesn’t exist to help himself view Food in a worse light.

March 24 2013

BADASS VS: Food begins his neckbeard posting

MOD FORUM: X suggests Food is “getting out of hand”

Verdict: Food was a bit hostile, but stopped once warned (by Z). Food does not respect X as a mod because X is a shitposter and a troll. Again, there is yet to be a true trend of Food worsening.

April 1 2013

Badass Vs: Staff make RP sockpuppet accounts and post all over the forum, mostly weird shitposts. Food gets mad, identifies X in GD and starts a fight with him, calling him out for trolling from a sockpuppet.

Verdict: At this point Food clearly becomes genuinely far worse, actively antagonizing mods (especially X) whenever he interacts with them.

April 9 2013

DELETED POLL THREAD: Unknown account. Due to Altima of the Blunder’s loss of the polls subforum we have no records of this, apparently Food made a thread in the subforum that pissed off the mods enough to close it and get on his case.

MOD FORUM CITATION

Verdict: Impossible to assess. The mod forum discusses Food. W notes that Food is especially mean to X. This is provably true, as X posts in GD and regularly disagrees with as well as antagonizes Food. The relationship is not one-sided and should not be treated as such. X makes no secret of that fact in the mod forum. More than once.

Z sends Food a private warning. His response makes it very obvious that he’s trying to lash out against mods who he thinks are acting hypocritically.

Food makes a new poll thread, also of unknown content. Staff decide to skip a warning and go straight to a ban.

April 14 2013

FOOD MAKES A NEW THREAD

This thread speaks for itself. Tired of the mods and rampant offtopic shitposting in GD, which was a hot topic in 2013, Food throws up what is presumedly a joke poll to vote on making him the sole mod of GD.

MOD FORUM: The immediate response is to ban Food for a week. This resolution passes without any opposition. It is notable that this thread is hardly offensive, and while it has Food’s crass tone is not blatantly insulting. He stated what he dislikes and wanted changed. It’s one of the more unreasonable punishments he received in the entire saga. He was simply banned for daring to talk back to the staff.

V himself was self-aware of the fact that staff were guilty of shitposting around in GD, the very behavior that Food was angry about.

Interestingly, U makes a case for the staff having overreacted.

April 25 2013

Food makes a new poll which is lost to time. No conclusion can be drawn from its content as said content is inaccessible now. Thanks V.

April 27 2013

GABRIEL BLESSING THREAD: Food randomly visits fanfics to call Seika autistic.

MOD FORUM: Lol they ban him dude.

Food is banned, skipping the month tier ban. This decision is seemingly justified with the logic that it would send messages about special privileges for translators to give him the month-long ban.

Again, all credit to Spinach for compiling all this.

So that's the story of how food was banned. While it is difficult to quantify his influence over the lore-discussing parts of BL in the 2010-2012 period (roughly like a You-level dedicated explainer/translator), this might be informative to those who are wondering about the way the story ended, if only by offering some actual sources. Ultimately, if anyone doesn't have first-hand experience of the dude and aren't keen to form second-hand opinions from the predisposed accounts of others, the old posts are (mostly) all there.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So all in all good riddance to a waste of time then.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We need to put a link to that post on the front page of food's dead profile so it's what everyone sees when they forum search him. Like an eulogy or particularly long epitaph.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Here lieth a historical poster, hated by many, loved by not sure, but undoubtedly at the hour of his death a notable member of the community. May his name forever echo the digital halls of this forum, for he was a cornerstone of its history and shall for ever remain as such.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    hated by many, loved by not sure,

Questionable statements

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If food was so widely hated, this discussion would never come up over and over and over again.

You don't see anyone clamoring for unbanning Mike.

Blog Entries

Questionable statements
    Hey man, 2 is plenty, more than insert sad fact to make relatable self depreciative joke
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    You don't see anyone clamoring for unbanning Mike.
    Might be fun for a month. Put the fear of
    SAKURA
    god
    in the young'uns.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Uh, watch out dude, you're using the UBW comma instead of the HF comma in your punctuation, gonna have to flood your DMs with suicide notes, sorry, it's a contractual obligation
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

The sexism is still yuck (although 8 years is a long time and I don't want to cast the first stone), but my own impressions of the person notwithstanding: if the majority of the current staff agrees that there was not sufficient reason to ban originally, or that it wasn't to procedure, why not just rescind it and see how it goes? He obviously wants to be here and if you are correct he would most likely be contributing, and if he fucks up you can always strike and ban him.

If you genuinely think it was unfair and not the right thing to do it's okay to do what you can to correct it, imho.