Page 325 of 858 FirstFirst ... 225275315320323324325326327330335375425825 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,500 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Mohini: So, what would happen when Sudarshana Chakra turns into a sun? Does Mohini die because she can't bear the full brunt of the sun? Or does the sun turns into a one-time use nuke like Vasavi Shakti?

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Retainer:

Appearance:

By HellyonWhite on DeviantART

True Name: Saito Musashibo Benkei (True)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Alternate Classes: Saber, Lancer, Berserker

Strength- A
    Agility- D
    Endurance- A+
    Mana- C
    Luck- C
    NP- EX

Equipment:
    In addition to his trusty naginata, Retainer also carries on his back a broad axe, a rake, a sickle, a wooden mallet, a saw, an iron staff and a curved sword that he can wield with expert proficiency.

Personality
    Retainer is a man of two natures; rowdy and boisterous, yet also unshakably devoted and honorable. To the casual observer Retainer may appear simply to be an uncivilized lout who enjoys nothing more than fighting, drinking and feasting to his heart's content. However, those to have earned his devotion will find themselves blessed with a steadfast friend and ally who would sooner gouge his own heart than betray the trust of a sworn comrade. Though he gives the impression of a terrifying warrior, Retainer is actually a rather gentle figure who gets along easily with children and small animals.

Retainer's greatest dedication is reserved to his former liege Ushiwakamaru, but he also acknowledges his Master in the Holy Grail War as a "lord worthy of service" and will pledge his blade and life to assuring their complete victory. However, Retainer will only serve a lord he recognizes as honorable. His pride as a warrior would sooner see him cut down an unchivalrous Master on the spot than sully himself by following their commands.

Perhaps tying in to his manner of death, he shows contempt for archers and long-distance combatants of all kind, referring to their approach as cowardice unfitting of a true warrior.

Relationships/Reactions

Ushiwakamaru: "Ah, my liege! Truly, this humble retainer is unworthy to be graced with your gallant presence once more. S-still... that outfit, isn't it a little too skimpy?"

Benkei (False)
    : "Erm, Master? Who is this guy going around and telling everyone he's me? It's actually a little creepy..."

Nursery Rhyme/Jack/other child female Servants: "My shins! I didn't even reveal my identity and you still take advantage of my secret weakness? Young ladies in this era are truly terrifying..."

EMIYA: "Your skills are truly impressive, nameless hero. But... you lack pride in your blade. That alone is something I cannot forgive."

Likes: fighting worthy opponents, red meat and other iron-rich foods, Ushiwakamaru
    Dislikes: traitors and cowards, bratty little girls (why do they always aim for the shins?)
    Talents: defiant last stands, collecting weapons
    Natural Enemy: Minamoto No Yoritomo, the Archer Class as a whole

Class Skills:

Attendant Of Iron- A+
    A Skill that reinforces the attributes of one's Master through proximity alone. It is also an inherent ability of the "Retainer" Class.

At this rank, simply being contracted to Retainer grants his Master superhuman physical prowess equal to rank E stats across the board. Should Retainer be at his Master's side the boon is further increased, with their stats reaching up to C-rank. Further training from Retainer makes it even possible to raise their attributes further, though only the worthiest of Masters would be able to stand against him in sparring.

A symbolization of the eternal bond of loyalty that held between Retainer and his sworn liege, Ushiwakamaru.

Magic Resistance- B
    Spells with a chant below three verses are cancelled, proving difficult to affect even by the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. Living in the Age of Gods when magic and monsters were commonplace assures Retainer at least a decent rank in this Skill, which has been further elevated by his deep faith as a holy man.

However, spells drawing their power from Buddhist scriptures and philosophy stand a significant chance of bypassing Retainer's resistance.

Personal Skills:

Battle Continuation- A+
    The ability to continue combat while injured, and emerge alive from even the roughest of scrapes. A manifestation of his unshakable devotion to his
    Lord
    Master
    , Retainer possesses one of the highest ranks in this Skill. He can keep fighting even in the face of crippling injuries. Blows that should kill an ordinary man ten times over will merely slow Retainer down slightly. Only the accumulation of multiple fatal wounds or the decisive destruction of his head or heart can put him down once and for all.

Defending his liege Ushiwakamaru in his final battle, Retainer slew over two hundred troops and withstood attack from every kind of weaponry. When the troops realized fighting Retainer head-on was a futile effort they drew back and bombarded him with an unceasing hail of arrows. Legend has it that Retainer's body, which was pierced by over a hundred arrows, remained towering and upright even in death- leaving his foes terrified to advance for fear that the mighty warrior still drew breath.

A plus correction is granted to this Skill in the case where Retainer is fighting to defend someone he conceptualizes as his "Lord".

Monstrous Strength- C
    An innate ability usually possessed by monsters and beasts; denoting the power to raise one's Strength parameter by one ranking for a given duration. At this rank, Retainer can grant himself a boost in Strength lasting for roughly half of battle. To explain his immense strength and fearsome visage, some legends proposed that Retainer was descended from monstrous gods or Oni.
    The title he received,
    Demon-Child
    Oniwaka
    , testified to his believed otherworldly heritage.

As a visual effect, while this Skill is active Retainer's appearance takes a turn for the demonic. His skin reddens and gains a rough texture like sandpaper, eyes turn bloodshot, his hair grows even longer and more unkempt while his teeth sharpen to the point where they can tear through human flesh with ease.

Dread Visage- B
    The ability to inspire fear in others through one's form and manner. Retainer was rumored to have a terrible appearance like an ogre that made even the greatest warriors fear to approach him. While his physical appearance is actually rather handsome, the terrifying reputation surrounding Retainer was certainly no exaggeration.

Entering combat, Retainer cloaks himself in the savage aura of an Oni. Though his outward appearance does not change, those fighting Retainer can't help but perceive him not as a human being, but a beast or devil in the form of a man. Retainer's presence exerts an immense mental pressure on his rivals, assaulting them with the overpowering sense of facing a monster that has long since surpassed humanity. Weak-minded foes are paralyzed outright, making it easy for Retainer to cut them down on the spot. On the other hand, even stronger opponents find the fear instilled by Retainer gnawing at the back of their minds during battle, hindering them from fighting at full effectiveness.

Complete evasion is possible by means of Bravery or a related Skill that specializes in rebuffing mental interference at rank B or higher.

Noble Phantasms
    Oni Of Gojō Bridge
    Thou Shalt Not Pass
    (C, Barrier)
    A Noble Phantasm re-enacting the legend that began Retainer's career as a warrior, where he set up a Buddhist shrine by the Gojō bridge in Kyoto and declared that any samurai who attempted to cross it would have to challenge him to a duel. Over that span of time he defeated and disarmed 999 samurai without suffering even a single loss, collecting the blades of the fallen as testaments to his battle prowess.

Only the arrival of the feudal lord and samurai Ushiwakamaru finally broke Retainer's 999-long winning streak. Ushiwakamaru- hearing rumors of a "monstrous giant" guarding a bridge and seeking to witness their veracity for herself- challenged Retainer to a duel on the bridge where so many other samurai had lost their weapons. The two battled so fiercely it was as if the very heavens shook with anger, but eventually the nimble Ushiwakamaru prevailed- disarming Retainer of his trusty naginata and holding her own sword to his throat. Humbled by Ushiwakamaru and suffering his first ever defeat, Retainer immediately pledged himself to the young general as her eternal servant. They fought together as companions on countless battles, with many legends attesting to both their peerless bond and martial supremacy.

In any case, as a Noble Phantasm this allows Retainer to similarly designate a territory where the opponent must defeat him in order to pass. Invoked by plunging the tip of his naginata into the ground and bellowing the true name, both Retainer and his opponent are enclosed inside a Bounded Field roughly the size of a football stadium. A translucent barrier of green light marks the edge of the territory encompassed by the Bounded Field, but that is only really true from the outside. Within, space is folded in on itself so any attempts to flee from Retainer or escape will merely take the opponent back to the center again. On the other hand, outsiders trying to intervene and gain entrance to the Bounded Field will harmlessly pass through the barrier only to emerge on the other end of the "stadium", having bypassed the internal space entirely.

If more then one party other then Retainer is within range upon activation, then all but the one he chooses as his opponent will be pushed out as the barrier expands, insuring a strict one-on-one duel. Once inside, the only way to destroy the Bounded Field and advance is to defeat Retainer in mortal combat. To further assure a fair battle, the barrier also has the effects of suppressing Noble Phantasm invocation (including for Retainer himself), similar to the Bounded Field surrounding a certain eastern temple in Fuyuki. The necessary criteria to break this Bounded Field is for Retainer to be "defeated" not necessarily "to die". If the opponent forces him to surrender without being killed then that will also count as victory just as if they actually claimed his life outright.

Incidentally, within the simulated territory of this Noble Phantasm cherry petals can be seen randomly drifting through the air to shower the battlefield. They have no apparent origin and are likely mere constructs of magical energy, but Retainer insists they add to the duelling atmosphere.

Last Stand Of Benkei
    Even In Death, My Devotion Stands Firm
    (EX, Anti-Fall)
    Pierced by over a hundred arrows it was said that Retainer died standing up, for his loyalty and pride would not permit his stance to falter even in death. This anecdote of unyielding loyalty and guardianship has been sublimated into an immensely powerful defensive Noble Phantasm.

Upon invocation Retainer's legs dig into the ground and anchor themselves there with incredible force. Vast magical power from the earth flows up into the warrior's body, reinforcing his defensive prowess immeasurably. For just a single moment, Retainer can be likened to a mountain or other facet of the natural world- immovable and implacable. Even the mightiest of blows will fail to knock him down, the kinetic force behind the attack rebounding harmlessly upon the attacker and the surrounding terrain.

Even attacks at the level of Anti-Fortress or higher are rebuffed, likely dispersing into shockwaves of great destructive force that scour Retainer's surroundings. In essence, while this Noble Phantasm is active it is a conceptual impossibility for Retainer to fall or yield even a single step from his chosen ground. However, this Noble Phantasm expends tremendous energy while activated and hence can only be maintained for a brief moment- any longer will almost certainly incur Retainer's own death.

Additionally, this Noble Phantasm only defends against attacks that would cause its bearer to "fall". As such, it is powerless to defend against attacks that would kill Retainer but nonetheless leave him standing in place, mirroring how he ultimately met his end in life.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; November 19th, 2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Fixed Magic Resistance

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I like real Benkei. Considering in the west he mostly known died standing more than anything else, so I kinda disappointed with Beneki. I always imagined his last stand will make him into a corpse that conceptually cockblock anyone too past, but planting himself is fine too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Oh, I like real Benkei. Considering in the west he mostly known died standing more than anything else, so I kinda disappointed with Beneki. I always imagined his last stand will make him into a corpse that conceptually cockblock anyone too past, but planting himself is fine too.
    Fun fact; the Last Stand NP was actually inspired (believe it or not) by an ability Applejack had in a Friendship Is Magic fanfic I stumbled across ages ago. (And looked back upon as reference when I got the idea to write this up)

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    I didn't even reveal my identity and you still take advantage of my secret weakness? Young ladies in this era are truly terrifying...
    That line makes me think that Benkei is a lolicon, regardless of actual history. Overall a nice sheet, there's a typo on Benkei's first NP, and Last Stand of Benkei feels odd to me because I think that the name doesn't fit the NP's actual work. Then again, what use is a defense and yet you can't not die after using it?

EDIT: I was thinking something like Spartacus for the Last Stand too, haha.

---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MehKitteh View Post
    That line makes me think that Benkei is a lolicon, regardless of actual history. Overall a nice sheet, there's a typo on Benkei's first NP, and Last Stand of Benkei feels odd to me because I think that the name doesn't fit the NP's actual work. Then again, what use is a defense and yet you can't not die after using it?
    ...Given how Ushi looks in canon, that's not exactly impossible.

Though, do you mind telling me where the typo is in his first NP? The description is kind of big and I swear I checked the whole thing for errors before posting this up...

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    ...Given how Ushi looks in canon, that's not exactly impossible.

Though, do you mind telling me where the typo is in his first NP? The description is kind of big and I swear I checked the whole thing for errors before posting this up...
    ... I hereby declare True Benkei as a lolicon. No further questions.

Ah, on the last paragraph of the first NP, you typed 'Lancer' instead of 'Retainer'.

---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Ah, on the last paragraph of the first NP, you typed 'Lancer' instead of 'Retainer'.
    Really? Ah, dang it. I waffled back and forth between Lancer and Retainer a few times while brainstorming the sheet, but I'm pretty sure I settled on the latter (for lack of a good spear-related NP) by the time I finished up that NP so it's not really an excuse. Thanks for pointing it out, in any case!

Obviously it's been corrected now.

Blog Entries
    Just so you know, MehKitteh's "lolicon" mention inspired me to write up a little more of his Personality that I forgot to include originally. He likes kids, just not in that way... Hopefully.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Wow. Benkei now sounds like a badass Takanashi from WORKING!!.

In fact:
    Benkei's true face

---cries in update---

I should be finishing my Kusuma Bangsa instead of lurking.
    Last edited by MehKitteh; June 24th, 2017 at 01:10 AM.

---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---

Blog Entries
    In reply to Mohini if you are referring to the range description in the title I usually skip over those... sorry, that's why I didn't notice it. Sorry to have bothered you with such flawed criticism.

Benkei: An original Servant class for Benkei then. You've certainly succeeded in making him seem quite implacable, to the point where I wonder if he can be defeated... Most Servants in Canon Fate are on this level of strength anyway which is something I have to remember. Due to my lack of knowledge of (any) myths outside of Britain (remember I don't know what the "Three Kingdoms lads" are) there really isn't much on the sheet I can criticise but, judging from what you are saying, if Benkei was a retainer after being defeated at Gojo bridge then would he have his first Noble Phantasm? I know this sounds incredibly picky and stupid but it's just something I thought might be of interest, maybe it would appear exclusively on an incarnation of himself before he becomes a retainer... It's even more obnoxious considering how long you took to design the NP, sorry.

Dammit, now I'm far behind in making sheets
    Last edited by sherlock1110; June 24th, 2017 at 07:17 AM. Reason: I meant Mohini... Benkei is a catchy name
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

Laziness, thy form is me. EonADS's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aaaaagh, all these cool Servants make me want to work on my Berserker Loo-wit and on Gordafarid, but I have half a play and two essays to write! *discontented muttering*

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EonADS View Post
    Aaaaagh, all these cool Servants make me want to work on my Berserker Loo-wit and on Gordafarid, but I have half a play and two essays to write! *discontented muttering*
    You don't know how it feels to have a Servant sheet in your head but your physical body refuses to type it down.

---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You don't know how it feels to have a Servant sheet in your head but your physical body refuses to type it down.
    I already have a folder dedicated to WIPs of those I still haven't finished due to lack of inspiration...
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Laziness, thy form is me. EonADS's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have enough of that with fanfics. I don't need it with Servant sheets too.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EonADS View Post
    I have enough of that with fanfics. I don't need it with Servant sheets too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    I already have a folder dedicated to WIPs of those I still haven't finished due to lack of inspiration...
    And I'm still struggling to flesh out Kusuma Bangsa... The pain is killing me.

---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---

Blog Entries
    I've been an idiot this entire time because I didn't realise people were keeping these in outside documents... I was just keeping my rubbish ideas in my head and then getting them down in one go
    But good job everyone, I'm sure you'll get through your writer's block eventually

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I see no attempt to conciliate the different characterizations of Benkei in the different sources. I don't even see any attempt to utilize those sources; I see nothing from Kanjinchou, or Yoshitsune Senbonzakura, or Funa Benkei. You go and come up with Benkei and little girls, yet there is not a single reference to Shizuka Gozen.

That is one disappointing Benkei.

Blog Entries
    I see no attempt to conciliate the different characterizations of Benkei in the different sources. I don't even see any attempt to utilize those sources; I see nothing from Kanjinchou, or Yoshitsune Senbonzakura, or Funa Benkei. You go and come up with Benkei and little girls, yet there is not a single reference to Shizuka Gozen.

That is one disappointing Benkei.
    I'm not familiar with most of those sources. When did he meet Shizuka Gozen anyway?

And at least I didn't give him stuff that has fuck all to do with his legend as NPs like the canon not!Benkei. (Because when anyone thinks of Benkei they think being able to make seven clones of yourself, totally)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually they did both travel together... Hmm, interesting. I'll think of adding some reference to that in the sheet...

- - - Updated - - -

Erm, looking even closer I don't even think this Shizuka is the same as the one in Grand Order/Fox Tale at all. Hers is spelled Suzuka for one thing, and their lives and histories seem completely different. Not to say you couldn't combine them in some way (since Suzuka is likely an aspect of Amaterasu who could have different incarnations), but I'm hardly obligated to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I realized last night that I made a mistake in part of his Magic Resistance description, accidentally giving him the one for C-rank instead of B. Corrected. And sorry for spamming y'all with posts all of a sudden!

Blog Entries
    You don't think you're setting really high standards for everyone else's sheets do you? Sorry but not all sheets necessarily have to be a thesis on the heroic spirit in question, I only remember there being rules against "boring army-summoning NPs".