Page 197 of 620 FirstFirst ... 97147187192195196197198199202207247297 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthWhale View Post
    I'm trying to do a very specific chain of BBCode commands, and it keeps almost working, but it's not doing exactly what it needs to do. It's the definition of insanity, but I'm going to try until it works.
    just send me the code and tell me what you wanna do, perhaps i can solve the issue. tinkering with that stuff is something i can halfway enjoy
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It would spoil some stuff if I did. Thanks for the offer, but to preserve the hype, I'll get it to work eventually.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I think Watcher is a Class to make the Master a Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Strange Fake, Volume 3, Page 78
    “In short, you objectively observe the Holy Grail War in this city... Is that correct?”
    “Not us; the thing you summoned... to be precise.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Strange Fake, Volume 3, Page 80
    “Oh, that’s a good idea!” The child with the serpent staff assented brightly. “Yes, I’m sure you could dream, if you got the Grail. Just like Watcher goes on observing reality.”
    “The ability to observe what happens in the city... I bet a normal Servant could win the Grail War easily with that.”
    “Precisely, boy! I see you’ve finally put it together.”
    The Captain flashed a wicked grin.
    “Indeed, if the other participants were to learn of your ability, they would fight to claim you before going after the Grail!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Strange Fake, Volume 6, Page 45
    Sigma’s Servant, Watcher, which was supposed to be gathering all visual and auditory information from across the city, but he was currently unable to contact it.
    In particular, the first quote clearly defines what the Watcher class does. It's not some teacher or trial class, it's quite bluntly a class for observation. We can trust the Shadows as information sources here because they are directly linked to Watcher as her communication vessels.
    Her Shadows corroborate that, and the prose in quote three further compiles towards that specific goal. Sigma says she's for observation, the Shadows agree. The Shadows state that Watcher exists to observe, speaking from direct information from Watcher herself. The prose states that Watcher's purpose is to gather visual and auditory information (i.e. to watch).
    In summary, Riders ride things, Berserkers go berserk, and Watcher watches things.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man, we're in a bit of a Watcher craze now, aren't we? I'd start working on ideas for a Watcher sheet of my own, but the class is just so...different compared to the others.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    In particular, the first quote clearly defines what the Watcher class does. It's not some teacher or trial class, it's quite bluntly a class for observation. We can trust the Shadows as information sources here because they are directly linked to Watcher as her communication vessels.
    Her Shadows corroborate that, and the prose in quote three further compiles towards that specific goal. Sigma says she's for observation, the Shadows agree. The Shadows state that Watcher exists to observe, speaking from direct information from Watcher herself. The prose states that Watcher's purpose is to gather visual and auditory information (i.e. to watch).
    In summary, Riders ride things, Berserkers go berserk, and Watcher watches things.
    Well, seems like Watcher is a class that becomes more interesting in the hands of the fans.
    I think a Class that makes heroes and observes the surrounding to fulfill that task is in concept more interesting than a class that just observes and the one example we have for them just has the hobby of trialing the master.

At least I know the interpretation I had is wrong, but I like more and continue to treat the class like that.

Still thanks Hux for explaining it in more detail

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    Those shadows are like students who failed a test and are now helping their friend pass the test

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Man, we're in a bit of a Watcher craze now, aren't we? I'd start working on ideas for a Watcher sheet of my own, but the class is just so...different compared to the others.
    Yeah, the lack of canon examples doesn't help, not to mention there's still so much we don't know yet about our one and only canon Watcher.

On another note, while I won't be writing another Watcher anytime soon, I think I'll stick with Delrey's interpretation as well. I agree with them staying passive and letting the Master do most of the work, but having them only as observers without their own motives and character sounds... boring. I'll probably try to look for a middle ground between the two in the future. Laplace is the closer to the "neutral, passive observer" angle while Jack has a more active role in "guiding" the Master (but not too involved).

Lastly, a Watcher craze? Not long after the Faker craze a while back? I wonder which relatively obscure extra class is going to define the next trend now. Funny Vamp?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Yeah, the lack of canon examples doesn't help, not to mention there's still so much we don't know yet about our one and only canon Watcher.

On another note, while I won't be writing another Watcher anytime soon, I think I'll stick with Delrey's interpretation as well. I agree with them staying passive and letting the Master do most of the work, but having them only as observers without their own motives and character sounds... boring. I'll probably try to look for a middle ground between the two in the future. Laplace is the closer to the "neutral, passive observer" angle while Jack has a more active role in "guiding" the Master (but not too involved).

Lastly, a Watcher craze? Not long after the Faker craze a while back? I wonder which relatively obscure extra class is going to define the next trend now. Funny Vamp?
    Speaking of Watcher, you did a Laplace's Demon Watcher servant, right? Did you put it as Watcher because of the Demon experiments or specifically because of Laplaces propriety of observing? Im interested in one of the Demons so Im asking this

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Speaking of Faker, my Ea-Nasir sheet is coming along pretty well.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Princess of Rebellion
    'Beautiful, isn't it? The Ocean. I wonder what you see when you look. Do you see adventure? Do you feel fear? Can you tell when the enemy will arrive at your shores? For us, the sea has always been a source of bounty and misfortune in equal measure. I wonder what the people of your time see when they look...'

True Name
    Allignment
    Class
    Alternative Classes
    Aqualtune
    Chaotic Neutral
    Leader
    Saber, Caster, Rider, Lover

Height
    1.88m
    Weight
    80kg
    Region
    Kongo
    Source
    Historical Fact
    Dislikes
    The Sea, Ships.

Parameters
    STR
    END
    AGI
    MAG
    LCK
    NP
    B
    B
    A
    A
    D
    B

Background

A daughter.

A princess.

A captive.

A rebel.

Aqualtune’s story is one of loss. Losing her father, her kingdom, her freedom. Taken to strange shores away from everything she knew and loved. She was destined to fade through the sands to time…

But she refused.

Refused to be anything but free. Refused to remain in chains for the rest of her life. Within her burnt a powerful will, the power of one who’d been acknowledged by a goddess. Who would not rest until she was free to live her life as she saw fit.

So she escaped.

She fought.

Though her life was one filled with losses, this was the moment which immortalized her as the figure of the Princess of Rebellion, one who would give birth to those who followed her will and fought for their own freedom, unwilling to accept anything but victory, she tirelessly fought and lead her people through the peril.

Though victorious in many ways, Aqualtune would suffer one final loss.

She never did return to those faraway shores. That familiar scenery which she carried within her as she fought and bled for freedom alongside her kin.

None know how she died.

Though some would guess that at the end of her life, she tried to return, visiting the shores, looking at the ebb and flow of the waves, the familiar smell of salt, the familiar sensation of sand coursing through her fingers. Her unwavering faith, at that moment, would perhaps have been able to move the vast ocean before her.

Aqualtune hated the waters which separated her from home yet was loved by them in turn.

Perhaps that is the reason she carries a token of that goddess.

Only she knows.

And that story is only hers to tell.

Personality

Unyielding, unbent, unbroken.

Aqualtune’s tale is one of tragedy. The story of a woman whose father was slain and whose freedom was stolen. Forced to labor under the yoke of foreign invaders in a foreign land away from everything she knew and loved. It would be expected of someone to find such circumstances unbearable, to give into despair.

Yet this could not be said of her.

A woman possessed of a burning strength and will, she was more than just a symbol of power, a princess who was beloved by the Goddess of the Sea. So much so that her patron would follow her from those familiar shores across the ocean and into a new world unlike her home.

Aqualtune refuses to think of herself as anything else than a ruler and protector of her people, facing adversity with strength regardless of how much suffering she must endure. She does not believe she has the luxury of mourning and despairing, not so long as she has subjects to protect.

While in El Dorado, however, her usual stubbornness was pushed to further heights when she received the Core of Kianda, the Goddess whose favor she had in life by demonstrating unwavering faith during her long journey across the sea.

Though she refuses to rely on the goddess' favor.

Hating and loving the Sea in equal parts, it could be said that Aqualtune hates the sea for the same reason she was loved by it.

Variant Class - Leader

Heroic Spirit of Strategy and Command.

Normally unavailable due to its abilities violating the need for secrecy within a Grail War, the Leader Class capability for accumulating a following and empowering them through Charisma would normally be able to overwhelm armies and countries by itself. It its functions overlap with Skills normally possessed by the Rider and Saber classes, the Leader is one who can create an army of the living and give them the power to match supernatural foes.
    Without a group to lead, they are weakened, but if allowed to build their forces, their parameters would grow to staggering levels regardless of how weak they started out.

It's Signature Skills are Lynchpin and Tactician.

Class Skills

Tactician

C
    Unlike Charisma, which boosts the abilities of allies in group battles, Tactician is the signature Skill of a Leader Servant. Foregoing any personal boosts, this Servant instead gains awareness of the movement of their army and can command them from a distance. Akin to a mass communication ability.

Lynchpin

C
    A skill of the Leader Class which grants them bonuses on all parameters based on the size of their following. The greater their army, the more powerful they become.

Personal Skills

Honor of Suffering

B
    A Skill which reduces the cost of healing wounds to a fourth of the usual. Boosted by Lynchpin, this skill can become nearly instantaneous. Healing wounds moments after they were inflicted. Due to Aqualtune's Divine Core, she possess a nigh infinite source of mana to heal herself with.

Core of the Sea Goddess

-
    The Blessing of Dandalunda, a Goddess of the Sea whose favor Aqualtune received over the course of her journey through the ocean. The Skill becomes more powerful the closer she gets to the Ocean, though Aqualtune will refuse to enter the sea for a reason she refuses to disclose.

Charisma

B
    At this level of Charisma it becomes possible to lead an Army or Country. Aqualtune, having done the former, grants boons to those who fight in her presence as allies, combining it with her Class Skills, Aqualtune becomes a dangerous commander who can adjust to abrupt changes in the battlefield.

Unyielding Will

A
    An exceedingly firm will that will never, ever yield against any kind of pain, despair, or situation. In other words, she possesses a resistance against physical and mental damage. However, said resistance does not hold against illusion sorts of attacks induced by others.

Noble Phantasms
    Kianda: Serrated Blade of a Faraway Shore
    Anti-Army
    C+

A sword made from the skeleton of a divine beast. It could be said to represent the Sea Goddess’ blessing. When swung, the blade releases blasts of salt water which can tear through stone and steel alike. It’s true use, however, is to summon the Divine Beast of Dandalunda, a massive sea monster of the ancient world from which the sword was made. Once summoned, Aqualtune loses her blessings, the boosts they granted them and her own Divine Core. Without the Riding Skill which she would have as a Rider or Saber, she cannot hope to control the beast.

Thus activating the true function of this Noble Phantasm could be seen as a last resort, as it would severely cripple Aqualtune in exchange for summoning a creature that will indiscriminately attack anything in its path, summoning storms and tidal waves.

Perhaps this was the enemy that vanquished her at the end of her life?

Mbwila Ten-Thousand: Royal Oath of Rebellion
    Anti-Unit
    B

It is said that Aqualtune once lead an army of ten thousand strong during the battle of Mbwila. An ability which she retains as a Leader. However, unlike those Servants who can summon massive armies of their loyal followers, Aqualtune can only recruit the living to serve under her. By making them swear and verbal oath, she places them under a contract not unlike those that exist between Masters and Servants.

Through this contract, Aqualtune gains the ability to call upon members of her ‘retinue’ at all times. They cannot resist the summons and can only be released from the oath if their request is granted.Though Aqualtune is loath to use this ability on the unwilling, the circumstances of her summoning and the influence of Dandalunda over her Saint Graph have caused her to develop a mentality closer to that of a Divine Spirit, favoring the outcome regardless of the methods employed.

Aqualtune’s Noble Phantasm reaches its maximum capacity when she has recruited ten thousand individuals, which unlocks its true function. To sever contracts in exchange for the ability to ‘survive any single blow’. Referencing the Princess’ survival ability. Depending on how many contracts she severs, the wounds and attacks she can survive grow in scope.

By sacrificing all 10.000 contracts, she would be able to survive any kind of attack.

But just one time, after which she is left alone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Speaking of Faker, my Ea-Nasir sheet is coming along pretty well.
    Where have I heard of that name? searches... I am now intrigued.

Blog Entries
    @Master Therion: The latter, mainly, though I can see how the former justification can work as well, with all the vagueness for the class.

Blog Entries
    The latter, mainly, though I can see how the former justification can work as well, with all the vagueness for the class.
    The Demon Im interested is Morton's Demon, who is related with Confirmation Bias. Caught my interest, since I had seen a Laplace and a Maxwells demon servant. Decartes would be cool, too, its about how you cant perceive the world objectively because you only use your perception to interact with a perception, not you with another thing.

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Wyvern:

Custom Servant Class Detected.

Dope as hell. I feel like Kianda should probably be a higher rank, since she's summoning an ancient magical beast from the Age of Gods, but Ranks are meaningless and the stats don't matter. Like the implementation of the army of 10,000. That said, you should probably describe what happens to the individuals who have the contract severed. You imply that they disappear/die since she is "left alone," but I don't know if that's true or not. Lynchpin is an interesting skill, which I assume is C rank because she's already got those big params.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Therion View Post
    The Demon Im interested is Morton's Demon, who is related with Confirmation Bias. Caught my interest, since I had seen a Laplace and a Maxwells demon servant. Decartes would be cool, too, its about how you cant perceive the world objectively because you only use your perception to interact with a perception, not you with another thing.
    Hoho, first time I heard of Morton's Demon, and I'm intrigued. Manipulating beliefs and ideas sound like an interesting ability to see in a HGW more focused on mystery and psychological thriller.

Blog Entries
    Hoho, first time I heard of Morton's Demon, and I'm intrigued. Manipulating beliefs and ideas sound like an interesting ability to see in a HGW more focused on mystery and psychological thriller.
    Unfortunately its low on my list of priority, since my top priority is, in order:
    1) Fix Fernando Pessoa and Saver character sheets, Saver using info i have recently posted about John IV and Sebastian (those were just a way make my Saver more correct, but still liked doing them);
    2) Make Aleister Crowley
    3) Make Heteronyms of Master of Fernando Pessoa, possibily even make a Master character sheet

Here is an article from the wiki some thought demons, if you are interested: Link
    Last edited by Master_Therion; May 28th, 2021 at 06:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Aqualtune: Hmm, not a fan of the Class, but with the context you have given us so far and how you described the NP, one can deduce that it is an unnatural class that should not be taken too seriously. The Tactician Skill seems actually pretty cool to imagine, seeing a villain Leader sit in his base of operation, twirling his mustache and knowing what happens real time. I even learned about a new god, but i havent looked into african/yoruba myths yet. Still, sealing the Divine Core skill, but explaining in the Honor of Suffering skill that she still has effects just doesnt work. the Divine Core is an aspect of the body and cant be really sealed. And what is she actually? A Pseudo-Servant with the goddess? Doesnt sound like it, my guess is you mixed up a Divine Core and a Divine Blessing/Protection/Affection skill.
    Imagining the Leader Class nowadays seems so weird, on one hand rallying 10K normal humans to fight seems just not possible, but she is a Leader of Rebellion and we have seen over the last few years in Asia and Muricah how people can organize

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Aqualtune: Hmm, not a fan of the Class, but with the context you have given us so far and how you described the NP, one can deduce that it is an unnatural class that should not be taken too seriously. The Tactician Skill seems actually pretty cool to imagine, seeing a villain Leader sit in his base of operation, twirling his mustache and knowing what happens real time. I even learned about a new god, but i havent looked into african/yoruba myths yet. Still, sealing the Divine Core skill, but explaining in the Honor of Suffering skill that she still has effects just doesnt work. the Divine Core is an aspect of the body and cant be really sealed. And what is she actually? A Pseudo-Servant with the goddess? Doesnt sound like it, my guess is you mixed up a Divine Core and a Divine Blessing/Protection/Affection skill.
    Imagining the Leader Class nowadays seems so weird, on one hand rallying 10K normal humans to fight seems just not possible, but she is a Leader of Rebellion and we have seen over the last few years in Asia and Muricah how people can organize
    To answer your questions. It is possible for a Noble Phantasm to sacrifice the Divine Core of a Servant. As we've seen with Magni's Noble Phantasm. The description which refers to her having the boons of the Divine Core were written before the fact that she can lose said Divine Core was revealed. She has those boosts until she sacrifices them to use Kianda's true function.

Remember, she can use her second Noble Phantasm to force a contract on someone. She just doesn't like to do it. Summon her in any modern city and you will have more than enough people available. All they have to do is agree to the oath. It can be done under duress or if they are being controlled or forced to do it. But again, she would personalluy not use it in this way.

If she uses Kianda, her Honor of Suffering will lose the source of mana she can personally draw on. I thought that was clear.

As for what Aqualtune is as a Servant? She isn't a demigod or anything. She received the Blessings of the Sea Goddess while alive and at the end of her life, challenged Dandalunga as her final act of defiance. Her servant form having a Divine Core and a sword made from the bones of a Divine Beast are connected to that final challenge and her unknown death.
    Last edited by Wyvern; May 28th, 2021 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    @Wyvern

Great servant. It's original and interesting. You even make a new class. I have to look into that god later, it caught my curiosity. Anyway, for class skills, its fitting. If the saver has charisma, the leader has tactics. Personal skills, they compliment her well. However, does Honor of Suffering have any limits if she combines with her divine core? It seems like a really powerful combo. Her NPs are creative, taking into account her ties with a goddess and her Leader class. Overall it seems like a really durable servant, combining Honor of Suffering plus core and her second NP, kinda like the person is. Oh, just now realized she shares her skills with Spartacus, fitting her role. Good job

Blog Entries
    no no i thought the Core skill is sealed from the get go because it has no rank, just "-" that generally means sealed to me.
    I am aware of the Magni thing, i wrote a sheet about his sister Thrud with a similar theme and used it in Hyas too, but I believed the Core skills are for the gods themselves and their actual vessels, not for those that were granted blessing from the gods, we have the different skills for that. I guess having that in other ways is acceptable too, just technicalities that confused me

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.