Page 515 of 620 FirstFirst ... 15415465505510513514515516517520525565615 ... LastLast
Results 10,281 to 10,300 of 12397

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In general, can we please just keep recent politics out of this thread?
    And yea, not everyone who fought in either of the World Wars should become a Servant. Some are Nazis (please don't ask why writing Nazis or their sympathizers are bad mkay), and others just aren't exceptional enough to warrant a spot on the Throne.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Robert of Geneva: *hears One-Winged Angel start playing* Seriously though, I'm glad to see you followed through this idea from the Stat This thread. Edgy/morally ambiguous holy figures are always cool to see. I'd imagine Antipope would power him up based on the holy figure he's 'opposing' just from the name, though the effect you gave works too. Is his second NP basically a beamu Rule Breaker? Can he sever Servant contracts with it too?
    I’m so glad you like him. The idea is yes sorta like a beam Rulebreaker, but more focused on relationship bonds as opposed to physical bonds, and as such can’t like wipe servant contracts.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol, a sheet on Bandera would be quite the sight to behold.

Personally, I find some of the sheets we already have in this thread like Saver Anne Frank or Assassin Mary Seacole to be orders of magnitudes more offensive than anything someone could think to do with Bandera, but that's just me.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There's worse stuff here for sure but we shouldn't make it a recurring thing.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    I'll add my two cents and say a couple things. Knowing how the Throne of Heroes works, yes, some of the worst people in history are most likely recorded in it as well. However, servants are affected by the world perception of them, which is why some servants possess skills like innocent monster and such; but my point in that is, if someone is remembered as monster in history, as a servant they'll be portrayed as a "monster". That's why some of these people are very delicate to create sheets for and very easy to be offensive. This especially gets tricky when dealing with WW2, as that time period (especially when dealing with the Axis side of the war) can get very tricky and is best not to touch. As Skull and Reploid have both pointed out, a good few people have done a very bad job making servants dealing with that side, some being actually offensive. I do think DelRey with his Hitler sheet (despite being controversial) is still the sheet that understands the Throne of Heroes the best while not being too offensive.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Wooden doll

Servant Berserker... what?! Why did I lose my flesh? I’m... a doll?! Nasty, disgusting body!!!

Class: Berserker
    True Name: “Pinocchio”
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Place of Origin: Italy
    Armament: wooden body

STRENGE — B
    ENDURANCE — B
    AGILITY — C
    MANA — C
    LUCK — E~A
    NP — B

Class skills:

Mad Enhancement (C)

The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. Rank up for all parameters, but most of one's reason is robbed.

Berserker retains his personality, dialogue is possible with him, but there are a couple of nuances:
    The first nuance is that he sincerely hates his wooden body
    The second nuance is that he is obsessed with the idea of obedience to children. It will be very difficult for masters-children with him

Personal skills:

Wooden Body(B)

Berserker's body is, oddly enough, a wooden doll. He doesn't feel tired, he doesn't need oxygen, he's incapable of feeling pain, and his punches are far more painful than those of a flesh-and-blood man. Of the minuses - it is vulnerable to fire and attacks from creatures such as beavers, woodpeckers and woodworms.

Just try to say something about my nose, Master.

Dialogue with Animals(C)

A skill that allows a servant to communicate with animals. Berserker is able to understand animals, but cannot give them orders

They still lack discipline. Worse than naughty children

Fairy Blessing(B)

A skill that increases the Berserker's luck as long as he behaves well. Each violation briefly reduces his luck drastically.

I may have lost my body, but I will remain a model of virtue

Noble Phantasm:

Paese dei balocchi
    Punishment for naughty kids
    B, Anti-City

A country from Berserker’s story, a place where all the boys and girls can have fun and play ... but there is a nuance.

This NP is a curse that a Berserker can place on a city. It only affects children under 14 years of age. If the child behaves naughty - by the standards of the Berserker - it will begin to turn into a creature called weredonkey.

These creatures look like a hybrid of a man and a donkey. They have donkey heads, ears and tail, instead of feet hooves, hands remain human. Weredonkeys obey only Berserker, who is feared to the core. They are wild, cruel and unable to restrain their momentary impulses.

Description:

Dislikes: Beggars, naughty children, his wooden body, swindlers

Berserker’s True name is… no, he is not Pinocchio. His True Name is Carlo Lorenzini, aka Carlo Collodi, author of The Adventures of Pinocchio, a story he never liked.

Now he has merged with his literary character, which is a real curse for him. He hates his body and the history that has become more famous than his name.

Lorenzini is a very hard man. He has no pity for naughty children whom he cheats with his Noble Phantasm. He will always say that it was their choice and let them pay for it. He is extremely categorical and used to looking at the world in black and white.

Relations:

Donatien de Sade - you are vile. Disgusting. Be sure one day you will pay for your lifestyle

Servant children - you lack a good punishment

Alexey Tolstoy - your story is much worse than mine. Naughty children have no right to happiness!
    Last edited by Shezum3; November 15th, 2022 at 01:18 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    I'll add my two cents and say a couple things. Knowing how the Throne of Heroes works, yes, some of the worst people in history are most likely recorded in it as well. However, servants are affected by the world perception of them, which is why some servants possess skills like innocent monster and such; but my point in that is, if someone is remembered as monster in history, as a servant they'll be portrayed as a "monster". That's why some of these people are very delicate to create sheets for and very easy to be offensive. This especially gets tricky when dealing with WW2, as that time period (especially when dealing with the Axis side of the war) can get very tricky and is best not to touch. As Skull and Reploid have both pointed out, a good few people have done a very bad job making servants dealing with that side, some being actually offensive. I do think DelRey with his Hitler sheet (despite being controversial) is still the sheet that understands the Throne of Heroes the best while not being too offensive.
    Sorry Spiff, but that's all completely irrelevant to this discussion. Type-Moon's lore has nothing to do with why writing nazis is reprehensible.
    The sheets shouldn't be written to begin with. Making these figures into anime characters with cool abilities and endearing tropes is insensitive regardless of the direction you take or how careful you are.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    "Pinnochio": Honestly, I get the idea and I think the concept of an author being saddled with the story they hate is kinda cool, you kinda go overboard with making references to Pinocchio. There is basically nothing that shows this is Lorenzini, his skills and NP are so based on that that his true identity come across as an afterthought. The sheet basically says nothing about him beside that he wrote a novel and dislike disobedient children. I think you should have put more focus on the person himself to merit his inclusion.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 15th, 2022 at 01:57 PM.

Outright denial on writing about reprehensible moments of human history is kinda childish. Representing these people with cool abilities and "anime tropes" is not necessarily to glorify or make readers sympathise. In reverse, it is often used to magnify the perspective of their evil actions or show how much pitiful they are.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For tyrants and villains who are several centuries old, I can agree, since we already have some distance from their actions. No one's gonna care much if I take some evil guy from 100BC or the 1500s and turn him into an anime character. For monsters who aren't even a century old, whose actions are still fresh on everyone's minds? Their atrocities feel a lot more "real" when we know there are still living people impacted by their decisions, which is why I disagree with you there. That would just be insensitive.
    Last edited by BnEl15; November 15th, 2022 at 02:36 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNomad View Post
    Outright denial on writing about reprehensible moments of human history is kinda childish.
    Writing about these moments in human history and making anime fanfic out of them are two very different things. I only denounced the latter.

Also what BnEl said.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Writing about these moments in human history and making anime fanfic out of them are two very different things. I only denounced the latter.

Also what BnEl said.
    I of course meant making fanfiction out of them since we are on a fanfic site.

I respectfully disagree but let's not start an argument.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Perhaps we should change the subject. I mean, I'm the last person who would write those type of sheets anyway. But regardless, it may be best to drop the subject before it goes off the rails.

Yeah, same. Recent history is lame anyways.

Blog Entries
    yes and no.
    the last century was pretty exciting from a progress point of view
    but for a TM pov i agree. The century known for destroying the last bits of mystery left in the world should inherently have barely any heroes left and still, it feels like half of the servants recently were from this period
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Saber of the Loathsome Duel
    ⫷ Honour Belongs Only Among Warriors ⫸

"Servant Saber... Saber? A kris is much more than a mere sword! Ugh, I guess the Throne must've made a reach after determining the other Classes unfitting for one such as me... How unelegant."

"Very well. Let's set all that aside for a moment. Master, have you heard of the heroes led by Hang Tuah? ...Don't tell me you got your hopes up just for that for a second there... Alas, I am neither him, nor his best friend and foremost rival. You'll just have to settle for the lowly third best. Even so, please lend me your strength, so that I can grow to become a greater hero than I've ever been in life."

Class: Saber
    True Name: Hang Kasturi
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Source: Malay folklore
    Region: Malaysia
    Attribute: Earth
    Natural Enemy: Hang Tuah
    Armament: Kris
    Catalyst: A sizeable antique bronze pot torn apart in an unusual way

ParametresSTR: C++
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MGI: C-
    LCK: D
    NP: E

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance | B

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At B Rank, it cancels spells with a chant below three verses, and it's difficult to affect Saber even by targeting him with greater magecraft and Greater Rituals. The hermit Adi Putera mentored Saber and his companions from an early age, and as part of his many teachings he found a way to gradually fortify them against magecraft. With the aid of that training and of the Saber Class container, a notable Rank is achieved.

"Warriors without spells facing off against mages wasn't quite as common of an occurrence in my day as it had been when the descendants of Iskandar first visited our lands or before then. Even so, the hermit who trained us five was nothing but thorough. And quite rightly so: heroism shouldn't be broken easily."

Riding | C

Denotes the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. At C Rank, one can flawlessly manage beasts and vehicles if they have received the proper training and adjustments. Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, Saber can't ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. This is a Rank befitting a warrior from Saber's times who was part of a group as renowned as that of Hang Tuah and his companions. However, it isn't further bolstered by more specific anecdotes, and as such it remains around the average for a Saber.

"No horse nor boat shall prove a challenge to tame for a worthy hero. Still, few such things are themselves true warriors worth conquering, and I would say that none of those I tamed in life qualify."

Personal Skills
    Silat | B

Silat is an umbrella term for several schools of martial arts from Southeast Asia that incorporate 'soft' motions which make use of the opponent's force and momentum; practicioners focus on attacking and defending with the whole body, as well as with several kinds of weapons. Various schools have philosophical components to their teachings as well, meaning that many abilities unrelated to any form of combat, such as meditation techniques, can be encompassed by this Skill as well. Saber and his companions were all trained in silat from the age of ten by the hermit Adi Putera, and became some of the foremost silat practicioners of their age. However, Saber couldn't reach the same levels of mastery of silat as the best fighters among the five, Hang Tuah and Hang Jebat. Indeed, he was roughly equal in ability to the other two, Hang Lekir and Hang Lekiu, not an uncontested third, as he often claims.

"I admit it: I lagged behind Hang Tuah and Hang Jebat during training. I couldn't grasp concepts just as quickly, and I couldn't master the same motions in the same amount of time. Even so, I'll still be able to surpass them both with your help one day. Isn't that right, Master?"

Golden Rule (Body) | C

A Skill that denotes the possession of a natural and perfect godlike body, preserving beauty. Though seldom mentioned in records for obvious reasons, Saber's striking appearance sets him apart from most in a major way. Even just the sight of him often makes observers feel, on an instinctual level, that he truly deserves to belong among the wise and powerful. With this, seducing one of the shah's concubines took no effort at all.

"Yes, I was gifted with a beautiful body. Yes, I nurtured it further by following the precepts of elegance. Yet, I never neglected the world of honourable warfare simply for the sake of appearances. And for that, I was rewarded. At one point I thought that, thanks to this form, I had simply chanced upon an opportunity for revenge. Instead, it led to something far better: a duel with the strongest hero of my time, who I thought already dead by then."

Playmate Invitation (Combat) | C

A Skill meant to draw the attention of enemy combatants on oneself. At the same time, the resulting rush of adrenaline makes it so that this Servant instinctively draws on reserves of power that had up to then remained largely untapped. Upon finding out that Hang Tuah was still alive and had been sent to stop him, Saber's reaction was one of joy. He openly invited the exhausted Hang Tuah to come and play, since there was no one else left to match them in power.

"Can you imagine it, Master? Can you begin to imagine how happy I was in that moment? I'd trained at his side. Fought at his side. Grown by his side. Ever since we were children. And he by mine. That was the most legendary among the warriors of my era. He'd been unjustly sentenced to death and undergone a shameful end which moved the world to tears. And yet, he was in front of me. There were none left to match us. Finally, we could play. That's all we had left. But in that moment, I would've never asked for anything else."

Noble Phantasm
    "The greatest hero was cut down without ever being defeated. The greatest hero fell miserably before any others could take the title from him in battle. You're nothing but my means to make the one responsible reach new heights of suffering. This is..."

The Spite of One Deprived of the Strongest
    Petty Exchange with the Shah

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 30
    Targets: 1 person

This Noble Phantasm essentially consists in three parts. The first two are typically — though not necessarily — activated simultaneously, and don't require a True Name Release to do so, whereas the third part is the True Name Release.

Firstly, it replicates his locking of doors and other exits and entryways to the palace by creating a Bounded Field around Saber and an opponent that acts as a barrier against any would-be intruders. However, its durability is limited, and it does not bounce back to its initial state after repelling an attack: it can eventually be worn down even by attacks of far lesser Rank.

Secondly, it replicates his setting of bronze pots, pans and other such objects over the floor by instantly creating replicas of them within the Bounded Field. Saber can determine their initial layout at will. Each of the constructs has durability equal to the external barrier's initial durability. They act as obstacles for fighters that lack Saber's athleticism, acrobatic skills, and sense of rhythm, but they also have a main purpose of acting as an alarm system that constantly communicates to Saber their location and the location of any intruders that collide with them at the moment of collision. Even if all his five senses were gone, as long as he was still capable of thinking, the message would arrive telepathically.

Lastly, the True Name Release is an attack meant to split someone in half and strip away their outfit. Saber's weapon flashes with red light ringed with sudden darkness, and he brings down his kris upon the enemy. The power behind this slashing motion is far enhanced compared to any of Saber's other moves. Moreover, it passes through any armour and clothing as if it wasn't there. It can't bypass skin or organs, however, so it can't do anything out of the ordinary against the durability of one's body, aside from being considerably more powerful from a physical point of view than Saber's other kris slashes. If an enemy is slain by Saber with his kris after he used the True Name Release of this Noble Phantasm against them, he may be able to loot some of their possessions afterwards if he or his Master pass a Luck check. However, only armour and clothing can be looted this way, and Saber's Luck is below average for a Servant to begin with, meaning he'll usually be more reliant on his Master for this clause of his Noble Phantasm to work.

I.One day, five children met a hermit. The children's names were Hang Tuah, Hang Jebat, Hang Kasturi, Hang Lekir and Hang Lekiu; they were ten years old. From that day on, the hermit Adi Putera became their mentor, and trained them in silat, turning them into some of the greatest martial artists of their era.

One day, the five, no longer children, were met with crowds panicking and fleeing, and, soon, found out the cause: a number of once mighty warriors maddened by illness had taken hold of their weapons, and were running amok, killing indiscriminately. The disciples of Adi Putera didn't back down from the danger, and, instead, stopped the rampage; Hang Tuah, the most skilled of the five, dealt the killing blow on the strongest of the slaughterers. In this occasion, one of the people whose life they saved was the bendahara Tun Perak: the closest advisor to the shah of Malacca had been abandoned by his own bodyguards. Thanks to Tun Perak, the notoriety of the five reached the shah, and they received ample rewards, as well as high-ranked positions in his court. From then on, they proceeded to take on many tasks as the shah commanded, and went on many adventures. However, the favour the five enjoyed at court would not last forever.

False rumours were spread by jealous onlookers about Hang Tuah having a relationship with one of the shah's concubines. Furious, the shah ordered Hang Tuah to be put to death; the people who would've been responsible for executing Hang Tuah, however, knew that the accusations were baseless, and that the shah would continue to need warriors as worthy as Hang Tuah in the future. For these reasons, they instead helped Hang Tuah escape and lay low, then reported that he'd been put to death, just as the shah had demanded.

Hang Jebat, Hang Tuah's foremost rival, up to then had been upholding principles of altruism, justice, goodness, and loyalty. But to Hang Jebat, Hang Tuah wasn't just a rival: it could be said that Hang Jebat was the person closest to Hang Tuah. When he first heard the news of Hang Tuah's death and the reason behind the execution, the shock was too strong. Instinctively, he threw away all his previous principles, and, maddened with grief, ran amok through the Sultanate, murdering anyone and everyone he ever came across. Eventually, the shah, desperate to stop Hang Jebat's rampage, was informed that Hang Tuah still lived, and ordered him to duel Hang Jebat to the death to save his life. Thus began the fight between Hang Tuah and Hang Jebat, who were so closely matched that the fighting went on for seven days. At the end, Hang Tuah emerged victorious, with Hang Jebat dying in his arms.

But this isn't the story of the duel between Hang Tuah and Hang Jebat. It's the story of the next duel that Hang Tuah fought afterwards.

In fact, Hang Jebat had been a principled man nearly equal to Hang Tuah in strength, and had thrown away his principles due to his madness induced by grief. Hang Kasturi was not so on either front. He was much farther far from being able to reach the level of Hang Tuah in strength, and, once he heard of Hang Tuah's death, he kept upholding his own principles. As such, while he certainly experienced a great deal of grief, more than he felt at any other time in his life, his grief can't be said to have maddened him or to have broken his spirit.

However, Hang Kasturi's principles were based on something completely different than those of Hang Tuah and Hang Jebat. He was a believer in strength, and in honour between warriors, and never cared much for those who weren't warriors. Therefore, after receiving the news of Hang Tuah's execution, he concluded that the strongest warrior had been unfairly executed before any could claim his title, which was clearly an affront to his belief. Therefore, following a line of reasoning that rationally derived from that conclusion, it was clearly Hang Kasturi's responsibility to punish the one who had ordered Hang Tuah's execution, and to make him suffer greatly before his death.

Having concocted his plan, Hang Kasturi used his looks and reputation to seduce one of the shah's concubines, the very same offence that had led to Hang Tuah's supposed execution. After a few escapades, when he knew he'd really earnt her trust, he intentionally slipped up, and left clues that led the shah and his followers on their trail, all the way to a certain secluded palace. Once he spotted the shah, Hang Kasturi locked all the doors in the palace and spread bronze pans and pots and other things across the palace floors as a sort of alarm system. Then, in full view of the shah and his followers, he stripped the shah's concubine, took out his kris, swung it downwards, and cut the woman in half.

After that, all he had to do was lounge about like he owned the place, without any trace of worry on his beautiful visage. News of Hang Tuah's return and of Hang Jebat's death hadn't yet been spread to that part of Malacca, and Hang Kasturi thought that the shah simply had no one left to stop him. Thus, he chose to draw out this taunting at length, knowing that, even if all of the shah's troops surrounded him, there would be no warrior among them to match him in strength.

At the time, Hang Tuah was far from having recovered from the duel against Hang Jebat. Even so, with every staggering step fully expressing his exhaustion, still covered in cuts all over his body most of which still bled and had yet to close, and with a numb soreness deep within all of his muscles and bones, Hang Tuah showed up. And when he did, Hang Kasturi's face lit up with unparalleled joy, and he invited Hang Tuah to play, because he knew from the sight of him that Hang Jebat was dead and that there was no third warrior in Malacca left to match the two of them.

Hang Tuah drew his kris and stumbled his way up the palace stairs for a moment, but was rapidly chased back down by a rapid charge from Hang Kasturi. Thus, the former demanded that the latter come down if he seriously wished for an honourable duel. Hang Kasturi refused, thinking that the shah's troops would certainly violate such an honourable agreement, and instead allowed Hang Tuah to come up the stairs. Hang Tuah grabbed a buckler he managed to reach along the way, thus gaining an advantage over Hang Kasturi, who had only a kris. On the highest floor, through the sort of obstacle course that had been created with the palace furniture, the fight progressed and escalated into a neck-and-neck confrontation. Hang Kasturi could barely keep up with the heavily injured Hang Tuah, but the vice versa was also true. But for the former, the sheer intensity of the clash was simply exhilarating.

Eventually, Hang Tuah slipped up, and his kris got stuck through one of the palace walls. However, he kept his cool and reminded Hang Kasturi how it would be dishonourable to strike down an unarmed opponent with a kris. Hang Kasturi let Hang Tuah retrieve his kris, at which point the battle could resume. The same happened two, three more times, and each time, Hang Kasturi would let Hang Tuah recover his kris, and the fight would resume. Finally, it was Hang Kasturi who slipped up and got his kris stuck through one of the palace walls. He went to retrieve his kris, and suddenly felt pierced through his back and his heart. Hang Tuah had broken the rules. With his last words, Hang Kasturi asked why.

"Of what use is honouring a wicked man like you?"

Thus ends the tale of Hang Kasturi's life as a human.

Description
    "What is it, Master? Have you come to partake in martial training at my side? It ought to do you some good. .... Ah, more about me... Very well. I'm sure the insight I could offer would be even sharper if I grew to be an even greater hero. Even so, I'll take a few moments to humour you now with what I already possess."

Likes: "A honourable, proper duel; a confrontation meant to determine the strongest among righteous heroes; a martial effort that doubles as a display of the best qualities mankind can hope to attain, of the goodness of the warriors' souls, and of the purest, unadulterated elegance."

Dislikes: "Improper duels. Improper conduct in battle. Actions that bring dishonour to the combatants, no matter how great their fame and power may be. To make a mockery out of a duel is... regrettably unforgivable."

Wish for the Grail: "Why, another match with Hang Tuah, of course! One in which we'd both be fighting at peak condition and abide fairly by the warriors' rules of honour!"

Bond 5
    Likes: "I've come to realise that the way in which I usually describe my ideal duel may sound overly complex to some. I simply happen to think such a duel to be deserving of words that exalt it, rather than flatten it exclusively. Even so, thanks to you, I've decided to add a necessary clarification. At its core, the ideal duel is meant to perfectly replicate the behaviour of two children playing with one another. ... Huh? That doesn't sound like child's play to you? Children never play like that? ... It sounds like you have much to learn still, Master. Alas, I pity your childhood... It must've doubtlessly been a lonely one. ... For some reason, you still seem unconvinced..."

Dislikes: "You'd like to know more? Shall I start listing out each possible infraction individually, then? I shall warn you: that would take up some time. ... Outside of duels, you mean? Ah, I see... To tell you the truth, in those circumstances, as you might have noticed, I'm not extraordinarily demanding. I suppose, if I were to pick something, it would be vermin. I am aware rats, snakes and even cockroaches all have their fans, yet I can't help but feel a certain desire to crush them to death whenever one comes within my field of perception. Naturally, I restrain myself whenever appropriate. ... Though unrelated, I should also mention that I do not appreciate being seen as 'wicked'. The way of us warriors is just and meant to contribute to a better world. Our efforts being diminished is typically offputting and frustrating, and perhaps I haven't been as open about that feeling as I should be."

Wish for the Grail: "In truth, it doesn't have to be Hang Tuah. It should be the strongest of the strongest, the most heroic among heroes. I shall wish to duel whoever holds that status, and take it for myself. It's just that... Hang Tuah's simply different. Even if he didn't hold that status right now, I'm sure he could get there by the time I reached the Grail. Surely. Surely."

Saber's mentality is, at its core, frighteningly simple. Among warriors, he follows a strict code of hounour. He goes for fair fights, he doesn't tolerate intentionally sabotaging an opponent before a duel, he never raises a weapon against an unarmed opponent, and pretends that his opponents likewise respect such rules. It's as if he strives to be a paragon of virtue among warriors, and holds his foes to those same standards. Saber has a tendency — an aspiration, even — to seek out direct confrontation in battle against the strongest of heroes, always with the aim to surpass them fair and square. In a way, it's its own form of idealism.

Outside the blessed field of battle and anything which risks tainting with impurity the righteous duels between true warriors, though? ... Anything goes. Anything. He just doesn't care. Lying, stealing, murdering, all forms of manipulation and much more are all freely permitted as far as he's concerned. Why shouldn't they be? Any moral principle can only be expressed in its purest form through a battle between heroes; outside of that realm, they are inherently false, and not worth pursuing.

That said, the reason he was able to disguise this part of himself as long as he could was that for most of his life he simply had no motive at all to undertake such actions. As long as he can fight at the side of the strongest or against them, and, in either case, keep improving as a warrior to greater and greater heights ... He's surprisingly docile, and can be kept under control relatively easily.

Even so, different Masters would have different sorts of trouble upon summoning Saber. Those who can tolerate his demeanor towards non-warriors tend to frown upon his code of honour, and vice versa the few who would prefer to fight fair at all times tend to have qualms about his conduct outside of battle. The few who can accept both aspects of Saber receive a great deal of respect from him in return.

RelationshipsBadang
    "That demon was no warrior when you subdued it the first time, but a mere thief, lucky to receive the mercy of a hero in the making. I must say, you've truly employed your strength in an exemplary manner!"

Hueil mab Caw
    "He may be somewhat lacking in elegance as of now... Yet his last charge towards his rival... His death with a wound through the chest and one last scar on his opponent... Yes, I'm glad to say it: he truly has a warrior's heart."

Iskandar
    "So even one of his worth would answer Chaldea's call for aid!? How splendid! Most splendid, indeed!"

Florence Nightingale
    "That nurse should waste less time on civilians. They are merely intruders in the world of true warfare. Incidental casualties just waiting to happen are undeserving of such a large share of our attention."

"Farmer"
    "No need to fear. A true hero has arrived.""Hang Tuah, help! There are no duels in t̶͈̔h̷̫̄͘e̵̮̓͑ ̷̧̪͂f̷̲̀a̵̘̥͠ṙ̷͔m̷͎̘͝!"

Bond Craft Essence
    Kris in the Wall

There is this regrettable tendency I seem to possess to always talk of him at his best. As if I currently hold no negative opinion of him whatsoever. As if I believe that from the days of his youth until the day of his death he always was the strongest of the strong, the most heroic of heroes, the foremost paragon among true warriors. If that is the impression I've been giving off, that is incorrect.

Because when he of all humans broke the rules of a proper duel, and stabbed my heart from the back, and called me wicked as he refused to meet my dying eyes, he ruined it.

An affront to strength. An affront to heroism. An affront to warriors.

He ruined himself. He ruined everything. He ruined our game.

I do resent him. I do.

Creator's NotesThanks again to Dragolord09 for suggesting I make a Servant out of one of the figures showing up in the Malay Annals!

The relationship line for "Farmer" can be clicked, btw

I hope I did a good enough job integrating the story of Hang Tuah fighting Hang Jebat with that of Hang Tuah fighting Hang Kasturi, since they're often presented as directly contradictory in legend, and also that I did something fun and interesting by contrasting the two stories and the characterisation of Hang Tuah's opponents in those two duels. I feel like that's a big part of what drew me towards making this sheet.

By the way, the Annals present four more members in Hang Tuah's group than the usual five: in this interpretation they'd still exist but would have joined later.

The artist for the main faceclaim has deleted both on tumblr and on pixiv as far as I can tell, but what can you do lol

Source for the image used in Description

Both are fanart of a character named Sinbad, from Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic and his own spinoff Magi: Adventure of Sinbad (but he's younger in that one so I didn't use any art from there)
    Last edited by Serra; November 16th, 2022 at 04:50 AM. Reason: NP Rank is now E

Blog Entries
    Got the sudden burst of inspiration to write this guy. Funny given the conversation just before…

ARCHER

“I’ll do what you say. Engineers don’t get to ask questions, after all.”

FIRST ARCHITECT OF ROME
    VITRUVIUS

General Information

Alias: King of Artillery, First Architect of Rome
    Pronouns: He/Him
    H/W: 176 cm/60 kg
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Attribute: Man
    Region: Rome
    Source: Historical Fact
    Armaments: Ballistae
    Catalyst: A map detailing a siege

Parameters

STR: E
    END: D
    AGL: C
    MAG: C
    LUK: D
    NP: C++

Class Skills

Magic Resistance D This rank of Magic Resistance is only afforded to Archer due to his age and class. Although he is familiar with magecraft, it is not to such a degree that it affects this skill.
    Independent Action C Similarly, this skill is possessed at this rank due simply to formality. Although Archer can operate as an exceptional sniper, he is rather reliant on orders from the ‘higher brass.’ To anyone who knows his history though, it seems as though he’s underselling his competence as a leader…

Personal Skills

Territory Creation A Archer’s experience in architecture and demonstrated mastery in its principles reflects on this skill. Beyond Workshops, it is possible to create a Temple. But if one were to ask why he didn’t manifest as Caster instead, he’d quickly shake off the question and get back to work. While within his Territory, Archer gains a bonus in the creation and operating of artillery weapons.
    Aptitude for Slaughter C+ No matter one’s passions, this skill indicates the unfortunate leaning towards harming other humans. Archer would rather not speak of the circumstances regarding this skill, and yet accepts it all the same. All damage against those of human nature is increased, and is especially increased when invading another territory.
    Siege Tactics B Military tactics specialized for siege warfare. Although an architect by trade, Archer was also an accomplished siege engineer and prefect. Not only do his Anti-Army Noble Phantasms gain a significant damage bonus, but his mana expenditure is highly efficient. Through a combination of this skill and Independent Action, Archer can operate at high effectiveness with very little support from the Master.
    De Architectura A+ A unique skill belonging to Archer, named after his influential treatise on architecture. In lacking the qualifications for another class, it has manifested thus as a skill which informs the methods by which he makes war. In other words, his supreme knowledge on architecture and infrastructure is the basis of his effectiveness as a siege engineer, and as a weapon used by Rome.

But beyond representing his wide breadth of knowledge, this skill’s primary function is the retroactive understanding of all structures. After all, it isn’t as though Archer is a genius that innovated architecture, but held a talent for understanding the sciences of all those before him and elucidating meaning from them. In other words, there is no construction in all the world and history which Archer is incapable of understanding, magical or otherwise.

Noble Phantasm

As is Man, So is War
    Symmetria Vitruvius

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0-60
    Max Targets: 1-10 People

“It’s a bit nasty, I admit.

But the truth is that conquest and architecture are the same thing.

Thus, so am I.”

A key principle of Virtruvius’ architecture is symmetry. He believed that the symmetry of a building should correspond with the inherent symmetry found in man’s bodies. Or rather, that the construction of the universe corresponds with the construction of people. Such a philosophy has been applied to his human weapons of war.

This Noble Phantasm has thus manifested, equating Vitruvius’ own body with the concept of ‘artillery weapons’ itself. When launching anything with his own body, what he launches gains the firepower of a low-ranked Noble Phantasm, as though he himself were a great ballista.

The firepower corresponds with the amount of magical energy spent, and much larger ammunition requires much more magical energy to effectively launch. As such, the most effective usage of this Noble Phantasm is with armaments he can hold with his own hands. However, it is not beyond him to construct bracing mechanisms that help boost his own effectiveness.

It goes without saying that, because Vitruvius is considered an artillery weapon, he gains a bonus in improving his own effectiveness throughout a Grail War.

A side effect of this is that the inverse effect is also applied: his artillery weapons are considered Vitruvius. He may fire his own constructions at his own will as though they were merely limbs of his body, as natural as one may breathe. Although he has no special ability for aim, his conceptual existence as ‘an artillery weapon’ is enough to shore up those weaknesses and qualify him as an Archer.

Noble Phantasm

Massacre of the Gauls
    Obside Avaricum

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 0-80
    Max Targets: 0-400 People

“That’s what you want? Heh. Alright.

Don’t blame me when you have to face the consequences, then.”

Vitruvius served as a siege engineer during many of the wars Rome waged, but so far as his career goes, there was no moment which describes his nature greater than the Avaricum Siege.

A long and brutal siege waged against what Julius Caesar believed to be the heart of the Gallic Revolt. If this place was crushed, then Vercingetorix would struggle to rally his forces and unite against Rome. Although that was the plan, the Avaricum stood for nearly a month, refusing to back down.

It ended in a turn of the weather, and a complete massacre of its inhabitants. Soldiers, civilians, and children alike led to blood running red in the streets.

Ultimately, it didn’t even achieve Caesar’s intent. The destruction of Avaricum only seemed to rally the Gauls further, uniting them now through the death of so many innocents.

One could consider this a Noble Phantasm discarded by Caesar due to its failure. But framed another way, it was a complete and utter success due to the Roman siege engines which were both created and managed by Vitruvius. The siege failed in the war, but as a battle it could only be described as a brilliant proof of concept. Such was the nature of Roman conquest, and the burden now carried by the man known as Vitruvius.

When Vitruvius activates this Noble Phantasm, the circumstances of that final day at Avaricum are recreated. Magical walls are constructed to lock the targets in, and ballistae are created on the high ground, making whatever environment his opponents are in a death trap of their own creation. Then, each of the ballistae fires at the center of the walls with the intent to slaughter all within it.

At the end of the day, it is only another slaughter. Its existence as a Noble Phantasm is not, ‘a feat claimed by Vitruvius’ but ‘the result of Vitruvius’ involvement.’

Personality

Overall, Vitruvius is a bitter man who seems to have something to say about anything, and at the same time has a hard time forming proper words when confronted.

To the layman, Vitruvius is certainly a genius. What else could explain his berth of knowledge, or his mindful attitude? Certainly he behaves in every single way like a genius should, so a genius he must be.

Truthfully, Vitruvius hates that idea down to the existence of the vocabulary itself. He insists that he is nothing special and is a sham of a Heroic Spirit. The only thing he’s good for is killing, he says. While some may say that is exactly the purpose of a Servant, there is nothing that can make Vitruvius budge from disagreeing. He is a man whose legacy has been both eaten up and spit out by the country he served. As a result, his opinions regarding heroism and warmaking are rather strict.

But when it comes to his scholarly side, he is always eager to explore new options. Perhaps it is that exact attitude, the willingness to delve into just about anything and not only the words of the well-regarded, which formed the identity of the ‘genius.’

Writing himself as a mere engineer, he will never disobey his Master. After all, he has been summoned to create and fire the weapons. He is certain that, when it comes to that designation, there is no Servant better to summon than him. He only asks that the Master not kid themselves and ask for more out of him than he has already laid out. In this, he is so harshly critical of himself that one may wonder if he was well-regarded among his peers outside of his work.

Also, do not question him about his designated class. It’s a sore spot for him. Even though he accepts the circumstances, he loathes that it is the only way he can be summoned.

Legend

Little is known about Vitruvius, the oft-named ‘First Architect.’

The simple truth, though, is that it doesn’t matter. Not even he will talk much about his own past, as he is far more interested in the realms of knowledge. All he will say to that effect is…

“I may have been an architect, but for Rome, I was a warmaker. That’s all there is to it.”

Despite the deep influence De Architectura left in the presence of Rome, that is not indicative of his deeds. It is merely a part of his Saint Graph, and the basis upon which his story is founded. Vitruvius’ true story is found in his involvement in Rome's many conquests. Not only did he revolutionize siege engines and tactics, but he actively took part in the suppression of rebelling peoples. If one wished to see the results of Vitruvius’ actions, one need only look to the results of the campaigns waged by Julius Caesar and Emperor Augustus.

Thus, the Vitruvius summoned is the one who was used as an extension of Rome’s warmaking. His innovation of siege and artillery weapons puts him at the forefront of the Roman Empire’s bloody legacy, which is to say nothing of his position as an engineer at the frontlines.

If all he did was create weapons of war, he could not be summoned at all, for that, like his architectural influence, would also have been swallowed by Emperor Augustus’ legacy. Instead, what Vitruvius has claimed is uniquely his own. The First Architect of Rome is one who builds the means for conquest first and foremost.
    Last edited by Gl4re; November 18th, 2022 at 09:06 AM.
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    @Hang Kasturi: That's a good sheet about a figure I didn't know, which is always nice to see. The only thing that bothers me is the Noble Phantasm, because it's based on him murdering an harmless concubine, then stealing her clothes. Honestly speaking, that's a very underwhelming 'feat' to base a NP on, and I feels like C-rank is way too generous of how effective it would be. But I like the skills a lot, and feel they represent him well, especially the taunting one.

@Vitruvius: Awesome sheet. The weapon-maker ashamed of his creation's results is always an interesting archetype, and managing to make architecture into an offensive ability is hella cool. Tough I admit that when my silly mind read the first NP, him being described as living artillery made me imagine him as a mecha-like literal artillery machine :P
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 16th, 2022 at 12:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hang Kasutari: I echo the above, but it's also just great to see a SEAsian hero. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    @Vitruvius: Awesome sheet. The weapon-maker ashamed of his creation's results is always an interesting archetype, and managing to make architecture into an offensive ability is hella cool. Tough I admit that when my silly mind read the first NP, him being described as living artillery made me imagine him as a mecha-like literal artillery machine :P
    Well, if he had the materials...
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

Blog Entries
    Thank you both for the feedback! You're very right about the NP, and in retrospect I'm not sure at all why it ended up being so high-ranked, either. For now, I don't really have a better idea to replace it with, but I'll at least be lowering it in Rank, most likely all the way down to E. I'm glad you liked the rest of the sheet

Vitruvius: I like this! The first NP is more conceptual and has me wondering what other applications the symmetry credo might have under different circumstances. The second is simpler and more straightforwardly based on something concrete, but feels appropriately Archer-y and very important to him. I really like that last paragraph in the description for Obside Avaricum, which goes very well hand in hand with Archer's general characterisation. He's definitely not happy about his NPs and Class being so martial, nor about his De Architectura being confined to a more marginal role and transformed in the way it has been. His quote about being only a warmaker to Rome is also great. The sheet carries through his bitterness, and the fact that he feels powerless to change his role as a warmaker now that he's been summoned as an Archer, preferring to keep following orders instead.