Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post
    Why aren't you my bro?
    But you're on my friend list, so I am!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Had no idea it was this late. Been doing fic research for an idea I have...different topic though.

I always thought making a cross between Fate/Tsukihime (or one of his other earlier works, one that more towards the magic aspect of things maybe) and Harry Potter along with that one other series where magic is involved in America (I think it's called "The Magicians" and its based in America. The main dude's name is like Quentin or something.)). It'd be interesting to see how it'd be puled off. Has it been done before? I feel like it's an easy topic/idea for a fanfic and just hoping it hasn't been done a thousand other times like my other idea probably has. (another reason why I don't want to post that here, plus it looks more like I'm begging since I don't have all the chars I need as I'm giving myself strict requirements for this one.Don't want anyone too OP or Mary-Suable, and also don't want a bunch of OP Servants since they are supposed to be 'fakes' anyways.)

It doesn't really have a plot just more if the universes co-existed together how would stuff all pan out? Like the Ministry of Magic, Atlas Institution and Magic Association would interact, how it would show things and also it's interesting to see the Eastern and Western sides to approaching magic. Honestly never got around to finishing Tsukhime though either, and I have not been able to find an adaptation of KnK(Kara no Kyoukai(?)) since I was thinking that would help in my "studies" as well.

My other idea is basically a prolouge of sorts leading up to Fate/EXTRA and dealing with the Harways group, England the other countries across the world, loss of mana in the world, dead population and things like that. However, I'd really not say anything, because I just don't think it will work well within the bounds of the Nasuverse or just with Servants and things in general. Or hell, just by even normal story writing standards I don't think I could pull it off. Not much of it has been planned out yet, as I said before, so I don't want to post anything until everything is fleshed out and worded correctly. It's horribly half-assed as of now lol, the 'plot' is a bunch of "uhms" and "maybes", nothing has been really decided as of yet.

Derp, found the link. Haven't read the book in a while though.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...s/TheMagicians
    Last edited by Kakashifan727; September 1st, 2012 at 09:12 PM.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't the dance thing already suggested some time ago? Although it was with Shinji instead of Shirou.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prologue for Harways actually sounds very intriguing

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
    Wasn't the dance thing already suggested some time ago? Although it was with Shinji instead of Shirou.
    I am quite certain dancing FSN has come up multiple times before and will come up again multiple times in the future.

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I am quite certain dancing FSN has come up multiple times before and will come up again multiple times in the future.
    Has there ever been a dancing Tsukihime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I dunno. I just know that "dancing" and "FSN" always makes me think

"Do not ask something so obvious. There is only one goal for me: to give birth to the dance.
    There is no room for questions. This is my only pleasure.
    ---Emiya Shirou.
    As you feel supreme bliss in other's pure tempo,
    I feel supreme bliss in other's disharmony."

Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh has all of the original moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Prologue for Harways actually sounds very intriguing
    Thanks, but trust me it is not. More or less, the Harways want a way to the Grail, or Moon Cell as it is stated to be in AU. So they and other plutocrats who control England/Europe send scientists to study the Grail wars of the past and use their knowledge to build a device that is basically the predecessor to spirit hacking (think like the .hack series, Megaman Battle Network/StarForce, or anything similar.). They force people to go through this thing, which tries to replicate the process of the Grail Wars as best it can, and makes them Fake Servants and Masters in some sort of virtual reality thing like the SE.RA.PH. (This is where I start going "Derp") I don't think things like this would be possible in the Nasuverse or world, even saying that the time is about 2018s or a little bit later.

Here's what I've got from my design document. This is just a summary and I'm planning on writing a more detailed thing later. This is still a WIP of course, and I'm planning on adding a forum on FF.net to discuss things but at the same time I don't want to spoil people either.

Spoiler:
    Basic Plot: Big Bad Evil Corporation from England/London sanctioned by the Harways tries to find a way to the Moon Cell, by trying to replicate the earlier HG and study the way the MC does its own HG if it's even plausible, hiring a company that makes a VR like .hack game DEVICE (but it's not a video game, it's like a way to hack into the MC's core but people think they are playing a game or those that don't get what's going on at least.) that uses false Servants, and coerces young children/some magi (Dead Apostles?, evil magi who want to be DA's?, whatever...) into playing it. People die, betrayals happen, all that fancy stuff etc. but in the end the Harways get their data on the Moon Cell, how it works, what's it made of, the process in which it determines selection of Masters/Servants, blah blah. Before they never had the exact data, but now they know 100% and are going to stage Fate/EXTRA after perfecting their plans (which might be the sub plot for Shirou...and maybe Tousaka...)This false replication of the Moon Cell's War causes many people to die, mostly magus/children of the company owners who are forced, stabilizing the population of the Earth and making progress slowly come to a halt. The process which was used to duplicate the Moon Cell takes up a vast quantity of mana from the Earth, destituting parts of the land(? something to that effect, make it uninhabitable) weakening the Earth, magic power/seals and etc in general due to the loss of mana. The loss of mana also makes Magical Creatures, Phantasmal Beasts and etc start to die out (maybe?) or become endangered due to the fact that their natural habitats/food sources/fauna have been destroyed, they need a certain amount of mana in the land where they live to be sustained, or etc. Rivers dry up or become polluted, grass and trees burn out or start to die, weird stuff keeps happening, you know the drill here folks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashifan727 View Post
    Thanks, but trust me it is not. More or less, the Harways want a way to the Grail, or Moon Cell as it is stated to be in AU. So they and other plutocrats who control England/Europe send scientists to study the Grail wars of the past and use their knowledge to build a device that is basically the predecessor to spirit hacking (think like the .hack series, Megaman Battle Network/StarForce, or anything similar.). They force people to go through this thing, which tries to replicate the process of the Grail Wars as best it can, and makes them Fake Servants and Masters in some sort of virtual reality thing like the SE.RA.PH. (This is where I start going "Derp") I don't think things like this would be possible in the Nasuverse or world, even saying that the time is about 2018s or a little bit later.

Here's what I've got from my design document. This is just a summary and I'm planning on writing a more detailed thing later. This is still a WIP of course, and I'm planning on adding a forum on FF.net to discuss things but at the same time I don't want to spoil people either.

Spoiler:
    Basic Plot: Big Bad Evil Corporation from England/London sanctioned by the Harways tries to find a way to the Moon Cell, by trying to replicate the earlier HG and study the way the MC does its own HG if it's even plausible, hiring a company that makes a VR like .hack game DEVICE (but it's not a video game, it's like a way to hack into the MC's core but people think they are playing a game or those that don't get what's going on at least.) that uses false Servants, and coerces young children/some magi (Dead Apostles?, evil magi who want to be DA's?, whatever...) into playing it. People die, betrayals happen, all that fancy stuff etc. but in the end the Harways get their data on the Moon Cell, how it works, what's it made of, the process in which it determines selection of Masters/Servants, blah blah. Before they never had the exact data, but now they know 100% and are going to stage Fate/EXTRA after perfecting their plans (which might be the sub plot for Shirou...and maybe Tousaka...)This false replication of the Moon Cell's War causes many people to die, mostly magus/children of the company owners who are forced, stabilizing the population of the Earth and making progress slowly come to a halt. The process which was used to duplicate the Moon Cell takes up a vast quantity of mana from the Earth, destituting parts of the land(? something to that effect, make it uninhabitable) weakening the Earth, magic power/seals and etc in general due to the loss of mana. The loss of mana also makes Magical Creatures, Phantasmal Beasts and etc start to die out (maybe?) or become endangered due to the fact that their natural habitats/food sources/fauna have been destroyed, they need a certain amount of mana in the land where they live to be sustained, or etc. Rivers dry up or become polluted, grass and trees burn out or start to die, weird stuff keeps happening, you know the drill here folks.

you know there's a thread just for fics with crossover elements...

You've apparently read my post wrong. It is just a Fate/EXTRA fic, has nothing to do with anything else except maybe some Fate/SN.

Or is that even considered crossover? I figured it's basically the same thing really.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Next thing you know, someone will be suggesting a Black Swan inspired fic starring Sakura!

...wait...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpy View Post
    You'd need to throw in Kotomine Shirou for that to be an accurate idea for one of my sig images.
    Edited (and reposted) for truth:

*see one of TheSpy's signature pics*
    What if the Saber summoned by Kotomine Shirou was a Death Apostole version of Arturia?
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

"Perfectly balanced. As all swamps should be." TheSpy's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by MWkillkenny84 View Post
    Edited (and reposted) for truth:

*see one of TheSpy's signature pics*
    What if the Saber summoned by Kotomine Shirou was a Death Apostole version of Arturia?
    Then Shirou becomes a DA. Or, given the nature of Avalon, and DA's, he becomes whatever they were originally, due to Avalon "correcting" the problems with the DNA.

I had this idea after watching Fate/Zero a while ago and decided to share.

Now this idea comes from two things, one Authria isn't the only hero with a strong connection to Avalon (And a stronger one to Kitsurugi) and two, Shirou is distorted and without self worth, why would he only want to "save" himself?

So the already done EMIYA is summoned to the fourth war idea sprang to my head, but this time he straight up says why he'd there. To save his family.

Reactions most likely: Little Ilya is exstatic to have a Big Little Brother, Iri dotting on her "son", Kitsurugi horrified he's passed on his ideals/abusing his future knowledge, Maiya has no idea what's going on but going with it.

US Friend Code
    Would be better with Kuro instead of EMIYA.

Why am I holding a scale? The Curious Fan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpy View Post
    Would be better with Kuro instead of EMIYA.
    Only in a crackfic rather than a serious fic.
    Last edited by The Curious Fan; September 2nd, 2012 at 07:05 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's 100% even. Alexander was naturally gifted with a huge penis, but Archer, who was born hopelessly average, nevertheless attained a huge penis through years of jelqing and penis pumping.
    "Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Clearly, immersing himself in excessive grimdark has turned Gen into a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X
    Zelretch: Time travelling sex offender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    If the HGW was fought between Indian heroes Fuyuki would be a smoking crater.

Like this Facebook page please: https://www.facebook.com/EvilHatProductions

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by The Curious Fan View Post
    Only in a crackfic rather than a serious fic.
    That just makes it better.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineDemon View Post
    I had this idea after watching Fate/Zero a while ago and decided to share.

Now this idea comes from two things, one Authria isn't the only hero with a strong connection to Avalon (And a stronger one to Kitsurugi) and two, Shirou is distorted and without self worth, why would he only want to "save" himself?

So the already done EMIYA is summoned to the fourth war idea sprang to my head, but this time he straight up says why he'd there. To save his family.

Reactions most likely: Little Ilya is exstatic to have a Big Little Brother, Iri dotting on her "son", Kitsurugi horrified he's passed on his ideals/abusing his future knowledge, Maiya has no idea what's going on but going with it.
    What would he think of the whole situation with the Matou and Tohsaka families...?

Why am I holding a scale? The Curious Fan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    What would he think of the whole situation with the Matou and Tohsaka families...?
    Considering that he may not know and that the chance of say, Kariya telling him is slim to nil, I'd say he wouldn't think much about it.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's 100% even. Alexander was naturally gifted with a huge penis, but Archer, who was born hopelessly average, nevertheless attained a huge penis through years of jelqing and penis pumping.
    "Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Clearly, immersing himself in excessive grimdark has turned Gen into a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X
    Zelretch: Time travelling sex offender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    If the HGW was fought between Indian heroes Fuyuki would be a smoking crater.

Like this Facebook page please: https://www.facebook.com/EvilHatProductions